PDA

View Full Version : Albany vs. Villanova

Gangtackle11
November 10th, 2014, 01:32 AM
A place to talk about what could shape up to be a very good CAA game!

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 10th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Villanova by 14. I don't see Albany winning this one but AGS I suppose...

CHIP72
November 10th, 2014, 06:37 AM
I plan on being there to freeze my butt off (after freezing my butt off at Harvard/Penn earlier in the day and then warming up temporarily at the Delaware State/Penn basketball game).

I think Albany gives Villanova a game for 2-3 quarters but the Wildcats ultimately win by 14-20 points.

danefan
November 10th, 2014, 08:00 AM
We have a chance to make it a game if our QB plays like he did against Delaware. 22-35 for 335 yds and 4 TDs

The biggest issue we'll have is our D-line. I don't think we have the athletes keep contain on Robertson on the D-line. He'll eat us up on the ground.

Nova09
November 10th, 2014, 10:18 AM
We have a chance to make it a game if our QB plays like he did against Delaware. 22-35 for 335 yds and 4 TDs

There's a reason blue hens have been calling themselves "elaware" Don't expect those kind of numbers against us.

bluehenbillk
November 10th, 2014, 10:39 AM
I don't expect this to be a close game & looking at the weather & the gametime & the site & that's it's on TV I put the O/U on the crowd at 1,750.

VUCats02
November 12th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Any word on Pat Williams' status / how he played against Towson? I was only able to follow the game on gamecast. Also, what are the other big injuries on both sides (players who are day-to-day or week-to-week, I am aware of the season ending injuries).

Anovafan
November 12th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Any word on Pat Williams' status / how he played against Towson? I was only able to follow the game on gamecast. Also, what are the other big injuries on both sides (players who are day-to-day or week-to-week, I am aware of the season ending injuries).

Pat is good to go, played well against Towson on D and special teams. C Ross Hall is practicing this week and might play. He says the ankle feels good. Underwood is still out, hopefully back for the playoffs.

smilo
November 12th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Pat Williams looked pretty good last week. I sat next to his cheering section which was quite experience. Constantly rotating that D-line has been working out well. Hunter and Drains saw a good deal a time and can probably be trusted if necessary. Ajaikaye was huge with 2 sacks though

VUHoops posted that Kpassagnon should be back for the regular season finale which would be a huge boost to D-line depth. TE Earnest Pettway still looks to be on track to be back for that as well. And as the above poster said, HB Gary Underwood for the playoffs, which would be the biggest return of all and a huge boost to our offense (along with Pettway)

HailSzczur
November 12th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Pat Williams looked pretty good last week. I sat next to his cheering section which was quite experience. Constantly rotating that D-line has been working out well. Hunter and Drains saw a good deal a time and can probably be trusted if necessary. Ajaikaye was huge with 2 sacks though

VUHoops posted that Kpassagnon should be back for the regular season finale which would be a huge boost to D-line depth. TE Earnest Pettway still looks to be on track to be back for that as well. And as the above poster said, HB Gary Underwood for the playoffs, which would be the biggest return of all and a huge boost to our offense (along with Pettway)

I certainly can't speak to how he is at game speed, but Tanoh Kpassagnon is in a class with me and seems to be almost ready. Interesting to watch his progression from a huge knee brace back to fairly healthy. Same can be said for watching Robertson's casts shrink each week. Robertson was telling the professor before class started Tuesday what a relief it was to finally be able to play without a cast on, and how much more he was able to get back into the running game without it.
Those guys are real interesting to have in class

smilo
November 12th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Haha, It's even funnier when the professor doesn't know who they are by the end of the semester. I had one guy who was still searching around the room when he called "John Robertson" and had no idea who or where he was. Hilarious. Literally everyone should at least know the name - I don't care who you are or how much you care about the football team. We are a sports first school.

Anyway, back to football discussion! It was definitely nice to see Kpassagnon a little closer to full uniform on the sidelines last weekend.

HailSzczur
November 12th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Haha, It's even funnier when the professor doesn't know who they are by the end of the semester. I had one guy who was still searching around the room when he called "John Robertson" and had no idea who or where he was. Hilarious. Literally everyone should at least know the name - I don't care who you are or how much you care about the football team. We are a sports first school.

Anyway, back to football discussion! It was definitely nice to see Kpassagnon a little closer to full uniform on the sidelines last weekend.

Nah, this Finance professor is obsessed with Kevin Monangai, he knows who they all are.

M Ruler
November 14th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Albany vs Villanova preview with Coach Gatusso

We will be dangerous with this receiving core going forward.

Man we got screwed against Delaware on the onside kick. Delaware won fair and square but if you look at this video you can make your own decision. listen to what the CAA did as well. They admitted they got the call wrong.

http://www.ualbanysports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=15800&id=3531735&ATCLPID=&ATCLID=209762461&SPSID=70366&SPID=8009&CARTKEY=&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=15800

danefan
November 14th, 2014, 09:04 AM
FYI this game will be on SNY in the NYC Metro area at 7pm.

Nova09
November 14th, 2014, 12:29 PM
FYI this game will be on SNY in the NYC Metro area at 7pm.

Really? They just flat out dumped Towson? Can't say I blame them, plus it's good news for me!

- - - Updated - - -

I certainly can't speak to how he is at game speed, but Tanoh Kpassagnon is in a class with me and seems to be almost ready. Interesting to watch his progression from a huge knee brace back to fairly healthy. Same can be said for watching Robertson's casts shrink each week. Robertson was telling the professor before class started Tuesday what a relief it was to finally be able to play without a cast on, and how much more he was able to get back into the running game without it.
Those guys are real interesting to have in class

If it's an Erny class (and I know from your follow up it's not), I'm sure it's a blast!

danefan
November 14th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Really? They just flat out dumped Towson? Can't say I blame them, plus it's good news for me!

According to my Optimum App it shows Albany @ Nova at 7pm.

UAalum72
November 14th, 2014, 01:24 PM

Towson-W&M is at 3:00. Both games are on.

CHIP72
November 14th, 2014, 03:32 PM
The Albany/Villanova was scheduled to be televised at 7 PM on the American Sports Network the entire season.

HailSzczur
November 15th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Gonna be lovely weather for some football tonight. Just got back from campus from a football game my choir was having, and it's going to be frigid once the sun goes down. Here's hoping for no wind tonight

HailSzczur
November 15th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Robertson with a beautiful sideline tackle on that fumble. Put him on the Buchanan watchlist too

CHIP72
November 15th, 2014, 09:45 PM
The Wildcats beat the Scooby Doos, I mean Great Danes, 48-31. The key stretch of the game was the latter half of the 2nd quarter and first half of the 3rd quarter. Albany missed an opportunity to tie the game at 14-14 after it was forced to settle for a FG due to a couple penalties after having the ball at the Villanova 1 yard line. Villanova then scored touchdowns on four straight possessions, including with 5 seconds left in the 2nd quarter and on the opening possession of the 3rd quarter to extend their lead from 14-10 to 42-10. The Great Danes kept fighting and made the score respectable by the end of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk