PDA

View Full Version : Latest on CS Going 12 Games

TexasTerror
November 11th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Never saw this posted, but this is from the NCAA news where the FCS members on the Div I Board of Directors declined to reconsider their decision on adding a 12th game. That decision will hit the floor in January when the FCS membership convenes in Orlando...

We'll see what happens with the 12th game debate, but it'll be interesting to see what occurs when the full membership of FCS discusses playing 12...

Presidents to let Convention decide FCS 12th game debate
November 06, 2006
By Michelle Brutlag Hosick
The NCAA News

Football Championship Subdivision members of the Division I Board of Directors declined to reconsider their decision to defeat a proposal to allow a 12th regular-season game for that subdivision at the Board’s October 26 meeting in Indianapolis.

The proposal, No. 05-128, will now be considered by the FCS membership at the January Convention in Orlando.

A majority of the Board members representing the FCS defeated the proposal in April, but enough institutions requested an override for those members to reconsider the measure. The proposal was submitted a year after the Board approved a 12th game for teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/!ut/p/kcxml/04_Sj9SPykssy0xPLMnMz0vM0Y_QjzKLN4g3NPUESYGYxqb6kW hCjhgihqYeCDFfj_zcVKBMpDlQwCgkWD8qJzU9MblSP1jfWz9A vyA3NDSiPN8RANQz8cc!/delta/base64xml/L3dJdyEvd0ZNQUFzQUsvNElVRS82XzBfMTVL?WCM_GLOBAL_CO NTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/NCAA/NCAA+News/NCAA+News+Online/2006/Division+I/Presidents+to+let+Convention+decide+FCS+12th+game+ debate+-+11-6-06+NCAA+News

Live4Griz
November 11th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Hopefully they will reverse that decision. I'd rather a 12th game as opposed to a bye week!!

GO GRIZ!!

BigApp
November 11th, 2006, 12:24 PM
I can't see it happening, unless they alter the playoff schedule

November 11th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Please no FCS
that's Fox College Sports

CS!

Besides, Steinbrecher was on I-AA WAVES two weeks ago and told us this bit (he wrote the legis)

TexasTerror
November 11th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Hopefully they will reverse that decision. I'd rather a 12th game as opposed to a bye week!!

I only hope this extra game means more attractive FCS matchups instead of FCS vs FBS matchups...

FBS matchups really killed off quite a few teams, conferences from being able to compete with the rest of the nation this past year. It would not be good if two and three games against FBS squads became regular for the I-AA elite...

TexasTerror
November 11th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Please no FCS
that's Fox College Sports

CS!

Hey now, this is your NCAA talking...they keep going with Football Championship Subdivision and Football Bowl Subdivision...

I like CS and BS as well, but that's what they're throwing out there...

November 11th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Hey now, this is your NCAA talking...they keep going with Football Championship Subdivision and Football Bowl Subdivision...

I like CS and BS as well, but that's what they're throwing out there...They also had I-AA Football but we just called it I-AA.

TexasTerror
November 11th, 2006, 12:29 PM
They also had I-AA Football but we just called it I-AA.

Has the NCAA put out a press release regarding how they want folks to refer to the name change, similar to the mish-mosh the NCAA tried getting out there about the roman numerals with the nomenclature of the Divisions?

November 11th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Has the NCAA put out a press release regarding how they want folks to refer to the name change, similar to the mish-mosh the NCAA tried getting out there about the roman numerals with the nomenclature of the Divisions?Leech was on WAVES saying FCS was the internal name the NCAA would use in the recordbooks etc. but everyone I asked (including him) liked CS.