PDA

View Full Version : Pick any two schools to remove from your conference

IBleedYellow
November 13th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Since it's getting close to that time of year where everyone gets really mushy with their conferencemates with the playoffs coming. Pick two teams that you don't want in your conference anymore. You can cheat and do one if you'd like.

kalm
November 13th, 2014, 09:50 AM
SHSU

CasualFan
November 13th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Sorry, but the Big South can't afford to lose any! So I'll cheat and pick a non-football school -- Longwood, since they are in the fewest sports. I know, pretty lame answer...

EDIT: Or maybe the answer is that we already did. So long, VMI. Good luck in the SoCon.

knucklehead
November 13th, 2014, 09:52 AM
We'd lose the autobid, so none. Haha

JMU2004
November 13th, 2014, 09:58 AM
URI and Elon. Combined record of 1-19, and absolutely killing the CAA SOS.

Grizalltheway
November 13th, 2014, 09:58 AM
UN_ and UNC.

LehighU11
November 13th, 2014, 09:59 AM
I'll cheat as well and request that we dump American and Loyola, and add Georgetown as a full member with football schollies and pull Johnny Hopkins up to D1. That way we retain our Patriot League footprint in DC and Baltimore.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Youngstown.

It's the only one I can't drive to easily. After this weekend, they and WIll will be the only two I haven't been to.

FordhamFan
November 13th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Georgetown, love the school, but lack of scholarships just makes them a tremendous weak link in what I hope is a Patriot League that is getting stronger.

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2014, 10:04 AM
UN_ and UNC.

Let these schools know that the Summit is very interested in reconnecting to our old conference mates.

IBleedYellow
November 13th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Let these schools know that the Summit is very interested in reconnecting to our old conference mates.

Nah, I'm good. We don't need either.

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2014, 10:07 AM
MVFC - YSU is the east anomoly. Nothing against the 'Guins other than they are the only non-Summit, MVC team in the conference.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2014, 10:08 AM

They were good part of the NCC. I don't hate the idea.

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2014, 10:09 AM

Agreed we don't NEED either. But they are a good match, and footprint wise, they both fit.

IBleedYellow
November 13th, 2014, 10:11 AM
They were good part of the NCC. I don't hate the idea.

So you want D2.0? Understood.

Ivytalk
November 13th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Penn State and Cornell A&M.

Lehigh'98
November 13th, 2014, 10:15 AM
In fantasy land, i would like to have Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Dartmouth & Penn in with Lehigh, Laf, Colgate, Fordham, Bucknell & HC.

Georgetown, Brown, Columbia, Cornell combine with other like minded football schools.

tomq04
November 13th, 2014, 10:17 AM
SHSU

Sick burn on us? (the big sky as a whole)

IBleedYellow
November 13th, 2014, 10:17 AM
As for my two (one, really). I'd have to say Youngstown State. It's nothing personal, 'Guins. You just are further outside of the footprint than the rest of us.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2a/MissouriValleyFootballLocations.png

clenz
November 13th, 2014, 10:21 AM
YSU and either usd or wiu.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

UNIFanSince1983
November 13th, 2014, 10:23 AM
As for my two (one, really). I'd have to say Youngstown State. It's nothing personal, 'Guins. You just are further outside of the footprint than the rest of us.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2a/MissouriValleyFootballLocations.png

Funny you removed a team without even trying on that map xthumbsupx

IBleedYellow
November 13th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Yeah, it's an outdated map that doesn't have USD on it. ;)

UNIFanSince1983
November 13th, 2014, 10:28 AM

I wouldn't mind a trip to Greeley every other year or so. Love me some Colorado.

clenz
November 13th, 2014, 10:32 AM
I wouldn't mind a trip to Greeley every other year or so. Love me some Colorado.
First person to ever say "I wouldn't mind going to Greeley".

CO is gorgeous.

Greeley is....not

Grizalltheway
November 13th, 2014, 10:34 AM

Colorado is nice, Greeley is...well, Greeley.

