PDA

View Full Version : James Madison at Stony Brook

Uncle Buck
November 8th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Didn't see a thread on this, but the qb for JMU is the most elusive kid I've seen in a long time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Uncle Buck
November 8th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Chuck Priore will be the reason why sbu loses this game. Enough said.

Uncle Buck
November 8th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Chuck Priore is terrible and lost this game with horse**** play calling at the end. Credit to JMU, but SBU gave this away. Get rid of Priore, gifting games is becoming way too common now.

kdinva
November 8th, 2014, 03:22 PM
CAA race even tighter w/the JMU win and UR loss.......Dukes at UR next week, most likely (but not guaranteed) loser stays home in December.........

JMU2004
November 8th, 2014, 03:41 PM
JMU came out slow, and really turned it up in the 2nd half.

SBU is NDSU-like in their game plan, and JMU doesn't match up to power teams. Good adjustments started after the half.

Oh...and the CAA refs. Don't even get me started. All day long throwing flags on JMU, and missing EVERYTHING SBU did. SBU held a ton, got away with two blatant PFs (late hit out of bounds and a face mask that actually INJURED our RB). Took away a TD for an absolute phantom call. I hate to sound like this, but they were horrible.

jmufan999
November 8th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Oh...and the CAA refs. Don't even get me started. All day long throwing flags on JMU, and missing EVERYTHING SBU did. SBU held a ton, got away with two blatant PFs (late hit out of bounds and a face mask that actually INJURED our RB). Took away a TD for an absolute phantom call. I hate to sound like this, but they were horrible.

yep.

and i give a lot of credit to this coaching staff. we've come back from deficits several times now, the team just never gives up. made some good halftime adjustments this year.

Uncle Buck
November 8th, 2014, 03:47 PM
There were some bad calls and say what you will, SBU gave this game away with poor play calling. Good win for you, but this should have been an L. Also, the TD that got called back you scored on the next play so it's not like you're missing points. You know what missing points are, being stuffed from the 2 after running the same play up the middle three straight times! Then on 4th, instead of taking the 3 to go up 7, you run fake FG? If Priore wanted to go on 4th, go from the 2! That play lost it, well, that and the 10 drops we had on numerous possessions leaving us with 3rd and longs instead of 1st and 10's.

JMU2004
November 8th, 2014, 04:00 PM
There were some bad calls and say what you will, SBU gave this game away with poor play calling. Good win for you, but this should have been an L

I thought SBU had us perfectly schemed. They playaction was they ALL day, and the fake punt was huge.

I agree that the Fake FG was not wise, but I see why he did it. Ya'll consistently ran the ball right at us. No reason to think you could get 2 yards and take the lead.

Uncle Buck
November 8th, 2014, 04:06 PM
I thought SBU had us perfectly schemed. They playaction was they ALL day, and the fake punt was huge.

I agree that the Fake FG was not wise, but I see why he did it. Ya'll consistently ran the ball right at us. No reason to think you could get 2 yards and take the lead.

I had to add to my other post, but the fake fg killed me. Just line it up and go for it, don't run a fake play from the 2. JMU no doubt battled all day for the win, but Priore always does this to us, he craps the bed with play calling when we need it most. Story of this season.

JMU2004
November 8th, 2014, 04:18 PM
SBU did have some crucial drops on WIDE OPEN pass plays.

We had to sell out to stop the run, and therefore the 5-15 yard passes were there all day. #44 had a field day.

Uncle Buck
November 8th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Yeah, 2nd half the run wasn't there as much so passing was huge but the drops hurt. The one thing that was good to see, our qb for the most part threw the ball well. That kid should have started all year. Your qb is ridiculous, I've never seen anyone with that type of escapability, he is an insane athlete.