PDA

View Full Version : BORN POWER INDEX -FCS RANKINGS

Gangtackle11
November 13th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Born Power Index has a 80% prediction rate according to website: http://www.bornpowerindex.com

Classification Search Results for College FootballSearch Again (http://www.bornpowerindex.com/M_COL_FB_CLASS.shtml)

School
Rating
Class Name

NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Championship Subdivision

NORTHERN IOWA
Championship Subdivision

ILLINOIS STATE
Championship Subdivision

JACKSONVILLE STATE
Championship Subdivision

SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Championship Subdivision

NEW HAMPSHIRE
Championship Subdivision

CHATTANOOGA-TENNESSEE
Championship Subdivision

EASTERN WASHINGTON
Championship Subdivision

SO. EAST LOUISIANA
Championship Subdivision

EASTERN ILLINOIS
Championship Subdivision

SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
Championship Subdivision

VILLANOVA
Championship Subdivision

IDAHO STATE
Championship Subdivision

YOUNGSTOWN STATE
Championship Subdivision

CAL-POLY (SAN LOUIS OBISPO)
Championship Subdivision

COASTAL CAROLINA
Championship Subdivision

WESTERN ILLINOIS
Championship Subdivision

MISSOURI STATE
Championship Subdivision

SAM HOUSTON
Championship Subdivision

FORDHAM
Championship Subdivision

Food for critical conversation. Have at it if you wish!

tomq04
November 13th, 2014, 10:18 AM
where do these things come from?

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Looking this over, I couldn't make mathematical (statistical) sense of what was listed. Does this give us predictive analyses? I'm very surprised at how high EIU (10th?) is in this model. That seems "off".

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 13th, 2014, 10:24 AM
So if I'm reading this right, if Villanova played Fordham they'd win by four points. Or, if UNI played NDSU they'd lose by 1....correct?

Gangtackle11
November 13th, 2014, 10:44 AM
It is a point spread predictor, but his claim to being correct (80%) is based on picking the winner not the score.

I used it for our local HS teams for the past few weeks (site has nj/pa HS rankings) and it was 35-5 picking the winner.

Not saying it is worth a hill of beans, but thought it was interesting enough to throw out there.

clenz
November 13th, 2014, 10:53 AM
It is a point spread predictor, but his claim to being correct (80%) is based on picking the winner not the score.

I used it for our local HS teams for the past few weeks (site has nj/pa HS rankings) and it was 35-5 picking the winner.

Not saying it is worth a hill of beans, but thought it was interesting enough to throw out there.
80% is respectable.

The top 25 game I run on AGS averages 70-74% correct in any given week. Only once this season has the average been 80 or higher

Vooter
November 13th, 2014, 11:16 AM
So if I'm reading this right, if Villanova played Fordham they'd win by four points.

Or 44...same thing...

Cocky
November 13th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Looking this over, I couldn't make mathematical (statistical) sense of what was listed. Does this give us predictive analyses? I'm very surprised at how high EIU (10th?) is in this model. That seems "off".
Their worse loss is EKU and playing very well right now

cpalum
November 13th, 2014, 01:49 PM
"Cal-Poly San Loius Obispo".....is it that tough? We have to have the most frequently misspelled, screwed up name in FCS

Cal Poly....see how easy that was

jmufan999
November 13th, 2014, 02:05 PM
"Cal-Poly San Loius Obispo".....is it that tough? We have to have the most frequently misspelled, screwed up name in FCS

"Towson State" has to be up there

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Born Power Index has a 80% prediction rate according to website: http://www.bornpowerindex.com

Classification Search Results for College FootballSearch Again (http://www.bornpowerindex.com/M_COL_FB_CLASS.shtml)

School
Rating
Class Name

NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Championship Subdivision

NORTHERN IOWA
Championship Subdivision

ILLINOIS STATE
Championship Subdivision

JACKSONVILLE STATE
Championship Subdivision

SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Championship Subdivision

NEW HAMPSHIRE
Championship Subdivision

CHATTANOOGA-TENNESSEE
Championship Subdivision

EASTERN WASHINGTON
Championship Subdivision

SO. EAST LOUISIANA
Championship Subdivision

EASTERN ILLINOIS
Championship Subdivision

SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
Championship Subdivision

VILLANOVA
Championship Subdivision

IDAHO STATE
Championship Subdivision

YOUNGSTOWN STATE
Championship Subdivision

CAL-POLY (SAN LOUIS OBISPO)
Championship Subdivision

COASTAL CAROLINA
Championship Subdivision

WESTERN ILLINOIS
Championship Subdivision

MISSOURI STATE
Championship Subdivision

SAM HOUSTON
Championship Subdivision

FORDHAM
Championship Subdivision

Food for critical conversation. Have at it if you wish!

