PDA

View Full Version : 11/15: NDSU @ Missouri State

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2014, 06:29 AM
Big test for the Bison on Saturday. Can they put their first loss in 34 games behind them and come out and defeat a team that usually gives them some trouble?

It sounds like the coaches and players are saying the right things throughout the week in interviews that have been given. The Bison are also wearing their home green jerseys for this game....I think MSU is wearing their white jerseys. The weather forecast so far indicates that it might be cold and windy with a 80% chance of snow. Conditions like that should make the running game more important.

Hopefully the Bison O-line will run block better. MSU runs a 3-4 but they are no where near the caliber of the UNI D-line. The O-line needs to cut down on the mistakes, esp the holding calls. Hopefully this does not turn into a sloppy mess with the weather conditions but whatever happens with the weather, the Bison need to come out focused and take care of business.

Wonder if the coaches will rotate Crockett/Frazier more in this game?

The defense needs to play gap sound and contain Harris to keep him in the pocket and not let him run free.

D-line needs to get pressure on Harris and make him mistake prone. I think with the speed at LBer for the Bison they will be fine with containing him. Plus the corners need to continue to play well. Entz (DC) likes to blitz more compared to years past...it seems like, so they need to be at their best. Weather conditions might have a significant role in the passing game.

I think the Bison come out and take care of business on Saturday. Jump on them early and do not let them back in the game.

Bison win 35-9

Bisonator
November 13th, 2014, 08:30 AM
I think the Bison will bounce back. MSU's run defense doesn't appear to be their strong suit. Should be a good game to get the running game back on track. For whatever reason though they just seem to struggle down there. It'll probably be closer then we would like but a win's a win and in the Valley you take them however you can get them. 24-10 Bison!

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2014, 08:49 AM
It's tough to say for sure how this team will respond because they've never came off a beatdown like this in their college careers. I think with all the veterans on defense that they will come out with a fury but I'm nothing more than cautiously optimistic about the offense, in particular the O-line. I'd hope that both they and Polasek learned some lessons from last week and can improve this week. I think the Bison will win but I don't have much of an inkling on what the margin will be. It'll be interesting to find out.

tnbison
November 13th, 2014, 08:57 AM
There's a 40% chance of snow so Mo St opts for the white jerseys to give them any camouflage advantage possible; it doesn't work, Bison 31 Mo St 10

IBleedYellow
November 13th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Time to see what NDSU is made of this year.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Time to see what NDSU is made of this year.

To me this is a lot like SIU.

WIU really freaked me out but SIU made me a believer. I'll be freezing my ass off in the stands, hopefully it's a fun game.

IBleedYellow
November 13th, 2014, 10:09 AM
To me this is a lot like SIU.

WIU really freaked me out but SIU made me a believer. I'll be freezing my ass off in the stands, hopefully it's a fun game.

I hope we come out as a very pissed off thundering herd that's ready to trample anyone in front of us for the next 10+ games.

Lehigh'98
November 13th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Say Mo St. wins this game, 21-10 in an upset. Where does this leave NDSU for a seed?

IBleedYellow
November 13th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Say Mo St. wins this game, 21-10 in an upset. Where does this leave NDSU for a seed?

Not a Top 2 seed. Which means good things for the rest of the FCS for a Title.

UNH72Plus
November 13th, 2014, 10:26 AM
This looks like the classic trap game. Missouri State, the under achiever, playing at home in less than ideal weather conditions against the three time national champs. If MSU could play a full 60 minutes they would be in the post season hunt. They lost to YSU by 14, gave up two TDs to SDSU in the 4th quarter to lose by 4 points, swapped field goals with Indiana State in the last minute to lose by 2, and gave up a TD with 2:32 remaining and lost to Southern Illinois by 10. They also gave a decent Oklahoma State team a pretty good game. Of course I'm still picking NDSU to win, but who knows?

IBleedYellow
November 13th, 2014, 10:29 AM
This looks like the classic trap game. Missouri State, the under achiever, playing at home in less than ideal weather conditions against the three time national champs. If MSU could play a full 60 minutes they would be in the post season hunt. They lost to YSU by 14, gave up two TDs to SDSU in the 4th quarter to lose by 4 points, swapped field goals with Indiana State in the last minute to lose by 2, and gave up a TD with 2:32 remaining and lost to Southern Illinois by 10. They also gave a decent Oklahoma State team a pretty good game. Of course I'm still picking NDSU to win, but who knows?

Trap games rarely happen after a team gets crushed the week before and is as determined as ever to never let that happen again.

Lehigh'98
November 13th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Trap games rarely happen after a team gets crushed the week before and is as determined as ever to never let that happen again.

+1, this wouldn't be a trap game loss. This would be straight up concerning if they lost after the wake up call they got.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2014, 10:29 AM
I must be a fair weather fan......not going to the game....

