PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Chattanooga!

Reign of Terrier
November 8th, 2014, 02:52 PM
On Clinching a Socon title and autobid, congrats to the Mocs!

There may be time left in the Wofford game, but Chattanooga is just the better team today.

I'd like to think the Socon isn't bad as much as it's down, and I think chattanooga is a good team that'll represent the league well in the playoffs. Wofford, Samford, Western and perhaps a healthy Furman (but that may be a stretch?) are a year away from restoring the league to what it was a couple years ago.

Either way, Chattanooga is the undisputed best in my opinion, go for them, they've had it a long time comingxthumbsupx

Bisonator
November 8th, 2014, 02:53 PM
You mean UTC is finally going to make the PO's? Where's chattownmocs, are there gonna be free subs now???:D

centennial
November 8th, 2014, 02:55 PM
You mean UTC is finally going to make the PO's? Where's chattownmocs, are there gonna be free subs now???:D
He is probably celebrating.

catamount man
November 8th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Congrats to the Mocs. Long suffering program, much like WCU, and they deserve it. Good job Mocs!

citdog
November 8th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Mocs had better REPRESENT!

bjtheflamesfan
November 8th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Probably standing in the parking lot screaming STFU expecting everyone on AGS to hear him...

kdinva
November 8th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Good for UTC.......that ends a 30 (?) year drought?

Bisonator
November 8th, 2014, 03:19 PM
He is probably celebrating.

Hope he washes his hand.

dewey
November 8th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Congratulations to the Moc's!

Dewey

longtimemocfan
November 8th, 2014, 03:39 PM

There may be time left in the Wofford game, but Chattanooga is just the better team today.

I'd like to think the Socon isn't bad as much as it's down, and I think chattanooga is a good team that'll represent the league well in the playoffs. Wofford, Samford, Western and perhaps a healthy Furman (but that may be a stretch?) are a year away from restoring the league to what it was a couple years ago.

Either way, Chattanooga is the undisputed best in my opinion, go for them, they've had it a long time comingxthumbsupx

Thanks YT...completely agree with you on The Terriers. Next year your team should be right up there competing for a SoCon championship. Wofford fought hard today. Always a reflection on your head coach who I'm always impressed with year in and year out. His teams are always well coached and the his players always show class on the field. Good game see you next season.

chattanoogamocs
November 8th, 2014, 03:49 PM
I say this every year that Wofford plays in Chattanooga...one of the classiest things I have seen in football is watching the Wofford team all stand and face the opposing teams band (win or lose) while the home team plays the alma mater.

I HAVE BEEN WAITING 30 YEARS TO SAY THIS...

THE MOCS ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!

OL FU
November 11th, 2014, 06:33 AM
I say this every year that Wofford plays in Chattanooga...one of the classiest things I have seen in football is watching the Wofford team all stand and face the opposing teams band (win or lose) while the home team plays the alma mater.

I HAVE BEEN WAITING 30 YEARS TO SAY THIS...

THE MOCS ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!

Sorry about being late to the party. It I has been a busy weekend. But, Congratulations and welcome back (after 30 some years:)) I say that in jest as one of the few on the board OLD enough to remember when UTC was the team to beat in the SoCon.

Again a sincere congratulations.

Fordham
November 11th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Congrats Mocs!

IBleedYellow
November 11th, 2014, 07:02 AM
SEND EM TO FARGO!!!!!!!!!!!

chattownmocs
November 11th, 2014, 07:28 AM
Chattanooga will be a top 8 seed. Bye week, home game.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2014, 07:55 AM

The top 8 seeds (in no particular order)

NDSU
UNH
Coastal Carolina
Jacksonville State
Illinois State
Villanova
Eastern Washgington
and any combination of Fordham, JMU, Youngstown State, or Northern Iowa

That puts at least 11 teams for 8 seeds, none of which are Chatty.

chattownmocs
November 11th, 2014, 08:06 AM
The top 8 seeds (in no particular order)

NDSU
UNH
Coastal Carolina
Jacksonville State
Illinois State
Villanova
Eastern Washgington
and any combination of Fordham, JMU, Youngstown State, or Northern Iowa

That puts at least 11 teams for 8 seeds, none of which are Chatty.