BisonFan02
November 13th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Youngstown and NDSU.....MACtion baby! xlolx

bodoyle
November 13th, 2014, 10:49 AM
How about swap 2 schools?

Bye bye CSU and Monmouth.
Hello SC State and Furman?

walliver
November 13th, 2014, 10:58 AM
1) UNC-G - although to be honest, I keep forgetting they are in the conference

2) Chattown - we can keep the Mocs though.

UNIFanSince1983
November 13th, 2014, 11:07 AM
First person to ever say "I wouldn't mind going to Greeley".

CO is gorgeous.

Greeley is....not

Wait you don't like crime and gang activity?

Clearly I had never been to Greeley or even heard about it when I made this comment. To say the least I think I would just go to the game in Greeley. Maybe stay in Fort Collins and get some New Belgium brews.

TheEagleSHSU
November 13th, 2014, 11:11 AM
SHSU

Bahahahaha, Big Sky is ready to get rid of the Kats. We have been a nice thorn in the side of the Big Sky the last few years not including 2014 loss to EWU.

- - - Updated - - -

SLC - Get rid of Nicholls St., HBU, and Incarnate Word!

I cheated and took 3 out since we rushed 3 in.

Panther-State
November 13th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Yeah, it's an outdated map that doesn't have USD on it. ;)

Too bad it can't be an "updated" map.

South Dakota is my pick and Southern Illinois is the other because I'm ****ing tired of losing to them. Let someone else deal with their crap. Plus Carbondale sucks.

MR. CHICKEN
November 13th, 2014, 11:13 AM
URI and Elon. Combined record of 1-19, and absolutely killing the CAA SOS.

20027....DUDE...WHAA GIVE UP DUH COOKIES??.........TWO W'S IN DUH BOOKS...B/4 PIGGY IS TEED UP.......WHO CARES 'BOUT SOS.....UNLESS IT'S ON TOAST??....GET YER 8 W'S...NOW OWN-LAH NEED SIX.....(ALL-DOUGH ELON @ SOME POINT....COOD GET COMPETITIVE)...YER ALREADY LOSIN' ON DUH FBS SCRIMMAGE.......AN' DEPENDIN' ON HOW SUICIDAL YER AD IS.....MORE!.....YEAH GO SKED SOME PLAY-OFF PERENNIALS.....COMBINED WHIFF BRUTAL CAA SQWADS MOST YEARS.......YOU'LL BE BAGGIN' DUKIE LOGS...FO'-EVERAH..........C'MON MAN!........AWK!

nodak651
November 13th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Southern Utah and Sac.

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Wait you don't like crime and gang activity?

Clearly I had never been to Greeley or even heard about it when I made this comment. To say the least I think I would just go to the game in Greeley. Maybe stay in Fort Collins and get some New Belgium brews.

I've been. It wasn't bad at all. Also a quick drive to a lot of other places.

PAllen
November 13th, 2014, 12:20 PM

They are a heck of a lot closer to the Ohio River Valley than the Missouri river Valley. Then again, looking at that map, the MVFC should change their name to the Mississippi Valley FC.

IBleedYellow
November 13th, 2014, 12:22 PM
They are a heck of a lot closer to the Ohio River Valley than the Missouri river Valley. Then again, looking at that map, the MVFC should change their name to the Mississippi Valley FC.

I've actually thought about that before, as well.

Bison56
November 13th, 2014, 12:24 PM
SHSU

You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

JMU2004
November 13th, 2014, 12:29 PM
20027....DUDE...WHAA GIVE UP DUH COOKIES??.........TWO W'S IN DUH BOOKS...B/4 PIGGY IS TEED UP.......WHO CARES 'BOUT SOS.....UNLESS IT'S ON TOAST??....GET YER 8 W'S...NOW OWN-LAH NEED SIX.....(ALL-DOUGH ELON @ SOME POINT....COOD GET COMPETITIVE)...YER ALREADY LOSIN' ON DUH FBS SCRIMMAGE.......AN' DEPENDIN' ON HOW SUICIDAL YER AD IS.....MORE!.....YEAH GO SKED SOME PLAY-OFF PERENNIALS.....COMBINED WHIFF BRUTAL CAA SQWADS MOST YEARS.......YOU'LL BE BAGGIN' DUKIE LOGS...FO'-EVERAH..........C'MON MAN!........AWK!

