PDA

View Full Version : #11 Montana at #5 Eastern Washington Game Thread

Screamin_Eagle174
November 4th, 2014, 01:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/as2dgu7.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/rLzTCH9.png
#11 University of Montana Grizzlies (6-3, 4-1 BSC) at #6 Eastern Washington Eagles (8-2, 5-1 BSC)

Saturday, Nov. 8, 2014 • 12:10 p.m. Pacific
Roos Field (8,600) • Cheney, Wash.

TV: Televised live regionally by ROOT Sports & DirectTV Audience Network 101
Radio: 700 ESPN (EWU) (http://www.700espn.com)
Webcast: None

Athletics: GoGriz.com (http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/mont-m-footbl-body.html) | GoEags.com (http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/index)
Twitter: @UMGRIZZLIES_FB (https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES_FB) | @ewuathletics (https://twitter.com/ewuathletics)
Fan Forums: eGriz.com (http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewforum.php?f=1) | EWU Redzone (http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewforum.php?f=2)

Series: UM leads 26-13-1 (http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/bigsky/eastern_washington/opponents_records.php?teamid=2087)
Last Meeting: 2013 - EWU won 42-37 (http://goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2013-14/Statistics/10-26-13.htm) in Missoula, MT

This will be the seventh-straight season – and 13th time in the last 19 meetings -- that both teams will enter the game nationally ranked. The Eagles enter the game 8-2 on the season and are fifth in The Sports Network NCAA Football Championship Subdivision Top 25 Poll after an overwhelming 54-3 win against North Dakota on Nov. 1.

Eastern is 5-1 in the Big Sky Conference – currently one of six one-loss teams in the league -- as it defends the league title it won with an 8-0 record last season. Cal Poly is also 5-1, while Montana, Montana State, Northern Arizona and Idaho State are all 4-1. After Saturday, at least two schools will have a second league loss.

The Grizzlies are 6-3 on the season after last week’s 31-13 home victory against Sacramento State. Montana leads FCS with just four turnovers in nine games this season and is 10th in turnover margin (+0.89 per game with 12 takeaways). By comparison, the Eagles are 32nd in turnover margin (+0.4 per game with 18 takeaways and 14 giveaways).

The Grizzly defense features defensive end Zack Wagenmann, who is sixth in FCS with an average of 1.17 sacks per game (10.5 total). Montana has allowed opponents to average just 20.3 points per game (20th in FCS) and is allowing only 357.0 yards per game (41st).

“They have an all-league caliber quarterback, productive running backs and a great system, but the lifeblood of where they are this year is a credit to their defense,” said Eastern head coach Beau Baldwin. “They’ve made red-zone stops and have played some salty defense, and have been able to win some low-scoring battles. Wagenmann is one of the best players in the country and he proves it every week. You look for a weak spot or maybe kind of a hole to take advantage of, but you just don’t see it with them.”

http://goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2014-15/releases/14fbNov3UM

Grizzlies82
November 4th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Screamin, your Coach Baldwin certainly has mastered the art of Coach Speak "You look for a weak spot... but you just don't see it".
He may have a future running for office in Washington state. Looking forward to Saturday, it should be another good one.

NDSUSR
November 4th, 2014, 05:07 PM
I expect a UM win here. Go Griz!

uofmman1122
November 4th, 2014, 05:39 PM
I expect a UM win here. Go Griz!If Adams plays, I don't see it happening, but if not we may have a chance.

Sorry to other Griz fans, but until this coaching regime shows they can win against good teams (especially on the road), I'll remain a little skeptical.

tomq04
November 4th, 2014, 05:47 PM
I think EWU matches up well again UM, and the grizzlies aren't as scary as they were at the beginning of the season. Of course EWU without VA is missing some bite as well. I still think EWU comes out ahead at the Inferno.

Grizalltheway
November 4th, 2014, 05:54 PM
If Adams plays, I don't see it happening, but if not we may have a chance.

Sorry to other Griz fans, but until this coaching regime shows they can win against good teams (especially on the road), I'll remain a little skeptical.

Nothing wrong with being skeptical. I'm usually as bullish on the Griz as anyone, but I think this one is a tossup at best, especially if VA plays.

Red & Black
November 4th, 2014, 06:13 PM
I think EWU matches up well again UM, and the grizzlies aren't as scary as they were at the beginning of the season. Of course EWU without VA is missing some bite as well. I still think EWU comes out ahead at the Inferno.

Hmm, I actually think they're a bigger threat now that they were the first few games. Much like our young defensive line and secondary, their offensive line has more experience now and has progressed over the course of the season. I think they're playing better now for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red & Black
November 4th, 2014, 06:17 PM
If Adams plays, I don't see it happening, but if not we may have a chance.

I would love nothing more than to see VA come back and be in the same form as he was early in the season. I don't think he'll play, but even if he does, we don't know what we'd be getting. I'd rather see him ease into things, even if that means that he doesn't play against UM. I think the offense is good enough even with JW to grab a close W at home, and the defense has been improving drastically the past few weeks.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2014, 06:18 PM
I'm not nearly as worried about VA as I am the running game. VA can greatly accentuate that of course but if their run game is better than ours (it is) this Saturday then we get waxed. It's purely about the run game in this one as far I'm concerned everything else is window dressing.

Hope our O Line plays well and matches up against EWU's front.

Red & Black
November 4th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Nothing wrong with being skeptical. I'm usually as bullish on the Griz as anyone, but I think this one is a tossup at best, especially if VA plays.

Disagree. I think it's a 50/50 game with or without him. If this game had been played week 3 or 4, I'd say it would have been 70/30 in favor of EWU.

Red & Black
November 4th, 2014, 06:24 PM
I'm not nearly as worried about VA as I am the running game. VA can greatly accentuate that of course but if their run game is better than ours (it is) this Saturday then we get waxed. It's purely about the run game in this one as far I'm concerned everything else is window dressing.

Hope our O Line plays well and matches up against EWU's front.

That is a great point, and something that I think is being greatly overlooked with all the speculation as to whether Adams plays or not. I think this might be the best OLine we've had since 2004. Forte being back is also helpful as he can really change a game.

It will be an interesting matchup between experienced EWU O Line/UM D Line, and young EWU D Line/UM O Line.

veinup
November 4th, 2014, 06:40 PM
i will eat a piece of my own underpants if montana wins this game.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2014, 06:44 PM

You would have done that anyway.

veinup
November 4th, 2014, 06:55 PM
xcoolx

Grizalltheway
November 4th, 2014, 07:09 PM

So you thought UND could win in Cheney but not the Griz?xscanx

Red & Black
November 4th, 2014, 07:57 PM

That is definitely a bit of a head-scratcher.

Bisonator
November 4th, 2014, 09:06 PM

WTF seriously? UN_ over EW?? xlmaox

- - - Updated - - -

BTW go griz!

Hammerhead
November 4th, 2014, 09:53 PM
I'll be watching this game until the NDSU@UNI game starts two hours later.

tomq04
November 4th, 2014, 10:54 PM
I'll be watching this game until the NDSU@UNI game starts two hours later.

I'll be watching this game with my undivided attention, except when I go get a beer. Or when my 2 year old makes a ruckus...I probably will be barely watching this game :(

dudeitsaid
November 5th, 2014, 12:18 AM

The brown piece?xeekx

dudeitsaid
November 5th, 2014, 12:22 AM
This is one of those games where I don't know that it matters, it's going to be an interesting game, and probably end in dramatic fashion. Last year, we looked like we were going to glide through the fourth quarter, but instead, UM mounted a comeback and put the game in question.

These games are usually good ones. I predict another classic. And though I hate close games, I'd love to see another one like 2012, where the victory is snatched away from UM at the last minute, and they are left wondering what the heck just happened. :p

Rjones61
November 5th, 2014, 01:31 AM
I don't think UM has as good of a defense as has been toted. I posted this on eGriz, but I thought I would get better discussion here.

Based on EWU and Montana's common opponents (UC Davis, N. Colorado, and UND) EWU has allowed 35 points and UM has allowed 56. UND was down the depth chart in the QB position and N. Colorado has their backup QB for UM. Granted, EWU is aided by more sustained offensive drives. So, I make the case that EWU is just as good on defense as UM is. EWU has faced more powerful offenses (UW, ISU, MSU, SUU, SHSU) while UM has only faced Cal Poly and arguably NDSU.

No trash talk here, I'm hoping for some good rebuttals to explain this.

Red & Black
November 5th, 2014, 07:02 AM
This is one of those games where I don't know that it matters, it's going to be an interesting game, and probably end in dramatic fashion. Last year, we looked like we were going to glide through the fourth quarter, but instead, UM mounted a comeback and put the game in question.

These games are usually good ones. I predict another classic. And though I hate close games, I'd love to see another one like 2012, where the victory is snatched away from UM at the last minute, and they are left wondering what the heck just happened. :p

Not me. We've had enough of those. Particularly the 2010 and 2012 games. I'd just like to see a convincing W at this point.

Red & Black
November 5th, 2014, 07:05 AM
I don't think UM has as good of a defense as has been toted. I posted this on eGriz, but I thought I would get better discussion here.

Based on EWU and Montana's common opponents (UC Davis, N. Colorado, and UND) EWU has allowed 35 points and UM has allowed 56. UND was down the depth chart in the QB position and N. Colorado has their backup QB for UM. Granted, EWU is aided by more sustained offensive drives. So, I make the case that EWU is just as good on defense as UM is. EWU has faced more powerful offenses (UW, ISU, MSU, SUU, SHSU) while UM has only faced Cal Poly and arguably NDSU.

Both EWU and UM played UNC at home, so maybe you could draw some comparisons there, but the UND games I don't think are. We played UND at home while UM played them on the road. We didn't exactly demolish them when we played in that dome last year. For some reason we juat don't play well in domes.

kalm
November 5th, 2014, 07:06 AM

Sac State has a good offense, and UM shut them down. Their D reminds me of our defense in 2010, giving up some yards, but very hard to score against.

veinup
November 5th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Sac State has a good offense, and UM shut them down. Their D reminds me of our defense in 2010, giving up some yards, but very hard to score against.

the UM D is going to need another effort like that to be in this game.. we did come pretty close to keeping SAC out of the endzone. think their lone TD came in the last minute?

Grizalltheway
November 5th, 2014, 10:06 AM

You left out the fact that we held an offense averaging 40 ppg to two field goals and a garbage time TD against our second and third stringers.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 5th, 2014, 10:48 AM
I want Adams to play because then Montana can beat him and end Ewus season all in one game.

Montana wins no matter who plays QB in this one for the E Gals, I just hope it is Adams and he break more than his foot. ***** talking swagger jockeys like that guy need a big cup of STFU and I have a feeling Gamboa and the boys will have a 6 pack to share with him.

Rjones61
November 5th, 2014, 10:49 AM
You left out the fact that we held an offense averaging 40 ppg to two field goals and a garbage time TD against our second and third stringers.

Yes, you're right. For some reason I didn't think SAC was great at offense, but their scoring says otherwise. If I want to claim UM doesn't have a great defense, I would have to explain SAC and I really don't have any way to do so. Didn't even watch the game. I'll have to secede to that good point.

- - - Updated - - -

I want Adams to play because then Montana can beat him and end Ewus season all in one game.

Montana wins no matter who plays QB in this one for the E Gals, I just hope is Adams and he break more than his foot. **** talking swagger jockeys like that guy need a big cup of STFU and I have a feeling Gamboa and the boys will have a 6 pack to share with him.

This is another example of a terrible AG1 prediction where he tucks tail and hides at the end of the game.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 5th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Is it

Grizalltheway
November 5th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Our D played two terrible quarters all season (second half against CP), but other than that they've pretty much taken care of the opponents put in front of them. Saturday will be their biggest challange yet, and we'll know a lot more about just how good they are afterwards.

citdog
November 5th, 2014, 10:53 AM
There is only one thing we know for sure........It'll be a long night for screaming beagles mom

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 5th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Our D played two terrible quarters all season (second half against CP), but other than that they've pretty much taken care of the opponents put in front of them. Saturday will be their biggest challange yet, and we'll know a lot more about just how good they are afterwards.
We wont know anything more than after the Sac game.

