View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 12

carney2
November 9th, 2014, 09:40 AM
BUCKNELL @ HOLY CROSS

COLGATE @ LEHIGH

GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM

Bye: LAFAYETTE

Game of the Week

COLGATE @ LEHIGH - With the League championship no longer up for even theoretical grabs, I'm going with an intriguing, and potentially competitive, match-up of two teams currently stuck in reverse.

ColgateTD
November 9th, 2014, 09:56 AM
I see C2 all over the calamity in Hamilton yesterday, pulling the strings to get LC the first win at the Kerrdome since 2006 :) Congrats to the Leopards on making the adjustments at the half to make the comeback.

bison137
November 9th, 2014, 10:54 AM
BUCKNELL @ HOLY CROSS

COLGATE @ LEHIGH

GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM

Game of the Week

COLGATE @ LEHIGH - With the League championship no longer up for even theoretical grabs, I'm going with an intriguing, and potentially competitive, match-up of two teams currently stuck in reverse.

Theoretically that is incorrect. The autobid has been determined, not the championship. However that will change on Saturday.

Fordhamanhattan
November 9th, 2014, 11:30 AM
On WFUV on Saturday, Fordham AD Dave Roach said an announcement will be coming soon about a Maroon clad game at Yankee Stadium in 2016. Perhaps the Black Knights of the Hudson with the announcement at this years pre West Point game fete at the new law school building in Lincoln Center.

Pard4Life
November 9th, 2014, 11:41 AM
On WFUV on Saturday, Fordham AD Dave Roach said an announcement will be coming soon about a Maroon clad game at Yankee Stadium in 2016. Perhaps the Black Knights of the Hudson with the announcement at this years pre West Point game fete at the new law school building in Lincoln Center.

A maroon clad game would be Fordham-Lafayette. But we'd be Yankee Stadium veterans by that point, just sayin'

crusader11
November 9th, 2014, 11:51 AM
HC vs. Bucknell is a better game than Lehigh vs. Colgate.

carney2
November 9th, 2014, 11:54 AM

I knew there would be controversy. Apologies to all who agree with 11, but I am personally more intrigued by the Colgate @ Lehigh game. May even attend.

DFW HOYA
November 9th, 2014, 12:00 PM

Owing to the Yankees' schedule (plus playoffs...unlikely but must be covered), the only game that would fit in 2016 would be Colgate.

http://fordhamsports.com/sports/2013/12/16/FB_1216132111.aspx?path=football

crusader11
November 9th, 2014, 12:01 PM
The winner of the HC - Buck game has a good chance to finish 2nd in the league. Yeah, I know, pretty meaningless, but think that makes it better than Lehigh - Colgate.

bison137
November 9th, 2014, 02:28 PM

Yes. No question at all.

Ivytalk
November 9th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Bucknell over HC in a nail-biter
Colgate over Lehigh
Fordham big over G'town

ace93
November 9th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Not that I think it will be needed, but what are the PL tiebreak rules?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 9th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Bucknell/HC is the game to determine 2015 championship contenders. Colgate/Lehigh is a game to determine whether Lehigh can win a game before 150. Think Carney has been sipping too much Glenfiddich.

Sader87
November 9th, 2014, 04:49 PM
http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081308aad.html

bonarae
November 9th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Bucknell
Colgate
Fordham

bison137
November 9th, 2014, 06:07 PM

First tiebreaker for the autobid is head-to-head, which is why Fordham has clinched it. There are no tiebreakers for first place, however. If two teams have the same record, they are co-champs and share the trophy.

jimbo65
November 10th, 2014, 07:08 AM
Bucknell

Lehigh, only because they are at home

Fordham

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2014, 09:43 AM
One more reason why HC/Bucknell should be Game of the Week. Any slim chance at an at-large bid to the playoffs depends on Bucky winning their last two games. Bison on the road in "Woostah" will be a tough game for them, guaranteed, and if they win, they have to be in the conversation for a playoff spot.

carney2
November 10th, 2014, 09:49 AM
BUCKNELL @ HOLY CROSS - The Buffaloes appear legit. The Cross is still fighting to get there.

COLGATE @ LEHIGH - With the freshman at QB, the gaters are not a big mountain to climb.

GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM - With or without Nebrich, but that "deep and talented" roster is now in question when no. 12 is not available.