Safe travels to all heading down to Springfield.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2014, 10:34 AM
I must be a fair weather fan......not going to the game....

Safe travels to all heading down to Springfield.

That is a long ass way for you, don't blame ya.

bisonboone11
November 14th, 2014, 10:51 AM
It's tough to say for sure how this team will respond because they've never came off a beatdown like this in their college careers. I think with all the veterans on defense that they will come out with a fury but I'm nothing more than cautiously optimistic about the offense, in particular the O-line. I'd hope that both they and Polasek learned some lessons from last week and can improve this week. I think the Bison will win but I don't have much of an inkling on what the margin will be. It'll be interesting to find out.
That's for sure. Unless I missed something, that was the biggest margin in a loss for NDSU since 2005.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2014, 08:10 PM
That is a long ass way for you, don't blame ya.

I suppose I could have sucked it up and made the trip...xthumbsupx

840 miles

Bisonwinagn
November 14th, 2014, 10:05 PM
+1, this wouldn't be a trap game loss. This would be straight up concerning if they lost after the wake up call they got.

This...but even if they win 17-14 I would take it.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 15th, 2014, 06:10 AM
I suppose I could have sucked it up and made the trip...xthumbsupx

840 miles

Its short for me but I've gone soft, it may be to cold for me today

MR. CHICKEN
November 15th, 2014, 07:18 AM

20039....NORFFERN IOWAH.....MO' LIKE-LEE.......TA GET TRAPPED BAH...DUH EGYPTIANS......BEEN UH HEADY WEEK....IN CEDAR TOWN......LAUGHIN' AN' UH CHUCKLIN'.....FEELIN' LITTLE TOO GOOD...'BOUT DEMSELVES........PERFECT STORM...FO' STAYIN' HOME FO' THANX-GIVIN'.........xnodx...BROCK!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Earlier in the week I predicted a 35-9 win and I still think the Bison will win it today. Game time looks to be mid 30s and the wind 10 mph and the chance of snow decreases in the afternoon.

Hopefully we Bison fans see a determined team that has cut out the costly penalties and takes care of a team that they should beat.

GO BISON

TennBison
November 15th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Weather for any game never bothers me, especially this time of year when people worry about temps and wind. Hell the Bison practice outside in the bad weather, 95% or more of our roster grew up in winter weather. Our guys live and play/practice in the land of cold,wind, and ice.

Herder
November 15th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Cold weather and snow is not a negative for NDSU, are you kidding me? Check the temperatures in Fargo, 30 is a nice warmup from the recent temps. Over here is MSP, it will be 18 deg and flurries for MN OSU.

30 and snow is perfect for 21 point win by the bison with the 2nd half ground game rolling.

skinny_uncle
November 15th, 2014, 09:16 AM
20039....NORFFERN IOWAH.....MO' LIKE-LEE.......TA GET TRAPPED BAH...DUH EGYPTIANS......BEEN UH HEADY WEEK....IN CEDAR TOWN......LAUGHIN' AN' UH CHUCKLIN'.....FEELIN' LITTLE TOO GOOD...'BOUT DEMSELVES........PERFECT STORM...FO' STAYIN' HOME FO' THANX-GIVIN'.........xnodx...BROCK!

I like what he said (I think).

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Cold weather and snow is not a negative for NDSU, are you kidding me? Check the temperatures in Fargo, 30 is a nice warmup from the recent temps. Over here is MSP, it will be 18 deg and flurries for MN OSU.

30 and snow is perfect for 21 point win by the bison with the 2nd half ground game rolling.

Interesting. Who on here ever said the weather is a negative for NDSU?

Sycamore62
November 15th, 2014, 09:54 AM
If its near the same temp here in charleston, I don't think it will be too bad for the players as long as its not windy. Its not that cold after you get moving. It sucks for fans though.

TennBison
November 15th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Interesting. Who on here ever said the weather is a negative for NDSU?

No one that I am aware of. But there have been people who claim that the Bison have trouble with outside games because we play in the dome, and to those people I refer back to the fact that practices are outside in Fargo.

Sycamore62
November 15th, 2014, 10:38 AM
No one that I am aware of. But there have been people who claim that the Bison have trouble with outside games because we play in the dome, and to those people I refer back to the fact that practices are outside in Fargo.

If they have trouble with outside games, I would attribute that to being road games which is a pretty big disadvantage in college football

Old Cat Fan
November 15th, 2014, 12:50 PM
What time is kickoff for this game ?

FargoBison
November 15th, 2014, 12:51 PM
What time is kickoff for this game ?

2:30 central

Old Cat Fan
November 15th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Thanks

Bisonwinagn
November 15th, 2014, 01:38 PM
2:30 central

Why does it say 2 everywhere?

FargoBison
November 15th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Why does it say 2 everywhere?

Oops it is at 2 p.m.

2 weeks on the road....guess I am missing that 2:30 kick off in the dome.