PDA

View Full Version : UMASS SECOND TEAM IN PLAYOFFS

umassfan
November 11th, 2006, 02:46 PM
With JMUs loss... UMass now cannot lose the A10 title. Even with a loss vs Hofstra(JMU doesnt play them) UMass's win vs Nova won them the A10.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 11th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Congrats UMass! You may have been lucky, and we may have been unlucky, but that's football. JMU was anything but focused, and after the stretch of UNH, UR, W&M, UD we were due a let down game. Never an easy week in the A-10 and the Minutemen deserve all the credit in the world for their season so far.

On to Towson for the Dukes. I'll be there making as much noise as possible. I honestly felt this coming, but didn't want to say anything. I like us against Towson though. Villanova is simply not the same team they were in the beginning of the season and JMU made too many mistakes today, perhaps the costliest a fumble on the 5 on a punt return that would have put JMU up by 10 at the half. That's the way it goes some days... :bang: :bang: :bang:

Here's to praying for a YSU Loss to confuse things all the more! :rolleyes:

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2006, 03:09 PM
UMass and App St in, anyone else? A YSU win and UNI loss gives YSU the autobid.

UMass922
November 11th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Whew! Last year's loss to Hofstra in the season finale kept us out of the playoffs--good to know that this time we're in no matter what. Still want that seed, though, so I hope there's not a letdown against the Pride. Plus, this team really needs to get its rhythm back heading into the playoffs--the last three halves of football for UMass haven't been pretty. So I hope they take the Hofstra game seriously and get things back in order.

griz37
November 11th, 2006, 03:18 PM
UMass and App St in, anyone else? A YSU win and UNI loss gives YSU the autobid.

Not officialy in, but the Griz are rolling to 9-1, no chance we get left out.

Stang Fever
November 11th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Griz in...even with a loss they are in

igo4uni
November 11th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Congrats to Umass.

OrneryAggie
November 11th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Griz in...even with a loss they are in

no offense to any griz but I'm praying for a loss just to make make sure MSU gets in and USD's chances are lowered. I don't want to have to watch football on TV on thanksgiving saturday.

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2006, 03:37 PM
That's true, even if they had lost today and next week the Griz would be in.

Peems
November 11th, 2006, 03:44 PM
but was there any question we were going to lose today?

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2006, 04:04 PM
but was there any question we were going to lose today?

no

Sam Adams
November 11th, 2006, 05:06 PM
That was a close one - knew it would be. Maine is always always always tough. They just are. UMass wins the A10, I get to update my signature, Life is good.

But we still need to TCB against Hofstra on 11/18.

2006 A10 CHAMPS !!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

skinny_uncle
November 11th, 2006, 07:15 PM
YSU clinched the Gateway AQ today with their win.

ISUMatt
November 11th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Congrats UMass