PDA

View Full Version : SIU's Coach Dale Lennon Blasts Media Poll For MVFC Disrespect After NDSU Loss

underdawg
November 11th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Arch enemy of the NDSU Bison SIU head coach Dale Lennon on Mike Reis Sound Cloud audio of Lennon's radio show blasted the polls and especially the media poll for dropping the Bison so far after their loss to UNI--and that UNI didn't get much of a bump too---I couldn't get the link to work, but thought it was very interesting that a guy who frankly does not like the Bison (because of his UND history) was so upset.

Lennon also says that if MVFC doesn't get 5 in the Play-offs it would be a travesty.

mmiller_34
November 11th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Link not working for me

underdawg
November 11th, 2014, 10:12 AM
http://soundcloud.com/mikereis-siu

THIS ONE WORKS!

The critique of the polls starts at about 11 minutes in on the tape

Sycamore62
November 11th, 2014, 10:14 AM
does anyone (im sure some NDSU fan does) remember what happened in 2012 when they lost?

Imo, with powerhouses in all levels of sports, when these teams lose, a lot of people hit them harder than they should because they want them to not be as good as they are.

Wallace
November 11th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Imo, with powerhouses in all levels of sports, when these teams lose, a lot of people hit them harder than they should because they want them to not be as good as they are.
good post

UNH Fanboi
November 11th, 2014, 10:19 AM
The persecution complex that some MVFC folks have is pretty pathetic.

And when they do get 5 teams in, they will whine about how the committee didn't spread out the MVFC teams through the bracket. Forget the fact that regionalization has been in effect for over a decade and has routinely resulted in conference rematches for other conferences. The committee is out to get the MVFC.

Sycamore62
November 11th, 2014, 10:22 AM
does anyone (im sure some NDSU fan does) remember what happened in 2012 when they lost?

I include myself in this, not necessarily about NDSU but definitely Alabama and USC.

Maybe I just get tired of hearing how great someone is and they will be the best forever

stevdock
November 11th, 2014, 10:24 AM

In the media poll we dropped to #4 after the ISU-B loss. Crazy thing about that week was that #1, 2, 3, and 5 all lost for the first time that year. So you had about 10 teams that were either undefeated or 1 loss after that week's games. We fell behind EWU, James Madison and Georgia Southern that year.

Wallace
November 11th, 2014, 10:25 AM
The persecution complex that some MVFC folks have is pretty pathetic.get over it CAA fan, the MVSC is the best this year - god, it wasn't long ago that it was the CAA's etc. turn and the MVFC was pretty Wofforded last year

stevdock
November 11th, 2014, 10:26 AM
The persecution complex that some MVFC folks have is pretty pathetic.

It's the exact same argument that the CAA threw around not too long ago. Difference is our league is small enough where you can't avoid other top-caliber teams in your conference.

Cleets
November 11th, 2014, 10:37 AM
The real question is:
Will all the right teams make the playoffs..?

Rankings and whatnot are basically window dressing

Wallace
November 11th, 2014, 10:48 AM
The real question is:
Yes, the committee seems to have a different agenda

UNH Fanboi
November 11th, 2014, 10:59 AM
get over it CAA fan, the MVSC is the best this year - god, it wasn't long ago that it was the CAA's etc. turn and the MVFC was pretty Wofforded last year

When did I say the MVFC was not the best? I've said many times that the MVFC is they best conference. I've also said NDSU still deserves to be #1. You're insecurity/defensiveness is only proving my point.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2014, 11:15 AM
It's the exact same argument that the CAA threw around not too long ago. Difference is our league is small enough where you can't avoid other top-caliber teams in your conference.

NDSU not playing ISUr is no different than UNH not playing Villanova.....

gotts
November 11th, 2014, 11:21 AM
I hope Patty V is taking notes from the Stache on how to go to bat for the conference...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2014, 11:22 AM
The real question is:

As long as they get the top 10 or so right I'm happy. I'm more interested to see pairings/"draws" then who the last 3-4 at large teams are...

ISUr-NDSU and a UNH-'Nova pre-Frisco matchup at some point would be sweet too....

Wallace
November 11th, 2014, 11:26 AM
When did I say the MVFC was not the best? I've said many times that the MVFC is they best conference. I've also said NDSU still deserves to be #1. You're insecurity/defensiveness is only proving my point.

persecution complex that some MVFC folks have is pretty pathetic.
And when they do get 5 teams in, they will whine about how the committee didn't spread out the MVFC teams through the bracket. Forget the fact that regionalization has been in effect for over a decade and has routinely resulted in conference rematches for other conferences. The committee is out to get the MVFC.You seem to like pointing out your perceived notions of others. Are you a psych major?

Sycamore62
November 11th, 2014, 11:28 AM
As long as they get the top 10 or so right I'm happy. I'm more interested to see pairings/"draws" then who the last 3-4 at large teams are...

ISUr-NDSU and a UNH-'Nova pre-Frisco matchup at some point would be sweet too....

Agree with this, I'm most interested in who can win it all.
And also if ISUb is 8-4 we get in but I'm completely biased.
Im not interested in who else can get to the round of 8

Wallace
November 11th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Agree with this, I'm most interested in who can win it all. And also if INS is 8-4 we get in but I'm completely biased. I'm not interested in who else can get to the round of 8
good post, take care of the business in front of you.

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2014, 11:32 AM
20023....DUH POLL SHOOD NOT...BE JUDGED BAH HISTORY...DUH BISONSSS....HAVE THREE YEARS O' BLING.....WE GET IT!........ANY-OTHERAH TEAM....WHOM...HUNG ON DUH TOP SPOT......FO' AS LONG AS N.D. STATE HAS....DIS SEASON......WOOD BE OUSTED..&....DROPPED ACCORDIN'-LAH....IN UH SECOND....WHEN BEIN' THOROUGHLAH BEATEN BAH #20......C'MON MAN!.......xrolleyesx...BRAWK!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2014, 11:34 AM
The fenciest of the MVFC teams are ISUb and YSU. NDSU, ISUr, UNI and I think SDkST are in. I think 5 teams get in, unless Western Illinois helps out the rest of the at-large teams.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/11/picking-fcs-playoff-bracket-11112014.html

Wallace
November 11th, 2014, 11:35 AM
BARACK!

THOROUGHLAH BEATEN BAH #8......C'MON MAN!.......xrolleyesx...BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2014, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=Wallace;2176804]BARACK![/QUOTE

20024....PLEASE REFER...TA AGS POLL WEEK 10........AN'......YES.....EVEN LOSIN' TA #8.........THUD...GO DUH BISONSSSSSSS......xnodx....AWK!

Wallace
November 11th, 2014, 11:48 AM
THUD...GO DUH BISONSSSSSSS......xnodx....AWK! Yeah they lost. You seem pretty excited about it for a Delaware fan.

bisonboone11
November 11th, 2014, 11:50 AM
The fenciest of the MVFC teams are ISUb and YSU. NDSU, ISUr, UNI and I think SDkST are in. I think 5 teams get in, unless Western Illinois helps out the rest of the at-large teams.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/11/picking-fcs-playoff-bracket-11112014.html
I'd say UNI is on the fence too. I think they have to win out, which means winning a game at SIU. I think someone said they haven't done that since 1996, and they have only beaten SIU once in the last 6 years.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2014, 11:56 AM
I'd say UNI is on the fence too. I think they have to win out, which means winning a game at SIU. I think someone said they haven't done that since 1996, and they have only beaten SIU once in the last 6 years.
They absolutely have to win out. No way they'd get in with 5 losses.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Arch enemy of the NDSU Bison SIU head coach Dale Lennon on Mike Reis Sound Cloud audio of Lennon's radio show blasted the polls and especially the media poll for dropping the Bison so far after their loss to UNI--and that UNI didn't get much of a bump too---I couldn't get the link to work, but thought it was very interesting that a guy who frankly does not like the Bison (because of his UND history) was so upset.

Lennon also says that if MVFC doesn't get 5 in the Play-offs it would be a travesty.

Lennon does not have hatred for the Bison. He didn't like the old Bison coach Rocky Hager. He has been very complimentary of the Bison the last few years.

skinny_uncle
November 11th, 2014, 12:00 PM
http://soundcloud.com/mikereis-siu

THIS ONE WORKS!

The critique of the polls starts at about 11 minutes in on the tape

It sounds like Dale is about as impressed with the media poll and coaches poll as most posters on this site. He points out that most of the voters in those polls know only their own conference. I think I've heard that here.

Wallace
November 11th, 2014, 12:00 PM
which means winning a game at SIU
I have seen many of these games and there is something about that field at SIU that the Panthers can't often overcome.

Panther-State
November 11th, 2014, 12:01 PM

Both of these are correct. 7-5 will not be good enough. Not even for an MVFC or CAA team. No one should get in with only 7 D-I wins with a 12-game schedule. Still can't believe Furman of all teams was the one who did last year.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2014, 12:02 PM

I very much disagree, with 7 D-I wins and wins over ISUr and NDSU. Obvs if they lose both they're out. No D-II games, either.

Panther-State
Probably the toxic air. It's gotta be like trying to play at mile high stadium or something.

skinny_uncle
I have seen many of these games and there is something about that field at SIU that the Panthers can't overcome.

When the Salukis built a new stadium a few years ago, it didn't seem to change anything. You can't blame the field.

Bison Fan in NW MN

Agree.

SIU would love to be the spoiler for UNI.

JMUNJ08
November 11th, 2014, 12:12 PM
I very much disagree, with 7 D-I wins and wins over ISUr and NDSU. Obvs if they lose both they're out. No D-II games, either.

They would need a TON of help at 7-5. 2 games do not make for an entire season. They would be 5-3 in conference with several other teams, playing the same games, at 8-4...not to mention other power conference teams with 8+ D-1 wins as well...

IBleedYellow
November 11th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Agree.

SIU would love to be the spoiler for UNI.

SIU gets to have a chance of being a big spoiler for the MVFC this year. UNI and ISUr need to play good games.

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Yeah they lost. You seem pretty excited about it for a Delaware fan.

20025....JES' GIVIN' DUH REASON WHAAA....DUH SKANDIES...TOOK DUH NES-TEA PLUNGE RALPHIE........AN' AH'M NOT ALONE....'CAUSE DEY CRASHED EVERAH-WHERE ELSE......AN' YEAH.....AFTERAH 3+ YEARS...UH GREEN /YELLAH......HIJACKED THREADS...AN' CHEST THUMPIN'.....OH AN'...AH'M TICKLED BLUE 'N GOLD......:p...BRAWK!

Grizzlies82
November 11th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Arch enemy of the NDSU Bison SIU head coach Dale Lennon on Mike Reis Sound Cloud audio of Lennon's radio show blasted the polls and especially the media poll for dropping the Bison so far after their loss to UNI--and that UNI didn't get much of a bump too---I couldn't get the link to work, but thought it was very interesting that a guy who frankly does not like the Bison (because of his UND history) was so upset. Lennon also says that if MVFC doesn't get 5 in the Play-offs it would be a travesty.

"Blast the polls for dropping the Bison so far". No NDSU hasn't collapsed, but they did get spanked hard and lost a game. Consequently they dropped to #4. That is what happens when you lose. It if not as if they fell from #1 to #14. Much ado about nothing here. I'd think the coach would have more important things on his mind than whining about what was a pretty ordinary outcome when a team loses.

Hammerhead
November 11th, 2014, 01:13 PM
I can see why some people dropped NDSU so far since we lost by 20 points. :(

WestCoastAggie
November 11th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Someone from the MEAC needs to blast the Media poll for not voting A&T into the top 25.

Panther-State
November 11th, 2014, 01:35 PM
They would need a TON of help at 7-5. 2 games do not make for an entire season. They would be 5-3 in conference with several other teams, playing the same games, at 8-4...not to mention other power conference teams with 8+ D-1 wins as well...

I definitely agree with the first part. 7-5 and they are out. There will definitely be teams at 7-5 that are better than some of the 8, 9 or even 10+ win teams that make the field, but they had enough chances to prove that point during those 12 games.

But at 8-4 UNI and any other MVFC team is a shoe in for an at-large, certainly before any 8-4 team from another conference. You guys can spin it however you want but the MVFC is the best league and teams like South Dakota and WIU who might combine for 1-2 conference wins would probably be .500 in a majority of other conferences. The CAA is the only other league that's close, and there are a handful of other teams who could certainly compete for an MVFC title. But top to bottom it's hardly even a debate. Our worst team beat the possible Big Sky champion. Not sure how else you could describe that.

...I really hope I didn't just open a can of worms.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 11th, 2014, 03:02 PM
I can see why some people dropped NDSU so far since we lost by 20 points. :(

Thing is I can see it either way pretty easily. No big arguments to convince me why some did and others did not. It all seems passable to me....within limits on the floor that is. I couldn't understand NDSU being dropped out of the top 5.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Thing is I can see it either way pretty easily. No big arguments to convince me why some did and others did not. It all seems passable to me....within limits on the floor that is. I couldn't understand NDSU being dropped out of the top 5.

I can't say the loss didn't affect my thinking but I was going to try to stop slotting, which I have lazily done for a few weeks, this poll anyway. I had McNeese too high, wasn't ranking NAU or Bethune Cookman and wasn't giving Chatty much credit.

All this because I arbitrarily put people up and down based on a win and loss. I basically redid my whole poll and couldn't find a better resume than NDSU so they stayed on top.

IaaScribe
November 11th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Alabama A&M, Elon, Chowan, Howard, Hampton, Delaware State, Florida A&M, Morgan State. That's who North Carolina A&T has beaten. Being 8-2 doesn't automatically get you in.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2014, 03:10 PM
In this bizzaro-world of the MVFC, NDSU isn't supposed to drop from the No. 1 spot when they lose to UNI, yet UNI HAS to win out, because even with a WIN OVER A TEAM THAT HASN'T LOST IN MORE THAN TWO YEARS AND WAS THE NO. 1 TEAM IN THE NATION AND AS IT STANDS IS STILL NO. 3 it's not enough because they have a 7-5 record.

Yeah, that makes sense. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 11th, 2014, 03:10 PM
I can't say the loss didn't affect my thinking but I was going to try to stop slotting, which I have lazily done for a few weeks, this poll anyway. I had McNeese too high, wasn't ranking NAU or Bethune Cookman and wasn't giving Chatty much credit.

All this because I arbitrarily put people up and down based on a win and loss. I basically redid my whole poll and couldn't find a better resume than NDSU so they stayed on top.

You have to admit the timing is convenient but if it comes out right in your mind and you stick with a philosophy like that going forward then all I got to say is good job.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 11th, 2014, 03:16 PM
In this bizzaro-world of the MVFC, NDSU isn't supposed to drop from the No. 1 spot when they lose to UNI, yet UNI HAS to win out, because even with a WIN OVER A TEAM THAT HASN'T LOST IN MORE THAN TWO YEARS AND WAS THE NO. 1 TEAM IN THE NATION AND AS IT STANDS IS STILL NO. 3 it's not enough because they have a 7-5 record.

I think you are mixing arguments from several different sources here to come up with your statement so it doesn't hold too much water.

UNI is on certain days a great team. They don't have enough of those days so they may miss the playoffs to be sure if they stumble again.

They almost always have those great days when they play NDSU.

I don't know why that wouldn't make sense to ya but I can sure see it. I did drop NDSU to #2 but I don't know after the fact if I should have because the thing to me was a toss up and now I'm not sure if I did it because I truly think UNH is the top team because I think I'd lay money on NDSU...but don't know for sure.

I don't see how anybody can act like it's all black & white and they have the f'n answer.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2014, 03:22 PM

Well you've been putting UNH at the top despite losing to a FBS team that lost to the FBS team NDSU beat at the beginning of the season so not sure you count any more than I do.

If you ask me how NDSU would do against UNH this year I would honestly tell you that they would murder them pretty much the same way as last time.

Panther-State
November 11th, 2014, 03:35 PM

Probably has something to do with the fact that we know the selection committee doesn't actually take the best teams regardless of record. The record matters. As it should. But 2-2 against the Top 25 is certainly better than being 0-0 against them in my mind, and I wish the committee used that kind of logic but we all know it's about the record and very little else.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2014, 03:38 PM
I think you are mixing arguments from several different sources here to come up with your statement so it doesn't hold too much water.

UNI is on certain days a great team. They don't have enough of those days so they may miss the playoffs to be sure if they stumble again.

They almost always have those great days when they play NDSU.

I don't know why that wouldn't make sense to ya but I can sure see it. I did drop NDSU to #2 but I don't know after the fact if I should have because the thing to me was a toss up and now I'm not sure if I did it because I truly think UNH is the top team because I think I'd lay money on NDSU...but don't know for sure.