Sac St is just as good actually they are a better TEAM than the O that LEastern has. Offense does not make a good team when you have no D and ST.

- - - Updated - - -

There is only one thing we know for sure........It'll be a long night for screaming beagles mom

Which night?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 5th, 2014, 02:17 PM

For the BSC we have a pretty decent defense. It's not always good though. Our entire D seems to be a lot more familiar with what each team mate is doing lately than in the beginning of the season...that can probably be said of anyone though.

We have great talent out there on D. If we get it right with the gambling we do then things look terrific..if not well we look like chumps. It does seem like we are gambling smarter lately which makes us look better. Sac is a very good offense that just got flat clamped down and if they hadn't scored the TD in the last 31 seconds that would have been a 6 pointer they put up for the game last Saturday...that's keeping a high powered down pretty dang good.

You guys are better on O than we are. We are better on D than you are. Thing is, which matchups win the most battles when they are fighting out on the field...damn, that's a tough one but as I said with Forte, the running game, then Kupp, and hell the 400 other receivers and RB's than can just flat play ball...gotta give the edge to EWU this time. BUT if we play like we did last week on D then you are in trouble.

Rjones61
November 5th, 2014, 02:26 PM
For the BSC we have a pretty decent defense. It's not always good though. Our entire D seems to be a lot more familiar with what each team mate is doing lately than in the beginning of the season...that can probably be said of anyone though.

We have great talent out there on D. If we get it right with the gambling we do then things look terrific..if not well we look like chumps. It does seem like we are gambling smarter lately which makes us look better. Sac is a very good offense that just got flat clamped down and if they hadn't scored the TD in the last 31 seconds that would have been a 6 pointer they put up for the game last Saturday...that's keeping a high powered down pretty dang good.

You guys are better on O than we are. We are better on D than you are. Thing is, which matchups win the most battles when they are fighting out on the field...damn, that's a tough one but as I said with Forte, the running game, then Kupp, and hell the 400 other receivers and RB's than can just flat play ball...gotta give the edge to EWU this time. BUT if we play like we did last week on D then you are in trouble.

Matchups. I'm glad you brought this up. I've been looking forward to this game for more than just the rivalry. It seems as if all of Montana's strongest players match up with all of EWU's strongest players. On the flip side, all of EWU's weakest players match up with all of Montana's weakest players. To me, this makes a very unpredictable formula.

I can't wait to see the match up in the trenches. We have very talented offensive tackles (Jake Rodgers and Clay DeBord) matching with very talented ends (Wags and Holmes). Montana has a very young and undersized offensive line facing a patchwork defensive line. In theory, on each side of the ball we are actually matched up well in the trenches. Montana's Oline seems to have improved throughout the season as has EWU's d-line.

As you pointed out, I think the edge really comes to Forte vs the young Montana LB corps.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 5th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Matchups. I'm glad you brought this up. I've been looking forward to this game for more than just the rivalry. It seems as if all of Montana's strongest players match up with all of EWU's strongest players. On the flip side, all of EWU's weakest players match up with all of Montana's weakest players. To me, this makes a very unpredictable formula.

I can't wait to see the match up in the trenches. We have very talented offensive tackles (Jake Rodgers and Clay DeBord) matching with very talented ends (Wags and Holmes). Montana has a very young and undersized offensive line facing a patchwork defensive line. In theory, on each side of the ball we are actually matched up well in the trenches. Montana's Oline seems to have improved throughout the season as has EWU's d-line.

As you pointed out, I think the edge really comes to Forte vs the young Montana LB corps.

Another good matchup as it turns out. A friend and I were mentioning that this group of LB's may be playing at the level the LB's were last year for us...and that was a hell of a group.

You nailed it though, unpredictable. This could be the opposite of what is expected and be a 10-7 halftime game and then the teams struggle for points OR they just pour it on and score in the 40's. Just tough to get a grip on what to expect.

tomq04
November 5th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Just tough to get a grip on what to expect.

