PDA

View Full Version : Fordham at Bucknell Game Thread

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 06:46 PM
The game is being televised live on CBS Sports Network. Many of you probably do not even get this station (long story).

The game is tied 10-10 with 5 minutes to go... Bucknell just drove down the field for a FG... each team has scored on their last two drives.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 7th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Lauletta has looked real sharp. This looks real interesting.

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Near BU INT on Fordham's 1st down at the 25.

- - - Updated - - -

Likely PL ROY Chase Edmonds being shut down so far.

- - - Updated - - -

INT Bison at the 40! QB threw it right to the LB

Lehigh Football Nation
November 7th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Just got even more interesting with that awful INT by Maetzold

RichH2
November 7th, 2014, 06:53 PM
So far BU backup better than FUs. Another INT for BU.

ace93
November 7th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Near BU INT on Fordham's 1st down at the 25.

- - - Updated - - -

Likely PL ROY Chase Edmonds being shut down so far.

- - - Updated - - -

INT Bison at the 40! QB threw it right to the LB

Yep, except for his touchdown. And his 40 or so yards.

beauregardrippit
November 7th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Grease Fire in food concession due to heavy volume of fans! Too many burgers on the grill!

Smoked pours out of the food concession onto the field which delayed some of the game.

All is well, Fire Fighters are on the seen!

JoltinJoe
November 7th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Fordham leading 17-10. Edmonds out. Hopefully he'll be back in the 2d half.

BucBisonAtLarge
November 7th, 2014, 07:35 PM
This game has been a lot of fun so far and the Bison are right in it. The longer the Bison stay in contact, the confidence will propel them.

DFW HOYA
November 7th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Attendance: not good.

Then again, a small crowd also over at ESPNU, with the age-old rivalry that is Memphis at Temple.

Lehigh'98
November 7th, 2014, 07:41 PM
The halftime announcers referred to NDSU as the Jackrabbits. Quality work!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Attendance: not good.

Then again, a small crowd also over at ESPNU, with the age-old rivalry that is Memphis at Temple.

Yeah people in Philly are not clamoring for Memphis football on a Friday night. Having to deal with the Bulls-Sixers game next door doesn't help either.

We'll draw pretty well for the Cincinnati game. I'm pumped for the PSU game next week!

JoltinJoe
November 7th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Well, that first down was a gift from the officials. Ridiculous.

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Tie game! 17-17

- - - Updated - - -

This game has been a lot of fun so far and the Bison are right in it. The longer the Bison stay in contact, the confidence will propel them.

I must admit that I am reading the paper while the game is on in the background xcoffeex

Bison56
November 7th, 2014, 07:59 PM

Yeah heard that also.xeyebrowx

Lehigh'98
November 7th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Very dangerous game for Fordham to lose. An at large isn't guaranteed.

URMite
November 7th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Lauletta has looked real sharp. This looks real interesting.

I prefer his little brother. :p

FargoBison
November 7th, 2014, 08:08 PM

That was not good, but I'll take CBS Sports Network over the ESPN FBS lovefest we always see whenever they do a game.

LehighU11
November 7th, 2014, 08:37 PM
I prefer his little brother. :p
They both were the successors to Pat Devlin, the former Penn State/Delaware/Miami Dolphins QB, at Downingtown East.

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 08:38 PM
That was not good, but I'll take CBS Sports Network over the ESPN FBS lovefest we always see whenever they do a game.

Yeah, give CBS credit, they don't talk about FBS during the game.. halftime a different story.

- - - Updated - - -

WHOA!!! FUMBLE! Bison ball on the FU 15!

The referee is down!

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Bison RB is what? 5'7?

Bison56
November 7th, 2014, 08:41 PM
Yeah, give CBS credit, they don't talk about FBS during the game.. halftime a different story.

- - - Updated - - -

WHOA!!! FUMBLE! Bison ball on the FU 15!

The referee is down!

You got to keep your head on a swivel. :D

kdinva
Bison RB is what? 5'7?

something like that........he gave VMI fits.

Lehigh'98
Huge play from Bison D. Fumble recovery that could win the game. Sack as well. All the credit to Bucknell, but I don't think Fordham is this once in a generation team people are saying (mainly PL apologists). I know they have Nebrich out, but they are getting pushed around up front. Will be a huge problem if they get in the playoffs.

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Killer penalty for BU! 15 yards, now on the edge of FG range.

Lehigh'98
November 7th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Terrible penalty from Bucknell

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 08:43 PM
3:21 to play... announcers talking football 101 here... oye...

kdinva
November 7th, 2014, 08:44 PM
TD!!! great call, better execution.

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 08:44 PM
TD!!! 3rd and 21! 28yrd score!

- - - Updated - - -

TD!!! great call, better execution.

Yes, heckuva catch!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Wow! Can the Bison hold on!

Lehigh'98
November 7th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Buck f'ing Nell

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Good God! A Phil Swift Christmas commercial... Kill... me...

- - - Updated - - -

Buck f'ing Nell

I usually refer to them as F_cknell, but whatever floats your boat!

Bison56
November 7th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Nice throw and catch for the td. Plenty of time left for Fordham to get a drive.

ColgateTD
November 7th, 2014, 08:47 PM
24-17 Bison - 3 min to go

Go Lehigh TU owl
Here's Fordham's chance. Can one of their playmakers step up?

Pard4Life
This Phil Swift Christmas commercial has not ended... seriously 2 minutes+... probably cost $100 to air on this third-class network...

kdinva
November 7th, 2014, 08:48 PM
I know it's cold, Friday nite, etc........a shame there is not 11,000 or so in attendance.

kdinva
November 7th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Here's Fordham's chance. Can one of their playmakers step up?

there's a fine run....

FargoBison
Wow that was a quick score but maybe too quick....

Catsfan90
This Phil Swift Christmas commercial has not ended... seriously 2 minutes+... probably cost $100 to air on this third-class network...
The excitement from that woman unwrapping a can of liquid rubber was priceless

kdinva
that didn't take long.......looked like Oregon on that drive...

Pard4Life
If Edmonds is not PL OPY... I don't know who... Nebrich?

TD FU! TIE GAME!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2014, 08:51 PM
I know it's cold, Friday nite, etc........a shame there is not 11,000 or so in attendance.

It's tough....Lewisburg is a sleepy little town, about 5,500 total population and Bucknell only has about 3,700 students.....

Bison56
November 7th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Wow what happen to the d?

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 08:52 PM
"... Fordham fans who made the trek from New York"... as they zero in on the Edmonds family from nearby Harrisburg.

ColgateTD
November 7th, 2014, 08:53 PM
..but now the Rams D have to stop the Bison O.

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 08:53 PM
That was a nice return... tough hill here to climb

kdinva
November 7th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Fordham's d-line playing w/a purpose..........4th and 13; 0:24 to play

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Likely looking at OT here

kdinva
November 7th, 2014, 09:01 PM
"Free" football.......maybe another Bill Swift commercial?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2014, 09:02 PM
2 straight OT games for the Bison...

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Well, Bucknell will not be facing Lafayette's incompetent offense despite the claims of the telecast crew...

- - - Updated - - -

"Free" football.......maybe another Bill Swift commercial?

It's tempting but this has been an exciting second half.

kdinva
November 7th, 2014, 09:06 PM
looked like a weak; "I'm in a hurry" coin toss............Bucknell on offense first..

kdinva
November 7th, 2014, 09:10 PM
you cannot take the sack there.......45 yard FG att.

- - - Updated - - -

good........27-24

blackbeard
November 7th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Anyone with a link for where to watch?

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Wow, 44 yrd FG... good! 27-24 BU in OT, but likely FU's game here...

