PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 9 2014

bonarae
November 8th, 2014, 08:19 PM
It's all down to the last two weeks of the Ivy season...

Brown at Dartmouth
Cornell at Columbia - I'm afraid I don't have a favorite to pick... both are equally bad. xsmhx
Princeton at Yale - I'd pick the better offense...
Harvard at Penn

Ivytalk
November 8th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Dartmouth
Columbia ( there, I said it!)
Yale (by two scores)
Harvard (but never easy for us at Franklin Field with those toast-throwing pansies)

bulldog10jw
November 8th, 2014, 10:21 PM
Dartmouth - If the game was at Brown I would....no, I still would pick Dartmouth, but a Brown win would not be that big a shock
Cornell - but I hope Columbia wins and Cornell beats Penn next week
Yale - ready for another 45-42 or something similar?
Harvard - blowout of the week

Go Green
November 9th, 2014, 07:35 PM
It's all down to the last two weeks of the Ivy season...
Cornell at Columbia - I'm afraid I don't have a favorite to pick... both are equally bad. xsmhx

Cornell has actually been in some games at some point this season.

Columbia has not. Every game was effectively over from the first snap. Don't be surprised by the "closeness" of the Dartmouth and Yale games. Both D and Y rested key players against Columbia and ran vanilla offenses.

Cornell wins easily.

bulldog10jw
November 10th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Cornell wins easily.

Probably, but I hope not. Nothing against Cornell. Like I said, I hope they beat Penn.

World
November 10th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Brown at Dartmouth
Cornell at Columbia
Princeton at Yale
Harvard at Penn

Pards Rule
November 10th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Dartmouth
Columbia ( there, I said it!)
Yale (by two scores)
Harvard (but never easy for us at Franklin Field with those toast-throwing pansies)

that toast throwing routine is SO stale xcoffeex

Gordon Shumway
November 15th, 2014, 07:40 AM
If anyone was still wondering how epically bad Columbia and Cornell are this year.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/the-worst-college-football-game-in-the-worst-college-football-town/

bulldog10jw
November 15th, 2014, 08:15 AM
If anyone was still wondering how epically bad Columbia and Cornell are this year.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/the-worst-college-football-game-in-the-worst-college-football-town/

I can't imgine that Fox College Sports is happy that this is one of their games today.

However, I will be watching since the Yale game is not on TV.

It's like watching a disaster unfold on TV news. It's horrible, but you can't turn away.

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Thought I'd throw this out there in this thread in case any of you missed it. On Gameday this morning Chis Fowler said that the Harvard/Yale game may be where they head next week for their broadcast.

CHIP72
November 15th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Thought I'd throw this out there in this thread in case any of you missed it. On Gameday this morning Chis Fowler said that the Harvard/Yale game may be where they head next week for their broadcast.

The way Harvard is playing today against Penn, that may not happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivytalk
November 15th, 2014, 02:52 PM
The way Harvard is playing today against Penn, that may not happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harvard dominated the fourth quarter to win, 34-24. Chris can book his flight to Boston. Tough luck, Bags.

Ivytalk
November 15th, 2014, 03:20 PM
bulldog, congrats to Yale on the win over P'ton. Sets up The Game nicely next week! Was there a decent crowd for the 100th ceremonies?

bulldog10jw
November 15th, 2014, 03:40 PM
bulldog, congrats to Yale on the win over P'ton. Sets up The Game nicely next week! Was there a decent crowd for the 100th ceremonies?

Congrats yourself, IT, for adding to Penn's misery.

Attendance was 23,260. Not terrible. One of my boys was at the game. Said it was freezing on the Yale side as the sun went down behind the press box.

Go Green
November 15th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Congrats to Harvard for clinching at least a share of the Ivy title.

Let's hope that they end up sharing it again!

GO YALE!!!!!!!!!!!

bonarae
November 15th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Final Scores:
Dartmouth 44, Brown 21
Cornell 30, Columbia 27 - when will Columbia finally get a win?
Yale 44, Princeton 30
Harvard 34, Penn 24 - my ceiling for the Crimson in my AGS Poll - somewhere around #13 or #14.

Pards Rule
November 16th, 2014, 07:04 AM
Congrats yourself, IT, for adding to Penn's misery.

Attendance was 23,260. Not terrible. One of my boys was at the game. Said it was freezing on the Yale side as the sun went down behind the press box.

Always pleased with UPenn misery. I share that with my Harvard & Yale breathren.