centennial
November 8th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Well played.

X-Factor
November 8th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Congratulations UNI! YOU were awesome tonight. Very impressed

thebootfitter
November 8th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Absolutely, congratulations on a very well played game. That's the UNI that was getting first place preseason votes. That's the UNI a lot of Bison fans have been concerned with.

I do wish the Bison had a sharper game, but there's no doubt UNI deserved to win this one.

Twentysix
November 8th, 2014, 07:50 PM
xthumbsupx Way to go xthumbsupx

superman7515
November 8th, 2014, 08:03 PM
This must be a East Coast/West Coast thing because if this happened on this side of the Mississippi it would be Delaware saying "F--- Villanova" or Wofford saying "F--- The Citadel" or whoever. We'd burn cars, loot electronics stores, pillage a neighboring village. Hell, Villanova had Reverend Beranard Lazor run over Delaware fans after we won the game in 2003, Brett Wharton's (long snapper) mother had to be airlifted to the hospital. You Canadians are way too nice to each other.

http://i.imgur.com/qr7FfUa.png

Twentysix
November 8th, 2014, 08:07 PM
This must be a East Coast/West Coast thing because if this happened on this side of the Mississippi it would be Delaware saying "F--- Villanova" or Wofford saying "F--- The Citadel" or whoever. We'd burn cars, loot electronics stores, pillage a neighboring village. Hell, Villanova had Reverend Beranard Lazor run over Delaware fans after we won the game in 2003, Brett Wharton's (long snapper) mother had to be airlifted to the hospital. You Canadians are way too nice to each other.

Let me be the first to apologize to you for how nice we are to each-other. Sorry.

Bisonator
November 8th, 2014, 08:11 PM

Well to be fair we have been told that we will be jumping off bridges and burning buildings when we lost. Nice to hear of no rioting in Fargo tonight! xthumbsupx

Congrats UNI!

Hood
November 8th, 2014, 08:13 PM
I was just telling my wife this morning how NDSU hasn't lost in like three years and is THE king of FCS. 33 game streak. Good job NDSU on that and congrats to UNI for doing what on paper was impossible.

Both teams will be fun to watch in the playoffs.

superman7515
November 8th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Let me be the first to apologize to you for how nice we are to each-other. Sorry.

Hahaha xthumbsupx

MR. CHICKEN
November 8th, 2014, 08:35 PM
20010......LET'S GRADE...DUH LEVEL O' NICE....xhandshakex....TOMORRAH.......VOTIN' DAY........xslapfightx....AWK!

Jacked_Rabbit
November 8th, 2014, 08:38 PM
SDSU smashed UNI in Cedar Falls... Congrats UNI.

CHIP72
November 8th, 2014, 08:40 PM

Yeah, we'd need the Pope to intervene...which he did in a way by indirectly forcing the Battle of the Blue to be played in September in 2015.

clenz
November 8th, 2014, 08:44 PM
....?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hammerhead
November 8th, 2014, 08:44 PM
They kicked our butts all game long. UNI was the best team to not make the playoffs last year and it would be fun to have a rematch in the postseason this year.

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Nothing but respect for UNI, they dominated the game in all the facets that NDSU had built the 33 game winning streak on. In a way, as an NDSU fan, it's almost a relief that the winning streak came to an end in a game that there was no quibbling about who was the better team. The outcome reflected the play of the field, end of story.

HandoEX
November 8th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Had a great time at the game. Congrats UNI, great win! Worse loss for NDSU since 2005!

semobison
November 8th, 2014, 09:14 PM
How about that UNI defense. Wow!

igo4uni
November 8th, 2014, 09:42 PM
tons of fun in the dome tonight!!

skinny_uncle
November 8th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Nothing but respect for UNI, they dominated the game in all the facets that NDSU had built the 33 game winning streak on. In a way, as an NDSU fan, it's almost a relief that the winning streak came to an end in a game that there was no quibbling about who was the better team. The outcome reflected the play of the field, end of story.
It might be a relief for you, but not us. We have to play the Panthers next.

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2014, 09:55 PM
It seems completely counter intuitive to how UNI has played the last couple weeks but I have a sneaky feeling that they're going to have a letdown next week in Carbondale. You can't really blame them given the enormous wins they've gotten the last two weeks at home but it wouldn't be the MVFC if there wouldn't be some completely head scratching results the last two weeks of the year.

UNIFanSince1983
November 8th, 2014, 10:01 PM

When was the last time we beat you guys in Carbondale though?

After two huge wins especially this one I forsee a huge let down and SIU got back to their winning ways today.

PantherRob82
November 8th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Last win in Carbondale was 1996. Last 3 games there were lost by 3, 7, and 3.

I think this defense leads us to our first win there in 18 years.

SeattleGriz
November 8th, 2014, 10:26 PM

And you smashed NDSU...right?

Dip****

BEAR
November 8th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Nice win UNI!

I know you were banged up last year like the Bears so I was waiting for the big game from you.

Nice run Bison. It had to end sometime. But way to rep the FCS!

PantherRob82
November 8th, 2014, 10:40 PM

Hopefully we can get a rematch. I'd like to think we are playing better now.

clenz
November 8th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Hopefully we can get a rematch. I'd like to think we are playing better now.
The UNI team that took the field today would beat anyone in the fcs by 3 scores plus

That means we lose by 17 next week

Bisonwinagn
November 9th, 2014, 12:16 AM
The UNI team that took the field today would beat anyone in the fcs by 3 scores plus

Can you explain why UNI always plays their best game of the year against the Bison? Maybe it's just the matchup.

Houndawg
November 9th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Can you explain why UNI always plays their best game of the year against the Bison? Maybe it's just the matchup.

That matchup thing can be really strange..

Houndawg
November 9th, 2014, 01:38 AM
It seems completely counter intuitive to how UNI has played the last couple weeks but I have a sneaky feeling that they're going to have a letdown next week in Carbondale. You can't really blame them given the enormous wins they've gotten the last two weeks at home but it wouldn't be the MVFC if there wouldn't be some completely head scratching results the last two weeks of the year.

I would rather face them coming off a big win for sure, but I don't think its enough even if we get Agnew back.

Fordham
November 9th, 2014, 04:23 AM
Hilarious response to a really post. Loved that exchange.

Congrats UNI. That's a helluva win

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2014, 06:11 AM
Fun game to be at except the outcome. UNI played a great game on both sides of the ball and deserved to win. Their offense spread out the Bison defense with 3-4 WRs and ran the ball effectively.

About all you can do is tip your hat and say the better team won the game last night.

Bison really need to clean up the penalties....wow, way too many.

mgbison
November 9th, 2014, 06:43 AM

Its more like there are probably 10 teams in the FCS that could've beat NDSU yesterday.

PantherRob82
November 9th, 2014, 09:24 AM

Matchup. We are built to beat you guys. It's the teams that chuck it around that give us trouble.

PantherRob82
November 9th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Its more like there are probably 10 teams in the FCS that could've beat NDSU yesterday.

Haha. BS. Our defense locked you down and we played a field position game. I guess if you wsnt to think you guys just woke up on the wrong side of the bed and it was magic. I don't see many teams if any that beat the Bison the rest of the way. The game was closer than the score.

clenz
November 9th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Haha. BS. Our defense locked you down and we played a field position game. I guess if you wsnt to think you guys just woke up on the wrong side of the bed and it was magic. I don't see many teams if any that beat the Bison the rest of the way. The game was closer than the score.
But it wasn't closer than the score... That's the thing. And that's how bad uni cyrb stomped ndsu

UNIs offense put more points up on UNC and TTU but had you put those Bison players in one of those uniforms yesterday i would have completely believed we were playing them again

Having that said, that's because uni finally played mostly to potential. Not another fcs team could do that to ndsu yesterday

bri-dog
November 9th, 2014, 09:35 AM
About all you can do is tip your hat

Bison fans don't tip. :D

PantherRob82
November 9th, 2014, 09:41 AM
But it wasn't closer than the score... That's the thing. And that's how bad uni cyrb stomped ndsu

UNIs offense put more points up on UNC and TTU but had you put those Bison players in one of those uniforms yesterday i would have completely believed we were playing them again

Having that said, that's because uni finally played mostly to potential. Not another fcs team could do that to ndsu yesterday

They should have scored on the drive that ended in an INT. That was an unforced turnover the WR gave to us. Momentum would have been much different.

Sycamore62
November 9th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Should have added 3 pts right before half

clenz
November 9th, 2014, 09:56 AM
They should have scored on the drive that ended in an INT. That was an unforced turnover the WR gave to us. Momentum would have been much different.
The hit doesn't allow the ndsu wr to gain full possession and knocked the ball up for the pick.

Certainly changed the game, but uni dominated the entire game.

I was nervous the whole game as i waiting on the typical uni collapse but it never came

UNIFanSince1983
November 9th, 2014, 10:02 AM
At the end of the game the Bison defense was GASSED! They aren't used to having to be on the field that much. Holding the Bison to 43 rushing yards is something no other team in FCS can probably do and pretty sure no one has done in a while. They only were under 200 twice so far this year. The lowest total prior to yesterday was 149 by Western Illinois. We beat them at their own game. Run the ball, get the offense off the field, and just wear the other team down. Holding them to 1-14 on 3rd downs. Just a well played game by the Panthers.

I will admit we got lucky a couple times with the tipped pass INT in the redzone. Also Wentz (the best QB in FCS according to AG1) missed Vraa twice once in which he over threw an easy TD. The game could have been much different with a few plays but it wasn't.

More important than beating the Bison was keeping the playoff hopes alive.

Gil Dobie
November 9th, 2014, 10:02 AM

Wentz over-threw a wide open Vraa early too. The Bison needed that, as they could not run their grinding offense against UNI's defense.

semobison
November 9th, 2014, 10:04 AM
The hit doesn't allow the ndsu wr to gain full possession and knocked the ball up for the pick.

Certainly changed the game, but uni dominated the entire game.

I was nervous the whole game as i waiting on the typical uni collapse but it never came

UNI's defense dominated the entire game then you NDSU'd us. You wore us out!

UNIFanSince1983
November 9th, 2014, 10:07 AM
UNI's defense dominated the entire game then you NDSU'd us. You wore us out!

Exactly what I said. The NDSU defense at the end of the game was gassed. We sit on that sideline and the players coming off the field were worn out!

skinny_uncle
November 9th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Last win in Carbondale was 1996. Last 3 games there were lost by 3, 7, and 3.

I think this defense leads us to our first win there in 18 years.

Wow! I didn't realize it had been that long.

PantherRob82
November 9th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Wentz over-threw a wide open Vraa early too. The Bison needed that, as they could not run their grinding offense against UNI's defense.

That could be attributed to the pass rush though.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! I didn't realize it had been that long.
I had to look it up.

Bisonator
November 9th, 2014, 10:58 AM

You were right there probably isn't a bigger prick in your fan base. Must have the purple colored glasses on again.xlolx

Seriously though UNI beat us soundly but there were a lot of missed opportunities that could have made it a much different outcome.

clenz
November 9th, 2014, 11:02 AM
You were right there probably isn't a bigger prick in your fan base. Must have the purple colored glasses on again.xlolx

Seriously though UNI beat us soundly but there were a lot of missed opportunities that could have made it a much different outcome.
If I'm the biggest prick we are sitting pretty well when it comes to fan base

Bison56
November 9th, 2014, 11:03 AM
That could be attributed to the pass rush though.

- - - Updated - - -

I had to look it up.

I thought the pass protection was great most of the game, it was UNI rush D that was outstanding.

PantherRob82
November 9th, 2014, 11:06 AM
I thought the pass protection was great most of the game, it was UNI rush D that was outstanding.

Really? We had a good amount of sacks and hurries.

clenz
November 9th, 2014, 11:06 AM
I was interested in of uni would bring real pressure for the first time this year or change very little.

Very little was changed and the front 4 met the challenge add there was rarely more than 4 or 5 rushing.

Wentz had time to throw but the coverage was great, sans about 3 plays.

Lots of coverage sacks and scrambles yesterday

IBleedYellow
November 9th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Chad you're so ****ing wrong with a bunch of **** right now. UNI played a fantastic game, and I only wish we could have seen NDSU play their A game against UNI. We have yet to play four full quarters against UNI since we joined the conference.

NDSU played like crap and UNI is probably 95% of the reason for NDSU playing poorly, but that other 5% is really frustrating as a fan. NDSU didn't come out ready to play at all.

We were out coached, out gained, out smarted and most importantly... Out scored.

I'm not disappointed we lost. I'm disappointed that we played so poorly.

Hat tip to UNI. Great game plan and I expect Xavier Williams to play on Sundays.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

Bison56
November 9th, 2014, 11:53 AM
The most disappointing thing for me and I'm sure some UNI fans was the stupid penalties by both teams. There were many on both teams for a game this late in the season.

Lehigh'98
November 9th, 2014, 11:55 AM
What would the betting line be in a rematch in Fargodome?? My guess, NDSU -7.5

Bison56
November 9th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Yes you did but I guess I believe the coverage was the reason for many Wentz had time but noone to throw to. I guess I shouldn't have used the word great sorry.

PantherRob82
November 9th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Yes you did but I guess I believe the coverage was the reason for many Wentz had time but noone to throw to. I guess I shouldn't have used the word great sorry.

You're right. I guess I mean that the 4 man rush was plenty given the way the rest of the defense played. The pressure was enough that he had a hard time finding a gap in the coverage.

smallcollegefbfan
November 9th, 2014, 12:13 PM
This is further proof to look at who a team beat and lost to rather than overall record. I have had UNI in my top 20 all season long. They are a top 10-15 team, no question. They should be in the playoffs for sure as long as they don't lose again, and I don't expect them to. I believe UNI would be the conference champion in at least 4 or 5 auto bid leagues.

clenz
November 9th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Chad you're so ****ing wrong with a bunch of **** right now. UNI played a fantastic game, and I only wish we could have seen NDSU play their A game against UNI. We have yet to play four full quarters against UNI since we joined the conference.

NDSU played like crap and UNI is probably 95% of the reason for NDSU playing poorly, but that other 5% is really frustrating as a fan. NDSU didn't come out ready to play at all.

We were out coached, out gained, out smarted and most importantly... Out scored.

I'm not disappointed we lost. I'm disappointed that we played so poorly.

Hat tip to UNI. Great game plan and I expect Xavier Williams to play on Sundays.

What am I wrong on?

UNI's defense forced your OCs hand. What could he have called differently? Seriously. What? NDSU coulnd't run the ball for jack ****ing dick (28 rushes for 43 yards (Crockett 17-46 [2.4] Frasier 2-5 [2.5], Wentz 7-1 [.1]). The longest run of the day for NDSU was 12 yards...by Wentz...on a 3rd and 19 where UNI dropped 8 and it was a power QB off tackle run. Crocketts long of the day? 7. UNI completely shut your ****ing run game down. NDSU's offense is COMPLETELY predicated on the run game. The run game for NDSU sets up the passing game. No run game means the passing game can't get set up right. The threat of play action is ****ing gone. No more saftey cheating up an extra yard or two, no more CB eyes in the back field for a split second allowing Vraa (or whomever) to get past them. No more LBs late getting to their man/zone. UNI sent more than 5 on maybe a handful of plays. There was no need to. You're offensive line got completely ****ing dominated no matter what DL UNI put in the game. They might not have given up the sacks but there was ZERO push from your "rams". Your rams looked like ****ing baby sheep in that game.

After UNI shut your run game down and forced UNI to do it it through the air things started to get real shakey. Again, no play action respect means 7-8 in coverage on every ****ing play. There were 4 or 5 plays that Wetnz had 6-10 seconds to just stand there and find someone - guess what he couldn't do.....that's right...FIND SOMEONE OPEN.

Here is NDSU's drives and yards on the drive

20 (punt)
11 (punt)
37 (punt)
21 (punt)
24 (int)
On NDSU's first 5 drives they had 113 yards
Want to see the rest of the drives for the game?
2 (punt)
0 (punt)
-2 (punt)
12 (punt)
9 (field goal)
-5 (punt)
2 (punt)
16 (punt)

UNI came out and punch your offense in the face like Buster Douglas hitting Mike Tyson and your guys couldn't handle it. Your coaching staff had no idea how to handle it. You fans had no idea how to handle it. That game was over as soon as UNI picked that pass off in the second quarter.

The playcalling was bad for NDSU because UNI forced their hands....completely forced their hands.

Please tell me, IBY, what NDSU could/should have done that would have had a different result?

On the other side of the ball

UNI started a damn tight end at tackle yesterday (yep, this guy http://www.unipanthers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=626869&SPID=90703&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=26200&ATCLID=205235714&Q_SEASON=2014 started at right tackle....) and your DL got no push against a UNI OL that has been complete crap all season long.

Carnes completed 7 freaking passes all day...7...and 4 of them were in the first half and 3 of those 4 to a running back. There was clearly no real effort to establish a passing games yesterday. UNI ran 44 freaking times to 19 passes. UNI averaged 4.8 yards per carry. Think about that. This NDSU defense that is as good as it is got piss pounded by a one diminsional offense where EVERYONE knew DJ was going to touch the ball 25-30+ times....oh he averaged another 4.8 YPC on his own. He truck sticked your line backers like they played for Tennessee Tech on more than one occasion.

