PDA

View Full Version : SOLD OUT... don't even try to walk up and get a ticket...

Torero Tradition
November 10th, 2006, 11:07 PM
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE HISTORY OF USD FOOTBALL...

USD FOOTBALL GAME WITH DAYTON IS SOLD OUT!
Game is being televised on Channel 4 San Diego

Nov. 10, 2006

Tomorrow's 6:00 p.m. home football game for the USD Toreros against the Dayton Flyers is sold out. There will be no walk-up tickets available, or tickets available for sale by phone or via the internet. This is the first time USD has sold out a football game in advance since expanding the stadium to 7,000 seats. The Toreros, ranked 15th in the nation, have won 17 straight games, and a win tomorrow would give them a program-best 10-0 start to the season. The game is being televised by Channel 4 San Diego. The Toreros are also gunning for a berth in the NCAA I-AA playoffs. That announcement will come on Sunday, November 19th at approximately 10:00 a.m. on ESPNews.

ASU_Chad
November 10th, 2006, 11:28 PM
yawn

TheBisonator
November 10th, 2006, 11:29 PM
xcoffeex

Mountaineer
November 10th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Guys, c'mon! Finally with USD selling out a game the rest of I-AA can finally get some credit.

Think of all the exposure we're getting! ;)

Torero Tradition
November 10th, 2006, 11:34 PM
I-AA fans in general should be excited any time another school in the division starts selling out games and creating a buzz...

oh wait... continue to hate (we are non-scholarship)

Block-A
November 10th, 2006, 11:34 PM
On eBay search:

0 items found for usd dayton tickets

Mountaineer
November 10th, 2006, 11:35 PM
I-AA fans in general should be excited any time another school in the division starts selling out games and creating a buzz...

I, for one, welcome our new Torero overlords.

ASU_Chad
November 10th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Ole!

ereiz03
November 10th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Great news! USD!!!!!!

coastalalum
November 10th, 2006, 11:44 PM
from wikipedia.......San Diego is a coastal Southern California city located in the southwestern corner of the continental United States. As of 2005, the city has a population of 1,255,240 people. It is the second largest city in California and the eighth largest in the United States.

over 1.2 million people in the city and we're to get excited b/c you've sold 7,000 tickets? xcoffeex

i believe ron burgundy said it best..... Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

GOTOREROS
November 10th, 2006, 11:51 PM
from wikipedia.......San Diego is a coastal Southern California city located in the southwestern corner of the continental United States. As of 2005, the city has a population of 1,255,240 people. It is the second largest city in California and the eighth largest in the United States.

over 1.2 million people in the city and we're to get excited b/c you've sold 7,000 tickets? xcoffeex

You're right - due to San Diego's location, climate, and economy there are about 1.2 million other things locals can do. It would be great to be the only show in town like many I-AA schools but such is life in the "big city"...

:thumbsup:

ASU_Chad
November 11th, 2006, 12:00 AM
You're right - due to San Diego's location, climate, and economy there are about 1.2 million other things locals can do. It would be great to be the only show in town like many I-AA schools but such is life in the "big city"...

:thumbsup:
Good thing, you will need something to do durring playoffs...

GOTOREROS
November 11th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Good thing, you will need something to do durring playoffs...

If that is the case, you are correct. Always nice to have choices rather than none...

:hurray:

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 11th, 2006, 12:19 AM

i believe ron burgundy said it best..... Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

:thumbsup: xlolx

ereiz03
November 11th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Yeah.... at least people here have the option to do other things.....rather than just watch 1-AA football! xlolx

GOTOREROS
November 11th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Yeah.... at least people here have the option to do other things.....rather than just watch 1-AA football! xlolx

You mean there is life outside of I-AA football!!!!!! xlolx I don't believe you! :smiley_wi

FlyYtown
November 11th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Now I won't lie: I haven't followed this debate: but lol I do find it funny... If an 8-3 team gets snubbed this year due to San Diego... then I hope you all felt what I felt.....

San Diego is what it is: Non-Schollie.... There schedule is weak, and they are weak... That's IMHO.

Great, 7000 seats for San Diego! Umm isn't that city one of the largest in Cali, thats kinda small too.