I expect a whooping, I tried to find a grizzly to throw on the webber kettle grill I use for smoking, but my wife said they were endangered...I'll stick with pork this time.

xconfusedx

edit- side note:
which would be tastier?
Smoked Grizzly bear or Bald Eagle cheeseburgers?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 5th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I expect a whooping, I tried to find a grizzly to throw on the webber kettle grill I use for smoking, but my wife said they were endangered...I'll stick with pork this time.

xconfusedx

edit- side note:
which would be tastier?
Smoked Grizzly bear or Bald Eagle cheeseburgers?

You very well get a whooping. I wouldn't go into expecting it though man. Have some pride.

GetEmGriz
November 6th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Bump.

Is it Saturday yet?! Leaving Montana on Friday ready to party on Saturday! xbeerchugx

tomq04
November 6th, 2014, 01:41 PM
How many are making the trip out? I'm stuck doing some side work, so I'm stuck in Spokane listening to a radio in the truck :(

Grizzlies82
November 6th, 2014, 01:51 PM
How many are making the trip out? I'm stuck doing some side work, so I'm stuck in Spokane listening to a radio in the truck :(

Tom, you're fortunate. This way you won't have to see EWU's loss in person.

THE DANIMAL
November 6th, 2014, 02:57 PM
I'm heading out early Saturday morning and staying in Spokane Saturday night! I'm just hoping I'm not too hungover to drive home Sunday. xdrunkyx I got stuck in the end zone bleachers but I wouldn't miss this game for the world. Go Griz!!

GetEmGriz
November 6th, 2014, 03:54 PM
I'm heading out early Saturday morning and staying in Spokane Saturday night! I'm just hoping I'm not too hungover to drive home Sunday. xdrunkyx I got stuck in the end zone bleachers but I wouldn't miss this game for the world. Go Griz!!

Should be a great time! I got lucky enough to get my girlfriend and I tickets at the 50-yard line on the visitor's side in a sea of Griz fans. TWO MORE DAYS!! xrotatehx

Red & Black
November 7th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Bump. Should be another slobber-knocker. xthumbsupx

http://vimeo.com/111223203

dudeitsaid
November 8th, 2014, 12:17 AM
Tom, you're fortunate. This way you won't have to see EWU's loss in person.

No doubt, I can't be there as well due to work and won't even be able to listen to the game! So I too will miss when we lose our fourth string RB to a hammy injury running another long touchdown in against the Griz during garbage time when the Eagles are up by six scores late in the fourth. I believe the injury will be gruesome, and glad I won't have to witness that. But I'd gladly endure that loss to see the epic beat down the Griz are going to get on the Inferno!

veinup
November 8th, 2014, 12:22 AM
edit: nevermind.

kalm
November 8th, 2014, 06:16 AM
No doubt, I can't be there as well due to work and won't even be able to listen to the game! So I too will miss when we lose our fourth string RB to a hammy injury running another long touchdown in against the Griz during garbage time when the Eagles are up by six scores late in the fourth. I believe the injury will be gruesome, and glad I won't have to witness that. But I'd gladly endure that loss to see the epic beat down the Griz are going to get on the Inferno!

JFC, you guys need to PM me the names of your businesses so I can boycott them for not letting a pair of our finest attend…smfh.

robsnotes4u
November 8th, 2014, 06:31 AM
Glad I get to watch this, but I am truly afraid of how "loud and cold' my Griz wife will be. Loud during the game, and very cold after.

slostang
November 8th, 2014, 08:59 AM
I got my DVR set to record. Should be a great game.

veinup
November 8th, 2014, 09:19 AM
ive got a fork and a knife and a pair of underpants ready.

also after much debate i decided to put on my griz avatar. xwhistlex

Red & Black
November 8th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Hoping this holds true today. Go Eags.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo352/clapincd/a5001060-a6a5-4ad8-b45d-3f9fec5b41bd_zps723304a6.jpg (http://s391.photobucket.com/user/clapincd/media/a5001060-a6a5-4ad8-b45d-3f9fec5b41bd_zps723304a6.jpg.html)