I don't see how anybody can act like it's all black & white and they have the f'n answer.

So the committee is going to say "well, that game against the MVFC champion and No. 1/2/3 team in the nation doesn't count because they're only a great team on certain days?"

I'm pointing out the inconsistency that you're not supposed to drop NDSU in your polls/predictions for the playoffs because of resume, but you are supposed to ignore resume when it comes to UNI, for some reason.

Is there any doubt that UNI's 7-5 resume is better than most teams? Two FBS losses, two Top 5 FCS wins.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 11th, 2014, 03:48 PM
So the committee is going to say "well, that game against the MVFC champion and No. 1/2/3 team in the nation doesn't count because they're only a great team on certain days?"

I'm pointing out the inconsistency that you're not supposed to drop NDSU in your polls/predictions for the playoffs because of resume, but you are supposed to ignore resume when it comes to UNI, for some reason.

Is there any doubt that UNI's 7-5 resume is better than most teams? Two FBS losses, two Top 5 FCS wins.

See what I mean here? You are trying to go all black & white with things here and I'm not sure it works. I don't think either thing you said here with respect to either team is what the committee would do or what most voters have done.

Now some of the MVFC guys and the incessant whining...yeah, I get that.

Thumper 76
November 11th, 2014, 03:59 PM
So I see nobody is tired of the MVFC vs the world arguements yet...

penguinpower
November 11th, 2014, 04:11 PM
If you don't think the mvfc has the best football teamseason this year then you are are clueless. Dale is dead onow with his remarks. Deal with it

Bison56
November 11th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Someone from the MEAC needs to blast the Media poll for not voting A&T into the top 25.

Why??

KPSUL
November 11th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Spoken like a want-a-be coach on an also ran team about to lose his last two games of a season that will end on November 23d.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 11th, 2014, 04:34 PM
If you don't think the mvfc has the best football teamseason this year then you are are clueless. Dale is dead onow with his remarks. Deal with it

If you deal with it we'll all be happy to deal with that.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 11th, 2014, 04:37 PM
BTW, almost everybody I've seen post on this matter agrees the MVFC is top dog. That ain't the problem. It's tough to look at a top dog when it's eyes are full of tears all the time.

BisonFan02
November 11th, 2014, 04:49 PM
BTW, almost everybody I've seen post on this matter agrees the MVFC is top dog. That ain't the problem. It's tough to look at a top dog when it's eyes are full of tears all the time.

Better than the trail of tears coming from fans of the CAA and BSC...or is that hostile and abusive? :D xlolx

ValleyTalk
November 11th, 2014, 05:05 PM

Ahh yes, leave YSU out despite the fact they beat SDSU.

After this week, we will get a great idea of how many the MVFC should conceivably get. INSU, SIU, and WIU could kill the hopes of YSU, UNI, and SDSU respectively.

SIUSalukiFan
November 11th, 2014, 05:14 PM
I have seen many of these games and there is something about that field at SIU that the Panthers can't often overcome.

UNI has only played on the new one twice. Everything before 2010 was at McAndrew Stadium.

Panther-State
November 11th, 2014, 05:26 PM
UNI has only played on the new one twice. Everything before 2010 was at McAndrew Stadium.

Well you a**holes used the same damn dirt or something! We can't do s*** in Carbondale

Sycamore62
November 11th, 2014, 06:02 PM

I hated the old turf at Mac...I missed a tackle(as usual) after an int and slid on my stomach with my facemask plowing sand up into my eyes.

......back in my day

dudeitsaid
November 11th, 2014, 06:25 PM
20023....DUH POLL SHOOD NOT...BE JUDGED BAH HISTORY...DUH BISONSSS....HAVE THREE YEARS O' BLING.....WE GET IT!........ANY-OTHERAH TEAM....WHOM...HUNG ON DUH TOP SPOT......FO' AS LONG AS N.D. STATE HAS....DIS SEASON......WOOD BE OUSTED..&....DROPPED ACCORDIN'-LAH....IN UH SECOND....WHEN BEIN' THOROUGHLAH BEATEN BAH #20......C'MON MAN!.......xrolleyesx...BRAWK!

As funny as this is to read...it's pretty spot on. Good point.