You love...and I mean LOVE...to brag about NDSU's time of possession. Guess who won the TOP in the second half? You LOVE to brag about NDSU's second half defense giving up no points. Guess who scored 16 second half points yesterday? You (and other Bison fans) LOVE to point out that NDSU won last year because they pounded UNI into submission and they were gased that last drive of the game. Guess which team couldn't catch their breath yesterday?

All of that is because UNI absolutely dominated that game from start to finish and in EVERY single aspect of that game. NDSU averaged 14 yards per return...UNI 48.8. Yeah..NDSU averaged 16.5 yards per kick off...

NDSU was averaging a 53% rate of conversions on third down this year...UNI held them to 1-14 (7%) including more than a couple stuffs on third and short.

Tell me, where am I "so ****ing wrong with a bunch of **** right now."

I was waiting for the epid UNI meltdown that we all know. NDSU did nothing to force it to happen.

Gil Dobie
November 9th, 2014, 01:04 PM
What am I wrong on?

UNI's defense forced your OCs hand. What could he have called differently? Seriously. What? NDSU coulnd't run the ball for jack ****ing dick (28 rushes for 43 yards (Crockett 17-46 [2.4] Frasier 2-5 [2.5], Wentz 7-1 [.1]). The longest run of the day for NDSU was 12 yards...by Wentz...on a 3rd and 19 where UNI dropped 8 and it was a power QB off tackle run. Crocketts long of the day? 7. UNI completely shut your ****ing run game down. NDSU's offense is COMPLETELY predicated on the run game. The run game for NDSU sets up the passing game. No run game means the passing game can't get set up right. The threat of play action is ****ing gone. No more saftey cheating up an extra yard or two, no more CB eyes in the back field for a split second allowing Vraa (or whomever) to get past them. No more LBs late getting to their man/zone. UNI sent more than 5 on maybe a handful of plays. There was no need to. You're offensive line got completely ****ing dominated no matter what DL UNI put in the game. They might not have given up the sacks but there was ZERO push from your "rams". Your rams looked like ****ing baby sheep in that game.

After UNI shut your run game down and forced UNI to do it it through the air things started to get real shakey. Again, no play action respect means 7-8 in coverage on every ****ing play. There were 4 or 5 plays that Wetnz had 6-10 seconds to just stand there and find someone - guess what he couldn't do.....that's right...FIND SOMEONE OPEN.

20 (punt)
11 (punt)
37 (punt)
21 (punt)
24 (int)
2 (punt)
0 (punt)
-2 (punt)
12 (punt)
9 (field goal)
-5 (punt)
2 (punt)
16 (punt)

UNI came out and punch your offense in the face like Buster Douglas hitting Mike Tyson and your guys couldn't handle it. Your coaching staff had no idea how to handle it. You fans had no idea how to handle it. That game was over as soon as UNI picked that pass off in the second quarter.

The playcalling was bad for NDSU because UNI forced their hands....completely forced their hands.

Please tell me, IBY, what NDSU could/should have done that would have had a different result?

UNI started a damn tight end at tackle yesterday (yep, this guy http://www.unipanthers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=626869&SPID=90703&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=26200&ATCLID=205235714&Q_SEASON=2014 started at right tackle....) and your DL got no push against a UNI OL that has been complete crap all season long.

Carnes completed 7 freaking passes all day...7...and 4 of them were in the first half and 3 of those 4 to a running back. There was clearly no real effort to establish a passing games yesterday. UNI ran 44 freaking times to 19 passes. UNI averaged 4.8 yards per carry. Think about that. This NDSU defense that is as good as it is got piss pounded by a one diminsional offense where EVERYONE knew DJ was going to touch the ball 25-30+ times....oh he averaged another 4.8 YPC on his own. He truck sticked your line backers like they played for Tennessee Tech on more than one occasion.

You love...and I mean LOVE...to brag about NDSU's time of possession. Guess who won the TOP in the second half? You LOVE to brag about NDSU's second half defense giving up no points. Guess who scored 16 second half points yesterday? You (and other Bison fans) LOVE to point out that NDSU won last year because they pounded UNI into submission and they were gased that last drive of the game. Guess which team couldn't catch their breath yesterday?

All of that is because UNI absolutely dominated that game from start to finish and in EVERY single aspect of that game. NDSU averaged 14 yards per return...UNI 48.8. Yeah..NDSU averaged 16.5 yards per kick off...

NDSU was averaging a 53% rate of conversions on third down this year...UNI held them to 1-14 (7%) including more than a couple stuffs on third and short.

I was waiting for the epid UNI meltdown that we all know. NDSU did nothing to force it to happen.

There were a lot of drive killing penalties yesterday, by both teams. Appeared NDSU's drives were usually 2 downs and a holding penalty. That's not good team discipline.

semobison
November 9th, 2014, 01:04 PM
What am I wrong on?

20 (punt)
11 (punt)
37 (punt)
21 (punt)
24 (int)
2 (punt)
0 (punt)
-2 (punt)
12 (punt)
9 (field goal)
-5 (punt)
2 (punt)
16 (punt)

First off, UNI won the battle in the trenches yesterday and fully deserved to win!

Clenz, your a knowledgeable passionate fan, I respect that but win with some class. I will never forget all the excuses you went on and on about last year. You took it to us this year, well done, but we dominated you in the 4th qtr. last year, that's why we won.

Enjoy this win but you have unfinished business. If you lose this week beating us will be an afterthought.

paward
November 9th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Congratulations and thanks for making best win easy!

Twentysix
November 9th, 2014, 01:18 PM

There were even more plays when Wentz had more than 8 seconds to stand in the pocket. The pass rush was very poor IMO. It was the coverage/Rush D that was outstanding.

clenz
November 9th, 2014, 01:21 PM
There were even more plays when Wentz had more than 8 seconds to stand in the pocket. The pass rush was very poor IMO. It was the coverage/Rush D that was outstanding.
I would agree with this but it was by design i think.

I think there was less than 10 plays uni actually blitzed. I would guess 80 to 90 percent of the plays were 4 or 5 man pressure. Forcing wentz to find a hole and he couldn't.

The few times uni did bring pressure it did work. A couple sacks, a qb hit, and a handful of hurries isn't bad for that kind of pass rush

PantherRob82
November 9th, 2014, 01:27 PM

The pass rush did it's job. They got a lot of pressure with a 4 man rush. It's not all about how much time he had. They were making him move, altering his throws, and getting hits on him. It clearly effected the passing game.

superman7515
November 9th, 2014, 01:30 PM

You were right there probably isn't a bigger prick in your fan base. Must have the purple colored glasses on again.

Chad you're so ****ing wrong with a bunch of **** right now.

Now you boys are getting it. xlolx

SUPharmacist
November 9th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Congrats on the win for UNI, should be a great game in Fargo next year (maybe playoff rematch this year).

To keep Supe happy, let me just close by asking how many titles UNI has?

clenz
November 9th, 2014, 02:11 PM
First off, UNI won the battle in the trenches yesterday and fully deserved to win!

Clenz, your a knowledgeable passionate fan, I respect that but win with some class. I will never forget all the excuses you went on and on about last year. You took it to us this year, well done, but we dominated you in the 4th qtr. last year, that's why we won.

Enjoy this win but you have unfinished business. If you lose this week beating us will be an afterthought.
I was completely ready, before the game started to give NDSU all the credit in the world. I was expecting them to force a collapse from UNI - see the game day thread. Even had UNI been able to collapse and still hold on I would have been more than ready to credit NDSU for what they did.

The issue is this - NDSU deserves very little credit for what they did yesterday. That game was an asswhiping. It is nice to be the team to punch someone in the mouth and not back down at the first sign of a counter punch for once. Had the game played out exactly the opposite the last thing I'd tell an NDSU fan when they pointed the stomping out is that they are "so ****ing wrong with a bunch of **** right now."

All UNI has heard since last season (well for the last 3 years and...well...FCS fans in general the last 3 years) is NDSU fans flapping their mouths non-stop about no one being able to do to them what UNI did yesterday. When other teams played terribly against NDSU it was always "NDSU FORCED THEM TO DO IT/WORE THEM OUT/ETC...". Now, I have NDSU fans telling me that I am "so ****ing wrong with a bunch of **** right now" because I'm pointing out that UNI forced NDSU into calling the plays that they did and the complete lack of any momentum I'm going to ****ing call him on it. Just like I did when he started running his damn mouth about "UNI always scheduling 2 FBS teams because they can't afford to keep the lights on, doesn't recruit talent anymore, etc..." when he has no ****ing clue what he is saying. I'd also bet $1,000 on the fact he is the one that neg repped BF02 for stating he thought UNI would win the game in another thread.

Your fans ran their mouths (rightfully so for the most part) for 3 years because no one beat them. Now they got beat and their fans want more class from me when I'm told "so ****ing wrong with a bunch of **** right now."when not a single thing I said was classless or wrong.

