PDA

View Full Version : What's up at U. Incarnate Word?

kdinva
November 13th, 2014, 10:39 AM
http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Incarnate Word (FCS – TX): Associate head coach Todd Ivicic has been suspended and “will not be involved in any team functions for the remainder of the season” per a statement from the university.

superman7515
November 13th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Got in trouble for stalking a ballgirl.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?160333-Ballgirl-on-the-Abilene-Christian-side&highlight=ballgirl

Sammy94
November 13th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Someone didn't like what the coach said and called his mommy, no wonder they suck

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/state/2014/11/12/uiw-football-coach-accused-of-roughing-up-player/18902841/

McNeese72
November 13th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Well, if it was ACU, I'd guess he got caught drinking a beer or something like that. But being as Incarnate Word is a Catholic university, I guess it would have to be something else. ;)

Fordham
November 13th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Holy crap!

He really did call his mom!

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Someone didn't like what the coach said and called his mommy, no wonder they suck

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/state/2014/11/12/uiw-football-coach-accused-of-roughing-up-player/18902841/

What a joke. The coach was going over film and he told him to move on. Of course the coach got in his face. What a waste of roster space.

Who hasn't sat in film and been embarassed about a play they screwed up on and wished the coach would move on?

BEAR
November 13th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Well, if it was ACU, I'd guess he got caught drinking a beer or something like that. But being as Incarnate Word is a Catholic university, I guess it would have to be something else. ;)

He yelled B-16....the uproar in the bingo hall could be heard all the way to Kansas..Caused quake I heard!

Bisonator
November 13th, 2014, 12:39 PM
The wussification continues.....

tomq04
November 13th, 2014, 01:11 PM
'merica

blackbeard
November 13th, 2014, 01:18 PM

Pathetic....go grow a pair kid. Tells coach to go to the next play and then doesn't like coach's reaction.

2ram
November 13th, 2014, 01:39 PM
how did that kid make it to college football?

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Cuz he's a kicker

MTfan4life
November 13th, 2014, 02:32 PM
"As soon as I told her the coach laid his hands on my face, she told me to file a police report and I did,"

I mean, yes this guy is the kicker, but still. Mike Kramer gets in trouble for pushing a guy, now this coach gets in trouble for touching another man's face. College athletes are adults, but lately they get defended like they're small helpless children. Pretty soon coaches won't even be allowed to raise their voice. All I remember from sports growing up was verbal berating. That's how they get the point across! :P I'm still in my twenties, so it's not like it was that long ago either. Now some cocky douche likely in his 20's mouths off to the coach and if the coach even just looks at him wrong, he risks being suspended.

The lamest part about this story is that all the headlines say "coach accused of roughing up player" or "coach accused of allegedly attacking player." Attack? Roughing up? What happens when this guy gets tackled during a game? Lawsuit? Subsequent arrest?

Fordham
November 13th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Cuz he's a kicker

I was going to say Title IX but your answer is probably more accurate

Hammerhead
November 13th, 2014, 03:27 PM
This hardly sounds like "roughing up" a player as the headline at the link in a previous post says.

"Next thing I know, he comes up to my face; out of nowhere, he grabbed me and forced my head to look at him and I was shocked,"
"As soon as I told her the coach laid his hands on my face, she [his mom] told me to file a police report and I did," said Roman.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 13th, 2014, 03:46 PM
I try not to take shots at people most of the time when I don't know the whole story but if this is all true this kid is the biggest pussy I've heard of in a long time. This school is also run by gigantic pussies unless there is some rule where their hands were forced on this thing.

That is as soft as it gets right there.

MTfan4life
November 13th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Roman said he's not the first player whom Ivicic has verbally abused.

The man is a football coach! Of course he's verbally roughed up people in the past. How many college football coaches have never once yelled at an athlete for something? I'm guessing the number is somewhere close to zero.

Sycamore62
November 13th, 2014, 05:20 PM
The man is a football coach! Of course he's verbally roughed up people in the past. How many college football coaches have never once yelled at an athlete for something? I'm guessing the number is somewhere close to zero.

73% of coaches who were hired since noon today have never yelled at a player

THIS is what happens when you let soccer players play football.

ace93
November 13th, 2014, 05:37 PM
73% of coaches who were hired since noon today have never yelled at a player

THIS is what happens when you let soccer players play football.

More like *want* soccer players to play football b/c schools do want good punters and kickers.

The coach should not lay his hands on the kid, that's pretty simple. The part about calling his mom is still pathetic, but it does not mean the coach should be allowed to put his hands on the player.

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2014, 05:41 PM
More like *want* soccer players to play football b/c schools do want good punters and kickers.

The coach should not lay his hands on the kid, that's pretty simple. The part about calling his mom is still pathetic, but it does not mean the coach should be allowed to put his hands on the player.

Why is it an issue to grab him? It's not like he punched him.

McNeese75
November 13th, 2014, 05:43 PM

Did you ever play football??? (American Football) This is so much crap. Today my HS Football coaches would be sent to old sparky in Huntsville for the way they got our attention. Funny, I am not aware of any of my old teammates that had severe long lasting mental or physical damages from those little sessions. Pussies.

Sycamore62
November 13th, 2014, 05:48 PM
I originally missed the part where he said move on.
I assume we might be dealing with no less than 2 d-bags here.