Go Lehigh TU owl
Bucknell needed a TD there. Advantage Rams...

Pard4Life
Anyone with a link for where to watch?

Sorry, it's on CBSN ... TV..

FargoBison
November 7th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Huge completion there....

kdinva
that's how to avoid the sack.......inside the 11

Pard4Life
Oh man! BU had him there! Likely TD here

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Ugh, I wanna throw-up

kdinva
fordham wins........bucknell DB looked like he stumbled......a shame someone had to lose.

Fordham
Oh wow.

Great game, Bucknell

Vooter
Jesus...!!!

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Jesus...!!!

Sorry, He is a Notre Dame fan.

Lehigh'98
Easily GOY in PL and FU is in the playoffs!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
Congrats to Fordham. This is two years in a row that Bucknell had their chances to beat Fordham. If nothing else, Fordham, with Nebrich, IS the PL's best chance to advance in the playoffs....

FargoBison
November 7th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Fun game to watch, congrats to Fordham.

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Fordham is the real winner... they get to interview with Melanie Collins.

Vooter
November 7th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Sorry, He is a Notre Dame fan.

We'll take him for one play...:D

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Tebucky Jones Jr. = the LeBron of CBSN... they are ALWAYS talking about Tebucky!

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 09:21 PM
And now... after the PL GOTY... comes the rec league pee-wee games for your entertainment! HC-Lehigh! Colgate-LC!

Fordham
November 7th, 2014, 09:24 PM
So impressed with Bucknell. Tough, gritty team. Very well coached.

Love the character we showed in coming from behind to tie and also to win in O/T.

Great, great game. Much respect, Bucknell

JoltinJoe
November 7th, 2014, 09:25 PM
So impressed with Bucknell. Tough, gritty team. Very well coached.

Love the character we showed in coming from behind to tie and also to win in O/T.

Great, great game. Much respect, Bucknell

Bucknell was as tough as we expected.

Is your blood pressure anywhere near normal yet?

ace93
November 7th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Very impressed with Bucknell tonight. Solid, took care of things, and did not get mixed up in any shenanigans other than that one critical penalty.

Ramblin' Man
November 7th, 2014, 09:28 PM
With another year of schollies, Bucknell is going to be very tough to beat next season.

penguinpower
November 7th, 2014, 09:29 PM
What does this say?

Ramblin' Man
November 7th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Very impressed with Bucknell tonight. Solid, took care of things, and did not get mixed up in any shenanigans other than that one critical penalty.

Very few penalties on either side. A cleanly played game, the best I've seen this year. Our Rams have had penalty issues this season, but not in the last two games.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2014, 09:31 PM
What does this say?

That the GOY in PL was just that and Fordham is the first team in the playoffs....

penguinpower
November 7th, 2014, 09:33 PM
That the GOY in PL was just that and Fordham is the first team in the playoffs....

Good point. Is Fordham as good as the record?

Lehigh'98
November 7th, 2014, 09:33 PM
What does this say?

You really despise all football not MVFC, don't you?

BucBisonAtLarge
November 7th, 2014, 09:34 PM
With another year of schollies, Bucknell is going to be very tough to beat next season.

It seems as though 2015 recruiting is going well, too- 17 commits to date, according to the Bucknell Board.

Congratulations, Fordham on a gut-check win. That was textbook football on both sides of the line by both teams.

Take care of Georgetown and give Army hell. The Bison have everything to play for in these final two games, too.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2014, 09:34 PM

I have no idea. They might be the biggest wildcard when the playoffs start. Their game against Army to finish the year will tell more. Nebrich is expected to return for that one....

Ramblin' Man
November 7th, 2014, 09:40 PM

Of course, I'm not unbiased, but this was a game that showed the Rams' character at its very best. Are we as good as our record? We'll find out in the playoffs.

BucBisonAtLarge
November 7th, 2014, 09:41 PM
I keep thinking that if the Bison win out, they might get a shot at a playoff game at Stambaugh, Penguinpower. Y-town is 3 short hours for Bucknell. I married a YSU grad, but we have not had a football match-up to watch yet.

ColgateTD
November 7th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Very impressed by the 'Nell. Gonna be a real tough game for 'Gate down the road.

penguinpower
November 7th, 2014, 10:16 PM
You really despise all football not MVFC, don't you?

No, no taking this the wrong way. I planned on watching the game but got tied up late at work and got home really late. I just expected a large margin of victory. I don't understand what happened and did not expect this outcome. Wtf happened?

LehighU11
November 7th, 2014, 10:26 PM
No, no taking this the wrong way. I planned on watching the game but got tied up late at work and got home really late. I just expected a large margin of victory. I don't understand what happened and did not expect this outcome. Wtf happened?
Two reasons this wasn't a blowout. 1) Bucknell is well-coached and is not the same doormat that they've been for most of the past 15 or so years and 2) Fordham's star Sr. QB had an appendectomy last week and is out for several weeks.

penguinpower
November 7th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Two reasons this wasn't a blowout. 1) Bucknell is well-coached and is not the same doormat that they've been for most of the past 15 or so years and 2) Fordham's star Sr. QB had an appendectomy last week and is out for several weeks.

10-4. I have a lot of disgust for MVFC playoff selectionso but I am in tune with everyone else as well. Don't take me the wrong way. It is difficult for people to truly understand each other via text communication so it would appear I only care about how the MVFC will do but that is not the case. I wanted to see Fordham to see if they paso the eye test for me. I get that a team cannot play at the highest level every week as well

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2014, 11:03 PM

Before the season started, we all circled the Bucknell game as really the only team that could give Fordham a run in the league (Lafayette maybe too, before we became a joke). The Bison pushed the Rams to the brink last year and nearly stole the game. They are indeed well coached and execute well. I can see why non-PL people would be shocked by this game given Fordham's rank, but we were aware it was going to be close. Bucknell is 7-2 after all. Oh yeah, the PL has only three OOC wins over winning teams... just sayin..

bison137
November 7th, 2014, 11:10 PM

Although to to be fair, I think it mattered that Bucknell was missing (a) its All-PL RB who is a major breakaway threat; (b) its All-PL DB; (c) its starting QB who has had a very good year; (d) two of its top three WRs; (e) an important DT. Etc. If the offense was healthy I think Fordham would have needed a couple more TDs to win.

Ramblin' Man
November 7th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Although to to be fair, I think it mattered that Bucknell was missing (a) its All-PL RB who is a major breakaway threat; (b) its All-PL DB; (c) its starting QB who has had a very good year; (d) two of its top three WRs; (e) an important DT. Etc. If the offense was healthy I think Fordham would have needed a couple more TDs to win.

Agreed. And against the Bison defense, that would have been one very tall order.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 7th, 2014, 11:25 PM

I would add 3) Bucknell's run defense held a Payton Award candidate to under 100 yards rushing (I am pretty sure) and 4) Bucknell managed to hold onto the ball for three or four sustained drives that ended in scores.

- - - Updated - - -

All I know is after watching this game, if Bucknell goes 9-2 they should be in the field.

32counter
November 8th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Don't see Bucknell getting in as an at large.Wish it were so but ain't going to happen.PL is an AQ only league.There are many more than 13 teams which are better than the Bison who are in the non AQ,at large potentials column.Maybe next year.

kalm
November 8th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Bucknell seems like they need to expand the play book a bit, especially in the run game. Both offenses appeared slow in getting rid of the ball and the lines were pushed around quite a bit.

That being said, I was impressed with the size and athleticism - especially at receiver and LB.

Fordham looks like a playoff team. Bucknell is closer than I expected.

FordhamFan
November 8th, 2014, 08:41 AM
What a game! Froze my butt off but watched the Rams win a PL title! First of all, I really can't comment enough at how impressed I was with Bucknell. They are a tough team. Maybe not the most talented, but they will grind you out.