Pards Rule
November 10th, 2014, 10:50 AM
I see C2 all over the calamity in Hamilton yesterday, pulling the strings to get LC the first win at the Kerrdome since 2006 :) Congrats to the Leopards on making the adjustments at the half to make the comeback.

Thanks CTD! It was a pleasure in the 3 inches of snow left over from Friday evening to be there! 42 degrees high and overcast and breezy BUT I stuck it out and saw a great conclusion with the frosh kicker Thomas Martin (filling in for injured regular PK who hurt an ankle in practice this week) kicking a 31 yarder as time expired. Lad missed his only other collegiate try, a 3 yarder earlier in the 4th quarter I believe it was. I'm 1-0 at Andy Kerr!

Pard4Life
November 10th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Thanks CTD! It was a pleasure in the 3 inches of snow left over from Friday evening to be there! 42 degrees high and overcast and breezy BUT I stuck it out and saw a great conclusion with the frosh kicker Thomas Martin (filling in for injured regular PK who hurt an ankle in practice this week) kicking a 31 yarder as time expired. Lad missed his only other collegiate try, a 3 yarder earlier in the 4th quarter I believe it was. I'm 1-0 at Andy Kerr!

Never go back to Andy Kerr again and you will be likely the only living Lafayette alum to be 1-0 in Hamilton.

Pards Rule
November 10th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Never go back to Andy Kerr again and you will be likely the only living Lafayette alum to be 1-0 in Hamilton.

True that!! But the Pard had a good time! He actually enjoys the snow!!

Bill
November 10th, 2014, 10:58 AM
uggh. 1-2 last week for a 38-14 total.

Here we go:

BUCKNELL @ HOLY CROSS - why not? Bucknell, 24-21

COLGATE @ LEHIGH - hate to do it, but we're toast. Stick a fork in us. Colgate, 34-20

GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM - might get ugly early...but the Jesuits call off the dogs...Rams, 45-17

carney2
November 10th, 2014, 11:27 AM

I expected the worst and was as surprised as anyone. In the end, not impressed with the gaters. D could not handle much of anything once Tavani switched to the hurry up. And, even excusing the freshman QB, the O was not what we've come to expect from Colgate. Really at a loss to see how they beat the Cross and Princeton. Probably the favorite @ the Undiestains, but not expecting a walkover against a pretty bad team.

ngineer
November 10th, 2014, 01:44 PM
The only thing going for the Hoyas may be the weather. Possibility of some snow appearing in the Bronx which can always wreak havoc. Still, cannot go against the Rams in the "All Jesuit Bowl". 42-17.

Bucknell may be licking its wounds physically and mentally, making them a great candidate to slip this week. Again, with the weather up north, could be interesting, but I'm taking the 'saders in a close one, 28-27.

IF Pelletier is able to play this week, LU will open it up like they did in the second half versus HC. LU starts experimenting for next year and finally wins a home game, 34-17.

Laughyette sells out on buy week and takes trip to NYC to Natural History Museum to check out the Frankasaurus on display.

PAllen
November 10th, 2014, 02:08 PM
My streak of picking Lehigh games wrong is at an end. That means I'm free to pick against the pards next week. Unfortunately, I can't pick against Toothpaste U this week.

Bucknell over HC Big
Colgate over Lehigh Bigger
Fordham over Georgetown Biggest

Sader87
November 10th, 2014, 02:18 PM
I expected the worst and was as surprised as anyone. In the end, not impressed with the gaters. D could not handle much of anything once Tavani switched to the hurry up. And, even excusing the freshman QB, the O was not what we've come to expect from Colgate. Really at a loss to see how they beat the Cross and Princeton. Probably the favorite @ the Undiestains, but not expecting a walkover against a pretty bad team.

Gate has regressed as the season has progressed....losing Melville at QB has hurt I'm sure. To beat a dead horse, HC really should have won at Hamilton...gave the game away essentially. In general though, HC, LC, LU, BU. CU and even GU are all about the same this year on any given Saturday this year in the PL.

Doc QB
November 10th, 2014, 03:30 PM

C2, that's "Sinister Sheetstains of the Saucon" to you guys in Pardville, please show us the respect that Bogie's nickname for us engenders. Fordham rolls. I think Cross takes out Bucknell, a letdown after Fordham on National TV that brings them back to usual Bison reality. Colgate's injury bug and lack of being able to finish matches ours....should be a close game. But if they are able to throw ANY ball down field deep, out secondary will 100% misplay the ball and a 'Gate touchdown is a vitual lock. Have never seen DBs in and out of position so often, only to back up that tendency with a haunting consistency to misplay every deep ball in the air and give up TD a reception. Sadly, 'Gate.

Sader87
November 10th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Where is Bogie these days btw??? Been quiet for ovah a couple weeks now.....miss his posts.

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Owing to the Yankees' schedule (plus playoffs...unlikely but must be covered), the only game that would fit in 2016 would be Colgate.

Which would still be an all-maroon game...

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2014, 06:50 PM
2-1 last week, 38-14 overall

Bucknell at Holy Cross Bucknell Impressive showing by the Bison on Friday, so close and yet so far. Does 9-2 get them into the conversation for an at-large? Unlikely, but it's worth a shot, right?

Colgate at Lehigh Colgate The offense has struggled since Melville got hurt, and I've heard nothing that would suggest he'll be back on Saturday. The defense has been improved this year, so if we can just move the ball some, I feel pretty good. Has to be the worst combined record for this game in some time, no?

Georgetown at Fordham Fordham The Rams' long climb to the peak of the Patriot League is here. The Hoyas have been feisty this year, and probably better than their PL 0-fer suggests. Still, this seems unlikely at best

Gater
November 10th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Sader, you have said a number of times that Holy Cross should have beaten Colgate. Colgate had a three point lead and ran out the last 7 minutes of the game. What part of Colgate telling Holy Cross the play they were going to run and Holy Cross not being able to stop it are you going to change? Colgate has been tied or winning in the 4th quarter of eight of the ten games they have played. Colgate is 4-6. Should Colgate have held onto the 11 point lead with seven minutes left against Delaware when Colgate was driving--and hadn't punted the entire game? Maybe. Should Colgate have held onto the 16 point third quarter lead despite having four turnovers in the first half against Lafayette? Maybe. But they didn't. According to your math Colgate should be 8-2 at this point but they are not. Mistakes are part of the game--Holy Cross made too many of them against Colgate. They turned the ball over and they made bad decisions--the exact same things that keep most teams from winning and the exact things that have kept Colgate from being 8-2.

Sader87
November 10th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Sader, you have said a number of times that Holy Cross should have beaten Colgate. Colgate had a three point lead and ran out the last 7 minutes of the game. What part of Colgate telling Holy Cross the play they were going to run and Holy Cross not being able to stop it are you going to change? Colgate has been tied or winning in the 4th quarter of eight of the ten games they have played. Colgate is 4-6. Should Colgate have held onto the 11 point lead with seven minutes left against Delaware when Colgate was driving--and hadn't punted the entire game? Maybe. Should Colgate have held onto the 16 point third quarter lead despite having four turnovers in the first half against Lafayette? Maybe. But they didn't. According to your math Colgate should be 8-2 at this point but they are not. Mistakes are part of the game--Holy Cross made too many of them against Colgate. They turned the ball over and they made bad decisions--the exact same things that keep most teams from winning and the exact things that have kept Colgate from being 8-2.

You haven't suffered like a HC fan has ovah the last 3 seasons in that regard.

I'm not saying HC totally outplayed Gate this year....just that a team that knew how to win, would have won that game 9 times out of 10.

Our staff (and team) has been horrific in closing out games the last 3 seasons.

Gangtackle11
November 10th, 2014, 10:20 PM
BUCKNELL @ HOLY CROSS 28-17

COLGATE @ LEHIGH 23-21

GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM 49-10

Bye: LAFAYETTE

Sader87
November 11th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Is this the first time in awhile that the PL auto bid and/or champ has been decided with still 2 weeks of games left? I can't remembah....

You can tell the wind is pretty much out of our league sails this week....not terribly compelling games this weekend. A rationale for the importance of each game can be made: FU can't trip up, BU-HC could be for 2nd place and setting the stage for next year, CU at LU, much the same i.e. finishing the season strong etc. But in general, it's kind of anti-climatic for the league.

bison137
November 11th, 2014, 09:50 PM
Is this the first time in awhile that the PL auto bid and/or champ has been decided with still 2 weeks of games left? I can't remembah....

it's kind of anti-climatic for the league.

Auto bid is decided. In theory, champ not fully decided since there could still be co-champs. But in reality that is also decided, since it's 100% certain Fordham will beat Georgetown and clinch a full championship.

