PDA

View Full Version : #1 North Dakota St @ #20 Northern Iowa

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
November 4th, 2014, 07:33 AM
This game may have lost a little luster from what the preseason anticipation was but it's still a huge game in the MVFC and there is no shortage of interesting side stories. It's Chris Klieman's first visit to UNI as an opposing head coach to face his former mentor Mark Farley. NDSU has won the last 3 in this series so I'm sure Farley and his crew are motivated end that streak as there's no love lost between these two teams. On top of that UNI's season is on the brink but they've kept their playoff hope alive the last two weeks and gained some big momentum last week with a win against Illinois St. However, NDSU is playing some of their best football of the year

I think UNI will need their defense to keep them in this game. They're very one dimensional on offense with Carnes at QB which should give the nation's top scoring defense at NDSU a big edge against UNI's beastly tailback David Johnson. However, UNI may have the best defense the Bison have seen to this point so it'll be interesting to see how they do in a difficult road environment. The Bison are riding a 22 game winning streak away from the Fargodome. In fact it's been so long since this NDSU team has lost away from the Fargodome most of the seniors have never experienced it as players.

I think this will be a low scoring matchup so special teams and turnovers will be huge. A TD on a return will make a huge difference either way. The game will be broadcast on Comcast Chicago (channel 665 on DirecTV and 429 on Dish). Kickoff is 4PM CT. I'm going to say that the UNI defense comes to play and the NDSU offense once again struggles to get TDs but their kicker, Adam Keller, plays a big part and the Bison eek out a victory 19-17.

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 07:49 AM
It's cute that you think UNI's offense will manage 17 points. You must be accounting for a couple 80 yard kick off/punt returns and/or a couple 40ish yard runs by DJ.

Professor Chaos
November 4th, 2014, 07:52 AM
It's cute that you think UNI's offense will manage 17 points. You must be accounting for a couple 80 yard kick off/punt returns and/or a couple 40ish yard runs by DJ.

Garbage TD :D

Sycamore62
November 4th, 2014, 08:21 AM

17 is the magic number needed to beat the Bison. no need for the offense to do more than kick a fg

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Garbage TD :D
If our starters can't score you expect our back ups too?

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2014, 08:25 AM
24-20 UNI......you heard it here first. Similar game to last year sans second half magic from NDSU.

UNH72Plus
November 4th, 2014, 08:41 AM
No disrespect intended, but NDSU is not the team they were last year. Furthermore, playing at UNI is never easy, (just ask my Wildcats), and they are playing for their playoff lives. All that being said, I think NDSU has the edge in what should be a good game.

I don't know why ESPN3 isn't covering this game. After all, who wants to watch Harvard v. Columbia or Grambling v. Mississippi Valley State?

Sycamore62
November 4th, 2014, 08:56 AM
I thought ESPN3 just picked up every game someone had televised. Glad I have Comcast and a little window for driving time from the Haute

344Johnson
November 4th, 2014, 09:05 AM
24-20 UNI......you heard it here first. Similar game to last year sans second half magic from NDSU.

Wouldn't be surprised... Also would not be surprised if NDSU rolls again.

Professor Chaos
November 4th, 2014, 09:33 AM
If our starters can't score you expect our back ups too?
I would hope your starters aren't pulled if you're only down 9 but we'll say by that point Carnes is pulled and Kollmorgen is back in the game and the Bison are playing a soft defense to make them run clock in order to score.

deez_na
November 4th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Should be a great game. I know the streak has to end sometime but i'd prefer it happens after the season :D. However this is the game i could see them losing as it's tough playing there. I still think NDSU escapes with a close win. 23-17

unigriff
November 4th, 2014, 10:19 AM
I don't know the actual stat or without looking it up but i would venture to say our defense has been on the field longer than the offense overall (not avg.) Outside of the No. Colorado and Ten Tc game which helps the avg, I can't recall a time our offense was on the field longer than the defense. Maybe Iowa? idk.

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 10:21 AM
On the season UNI has held the ball an average of 30:13 and the opponent 29:47

UNI/Opp
Difference

Iowa
26:46 / 33:14
-6:28

Hawai`i
30:43 / 29:17
1:26

NORTHERN COLORADO
30:56 / 29:04
1:52

TENNESSEE TECH
37:51 / 22:09
15:42

Indiana State
30:35 / 29:25
1:10

South Dakota
29:21 / 30:39
-1:18

SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
23:46 / 36:14
-12:28

Western Illinois
35:30 / 24:30
11:00

ILLINOIS STATE
26:33 / 33:27
-6:54

Totals
272:01 / 267:59
4:02

Gil Dobie
November 4th, 2014, 10:33 AM
It's apparent that there is a lot more respect between the schools then say, 4 years ago. Bison fans have come to respect the Panthers being a top team every year, and there is less smack coming from ether side. I see a 28 - 24 game, hoping the Bison are the winners, but if there are any INT returns for TD's, it could be UNI coming out on top.

Sycamore62
November 4th, 2014, 10:40 AM
one think NDSU did to ISUb was have long drives early on. They converted a lot of 3rd downs it felt like. Even when ISUb was playing good over the last 4 years, excluding last year, I thought we scored too fast. 3 and score takes slightly longer than 3 and out. The D still has to get back up off the bench albeit with a positive outlook but thats not the same as resting before getting that psychological boost.

UNIFanSince1983
November 4th, 2014, 10:42 AM
It's apparent that there is a lot more respect between the schools then say, 4 years ago. Bison fans have come to respect the Panthers being a top team every year, and there is less smack coming from ether side. I see a 28 - 24 game, hoping the Bison are the winners, but if there are any INT returns for TD's, it could be UNI coming out on top.

I feel like UNI fans have been humbled a little bit the past few years with our struggles. We have also seen that NDSU is just currently a powerhouse. It is hard not to respect a team that is on the kind of run you guys are on right now. I am really looking forward to seeing the Bison fans in Cedar Falls. Aside from Homecoming the tailgating when NDSU is in town is great because of the Bison fans. Last week against ISUr was a pathetic display of tailgating so hopefully it is better when you guys come to town this weekend.

I said this last week in the NDSU/SDSU thread, but I think it will take 28 points if you want to beat the Bison. Hopefully our offense can figure it out or our D/ST can put some points on the board otherwise blowout city. I do think Ginger Jesus will have to play a good game because our front 7 has been stout against the run. We will see as we haven't faced a team quite as physical as the Bison. Although I think physicality plays into our front 7's hands a little bit. We struggled stopping Coprich, but that was due to his elusiveness. We will see. I don't feel good about this game at all. Need to play by far our best game of the year, and hope NDSU is off their game if we want to win.

Go Panthers.

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 10:46 AM
I feel like UNI fans have been humbled a little bit the past few years with our struggles. We have also seen that NDSU is just currently a powerhouse. It is hard not to respect a team that is on the kind of run you guys are on right now. I am really looking forward to seeing the Bison fans in Cedar Falls. Aside from Homecoming the tailgating when NDSU is in town is great because of the Bison fans. Last week against ISUr was a pathetic display of tailgating so hopefully it is better when you guys come to town this weekend.

I said this last week in the NDSU/SDSU thread, but I think it will take 28 points if you want to beat the Bison. Hopefully our offense can figure it out or our D/ST can put some points on the board otherwise blowout city. I do think Ginger Jesus will have to play a good game because our front 7 has been stout against the run. We will see as we haven't faced a team quite as physical as the Bison. Although I think physicality plays into our front 7's hands a little bit. We struggled stopping Coprich, but that was due to his elusiveness. We will see. I don't feel good about this game at all. Need to play by far our best game of the year, and hope NDSU is off their game if we want to win.

Go Panthers.
Saying we struggled to stop Coprich is misleading.

He had 102 of his yards on 2 carries - one on the quickest quick change in the history of college football and the other was a great cut back by him to a wide open side of the field. Other than those 2 runs he averaged 2.4 ypc on his other 25 carries

Ivytalk
November 4th, 2014, 10:48 AM
I agree that NDSU will find a way to pull this one out.

It sure will jazz up next week's poll if they don't, though!

BisonTru
November 4th, 2014, 11:08 AM
This should be a fun game. Both teams want to play physical, run the ball, and stop the run.

A couple of quotes from Coach Stig (SDSU's HC).

On how to beat NDSU:
"You have to match them physically"

On the UNI/NDSU matchup:
"They(UNI) will salivate thinkin it will be a physical game. Northern Iowa is a physical team."

unigriff
November 4th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Just take away the 76 yd run at the end of the game by Coprich and i'd say UNI did its job on him. I don't see Crockett or Morloch breaking one open like that on us.

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Interesting to note

As bad as UNI's passing games is, other than completion % the numbers are nearly identical to NDSUs in conference games

- - - Updated - - -

Just take away the 76 yd run at the end of the game by Coprich and i'd say UNI did its job on him. I don't see Crockett or Morloch breaking one open like that on us.
That's exactly what Crockett does though.

UNIFanSince1983
November 4th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Saying we struggled to stop Coprich is misleading.

He had 102 of his yards on 2 carries - one on the quickest quick change in the history of college football and the other was a great cut back by him to a wide open side of the field. Other than those 2 runs he averaged 2.4 ypc on his other 25 carries

The problem is you can't take those two runs away.

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 11:14 AM
The problem is you can't take those two runs away.
I'm not saying you can.

To say, though, that UNI struggled to contain him is a misleading statement.

That's like saying UNI struggled to contain Tennessee Tech's running game because of that one run against the third stringers.

Do you think UNI struggled to contain TTU's run game?

skolbrother
November 4th, 2014, 11:21 AM
New to this forum but like when it's two sided rational discussion.
I think NDSU did not get the respect it deserved back in 06 & 07 and may be getting too much this season as we are not yet the team we were the past 2 sesons.

RabidRabbit
November 4th, 2014, 11:56 AM
UNI D needs to keep the (un)timely penalties down. #1 TOP NDSU will likely match the SDSU/UNI TOP. If that happens, NDSU walks away with a W. UNI D was really gassed against SDSU. Without some GREAT special teams play by UNI, that SDSU should not have been a close game as SDSU was doing what they wanted.

UNI has a good D. Offense for Panthers, not so much.

Should be a great game in Cedar Falls.

BisonBohl
November 4th, 2014, 11:57 AM
NDSU wins by 14.

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 12:04 PM
UNI D needs to keep the (un)timely penalties down. #1 TOP NDSU will likely match the SDSU/UNI TOP. If that happens, NDSU walks away with a W. UNI D was really gassed against SDSU. Without some GREAT special teams play by UNI, that SDSU should not have been a close game as SDSU was doing what they wanted.

By "SDSU should not have been a close game as SDSU was doing what they wanted" you mean....?

They had 17 more yards of offense than UNI....a game where UNI gave DJ the ball 14 times total....a game SDSU averaged 2.4 yards per carry (Zenner at 2.8).

SDSU wasn't "doing" what they wanted like you want people to believe.

Oh, that's 17 more yards on 19 more plays at 13 more minutes of possession.

Again I'll ask - by "doing what they wanted" you mean?

unigriff
November 4th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Fun stats of the day: Battle of the RBs. Still quite even!

Last 2 games:
(2-0) Crockett - 51 carries for 271 yards and 3 TDs, 3 rec. 51 yds, 1 TD
(2-0) Johnson - 58 carries for 275 yards and 4 TDs, 4 rec. 17 yds

two stout defensive lines. Should be a heckuva a game in the trenches! Hopefully our Oline doesn't get blown up too much!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2014, 12:09 PM

NDSU really flipped it against SDSU last week in TOP. What was the top 2 teams turned into a lopsided 38:20 minutes to 21:40.

I would expect that to be similar against UNI.

IBleedYellow
November 4th, 2014, 12:20 PM
This is going to be fun. Everyone keeps talking about how stout UNI's front 7 are, but I want to know how their DB's play. If Carson is able to air it out against them it'll be totally different and could be a game changer, opening up the running game even more.

Houndawg
November 4th, 2014, 12:24 PM
By "SDSU should not have been a close game as SDSU was doing what they wanted" you mean....?

They had 17 more yards of offense than UNI....a game where UNI gave DJ the ball 14 times total....a game SDSU averaged 2.4 yards per carry (Zenner at 2.8).

SDSU wasn't "doing" what they wanted like you want people to believe.

Oh, that's 17 more yards on 19 more plays at 13 more minutes of possession.

Again I'll ask - by "doing what they wanted" you mean?

Winning the game?:D

Next to the transitive property the biggest nonsense in football is the "except for a few plays we shut them down" meme. Everybody who ever played organized football knows that most plays in a game between roughly equal teams are a wash and that there are a handful of difference-making plays.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Winning the game?:D

Next to the transitive property the biggest nonsense in football is the "except for a few plays we shut them down" meme. Everybody who ever played organized football knows that most plays in a game between roughly equal teams are a wash and that there are a handful of difference-making plays.

Yeah, you can look at yardage all you want but SDSU owned the ball the entire game. They had 2 84 yard scoring drives.

There's a reason Carnes had to throw up that ball that got picked, he didn't have enough time to execute a good scoring drive. THAT is what TOP does for you.

Sycamore62
November 4th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Transitive property is the be-all end-all to football

It's Science

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 12:58 PM
This is going to be fun. Everyone keeps talking about how stout UNI's front 7 are, but I want to know how their DB's play. If Carson is able to air it out against them it'll be totally different and could be a game changer, opening up the running game even more.
UNI has 11 picks in 5 conference games

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RabidRabbit
November 4th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Both Jacks, and even more so, Bison, wear down the opponent based on TOP. Jacks were definitely winning the battle in the trenches, and should have won that UNI game handedly. Had the Panthers down 28-14 well into the 4th quarter, then bam, two major plays (a KO return TD, and the extremely well executed (to perfection) on-side kick brought the Panthers back to 28's.

UNI will need those special unit points and defensive points, because again, Panthers will be down probably 10 minutes on TOP. Pulling a win when beaten so badly in TOP is extremely difficult. It makes "catch up" extremely unlikely.

Jacks played about even to Bison in the 1st half in Fargo last week. That was a match up of the #1 (Bison) vs #2 (Jackrabbits) TOP teams in the FCS. Look at the final TOP of the Marker game. If NDSU can do that to #2, what would be your expectations vs a very 1-D offense, such as UNI's?

Good luck, and multi turnovers, UNI. You'll need both!

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 01:19 PM
When did uni return a kick off against sdsu?

AmsterBison
November 4th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Interesting to note

As bad as UNI's passing games is, other than completion % the numbers are nearly identical to NDSUs in conference games

Well, UNI is last in the league in passing efficiency and NDSU is first. That's a fairly big difference, but, then again, NDSU hasn't faced a front seven like UNI's this year.

Coach Stig has it right - it'll come down to whether or not UNI can match NDSU physically - which they certainly did last year. Well, maybe Stig isn't right - turnovers are obviously the first key.

One thing is certain: NDSU can't afford to fumble two kickoffs like last year. That was a nightmare.

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2014, 01:37 PM

Haha....I got neg repped by an unnamed Bison fan for this post. Clearly my prediction for the game means I want to see this result? xeyebrowx

Look....one of the best teams in Bison history last year was down 23-10 at home to this very UNI team and needed 14 unanswered in the 4th quarter to win.....last I checked, Johnson is still there...the UNI defense with Xavier Williams and co is still really good....and the game is in the UNI-dome...some Bison fans really need a reality check.

Twentysix
November 4th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Haha....I got neg repped by an unnamed Bison fan for this post. Clearly my prediction for the game means I want to see this result? xeyebrowx

Look....one of the best teams in Bison history last year was down 23-10 at home to this very UNI team and needed 14 unanswered in the 4th quarter to win.....last I checked, Johnson is still there...the UNI defense with Xavier Williams and co is still really good....and the game is in the UNI-dome...some Bison fans really need a reality check.

I think having faith in a team that has won more than 50 of its last 50ish games is steeped in reality.

It's one thing to have a team that went 1-10 and then expect them to win every game the following season. It's a whole other animal when you are looking at a team that is 33-0, 52-2 (9-0 this season). Especially when the opposing team is on a serious downward slide and is barely above .500.

Do I think UNI could win? Sure. Do I think UNI will win? No.

Professor Chaos
November 4th, 2014, 01:50 PM

This is also the very same UNI team that lost at home to SDSU with a backup QB less than 3 weeks ago.

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2014, 01:51 PM
I think having faith in a team that has won more than 50 of its last 50ish games is steeped in reality.

It's one thing to have a team that went 1-10 and then expect them to win every game the following season. It's a whole other animal when you are looking at a team that is 33-0, 52-2. Especially when the opposing team is on a serious downward slide.

Wat? Two FBS losses and a two more by margins of 1 and 3....just beat unbeaten ISUr at home 42-28. I guess that's serious? This is still UNI...at team NDSU has beaten by 1, 12, and 8 over the past 3 years during this great run....and lost by 7, 15, and 10 the 3 prior years (granted, I have NO ****ing idea why any of the prior years matters in a 2014 matchup outside of the fact that it is a hard fought series).

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2014, 01:54 PM
I guess call me crazy guys....I didn't see this Bison team finishing the regular season undefeated when it started (with 1-2 losses in Valley conference play). I still see that probably being the case, and UNI is one of the games I had circled as a potential stumbling block....and still do.

Bisonator
November 4th, 2014, 01:54 PM
I think this game goes 1 of 2 ways. Either a similar game to last year which could go either way or NDSU in a route. I think if NDSU gets up early it might get ugly if UNI has to play catch up. On the other hand both teams have great defenses and it's going to be difficult to get more then a 2 score lead. Special teams is going to be huge and both teams seem to be good in this area as well. Should be a great game!

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2014, 01:56 PM
I think this game goes 1 of 2 ways. Either a similar game to last year which could go either way or NDSU in a route. I think if NDSU gets up early it might get ugly if UNI has to play catch up. On the other hand both teams have great defenses and it's going to be difficult to get more then a 2 score lead. Special teams is going to be huge and both teams seem to be good in this area as well. Should be a great game!

I can get on board with this. The Bison need to keep the ball away from Johnson on kicks/special teams. IF the Bison come out like they did against SDSU on offense, it would be MUCH tougher to play catch up in the second half.

Herder
November 4th, 2014, 02:06 PM
I look for UNI to ride some emotion in the first half, and it will be a 3 point game at half. But the methodical way that NDSU drives the ball will take its toll in the 2nd half.

I think the UNI punter will be busy with all bison eyes focused on DJ. If Carnes is forced to throw it very much, he'll throw a few to the other team, so he will need to be effective with his feet as much as with his arm.

Both teams will be forced to grind out a win, and that is not the UNI strength. I see a 14 piont win by the bison in a 3 yards and a cloud of dust effort by Crockett and Frazier.

IBleedYellow
November 4th, 2014, 02:06 PM
This is also the very same UNI team that lost at home to SDSU with a backup QB less than 3 weeks ago.

Every game is different and teams are always changing with injuries and other things.

I think that SDSU would have done even better against UNI if they would have had Sumner in for that game. He actually looked really good other than those 4 sacks, which weren't his fault vs the o-line's fault.

I know that either team can win this game and I expect a tough fought game, however I really think that NDSU will come out for this game on point and with their A game I still don't think they can be beat.

Professor Chaos
November 4th, 2014, 02:08 PM
I guess call me crazy guys....I didn't see this Bison team finishing the regular season undefeated when it started (with 1-2 losses in Valley conference play). I still see that probably being the case, and UNI is one of the games I had circled as a potential stumbling block....and still do.
UNI has a better chance to beat the Bison than most other teams have had during the win streak and I also didn't think the Bison would be going undefeated at the start of the season but looking at this game on it's own I just think that UNI's offense isn't going to be consistent enough to keep the Bison offense off the field. I think UNI's defense will be their normal stingy selves early on but I think the Bison can/will wear them down in the 2nd half. I won't be shocked to see UNI win but if they do I think both teams finish under 20 points scored.

IBleedYellow
November 4th, 2014, 02:08 PM
I look for UNI to ride some emotion in the first half, and it will be a 3 point game at half. But the methodical way that NDSU drives the ball will take its toll in the 2nd half.

I think the UNI punter will be busy with all bison eyes focused on DJ. If Carnes is forced to throw it very much, he'll throw a few to the other team, so he will need to be effective with his feet as much as with his arm.

Both teams will be forced to grind out a win, and that is not the UNI strength. I see a 14 piont win by the bison in a 3 yards and a cloud of dust effort by Crockett and Frazier.

This is how I am expecting the game to go. Cloud of dust will be large in the UNI-Dome on Saturday.

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Both Jacks, and even more so, Bison, wear down the opponent based on TOP. Jacks were definitely winning the battle in the trenches, and should have won that UNI game handedly. Had the Panthers down 28-14 well into the 4th quarter, then bam, two major plays (a KO return TD, and the extremely well executed (to perfection) on-side kick brought the Panthers back to 28's.

UNI will need those special unit points and defensive points, because again, Panthers will be down probably 10 minutes on TOP. Pulling a win when beaten so badly in TOP is extremely difficult. It makes "catch up" extremely unlikely.

Jacks played about even to Bison in the 1st half in Fargo last week. That was a match up of the #1 (Bison) vs #2 (Jackrabbits) TOP teams in the FCS. Look at the final TOP of the Marker game. If NDSU can do that to #2, what would be your expectations vs a very 1-D offense, such as UNI's?

Good luck, and multi turnovers, UNI. You'll need both!
I'm not going to turn this into a SDSU/UNI thread but if you want to play this game...

UNI may have needed some "magic" to come back that 4th quarter - SDSU certainly needed it to build that lead.

SDSU needed a pick on the first SDSU drive of the game to be called back due to UNI's All American DT jumping the snap a hair too early. That drive then ended on in a SDSU touchdown

SDSU needed UNI to "rough the snapper" (it's what was called on the field) 20 yards downfield on a SDSU punt to give SDSU the ball back. While they didn't score on that drive it gave UNI the ball at their own 20 instead of the 35 after UNI forced another punt on that same drive

SDSU needed a "dead ball personal foul" by a guy 10-15 yards away from the play to get them out of their own endzone. UNI still forced a punt, but it gave SDSU a good chunk more TOP and allowed them to move the ball enough to switch field position.

SDSU needed UNI's all American DT to jump the snap a hair too quick again in the 4th to take away a pick. That drive also resulted in a touchdown (to give SDSU the 14 point lead).

Those 4 issues cost UNIt he game. UNI's offense, in no way, deserved to win that game with the way they played. SDSU found a way to win, UNI didn't.

Let's not act like SDSU dominated that game in any way/shape/form

UNIFanSince1983
November 4th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Every game is different and teams are always changing with injuries and other things.