#2 Seed UNI! xlolx

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Their worse loss is EKU and playing very well right now

In OVC play. Their games vs the MVFC weren't close. IL St (34-15) and SIU 38-21, both L's. The EIU Panthers are already at 5 losses, and now play Jax St. This bubble team fan is praying that the 'Cocks pound the Panthers, and eliminate ANY EIU consideration for play-offs.

citdog
November 13th, 2014, 06:09 PM

It's THE Citadel

underdawg
November 13th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Any points given or home team? Other wise with a -6.8 for the Panthers, I and my fellow Saluki fans might as well not go to the game

Cocky
November 13th, 2014, 08:36 PM
In OVC play. Their games vs the MVFC weren't close. IL St (34-15) and SIU 38-21, both L's. The EIU Panthers are already at 5 losses, and now play Jax St. This bubble team fan is praying that the 'Cocks pound the Panthers, and eliminate ANY EIU consideration for play-offs.

SIU game was close till the end of 3. The ISUr was close into the 3rd plus EIU had 5 TOs in the game. EIU had more offensive yards than both ISUr and SIU.

I was meaning EKU is the worse team they have loss to. But it is close between them and SIU.

EIU and UNI have several similarities.

chattownmocs
November 13th, 2014, 08:39 PM
What the hell is chattanooga-tennessee? Is that like the university of chattanooga at tennessee or something? I'd prefer chatty to that garbage. Jason bourne is a dilweed and needs to stick to being the ultimate BA and leave this stuff to others.

GoAgs72
November 13th, 2014, 08:42 PM

Cal Poly is easy. UC Davis is easy. Cal Davis is wrong. Not in the rankings by any means but still wrong.

Houndawg
November 13th, 2014, 09:42 PM
SIU game was close till the end of 3. The ISUr was close into the 3rd plus EIU had 5 TOs in the game. EIU had more offensive yards than both ISUr and SIU.

I was meaning EKU is the worse team they have loss to. But it is close between them and SIU.

EIU and UNI have several similarities.

If they played, EIU would need to call Child Protective Services to stop the abuse.xcoffeex

Panther-State
November 13th, 2014, 11:24 PM

I didn't realize that the OVC only played 3 quarter games. Can't believe ISU and SIU would pull the wool over their eyes like that.

And how dirty of the RedBirds to take the ball away from the Panthers 5 times. Those dirty cheaters...

Loyl2u
November 14th, 2014, 02:54 AM
That is the scheduling dilemma. Some teams don't want to be penalized for not playing ranked opponent. In reverse, I'm sure EIU(Massey #148) would like to not be penalized for playing FBS P5 7-2 Minnesota(Massey # 41), FBS 5-5 Ohio(Massey# 129), FCS gpi #3 8-1 ISUr(Massey#59) and FCS gpi #18 5-4 SIU(Massey # 129). EIU's worst loss is to Massey # 159 EKU at EKU in OT.

Not really sure watching a couple of EIU games that they are playing better now, just not playing the level of competition in conference that they faced in OOC this season. My guess is that JSU wins without much problem, but if EIU pulls upset in JSU, not sure OVC should be sending at-larges ahead of any 7 win MVC team. Good luck to the Panthers!

Cocky
November 14th, 2014, 07:10 AM
If they played, EIU would need to call Child Protective Services to stop the abuse.xcoffeex
Guess you are right looking at the schedules. UNI played some really bad teams during their OOC part of the schedule while EIU played a tough OOC schedule.
After the way UNI abuse the national power Hawaii and SDSU child services should already be aware of their actions.

clenz
November 14th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Guess you are right looking at the schedules. UNI played some really bad teams during their OOC part of the schedule while EIU played a tough OOC schedule.
After the way UNI abuse the national power Hawaii and SDSU child services should already be aware of their actions.
SDSU would win the OVC.

UNI did abuse the ever loving **** out of ISUr and NDSU....

Cocky
November 14th, 2014, 08:25 AM
SDSU would win the OVC.

UNI did abuse the ever loving **** out of ISUr and NDSU....

the bad thing about this is I really believe you believe this.

You can't even give a MVC team a compliment without you guys getting upset.

clenz
November 14th, 2014, 08:28 AM
the bad thing about this is I really believe you believe this.

You can't even give a MVC team a compliment without you guys getting upset.You didn't compliment anyone in the MVFC.

The OVC is dog **** and will be exposed in the playoffs, yet again.

I mean EIU is in line to win the damn conference. EIU.......the same SIU that lost to the 2 MVFC teams on their schedule by an average of 36-18

Cocky
November 14th, 2014, 10:37 AM
You didn't compliment anyone in the MVFC.

The OVC is dog **** and will be exposed in the playoffs, yet again.

I mean EIU is in line to win the damn conference. EIU.......the same SIU that lost to the 2 MVFC teams on their schedule by an average of 36-18

I did post that EIUs worse loss was to EKU, which mean I think SIU and ISUr are better than EKU. Hard to understand how that isnt a compliment. Avg loss by EIU to MVC teams 18 while the number 2 team in the nation just loss by 20 to a MVC team. So I guess your saying NDSU is dog**** too?