Many cookies out there that can win more than 1 game b/t them.

SIUSalukiFan
November 13th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Too bad it can't be an "updated" map.

South Dakota is my pick and Southern Illinois is the other because I'm ****ing tired of losing to them. Let someone else deal with their crap. Plus Carbondale sucks.

Carbondale certainly doesn't compare to the cultural mecca of Cedar Falls. xlolx

No offense to Youngstown State folks but how about we trade the Penguins to the Ohio Valley for Eastern Illinois?

Go Green
November 13th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Columbia and Cornell.

Pick up Army and Georgetown.

Bisonator
November 13th, 2014, 12:37 PM

Either way MVFC works.

If I had to choose 2 I'd probably say YSU and ISUb for no reason other then they are the farthest east. I think the conference is great the way it is except for the lack of a RR format. I'm surprised no one has said NDSU yet.

dbackjon
November 13th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Youngstown.

It's the only one I can't drive to easily. After this weekend, they and WIll will be the only two I haven't been to.

Pfft - what's 13 hours? And you call yourself a fan... :)

Macomb - garden spot of the MVFC. Don't miss it!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Pfft - what's 13 hours? And you call yourself a fan... :)

Macomb - garden spot of the MVFC. Don't miss it!

No worse than Terre Haute. Just want to get to all the stadiums in the MVFC for better or worse.

Sader87
November 13th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Lafayette and Lehigh.....xrotatehx

I kid....football-wise, the PL is a good league. Not too many teams which allows for good OOC sked, relatively decent travel, good competition within the league for the most paht etc etc

GTown has to figure out what it wants to be.

Grizzlies82
November 13th, 2014, 01:55 PM

With an unbiased eye looking at this map, your No Dakota State appears to be as much the outlier as Youngstown. NDSU is closer to a single opponent (So Dakota St) than YSU is to its nearest (Ind St). However Youngstown appears closer to most of the remaining conference opponents than Fargo is.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2014, 01:57 PM
With an unbiased eye looking at this map, your No Dakota State appears to be as much the outlier as Youngstown. NDSU is closer to a single opponent (So Dakota St) than YSU is to its nearest (Ind St). However Youngstown appears closer to most of the remaining conference opponents than Fargo is.

Youngstown to Terre Haute is 422 Miles. Fargo to Brookings is 190 miles.

Besides....value.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Both are roughly 600 miles to Macomb

FargoBison
November 13th, 2014, 02:07 PM
I don't think the MVFC needs to get rid of anyone but if I was going for weakness I would pick USD and Indiana State. Both need to fix their stadiums...WIU isn't far behind them in that category as well.

veinup
November 13th, 2014, 02:18 PM
anyone getting mushy for their conference mates at this point is a *****.

The Cats
November 13th, 2014, 02:22 PM
I think the SoCon already did that. Take your pick of any two...

ASU
Charleston
Davidson
Elon
Georgia State

VUCats02
November 13th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Rhode Island, Rhode Island, Rhode Island, and Rhode Island.

Walkon79
November 13th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Portland State, but from what we're hearing, this might take care of itself.

smilo
November 13th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Since SOS apparently means nothing

William & Mary to PL
James Madison to C-USA

Elon never really belonged so they can go back to the SoCon too.

Tealblood
November 13th, 2014, 04:06 PM
this happened for Big South last year

got rid of VMI

REALBird
November 13th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Get rid of Southern Illinois.....because any decent Redbird fan would say it (even if they didn't mean it!)

Seriously, jettison Western Illinois and South Dakota and add Central Arkansas and Eastern Illinois. We're not afraid of competition, lets make the MVFC Better!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Pretty easy for the Valley: Youngstown

Bring in UND, Eastern Ill and another team to make 12 then make two divisions.

or

YSU leaves and keep the league at 9 teams and have a true round robin.