Sader87
November 11th, 2014, 09:53 PM
And Holy Cross will beat the Bison Saturday......xdrunkyx

bison137
November 12th, 2014, 07:43 AM
And Holy Cross will beat the Bison Saturday......xdrunkyx

I think that's likely. Injuries have hit really hard.

Fordham
November 12th, 2014, 08:16 AM
I'd be surprised if that's the case. I know Bucknell was sky high for us but they had some real talent on the field. Guys who are difference makers. I didn't see any of that on HC this year. If Bucknell's senior QB fill-in plays as poised as he did against us on national TV, I think Bucknell will grind out the win. Their D is tough.

bison137
November 12th, 2014, 10:56 AM
I'd be surprised if that's the case. I know Bucknell was sky high for us but they had some real talent on the field. Guys who are difference makers. I didn't see any of that on HC this year. If Bucknell's senior QB fill-in plays as poised as he did against us on national TV, I think Bucknell will grind out the win. Their D is tough.

i hope hope you're right but a majority of the difference-makers are on the injured list. Carter is the one who isn't but he has a weak-armed QB throwing to him, so his ability to outrun any DB on a deep ball loses much of its value.

Sader87
November 12th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Interestingly, we haven't lost to Bucknell since Dom Randolph was QB....Bucknell beat us in Lewisburg in 2009 after HC clinched the auto-bid a week earlier.

Should be a good game...just think HC is starting to get on a roll, building some confidence with 2 wins in a row.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Interestingly, we haven't lost to Bucknell since Dom Randolph was QB....Bucknell beat us in Lewisburg in 2009 after HC clinched the auto-bid a week earlier.

Should be a good game...just think HC is starting to get on a roll, building some confidence with 2 wins in a row.

Agree. Bucknell will not have it easy in "Woostah".

ace93
November 12th, 2014, 12:45 PM
i hope hope you're right but a majority of the difference-makers are on the injured list. Carter is the one who isn't but he has a weak-armed QB throwing to him, so his ability to outrun any DB on a deep ball loses much of its value.

Are these injuries that occurred during the Fordham game?

van
November 12th, 2014, 12:47 PM
38-14 on the year

BUCKNELL @ HOLY CROSS, Crossers did not impress in win last week, Buffs looked good with sr QB

COLGATE @ LEHIGH, most of my 14 mis-picks are from picking against Gaters and for LU, hoping that trend reverses

GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM, should be a non-contest

carney2
November 12th, 2014, 03:11 PM
C2, that's "Sinister Sheetstains of the Saucon" to you guys in Pardville

Due to the bye, we have entered Hate Week seven days afore ya, and are reluctant to give you hopper floaters credit for much more than breathing. This, however, isn't bad, given your inferior education.

Pards Rule
November 12th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Due to the bye, we have entered Hate Week seven days afore ya, and are reluctant to give you hopper floaters credit for much more than breathing. This, however, isn't bad, given your inferior education.

Yeah, its weird with a bye week the week before the game! Never seen that in 35 years of following Pard ball...

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Yeah, its weird with a bye week the week before the game! Never seen that in 35 years of following Pard ball...

It used to be a popular thing for Lafayette to do in order to be fresh to play Lehigh. One coach actually scheduled a scrimmage with Penn the week before so they could compare notes about Lehigh.

ColgateTD
November 12th, 2014, 05:06 PM
37-15

Bucknell - from what I saw last week I can't go against the Bison
Fordham - good tuneup game for the playoffs; rest the starters and play some 2-deep
Colgate - here is a battle to see who accompanies G'town at the bottom of PL; hoping Mooney has learned something the past few weeks and can pull this out, but have real doubts.

bison137
November 12th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Are these injuries that occurred during the Fordham game?

QB CJ Nitti suffered a knee injury late in the game vs Lafayette the previous week. I think he is out for the season. RB CJ Williams, who made All-PL as a freshman, suffered a serious ankle injury at the start of the Fordham game. Three of the top four WR's have been out for awhile, although one is now back. On defense, All-PL DB Matt Steinbeck has missed much of the season with two different injuries. DT Robert Naylor suffered a serious spinal cord injury late in the Lafayette game. Also a few others out.

Sader87
November 12th, 2014, 05:49 PM
How is Naylor doing bison? Any news?