BlueHen86
November 11th, 2006, 12:33 AM

Good, because you'll be doing them once the I-AA play-offs start and you're season is over.

crunifan
November 11th, 2006, 12:34 AM
When we sell out the UNI-Dome is like half the population of Cedar Falls. xlolx

Grizo406
November 11th, 2006, 12:57 AM
I can't fault the Torero's fans for their enthusiasm. Its somewhat refreshing, and appreciated, despite the countless amount of threads.

I really hope they make the playoffs this year!

AppGuy04
November 11th, 2006, 01:02 AM
San Diego- population 1.2 million
USD stadium- 1st sellout of the year at 7,000 (3,705 average thru 5 home games)

Boone- population 14,132
KBS avg. attendance in 2006- 22,589

xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex :read: :read: :read:

TheBisonator
November 11th, 2006, 01:22 AM
When we sell out the UNI-Dome is like half the population of Cedar Falls. xlolx

When we sell out the Fargodome, it becomes the 6th largest city in North Dakota.xlolx

Grizo406
November 11th, 2006, 01:51 AM
San Diego- population 1.2 million
USD stadium- 1st sellout of the year at 7,000 (3,705 average thru 5 home games)

Boone- population 14,132

xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex :read: :read: :read:

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

crunifan
November 11th, 2006, 02:18 AM
When we sell out the Fargodome, it becomes the 6th largest city in North Dakota.xlolx

That's hilarious!xsmileyclapx

bobbythekidd
November 11th, 2006, 07:22 AM
Boone- population 14,132

That is impressive, not to take anything away from anyone.

mainejeff
November 11th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Now I won't lie: I haven't followed this debate: but lol I do find it funny... If an 8-3 team gets snubbed this year due to San Diego... then I hope you all felt what I felt.....

San Diego is what it is: Non-Schollie.... There schedule is weak, and they are weak... That's IMHO.

Great, 7000 seats for San Diego! Umm isn't that city one of the largest in Cali, thats kinda small too.

Believe me, getting 7,000 people in San Diego to turn out for a sporting event is a great achievement! I love USD's stadium, great place to watch a game (especially soccer). USD is gonna have to move to scholarship football to keep it going though.

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2006, 07:55 AM

"WHALES VAGINA"...xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx:...AWK!

ps....AH'M NOMINATIN' DIS POST.....SMACK O' DUH MONTH...:nod:...BRAWK!

DING!.......OOOOPS....NOT DUH SMACK ROOM.......DISQUALIFIED...;)...DING!

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Now to convince the other 1.193 million people of the joys of I-AA football.

BisonBacker
November 11th, 2006, 09:14 AM

Thanks Coastalalum you really put this ridiculous thread into perspective. xcoffeex

AZGrizFan
November 11th, 2006, 09:25 AM

You WATCH YOU MOUTH, MISTER! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :nonono2: :nonono2:

DFW HOYA
November 11th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Good for USD! A sellout anywhere in I-AA is worth it.

GOTOREROS
November 11th, 2006, 09:57 AM
I can't fault the Torero's fans for their enthusiasm. Its somewhat refreshing, and appreciated, despite the countless amount of threads.

I really hope they make the playoffs this year!

Thanks Griz406. So we may be overzealous and "over the top".......but in a time where football programs are being dropped and I-A football is getting most of the press and publicity - a little school in San Diego is doing well. You would think I-AA fans would be happy that USD is getting more media coverage than the I-A program in San Diego. So, we are vocal about our team - so what? All I hear is that we should be quiet - our fans are coming out to support our team. What is wrong with that? If you support I-AA football you would think it was a good thing, but it is obvious many here are not across the board supporters of I-AA football. It's simply lip service to them.

But, as is the case with people sometimes, instead of congratulations on a sellout its jeers and smack.

Well, that is fine because I understand how people operate.....just sad that is all.

So go ahead an rip on USD football/City of San Diego and I will be curious to see the attendance figures for the rest of I-AA football this weekend...if your school doesn't outdraw USD then you should eat some crow....