To be fair, 99% of the fans here have been cool about it and I don't want to lump all into one post.

Our coaches made zero changes from any game plan they've run this entire year (not shocking and still highly disappointing) and it worked. I believe it was Wentz that was quoted post game as saying something like "They did nothing difference than we'd ever seen on tape and they just "whipped our fannies"" (okay...I embellished some, but I really wanted to use that quote).

I know NDSU is a lot better than they showed yesterday. The issue that needs to be sorted out is did UNI play out of their minds or is UNI legitimately that good.

BISON Thunder
November 9th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Congrat's to the Panther's...UNI played like I thought they would all season long and the reason I had them #1 for the first couple weeks. Definitely have a couple players who will be playing on Sunday's next year. A team with talent, potential, and focus will make for these results. After seeing yesterday's game, I wonder how UNI lost the games they have.

IBleedYellow
November 9th, 2014, 09:20 PM
I said it once and I'll say it again... UNI forced NDSU into 95% of the problems yesterday and the other 5% were lack of execution that I haven't seen from NDSU teams in four years.

That's where you're wrong, you're stating that NDSU was only physically dominated... I'd say UNI also psychologically dominated us... And that sucks.

clenz
November 9th, 2014, 09:22 PM
I said it once and I'll say it again... UNI forced NDSU into 95% of the problems yesterday and the other 5% were lack of execution that I haven't seen from NDSU teams in four years.

That's where you're wrong, you're stating that NDSU was only physically dominated... I'd say UNI also psychologically dominated us... And that sucks.

That's 100 percent forcing errors then.

IBleedYellow
November 9th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Carson having all day in the pocket and overthrowing receivers that would be touchdowns wasn't because of UNI

clenz
November 9th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Carson having all day in the pocket and overthrowing receivers that would be touchdowns wasn't because of UNI

Okay...that happened once.

What about the rest of the game?

IBleedYellow
November 9th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Okay...that happened once.

What about the rest of the game?
Happened on three separate occasions.

PantherRob82
November 9th, 2014, 09:55 PM

Nothing to do with crowd noise or pass rush or nerves. :)

344Johnson
November 9th, 2014, 10:06 PM
NDSU didn't handle anything well. I think they were just waiting for UNI to meltdown or for things to start going well.

As clenz said, they took away ndsu's running game. If you can do that, you make the bison throw. Other teams that have done that have had to sell out to do it, UNI didn't have to.

Maybe if they play again, UNI won't play as well, or maybe NDSU would play better, or something would change.

I think we saw some issues ndsu has had this year on different occasions manifest in one game and basically for 4 quarters.

The way I see it, ndsu is used to being able to win based on just being better than the other team physically. Yesterday they ran into a team that physically is at least reasonably comparable to them and wasn't going to back down.

That's okay. Doesn't mean NDSU cannot win another title. Still expect them to win.

JayJ79
November 9th, 2014, 10:11 PM

psionically dominated y'all too.

penguinpower
November 10th, 2014, 06:36 AM

I told you that UNI was built to beat NDSU. I told you that NDSU was beatable and you chastised me for it. I told you that I was not exactly impressed with the QB play of NDSU and that they were hiding his weakness in their run game. You are delusional. Looks like I was correct. NDSU was smashed. Congrats again to UNI.

BisonBacker
November 10th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Carson's inability to make the long throw consistently has been a hamstring to this offense this year. But with experience I expect him to get better. What that means for everyone else in the FCS well take it how you want. We are still a damn good team. Not to mention NDSU just keeps reloading. Anyone thinking this is the bottom falling out for NDSU good luck with that. Look forward to seeing you in the playoffs xthumbsupx

clenz
November 10th, 2014, 09:07 AM
I told you that UNI was built to beat NDSU. I told you that NDSU was beatable and you chastised me for it. I told you that I was not exactly impressed with the QB play of NDSU and that they were hiding his weakness in their run game. You are delusional. Looks like I was correct. NDSU was smashed. Congrats again to UNI.
There isn't another (well, maybe 1 or 2) that could do to NDSU what UNI did.

I don't care what the "total defense" stats say, I think UNI has the best defense (or top 2/3) in the nation. There isn't another front 7 that is has the combination of size, strength and speed that the UNI front has. I wouldn't look for another defense to even come close to what UNI was able to do.

You are right, though. UNI is a team that is built in a mold to beat NDSU and the Bison are still beatable by someone else.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2014, 09:09 AM
There isn't another (well, maybe 1 or 2) that could do to NDSU what UNI did.

I don't care what the "total defense" stats say, I think UNI has the best defense (or top 2/3) in the nation. There isn't another front 7 that is has the combination of size, strength and speed that the UNI front has. I wouldn't look for another defense to even come close to what UNI was able to do.

You are right, though. UNI is a team that is built in a mold to beat NDSU and the Bison are still beatable by someone else.

So is UNI.

UNIFanSince1983
November 10th, 2014, 09:24 AM
So is UNI.

Very true.

All I know is Saturday there was one team that couldn't have beat us xpeacex

clenz
November 10th, 2014, 09:35 AM
So is UNI.You're point is....

UNI fans weren't the ones neg repping each other for thinking someone might beat us..

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2014, 09:36 AM
You're point is....

UNI fans weren't the ones neg repping each other for thinking someone might beat us..

Nor was I. I fully accepted that we weren't eventually going to get away with all the mistakes we have been making this year.

Trumpster
November 10th, 2014, 09:57 AM
tl:dr this thread for a Monday morning. esp Clenz
Question. Is UNI usually that messy with penalties? It seemed like both teams were trying to hand the game over with penalties in the first half.
Also wtf Polasek (NDSU OC)? A ****ing jet sweep to the FB? How did you think that would work?

If UNI's QB could throw we would have been destroyed in the first half.

UNIFanSince1983
November 10th, 2014, 10:03 AM
tl:dr this thread for a Monday morning. esp Clenz
Question. Is UNI usually that messy with penalties? It seemed like both teams were trying to hand the game over with penalties in the first half.
Also wtf Polasek (NDSU OC)? A ****ing jet sweep to the FB? How did you think that would work?

If UNI's QB could throw we would have been destroyed in the first half.

Yes UNI is always that sloppy with penalties. Has been a problem all season long. We committed 16 in the game against Iowa. We have now gotten leaping penalties at least twice on field goals. Our All-American defensive tackle has jumped offside around 10 times when he is literally right on top of the football. We continually get delay of game penalties due to the coaches not getting plays in on time. I believe in the SDSU game we even got a roughing the snapper penalty on a punt (although it was after he was well down the field so I don't get that one).

Bison56
November 10th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Yes UNI is always that sloppy with penalties. Has been a problem all season long. We committed 16 in the game against Iowa. We have now gotten leaping penalties at least twice on field goals. Our All-American defensive tackle has jumped offside around 10 times when he is literally right on top of the football. We continually get delay of game penalties due to the coaches not getting plays in on time. I believe in the SDSU game we even got a roughing the snapper penalty on a punt (although it was after he was well down the field so I don't get that one).

One penalty I had a question about in the game was on Carson after the int. He was called for a chop block I believe? Now if I remember correctly he was diving at the defender with the ball and hit on of the other UNI players who was running with to block. Or am I completely wrong?

Bisonator
November 10th, 2014, 10:11 AM
One penalty I had a question about in the game was on Carson after the int. He was called for a chop block I believe? Now if I remember correctly he was diving at the defender with the ball and hit on of the other UNI players who was running with to block. Or am I completely wrong?

I didn't understand that call either.

clenz
November 10th, 2014, 10:13 AM
It was the correct call, though I don't know what the "actual wording" should be.

There is a picture from the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier had a great picture of it I'll see if I can find.

Wentz went straight at the shin of the blocker in front (Issac Ales) of Kilfoy (who had the ball) and not Kilfoy. That's why Kilfoy hurdled that pile. That is a penalty every single time, though I'm not sure if the "chop block" terminology is the correct one or not. I suppose it would be though

Bison56
November 10th, 2014, 10:19 AM
It was the correct call, though I don't know what the "actual wording" should be.

There is a picture from the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier had a great picture of it I'll see if I can find.

Wentz went straight at the shin of the blocker in front (Issac Ales) of Kilfoy (who had the ball) and not Kilfoy. That's why Kilfoy hurdled that pile. That is a penalty every single time, though I'm not sure if the "chop block" terminology is the correct one or not. I suppose it would be though

I believe that it is a penalty as you stated, just was a little confused by the wording. Don't see that called very often. Thanks Clenz for the input.

clenz
November 10th, 2014, 10:22 AM
These are photos from a couple places that piece that play together

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/4/e9/4e92c062-a9ae-5da6-974e-511096159177/545ee637364fd.image.jpg

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/264_zps44936b80.jpg

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/f/ff/ffff3d49-c416-545d-98ff-3b69a08d701e/545ee63846ed7.image.jpg

Sycamore62
November 10th, 2014, 10:23 AM
chop block is 2 guys going high and low

This would be an Illegal Block below the waist.

There is a little more leeway in NCAA as to when you can do it as opposed to HS rules when you can only do it on the line at the snap

Bisonator
November 10th, 2014, 10:24 AM
How is that a penalty? He's a defender trying to make a tackle or force him out of bounds at that point.

clenz
November 10th, 2014, 10:27 AM
This is about the only time the UNI defense had a let down...and Wentz sailed the ball 15 feet over Vraa's head

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/71a5d3ee05e4a96cd51a7daa841efbfd7990912a/c=317-0-2680-3150&r=383&c=0-0-380-510/local/-/media/IAGroup/DesMoines/2014/11/08/635510863585294009-N-Dakota-St-N-Iowa-Fo-Grun-29-.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

How is that a penalty? He's a defender trying to make a tackle or force him out of bounds at that point.
He wasn't going after Kilfoy is the issue.

Kilfoy was 2-3 yards behind Ales at the point of impact, thus why Kilfoy is hurdling those two.

He made ZERO play on the ball carrier.

- - - Updated - - -

chop block is 2 guys going high and low

This would be an Illegal Block below the waist.

There is a little more leeway in NCAA as to when you can do it as opposed to HS rules when you can only do it on the line at the snap
I believe the ref actually called "illegal block" at the time of the call on the field.

clenz
November 10th, 2014, 10:28 AM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/7838bdf4914221f7a325f5d9e187e42151363f4b/c=313-0-4645-3257&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/IAGroup/DesMoines/2014/11/08/635510734988866021-N-Dakota-St-N-Iowa-Fo-Grun-13-.jpg

Twentysix
November 10th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Man, this must be the UNI program's signature win. This many pages on the Monday after the game?

marenlee
November 10th, 2014, 10:31 AM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/7838bdf4914221f7a325f5d9e187e42151363f4b/c=313-0-4645-3257&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/IAGroup/DesMoines/2014/11/08/635510734988866021-N-Dakota-St-N-Iowa-Fo-Grun-13-.jpg

That dude is a beast. But damn he needs to work on staying on his side of the ball before the snap. I've watched a few UNI games this season and it seems like he had at least 2-3 offsides per game.

clenz
November 10th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Man, this must be the UNI programs signature win. This many pages on the Monday after the game?
Oh for ****s sakes..

NDSU fans can dish it out but can't ****ing take it when the conversation continues more than a day after the game they lose.

I might never let this thread die if people will continue to act that way.

clenz
November 10th, 2014, 10:35 AM
That dude is a beast. But damn he needs to work on staying on his side of the ball before the snap. I've watched a few UNI games this season and it seems like he had at least 2-3 offsides per game.
He reads snap counts extremely well and has a faster get off than I've ever seen.

The issue is he gets a little to antsy anytime there is any kind of delay in the count - not even a hard count - once he figures the rhythm out.

Twentysix
November 10th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Oh for ****s sakes..

NDSU fans can dish it out but can't ****ing take it when the conversation continues more than a day after the game they lose.

I might never let this thread die if people will continue to act that way.

Surely your team earned congratulations on Saturday, and could even huddle near the glow of the win on Sunday. But Monday? Might as well drop football, UNI will be contented with this win for the next 150 years.

Grizalltheway
November 10th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Surely your team earned congratulations on Saturday, and could even huddle near the glow of the win on Sunday. But Monday? Might as well drop football, UNI will be contented with this win for the next 150 years.

And NDSU fans will be butthurt about it for that long, if their views towards EWU are any indication.

Sycamore62
November 10th, 2014, 10:38 AM

You can tackle the ballcarrier just about any way except all the new safety rules. anything on a not ball carrier, offense or defense is a block.

Twentysix
November 10th, 2014, 10:39 AM
And NDSU fans will be butthurt about it for that long, if their views towards EWU are any indication.

I wonder if UNI has finished painting the date on their garage door. Then again, that may be a discussion for Tuesday.

clenz
November 10th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Holy **** you are a cry baby.

The first post today (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?164021-Congratulations-UNI&p=2175767&viewfull=1#post2175767) was a YSU fan...then an NDSU fan...a ****ing NDSU fan posted in this thread on a god damn monday before a UNI fan did. I was that fan and I was replying to a post about UNI speaking only of UNI...not NDSU.

It then became a discussion of the penalty.

I will make it my goal to bump this thread every single day through the end of the season just for you.

Gil Dobie
November 10th, 2014, 10:40 AM
This is about the only time the UNI defense had a let down...and Wentz sailed the ball 15 feet over Vraa's head

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/71a5d3ee05e4a96cd51a7daa841efbfd7990912a/c=317-0-2680-3150&r=383&c=0-0-380-510/local/-/media/IAGroup/DesMoines/2014/11/08/635510863585294009-N-Dakota-St-N-Iowa-Fo-Grun-29-.jpg

Looks like 2 feet to me ;)

Even if the Bison get the to TD's when Vraa was wide open, the Bison still lose 23-14. I watched the UNI feed for $12 bucks, guess I can watch the SIU game this weekend too. :)

clenz
Saying the name **** ***** is still a 5 year prison sentence in North Dakota unless it is said, specifically, as "F*** B*** F****"

Twentysix

The first post today (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?164021-Congratulations-UNI&p=2175767&viewfull=1#post2175767) was a YSU fan...then an NDSU fan...a ****ing NDSU fan posted in this thread on a god damn monday before a UNI fan did. I was that fan and I was replying to a post about UNI speaking only of UNI...not NDSU.

I will make it my goal to bump this thread every single day through the end of the season just for you.

You should! It will aid your memory when you tell your great-grandchildren of the day when the underdog panthers slew the mighty bison, then went on to just miss the playoffs. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2014, 10:41 AM

You better hope there's no letdown next week or that will be November 22.

clenz
November 10th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Also, twentysix....I'm assuming I'll never...ever...find a post about you talking about an NDSU win on a Monday?

You better hope so, because you sure as **** know I'm going to look.

Or is that okay since it's a NDSU win?

Gil Dobie
November 10th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Saying the name **** ***** is still a 5 year prison sentence in North Dakota unless it is said, specifically, as "F*** B*** F****"

Did I miss something, who's name?

clenz
November 10th, 2014, 10:43 AM
You better hope there's no letdown next week or that will be November 22.
I fully expect a loss this weekend.

It's in Carbondale.

Unlike NDSU fans I can have a sense of humor about the team I support.

You and twentysix are just ****ing whiny right now.

Twentysix
November 10th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Also, twentysix....I'm assuming I'll never...ever...find a post about you talking about an NDSU win on a Monday?

I'm sure you can look to my signature and see me posting about several wins after they occurred. ;)

clenz
November 10th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Did I miss something, who's name?
I live in Iowa...so I should be outside the law

Bill Fette

Twentysix
November 10th, 2014, 10:45 AM

Bill Fette

Careful, that can get you thrown in with the Triad in Bismarck (We don't have enough criminals so we rent out our prison space to other states).

Trumpster
November 10th, 2014, 10:46 AM

Bill Fette

****ing **** **** **** **** ****

Bisonator
November 10th, 2014, 10:47 AM
You can tackle the ballcarrier just about any way except all the new safety rules. anything on a not ball carrier, offense or defense is a block.

Thanks. That's stupid if you ask me but there are a lot of stupid rules now days.

Gil Dobie
November 10th, 2014, 10:48 AM

Bill Fette

I remember. Didn't who it was for a long time, people kept saying his name on CS.com, giving JBB a bad time about him. I watched the game and said shi t, Jensen didn't get in, turned it off and went out side and blew 17 inches of snow off my driveway. Don't know why people have to blame the refs for games.

Bisonator
November 10th, 2014, 10:48 AM

Bill Fette

You ***********!

Bisonator
November 10th, 2014, 10:49 AM
I say let the UNI fans enjoy it. It's all they got really.:D

Twentysix
November 10th, 2014, 10:49 AM
I remember. Didn't who it was for a long time, people kept saying his name on CS.com, giving JBB a bad time about him. I watched the game and said shi t, Jensen didn't get in, turned it off and went out side and blew 17 inches of snow off my driveway. Don't know why people have to blame the refs for games.

I think it mostly lies in the fact that it was our first playoff entrance after the long drought caused by the transition. It's also more of a joke than anything.

Gil Dobie
November 10th, 2014, 10:50 AM
You ***********!

Why are people mad at him? Bison could have stopped the EWU drive. Refs are part of the game.

