PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to play New Hampshire?

UNHFan99
November 11th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Looks like UNH has got its groove back. Big win against Rhodie 62 to 21. As long as they pull a win out against a tough Maine team they are in the playoffs. Somebody is gonna be really upset on selection sunday when they realize they are hosting the wildcats. I dont know why but i think UNH if they win they are gonna end up at Youngstown.

umassfan
November 11th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Looks like UNH has got its groove back. Big win against Rhodie 62 to 21. As long as they pull a win out against a tough Maine team they are in the playoffs. Somebody is gonna be really upset on selection sunday when they realize they are hosting the wildcats. I dont know why but i think UNH if they win they are gonna end up at Youngstown.
I would love to see UNH at Youngstown.

BigApp
November 11th, 2006, 02:10 PM
where does the line begin??:cool:

TexasTerror
November 11th, 2006, 02:11 PM
First things first...

UNH needs to take care of business before we talk about UNH and playoffs in the same sentence...

Hansel
November 11th, 2006, 02:12 PM
anybody with a defense

bandl
November 11th, 2006, 02:17 PM
JMU would LOVE to play UNH again. Maybe UNH could upgrade their game from the peewee level to high school level.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 11th, 2006, 02:24 PM
UNH needs to survive Maine or they are out of the playoffs. If they do win, I think they are going to be a serious NC contender.

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Unforunately I could see UNH at YSU.

UNHWildCats
November 11th, 2006, 02:30 PM
i dunno. I think YSU if they win out could end up with a seed, and I dont see UNH being lined up against one of the 4 seeds in the first round.

If we place the top 16 teams from the GPI in that order for playoffs right now UNH would host UNI, that would be a great rematch.

UMass922
November 11th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Unfortunately for UNH they wouldn't be facing teams like Rhode Island in the playoffs. I'd like to see the Wildcats do well, but I don't think they have a deep playoff run in them.

UNHFan99
November 11th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Agreed UNH needs to take care of business before we get carried away. My point was if and when they make it they are still a very scary team. UNH did not play well against JMU, Umass, and Northeastern, but they were the #1 team in the country for a while and I think they got their swagger back. Trust me they arent scared to play JMU again or anybody for that matter. Thats the only thing you can guarantee from a UNH team that they will not be intimidated on the road.

UNHFan99
November 11th, 2006, 02:34 PM
We went to Georgia Southern when we were 5th in the country and they were the 4 seed? I could see something like that happening again for television purposes.

UNHWildCats
November 11th, 2006, 02:37 PM
yea but totally different scenrios between that year and this year. UNH was and comming team. You gotta think the NCAA is gonna wanna try to showcase Santos and Ball for atleast 2 games and with that in mind its not out of the question to see UNH get a home game in the 1st round if they beat Maine and playing on the road at one of the 4 seeds I think is very unlikely.

MaineFan
November 11th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Maine will be anxious to play UNH im sure.

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Hopefully Maine doesn't play like they did today if they want to win.

UNHFan99
November 11th, 2006, 02:50 PM
I dont see them at home in the first round but if they win they will be there for the second. Lets beat Maine first. The NCAA has openly stated in the past to Marty Scarano that they are not thrilled about our facility and basically said they will avoid it if they can. I would love to have a first round playoff game but I have a feeling they will be looking for a chance to put a first round game on TV that they know will be good and showcase 1-AA very well. Thats why im thinking of a game like UNH - Youngstown. We got to beat Maine though. Im hoping the weather is decent like last time we were there.

umassfan
November 11th, 2006, 02:54 PM
They didnt play that bad. UMass has a great D as does Maine.

UNHWildCats
November 11th, 2006, 02:57 PM
I dont see them at home in the first round but if they win they will be there for the second. Lets beat Maine first. The NCAA has openly stated in the past to Marty Scarano that they are not thrilled about our facility and basically said they will avoid it if they can. I would love to have a first round playoff game but I have a feeling they will be looking for a chance to put a first round game on TV that they know will be good and showcase 1-AA very well. Thats why im thinking of a game like UNH - Youngstown. We got to beat Maine though. Im hoping the weather is decent like last time we were there.