A few things:

- I just want to be clear at how much better Nebrich is than Maetzold. That game would have been much much different had Nebrich played last night. There were countless times Maetzold held the ball too long, didn't recognize a blitz, etc.. and as a result, that game was damned close. Not taking anything away from Bucknell, but Nebrich operates the offense on a much higher level and handles pressure much better than Maetzold. You could see Nebrich stewing on the sideline as it looked like the season was going up in flames.

- That being said, never been happier for anyone more than Peter Maetzold. That kid had his job taken and watched as all of his classmates succeeded on a team he was supposed to lead, but instead of feeling sorry for himself, he never made a peep and prepared himself for times like last week and last night. Every kid should be like Pete. I am so glad to see him succeed.

- Bucknell's front seven are fearsome. Youngblood and Beyer are real deals. Those two made plays that had my eyes opening wide. That front seven are for real and you can easily see why the defense has been so successful this year for the Bison. I think the defensive backfield is pretty weak, but luckily they're usually getting enough pressure to make that irrelevant.

- Receiver number 18 for Bucknell Carter is unreal as well. He made our corners look silly. Fordham played a ton of man, and it helped in stopping the run, but the Rams got burned on a few QB scrambles and just flat out beat by many routes. It was worrying.

- Edmonds finshed with just over 100 yards and 2 TDs...and it felt like he had a bad day. Just a testament to that kid's success.

- As fun as it is to pummel most of your opponents, last night's game was an absolute blast. The excitement made the cold disappear and it was a pleasure to see both teams compete in such an epic battle. Glad the Rams came out on top.

ColgateTD
November 8th, 2014, 09:16 AM
What a game! Froze my butt off but watched the Rams win a PL title! First of all, I really can't comment enough at how impressed I was with Bucknell. They are a tough team. Maybe not the most talented, but they will grind you out.

A few things:

- I just want to be clear at how much better Nebrich is than Maetzold. That game would have been much much different had Nebrich played last night. There were countless times Maetzold held the ball too long, didn't recognize a blitz, etc.. and as a result, that game was damned close. Not taking anything away from Bucknell, but Nebrich operates the offense on a much higher level and handles pressure much better than Maetzold. You could see Nebrich stewing on the sideline as it looked like the season was going up in flames.

- That being said, never been happier for anyone more than Peter Maetzold. That kid had his job taken and watched as all of his classmates succeeded on a team he was supposed to lead, but instead of feeling sorry for himself, he never made a peep and prepared himself for times like last week and last night. Every kid should be like Pete. I am so glad to see him succeed.

- Bucknell's front seven are fearsome. Youngblood and Beyer are real deals. Those two made plays that had my eyes opening wide. That front seven are for real and you can easily see why the defense has been so successful this year for the Bison. I think the defensive backfield is pretty weak, but luckily they're usually getting enough pressure to make that irrelevant.

- Receiver number 18 for Bucknell Carter is unreal as well. He made our corners look silly. Fordham played a ton of man, and it helped in stopping the run, but the Rams got burned on a few QB scrambles and just flat out beat by many routes. It was worrying.

- Edmonds finshed with just over 100 yards and 2 TDs...and it felt like he had a bad day. Just a testament to that kid's success.

- As fun as it is to pummel most of your opponents, last night's game was an absolute blast. The excitement made the cold disappear and it was a pleasure to see both teams compete in such an epic battle. Glad the Rams came out on top.

+1

Lehigh'98
November 8th, 2014, 09:19 AM
I keep thinking that if the Bison win out, they might get a shot at a playoff game at Stambaugh, Penguinpower. Y-town is 3 short hours for Bucknell. I married a YSU grad, but we have not had a football match-up to watch yet.

I always hoped for a Lehigh matchup with them as well as I grew up there, but it has never happened. Makes all the sense, especially for Bucknell.