I think that SDSU would have done even better against UNI if they would have had Sumner in for that game. He actually looked really good other than those 4 sacks, which weren't his fault vs the o-line's fault.

I know that either team can win this game and I expect a tough fought game, however I really think that NDSU will come out for this game on point and with their A game I still don't think they can be beat.

Sumner would have helped no doubt, but I also think we do better against them if Johnson gets 29 carries instead of 9. Just sayin...

Not sure what the SDSU game has to do with UNI vs NDSU though unless you are using the transitive property which we all know always holds true.

IBleedYellow
November 4th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Sumner would have helped no doubt, but I also think we do better against them if Johnson gets 29 carries instead of 9. Just sayin...

Not sure what the SDSU game has to do with UNI vs NDSU though unless you are using the transitive property which we all know always holds true.

I was replying to Prof Chaos who was stating the UNI lost to SDSU. Nothing more, nothing less.

KUlawJack
November 4th, 2014, 02:12 PM

Always does. See SDSU vs. ISU-R and UNI vs. ISU-R for prime example. xrotatehx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I'm not going to turn this into a SDSU/UNI thread but if you want to play this game...

UNI may have needed some "magic" to come back that 4th quarter - SDSU certainly needed it to build that lead.

SDSU needed a pick on the first SDSU drive of the game to be called back due to UNI's All American DT jumping the snap a hair too early. That drive then ended on in a SDSU touchdown

SDSU needed UNI to "rough the snapper" (it's what was called on the field) 20 yards downfield on a SDSU punt to give SDSU the ball back. While they didn't score on that drive it gave UNI the ball at their own 20 instead of the 35 after UNI forced another punt on that same drive

SDSU needed a "dead ball personal foul" by a guy 10-15 yards away from the play to get them out of their own endzone. UNI still forced a punt, but it gave SDSU a good chunk more TOP and allowed them to move the ball enough to switch field position.

SDSU needed UNI's all American DT to jump the snap a hair too quick again in the 4th to take away a pick. That drive also resulted in a touchdown (to give SDSU the 14 point lead).

Those 4 issues cost UNIt he game. UNI's offense, in no way, deserved to win that game with the way they played. SDSU found a way to win, UNI didn't.

Let's not act like SDSU dominated that game in any way/shape/form

Except TOP

IBleedYellow
November 4th, 2014, 02:17 PM
One more point I'd like to make. NDSU players have been heard talking about this game and pointing to this game all season long. I have a very good hunch that they won't be coming out flat for this game.

I'd be very happy to see NDSU run plays for 4 yards per play, run it for 4 yards outside, make them not set up to stop the inside run, when they adjust, move back to the outside runs. I'd love to see us take 8 to 9 minute drives every possession in this game. Tough physical game where it's low scoring and make the UNI defense tired when they are on the field for around 40 minutes of the game.

Also, it looks like there are about 5,000 Bison fans that will be making the trip down there this weekend.

http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/Ron-Swanson-is-excited.gif

PantherRob82
November 4th, 2014, 03:11 PM
UNI's DBs are much better than in the past. This is one of the best overall defenses I can remember going back 25 years.

If we can hold the run game in check the Bison won't have any easy time passing.

I still think our D will get worn down by our offense's lack of ability to move the ball.

RabidRabbit
November 4th, 2014, 03:16 PM
UNI's DBs are much better than in the past. This is one of the best overall defenses I can remember going back 25 years.

If we can hold the run game in check the Bison won't have any easy time passing.

I still think our D will get worn down by our offense's lack of ability to move the ball.

^^This^^^

UNIFanSince1983
November 4th, 2014, 03:18 PM

I admittedly have not seen much from NDSU this year, but my guess is this is why a lot of teams get worn down against them. Their defense is so good that it gets offenses off the field. Then their grind it out game just puts so much pressure on a defense that they finally break it open.

IBleedYellow
November 4th, 2014, 03:23 PM

This.

Your defense is giving up 20 points per game. NDSU's is at a staggering 10.

It's funny that you guys keep talking about your "inept" offense, but they still score on average 31.8 points per game. NDSU is at 34.6.

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 03:35 PM
This.

Your defense is giving up 20 points per game. NDSU's is at a staggering 10.

It's funny that you guys keep talking about your "inept" offense, but they still score on average 31.8 points per game. NDSU is at 34.6.
Take out defensive/special teams points (3 pick 6, 1 KO return, 2 blocked punts for TD and a safety) (38 points) and and it drops nearly a touchdown

UNI's defense has 81 TFL, 36 sacks, 12 picks, 33 PBU, 45 passes defended (not sure what the difference between that and PBU is), 9 QB hits, 7 forced fumbles, 8 fumbles recovered (apparently someone just dropped the ball?) 4 blocked kicks, and a safety

It's amazing though, that UNI's offense is almost historically bad (in UNI terms) and still scoring 27 ppg and is still middle/top half in most categories.

IBleedYellow
November 4th, 2014, 03:39 PM
My point is, keep talking about an inept offense, but I'd venture to say you guys just aren't getting the talent that you once were able to get about 10 years ago. You now have to compete with NDSU, SDSU and USD for recruits at the FCS level, not just the FBS schools around. There is considerably less talent that UNI will be able to secure every season to help work towards building up the team.

My personal opinion, of course.

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 03:48 PM
My point is, keep talking about an inept offense, but I'd venture to say you guys just aren't getting the talent that you once were able to get about 10 years ago. You now have to compete with NDSU, SDSU and USD for recruits at the FCS level, not just the FBS schools around. There is considerably less talent that UNI will be able to secure every season to help work towards building up the team.

My personal opinion, of course.
The talent is every bit that it was (if not more so) as it was 10 years ago.

It's why the offense can be as inept as it is and yet still put the numbers they do.

Twentysix
November 4th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Wat? Two FBS losses and a two more by margins of 1 and 3....just beat unbeaten ISUr at home 42-28. I guess that's serious? This is still UNI...at team NDSU has beaten by 1, 12, and 8 over the past 3 years during this great run....and lost by 7, 15, and 10 the 3 prior years (granted, I have NO ****ing idea why any of the prior years matters in a 2014 matchup outside of the fact that it is a hard fought series).

Prior years matter in so far as this team is a product of past seasons. How can you not see UNI's downward slide? When prognosticating before the season UNI was thought to be a top 2 team in the country.

I sincerely doubt NDSU would be 5-4 with UNI's schedule, probably more like 8-1/9-0. UNI has gone from the #1-2 team in the country during the preseason to a barely top 20 team.

IBleedYellow
November 4th, 2014, 03:53 PM
The talent is every bit that it was (if not more so) as it was 10 years ago.

It's why the offense can be as inept as it is and yet still put the numbers they do.

Your records seem to show otherwise. xeyebrowx

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Your records seem to show otherwise. xeyebrowx
Have you looked at our offensive coaching staff?

The UNI of a decade ago wouldn't dream of a players like David Johnson, or WR with the size/speed of Lemaster/Vereen/Owens with a true freshman that is 6'4 and set the Wisconsin state record in the 110 high hurdles (maybe 1 on the roster but not 3-5 at a time).

I know you've haven't watched UNI long enough to know any different, but talent isn't an issue. The lack of knowing how to use the talent, at this point, is

UNIFanSince1983
November 4th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Have you looked at our offensive coaching staff?

The UNI of a decade ago wouldn't dream of a players like David Johnson, or WR with the size/speed of Lemaster/Vereen/Owens with a true freshman that is 6'4 and set the Wisconsin state record in the 110 high hurdles (maybe 1 on the roster but not 3-5 at a time).

I know you've haven't watched UNI long enough to know any different, but talent isn't an issue. The lack of knowing how to use the talent, at this point, is

I do agree we have talent in offensive skill positions like WR and RB.

We are missing it in the crucial positions of OL and QB though. We haven't had a decent QB since Pat Grace(may even be a stretch), and the offensive line has been going down hill talent wise in my opinion.

IBleedYellow
November 4th, 2014, 04:13 PM
I've watched UNI since NDSU was rumored to be going into the Gateway.

I believe that I've seen a steady decrease in a mix of talent and coaching at UNI (more so coaching, btw).

I can understand it though, looking at how your guys budget is hurting and the fact UNI seems to play 2 FBS games a year to just get by.

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 04:28 PM
I've watched UNI since NDSU was rumored to be going into the Gateway.

I believe that I've seen a steady decrease in a mix of talent and coaching at UNI (more so coaching, btw).

I can understand it though, looking at how your guys budget is hurting and the fact UNI seems to play 2 FBS games a year to just get by.
You don't know jack s***, clearly.

UNI has played 2 FBS games twice.

2012 - Wisconsin game was initially set to be @ Southern Utah as a return on a H/H. However, Wisconsin offered to buy out the Southern Utah game and then pay something like 500K. Well, UNI could have said "Nope, no thanks. We'd rather pay to send out team to BFE, Utah" but that'd be stupid. UNI lost that game by 5. It's not like it was a body bag game. The other game was a 90 minute bus trip to Kinnick

2014 - 90 minute bus trip to Kinnick and Hawaii said "Hey, how about we pay for your travel, your hotel, you food, your everything and then pay you another $175k for accepting a game out here". Yeah, not too many programs will turn that down. That game was as much/more about the experience than it was the game. It had very little to do with the $175k

"Playing multiple FBS games every year just to get by" Holy f***, that was a dips*** comment.

The staff turnover? You mean, the issues beinge entirely on the offensive side of the ball with 3 coaches that have been with Farley from the very start? Yeah, clearly that turnover in coaches is killing the offense right now. Oh, the defensive turnover? Yeah. That tends to happen at most schools - I believe UNI has 3 or 4 former assistants on defense that are no DC/high position coaches at places like Oregon, Oklahoma (went to Michigan initially), etc... Yeah, they clearly should have turned those down and by accepting offers like that they are showing there is massive issues there. Oh, you mean that UNI's defense is still near the top of the conference/nation yearly? Yeah....xrolleyesx

The talent is every bit it has been, if not better, at every position, except OL. I think that's more a coaching issue right now though.

People can hate Sawyer all they want, it's the trendy thing to do right now. Look at what he was coming out of high school. Look at what he did as a freshman - hell, even last year. Sawyer is a hell of a talent. Eric Sanders was a walk on out of high school, I'm not sure he had any offers of any kind, he had terrible mechanics, forced a lot of throws, held on to the ball way too long, had terrible arm strength, and was 6'1 wearing shoes with an inch heel yet holds the career completion % in FCS history because Salmon called plays that suited his strengths. Compare that to Sawyer who was a 3 year starter at one of the best HS programs in the nation and set all kinds of school/Oklahoma records while there. The issues Sawyer has are no different than Sanders. The difference is Sanders wasn't asked to throw 20+ yards down field 10-15 times per game while ignoring the best back in program history (Sanders had Corey Lewis behind him, who before DJ was the best back in UNI history).

If you're going to try to s*** on a program, at least know what the f*** you're talking about first

JayJ79
November 4th, 2014, 04:29 PM
7 forced fumbles, 8 fumbles recovered (apparently someone just dropped the ball?)

a number of UNI's fumbles were unforced (bad snap, botched handoff, incomplete lateral/pitch).
'Tis not that unusual.

I'm sure that a number of opponent's fumbles fell into that category as well. For instance, ISUr's pitch to no one.

IBleedYellow
November 4th, 2014, 04:30 PM
I'm not trying to talk **** Chad. Calm down a little bit....I didn't even try to spin you up. I even said these are my opinions of your program and you jumped all over my ass.

xthumbsupx

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 04:31 PM
a number of UNI's fumbles were unforced (bad snap, botched handoff, incomplete lateral/pitch).
'Tis not that unusual.

I'm sure that a number of opponent's fumbles fell into that category as well. For instance, ISUr's pitch to no one.That's probably the "unforced" though maybe that was given as a forced?

I'll have to check

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not trying to talk **** Chad. Calm down a little bit....I didn't even try to spin you up.
Dude, if you're going to stay stupid **** and throw **** against the wall like a moron to try to tear a program down when you clearly don't know anything about the program don't expect something to not come back at you

IBleedYellow
November 4th, 2014, 04:32 PM
I even stated these are my opinions from the outside looking in. Thanks for jumping over someone for having an opinion.

JayJ79
November 4th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Also, it looks like there are about 5,000 Bison fans that will be making the trip down there this weekend.

Cloud of dust will be large in the UNI-Dome on Saturday.

coincidence? I think not.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/b7/09/ba/b709ba68028f5ee11d612975fc285e7e.jpg

IBleedYellow
November 4th, 2014, 04:37 PM
coincidence? I think not.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/b7/09/ba/b709ba68028f5ee11d612975fc285e7e.jpg

Need us NDSU fans to wipe that corn dust off of you guys? I suppose we can be nice if you'd like.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Give them a break, UNI still has hopes for their season for another few days.

Hammerhead
November 4th, 2014, 04:51 PM

That's like saying: "Other than that, how did you enjoy the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"

http://www.annexgalleries.com/images/items/large/15155/The-Assassination-of-President-Lincoln---At-Fords-Theatre-Washington-DC-April-14th-1865-by-Currier--Ives.jpg

TennBison
November 4th, 2014, 05:02 PM

I hope we don't, I just want to see 4-6 yard runs all game long. That would suit us just fine. With a few pass plays thrown in here and there for good measure.

FargoBison
November 4th, 2014, 05:26 PM

I will only say this, I have no idea what UNI's QB is going to do. I'm not sure I would make a prediction for the Bison to lose when I think the opposing team has a QB that could easily turn the ball over at least twice and complete under 50% of his passes.

unigriff
November 4th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Clenz - Agreed. Albeit less vulgarity from my side

unigriff
November 4th, 2014, 05:29 PM
I predict carnes has a positive career day. A coming out party if you will. I mean he was at Nebraska after all. He wants the big time showcase

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 05:41 PM
I predict carnes has a positive career day. A coming out party if you will. I mean he was at Nebraska after all. He wants the big time showcase
He threw one pass at Nebraska

There is a reason he transfered. Nebraska saw his qb ability and moved him to wr and i think they were trying to move him to db when he left

unigriff
November 4th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Exactly. Every game is a career gsme for him then lol

PantherRob82
November 4th, 2014, 07:48 PM

You're predicting a career day from a guy who hasn't shoen much composure in the biggest game of his career? I think you make predicitions that are unlikely just in case they happen so you can say you werr the only one. Lol

Bisonator
November 4th, 2014, 09:01 PM

From what I've seen you may be right.....except for that one word.xlolx

unigriff
November 4th, 2014, 10:09 PM
You're predicting a career day from a guy who hasn't shoen much composure in the biggest game of his career? I think you make predicitions that are unlikely just in case they happen so you can say you werr the only one. Lol

No I'm just not a pessimist like you and can see through several factors. He's due and if Farley is as good of a coach as I know him to be, then something will happen. It may be good, it may be not so good but we will learn a lot about Carnes. I honestly hate him, but for playing purposes, I'd pick him more often than not. And he didn't transfer to UNI not to show his skill level. Just hasn't been able to have the opportunity on a consistent basis. Now with two games under his belt, who knows....

My coaching record and trophy case would easily reflect such confidence and knowledge. And football isn't even my strong sport. It comes in a close 3rd. But if you think you can use so-so talent and beat me, bring it on. You will be sorely disappointed. I didn't get a head varsity job in 5 years for not knowing jack.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I've seen you may be right.....except for that one word.xlolx

True. Could go either way...but that's why i put the big P word in there. He's due.

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Dude, you coach ****ing high school football. Your "resume" online brags about coaching 2nd graders and your record in middle school baseball. Don't get carried away. (FWIW, I've not coached HS football but was offered a "high ranking" coaching position at a 4A school (in Iowa that's the largest class).

Like I said, look at my record coaching middle school baseball. Does that make me a great coach?

Carnes is a complete dog **** quarterback. He's completed 47% of his career passes. If you can't get a gauge for what he is as a QB then...well...

THE HERD
November 4th, 2014, 10:15 PM
I believe UNI has a solid chance of winning this game, but to do so they need Kollmorgen at QB. I just don't see a QB like Carnes who is completing passes at a 47% clip beating this Bison D. The Kitties best chance to win formula is Kollmorgen at QB and give DJ the ball 25-30 times, if they do that I believe they eek out a close one by 3 points or less. At the same time it would not shock me to see the Bison run away with it in the second half and win by 14+. Should be a great game......can't wait!

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Are you actually the head coach of a varsity football team?

I'm looking at the school district you're in (apparently) and I see you as a 7th grade football coach with a head varsity coach with a name of something other than yours.

Have they not updated their website?

Maybe I'm in the wrong school system. Please, link us to your amazing resume and stats for your team

Bisonoline
November 4th, 2014, 10:59 PM
No I'm just not a pessimist like you and can see through several factors. He's due and if Farley is as good of a coach as I know him to be, then something will happen. It may be good, it may be not so good but we will learn a lot about Carnes. I honestly hate him, but for playing purposes, I'd pick him more often than not. And he didn't transfer to UNI not to show his skill level. Just hasn't been able to have the opportunity on a consistent basis. Now with two games under his belt, who knows....

My coaching record and trophy case would easily reflect such confidence and knowledge. And football isn't even my strong sport. It comes in a close 3rd. But if you think you can use so-so talent and beat me, bring it on. You will be sorely disappointed. I didn't get a head varsity job in 5 years for not knowing jack.

- - - Updated - - -

True. Could go either way...but that's why i put the big P word in there. He's due.

I dont think I would trust the outcome of this game on the assumption that he is due? Really?

As far as your so called accomplishments? Those who are actually successful dont have to brag about it. Your a phoney.

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 11:00 PM
I dont think I would trust the outcome of this game on the assumption that he is due? Really?

As far as your so called accomplishments? Those who are actually successful dont have to brag about it. Your a phoney.
He won't post his accomplishments.

He forgets that people know who he is and can track them down even if he doesn't pos them.

Bisonoline
November 4th, 2014, 11:02 PM
He won't post his accomplishments.

He forgets that people know who he is and can track them down even if he doesn't pos them..

Guys like him are a dime a dozen. Sports bars are packed with them

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2014, 11:06 PM

Guys like him are a dime a dozen. Sports bars are packed with them

Yeah......but do they PuMp It Up!!!

Thundar
November 4th, 2014, 11:25 PM
I'm really nervous about this game, we have not played well on the road except iowa st, some people say we are ok to drop one game but I don't want to, I want a clear cut top seed to the playoffs, we win this one I think we run the table, lose it we probably finish 11-1 and I don't trust the incompetent selection committee

344Johnson
November 4th, 2014, 11:30 PM
I'm really nervous about this game, we have not played well on the road except iowa st, some people say we are ok to drop one game but I don't want to, I want a clear cut top seed to the playoffs, we win this one I think we run the table, lose it we probably finish 11-1 and I don't trust the incompetent selection committee

Ndsu will be a top 2 seed even if they lose a game.

PantherRob82
November 4th, 2014, 11:33 PM

- - - Updated - - -

A coaching expert wouldn't call me a pessimist for using reality as a gauge for my opinions and predictions.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe UNI has a solid chance of winning this game, but to do so they need Kollmorgen at QB. I just don't see a QB like Carnes who is completing passes at a 47% clip beating this Bison D. The Kitties best chance to win formula is Kollmorgen at QB and give DJ the ball 25-30 times, if they do that I believe they eek out a close one by 3 points or less. At the same time it would not shock me to see the Bison run away with it in the second half and win by 14+. Should be a great game......can't wait!

This.

PantherRob82
November 4th, 2014, 11:36 PM

It's like he forgets that we know who he is. We heard his assisnine thoughts and opinions in person at games. Not impressed at all. Congrats on getting into the Texas 2nd-8th grade Coaching Hall of Fame.

JayJ79
November 4th, 2014, 11:41 PM
If UNI goes with Kollmorgen, I sure hope he performs better than he did at Indiana State and against SDSU.

and if UNI goes with Carnes, I sure hope he performs better than he did against Illinois State.

PantherRob82
November 4th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Jay, face it, we're screwed if nothing new happens. :D

JayJ79
November 4th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Jay, face it, we're screwed if nothing new happens. :D

I just keep hoping that the team (players and coaching staff) somehow manages to have some epiphany that enables them to come up with (and execute) a scheme of plays that utilizes the strengths of the offense and minimizes the weaknesses.

I'd also like to win the lottery and have a beautiful woman fall madly in love with me.
I'd say the likelihood of either of any of those scenarios occuring are roughly the same.

clenz
November 5th, 2014, 12:12 AM
If UNI goes with Kollmorgen, I sure hope he performs better than he did at Indiana State and against SDSU.

and if UNI goes with Carnes, I sure hope he performs better than he did against Illinois State.
Carnes will need to play better than he's ever played. The best completion % he's ever had is 57. I'll stop repeating his stat line, but if Carnes plays the only way UNI wins is if he completes 60% of his passes, doesn't throw a pick, and finds about 240 yards somehow

Basically he needs to do what he did against WIU...but do it better

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2014, 12:14 AM
Me too. I go to the game, cheer for the team, and enjoy myself when I'm not banging my head against the bleachers.

One of my favorite parts last week was when some guy behind the UNI bench was yelling at the coaching staff, but so quietly that we could barley hear him in row 15. So we spent about 5 mins whispering obnoxious insults "to the coaches". Good times has by all.

I've never left a game where we won like that thinking "man we are terrible". First time for everything I guess. :)

Bisonoline
November 5th, 2014, 12:14 AM
It's like he forgets that we know who he is. We heard his assisnine thoughts and opinions in person at games. Not impressed at all. Congrats on getting into the Texas 2nd-8th grade Coaching Hall of Fame.

So what happened with Kollmorgen? I thought the kid was going to be a stud?

clenz
November 5th, 2014, 12:15 AM
I just keep hoping that the team (players and coaching staff) somehow manages to have some epiphany that enables them to come up with (and execute) a scheme of plays that utilizes the strengths of the offense and minimizes the weaknesses.

I'd also like to win the lottery and have a beautiful woman fall madly in love with me.
I'd say the likelihood of either of any of those scenarios occuring are roughly the same.
I've been hoping that same thing for a couple years now Jay.

It takes a lot to beat me to this point of being so "negative" about a team. I grew up a Twins, Vikings and Clippers fan so I'm used to being let down. I'm used to being let down by UNI's football team but it's to a level that is just depressing right now. I've been the biggest UNI homer on this forum for a long time and have done everything I can to spin UNI into something they weren't since 2010. The fact is I can hope in my right hand and crap in my left and only one is going to fill up with anything.

After years of watching this UNI system fail my hope is gone. It's going to take some extremely strange/deep/immediate epiphany (great choice of word by you on that one, by the way) for it to change and my thoughts on this offensive staff to change.

clenz
November 5th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Lack of development by the staff and mostly just the UNI fan base needing a scapegoat and falling into the "the back up is always the most popular player on the team" mantra.

Sawyer has 3 times as many passing yards and 3 times as many TDs as Carnes this year, a completiong % that's about 6 points higher than Carnes. However, when Sawyer was playing DJ wasn't getting touches. It's amazing that the games Carnes starts we win...but people seem to forget the fact that we likely won those games because DJ touched the ball 35 times and not because we played a QB that's 29-63 with 5 or 6 picks in those games.

Sawyer was the man his freshman year. His sophomore year Carnes came in and UNI's coaches infatuation with running QB's was too much to overcome. They started playing Carnes more and more and you could just see Sawyer losing confidence everytime he was pulled for a QB that completes 47% of his passes. He still threw for 1800 yards, despite missing 3 games with a concussion.

This season the coaches took the "competition" to the day of the Iowa game and Sawyer's confidence was completely gone, and it's not coming back. The coaches got him to the point where he was always looking over his shoulder knowing that one mistake (no matter how small) was going to get it pulled. He started playing tight. He was having less fun ont he field. It was all very noticeable from where I stand. You can just see it with his body language.

Carnes is gone after this year and Sawyer is mentally gone.

This entire situation is a cluster and it's a shame to see UNI waste a talent like Sawyer. It's just nuts

JayJ79
November 5th, 2014, 12:29 AM
Carnes will need to play better than he's ever played. The best completion % he's ever had is 57. I'll stop repeating his stat line, but if Carnes plays the only way UNI wins is if he completes 60% of his passes, doesn't throw a pick, and finds about 240 yards somehow

Basically he needs to do what he did against WIU...but do it better

Last year against YSU, Carnes went 18-30 (60%) for 219 yards and 2 TDs,
and against MSU, he went 14-21 (67%) for 120 yards.
It may or may not be relevant that in those games he rushed for 65 yds on 17 carries, and 41 yards on 12 carries respectively.

clenz
November 5th, 2014, 12:31 AM
Last year against YSU, Carnes went 18-30 (60%) for 219 yards and 2 TDs,
and against MSU, he went 14-21 (67%) for 120 yards.
It may or may not be relevant that in those games he rushed for 65 yds on 17 carries, and 41 yards on 12 carries respectively.
How many touches did DJ have? I honestly don't remember and don't feel like looking tonight.

The fact he was running in those games likely has a big part of that.

What does it tell you though, that he can have those kinds of numbers in those games and yet still have a career % of 47ish?

I could probably find a way to complete 55-60% of passes in a game once or twice. Doesn't make me a good QB.

JayJ79
November 5th, 2014, 12:33 AM
so what type of player has the more fragile ego/confidence level: kickers or quarterbacks? How would baseball pitchers fit into the mix?

JayJ79
November 5th, 2014, 12:36 AM
How many touches did DJ have? I honestly don't remember and don't feel like looking tonight.

DJ did not play in the YSU game, though he had a monster day against MSU (37 carries for 172 yds and 2 TDs)

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2014, 12:38 AM

Concussions or bad coaching? Didn't get spanked enough as a kid? Mercury was retrograde? Black isn't a school color?

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2014, 12:40 AM
All in All, I think unigriff wants our special day on Saturday to be just that, ours, and special. So we should just "Relax", get a little "Knee Deep" in excitement and "Let the Good Times Roll".

Not sure if he was referring to the UNI-NDSU game or being a wedding DJ. It's amazing how Google can help you find ways to call people on their bs.

clenz
November 5th, 2014, 12:46 AM
Saturday should be a special day for us and our loved ones. Hopefully the coaching staff can get tuned in to the type of football music that speaks to the players and allows them to perform at their best level.

Should that not happen we'll see an empty dome the rest of the season. People, or customers, not showing up means the customer isn't happy. The staff/athletic department needs to keep the customers happy. After all, the customer is always right and deserves the best

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2014, 12:53 AM
It's amazing, Clenz. If I type your name, baseball coach, and Iowa into Google, it confirms that you were a middle school coach. Same with my name and coaching experience. I would guess the same with many other users on this board.

But the one user who wants to whip his dick out and talk about trophies has one result and it doesn't match up with his story. Throw in the fact that his social media seems to sell him out as well and it's sad.

JayJ79
November 5th, 2014, 12:56 AM
yep. If a team can't beat the 3-time defending FCS champion and snap their 33-game winning streak, that is the final straw and I just don't want to be associated with them anymore.

clenz
November 5th, 2014, 01:02 AM
It's amazing, Clenz. If I type your name, baseball coach, and Iowa into Google, it confirms that you were a middle school coach. Same with my name and coaching experience. I would guess the same with many other users on this board.

But the one user who wants to whip his dick out and talk about trophies has one result and it doesn't match up with his story. Throw in the fact that his social media seems to sell him out as well and it's sad.
As added proof i did coach here are photos from after the 09 and 10 conference tournament. Finished both years undefeated

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/04/7bc0b094c67361c403080dc53f34b05e.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/04/05d6144337d09e371594d8cc9e048353.jpg

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2014, 02:00 AM

As a coaching guru, you should know that Farley has little, to nothing, to do with Carnes success. Everyone knows Farley sticks to the defensive side of the ball. He doesn't coach him up, he doesn't call the plays.

You say he's due and say something will happen, maybe good, maybe not so good. Really? Do I even need to break that down for you?

Why do you "honestly hate him"? Do you know him personally?

I'm not sure why you issue a challenge since I'm not sure how we would arrange a battle of coaching since we don't coach against each other? We've already covered the rest of your "resume".

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 5th, 2014, 07:27 AM
As added proof i did coach here are photos from after the 09 and 10 conference tournament. Finished both years undefeated

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/04/7bc0b094c67361c403080dc53f34b05e.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/04/05d6144337d09e371594d8cc9e048353.jpg

Looks like you put on a little weight between 2009 and 2010...

clenz
November 5th, 2014, 07:42 AM
As a coaching guru, you should know that Farley has little, to nothing, to do with Carnes success. Everyone knows Farley sticks to the defensive side of the ball. He doesn't coach him up, he doesn't call the plays.

You say he's due and say something will happen, maybe good, maybe not so good. Really? Do I even need to break that down for you?

Why do you "honestly hate him"? Do you know him personally?

I'm not sure why you issue a challenge since I'm not sure how we would arrange a battle of coaching since we don't coach against each other? We've already covered the rest of your "resume".
The fact that Farley has nothing to do with the offense and Griff thinks that Farley is going to wave a magic wand and make something good happens is funny. Farley has admitted in the pat he has very little input on the offense.

It's part of the reason I found it laughable IBleedYellow wanted to blame coaching turnover for UNI's offensive issues. The offensive coaches haven't changed but the defense turns them over real quick yet the defense is consistently good/great and will be as long as Farley is here.

He needs to break his loyalty issues with Salmon, Nelson, and Verduzco and get some offensive coaches in there that have fresh ideas and techniques that might work

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like you put on a little weight between 2009 and 2010...
Some, but it's not quite what those make it look like.

Still wear the same size pants I did in 09...

Sycamore62
November 5th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Clenz, In the first photo you are making the same face I imagine you make when you type posts on here.

EDIT: and I just Google'd my name, football and Indiana State and of 10 hits, 1 came from a list of people committed to be at homecoming a few years ago on the ISU forum, 1 because my HS coach was put in a HOF and 1 from some fanbase website. the rest were Nicholls St, a current ISUb player with 2 "L"s in his name.

I think I'm gonna go off the grid.

UNIFanSince1983
November 5th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Clenz, In the first photo you are making the same face I imagine you make when you type posts on here.

EDIT: and I just Google'd my name, football and Indiana State and of 10 hits, 1 came from a list of people committed to be at homecoming a few years ago on the ISU forum, 1 because my HS coach was put in a HOF and 1 from some fanbase website. the rest were Nicholls St, a current ISUb player with 2 "L"s in his name.

I think I'm gonna go off the grid.

Sounds like you already are xpeacex

Sycamore62
November 5th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Sounds like you already are xpeacex

thats what i thought, Im going to have my wife post here for me so you guys can still get my expertise.

her screen name will be "getoffthedamncomputer62"

dewey
November 5th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Any updates on how Jake Farley doing?

Dewey

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Any updates on how is Jake Farley doing?

Dewey

They have him chained up and throw him a couple steaks a day so he doesn't chew his way out. Judging by his demeanor after the last play of the ISU game he is freakin jacked.

clenz
November 5th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Jake leads team in tackles (Second in solo stops), multiple TFL, sack, INT, 9 PBU/PD, and a QB hit

I'd say he's doing okay

Whatever they are injecting into the steaks they feed him so he doesn't chew himself free is working

dewey
November 5th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Jake leads team in tackles (Second in solo stops), multiple TFL, sack, INT, 9 PBU/PD, and a QB hit

I'd say he's doing okay

Whatever they are injecting into the steaks they feed him so he doesn't chew himself free is working

Good to hear he has made a full recovery from his broken leg.

Dewey

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Good to hear he has made a full recovery from his broken leg.

Dewey

I'm sure you would have been ok if he missed this game. ;)

What a bad deal for him last year to go through that bad of an injury on a fluke play. I'm excited for Saturday.

UNIFanSince1983
November 5th, 2014, 10:41 AM
I'm sure you would have been ok if he missed this game. ;)

What a bad deal for him last year to go through that bad of an injury on a fluke play. I'm excited for Saturday.

It's happened to him twice now. To say the least the kid is resilient!

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2014, 11:01 AM
It's happened to him twice now. To say the least the kid is resilient!

At least over time. Too bad he didn't heal on the spot. That would be legendary. Dude's leg snaps and 30 seconds later he gets up and walks to the sideline to sit out a play. I'm going to miss him, but his brother is crazy awesome too. I don't know if he has the same skill set, but he has the same passion and if you don't believe that then I challenge you to a game of Tecmo Super Bowl to demonstrate my dominating football knowledge.

That's why Nick Saban hired me to coach the Alabama offense. I came back to Iowa because I got tired of yelling at that Sims kid.

Sycamore62
November 5th, 2014, 11:03 AM
can i get in on this. what happened to him and what is the joke part

clenz
November 5th, 2014, 11:08 AM
At least over time. Too bad he didn't heal on the spot. That would be legendary. Dude's leg snaps and 30 seconds later he gets up and walks to the sideline to sit out a play. I'm going to miss him, but his brother is crazy awesome too. I don't know if he has the same skill set, but he has the same passion and if you don't believe that then I challenge you to a game of Tecmo Super Bowl to demonstrate my dominating football knowledge.

That's why Nick Saban hired me to coach the Alabama offense. I came back to Iowa because I got tired of yelling at that Sims kid.
xoutofrepx

For real though, I know a lot of people saying Farley the youngest (Jared) is only playing because it's Mark's son. He's one of just a small handful of true freshman to play in the last decade.

He has a higher ceiling that Jake. He isn't as "lumbering" as Jake. Will be fun to watch him grow into the role

- - - Updated - - -

can i get in on this. what happened to him and what is the joke part
Which part - the unigriff part of the Jake Farley part?

Sycamore62
November 5th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Which part - the unigriff part of the Jake Farley part?

the Farley part. real injury or something vs ISUr?

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2014, 11:15 AM

NDSU injury last year.

UNIFanSince1983
November 5th, 2014, 11:16 AM

Talking with Pat Mitchell he has said Jared Farley was one the best players he ever coached (take that for what you will as Mitch is always a bit into hyperbole). The kid can hit, and just has a nose for the football. I think it is entirely possible he ends up better than Jake. We will have to see how it pans out, but he does appear to have a higher ceiling. He did fill in quite well when Busher was out.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 5th, 2014, 11:17 AM

Last year when Jesse Hinz shoved Xavier Williams back so hard he fell on Farleys leg and broke it.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 5th, 2014, 11:20 AM
The only time UNI gets injured is when they play NDSU because they are all so dirty.

clenz
November 5th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Very real.

Joe Theisman-esque real.

No pictures of the break on the field, but

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/4/2f/42fc73d4-b562-5d0d-b661-e49ee6074aa4/5253f75a46327.preview-620.jpg

http://kwwl.images.worldnow.com/images/23622908_SA.jpg

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/7b/27bc9177-840c-5647-9ac5-4997f5f91768/5259f3725e9ca.preview-620.jpg

I don't think he was walking until Jan. Going into the Iowa game to start the year he had no idea if he'd be able to go until the day of the game. He had a rod inserted into that leg

A broken leg also cost him is rFr year at Kansas.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Talking with Pat Mitchell he has said Jared Farley was one the best players he ever coached (take that for what you will as Mitch is always a bit into hyperbole). The kid can hit, and just has a nose for the football. I think it is entirely possible he ends up better than Jake. We will have to see how it pans out, but he does appear to have a higher ceiling. He did fill in quite well when Busher was out.

I guess he broke his foot carrying the ball his senior year. Mark was pissed from what I heard.

clenz
November 5th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I guess he broke his foot carrying the ball his senior year. Mark was pissed from what I heard.
Yeah, he missed his senior year because of a stupid injury.

He was elite all state as a JR, all conference and metro of a sophomore.

He likely would have had some pretty nice offfers had he played.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Yeah, he missed his senior year because of a stupid injury.

He was elite all state as a JR, all conference and metro of a sophomore.

He likely would have had some pretty nice offers had he played.

If only unigriff was the varsity head coach at CF....

NoDak 4 Ever
November 5th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Very real.

Joe Theisman-esque real.

No pictures of the break on the field, but

I'll keep this in thumbnail for the squeamish because it's pretty bad.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2014, 12:10 PM

If you look closely you can see Bohl pointing and saying, "see if we run this play like this, and push this guy here, and then knock the marble down like in the hit board game Mousetrap and the boot kicks something and the mouse gets caught with the cheese, then we should break Farley's leg."

Man you guys are dirty. :p

NoDak 4 Ever
November 5th, 2014, 12:18 PM
If you look closely you can see Bohl pointing and saying, "see if we run this play like this, and push this guy here, and then knock the marble down like in the hit board game Mousetrap and the boot kicks something and the mouse gets caught with the cheese, then we should break Farley's leg."

yep, genius

clenz
November 5th, 2014, 12:34 PM

Imagine what that legs looks like in about 3 frames

NoDak 4 Ever
November 5th, 2014, 12:46 PM

Yep, I thought that was the more gentle pic to use. For those who didn't see it, that leg ends up almost flat on the ground with that notable bend and the body above his knee parallel to it.

NDSUSR
November 5th, 2014, 12:50 PM
About like Anderson Silvas.

http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/Sports/USA_Today/20131228_jla_aj4_533-78c9ea1c1171d3fac065c069e59797b0

Sycamore62
November 5th, 2014, 01:13 PM
I tried to draw the play up....

If i knew the computers it would be funny

dewey
November 5th, 2014, 01:31 PM
I won't be able to watch the game this weekend as it is deer hunting opener in Minnesota so I will be relying on updates from my father in law. My good spot better be able to get a good signal or I might have to move to a less suitable spot:-)

At the beginning of the year this was the game that concerned me the most. I like the idea of UNI with Carnes at QB. I would assume NDSU will play man to man on the outside and keep Heagle or Dudzik in or near the box in order to contain Johnson. Defensively is where I think UNI concerns me more. Xavier Williams is a stud.

Who else are the play makers on D for UNI?

I think the game comes down to how well NDSU can contain Johnson and force Carnes to throw the ball. This reminds me of the 2011 National Title game when SHSU would try to run the spread option with Sincere and Flanders. For UNI to win Carnes needs to be able to throw the ball better than 10 for 30. Offensively I think NDSU needs to at least be able to get enough first downs to flip the field on UNI and make them drive the entire field to score points.

In the end I think the Bison get the job done in the second half and win 17-7.

Dewey

UNIFanSince1983
November 5th, 2014, 01:45 PM
I won't be able to watch the game this weekend as it is deer hunting opener in Minnesota so I will be relying on updates from my father in law. My good spot better be able to get a good signal or I might have to move to a less suitable spot:-)

At the beginning of the year this was the game that concerned me the most. I like the idea of UNI with Carnes at QB. I would assume NDSU will play man to man on the outside and keep Heagle or Dudzik in or near the box in order to contain Johnson. Defensively is where I think UNI concerns me more. Xavier Williams is a stud.

I think the game comes down to how well NDSU can contain Johnson and force Carnes to throw the ball. This reminds me of the 2011 National Title game when SHSU would try to run the spread option with Sincere and Flanders. For UNI to win Carnes needs to be able to throw the ball better than 10 for 30. Offensively I think NDSU needs to at least be able to get enough first downs to flip the field on UNI and make them drive the entire field to score points.

Dewey

It is hard to say who the playmakers are as there have been quite a few. Brett McMakin has been a stud all year long. Obviously, Xavier Williams is a huge playmaker (pun intended). Farley and Busher have been great at linebacker. On any given day someone in the secondary will make the plays. Last week it was Tim Kilfoy with 2 picks including the clinching pick six. Ray Mitchell has a pick six, and then Diondre Hall is probably our best DB with 4 picks and a pick six. The entire defense has been our playmaker this year, but those are some who have stood out to me.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 5th, 2014, 01:47 PM
I just hope they're nice win or lose on Saturday night. I'm staying in town.

TennBison
November 5th, 2014, 06:19 PM

If the UNI defensive linemen could stay on their feet and not lay on Farley's leg then......................

NoDak 4 Ever
November 5th, 2014, 06:21 PM
If the UNI defensive linemen could stay on their feet and not lay on Farley's leg then......................

Thats their big stud Williams. He got blown up by Jesse Hinz.

TennBison
November 5th, 2014, 06:24 PM

Pretty hard to see Bohl esp since that is the UNI sideline.

TennBison
November 5th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Thats their big stud Williams. He got blown up by Jesse Hinz.
Blown up my a$$, he got nuked, at least 5-6 times that game.

JayJ79
November 5th, 2014, 07:08 PM

just goes to show that he was a dirty dirty cheat. :p

Bronco
November 5th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Question
Coach Farley had a son on the team last year that was hurt
Is he recovered and playing or is his career over?

TennBison
November 5th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Question
He has recovered, he is playing, and his career will be over at the end of the regular season.

dewey
November 5th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Question

I asked the same question on page 12 post #120 and the UNI fans were kind enough to respond. Good to see a young man that had broke his leg make a full recovery.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Bisonoline
November 5th, 2014, 09:50 PM

Dewey

Dewey
Where you hunting? I will be north of Bagley up by Clearbrook.

dewey
November 6th, 2014, 06:33 AM
Dewey
Where you hunting? I will be north of Bagley up by Clearbrook.

I will be hunting between Hallock Minnesota and Pembina North Dakota. Good luck to you and be safe.

2 more days until deer hunting! Woooooooooo! I am excited that we will probably be able to watch 5 he second half of the game.

Dewey

Drblankstare
November 6th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Deer hunting huh. What a coincidence, I happen to work for the government as a Venison inspector, yah thats it. So I will pm you my home address and you can kindly send me a pound of sausage and jerky. I will verify that your deer is edible.:D
Be safe and good luck

344Johnson
November 6th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Deer hunting huh. What a coincidence, I happen to work for the government as a Venison inspector, yah thats it. So I will pm you my home address and you can kindly send me a pound of sausage and jerky. I will verify that your deer is edible.:D
Be safe and good luck

That's the only way that stuff is edible! Roommate made some venison steak once and goodness. Awful compared to beef

JayJ79
November 6th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Be safe and good luck
This is a football discussion forum. If you want to beg for sausage, please move it to another forum. xnonox

PantherRob82
November 6th, 2014, 10:55 AM

You have failed the IQ test. Thanks for playing.

BISON Thunder
November 6th, 2014, 11:37 AM
...and his scream made it clear (at least to me) something really bad had occurred. Felt for his Dad too, and thought he was a class act during the post game presser. Happy that Jake has made the recovery. Hope he, and all the players come through Saturday's game healthy.

Sycamore62
November 6th, 2014, 12:28 PM
...and his scream made it clear (at least to me) something really bad had occurred. Felt for his Dad too, and thought he was a class act during the post game presser. Happy that Jake has made the recovery. Hope he, and all the players come through Saturday's game healthy.

Reminds me of the noise I made in 1996 when a LB from then Southwest Missouri St and I(a guard) were both going for a blocked pass on about the 3yd line. I caught it and he stuck his finger in my brain via my eye socket(or that's how it felt) unintentionally. It was bad enough that A) I thought my eye was out and B) he was checking for me.

him: "move your hands"
me: "I can't move my ****ing hands!!!"

and since attendance was pretty low, my parents didn't need to come down from the stands to know what was going on.

TennBison
November 6th, 2014, 04:37 PM
You have failed the IQ test. Thanks for playing.
Feel free to elaborate. You did see that I posted that in purple, that means it is a joke, oh wait, doesn't UNI have purple for colors, that would mean......................say it everybody.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 6th, 2014, 05:05 PM

I do see this team running undefeated during the regular season. They have proven, so far, that they can take everyone's best effort for 9 weeks now. IMO, this defense is just as good as last year or maybe even a little better. The Bison offense is finding its stride and Carson is making very good decisions.

I'll be there cheering my ass off!!

Bison win 27-13

semobison
November 6th, 2014, 05:48 PM
A loss in one of these next two games wouldn't surprise me and I don't think one loss would hurt us at all going into the playoffs. Rather now than later. Winning out wouldn't surprise me either! I have no clue, I am just going to sit back and enjoy it!

PantherRob82
November 6th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Feel free to elaborate. You did see that I posted that in purple, that means it is a joke, oh wait, doesn't UNI have purple for colors, that would mean......................say it everybody.

Never heard of that before. Guess it was just a stupid post instead if an idiotic one. :)

UNIFanSince1983
November 6th, 2014, 05:53 PM
I do see this team running undefeated during the regular season. They have proven, so far, that they can take everyone's best effort for 9 weeks now. IMO, this defense is just as good as last year or maybe even a little better. The Bison offense is finding its stride and Carson is making very good decisions.

I'll be there cheering my ass off!!

Bison win 27-13

I'm actually with you on this one. I haven't see too much of you guys this year on TV, but it has seemed like you are more impressive this year so far than you were last year. The defense certainly looks every bit as good this year as it was last year if not better. The offense has looked like it is hitting a stride recently. Only 2 games under 200 yards rushing all season long too.

I honestly see very little chance for us to win this game.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2014, 06:00 PM
I hope it's an embarrassing lost for the kitties. Looking at Panthernation, I want to see the full implosion of another lost season. 3 in a row!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 6th, 2014, 08:53 PM
I'm actually with you on this one. I haven't see too much of you guys this year on TV, but it has seemed like you are more impressive this year so far than you were last year. The defense certainly looks every bit as good this year as it was last year if not better. The offense has looked like it is hitting a stride recently. Only 2 games under 200 yards rushing all season long too.

I honestly see very little chance for us to win this game.

UNI can certainly beat the Bison in this game. They have the talent to do it. It will come down to execution and mistakes. Hopefully the Bison can play error free, as in turnovers. Last year's turnovers almost lost the game.

I agree with clenz that SK would be a better option at QB but I'm just an armchair QB....xthumbsupx

I'm looking forward to this game. First time at the UNIDome.

Any Panther fans on here tailgating on Saturday?

UNIFanSince1983
November 7th, 2014, 07:56 AM
I will most definitely be out there tailgating on Saturday.

clenz
November 7th, 2014, 08:00 AM
I'm lost without the knowledge of a great coach like Griff.

Where did he go to all of a sudden, once called on his bull****?

Someone that posts on PN, can you tell me if he is posting there and just avoiding here?

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2014, 08:29 AM
I made the mistake of reading Panthernation yesterday......wow.

clenz
November 7th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Why?

I warned you about doing that when I was in Fargo, did I not?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 7th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Why?

I disagree, it's comedy gold.

PantherRob82
November 7th, 2014, 08:57 AM
It's embarrassing to read the stupid posts from both fan bases on PN.

PantherRob82
November 7th, 2014, 08:59 AM
I'm lost without the knowledge of a great coach like Griff.

Where did he go to all of a sudden, once called on his bull****?

Someone that posts on PN, can you tell me if he is posting there and just avoiding here?

He has posted over there. I saw him on the logged in users list here the other day. Truth hurts, I guess.

I'd just admit it and have a good laugh, but if he decides to lurk or start a new user name (wouldn't be the first time) then more power to him.

IBleedYellow
November 7th, 2014, 09:51 AM
FYI, I'm going hunting until Monday. If NDSU loses...I'm not hiding away from the boards. I'm hunting. Talk to you all later, have a safe weekend.

GO BISON!

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Why?

You did....I'm a glutton for punishment I guess. xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
November 7th, 2014, 09:59 AM
You did....I'm a glutton for punishment I guess. xlolx

After NoDak talked about it I decided to check it out for the first time in a while. There was arguing about which state was more scenic. I left. That places is too crazy for me. Apparently I am not enough of a homer to be able to stand reading the crap spewed on there.

clenz
November 7th, 2014, 10:04 AM
After NoDak talked about it I decided to check it out for the first time in a while. There was arguing about which state was more scenic. I left. That places is too crazy for me. Apparently I am not enough of a homer to be able to stand reading the crap spewed on there.
When I left it was 99% every thread turning into a "we hate dual fans" and the dual fans going "You're morons we don't defend Iowa ever and bash UNI ever!!!" in the same thread they are doing exactly that.

I've worked in 3 difference settings with crazy people (diagnosed as low IQ/insane) and was able to have more rational discussions at work than I was there.

Maybe that says more about me?

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2014, 10:07 AM
When I left it was 99% every thread turning into a "we hate dual fans" and the dual fans going "You're morons we don't defend Iowa ever and bash UNI ever!!!" in the same thread they are doing exactly that.

I've worked in 3 difference settings with crazy people (diagnosed as low IQ/insane) and was able to have more rational discussions at work than I was there.

I think each individual fan board has their own set of problems/poster profiles. You can usually tell what a school's "primary sport" is by trying to read threads involving non-primary sports too....dumpster fires everywhere.

Sycamore62
November 7th, 2014, 10:09 AM

lower expectations.

TennBison
November 7th, 2014, 12:10 PM
I got a kick out of that topic as well. I am the first to admit that I myself don't find ND to be very scenic (outside of the Badlands area), but that is my point of view and I have many reasons for wanting to be/live there. However,most of the UNI fans seem to think Iowa is some sort of combination of Hawaii(beaches),NYC(nightlife),and the Rockies(mountains)and Mn(lakes and rivers). I wonder to myself "have you people even been to Iowa", it is for the most part just like ND, just not as cold.

Grizalltheway
November 7th, 2014, 12:25 PM
I got a kick out of that topic as well. I am the first to admit that I myself don't find ND to be very scenic (outside of the Badlands area), but that is my point of view and I have many reasons for wanting to be/live there. However,most of the UNI fans seem to think Iowa is some sort of combination of Hawaii(beaches),NYC(nightlife),and the Rockies(mountains)and Mn(lakes and rivers). I wonder to myself "have you people even been to Iowa", it is for the most part just like ND, just not as cold.

I remember all that crap from the week before our game in 2011. All I could do was shake my head and laugh.

Professor Chaos
November 7th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Too bad Andy Fales can't do a cameo and make another one of these for the UNI/NDSU game:

http://whotv.com/2014/08/26/soundoff-whats-bugging-andy-12/

The Iowa tourism nazis can give their harumphs around the 1:30 mark.

UNIFanSince1983
November 7th, 2014, 01:13 PM
I remember all that crap from the week before our game in 2011. All I could do was shake my head and laugh.

Yeah you can clearly get a more scenic view sitting in WaGriz than you can ANYWHERE in Iowa. And this is why I do not frequent Panther Nation.

clenz
November 7th, 2014, 01:17 PM
On the topic of the actual game..

UNI going all purple tomorrow. First time I ever remember seeing that...right?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B13H2N0CAAARAmd.jpg:largehttp://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/tottenham-symbol-logo_zpsec9ab00e.png

UNIFanSince1983
November 7th, 2014, 01:22 PM
I saw Steve Nurse tweet that. I like it. We have done it before, but I was maybe in elementary or middle school when I remember it happening.

PantherRob82
November 7th, 2014, 01:52 PM
I don't think we've done it since the Dunbar era.

marenlee
November 7th, 2014, 02:32 PM

Were they arguing if wheat fields or corn fields were prettier?

UNIFanSince1983
November 7th, 2014, 03:15 PM
I don't think we've done it since the Dunbar era.

Yeah so I guess that would have been junior high or high school for me. I thought the one time was in TA's days, but could have been Dunbar. Steve Nurse said he doesn't remember ever doing it except for a spring game, but I am unaware of how long he has been the equipment manager.

Fun fact if we lose tomorrow and miss the playoffs it will be the first time since the three Dunbar years that we have missed the playoffs for three straight years.

Grizalltheway
November 7th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Were they arguing if wheat fields or corn fields were prettier?

No, I think the debate was cows vs pigs...

clenz
November 7th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Yeah so I guess that would have been junior high or high school for me. I thought the one time was in TA's days, but could have been Dunbar. Steve Nurse said he doesn't remember ever doing it except for a spring game, but I am unaware of how long he has been the equipment manager.

Fun fact if we lose tomorrow and miss the playoffs it will be the first time since the three Dunbar years that we have missed the playoffs for three straight years.
Steve Nurse was named UNI's Equipment Manager in August of 1993.
At the time of his appointment, he had been assistant manager at Menard's Hardware Store in Omaha, Neb., since February 1993. Prior to that, he had been an assistant manager for Eby's Athletic Co. in Council Bluffs, Iowa, and was a store manager for Pro Sports in Fairfield, Iowa.
No stranger to UNI, Nurse was an assistant equipment manager for the Panthers from 1984-88. He received his bachelor's degree in Community Recreation from UNI in 1988.
The Nurse family has a long tradition at UNI, as Nurse's brothers have been associated with Panther athletics. Tom was a member of the UNI track team in the late 1970's, while Ken played baseball for the Panthers in the early 1980's. Nick starred in basketball in the late '80s, and the oldest brother, Jim was a graduate assistant in 1980 for J.D. Anderson's baseball squad. Marcella, the mother of all these former Panthers, also received her teaching certification from UNI, which was called Iowa State Teachers College at the time. Nurse has been a certified member of the Athletic Equipment Managers Assoc. since 1994 and the local Knights of Columbus.
Nurse serves as staff representative for the UNI campus's Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Nurse recently served as Athletic Director at St. Patric'ks School in Cedar Falls.
He enjoys working out in the WRC and camping with his family. His wife's name is Lori, and the couple has two children - Rachel and Andrew.
In his free time, Nurse helps coach his son, Andrew's IBL baseball team.

http://www.unipanthers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26200&ATCLID=205206465

Basically, Nurse has been around UNI athletics since the 1970s and as a member of the athletic department since 1984

UNIFanSince1983
November 7th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Steve Nurse was named UNI's Equipment Manager in August of 1993.
At the time of his appointment, he had been assistant manager at Menard's Hardware Store in Omaha, Neb., since February 1993. Prior to that, he had been an assistant manager for Eby's Athletic Co. in Council Bluffs, Iowa, and was a store manager for Pro Sports in Fairfield, Iowa.
No stranger to UNI, Nurse was an assistant equipment manager for the Panthers from 1984-88. He received his bachelor's degree in Community Recreation from UNI in 1988.
The Nurse family has a long tradition at UNI, as Nurse's brothers have been associated with Panther athletics. Tom was a member of the UNI track team in the late 1970's, while Ken played baseball for the Panthers in the early 1980's. Nick starred in basketball in the late '80s, and the oldest brother, Jim was a graduate assistant in 1980 for J.D. Anderson's baseball squad. Marcella, the mother of all these former Panthers, also received her teaching certification from UNI, which was called Iowa State Teachers College at the time. Nurse has been a certified member of the Athletic Equipment Managers Assoc. since 1994 and the local Knights of Columbus.
Nurse serves as staff representative for the UNI campus's Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Nurse recently served as Athletic Director at St. Patric'ks School in Cedar Falls.
He enjoys working out in the WRC and camping with his family. His wife's name is Lori, and the couple has two children - Rachel and Andrew.
In his free time, Nurse helps coach his son, Andrew's IBL baseball team.

http://www.unipanthers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26200&ATCLID=205206465

Basically, Nurse has been around UNI athletics since the 1970s and as a member of the athletic department since 1984

Well if he doesn't remember it happening and he's been head equipment manager since 1993 then there is a good chance I am mis-remembering it actually happening in a game.

SUPharmacist
November 7th, 2014, 03:34 PM
I hate to ask (it outs me as a jerk), but what does a bachelors in community recreation entail?

In all seriousness, he sounds like a great guy to have around the program.

Bison56
November 7th, 2014, 03:38 PM

I did the same thing.xdrunkyx

clenz
November 7th, 2014, 03:42 PM
I hate to ask (it outs me as a jerk), but what does a bachelors in community recreation entail?

In all seriousness, he sounds like a great guy to have around the program.
If I'm not mistaken the major has "morphed" into a "Lesisure, Youth and Human Services" - http://uni.edu/majors/leisure-youth-and-human-services

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 7th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Sitting in the mall in Eau Claire, Wis waiting for my college daughter to finish shopping with dad's $$......sigh......

Making the trek tomorrow to CF for the game!! Should be a good one!!

344Johnson
November 7th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Sitting in the mall in Eau Claire, Wis waiting for my college daughter to finish shopping with dad's $$......sigh......

Making the trek tomorrow to CF for the game!! Should be a good one!!

Hmm you had me at college daughter...

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 7th, 2014, 04:33 PM

Lol....I'm bored but taking one for the team....lol

344Johnson
November 7th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Lol....I'm bored but taking one for the team....lol

I'll be on the lookout tomorrow.

Twentysix
November 7th, 2014, 04:51 PM

I'm disappointed that this didn't read, "Is she hot?"