Fordhamanhattan
November 12th, 2014, 05:54 PM
I had the pleasure today of reflecting on the great transformation that Joe Moorhead has had on his and my Fordham eleven, with a Ram veteran of those woeful days of the late eighties and early nineties. We had a chuckle as he recalled a game in that period against the Frenchmen of Easton. It seems that Fordham was being trashed 35-7 in the final minutes when a former Pennsylvania high school teammate of his, who played linebacker and punted for Lafayette, ran a fake punt from his own 10 to add a little more salt to the wound. This year some Spotted fans whined about Fordham's on-side kick earlier this year when the contest was still in play. Let bygones be so.

Sandlapper Spike
November 13th, 2014, 11:54 AM
BUCKNELL @ HOLY CROSS

COLGATE @ LEHIGH

GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM

BucBisonAtLarge
November 13th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Bucknell- though still such an enigma to the rest of the world at 7-2. The last time Bucknell beat Lehigh and Lafayette (and Holy Cross) in the same season- 1997. The last time Bucknell beat Lehigh, Lafayette and Colgate in the same year was... 1975. So much to play for in these last few weeks.
Lehigh- picking the home team, although that has not counted for much this PL season.
Fordham- I suspect that the Hoyas will cover.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Missed on the Lafayette game last week.

Bucknell 28, Holy Cross 21... Bucknell seems to be banged up and they struggled the last time they headed to New England, but for me, picking Holy Cross would be like saying your crazy uncle is the most rational man in the world.

Colgate 35, Lehigh 31... this is a toss-up, but Colgate's bizarre collapse last week was a testament to the Leopards defense, which Lehigh seemingly lacks, while the Colgate offense continues rely on the read-option. A poorly disciplined defensive team like Lehigh might struggle against such a scheme. However, Lehigh can score, and as Stagg once said, if you can score, you are never out of a game.

Fordham 42, Georgetown 14... not expecting much. Fordham's true opponent this game will be themselves by not looking ahead to next week. If Georgetown somehow wins, this would be the biggest upset ever in the PL era.

ColgateTD
November 14th, 2014, 09:42 AM
What's the weather look like for Lehightown tomorrow?

LehighU11
November 14th, 2014, 09:48 AM
What's the weather look like for Lehightown tomorrow?

Similar to a typical September afternoon in Hamilton. High of 41, though sunny, with a moderate wind.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2014, 10:23 AM
There may still be some snow on the ground, so it will feel like a home game for the Raiders.

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2014, 10:27 AM
There may still be some snow on the ground, so it will feel like a home game for the Raiders.

I understand they got a couple of wet inches that froze overnight! Highs tomorrow in Philly projected to be 45 tomorrow so a few degrees cooler in Bethlehem..

Southsider
November 14th, 2014, 10:49 AM
I understand they got a couple of wet inches that froze overnight! Highs tomorrow in Philly projected to be 45 tomorrow so a few degrees cooler in Bethlehem..

I live close to Goodman.....snow is gone. Was very pretty this morning though!

Sader87
November 14th, 2014, 11:08 AM
41-11 on the year. C&P'd from Crossports:

Lehigh 31 Colgate 20 Homefield and a sputtering Gate O are the recipe for an Engineer W leading up to #150.

Fordham 41 GTown 10 Senior Day and a tune-up for the game at West Point next week, have the Rams on cruise control.

Holy Cross 24 Bucknell 10 Crusaders prevail ovah a beaten-up and dispirited Bison on the frozen tundra of Fitton.

Leopard Loyalist
November 14th, 2014, 01:24 PM
40-12 coming into the homestretch

Bucknell 28 Holy Cross 24
Colgate 27 Lehigh 20
Fordham 48 Georgetown 13

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2014, 02:00 PM

Thx Southsider. Sussex County NJ (NW Jersey and home to High Point - highest mountain in state) I saw on TWC picked up like 3.5-4 inches last evening. I do recall that initial LC-LU game at Goodman in 1989 there was a snow squall at the half and one early in the 3rd but it didnt lay.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Game Preview, Colgate at Lehigh:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/11/quick-game-preview-colgate-at-lehigh.html

Even though I'm busy, I somehow find a way to make a preview.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 14th, 2014, 10:51 PM
1-2 last week, 39-13 overall....

Fordham 38 Georgetown 10 - The Hoya's defense won't allow this to get way out of hand....