Grizzlies82
November 8th, 2014, 09:33 AM

Dude, that is sad you won't even be able to listen in. My condolences in advance for your limping 4th string QB, injuries are always a bummer!
Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'll be able to watch any of the game either. I'll be at the Class A playoff game here in Billings with the same 1 pm kickoff.
High School game is slightly shorter (12 min qts) so hopefully after my kid's team wins I might be able to see the 4th qt gruesome injury you describe.
Go Griz!

robsnotes4u
November 8th, 2014, 09:34 AM
ive got a fork and a knife and a pair of underpants ready.

also after much debate i decided to put on my griz avatar. xwhistlex

xdrunkyx A video will be needed as proof.

tomq04
November 8th, 2014, 09:40 AM
JFC, you guys need to PM me the names of your businesses so I can boycott them for not letting a pair of our finest attend…smfh.
unfortunately it's MY side business :(

edit: BOYCOTT TOM!!

veinup
November 8th, 2014, 10:06 AM
some of my emotional pre-game thoughts ..

Montana loses a close game: our playoff chances are significantly damaged but there's no shame in losing to one of the best teams in the country.
Montana gets blown out: its another shameful brick in the wall of montana's difficult-to-watch decline into mediocrity
Montana wins: it will be our proudest moment on the football field in a long time

go griz

http://youtu.be/jSL3dFcTfXY

Grizalltheway
November 8th, 2014, 10:22 AM

Figures this guy would be an Eagle fan.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/011/976/lumbergh.jpg

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 8th, 2014, 11:09 AM
This is not a rivalry game and neither are other teams we play that have 10+ games difference in the all time loss column. This is just another game and will really tell us nothing about the Griz.

Griz will win, but its not that big of a deal, already looking ahead to next week when we play a competitive team like SUU.

citdog
November 8th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Hoping this holds true today. Go Eags.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo352/clapincd/a5001060-a6a5-4ad8-b45d-3f9fec5b41bd_zps723304a6.jpg (http://s391.photobucket.com/user/clapincd/media/a5001060-a6a5-4ad8-b45d-3f9fec5b41bd_zps723304a6.jpg.html)

The guy with 11pts is VERY appropriate for this pic.

veinup
November 8th, 2014, 02:30 PM
UM, 2 red zone trips 3 points. not gonna cut it.

NDSUSR
November 8th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Anyone have a link to a stream for this game?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 8th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Anyone have a link to a stream for this game?

There isn't one. It's on Audience channel 239 on DirectTV if you have a way to check that out.

Bison56
November 8th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Channel 683 also on DirecTV if that helps you at all.

centennial
November 8th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Montana wins this 35-28. Hopfully, Montana offense shows up.

veinup
November 8th, 2014, 03:48 PM
griz need a stop on this next drive reeeaaal bad.

veinup
November 8th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Montana robbed of a clear TD. xsmhx

dudeitsaid
November 8th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Nothing but respect for the Griz today. Had some fans come to the restaurant, nothing but class. You guys have a hell of a team. I was really hoping we could win one by domination, and it looked like that might happen, but you guys wouldn't go away! Glad we were on the winning side of one heck of a game. Good luck with the rest of your season!

Oh yeah...beat MSU!

dudeitsaid
November 8th, 2014, 05:47 PM

In my business, in many cases, any game before 3 pm, I won't be able to attend. It royally freaking sucks! I think EWU should change all times to 3 pm at the soonest for home games. That way, they can sell a lot more hotdogs in concessions when people are hungry around dinnertime! Oh yeah...and I could make it to more games!

Red & Black
November 8th, 2014, 05:47 PM

Yes, they definitely were.

Big respect to Montana for fighting their way back in that game. I thought it was over when we went up 34-10.

dudeitsaid
November 8th, 2014, 05:50 PM
This is not a rivalry game and neither are other teams we play that have 10+ games difference in the all time loss column. This is just another game and will really tell us nothing about the Griz.

Griz will win, but its not that big of a deal, already looking ahead to next week when we play a competitive team like SUU.

Maybe not to you. But you don't define what everyone else thinks. I've talked to plenty of Griz fans who come through my restaurants. They would say otherwise.