Catamount87
November 13th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Since SOS apparently means nothing

William & Mary to PL
James Madison to C-USA

Sorry, all sales final. You're stuck with Ellen, I mean Elon.

TheRevSFA
November 13th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Nicholls HBU UIW

MartletCat
November 13th, 2014, 04:22 PM
I'd like it if SoCon dropped UNCG.
A solid good riddance to Elon and Davidson for jumping ship at the last minute, when the whole conference knew far in advance that App State and Georgia Southern were moving up.
It would be nice to bring in Coastal Carolina.
There were talks for a good while about Kennesaw State being brought in, but that always seemed like some wishful thinking.

ace93
November 13th, 2014, 04:24 PM
I don't play this game b/c when you ask our other conference this question, we are always the answer.

TheEagleSHSU
November 13th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Nicholls HBU UIW

I think everyone is on the same page in the SLC with this!

McNeese75
November 13th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Nicholls HBU UIW

Kinda my thoughts as well (expecially after the Kickergate BS going on at UIW)

citdog
November 13th, 2014, 06:07 PM
We already got rid of 'em

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2014, 06:29 PM

Really? No comment on VMI?

Red & Black
November 13th, 2014, 06:34 PM
UN_ and UNC.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

citdog
November 13th, 2014, 06:39 PM

We WELCOME The Institute back to where they should be.

They did beat furman......

furman sucks

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Lehigh... because they are WAY to good for the Patriot and even the FCS. They belong as an FBS independent, challenging Notre Dame and having their own TV network contract. In fact, any year Lehigh is not in the playoff shows how ignorant and corrupt the selection committee is, and how the it's a down year for all of college football.

And Holy Cross... Because they shoulda been in the Big East to begin with.

DFW HOYA
November 13th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Syracuse and Pitt.

(Wait, ESPN already took care of that...)

kdinva
November 13th, 2014, 07:24 PM

we are back where we should have always been......

The Cats
November 13th, 2014, 08:10 PM

Nope, you wanted them, you got them.... for keeps.

They burned all the bridges that would lead back to the SoCon.

Twentysix
November 13th, 2014, 08:17 PM

Kick YSU and North Dakota State, and that is a pretty nice conference foot print. xrotatehx

Go...gate
November 13th, 2014, 08:35 PM
All-Sports: Loyola (MD). Unless they have some aggressive plans to upgrade their academic profiile, they never should have been admitted.

Football: none, though Georgetown's situation is worrisome.

Go...gate
November 13th, 2014, 08:41 PM
Columbia and Cornell.

Pick up Army and Georgetown.

Very intriguing....

Go...gate
November 13th, 2014, 08:43 PM

:):D

Sycamore62
November 13th, 2014, 08:45 PM
I'd dump enough teams to get the minimum needed for an AQ. Otherwise kicking each others ass for no extra bids is wasting our time

F'N Hawks
November 13th, 2014, 08:51 PM
UN_ and UNC.
Unfortunately, the Big Sky presidents wouldn't agree with this. Or at least the first one.

My pick would be PSU and SUU.

skinny_uncle
November 13th, 2014, 08:56 PM

I'll bet they feel the same way about you.

dgtw
November 13th, 2014, 09:10 PM
For the OVC, I'd first kick out the non-football schools and Pioneer League member Morehead State. Then I'd force Tennessee State to play a full schedule every year or tell them to hit the road as well.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 13th, 2014, 09:26 PM
I'd like to see Youngstown State in the CAA because it would open the door for the 'Guins to schedule the PA Patriot League schools. A Bucknell-YSU game should have happened years ago. The two schools are only about 3 hours apart. I did Kent State as a day trip from Eastern PA to see Temple play out there. YSU is even closer....:)

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2014, 09:41 PM
I'll bet they feel the same way about you.

Gotta have someone holding the conference up, you know?

Red & Black
November 13th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Unfortunately, the Big Sky presidents wouldn't agree with this. Or at least the first one.

My pick would be PSU and SUU.