Twentysix
I say let the UNI fans enjoy it. It's all they got really.:D

You don't say?

PantherRob82

He dove at the legs of a defender who was blocking. I didn't understand that one either.

bisonboone11
November 10th, 2014, 10:51 AM
I don't think this is true. The situation of the two games is completely different. UNI dominated NDSU and deserved to win this game. There wasn't a series of questionable calls that, for the most part, decided the game. NDSU did not deserve to win the game on Saturday. UNI earned it. I don't see what there would be to be butthurt about.

PantherRob82
November 10th, 2014, 10:52 AM

This is a conversation and includes your fans as well. It's not a continued celebration of a win, it's a discussion about football game. xrolleyesx

clenz
November 10th, 2014, 10:53 AM
I don't think this is true. The situation of the two games is completely different. UNI dominated NDSU and deserved to win this game. There wasn't a series of questionable calls that, for the most part, decided the game. NDSU did not deserve to win the game on Saturday. UNI earned it. I don't see what there would be to be butthurt about.
The butt hurt is steming from people still talking about the game and asking questions about calls

When NDSU loses the threads need to be locked instantly, apparently. No further discussion is allowed.

Gil Dobie

Some Griz fans have been really butthurt since 2003, and really hurting the last 3 years watching the Bison win.

clenz
He dove at the legs of a defender who was blocking. I didn't understand that one either.
You can't go low on anyone that doesn't have the ball....period.

That's been around for a couple years.

Second NDSU game I've seen in person they've been called for it (Montana game)

FargoBison
November 10th, 2014, 10:54 AM

Yeah, we'll be over this by Saturday. That EWU game was an emotional roller coaster filled with some very close and controversial calls. This game we just got flat out beat.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2014, 10:55 AM

It's in Carbondale.

Nah mang, I'm excited to go to Mo State this weekend. Still #1, still gonna be a top seed, still gonna be home all throughout the playoffs and still going to Frisco.

oh yeah, and still 3 championships in the back pocket.

Grizalltheway
November 10th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Careful, that can get you thrown in with the Triad in Bismarck (We don't have enough criminals so we rent out our prison space to other states).

I take it you haven't traveled out west lately? xeyebrowx

Bisonator
November 10th, 2014, 10:57 AM

Those aren't "ours". ;)

PantherRob82
November 10th, 2014, 10:59 AM
3 championships, the go-to when you don't actually have something to say.

Somehow we all managed to live without our team winning a championship before you guys won one, and we still manage now that you've won three. Nothing was changed. We still love our team and still want to win a championship.

It's nice to see some Bison fans can discuss football, rather than act like 13 yr old boys. What next, can your dad beat up our dad?

Bisonator
November 10th, 2014, 11:00 AM

Somehow we all managed to live without our team winning a championship before you guys won one, and we still manage now that you've won three. Nothing was changed. We still love our team and still want to win a championship.

It's nice to see some Bison fans can discuss football, rather than act like 13 yr old boys. What next, can your dad beat up our dad?

No but I think Klieman could take Farley. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever

You haven't seen the wall next to your garage door lately, eh?

You love your team as long as it's winning. It was pretty easy getting a ticket to the game this weekend.

clenz

It's nice to see some Bison fans can discuss football, rather than act like 13 yr old boys. What next, can your dad beat up our dad?xoutofrepx

PantherRob82
November 10th, 2014, 11:03 AM

That would be a fun fight for charity. :)

Bisonator
November 10th, 2014, 11:04 AM
That would be a fun fight for charity. :)

They seemed to get along better the Farley and Bohl.

PantherRob82
November 10th, 2014, 11:05 AM
You haven't seen the wall next to your garage door lately, eh?

You love your team as long as it's winning. It was pretty easy getting a ticket to the game this weekend.

It's pretty crazy to celebrate the successes we do have. xrolleyesx
It's normally easy to get a ticket. Not sure what that says about anything.

Great deflection though, you might as well have posted, "you're right". :)

clenz
November 10th, 2014, 11:06 AM
They seemed to get along better the Farley and Bohl.
People over blow the issues between Farley and Klieman

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2014, 11:09 AM
It's pretty crazy to celebrate the successes we do have. xrolleyesx
It's normally easy to get a ticket. Not sure what that says about anything.

Great deflection though, you might as well have posted, "you're right". :)

Wait it's bad to celebrate our success but good to celebrate yours? Im just saying for how much love and support you have it's just as easy to get a ticket there as in Terre Haute

clenz
November 10th, 2014, 11:13 AM
http://whotv.com/2014/11/10/ndsu-and-bison-fans-are-bugging-andy/

JSUBison
November 10th, 2014, 11:13 AM
People over blow the issues between Farley and Klieman

Probably bigger tension between Klieman/Bohl than Klieman/Farley. Bohl/Farley probably still the most heated.

PantherRob82
November 10th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Wait it's bad to celebrate our success but good to celebrate yours? Im just saying for how much love and support you have it's just as easy to get a ticket there as in Terre Haute

I'm not waving around our accomishments or even the result of this weekend's game in lieu of having anything to add to the conversation. ;)

Grizalltheway
November 10th, 2014, 11:21 AM

You've been celebrating your team's success in a rather obnoxious manner for about three years running now.

I also don't recall you posting here much from Nov 2006-2010, FWIW.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2014, 11:23 AM
You've been celebrating your team's success in a rather obnoxious manner for about three years running now.

I also don't recall you posting here much from Nov 2006-2010, FWIW.

Because I had job that didn't allow me to sit in front of the computer for 8 hrs a day. Complete coincidence.

Funny, I don't remember us making much of a big deal over beating Montana this year, why the boner over UNI?

Bison56
November 10th, 2014, 11:30 AM
http://www.tikiwebgroup.com/imgderp/wp-content/uploads/sites/41/2012/02/calm-down-bro.jpg

Grizalltheway
November 10th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Because I had job that didn't allow me to sit in front of the computer for 8 hrs a day. Complete coincidence.

Funny, I don't remember us making much of a big deal over beating Montana this year, why the boner over UNI?

Because Montana wasn't riding a 33 game winning streak and 3 national titles?

Fair enough on the second part.

Twentysix
November 10th, 2014, 11:43 AM

I haven't. I avoid western No Dak like the plague.

Panther-State
November 10th, 2014, 12:13 PM

Saturday would suggest otherwise ;)

Sycamore62
November 10th, 2014, 01:26 PM
2 old guys fighting is what the world wants to see

PantherRob82
November 10th, 2014, 01:46 PM
2 old guys fighting is what the world wants to see

Isn't that what the last few Rocky movies were? :)

Sycamore62
November 10th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Isn't that what the last few Rocky movies were? :)

Come to think of it....

JayJ79
November 10th, 2014, 05:21 PM

seems he has a tendancy to jump when the center moves, or moves the ball a bit (which I guess is legal for the center to do). probably a cost that UNI is willing to pay, preferring to take the occasional 5 yard penalty rather than sacrifice the jump that X quite often gets on the snap.

PantherRob82
November 10th, 2014, 06:46 PM
seems he has a tendancy to jump when the center moves, or moves the ball a bit (which I guess is legal for the center to do). probably a cost that UNI is willing to pay, preferring to take the occasional 5 yard penalty rather than sacrifice the jump that X quite often gets on the snap.

They would probably prefer that he stop doing it in such costly positions, 3rd downs, INTs, etc.

JayJ79
November 10th, 2014, 07:08 PM
They would probably prefer that he stop doing it in such costly positions, 3rd downs, INTs, etc.

they need to do a better job of telling him when they are going to intercept the ball so that he can be sure not to jump the count on those plays. xsmiley_wix
(not that his being in the backfield early has anything to do with the QB being rushed into throwing those INTs or anything)

PantherRob82
November 10th, 2014, 07:20 PM
they need to do a better job of telling him when they are going to intercept the ball so that he can be sure not to jump the count on those plays. xsmiley_wix
(not that his being in the backfield early has anything to do with the QB being rushed into throwing those INTs or anything)

Obviously he can't control the INT thing. I actually think in the game where he did that on 2 INTs he pulled up both times because he knew he was offsides.

- - - Updated - - -

Missouri State has the WORST schedule. Finishing with NDSU then UNI. Ouch.

Sycamore62
November 10th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Obviously he can't control the INT thing. I actually think in the game where he did that on 2 INTs he pulled up both times because he knew he was offsides.

- - - Updated - - -

Missouri State has the WORST schedule. Finishing with NDSU then UNI. Ouch.

We started mvfc play UNI ISUr @NDSU

PantherRob82
November 10th, 2014, 10:45 PM

Man that's rough. I guess we got ISUr and NDSU back to back followed by a game in a town we haven't won in since 1996.

