PDA

View Full Version : YSU @ ISU (r) Battle for 2nd

ysubigred
November 5th, 2014, 07:08 AM
xeyebrowx YSU coming off a scare at the hands of SD and ISU(r) trying to bounce back after a skull dragging from UNI who wants it more? xdrunkyx

YSU wins 31-27 xbowx

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2014, 07:15 AM
We don't see YSU this year so I haven't been following much outside of scores. Letting USD hang around surprised me.

Illinois State didn't impress me much. If you follow the UNI threads I have stated that I never felt so down about our team after a big win like that.

What's the injury report looking like? If ISU is healthy I give them the small nod at home. If their QB got more than a little shaken up on the pick 6 he threw then I would give the small nod to YSU.

ysubigred
November 5th, 2014, 07:20 AM
We don't see YSU this year so I haven't been following much outside of scores. Letting USD hang around surprised me.

Illinois State didn't impress me much. If you follow the UNI threads I have stated that I never felt so down about our team after a big win like that.

What's the injury report looking like? If ISU is healthy I give them the small nod at home. If their QB got more than a little shaken up on the pick 6 he threw then I would give the small nod to YSU.

YSU seems very healthy for this time of the year.. Might be why we're still in the mix? YSU usually has trouble with the Red Birds in Normal. I've been shocked with the UNI team this year. I thought you guys was going to be the MVFC autobid this year. Funny YSU and UNI don't play.. UNI could put the band in pads and some how get a "W" against YSU :D NDSU just keeps reloading even with coaches xthumbsupx

Sycamore62
November 5th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Coming off a loss and being at home I have to go with ISUr. I think those 2 factors trump the other factors.

clenz
November 5th, 2014, 10:05 AM

What's the injury report looking like? If ISU is healthy I give them the small nod at home. If their QB got more than a little shaken up on the pick 6 he threw then I would give the small nod to YSU.YSU gave USD 10 points off of silly turnovers from what I was able to put together.

Once YSU stopped playing with their food they were find.

Ruiz and Webb are killing it on the ground and ISUr struggled with a quality back in DJ.

Oh, and Wells looks damn good at QB

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2014, 10:36 AM
YSU seems very healthy for this time of the year.. Might be why we're still in the mix? YSU usually has trouble with the Red Birds in Normal. I've been shocked with the UNI team this year. I thought you guys was going to be the MVFC autobid this year. Funny YSU and UNI don't play.. UNI could put the band in pads and some how get a "W" against YSU :D NDSU just keeps reloading even with coaches xthumbsupx

A few years ago in Youngstown I almost fell asleep. You guys were having a bad year and there was no on in the stands. Both teams were playing like crap. It was like watching junior high football. I think the best time I had over there was 2006(?). Great battle and I actually felt a little scared for my life as we left. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Clenz, using your coaching trophies, which team has more southern speed?

ysubigred
November 5th, 2014, 12:01 PM
A few years ago in Youngstown I almost fell asleep. You guys were having a bad year and there was no on in the stands. Both teams were playing like crap. It was like watching junior high football. I think the best time I had over there was 2006(?). Great battle and I actually felt a little scared for my life as we left. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Clenz, using your coaching trophies, which team has more southern speed?

LOL.. What did you do?? Knock the Pete and Penny coloring book out of some little kids hands? That was the only time I seen a YSU fan upset oh yea or be too loud :D

ysubigred
November 5th, 2014, 12:05 PM
YSU gave USD 10 points off of silly turnovers from what I was able to put together.

Once YSU stopped playing with their food they were find.

Ruiz and Webb are killing it on the ground and ISUr struggled with a quality back in DJ.

Oh, and Wells looks damn good at QB

Damn!! Clenz are you lobbing for a Christmas card? I believe this is your first post without Tressel cheats or YSU sucks LOL!! xlolx

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2014, 12:06 PM
LOL.. What did you do?? Knock the Pete and Penny coloring book out of some little kids hands? That was the only time I seen a YSU fan upset oh yea or be too loud :D

Maybe it was just the neighborhood. :)

clenz
November 5th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Damn!! Clenz are you lobbing for a Christmas card? I believe this is your first post without Tressel cheats or YSU sucks LOL!! xlolx
I, for the first time in years, am impressed with what I'm seeing from YSU.

YSU fans (well, every school including UNI) hates how brunt I am when I look at things. I'm never afraid to give credit when it's due.

ysubigred
November 5th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Maybe it was just the neighborhood. :)

Yikes there is that... http://www.americanmafia.com/images/Crimetown_USA.png

ysubigred
November 5th, 2014, 12:17 PM

YSU fans (well, every school including UNI) hates how brunt I am when I look at things. I'm never afraid to give credit when it's due.

xbowx

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2014, 01:15 PM

YSU fans (well, every school including UNI) hates how brunt I am when I look at things. I'm never afraid to give credit when it's due.Are you Asian now? Brunt?

clenz
November 5th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Are you Asian now? Brunt?
res

ValleyTalk
November 5th, 2014, 05:08 PM
YSU has won 6 of their last 7 MVFC road games. The lone loss coming on a last second FG to UNI last year.