UND is a good addition as far as an institution. Geographically, you are a much better fit in the MVFC/Summit with the other Dakotas.

But if we lose anyone in the short-term, it'll be PSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BucBisonAtLarge
November 13th, 2014, 10:40 PM
I'd like to see Youngstown State in the CAA because it would open the door for the 'Guins to schedule the PA Patriot League schools. A Bucknell-YSU game should have happened years ago. The two schools are only about 3 hours apart. I did Kent State as a day trip from Eastern PA to see Temple play out there. YSU is even closer....:)

+1

In the last few years YSU has played the other FCS schools in Western PA: RMU, Duquesne and St. Francis. Bucknell is the next furthest FCS school. YSU to the CAA? closer to Maine than the MVFC schools in Missouri, Iowa and the Dakotas, and in the other direction, is closer to Elon than any other MVFC school west of Terre Haute. Most CAA schools are much closer.

mainejeff
November 13th, 2014, 10:44 PM
URI & Elon. I'm still not sure why URI still has a football program.

dudeitsaid
November 13th, 2014, 11:09 PM
UM...via the NCAA death penalty! :D Just kidding...maybe.

I would only leave off UNC, who never seem to be able to find a way to be competitive. UND has struggled as well, and presents some challenges, but I think if they had not had the injury bug this year, they would have been much stronger.

clawman
November 13th, 2014, 11:18 PM
North Dakota. Travel is a bitch for the rest of the Big Sky teams and they should be in the MVFC anyway.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 13th, 2014, 11:21 PM
North Dakota. Travel is a bitch for the rest of the Big Sky teams and they should be in the MVFC anyway.

Do teams fly directly into Grand Forks or do they land in Fargo and bus to UND?

mgbison
November 13th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Fargo is farther away on a map, but easier to get to than most cities in the MVFC. Teams can fly directly into Hector International and its a mile bus ride to the Fargodome and probably a 3 mile ride to downtown. SDSU and USD for example, teams probably fly into Sioux Falls and then have to bus it roughly an hour to get to both institutions. I'm fairly certain NDSU stays in Sioux Falls for both those games due to the poor accommodations in Brookings and Vermillion.

Kemo
November 13th, 2014, 11:22 PM
I need to add a step to make this work...

Step 1: Invite UND to MVFC.

Step 2: Kick UND and USD out of the MVFC and tell them to petition the NSIC for admittance.

FargoBison
November 13th, 2014, 11:28 PM
Do teams fly directly into Grand Forks or do they land in Fargo and bus to UND?

From what I gather most if not all fly into Fargo if they are going commercial.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 13th, 2014, 11:35 PM
From what I gather most if not all fly into Fargo if they are going commercial.

That's why I figured. I could only imagine the Sac State bball team trekking up I29 in the middle of January....fun...xrotatehx

IBleedYellow
November 14th, 2014, 05:28 AM

Step 2: Kick UND and USD out of the MVFC and tell them to petition the NSIC for admittance.
Hahahahahahaha.

Okay, I like your plan much better. Guin bros, you can stay.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

Hood
November 14th, 2014, 08:33 AM
- - - Updated - - -

SLC - Get rid of Nicholls St., HBU, and Incarnate Word!

I cheated and took 3 out since we rushed 3 in.

Nicholls HBU UIW

At least Nicholls is a state, public university and a traditional member of the SLC. That said, on the field performance the last few years has led to the ease in mentioning them. A lot of that has to do with the fraud we had coaching them. We will be back being competitive soon.

I'd boot out HBU and UIW just to throw out two names, I wish no ill will to either fan base.

BEAR
November 14th, 2014, 09:47 AM
I'd say UIW and HBU.

Nicholls and ACU are fine.

And of course no offense to the fan bases of UIW an HBU. But even so, will they ever be competitive in football in the SLC? No idea.

Thumper 76
November 14th, 2014, 09:52 AM

I like the way you think. Best idea on this whole thread.

wapiti
November 14th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Youngstown should go to the CAA.
Then UND to the MVFC
Then Idaho and New Mexico State join the Big Sky.
Then the Big Sky split into 2 conferences. (Restart the Great West)

Sycamore62
November 14th, 2014, 10:19 AM
I say dump Ysu and all the Dakotas and have 6 teams for no other reason than why have more than needed to get a playoff spot. BUT

i think a better idea would be to add EIU and SEMO and not play as many teams counting as conference games.

I cant cant see why either team would want to join though

Grizalltheway
November 14th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Then UND to the MVFC

I like this idea. I like it a lot.

kdinva
November 14th, 2014, 10:22 AM
......Idaho and New Mexico State join the Big Sky.

now that makes sense....xnodx

that'll make two conferences with seven teams each.....even conf. scheduling (3 H and 3 A), and opportunities to keep "rivals" as OOC games......

GoAgs72
November 14th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Then UND to the MVFC

Best idea yet.

Catamount87
November 14th, 2014, 10:41 AM
I'd like it if SoCon dropped UNCG.
A solid good riddance to Elon and Davidson for jumping ship at the last minute, when the whole conference knew far in advance that App State and Georgia Southern were moving up.
It would be nice to bring in Coastal Carolina.
There were talks for a good while about Kennesaw State being brought in, but that always seemed like some wishful thinking.

From what I was told by someone closely involved, Kennesaw State was never going to happen because they supposedly have higher aspirations and would view the SoCon only as a stepping stone. Coastal won't happen because perceptions around academics, especially from the private schools.

ysubigred
November 14th, 2014, 10:49 AM

I like it xthumbsupx

If I was selfish YSU would move to the OVC or MAC... Almost every away game is a home game for me LOL!! I love the MVFC competition and strength but man the travel costs/time is killer for YSU.

LeeshaJo
November 14th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Fargo is farther away on a map, but easier to get to than most cities in the MVFC. Teams can fly directly into Hector International and its a mile bus ride to the Fargodome and probably a 3 mile ride to downtown. SDSU and USD for example, teams probably fly into Sioux Falls and then have to bus it roughly an hour to get to both institutions. I'm fairly certain NDSU stays in Sioux Falls for both those games due to the poor accommodations in Brookings and Vermillion.

This is such bs about Brookings. Have you been there lately? There are like five new hotels in the last 10 years. (Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn, a new Super 8) Vermillion now, that is no joke. We were talking last night because SD HS football championships are going on in Verm right now and there are hold your breath... 200 total hotel rooms in the town.

Twentysix
November 14th, 2014, 11:34 AM
I would remove NDSU and SDSU and place them in the Mountain West. xcoolx (This is my lakes emoticon)

IBleedYellow
November 14th, 2014, 11:37 AM
This is such bs about Brookings. Have you been there lately? There are like five new hotels in the last 10 years. (Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn, a new Super 8) Vermillion now, that is no joke. We were talking last night because SD HS football championships are going on in Verm right now and there are hold your breath... 200 total hotel rooms in the town.

I know that Brookings has improved, but I do know that we end up staying NOT in Brookings for away games. I don't remember where, but it's not Brookings.

toobahcowboy
November 14th, 2014, 11:38 AM

Beat me to it.

Bisonator
November 14th, 2014, 12:44 PM
I would remove NDSU and SDSU and place them in the Mountain West or the MAC. Maction baby let's pump this **** up! xcoolx (This is my lakes emoticon)

FIFYxlolx

Sycamore62
November 14th, 2014, 01:10 PM
I know that Brookings has improved, but I do know that we end up staying NOT in Brookings for away games. I don't remember where, but it's not Brookings.

I know larger programs often don't stay in the home team's city before games.

MartletCat
November 14th, 2014, 02:49 PM
From what I was told by someone closely involved, Kennesaw State was never going to happen because they supposedly have higher aspirations and would view the SoCon only as a stepping stone. Coastal won't happen because perceptions around academics, especially from the private schools.

Agreed. This had been mentioned to me as well, and in part due to their academic merger and total enrollment. Either way, I'd love to see us play both institutions in the next few years time.