Try again.

JSUBison
November 11th, 2014, 08:52 AM
I thought they should have been in last year, but glad that they left no doubt this year.

TheRevSFA
November 11th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Why would chatty get a seed?

chattownmocs
November 11th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Why would chatty get a seed?

Why would they not? They are 9th or 10th in line right now and the teams ahead of them aren't all running the table.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Why would they not? They are 9th or 10th in line right now and the teams ahead of them aren't all running the table.

Actually even if that scenario happens you are at best a 7 seed against a possible #2 NDSU in Fargo or at worst a 8 seed against #1 NDSU in Fargo.

A lot of possibilities putting your team in Fargo, all of which are delicious.

chattownmocs
November 11th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Actually even if that scenario happens you are at best a 7 seed against a possible #2 NDSU in Fargo or at worst a 8 seed against #1 NDSU in Fargo.

A lot of possibilities putting your team in Fargo, all of which are delicious.

Chattanooga is the same type of team as UNI. They just have a better QB. Dont get too excited.

TheRevSFA
November 11th, 2014, 09:30 AM

Chatty will get a first round home game, but not a bye

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Chattanooga is the same type of team as UNI. They just have a better QB. Dont get too excited.

See? This is why I want this game to happen. You might finally understand how dumb that is.

chattownmocs
November 11th, 2014, 09:40 AM
See? This is why I want this game to happen. You might finally understand how dumb that is.

Why?

Cleets
November 11th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Mocs had better REPRESENT!

Pretty much in the same way a Rodeo clown represents The Rodeo

xcoffeex

Wallace
November 11th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Great accomplishment!

SH_Moc
November 11th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Chattanooga has just one FCS loss to highly ranked Jacksonville State, which by the way was an OT loss. Their other two losses were to FBS opponents. If the Mocs win their last two games they should be in the conversation for a seed based on the fact that other FCS teams have 2 FCS losses.

longtimemocfan
November 11th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Chatty will get a first round home game, but not a bye

Still got some work to do and hope some other teams in front of us lose in order to have a shot at a bye....We do have a good chance at a first round home game.... Know for sure we are putting in a bid to host a first round game.

Wallace
November 11th, 2014, 11:56 AM
I know my old friend and ex-MOC SID Jeff is smiling right now

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2014, 12:09 PM

xlolx

UTC will not sniff a top 8 seed.

SH_Moc
November 11th, 2014, 04:55 PM
xlolx

What are your predictions for the 8 seeds?

chattanoogamocs
November 11th, 2014, 05:21 PM
I know my old friend and ex-MOC SID Jeff is smiling right now

Yeah, Jeff Romero is still close to the program...he is just a few miles from campus...he is now the Athletics Director of the McCallie School here in town.

chattanoogamocs
November 11th, 2014, 05:24 PM
xlolx

If UTC wins it's last two games convincingly, I think they have just as good a shot at the 8th seed as a number of other teams.

Don't let your love of trashing all things chattown cloud your judgment.

chattanoogamocs
November 11th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Sorry about being late to the party. It I has been a busy weekend. But, Congratulations and welcome back (after 30 some years:)) I say that in jest as one of the few on the board OLD enough to remember when UTC was the team to beat in the SoCon.

Again a sincere congratulations.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to OL FU again.

MartletCat
November 11th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Big congrats to UTC, and proof that the right staff and hard work really does pay off. Represent The SoCon well in the playoffs!!
Also, I would sincerely like to see Chatty and NDSU play each other, especially after meeting a few Bison fans this past season. Think it would be a good matchup.

catamount man
November 11th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Again, congrats to the Mocs.

SU DOG
November 12th, 2014, 08:42 AM
This Chatty team is much better than most outside of the SoCon realize. Here's wishing them good luck in the playoffs - GO MOCS!