Sycamore62
November 11th, 2014, 06:57 PM
If the MVFC all get beat often and early it's gonna be a very very long 8 months

Thumper 76
November 11th, 2014, 07:13 PM
If the MVFC all get beat often and early it's gonna be a very very long 8 months

That's why I'm keepin my mouth shut xlolx

Houndawg
November 11th, 2014, 08:59 PM

The fenciest MVC team is SIU...

skinny_uncle
November 11th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Fenciest needs to be added to Webster's dictionary. I like it.

Sycamore62
November 11th, 2014, 09:30 PM
The fenciest MVC team is SIU...
Some of our fences are very tall with razor wire on them. And also very old

Houndawg
November 11th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Ahh yes, leave YSU out despite the fact they beat SDSU.

After this week, we will get a great idea of how many the MVFC should conceivably get. INSU, SIU, and WIU could kill the hopes of YSU, UNI, and SDSU respectively.

If this were to happen, and it isn't that wildly improbable, you'd have ISU(7-4),UNI(6-5),SIU(7-4), and YSU(7-4) at 4-3 in conference play. SDSU and UNI would be out, YSU would have to beat NDSU in the final week to get in, Trees would be looking good and a lock with a win over WIU in the final week. SIU would be 6-4 in FCS and need to beat the 'turds in Normal to keep their hopes alive. If SDSU wins there would be five at be 4-3/7-4 with the jacks needing only to beat the yotes in the last week to finish 7-4 in FCS play.

With UNI out and YSU probably out by virtue of finishing with NDSU, the Trees would be the odds on third MVC team. The fourth team would be very interesting if the Jacks and Dawgs manage to win out, which is much more likely for the Jacks than the Dawgs, to both finish 8-4 with a non-counter and a 7-5 UNI team. In this scenario UNI, who beat the top two teams in the MVC, would be out on head to head with both teams. SDSU and SIU would both be 7-4 FCS and did not play each other.

underdawg
November 11th, 2014, 10:18 PM
This is making my head hurt--too bad the committee just doesn't line up the top rated non-automatics by their stupid rating system and make the cut no matter how many wins they have.

Sycamore62
November 11th, 2014, 10:31 PM
If this were to happen, and it isn't that wildly improbable, you'd have ISU(7-4),UNI(6-5),SIU(7-4), and YSU(7-4) at 4-3 in conference play. SDSU and UNI would be out, YSU would have to beat NDSU in the final week to get in, Trees would be looking good and a lock with a win over WIU in the final week. SIU would be 6-4 in FCS and need to beat the 'turds in Normal to keep their hopes alive. If SDSU wins there would be five at be 4-3/7-4 with the jacks needing only to beat the yotes in the last week to finish 7-4 in FCS play.

With UNI out and YSU probably out by virtue of finishing with NDSU, the Trees would be the odds on third MVC team. The fourth team would be very interesting if the Jacks and Dawgs manage to win out, which is much more likely for the Jacks than the Dawgs, to both finish 8-4 with a non-counter and a 7-5 UNI team. In this scenario UNI, who beat the top two teams in the MVC, would be out on head to head with both teams. SDSU and SIU would both be 7-4 FCS and did not play each other.

I haven't looked but I assume the MVFC only forum is everygivensaturday

IBleedYellow
November 12th, 2014, 06:58 AM

Holy crap my head hurts thinking about the possibilities here. I just want to see NDSU win out and then allow the chips to fall out from there. I don't really care which teams from the Valley get in, I believe they all will put up a good showing.

KPSUL
November 12th, 2014, 01:59 PM
It sounds like Dale is about as impressed with the media poll and coaches poll as most posters on this site. He points out that most of the voters in those polls know only their own conference. I think I've heard that here.

Who does he expect to vote in a FCS poll, the Nationally focused FCS press corps? The one that doesn't exist? Bottom line, he seems to have rather pointless, pre-occupation with polls for a head football coach about to play the two toughest opponents on his schedule. Perhaps he should watch this press conference and learn how to focus at this point in the season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVh9qVsdCxQ

KPSUL
November 12th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Who does he expect to vote in a FCS poll, the Nationally focused FCS press corps? The one that doesn't exist? Bottom line, he seems to have rather pointless, pre-occupation with polls for a head football coach about to play the two toughest opponents on his schedule. Perhaps he should watch this press conference and learn how to focus at this point in the season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVh9qVsdCxQ

Poll talk starts at about 10:20