Vooter
November 8th, 2014, 09:45 AM

What difference does it make?

bison137
November 8th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Bucknell seems like they need to expand the play book a bit, especially in the run game. Both offenses appeared slow in getting rid of the ball and the lines were pushed around quite a bit. That being said, I was impressed with the size and athleticism - especially at receiver and LB. Fordham looks like a playoff team. Bucknell is closer than I expected.They have an expanded playbook - but were missing their starting QB and an All-PL RB, which reduced the number of plays they could use dramatically. Williams is a breakaway threat and has unbelievable ability to see the play develop and adjust quickly.

bison137
November 8th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Bison RB is what? 5'7?
something like that........he gave VMI fits.He is 5-7 tops. Maybe shorter. He did have his career-best game vs VMI, but even then he wasn't the big Bison running threat. In that game, CJ Williams had 164 yards on 17 carries and also 2 TDs. Williams' injury at the start of the game last night was an immense one for the Bison. I suspect he may be out for the season.

The Boogie Down
November 8th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I've never liked Bucknell. They had no business beating us in 2003, 2004, 2007 and 2008. Even in the '90s, before Georgetown came along and we were the league's bottom feeders, they smothered us in years where we probably shoulda taken a win or two. I thought we had finally closed that chapter last year in what was undeniably the most memorable ending to a game (at any level) that I've ever witnessed in person. But last night, there they were again, reverting back to a script Ram fans are all too familiar with. Every year I learn to like Bucknell less and respect them more. With the recruiting class a coach named Sue has coming in, I suspect no changes in the years to come.

citdog
November 8th, 2014, 12:18 PM
So how many spots does mighty fordham fall in the polls this week? 10?

Lehigh'98
November 8th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Fordham or Bucknell win SoCon going away this year!!

FordhamFan
November 8th, 2014, 12:33 PM

Dude the SoCon is awful. And so is the Patriot League.

citdog
November 8th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Fordham or Bucknell win SoCon going away this year!!

The yankee bison could barely beat VMI.......

citdog
November 8th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Dude the SoCon is awful. And so is the Patriot League.

You know you fellers, read your 1% richy parents, pay 65,000 dollars a year for your "almost, but not quite, ivy league education" and yet you can't answer a simple question. Who was speaking of the Southern Conference? If you look at my query it was a simple one. "How many spots in the polls will mighty fordham fall this week?"

JoltinJoe
November 8th, 2014, 12:42 PM
You know you fellers, read your 1% richy parents, pay 65,000 dollars a year for your "almost, but not quite, ivy league education" and yet you can't answer a simple question. Who was speaking of the Southern Conference? If you look at my query it was a simple one. "How many spots in the polls will mighty fordham fall this week?"

A better question: by how many touchdowns would Fordham beat The Citadel? Over 4, no doubt.

citdog
November 8th, 2014, 12:44 PM
A better question: by how many touchdowns would Fordham beat The Citadel? Over 4, no doubt.

Again.....NOT answering the question.......

Lehigh'98
November 8th, 2014, 12:45 PM
How many do most top teams fall when they win a close road game against ranked team minus starting qb? Generally not many.

citdog
November 8th, 2014, 12:46 PM
How many do most top teams fall when they win a close road game against ranked team minus starting qb? Generally not many.

EWU did.....

JoltinJoe
November 8th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Again.....NOT answering the question.......

No change. Maybe up a spot or two if teams ahead of Fordham lose.

FordhamFan
November 8th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Agreed. Bet they stay right at 9.

citdog
November 8th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Agreed. Bet they stay right at 9.

Not in the most accurate poll they won't because they haven't reached that mark....

FordhamFan
November 8th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Not in the most accurate poll they won't because they haven't reached that mark....

Oh yeah, the AGS people will probably keep them around wherever they were. I honestly don't really think much of the AGS poll personally because just like the TSN or Coaches, I'm 1000% sure the voters watch their team and maybe a local team or two, maybe a big game, but they are all voting with minimal knowledge. So I really don't put much stock into it.