GrizFoo
November 11th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Congrats on the sell out. It is too bad USD doesn't offer scholarships, or too bad they didn't get lucky and forsee the need to schedule a couple tougher OOC games.

USD has an unfair advantage of being in San Diego :D ...Man would I love to live there for a year or two, then back Montana. :rolleyes:

Guard Dawg
November 11th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Awesome, a sellout crowd for when USD suffers a huge upset! Then everyone can cry and realize the playoff dream is over

UNHFan99
November 11th, 2006, 10:23 AM
I think the problem everyone has with San Diego is that while you are doing something very special most of the people on this board realize that if their team had your schedule they would also be undefeated. This would create a huge problem if everyone had an easy schedule just to make the playoffs. There is also teams that are having great seasons besides USD. Imagine if Umass, App state and the other 1-AA elite updated everyone on how good they are, if it rained at practice this week, what their coach eats for breakfast, and how their coach had one interview on ESPN. Personally, I live in New England but have not heard USD mentioned in anything other than AGS or 1-AA.org. I hope they make the playoffs as long as a deserving team isnt left at home, but I am definitelly sick of reading things on here that really isnt news.

Torero Tradition
November 11th, 2006, 10:25 AM
USD is not a big time regular.... that is the difference. They have only been in Division I football for 13 years, and most people don't even know about them like you mentioned. I think combined with the success and playoff run, it is bringing a lot of interesting points to light about I-AA football soon to be the CS.

UNHFan99
November 11th, 2006, 10:39 AM
you become a big time regular by people telling you how good you are rather than you telling them about it. I completely support what USD is doing but its really driving me nuts that the top 6 threads on AGS are pretty much all the same or at least turn the same after the first page. I know I dont want to read them, but i continually click on them. Your program is comming along, but to be a big time regular you have to play a decent schedule. If you had Stoney Brook's schedule and were doing what you are doing. I would not only be a supporter but a fan.

JMUfan2008
November 11th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Good, because you'll be doing them once the I-AA play-offs start and you're season is over.

I guess it's a good thing Delaware has a ton to do because if I'm not mistaken you'll be in the same position...laying down on the couch here in 2 weeks...;)

GOTOREROS
November 11th, 2006, 11:02 AM
I think the problem everyone has with San Diego is that while you are doing something very special most of the people on this board realize that if their team had your schedule they would also be undefeated. This would create a huge problem if everyone had an easy schedule just to make the playoffs. There is also teams that are having great seasons besides USD. Imagine if Umass, App state and the other 1-AA elite updated everyone on how good they are, if it rained at practice this week, what their coach eats for breakfast, and how their coach had one interview on ESPN. Personally, I live in New England but have not heard USD mentioned in anything other than AGS or 1-AA.org. I hope they make the playoffs as long as a deserving team isnt left at home, but I am definitelly sick of reading things on here that really isnt news.

Well, I guess you don't get USATODAY, ESPN, or the Jim Rome show in New England. :smiley_wi USD football has been in each multiple times over the past year....

Like I said, many of you think USD fans are over the top. We may not measure up to YOUR standards of what football fan may be but so what? We are having a blast...is there only one way to be a fan of a football team? Maybe other fans don't have anything interesting to report on their coach - ever think of that? USD has a very "interesting" coach whether people like it or not.

And if USD makes the playoffs then the committee believes USD is a top 16 team despite what you all think. If we don't get a bid we're not a top 16 team. Pretty simple, not sure why many of you have to split hairs over that idea. It will be what it will be....

Finally, if we are such a pain in the ass to the AGS community then someone can start a poll asking if USD fans should leave AGS and never return - that is fine by me. If you are all sick of us I will go by what the people say...

JMUfan2008
November 11th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Well, I guess you don't get USATODAY, ESPN, or the Jim Rome show in New England. :smiley_wi USD football has been in each multiple times over the past year....

Like I said, many of you think USD fans are over the top. We may not measure up to YOUR standards of what football fan may be but so what? We are having a blast...is there only one way to be a fan of a football team? Maybe other fans don't have anything interesting to report on their coach - ever think of that? USD has a very "interesting" coach whether people like it or not.

