November 10th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Let's see if I can do better than 0-5 in the A-10 this week:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Upset specials:

Villanova over JMU
EKU over Tenn-Martin

Pard94
November 10th, 2006, 01:35 PM
That's right, LFN take your last shot at Fisher Field. Get it out of your system so you can make room for "facility envy" that will naturally set in come the 18th!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2006, 01:44 PM
That's right, LFN take your last shot at Fisher Field. Get it out of your system so you can make room for "facility envy" that will naturally set in come the 18th!

It might be nice but other than one Saturday every other year not many people will show up to appreciate what they have. It might be a little nicer than Goodman but the fans make the atmosphere not the stadium itself. Lehigh will continually kill Lafayette in fan support. When was the last time Lafayette had more than 10,000 for a non-Lehigh game?

Lafayette's attendance

cosmo here
November 10th, 2006, 01:58 PM
It might be nice but other than one Saturday every other year not many people will show up to appreciate what they have. It might be a little nicer than Goodman but the fans make the atmosphere not the stadium itself. Lehigh will continually kill Lafayette in fan support. When was the last time Lafayette had more than 10,000 for a non-Lehigh game?

Lafayette's attendance

Lehigh also has twice as many students and therefore, twice as many alumni. It's not an apples to apples comparison.

LUHawker
November 10th, 2006, 02:05 PM

Admittedly I have not yet been in the new Fisherl, but I've seen the photos, and I wouldn't trade Goodman for Fisher. Call it 'home' bias, but I tried to view it objectively and I still wouldn't do the trade.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Lehigh also has twice as many students and therefore, twice as many alumni. It's not an apples to apples comparison.

I'm not sure if Lafayette match's up with most schools its size. Wofford, Furman, Colgate all historically outdraw Lafayette on non-Lehigh years. Even when Lehigh had 3-8, 4-7 years they averaged 10k. Lehigh does very well relative to its size with similar schools.

cosmo here
November 10th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure if Lafayette match's up with most schools its size. Wofford, Furman, Colgate all historically outdraw Lafayette on non-Lehigh years. Even when Lehigh had 3-8, 4-7 years they averaged 10k. Lehigh does very well relative to its size with similar schools.

Your comparison was Lafayette to Lehigh, so I was just going with it. I know similarly-sized schools also do very well, but naturally if you double your student and alumni base, you have a better chance to draw more fans than a smaller school.

LUHawker
November 10th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Ok, back to Lehigh-Fordham. Lehigh should soundly defeat FU this week. I would like to see a solid game plan with some more passing thrown in. I also would like to see Coen roll out a few new plays for Sedale to get him in a better passing rhythm. I think LU could be set up for an early game let down but I believe Andy has the troops focused one game at a time.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2006, 02:52 PM
I do too. There's been some concern that this game could be a trap game, and certainly if Lehigh comes in expecting to show up and win we'll have problems. But it's mostly my faith in coach Coen which is driving me to the Lehigh victory. That, and the lack of turnovers in the past few games.

ngineer
November 10th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Yes--as I posted on your blog, 'focus' will be the key. We should win, say 38-13, IMO, but Fordham's atheticism bothers me and some lackadaisical lapses could bite us. Still, I believe Coen will have them 'focused' --plus it's Senior Day and I know they want to set a good tone.

blur2005
November 11th, 2006, 12:27 AM
JMU losing to 'Nova...I hope not.

JoltinJoe
November 11th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Fordham's youngsters took a big step forward with their competitive outing last week against Lafayette.

I hope we keep this one close too.

Masella has a couple of message board kooks railing against him but the overwhelming concensus is that he is moving the program in the right direction.

ngineer
November 11th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Fordham's youngsters took a big step forward with their competitive outing last week against Lafayette.

I hope we keep this one close too.

Masella has a couple of message board kooks railing against him but the overwhelming concensus is that he is moving the program in the right direction.

You have idiots everywhere. You should see some of the crap people put on the Voy boards, especially during full moons...:nonono2: