PDA

View Full Version : Week 11 (Nov. 8). significant wins/losses

kdinva
November 8th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Win) So Far UNI

Loss) Richmond, maybe Indiana St.

superman7515
November 8th, 2014, 07:28 PM
There's no question that the streak is the biggest story of the week, Delaware has now won back-to-back games.

melloware13
November 8th, 2014, 07:42 PM
In a different way, Houston Baptist did have quite a BIG loss

CHIP72
November 8th, 2014, 07:45 PM
There's no question that the streak is the biggest story of the week.

In a different way, Houston Baptist did have quite a BIG loss

Houston Baptist has a streak of BIG losses too.

In those "other guys" department, some team named Auburn had a big loss too.

RabidRabbit
November 8th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Bucknell's slim play-off hopes were lost vs Fordham.

Bisonwinagn
November 8th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Idaho State over Poly.

chattownmocs
November 8th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Win chattownmocs

Loss haters

veinup
November 8th, 2014, 07:57 PM
a significant loss: montana

FargoBison
November 8th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Win: UNI
Loss: Montana

Southern Bison
November 8th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Win chattownmocs

Loss haters
Interesting...I heard multiple Mocs fans disown you last week in Cullowhee.

chattownmocs
November 8th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Interesting...I heard multiple Mocs fans disown you last week in Cullowhee.

Who. Cares.

jmrepak
November 8th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Win: UNI -if they lost today they would have had to win out and get help to make the field, IMO. Their schedule is incredibly tough, but without this win the best they could have done was 7-5, and a 7 win team is the minimum. I think this win not only keeps their postseason hopes alive, but probably makes the chances pretty good.

Loss- I'll probably take heat for this and I don't like these categories to be the same game, but I have to say NDSU. Not because of the impact to their season so much as the fact that it ends a historic winning streak that would make any program envious. I also hate to say this but Richmond is a damn close second.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Loss is Richmond. I know it was cold and probably snowy in Orono but the Spiders need to win that one. This is the type of games that furthers my assertion that Rocco is a shaky coach...

UNH and 'Nova....they'll be there in the end

Cocky
November 8th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Loss would have to be NDSU because of the streak and "dumb and Dumber" we all now have a chance.

CHIP72
November 8th, 2014, 08:29 PM
I concur the biggest loss of the day in Division I-AA was probably Richmond's. Their loss at Maine almost totally negates they excellent win last week against Villanova.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2014, 08:36 PM
I concur the biggest loss of the day in Division I-AA was probably Richmond's. Their loss at Maine almost totally negates they excellent win last week against Villanova.

I, and many others, still came away still believing that Villanova is/was the better team. It was a 1 point road loss in pretty ugly weather against a good, not great, team.

Richmond has JMU and @ W&M left. The Spiders have their work cut out for them. The Dukes are looking good as the 3rd place CAA team. I believe they beat Richmond at home and take out Elon to finish 9-3....

CHIP72
November 8th, 2014, 08:43 PM
I, and many others, still came away still believing that Villanova is/was the better team. It was a 1 point road loss in pretty ugly weather against a good, not great, team.

Richmond has JMU and @ W&M left. The Spiders have their work cut out for them. The Dukes are looking good as the 3rd place CAA team. I believe they beat Richmond at home and take out Elon to finish 9-3....

I also think Villanova is better than Richmond, and thought that prior to today's results. But the Spiders did outplay the Wildcats last week, and not just in terms of the final score.

mainejeff
November 8th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Loss is Richmond. I know it was cold and probably snowy in Orono but the Spiders need to win that one.

It was about 40 and sunny........no snow in the air or on the field.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2014, 08:50 PM
It was about 40 and sunny........no snow in the air or on the field.

Well 40 is pretty cold by Richmond standards.:D

There was a storm system that brought snow to upstate NY and parts of PA last night. I figured that migrated to Northern New England...

clenz
November 8th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Win... Uni.. Second straight win over an undefeated top 5/10 team. Finally looking like the preseason expectations

Loss.. Haven't looked enough. Early thoughts are Richmond, Montana or isub

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CHIP72
November 8th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Well 40 is pretty cold but Richmond standards.:D

There was a storm system that brought snow to upstate NY and parts of PA last night. I figured that migrated to Northern New England...

There was snow on the ground in Hamilton during today's Lafayette/Colgate game.

mainejeff
November 8th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Well 40 is pretty cold by Richmond standards.:D

Just get tired of the same old weather and/or travel excuses every time that Maine beats someone in Orono.xpeacex Was it an upset?....absolutely. But just maybe a young Maine team is steadily improving and took it to Richmond just a bit today. Maine 3-3 in the CAA.....not exactly URI or Elon. Maine had numerous freshmen starting including true freshmen at QB and RB.:)

tomq04
November 8th, 2014, 11:30 PM
I think the loss has to be Richmond, totally knocks the wind out of those sails. Of course "the streak" is now over, which is a big story, but in terms of season crushing losses...Richmond won't be a top 8 seed any more.

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Pretty sure this week the most significant win and most significant loss can be the same game and there won't be too much bitching...

TheRevSFA
November 9th, 2014, 05:29 AM
Win chattownmocs

Loss haters

It only took app state and Georgia southern leaving the conference for this to happen

Cocky
November 9th, 2014, 06:07 AM
It only took app state and Georgia southern leaving the conference for this to happen
Those two couldn't even make it into a three way tie last year.

MR. CHICKEN
November 9th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Just get tired of the same old weather and/or travel excuses every time that Maine beats someone in Orono.xpeacex Was it an upset?....absolutely. But just maybe a young Maine team is steadily improving and took it to Richmond just a bit today. Maine 3-3 in the CAA.....not exactly URI or Elon. Maine had numerous freshmen starting including true freshmen at QB and RB.:)

20012.......AHHH....JEFFY...JEFFY...JEFFY......DON 'T GET YER HOPE UP......DAT "DUH BEARS" GREW UP......IT WAS UH BEAR TRAP......CAUGHT DUH ARACHNIDS....'TWEEN...'NOVA/JMU........GOOD W DOUGH......:)...BROCK!!

sent from man computer......HAL