But yeah I think they'll stay where they are, maybe a spot up or down depending on other games.

citdog
November 8th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Oh yeah, the AGS people will probably keep them around wherever they were. I honestly don't really think much of the AGS poll personally because just like the TSN or Coaches, I'm 1000% sure the voters watch their team and maybe a local team or two, maybe a big game, but they are all voting with minimal knowledge. So I really don't put much stock into it.

But yeah I think they'll stay where they are, maybe a spot up or down depending on other games.

The AGS Poll is the best of them all. If you don't respect your fellow posters why do you post here? Perhaps you should quit.

FordhamFan
November 8th, 2014, 01:51 PM
The AGS Poll is the best of them all. If you don't respect your fellow posters why do you post here? Perhaps you should quit.

It's not a respect thing, more so I know all of these guys have lives and can't possibly watch that much football. You can check a box score or two, but everyone here has a life outside of FCS football, myself included.

citdog
November 8th, 2014, 01:52 PM
It's not a respect thing, more so I know all of these guys have lives and can't possibly watch that much football. You can check a box score or two, but everyone here has a life outside of FCS football, myself included.

I think you just aren't much of a fan. Our guys do a better job than those who get PAID to do it. You should pay more attention.

Lehigh'98
November 8th, 2014, 02:09 PM
I think you just aren't much of a fan. Our guys do a better job than those who get PAID to do it. You should pay more attention.

Guys do spend a ridiculous amount of time on it for something that is nice to have, but ultimately doesn't carry much weight.

citdog
November 8th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Guys do spend a ridiculous amount of time on it for something that is nice to have, but ultimately doesn't carry much weight.

SOME things you do because you can do them better. The kids deserve better than what the other polls give them. If you patsy league boys don't want to participate that's just fine. We don't need you.

Lehigh'98
November 8th, 2014, 02:15 PM
SOME things you do because you can do them better. The kids deserve better than what the other polls give them. If you patsy league boys don't want to participate that's just fine. We don't need you.

I respect the poll, just don't have the time to do the work required with a newborn. Like I said, it's nice to have.

Ramblin' Man
November 8th, 2014, 05:10 PM

I don't understand why YOU post in Patriot League threads, unless it's just to troll. Everyone knows how you feel about this league.

Now go back to your day job as overseer at the plantation.

Engineer86
November 8th, 2014, 05:53 PM
I don't understand why YOU post in Patriot League threads, unless it's just to troll. Everyone knows how you feel about this league.

He hates Lehigh specifically and the Patriot League generally. It is an infierioty complex. Don't worry the puppy does not bite.

LehighU11
November 8th, 2014, 07:08 PM

I'm with citdog, here. I'd be surprised if the voters for TSN/Coaches' Poll (which comes from the SI guys at many schools anyways) were as informed of the national FCS landscape as the members of AGS that take the time each week to cast our ballots. From last year's list of 43 voters with poll perfection, many are frequent and educated posters on this site. For the most part, they are knowledgeable about the other conferences and programs within the subdivision. They seek more info on particular teams that they don't get to watch or haven't seen in the past. I doubt you get that level of research and interest from other polls.

Interesting stat: of the 43 voters with poll perfection in 2013, at least two dozen were fans representing 3 teams: NDSU, Delaware, and Lehigh.

ngineer
November 8th, 2014, 08:46 PM
I watched the game last night and thought both teams played well. Considering both were playing without their starting QBs, Redmonds was playing hurt, and BU was without Williams, as well as their nice DT who go hurt last week. It was great knockdown fight to the end. Congrats to both teams. Also, kudos to the Bison for the bison-chip bonfire they ignited to distract the Rams! (;-). Fordham will remain about the same in the poll. Winning on the road against a team that was greatly amped showed FU's resiliency. Not the same team without Nebrich. Hopefully, he and Redmonds are healed up for the playoffs.

Go...gate
November 9th, 2014, 11:54 PM

I have always wanted to be a voter but did not believe I knew enough about ALL of FCS to participate.

HoyaMetanoia
November 10th, 2014, 01:28 AM

You're posting like your team is any good. The Citadel participates is the playoffs almost as rarely as the Ivy League.

citdog
November 10th, 2014, 11:22 AM
You're posting like your team is any good. The Citadel participates is the playoffs almost as rarely as the Ivy League.

ONE more time, I WAY overpaid for my obviously overrated education fellers, we were not discussing The Citadel. We were discussing the polls. TRY and keep up.......

citdog
November 10th, 2014, 11:24 AM

Troll.....ME? You OBVIOUSLY have me mixed up with someone else. I VALUE each and EVERY one of y'all and your opinion. As far as overseeing we historically hired someone of YOUR social class and blood to do that particular job.

Fordham
November 10th, 2014, 11:48 AM

I think we would have dropped 3 or 4 spots had the 3 schools right behind us in last week's standings not lost. I think that having a few schools ranked right in front of us also lose means they will likely drop behind us. Since beating Bucknell in OT won't be viewed as a good win by most, though, schools like UNI will almost undoubtedly leapfrog us - at least they did in my poll as that was a helluva win.

Long, short - if this was a normal week we would have dropped a few spots imo but it was really a goofy week and I think we're going to hold steady although I won't be shocked if we end up + 1 or 2 or -1 or 2 from last week.

minus 10 I don't see happening so I'd be more than happy to lay a wager on that with you if you want to stand behind it. At the end of the day, though, none of these polls matter for us as we're now in the playoffs and that's where we'll show how worthy we are. Our chance to make a run at a bye or a top, top ranking was left on the field at 'Nova.

NY Crusader 2010
November 10th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Our chance to make a run at a bye or a top, top ranking was left on the field at 'Nova.

As embarrassing as that game was, if Fordham beats Georgetown and Army they still may have a fighting chance of being in the Top 8. Are they one of the Top 8 teams in the country? I think not but I also don't think the margin of victory of their 'Nova loss should be a factor in seeding. I'm of the belief that a win should be a win and a loss should be a loss when it comes to determining seeds and byes. If Fordham goes 11-1 with an FBS win and only loss is to another top 10 team, it could be argued they deserve a bye.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2014, 03:28 PM
If Fordham goes 10-1 and doesn't get a 1st round bye I will be the first to scream bloody murder. They're Top 8 in AGS and with two wins they would certainly be no worse than 8th.

The Boogie Down
November 10th, 2014, 04:50 PM
If Fordham goes 10-1 and doesn't get a 1st round bye I will be the first to scream bloody murder. They're Top 8 in AGS and with two wins they would certainly be no worse than 8th.

Hear, hear! Beating Georgetown ain't helping our SoS any. Depending on what others do, that might drop us down a spot. Not likely but a possibility. But beating Army @ West Point too? That should unquestionably get us back in the 8 spot. If not 8th then maybe 7th, but certainly somewhere in position for a bye.

citdog
November 10th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Hear, hear! Beating Georgetown ain't helping our SoS any. Depending on what others do, that might drop us down a spot. Not likely but a possibility. But beating Army @ West Point too? That should unquestionably get us back in the 8 spot. If not 8th then maybe 7th, but certainly somewhere in position for a bye.

why do all of y'all think hudson high would be a huge win for you? you're like the 6th patsy leaguer to say that.

Sader87
November 10th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Fordham winning at Army would be a decent win. Army is hardly good (for an FBS team) but they aren't horrific either. They are 3-6 with wins ovah Buffalo, Ball St and UConn. Army is probably in the #15-25 range of FCS teams week to week....not saying much for Army I know, but they are still a pretty good team if you view them as an FCS team.