Bucknell 27 Holy Cross 24 - It will be interesting to see what type of emotion the Bison play with. It's been two tough weeks for BU. The Crusaders will be ready in Worcester....

Lehigh 24 Colgate 17 - Of my 13 losses this year LU and CU have accounted for 8. Given the Raiders issues at QB, I think LU does just enough to win at home...

ngineer
November 14th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Yeah, we got about an inch on the grass. Roads were just wet, though frozen this a.m. Game time Saturday supposed to be bright sunshine, but temps in low 40s. A good day to sit in the East Stands with the sun in your face. Will be a good day for our annual Clam Bake at our tailgate!

Go...gate
November 14th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Fordham 33, Georgetown 14

Bucknell 26, Holy Cross 20

Lehigh 24, Colgate 16

Bonus Pick: Yale 40, Princeton 38

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Holy Cross
Lehigh
Fordham

The Boogie Down
November 15th, 2014, 09:40 AM
I had the pleasure today of reflecting on the great transformation that Joe Moorhead has had on his and my Fordham eleven, with a Ram veteran of those woeful days of the late eighties and early nineties. We had a chuckle as he recalled a game in that period against the Frenchmen of Easton. It seems that Fordham was being trashed 35-7 in the final minutes when a former Pennsylvania high school teammate of his, who played linebacker and punted for Lafayette, ran a fake punt from his own 10 to add a little more salt to the wound. This year some Spotted fans whined about Fordham's on-side kick earlier this year when the contest was still in play. Let bygones be so.

In fairness it was only 33-7 at the time and from what I understand classy Bill Russo had done his best to not run up another 59-14 on us the way he did a year earlier. Bygones. As for today:

FORDHAM off point at times but in full control by early in the 3rd.
Bucknell in a well fought struggle that isn't decided until overtime.
Lehigh ultimately finishes on top in a sloppy contest each side tries giving away multiple times throughout. Me thinks a blocked PAT in double OT decides it for the Brown.

bison137
November 15th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Holy Cross
Lehigh
Fordham

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Is anyone watching broadcast TV for the Gate game? The angle is funny online... goal line cameras broadcasting play

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Colgate is a joke.

BucBisonAtLarge
November 15th, 2014, 12:51 PM
It looks like a decent crowd at Fordham today....

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Colgate has been bad, but poor Lehigh discipline helping Gate

DFW HOYA
November 15th, 2014, 01:42 PM
At the half, Georgetown's Kyle Nolan is 3 of 15, 14 yards.

Not enough horses.

Gater
November 15th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Colgate misses 30 yard field goal to tie with three left and loses by three.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2014, 02:25 PM
At the half, Georgetown's Kyle Nolan is 3 of 15, 14 yards.

Not enough horses.

That's the biggest understatement ever.

DFW HOYA
November 15th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Fordham 38-0, mid 3rd.

BNiche
November 15th, 2014, 02:37 PM
At the Fordham game. Nebrich got hurt again in the first. MRI Monday but reports say his ligaments are strong. Hopefully, he is fine for Fordham's sake.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Bucknell just beat HC in OT, 31-24. Came down to a 4th and goal.

BucBisonAtLarge
November 15th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Being a Bucknell fan this season has been fun, though we have been trained in the nuances of overtime of late.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2014, 02:54 PM
That's your third straight OT game! Crazy.

Southsider
November 15th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Colgate is a joke.

Honestly, the bigger joke is LU's coaching. The OC needs to take a hike. No imagination. Same old tired plays. Up 30-13 and they hang on in a nail biter. No excuses for this game to be so close. They had Gate buried and let them up, just like two years ago. If I am not mistaken, only 1 RB carried the ball today, and he ran for 200 yds, only they were sideways! The Fr WR also had quite a few totes, again, running 30 yds to gain 2! As long as this OC & QB are at the helm, LU will be a .500 team at best.

Lehigh'98
November 15th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Honestly, the bigger joke is LU's coaching. The OC needs to take a hike. No imagination. Same old tired plays. Up 30-13 and they hang on in a nail biter. No excuses for this game to be so close. They had Gate buried and let them up, just like two years ago. If I am not mistaken, only 1 RB carried the ball today, and he ran for 200 yds, only they were sideways! The Fr WR also had quite a few totes, again, running 30 yds to gain 2! As long as this OC & QB are at the helm, LU will be a .500 team at best.