NoDak 4 Ever
November 7th, 2014, 05:12 PM

Have you ever seen him in person? You'd be VERY nice to his daughter if you did.

344Johnson
November 7th, 2014, 05:22 PM
I'm disappointed that this didn't read, "Is she hot?"
Unfair question to ask any father.

Have you ever seen him in person? You'd be VERY nice to his daughter if you did.

Im always nice to women. Some of us were raised right.

UNIFanSince1983
November 7th, 2014, 06:02 PM
So how many of you Bison fans are making the trek to Cedar Falls?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 7th, 2014, 07:01 PM

I'll be there. Leaving in the morning.

UNIFanSince1983
November 7th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Were any of you AGS members part of the group at Mulligans tonight?

dewey
November 7th, 2014, 10:19 PM
I wish I was heading down for the game to meet some of you guys.

Go Bison!

Dewey

PantherRob82
November 7th, 2014, 10:42 PM
I was at Famous Daves. Close enough. :)

BisonTru
November 8th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Down here for the game looking for a good place to grab lunch before tailgating. Preferably hole in the wall, serves booze, and has something that resembles food. Suggestions?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 8th, 2014, 05:23 AM

First trip to the UNIDome. Looking forward to a good game by both teams!

UNIFanSince1983
November 8th, 2014, 09:08 AM
So someone posted this on Facebook today. If some NDSU fans actually did this to a server who has no bearing on the game at all I have lost a little respect. I know it is probably just a bad group, but come on now...

clenz
November 8th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Down here for the game looking for a good place to grab lunch before tailgating. Preferably hole in the wall, serves booze, and has something that resembles food. Suggestions?
Peppers on 18th St is where i spent a lot of time /money/leaving a good liver behind

The Other Place on University Ave is well worth a trip as well. Best pizza I've ever had

UNIFanSince1983
November 8th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Peppers on 18th St is where i spent a lot of time /money/leaving a good liver behind

The Other Place on University Ave is well worth a trip as well. Best pizza I've ever had

Mulligans on 18th St also has great pizza and other food. Spend many many nights there including a little bit of time last night.

bri-dog
November 8th, 2014, 09:18 AM
So someone posted this on Facebook today. If some NDSU fans actually did this to a server who has no bearing on the game at all I have lost a little respect. I know it is probably just a bad group, but come on now...

Agreed. This is NOT a true representation of 99% of Bison fans. And I hope it wasn't the offending party bragging about it on face book. Embarrassing...

BisonTru
November 8th, 2014, 09:24 AM

What a douche. Most bison fans are friendly and generous. This kid (if real) is the exception.

Drblankstare
November 8th, 2014, 09:48 AM

That's so obnoxious that it seems very fake. Even the biggest Bison A holes I Know would never stiff a waitress and then brag about it on facebook.

Drblankstare
November 8th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know if this will be an ESPN 3 game? I'm out of state this weekend

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2014, 10:02 AM

It's not listed. Only YSU-ISUr

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2014, 10:09 AM
That's so obnoxious that it seems very fake. Even the biggest Bison A holes I Know would never stiff a waitress and then brag about it on facebook.

Yeah....I'm going to go ahead and call BS here...wouldn't be the first time a customer copy has been manipulated and put online somewhere. Not sure why someone would do that anyway.

Also, I think it was the server that posted it....not the Bison fan....hence why this reeks of foul play.

Professor Chaos
No ESPN3 but it is on Comcast Chicago (channel 665 on DirecTV and 429 on Dish)

clenz
Mulligans on 18th St also has great pizza and other food. Spend many many nights there including a little bit of time last night.
Their service has fallen completely off.

I mean bad

clenz
November 8th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Yeah....I'm going to go ahead and call BS here...wouldn't be the first time a customer copy has been manipulated and put online somewhere. Not sure why someone would do that anyway.
Would you be calling bs is it was a uni/sdsu/und fan in Fargo?

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Would you be calling bs is it was a uni/sdsu/und fan in Fargo?

Knowing how some servers in Fargo behave....I would absolutely call BS! xlolx

NDSUSR
November 8th, 2014, 11:23 AM

Thats was done by a Panther fan.

PantherRob82
November 8th, 2014, 12:02 PM
You have met lakes right? It's very possible it's fake, but it's also possible it's not. Not a big deal either way.

TennBison
November 8th, 2014, 12:03 PM

That picture could have been taken anywhere, notice that All information except for the price is left off. About half of these things that happen are proven to be fake these days or made up buy some attention grabbing waiter/waitress, and even then , outside of the credit card info you can see the whole receipt to prove some sort of authentication. The whole thing reeks of a setup. And to the guy who posted this, why don't you provide a link to it instead of just a picture, for all we know he is behind it. Even at the bottom where it would say establishment /customer copy is left out, leads me to believe that even if the receipt is real that it is the customer copy and it was left untouched until after they left and then made to look this way like a stiffing. Either way, it is made up BS, and I want to see the Facebook link, I mean really UNIFanSince1983 who posts like that without any proof.

PantherRob82
November 8th, 2014, 12:09 PM
That picture could have been taken anywhere, notice that All information except for the price is left off. About half of these things that happen are proven to be fake these days or made up buy some attention grabbing waiter/waitress, and even then , outside of the credit card info you can see the whole receipt to prove some sort of authentication. The whole thing reeks of a setup. And to the guy who posted this, why don't you provide a link to it instead of just a picture, for all we know he is behind it. Even at the bottom where it would say establishment /customer copy is left out, leads me to believe that even if the receipt is real that it is the customer copy and it was left untouched until after they left and then made to look this way like a stiffing. Either way, it is made up BS, and I want to see the Facebook link, I mean really UNIFanSince1983 who posts like that without any proof.

https://twitter.com/JoeKettman/status/530979191227817984/photo/1

Probably a stupid idea for him to post it whether real or not. Especially since Bison fans will probably harass him on Facebook and Twitter and it is very public where he works.

TennBison
November 8th, 2014, 12:11 PM

How about the respect you will have lost if this is a fake, made up by some a-hole UNI fan. Did anyone notice that the ink for the note part and the ink for the total/tip area are a different color/shade of blue.

PantherRob82
November 8th, 2014, 12:15 PM
How about the respect you will have lost if this is a fake, made up by some a-hole UNI fan. Did anyone notice that the ink for the note part and the ink for the total/tip area are a different color/shade of blue.

That's debatable. The lighting is not good and could easily be the difference. Like I said, not sure why this is worth anyone worrying about anyway. Short of his boss coming out and officially saying it's true we will never have any idea. Maybe it's fake, maybe the 0 tip is real and he made up the note.

TennBison
November 8th, 2014, 12:17 PM
https://twitter.com/JoeKettman/status/530979191227817984/photo/1

Probably a stupid idea for him to post it whether real or not. Especially since Bison fans will probably harass him on Facebook and Twitter and it is very public where he works.
Yeah, it is pretty stupid, especially since he works at the restaurant where the claim is coming from he is probably the culprit. How much respect have you lost now??????

SUPharmacist
November 8th, 2014, 12:19 PM

Who cares, it may be fake or real. There are @$#&~^ everywhere. Every school, job, fanbase.

Lets talk football, NDSU 24 UNI 20.

NDSUSR
November 8th, 2014, 12:25 PM
That's debatable. The lighting is not good and could easily be the difference. Like I said, not sure why this is worth anyone worrying about anyway. Short of his boss coming out and officially saying it's true we will never have any idea. Maybe it's fake, maybe the 0 tip is real and he made up the note.
Or maybe the server sucked, was rude and didnt deserve a tip.

PantherRob82
November 8th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Or maybe the server sucked, was rude and didnt deserve a tip.
No problem there, then write that, not a note about the Bison.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it is pretty stupid, especially since he works at the restaurant where the claim is coming from he is probably the culprit. How much respect have you lost now??????

Your post makes no sense. That was the OP, aka the server, so of course he works at the restaurant.....

TennBison
November 8th, 2014, 12:44 PM
No problem there, then write that, not a note about the Bison.

- - - Updated - - -

Your post makes no sense. That was the OP, aka the server, so of course he works at the restaurant.....
Yeah, and................. Please do tell what part of my quote that you copied are you having trouble making sense of, I will spell it out for you.

PantherRob82
November 8th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Yeah, and................. Please do tell what part of my quote that you copied are you having trouble making sense of, I will spell it out for you.

In order for a server to not get a tip he has to work at a restaurant. You are dense if you don't get this.

Bison56
November 8th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Someone is not getting enough attention at home.

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2014, 01:04 PM
WHO ****ING CARES?!?!

PantherRob82
November 8th, 2014, 01:06 PM
WHO ****ING CARES?!?!

I bet Carnes was the server.

NDSUSR
November 8th, 2014, 01:06 PM
In order for a server to not get a tip he has to work at a restaurant. You are dense if you don't get this.

Not sure who the dense one is. I have a pile of receipts that I can write **** on, take a pic and post online. I am not a server.
BTW: Iowa 7 - Minnesota 35.

TennBison
November 8th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Really, I thought they donated tip money to the rich, wow you learn something new every day. No **** you have to work there to get a tip, but no where did anyone ever say that he was a server or waiter or anything else at the restaurant on his twitter feed. So for all anyone knew at the time he could have just been a friend of someone that worked there. He posted a pic making it look like a Bison fan stiffed a unidentified waiter/waitress. Either way, it looks more and more like a lie from a low life individual.

PantherRob82
November 8th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Not sure who the dense one is. I have a pile of receipts that I can write **** on, take a pic and post online. I am not a server.
BTW: Iowa 7 - Minnesota 35.

Yes, but the person who posted it works at a restaurant so it's at least a possibility. Also, no one gives a f*** about Iowa.

Really, I thought they donated tip money to the rich, wow you learn something new every day. No **** you have to work there to get a tip, but no where did anyone ever say that he was a server or waiter or anything else at the restaurant on his twitter feed. So for all anyone knew at the time he could have just been a friend of someone that worked there. He posted a pic making it look like a Bison fan stiffed a unidentified waiter/waitress. Either way, it looks more and more like a lie from a low life individual.

The guy who posted it works at a restaurant.

You said:

Why would you lose respect since he works at a restaurant? That seems to make sense. I think you are confused. The twitter post is from the server who alleges no tip. So he does work at the restaurant where the claim is coming from. That makes a good amount of sense.

NDSUSR
November 8th, 2014, 01:15 PM
By the way. The Panther fan who posted it has now removed it. Guilty as charged.

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2014, 01:17 PM
By the way. The Panther fan who posted it has now removed it. Guilty as charged.

Yes and no...employer could have found out somehow about a receipt getting posted and told said employee to remove it regardless. Not a good PR thing either way.

NDSUSR
November 8th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Yes and no...employer could have found out somehow about a receipt getting posted and told said employee to remove it regardless. Not a good PR thing either way.

Restaurant name was not visible. He got caught in his BS, got called out and pulled it.

JayJ79
November 8th, 2014, 01:51 PM
I bet Carnes was the server.

that's just stupid.
Carnes gets tips all the time
(cuz he can't throw it over the d line, and b/c the UNI o-line can't clear out passing lanes)

Bison56
November 8th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Isn't there a game today? Who cares about some idiot looking for attention.

NDSUSR
November 8th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Isn't there a game today? Who cares about some idiot looking for attention.

Take a pill. Its still 2 hours till kickoff.

Bison56
November 8th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Take a pill. Its still 2 hours till kickoff.
I say no to drugs.:D