First If they dont give them a 1st round game I dont see them giving them a 2nd round game.

Second yea we gotta beat Maine first but your the one who staretd the thread. :p

UNHFan99
November 11th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Im nervous about the Maine game because you have a very good 4 loss team in Maine versus a team that has alot to lose. Plus these teams hate each other. UNH has played spoiler to Maine in the past and Maine has done likewise. Its gonna be a great game.I think coach Mac has the train running again like a well oiled machine though and UNH is back on track.

UNHFan99
November 11th, 2006, 03:00 PM
I started the thread because when UNH makes the playoffs they are gonna be the scariest team on the road. If we beat a team with a high ranking or even a seed in the first round i think we will be hosting second round. Thats the rumor around the administration at the field house. Nooone knows for sure obviouslly though and I will be the first to tell you I cant read UNH's future.

UNH_ORACLE
November 11th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I think Maine wants to Play UNH.

GreatAppSt
November 11th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Too quote myself from two phone calls I made with BigApp while at the UD-UNH game this season. During first series by UNH "These guys are big I don't think we want to play these guys". 5 minutes to the half I called back "B.A. I've changed my mind we really want to play these guys!!":nod: :nod:

BTW like BigApp posted earlier where does the line start!:D

mainejeff
November 11th, 2006, 07:17 PM

The defense or the offense?

mainejeff
November 11th, 2006, 07:18 PM
If you could cobble together a team using UNH's offense and Maine's defense......they would win the National Championship.

umassfan
November 11th, 2006, 07:33 PM
If you could cobble together a team using UNH's offense and Maine's defense......they would win the National Championship.
I think that D and O would be scary in I-A never mind win the NC.

FlyYtown
November 11th, 2006, 08:03 PM
i dunno. I think YSU if they win out could end up with a seed, and I dont see UNH being lined up against one of the 4 seeds in the first round.

If we place the top 16 teams from the GPI in that order for playoffs right now UNH would host UNI, that would be a great rematch.

YSU with a 9-2 record and the autobid of the Gateway has likely earned a seed.. Since next week is their bye!

I see YSU playing UT-Martin/Lehigh in the first round..

Sam Adams
November 11th, 2006, 08:15 PM
UNH will be hard pressed to beat Maine. That will be a very competative game. If UNH wins, they will likely get a bid and be a very tough team to deal with. They have only lost in the A10. Whomever they play has to be ready for 60 minutes of football.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2006, 08:19 PM
UNH will be hard pressed to beat Maine. That will be a very competative game. If UNH wins, they will likely get a bid and be a very tough team to deal with. They have only lost in the A10. Whomever they play has to be ready for 60 minutes of football.

UNH-Maine and JMU-Towson will both have major playoff implications. Those games could very well decide what happens to the PL rep. If it's Lafayette i think it's close to a lock they're going to Umass. I think Lehigh could end up somewhere else depending on what happens.

umassfan
November 11th, 2006, 08:20 PM
UNH-Maine and JMU-Towson will both have major playoff implications. Those games could very well decide what happens to the PL rep. If it's Lafayette i think it's close to a lock they're going to Umass. I think Lehigh could end up somewhere else depending on what happens.

You hope Lehigh doesnt end up in Amherst.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2006, 08:25 PM
You hope Lehigh doesnt end up in Amherst.

I don't really care personally. When they were sitting at 2-4 the playoffs seemed like a distant dream and they will be still if they lose to Lafayette. If they end up in Amherst i don't think many people will be complaining. With that said should they beat Lafayette next week its' obvious to want the best matchup to allow them advance, Umass is probably not that team right now. What is right now, Lafayette.

grizbeer
November 11th, 2006, 08:25 PM
I would love to see UNH in Missoula for another Friday night quarterfinal game. 1 of the greatest Griz games I have seen, and I would love to see Santos and Ball together.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 11th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Real tough loss for JMU today, but with a win next week against Towson, I would think JMU would host a first round playoff game.

Go Dukes

UNH 40
November 11th, 2006, 11:00 PM
JMU would LOVE to play UNH again. Maybe UNH could upgrade their game from the peewee level to high school level.

How did JMU do today....... Open mouth insert foot.xlolx