Coen made the wrong choice with Fulmar. I thought so when he did it and nothing since has changed my opinion.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Hmm? Running sideways for 200 yards? Sounds like Lafayette. Next week will be a battle of the Three Stooges.

carney2
November 15th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Lafayette still in OT with Bye. The Byesters have been shredding the Leopards front with the run/read, while The Frankosaurus is determined to establish the run and wind the clock against Bye's 10 in the box.

ngineer
November 15th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Got back a few minutes ago from Goodman. Game a microcosm of the season. We tried very hard to give this game away, but the 'gaters just wouldn't take it. I agree with the lack of imagination on the offensive play calling. Keeps going to the same shallow well running wide all the time. SMH. However, some bright spots: Pandy finally showed some consistency and had some meaningful kicks. The 41 yarder into the wind has to be a confidence builder. Defense showed some good pressure on the QB and Laub should be Defensive POW--two sacks, and INT and big TFL. Still some hellacious tackling by the secondary--STICK YOUR SHOULDER and WRAP, DAMMIT! Too much reaching. Also, very bothered by stupid ass penalties--head shaking personal fouls by kids who should know better, and really help set the table for a 'gate TD. Shafnisky had nice numbers: 19 for 22, not picks and a TD, but was still indecisive on a number of plays. May come with experience, but he's got a full year under his belt now and should be showing more decisiveness in what he wants to do. If the guys aren't open and you have a lane, take off. Serveral times he had huge lanes, but hesitated and got caught for little or no gain. He runs okay, but if he's going to run he needs to recognize what's available and if not there, go, or throw it away. Sodeke's TD KO return was beautiful and what a great way to end your senior year at home.
Both LU and LC beat 'gate by three. Both lose narrowly to HC. Throw a blanket over them, let them fart way and you will get the 'drift' of what #150 may look like.

ColgateTD
November 15th, 2014, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=ngineer;2179272]I agree with the lack of imagination on the offensive play calling. Keeps going to the same shallow well running wide all the time. SMH.)

The same disease has a hold on the 'Gate coaching staff: run the ball up the middle 98% of the time. Seems to me the other team is going to know what to expect by the 2nd half...duh! 'Gate followers are hoping some imagination creeps into our offensive game plan by next season. What looked to be a decent season back in August has turned into a nightmare. Injuries didn't help by any means.

Engineer86
November 15th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Got back a few minutes ago from Goodman. Game a microcosm of the season. We tried very hard to give this game away, but the 'gaters just wouldn't take it. I agree with the lack of imagination on the offensive play calling. Keeps going to the same shallow well running wide all the time. SMH. However, some bright spots: Pandy finally showed some consistency and had some meaningful kicks. The 41 yarder into the wind has to be a confidence builder. Defense showed some good pressure on the QB and Laub should be Defensive POW--two sacks, and INT and big TFL. Still some hellacious tackling by the secondary--STICK YOUR SHOULDER and WRAP, DAMMIT! Too much reaching. Also, very bothered by stupid ass penalties--head shaking personal fouls by kids who should know better, and really help set the table for a 'gate TD. Shafnisky had nice numbers: 19 for 22, not picks and a TD, but was still indecisive on a number of plays. May come with experience, but he's got a full year under his belt now and should be showing more decisiveness in what he wants to do. If the guys aren't open and you have a lane, take off. Serveral times he had huge lanes, but hesitated and got caught for little or no gain. He runs okay, but if he's going to run he needs to recognize what's available and if not there, go, or throw it away. Sodeke's TD KO return was beautiful and what a great way to end your senior year at home.
Both LU and LC beat 'gate by three. Both lose narrowly to HC. Throw a blanket over them, let them fart way and you will get the 'drift' of what #150 may look like.

Along with bone head personal fouls, the replay of the Sodeke TD showed him doing the idiotic move of dropping before crossing the goal line. At least another player was smart enough to pick the ball up and get in. Because no replay was used in this game it did not matter, but that move drives me nuts. Make sure you get in the end zone first.

Southsider
November 15th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Hmm? Running sideways for 200 yards? Sounds like Lafayette. Next week will be a battle of the Three Stooges.

LOL. I believe both teams have the talent to succeed, but poor coaching has doomed them to mediocrity. I believe the PL is at a crossroads. It can take a big leap with schollies if the schools get behind the programs. If not, they are wasting their money. Regardless, I'll be in NYC next Saturday. Let's have some fun!!

