3pm 5-4 Monmouth @ 10-0 Coastal

3:30pm 7-3 Charleston Southern @ 7-3 Liberty

Previews later.

MarkCCU
November 10th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Presbyterian @ Gardner Webb

Monmouth @ Coastal

Charleston Southern @ Liberty

I can't believe i'm doing this, but I'm picking Presbyterian to win. They're the WCU of the Big South. They are coming out of nowhere, taking names and doing well. Gardner-Webb has looked sad the last 2 games. I watched the GW/CCU game and there were mistakes left and right (on both sides of the ball, however).

Coastal and Liberty will win. I'm hoping both of us do very well against our match ups, it'll help in the final selection.

CasualFan
November 10th, 2014, 11:02 AM
12noon 5-5 Presbyterian @4-6 Gardner Webb -- G-Webb in a tail spin, and Presby looking much improved.

3pm 5-4 Monmouth @ 10-0 Coastal -- C-I, N-O

3:30pm 7-3 Charleston Southern @ 7-3 Liberty -- Will Liberty get caught looking ahead? I think Liberty is the better team, but I'm calling the trap.

CSU18
November 10th, 2014, 11:11 AM
12noon 5-5 Presbyterian @4-6 Gardner Webb -- G-Webb in a toss up. PC isn't a bad team, but I think G-Webb gets it turned around this week.

3pm 5-4 Monmouth @ 10-0 Coastal -- CCU in a blowout

3:30pm 7-3 Charleston Southern @ 7-3 Liberty -- CSU has the fact that G-Webb and LU spoiled their playoff chances last year and looks to return the favor. Not only that, it's a trap week for LU, with CCU around the corner.

jmrepak
November 10th, 2014, 11:16 AM
3:30pm 7-3 Charleston Southern @ 7-3 Liberty -- CSU has the fact that G-Webb and LU spoiled their playoff chances last year and looks to return the favor. Not only that, it's a trap week for LU, with CCU around the corner.
http://www.bloginity.com/wp-content/uploads/Family-Guy-Its-A-Trap.png

knucklehead
November 10th, 2014, 11:35 AM
You guys are funny. After a bit of a first half scare Sat vs MU, I doubt the boys will allow another let down.

Flames Nation power rankings http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/big-south-football-power-rankings-week-11-2/

CasualFan
November 10th, 2014, 11:48 AM
You guys are funny.
We're just getting warmed-up for next week. xlolx

knucklehead
November 10th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Gonna be a fun week for sure. I'm having fire roasted chicken and dumplings tonight to prepare.

CSU18
November 10th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Gonna be a fun week for sure. I'm having fire roasted chicken and dumplings tonight to prepare.

Even the fans are overlooking the Bucs. Lol.

knucklehead
November 10th, 2014, 12:24 PM
No way. Like your said earlier, no chance LU overlooks CSU after a first half scare vs MU. They will be prepared and ready to go.

knucklehead
November 10th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Well the Crap TSN and Coaches polls just guaranteed Liberty will be fired up with more to prove this week. Sorry CSU.

kdinva
November 10th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Gard-Webb 27; Presby. 23
CCU 47, Monmouth 21
Liberty 31; Chuck 27

CSU18
November 10th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Well the Crap TSN and Coaches polls just guaranteed Liberty will be fired up with more to prove this week. Sorry CSU.

The polls are tough. How did CSU receive votes last week in the TSN poll (as did WCU), we manhandled G-Webb and WCU gets smashed. This week we get no votes and WCU still receiving votes??

I understand it really doesn't matter because it's just the RV portion, but it makes no sense.

bjtheflamesfan
November 10th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Presbyterian over Gardner Webb
Coastal Carolina over Monmouth
Liberty over Charleston Southern

I highly doubt Liberty overlooks CSU even though next week will be for the autobid. Liberty knows that every game is an elimination game this last run to the finale. Add to that the fact that its at home and the mounting weight of history working in their favor (the Bucs have not won in Lynchburg since the dawn of the century and twice period) and I think you will see a fired up (no pun intended) Flames squad get a solid win

knucklehead
November 10th, 2014, 06:59 PM
12noon 5-5 Presbyterian @4-6 Gardner Webb Got to go with Presby here. After seeing both, I just think GW is going to be athletically overmatched yes even against the Hose. And Presby's Defense is pretty good too. I'm thinking like 17-10

3pm 5-4 Monmouth @ 10-0 Coastal I think Monmouth will likely give CCU a better run than many think but CCU should win by 2 or 3 scores in the end. I want CCU to stay undefeated and #1 in the Coaches going into the 22nd.

3:30pm 7-3 Charleston Southern @ 7-3 Liberty I think Liberty will keep focused on this one after a slight scare in the 1st half vs Monmouth. I think LU's offense will be the better of the 2 and the LU D will make enough stops to give them the win. I'm thinking 38-21/ Interesting stat: Liberty has won 22 of its last 23 Big South contests at Williams Stadium, outscoring opponents by 22 points per game (dating back to 2006).

CSU18
November 11th, 2014, 02:24 PM
3:30pm 7-3 Charleston Southern @ 7-3 Liberty I think Liberty will keep focused on this one after a slight scare in the 1st half vs Monmouth. I think LU's offense will be the better of the 2 and the LU D will make enough stops to give them the win. I'm thinking 38-21/ Interesting stat: Liberty has won 22 of its last 23 Big South contests at Williams Stadium, outscoring opponents by 22 points per game (dating back to 2006).

This has been in the back of my mind all week, as well as the fact that I believe CSU is 2-19 against LU all time (terrible). Hopefully we're looking at it as a pay back game from having our bubble officially burst by you guys last year. Hopefully it'll be a competitive game.

Quick question- I'm planning on being there and I know LU has strict rules. Can you seriously not pour an adult beverage in a cup in the parking lot to enjoy during pregame?

IaaScribe
November 11th, 2014, 03:01 PM
I'm pretty sure as long as you pour it in a cup, you'll be fine. Though I don't ever tailgate there so I wouldn't know for sure.

CasualFan
November 13th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Current Predictions

Presby (4 votes) over G-Dubb (2 votes)
Coastal (6 votes) over Monmouth (0 votes)
Liberty (4 votes) over Chuck South (2 votes)

and one last prediction, "I'm pretty sure as long as you pour it in a cup, you'll be fine." That's one you don't want to get wrong!

CSU18
November 13th, 2014, 11:30 AM
and one last prediction, "I'm pretty sure as long as you pour it in a cup, you'll be fine." That's one you don't want to get wrong!

You got that right.

knucklehead
November 14th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Bump. More predictions?

knucklehead
November 15th, 2014, 10:29 AM
In case anyone wants to know, the LU CSU game at 330 is on ESPN3 and the LFSN network stations as usual and is also on MASN this week.