Edit: I Never played on a team where the kicker/punter got to talk

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Edit: I Never played on a team where the kicker/punter got to talk

Lol. xlolx

ace93
November 13th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Did you ever play football??? (American Football) This is so much crap. Today my HS Football coaches would be sent to old sparky in Huntsville for the way they got our attention. Funny, I am not aware of any of my old teammates that had severe long lasting mental or physical damages from those little sessions. Pussies.

Are you including yourself? It does not take a rocket scientist to know times have changed and coaches cannot get away with these things. The kid definitely asked for it by telling the coach to move on, but the coach should have known better. We can all wish for the way things were when we were in college or HS, but that's just not how things are these days.

Big Dawg
November 14th, 2014, 12:53 AM
The punter told the coach to move on to the next play...WOW

Nickels
November 14th, 2014, 04:42 AM
I remember being yanked around by my facemask and chewed out numerous times by my coaches...in middle school.

Give these pussies flags already.

TennBison
November 14th, 2014, 07:14 AM
How did he make it out of preschool.

TennBison
November 14th, 2014, 07:33 AM
I mean, yes this guy is the kicker, but still. Mike Kramer gets in trouble for pushing a guy, now this coach gets in trouble for touching another man's face. College athletes are adults, but lately they get defended like they're small helpless children. Pretty soon coaches won't even be allowed to raise their voice. All I remember from sports growing up was verbal berating. That's how they get the point across! :P I'm still in my twenties, so it's not like it was that long ago either. Now some cocky douche likely in his 20's mouths off to the coach and if the coach even just looks at him wrong, he risks being suspended.

The lamest part about this story is that all the headlines say "coach accused of roughing up player" or "coach accused of allegedly attacking player." Attack? Roughing up? What happens when this guy gets tackled during a game? Lawsuit? Subsequent arrest?
In my Pee Wee and Pop Warner football days in NJ our coach would sometimes go on offense and run our butts over or go on defense and blast us for a play or two. 28 year old 6'2 220lb guy taking out 4'8 100 lb kids and yelling and screaming the whole time, but then after a good practice or a game we went for ice cream or pizza. High school coaches would grab us by the face mask and drag us around the field smacking us upside the helmet and etc. etc. But at the end of the day they knew we would run through a brick wall for them, and they made us feel like we were part of something and that they cared about us. They didn't just teach us about sports, they also gave us life lessons. And in college we were treated like we were in boot camp. And this kid can't take a coach saying the f word to him, maybe he needs to join the "go fish" card club.

UIWWildthing
November 14th, 2014, 07:36 AM
I just wanted to add that the UIW in my name does NOT stand for the U. of Incarnate Word.

TennBison
November 14th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Why is it an issue to grab him? It's not like he punched him.
If that was the case coach Farley from UNI would be in jail, did you see him on TV smacking his players in the head during the NDSU game.

TheRevSFA
November 14th, 2014, 07:44 AM
I say this, and I think most of my conference mates will agree: **** UIW. Go back to D2

McNeese75
November 14th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Time for Momma's Boy to learn what the "Bull in the ring" drill is.

JSUBison
November 14th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Time for Momma's Boy to learn what the "Bull in the ring" drill is.

No, this needs to be handled by his teammates. I suggest the blanket party.

Fordham
November 14th, 2014, 10:10 AM
No, this needs to be handled by his teammates. I suggest the blanket party.

let's not go overboard - holy Brokeback Mountain!!

Winindy
November 14th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Blanket parties must be different up in NYC. Both probably not much fun though.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2014, 11:48 AM
let's not go overboard - holy Brokeback Mountain!!

I do not think you are aware of what a blanket party is. Here is an example cowboy. xlolx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCNqKrX1sx8

superman7515
November 14th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Blanket party at Fordham...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFSWsKiWNBc

catamount man
November 14th, 2014, 03:18 PM
This kid is a major VAG. Wow!

Nickels
November 14th, 2014, 03:42 PM
He screwed up and his coach got on his ass. Instead of learning and becoming better this little **** told the coach to move on. I can't wait until he tries this in the real world. His boss calls out his screw up that cost their company thousands and in the middle of the lecture he tells the boss to move on. He'll be wishing his boss grabbed his face after his entitled ass gets fired and he has to call mommy again.

Sycamore62
November 14th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Its the coaches fault for not explaining the play in soccer terms. Ive read up on the subject and he should have said:
"when they snap you the football, you are going to have to grow a pair then while holding the footbal pretend you just scored a goal and try to run as far in the direction you are facing as you can without anyone touching you. If needed you can take your shirt off before you start running, just be aware that it probably wont fit over your helmet and if anything comes off with it its probably gonna hurt a lot more than the things that you would normally lay on the ground for 3 minutes while the stretcher people cone to get you"

Hammerhead
November 14th, 2014, 11:50 PM
I'd probably get fired now for one thing I did with my 9th grade science students 20 years ago. I would have them hold hands while someone touched the Van de Graaff generator and then touch a faucet to give everyone a shock. A few kids in every class wanted to do it again. :)

Sycamore62
November 14th, 2014, 11:54 PM
I'd probably get fired now for one thing I did with my 9th grade science students 20 years ago. I would have them hold hands while someone touched the Van de Graaff generator and then touch a faucet to give everyone a shock. A few kids in every class wanted to do it again. :)

I got Tazed....during the training