I-AA Fan
November 14th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Just a few things. Clearly I am the old man of the board, so some history:

1. Eastern Illinois was already in the MVFC (then Gateway); in fact, they were a charter member. They left and joined the OVC so they could be in an all-sports conference that included football. Back then, the OVC would not allow non-football members.

2. GA State has plans much, much, much bigger than I-AA/FCS.

3. As to JMU to C-USA ...lol!. A better traditional A-10/CAA performer has yet to be able to compete in the MAC ...let alone CUSA. I might remind you how powerful Marshall was in I-AA, then they dominated the MAC. When they finally made C-USA (ignoring this year) they have been an embarrassment. I doubt JMU would be any better ...probably much worse without doing time in the MAC.

4. YSU has 32 DI colleges closer to it than the closest conference team. Not all of those play football; most of them do. YSU was already in the OVC. YSU was already in the Summit/mid-con. YSU also played football as an independent. The 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1994 teams made the I-AA championship game as an independent. The 1996 and 1999 YSU teams made the I-AA championship game as a member of the Gateway (now MVFC). In 1979 YSU also made the championship game (Damn Hens!) as a member of the old summit league ...then the mid-con ...back when they had football. It was a DII conference ...still considered so in most sports xpeacex.

I never much cared for the MVFC. YSU's old rivalry with WIU and UNI were too old to be rekindled in the minds of the Penguin fans-base. YSU's traditional rivals are Akron, Kent State, Morehead and Middle Tennessee. Another issue that impacts YSU is local conferences. The big conferences in NE Ohio are IA (FBS) and D-III, while the big conference is WPa is D-II. Duquesne and RMU are the only I-AA/FCS schools within an hour or so and neither is full-scholarship.

MarkCCU
November 14th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Sorry, but the Big South can't afford to lose any! So I'll cheat and pick a non-football school -- Longwood, since they are in the fewest sports. I know, pretty lame answer...

EDIT: Or maybe the answer is that we already did. So long, VMI. Good luck in the SoCon.

This. I was so happy to "lose" VMI to the SoCon.

dbackjon
November 14th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Portland State, but from what we're hearing, this might take care of itself.

??

Walkon79
November 14th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Then UND to the MVFC

Winner!!!

Walkon79
November 14th, 2014, 05:31 PM
??

Funding for football has been a discussion topic at PSU for awhile now.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Winner!!!

Well there are are mostly winners in that scenario outside of the MVFC.

TTUEagles
November 14th, 2014, 07:00 PM
For the OVC, I'd first kick out the non-football schools and Pioneer League member Morehead State. Then I'd force Tennessee State to play a full schedule every year or tell them to hit the road as well.

What he said ^^^^

skinny_uncle
November 14th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Creighton.

Wait......

Never mind.

:D

clenz
November 14th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Creighton.

Wait......

Never mind.

:D

xlolx

xbawlingx

tjamz
November 16th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Speak for yourself.

CockyGeek
November 16th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Austin Peay and Tennessee Tech. Just a waste of schedule.

dgtw
November 16th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Austin Peay and Tennessee Tech. Just a waste of schedule.

Tech won the conference a couple years ago. Someone has to be a bottom feeder, but dropping them and adding UNA would be fine with me.

kittiekop
November 16th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Funding for football has been a discussion topic at PSU for awhile now.

Rumor had it football had to self-sustaining at some set point, and with an announced attendance at a recent game of 900+ that ain't gonna happen.

SCPALADIN
November 16th, 2014, 10:57 AM

^^Ditto.

woffordgrad94
November 17th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Davidson and College of Charleston...wait, they are already gone! Hooray!

right now, I'd say just UNC Greensboro since they are the only non-football school

MR. CHICKEN
November 20th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Many cookies out there that can win more than 1 game b/t them.

20100.....YA'LL...CAIN'T BEAT DUH HENS......WOODN'T OPT......FO'......FIG BARS.....WHEN YA'S HAVE UH HARD TIME...WHIFF.....SMORES.....AWK!