A rivalry is not simply defined by the overall historical Win/Loss ratio. There are many factors that can create a rivalry.

dudeitsaid
November 8th, 2014, 05:54 PM

They absolutely were. Add this to list of reasons why the BSC refs suck. Thankfully, I believe that when instant replay is instituted, it would have overturned that call. Doesn't do much for us now, and maybe the Big Sky refs would blow it even with the play replayed several times in different angles before their eyes. But his foot was CLEARLY down.

I fricken hate it when the refs make calls that are that bad. I don't think they are good for either in the big picture.

veinup
November 8th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Aww shucks. I could list all of my frustrations but I'll just say, great game played by the Eagles.

Proud of my guys for sticking it out until the end.

Grizalltheway
November 8th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Yes, definitely did.

Big respect to Montana for fighting their way back in that game. I thought it was over when we went up 34-10.

We also robbed ourselves of two TDs, or at least FGs, by turning it over in the red zone. Can't do that and hope to beat a good team on the road.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 8th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Great game by Eastern. Some really good plays out there today on both sides in big situations. Good defense in big situations by both teams. Points and yards were put up but they were earned today.

I was absolutely incorrect on the running games being the decision today. It was the QB's and receivers. Two gigantic TD catches by Splenorio (1 handed) and another dude who I forgot the name of. As usual big plays all over the place.

Red & Black
November 8th, 2014, 08:18 PM
unfortunately it's MY side business :(

edit: BOYCOTT TOM!!

I think you need to fire yourself for not letting yourself watch the game.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 8th, 2014, 11:03 PM

Montana wins no matter who plays QB in this one for the E Gals, I just hope it is Adams and he break more than his foot. ***** talking swagger jockeys like that guy need a big cup of STFU and I have a feeling Gamboa and the boys will have a 6 pack to share with him.

Bump.

VA's now 3-0 against the Griz and 6-0 against the state of Montana... let that butthurt fester.

tomq04
November 8th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Anyone seen AG1 around?

Red & Black
November 8th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Anyone seen AG1 around?

Who?

tomq04
November 8th, 2014, 11:54 PM
Who?

:)

Red & Black
November 9th, 2014, 12:10 AM
:)

I was only partly joking. I've had him on ignore almost all season long and forgot about him completely until your post. My AGS experience is much more enjoyable without having to read his mindless giberish.

JacksTown
November 9th, 2014, 12:56 AM
good for the Gulls
http://imgur.com/BJ9TRUW

Red & Black
November 9th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Freshman receiver Nic Sblendorio's one-handed catch was #2 on SC Top 10 last night and got the #1 spot on Fox Sports Live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CtRYtrD6IA

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo352/clapincd/Sblendorio_zpsfddfa739.png (http://s391.photobucket.com/user/clapincd/media/Sblendorio_zpsfddfa739.png.html)

Bison56
November 9th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Freshman receiver Nic Sblendorio's one-handed catch was #2 on SC Top 10 last night and got the #1 spot on Fox Sports Live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CtRYtrD6IA

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo352/clapincd/Sblendorio_zpsfddfa739.png (http://s391.photobucket.com/user/clapincd/media/Sblendorio_zpsfddfa739.png.html)

I saw that yesterday that was a amazing catch.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 10th, 2014, 12:13 PM

Another bump for AlphaCoward.

Silenoz
November 10th, 2014, 12:23 PM
I didn't get to watch the game because we were moving into our house, but between this supposed blown TD call, our non-safety against NAU, the disappeared first and goal against Coastal, and the blown FG call against UND, I don't want to hear anymore about UM always getting calls their way

Anyways, I'll root for Idaho State and EWU success in the playoffs. Anything to get some sort of fire lit in our leadership.

dudeitsaid
November 10th, 2014, 11:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/R4IzVxOl.jpg

Too good not to share! Great work by an EWU fan!

Magnify it at http://i.imgur.com/R4IzVxO.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
November 11th, 2014, 12:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/R4IzVxOl.jpg

Too good not to share! Great work by an EWU fan!

Magnify it at http://i.imgur.com/R4IzVxO.jpg

That is very cool.

dudeitsaid
November 11th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Highlights of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAvvi4wjW7c

Some great plays by both teams. Heck of a fun game.