Panther-State
November 10th, 2014, 11:52 PM

Better to have had UNI at the very beginning I guess. That's rough

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2014, 10:34 AM

I would like to think we are much better now. We'll see this weekend.

Sycamore62
November 11th, 2014, 11:22 AM

I say that NOW lol

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2014, 01:18 PM
I say that NOW lol

Nice that you got us in Terre Haute this year, too. That wind gave us all sorts of fits.

Panther-State
November 11th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Nice that you got us in Terre Haute this year, too. That wind gave us all sorts of fits.
Especially with 2 QB's who can't throw much better than Christopher Reeve. At least one of them can run better too

Sycamore62
November 11th, 2014, 01:50 PM

we had the same wind this week. Thought it affected both teams equally.

When your QB came out in the 1st 2 series and threw 2 passes, I had a feeling they would be able to respect the pass that direction a little less.

PantherRob82
November 12th, 2014, 08:39 AM
we had the same wind this week. Thought it affected both teams equally.

When your QB came out in the 1st 2 series and threw 2 passes, I had a feeling they would be able to respect the pass that direction a little less.

Well with no stands or structures to block the wind and weather I'm sure you guys deal with it a lot. :)

Sycamore62
November 12th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Well with no stands or structures to block the wind and weather I'm sure you guys deal with it a lot. :)

but with no fans there should be that much wind....

Try the veal

Sycamore62
November 12th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Did any of you guys watch the 30 for 30 on Randy Moss last night. They showed clips of him posterizing UNI. I had to laugh, then I realized that had we beat you guys we would have got that AQ and made the highlight reel (on the wrong side). I dont think it was a 1st round game though.

UNIFanSince1983
November 12th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Did any of you guys watch the 30 for 30 on Randy Moss last night. They showed clips of him posterizing UNI. I had to laugh, then I realized that had we beat you guys we would have got that AQ and made the highlight reel (on the wrong side). I dont think it was a 1st round game though.

I did see it and I think we still have that game on VHS somewhere. That was a semifinal game, and to be fair Moss posterized every team they played that year. I had to look it up because I thought that Marshall hammered us worse, but the score was only 31-14. Still 3 scores, but not as bad as I had thought.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2014, 10:09 AM

The bit about him sitting in the stands, in uniform repeating " I hate Montana" before the '96 title game was pretty funny too.

As a ND fan, I believe his issue was ONE of the main reasons Holtz left.

Sycamore62
November 12th, 2014, 10:12 AM
The bit about him sitting in the stands, in uniform repeating " I hate Montana" before the '96 title game was pretty funny too.

As a ND fan, I believe his issue was ONE of the main reasons Holtz left.

I never got why he hated Montana only being in 1AA for a season at that point

It took me a good 2-3 years to hate all you assholes

Twentysix
November 12th, 2014, 11:08 AM
This thread doesn't have enough Clenz. Color me disappointed.

Let's see if he works like Beetlejuice.

Clenz, Clenz, Clenz.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 12th, 2014, 11:09 AM

Clenz, Clenz, Clenz.

Hasn't been enough to bitch about lately.

clenz
November 12th, 2014, 11:12 AM

Clenz, Clenz, Clenz.I'm flattered that you'r obsessed enough with my postings that you try to call for me.xcoffeex

Thumper 76
November 12th, 2014, 11:14 AM

Clenz, Clenz, Clenz.

xlolxxlolxxlolx that's funny right there

Twentysix
November 12th, 2014, 11:15 AM
I'm flattered that you'r obsessed enough with my postings that you try to call for me.xcoffeex

It works!!!!!! I summoned Clenz!

Psh, Clenz you are like the only fun person on the internet. Why wouldn't I call for you?

UNIFanSince1983
November 12th, 2014, 06:14 PM
So earlier today I decided to relive the magic and I just went and stormed the Dome field today.

JayJ79
November 12th, 2014, 06:35 PM
So earlier today I decided to relive the magic and I just went and stormed the Dome field today.

complete with jumping down the 6' drop from the stands?

PantherRob82
November 12th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Still celebrating the win..... xlolx

underdawg
November 12th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Congrats--hope you're still all celebrating when you get to Carbondale too

NoDak 4 Ever
November 12th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Congrats--hope you're still all celebrating when you get to Carbondale too

Give them a break, they won their Super Bowl.

UNIFanSince1983
November 12th, 2014, 07:11 PM

I tore down the goalposts today too. It was wonderful you should have been there!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2014, 07:17 PM
I tore down the goalposts today too. It was wonderful you should have been there!

UNI has a good marching band. They did a good job on Saturday. About twice the size of the NDSU band.

unigriff
November 12th, 2014, 07:40 PM
They have over 300. Biggest its ever been.

clenz
November 12th, 2014, 08:01 PM
UNI has a good marching band. They did a good job on Saturday. About twice the size of the NDSU band.
That's one thing i noticed when i was at the ndsu/Montana game.

I had your band bragged about to me and i was very, very, unimpressed.

Uni fans complain about issues with the band (i am one, and the issues are real) but the band is damn good

PantherRob82
November 12th, 2014, 08:06 PM

You sound like an Iowa fan. That's the worst insult I can think of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quality is the most important thing. NDSU is a good ban too

- - - Updated - - -

Uni fans complain about issues with the band (i am one, and the issues are real) but the band is damn good

I've always enjoyed their band on TV and in person.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2014, 08:06 PM

SDSU has a pretty good marching band also.

NDSU's is mediocre at best.

Thumper 76
November 12th, 2014, 08:13 PM
SDSU has a pretty good marching band also.

NDSU's is mediocre at best.

The Pride of the Dakotas baby

clenz
November 12th, 2014, 08:17 PM
You sound like an Iowa fan. That's the worst insult I can think of.

I've always enjoyed their band on TV and in person.i was going to say the same thing in regards to sounding like an Iowa, or Iowa State fan.

It's not that they were bad... Just not even remotely close to the build up i was given on them... Much like their football team last weekend

NoDak 4 Ever
November 12th, 2014, 08:42 PM
i was going to say the same thing in regards to sounding like an Iowa, or Iowa State fan.

It's not that they were bad... Just not even remotely close to the build up i was given on them... Much like their football team last weekend

Then why rush the field like it was the championship?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2014, 08:47 PM
i was going to say the same thing in regards to sounding like an Iowa, or Iowa State fan.

I bet you enjoyed writing that one...xnodx

Enough has been hashed out on the play in that game. Hopefully the Bison have put that loss behind them and come out and play with some fire at MSU.

clenz
November 12th, 2014, 08:59 PM
<br>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

BisonFan02
November 12th, 2014, 09:11 PM
UNI Football: Paint cans and marching bands

Green1
November 12th, 2014, 09:14 PM
I don't know what is funnier, Bison posters poking Clenz and getting him revved up or Clenz bitching about Bison fans post and then posting in the exact manner he bitches about. Priceless... xscanxxcrazyxxawesomex

clenz
November 12th, 2014, 09:18 PM
I don't know what is funnier, Bison posters poking Clenz and getting him revved up or Clenz bitching about Bison fans post and then posting in the exact manner he bitches about. Priceless... xscanxxcrazyxxawesomex
How exactly am i reved up?

Green1
November 12th, 2014, 09:28 PM
The butt hurt is steming from people still talking about the game and asking questions about calls

When NDSU loses the threads need to be locked instantly, apparently. No further discussion is allowed.

It's in Carbondale.

How exactly am i reved up?

You are right. It's just my imagination. :D

BisonFan02
November 12th, 2014, 09:29 PM
You are right. It's just my imagination. :D

Naw....that's just Clenz. :D

clenz
November 12th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Yeah...

You've never actually seen me revved up.

That is just your imagination.

Go back into hiding now

- - - Updated - - -

Naw....that's just Clenz. :D

This.

I haven't actually been revved up on a message board in a couple years.

You have no idea what "going full clenz" actually is.

BisonFan02
November 12th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Yeah...

Go back into hiding now

"Revved up" Clenz would be aka as "Hawaii Game Thread" Clenz etc. :)

clenz
November 12th, 2014, 09:33 PM
"Revved up" Clenz would be aka as "Hawaii Game Thread" Clenz etc. :)
That's actually pretty damn close.

It's about as close as I've been since...well...maybe the Richmond meltdown in 08 and the complete **** storm that was 2009

clenz
November 12th, 2014, 09:34 PM
I take that back - there were some epic times on CS going back and forth with lakes, jbb, and super hornet.

I can't believe I let myself get sucked into those things back then

Green1
November 12th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Yeah...

Go back into hiding now

- - - Updated - - -

This.

I haven't actually been revved up on a message board in a couple years.

You have no idea what "going full clenz" actually is.

Easy chief, I am just having fun with you. Hate to see you go "Full Clenz" on me. xpeacex

BisonFan02
November 12th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Easy chief, I am just having fun with you. Hate to see you go "Full Clenz" on me. xpeacex

Never go Full Clenz..... xnodx

superman7515
November 12th, 2014, 09:38 PM

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steamcommunity/public/images/avatars/38/38b87a49dcd3e1857a4d32ee31e46ac9abc34735_full.jpg

PantherRob82
November 12th, 2014, 09:54 PM

If clenz rushed the field he jumped the railing and fell 4+ stories. Give the man some respect. :D

Sycamore62
November 12th, 2014, 09:57 PM
My one knock on the UNI dome is that, to rush the field, the first 4 rows are actually on the field to start

clenz
November 12th, 2014, 10:01 PM
My one knock on the UNI dome is that, to rush the field, the first 4 rows are actually on the field to start
?

clenz
November 12th, 2014, 10:01 PM
If clenz rushed the field he jumped the railing and fell 4+ stories. Give the man some respect. :D
I likely wouldn't have lived if i tried to rush from where i watch games from

PantherRob82
November 12th, 2014, 10:10 PM
I likely wouldn't have lived if i tried to rush from where i watch games from

Did you climb down the kicking net like a pirate?

clenz
November 12th, 2014, 10:24 PM
Did you climb down the kicking net like a pirate?

Didn't cross my mind, but if I got a good enough leap from behind the glass I probably could get to the net...

JayJ79
November 12th, 2014, 10:29 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HA_EexAzH3I/UCMboEZSXwI/AAAAAAAAIdo/lSC8VGeI8K8/s400/mallrats-silent-bob-batman.jpg

JayJ79
November 12th, 2014, 10:33 PM
yeah, it really sucks being right on top of the action instead of the first row being 20 yards back from the field. that, and seeing seating on the other side of the field is so cliché
I'm totally jealous of what Indiana State has.

Sycamore62
November 13th, 2014, 09:49 AM
yeah, it really sucks being right on top of the action instead of the first row being 20 yards back from the field. that, and seeing seating on the other side of the field is so cliché
I'm totally jealous of what Indiana State has.

I was talking from a player point of view.

As as a fan, I sit higher anyway. I like the wide camera view.

Hammerhead
November 13th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Here's a photo showing how close the seats are to the sideline. It's from 2008 and was just trying to see if the lines on the turf were not straight across.

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/gjhammer/NDSU%20Football/aaaa.jpg

clenz
November 13th, 2014, 03:41 PM
From the cement ledge to in bounds is maybe 10 feet...maybe.

The cement ledge is about a foot thick and the bottom edge of it is 6' (give or take an inch of two) from the turf.

That is now all covered in padding outside of the 30-30 boxes for safety

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2014, 04:56 PM
It's Thursday and I am still celebrating. Even a random guy at work 2 hours away thought it was an amazing win. xlolx

Sycamore62
November 13th, 2014, 05:22 PM
I wasn't being literal with the sideline.

i haven't been to USD but it looked worse In some places

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2014, 05:24 PM
I wasn't being literal with the sideline.

i haven't been to USD but it looked worse In some places

USD is based off ours but not as big or as nice. I don't think it's as terrible as people say.

Sycamore62
November 13th, 2014, 05:33 PM
USD is based off ours but not as big or as nice. I don't think it's as terrible as people say.

The thing I didn't like was while on the field, I always thought somehow I was going to run into the concrete.

Same me way with our old turf, there used to be asphalt about 5-7 yards out of bounds.

The he reality was that never in my career was I moving fast enough that I couldn't get it shut down in like 3 steps

On on the flip side, I'd take either dome instead of our stadium.

Twentysix
November 13th, 2014, 09:00 PM
It's Thursday and I am still celebrating. Even a random guy at work 2 hours away thought it was an amazing win. xlolx

You should call ESPN, they might want the story. xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2014, 09:33 PM
You should call ESPN, they might want the story. xthumbsupx

I'll send them a tweet. They already did their best to let people know we won.

Trumpster
November 14th, 2014, 08:48 AM

wat

[2 days late to the conversation] NDSU's marching band strives for mediocrity at best.

PantherRob82
November 17th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Did anyone storm the Dome field on Saturday, re-celebrating the NDSU win?

Beating SIU made it even better!

clenz
November 17th, 2014, 06:58 PM

If we beat msu this week I'll rush the field chanting BISSSSSSSSON SUCK

JayJ79
November 17th, 2014, 08:06 PM

I tried, but there were too many highschoolers in the way, what with the playoffs being held in there and all.

PantherRob82
November 17th, 2014, 08:30 PM
I tried, but there were too many highschoolers in the way, what with the playoffs being held in there and all.

You should have stormed the field when their game was over.

We beat the Bison by 20. This deserves a year long celebration.

Bison56
November 17th, 2014, 08:39 PM

I just peed a little.xlolx

Twentysix
November 17th, 2014, 09:27 PM

haahaha

No_Skill
November 17th, 2014, 09:31 PM

What if you don't beat them by more than 35? xpopcornx

clenz
November 17th, 2014, 09:49 PM
What if you don't beat them by more than 35? xpopcornx

I'll stroll onto the field at a leisurely pace saying "Bissssssson are a pretty good team, but UNI beat them" at a reasonable volume.

PantherRob82
November 17th, 2014, 09:52 PM
I'll stroll onto the field at a leisurely pace saying "Bissssssson are a pretty good team, but UNI beat them" at a reasonable volume.

If we lose will you go "full clenz"? :)

No_Skill
November 17th, 2014, 10:07 PM

Nice. xthumbsupx

clenz
November 17th, 2014, 10:10 PM
If we lose will you go "full clenz"? :)

Nah.

I'll probably be so completely speechless...and yet not shocked at all...that I'd probably just walk to my car and sit there for about a half hour before crying my way home.

JayJ79
November 17th, 2014, 10:22 PM

rea"s"onable or rea"z"onable?

Twentysix
November 18th, 2014, 08:33 AM

xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
November 18th, 2014, 08:42 AM
They may have to cancel the game this weekend since I just went and tore down the goalposts and then trotted them to my house chanting Bison Suck all the way home!

Sycamore62
November 18th, 2014, 08:57 AM
They may have to cancel the game this weekend since I just went and tore down the goalposts and then trotted them to my house chanting Bison Suck all the way home!

They need to make those like they used to make those tear away jerseys. Safety purposes.

Tear away goal posts. we'll make hundreds

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2014, 11:38 AM
UNI!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2014, 11:42 AM
You know what you also didn't see/hear? Us complaining at your student section with the overrated chant.

Still not complaining, just making an observation.

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2014, 11:50 AM
You know what you also didn't see/hear? Us complaining at your student section with the overrated chant.

I doubt there many student sections that wouldn't chant that after taking down #1

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2014, 11:51 AM

We were complaining while they were doing it. Idiots. Worst chant ever.

clenz
November 19th, 2014, 11:53 AM
We were complaining while they were doing it. Idiots. Worst chant ever.
If you'd go look at the GDT thread I bitched about it as it was happening - on here.

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2014, 12:00 PM

I'm holding back commenting on what happened down there....if UNI ends up having to make the trip to Fargo, I would end up eating my words because you could probably expect retaliation 10x if the Bison get the W.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2014, 12:05 PM
I'm holding back commenting on what happened down there....if UNI ends up having to make the trip to Fargo, I would end up eating my words because you could probably expect retaliation 10x if the Bison get the W.

Beside the douchey kid a couple rows behind me (which invariably happens), it wasn't too bad. But yeah, they are going to get a pretty ****ty reception in Fargo if that happens.

Sycamore62
November 19th, 2014, 12:07 PM
in past years, Late in the season we storm the field after every game. You cant tell because its only about 40 people left at the game.

clenz
November 19th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Beside the douchey kid a couple rows behind me (which invariably happens), it wasn't too bad. But yeah, they are going to get a pretty ****ty reception in Fargo if that happens.
You act line fargo doesn't have is idiots.

You seem to forget that i have been to a handful of games in Fargo. Trust me, ndsu is no fan base of lovely people.

It's like a bunch of Hawkeye fans

Sycamore62
November 19th, 2014, 12:56 PM

You seem to forget that i have been to a handful of games in Fargo. Trust me, ndsu is no fan base of lovely people.

I saw some last year as they beat our 1 win asses running up the score.

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2014, 01:00 PM

At least our fanbase isn't LITERALLY a bunch of Hawkeye fans. :D

Bisonoline
November 19th, 2014, 01:15 PM

Thats funny because they refer to any type of classless exhibition as typical UNI or ISU behavior.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2014, 01:29 PM

That must be an Iowegian thing because that insult means nothing to me.

penguinpower
November 19th, 2014, 01:38 PM
I think uni may be national title material this year. Thinking they ate the team to beat. Torch may have been passed in the uni dome