Two years ago we blew a 28-7 lead at Normal and four years ago we lost on a Hail Mary with .7 seconds left 41-39. This game looks similar to the 2006 road game in Normal when both were top ten teams. http://ysusports.com/sports/fball/2006-07/releases/illinois_state_recap

I like YSU 28-24 in a dandy Saturday in Normal. Youngstown will be watching!

REALBird
November 6th, 2014, 09:28 AM
I hate making predictions, but now that our teams case of "feeling themselves" may be over, let's hope they just get back to playing football. HC Brock Spack indicated that the 7-0 start had a few guys in the locker room talking about being the "BEST" ISU team ever and making history by going undefeated. Seems to play into them playing tighter and tighter each week the streak grew.

Now that they got that off their chest and finally lost, hoping they just get back to playing good midwestern football and playing to win, instead of playing to keep the streak alive.

Should be a good one.

ValleyTalk
November 7th, 2014, 09:32 PM
To our friends out in Normal, President Tressel appears to have made the trip. Saw quite a few tweets on Twitter this evening stating that he is at the same hotel as the YSU football team. Love him or hate him, he is a treat to talk to and to get a picture with. I am sure you will be able to spot him tomorrow at some point. I saw him speak to over 600 HS students early yesterday morning and they really enjoyed his presence and his keynote speech.

Good luck to both teams.

Go Guins!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 8th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Redbirds at home: 31-24

birdsflyhigh
November 8th, 2014, 10:14 AM
ISU had some special teams issues/problems at UNI, and those problems resulted in the Redbirds first loss. The Redbirds play awfully well at home (beautiful Hancock Stadium), so I think ISU rights the ship against YSU's Penguins. Very important game today as ISU (after being a little full of themselves with a 7-0 start) is now locked in on winning out the regular season and going 10-1 into the playoffs with a top 4 seed.

ValleyTalk
November 8th, 2014, 01:22 PM
@JoeScalzo1: On third and 2 at ISU 28, Wells play-action fake to Ruiz, then hits him over middle. Great call. It's 7-0 Penguins with 8:21 left in 1Q.

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2014, 01:37 PM
YSU OL is pushing ISUr around a bit...Ruiz can stroll through those holes.

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Gotta make that grab there for the first down.

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Jeez Roberson can move....nice run there. 1st and goal ISUr

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2014, 01:46 PM
TD YSUr 7-7 14:09 2nd quarter.

penguinpower
November 8th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Stupid rugby punt was 8 yards. That was essentially a turnover

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Nice play call there...TD YSU 14-7 12:13 2nd.

ValleyTalk
November 8th, 2014, 01:55 PM
YSU with another very quick 90+ yard drive. We had two in the fourth quarter last week as well.

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Wow....TD ISUr....14-14 8:15 2nd

DoubleE
November 8th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Roberson is the best QB that Wolford has seen to date. He was dominant at Indiana and he is just picking us apart. he is why they only have 1 loss

DoubleE
November 8th, 2014, 02:10 PM
nice flea flicker for the penguin td

ValleyTalk
November 8th, 2014, 02:10 PM
@JoeScalzo1: Wow! On third-and-2 at ISU 39, Montgomery dials up flea-flicker and Wells hits a cruising Andrew Williams for TD. YSU 21-14, 6:11 left in 2Q

Ballsy call. ILSU missed Wells for the sack on the pitch back.

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Flea flicker TD for YSU....21-14 in favor of YSU with 6:11 left in the 2nd.

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Apparently both teams left their defenses in the locker room...

DoubleE
November 8th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Apparently both teams left their defenses in the locker room...

Defense ? We dont need no stinking Defense (YSU Motto under Wolford)

JayJ79
November 8th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Whoever is doing the PbP for the ESPN3 broadcast of this just talked about how there is 20 teams in the FCS playoffs so the top 4 seeds get a first round bye in the playoffs.

way to stay current there, buddy.

penguinpower
November 8th, 2014, 02:45 PM
YSU hasn't looked this bad on defense since the first half of the SDSU game. Then both teams tightened up in the second half

citdog
November 8th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Whoever is doing the PbP for the ESPN3 broadcast of this just talked about how there is 20 teams in the FCS playoffs so the top 4 seeds get a first round bye in the playoffs.

way to stay current there, buddy.

That's why we have The FCS Wedge. We KNOW what we are talking about.....USUALLY

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2014, 02:48 PM
That's why we have The FCS Wedge. We KNOW what we are talking about.....USUALLY

Do ya? :D

penguinpower
November 8th, 2014, 02:51 PM
YSU has given up 148 yards and ISUr has given up 325

World
November 8th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Illinois State wins

35-21

SoupCity85
November 8th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Another dud by YSU. No adjustments at the half. And nearly 5 years into the Eric Wolford era......and he has 2 big wins in nearly 60 games. What a shame!!!