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2014, 06:08 PM
LOL. I believe both teams have the talent to succeed, but poor coaching has doomed them to mediocrity. I believe the PL is at a crossroads. It can take a big leap with schollies if the schools get behind the programs. If not, they are wasting their money. Regardless, I'll be in NYC next Saturday. Let's have some fun!!

I trust Lehigh to commit to excellence and improve things if they don't win, like basketball. Lafayette sticks with the same people and hopes things will be different. That's how we differ. Coen and Tavani can have losing seasons the next two years. Coen would be fired, Tavani will still be coaching in 2020.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2014, 06:29 PM
At the Fordham game. Nebrich got hurt again in the first. MRI Monday but reports say his ligaments are strong. Hopefully, he is fine for Fordham's sake.

Why on Earth did Nebrich suit up for this game if there was ANY doubt that he was 100% healthy?

FordhamFan
November 15th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Why on Earth did Nebrich suit up for this game if there was ANY doubt that he was 100% healthy?

He was 100% healthy, he took a shot to his left knee when it was hyperextended. Had nothing to do with the appendix surgery.

ngineer
November 15th, 2014, 07:17 PM
I trust Lehigh to commit to excellence and improve things if they don't win, like basketball. Lafayette sticks with the same people and hopes things will be different. That's how we differ. Coen and Tavani can have losing seasons the next two years. Coen would be fired, Tavani will still be coaching in 2020.\

Agree to a point. If Coen has another season like this one, it could be his last because the talent is there, but the repeated mistakes and lack of focus (i.e. the dumb ass penalties) reflecting a lack of discipline. While I am willing to chalk this year up to a lot of transition (replacing 1/2 the coaching staff, and different DC and DC, the transition of scholarship players with the old regime, and a heck of a lot of key injuries to the OL). He could have a similar W/L next year if a number of the losses are due to just being beat, as opposed to beating themselves, and keep it another year. But this team beat itself so many ways from Sunday, that cannot be repeated. If that happens, then it may well be viewed as the players not 'buying into' the coaches and the need for a "new messenger". It will also reinforce some peoples' view that Coen's string of great winning seasons was mostly due to bringing Cecchini in, and when he left, the mediocrity returned. I don't subscribe to that thought, as Cecchini had nothing to do with defense, and that is where most of our troubles reside. As for the Spotted Pussies, I tend to agree that any change will be on Frank's terms. If Frank begins to believe he IS a Frankasaurus and no longer relevant to his players, he will retire. But LC, like LU, has a lot of talent coming in with the scholarships (though the PL schools have to learn to live with smaller rosters--also part of the problem) and could have a very nice year next year.

Pards Rule
November 16th, 2014, 06:57 AM
Being a Bucknell fan this season has been fun, though we have been trained in the nuances of overtime of late.

Yeah I had to explain to my mother (a BU grad) the differences in NFL OT and collegiate. Mom says she likes the collegiate rules better: "its more fair that way"

bison137
November 16th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Yeah I had to explain to my mother (a BU grad) the differences in NFL OT and collegiate. Mom says she likes the collegiate rules better: "its more fair that way"

Unfortunately stats show that the college OT is incredibly unfair. Going second has been a massive advantage based on actual games over the past five years. If the NCAA wants OT, they should go to the NFL system. At least that's football. The current college system is not.

Pards Rule
November 16th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Unfortunately stats show that the college OT is incredibly unfair. Going second has been a massive advantage based on actual games over the past five years. If the NCAA wants OT, they should go to the NFL system. At least that's football. The current college system is not.

They changed it recently right? And as the Eagles haven't been in one for a while Im not sure what that is? Ironically on this day in 2008 the Eagles and Bengals settled for a 13-13 tie after OT. After the game, Donovan McNabb among other players said they did not know it would end in a tie after the first (only) OT period.

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2014, 07:59 AM
They changed it recently right? And as the Eagles haven't been in one for a while Im not sure what that is? Ironically on this day in 2008 the Eagles and Bengals settled for a 13-13 tie after OT. After the game, Donovan McNabb among other players said they did not know it would end in a tie after the first (only) OT period.

McNabb!xlolxxlolxxlolx

Pards Rule
November 16th, 2014, 08:32 AM
McNabb!xlolxxlolxxlolx

Total enigma he was!