And if USD makes the playoffs then the committee believes USD is a top 16 team despite what you all think. If we don't get a bid we're not a top 16 team. Pretty simple, not sure why many of you have to split hairs over that idea. It will be what it will be....

Finally, if we are such a pain in the ass to the AGS community then someone can start a poll asking if USD fans should leave AGS and never return - that is fine by me. If you are all sick of us I will go by what the people say...

If you wanna give an award for most "interesting" coach I think JMU would get it with our beloved Mickey Matthews...:nod:

GOTOREROS
November 11th, 2006, 11:10 AM
If you wanna give an award for most "interesting" coach I think JMU would get it with our beloved Mickey Matthews...:nod:

That's a good point! xlolx

coastalalum
November 11th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks Coastalalum you really put this ridiculous thread into perspective. xcoffeex

if anyone here could most recently understand the plight of the usd fans, it's a coastal fan. diehard fans of a team who has burst on the scene and who believe they deserve a shot at the playoffs because of a solid team and an exemplary record. all the other ags'ers in past years said, "who cares about ccu's nice record, look at their weak schedule full of d2s and non-schollies....they win, but who have they beaten?". man oh man i thought that was completely unfair for a startup program...i mean who was gonna put us on their schedule?.....anyways, long story not so short....i now see where all of those guys and/or girls were coming from. luckily, so did the guys at ccu who make the schedule. when only 16 teams can make it....those better be the 16 most elite teams (or pretty darn close to it) in all of 1-aa. and regardless of whether you're undefeated or not...if you haven't played, or more importantly beaten anyone of note, then how can you consider yourself in that elite group? you just simply cannot

AmsterBison
November 11th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Gotta like that San Diego sold out but I wouldn't tell people not to come... with only 7000 seats, I'm pretty sure that there are places to watch the game even if there isn't a seat in general admission.

Steven Bryant
November 11th, 2006, 02:26 PM
There's an article in today's Union Tribune raising the question of USD going to scholarships and possibly joing the Great West, but it doesn't seem likely.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/usd/20061111-9999-1s11usdfoot.html

Yet, Snyder knows the Toreros continue to face an uphill haul – again raising the question of where the Toreros go from here.

Is the program sustainable at its present level without a future scholarship commitment? Certainly, Harbaugh would like to see more financial support for his players.

“I'd love to see some scholarships,” he said. “I'm not talking the full 63. Even if we had some to spread among our players, it would make a difference. We have a unique spot here. Players want to come.”

Don't look for USD to start giving out scholarships or bolting the far-flung PFL for something more regional and competitive such as the Division I-AA Great West Conference.

“We are starting to schedule stronger to test ourselves,” said Snyder. “And we want to win on a regular basis. But we are a good philosophical fit with other members of the Pioneer League. Any upgrades we make will come inside parameters that we know work for our institution.”

For example, any savings USD would gain from eliminating its four or five cross-country trips each season as a member of the PFL would fund fewer than a third of the scholarships needed to compete in the Great West – which includes schools such as South Dakota, Southern Utah and Montana.

“The questions about our options are difficult,” Snyder acknowledged.
It also appears that the Union Tribune should do a little better research on what teams are in the Great West...

Steve

OrneryAggie
November 11th, 2006, 02:51 PM
SOLD OUT... don't even try to walk up and get a ticket... [/COLOR]

Man, when I first saw this headline I thought it was yet another thread talking up Montana's Wa-Griz stadium. Thank god it was just a harmless post about a little known west coast non-schollie school. :rolleyes:

KiddBrewer
November 11th, 2006, 02:59 PM
SOLD OUT... don't even try to walk up and get a ticket...

i bet if you did walk up and try to get a ticket, theyd prolly have one or two layin around somewhere.

id imagine app prints about 26-30 thousand tickets, and if they were to ever run out of them, if you gave them 20 dollars, theyd prolly write you one out on a piece of paper just to get more ppl in there.

maybe they arent as friendly out west though......

ereiz03
November 11th, 2006, 03:07 PM
You can actually watch for free from outside of USD's stadium.

Torero Tradition
November 12th, 2006, 04:31 AM
WHAT A GAME!