PDA

View Full Version : OVC Playoff Outlook

PanthersBlue
November 3rd, 2014, 11:58 AM
We know Jacksonville State is going to be in and possibly Eastern Kentucky. But what if Eastern Illinois runs the table and ends up taking the OVC Auto-Bid. Would EKU still be considered a team in or not?

EIU has looked like a team on a mission since starting OVC play.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2014, 12:05 PM
The OVC is a very interesting conference imo. The winner of the Jax State-EKU will punch their ticket imo. I also think the winner will have the inside track to a pretty good seed. Jax State actually has 3 tricky games to finish the year, @ EKU, EIU, @ SEMO....

IMO, EKU still gets in at 9-3....

TypicalTribe
November 3rd, 2014, 01:29 PM
What is the OVC tiebreaker if there is a 3-way tie between JSU, EKU and EIU?

skinny_uncle
November 3rd, 2014, 02:05 PM

They have a contest with a representative from each school to see who can last the longest watching a "Duck Dynasty" marathon.

Sycamore62
November 3rd, 2014, 02:07 PM
any chance EIU beats JSU? i havent seen JSU

Cocky
November 3rd, 2014, 02:18 PM

yes, EIU is getting better. JSU should win just on talent alone. Should is the key word.

Sycamore62
November 3rd, 2014, 02:24 PM
yes, EIU is getting better. JSU should win just on talent alone. Should is the key word.

I think the beginning of the season was a bunch of coaches that weren't ready for the job they had. they really pissed away a golden opportunity vs EKU. Nothing would surprise me now. Somehow I missed the TTU loss by EKU and now im thinking the championship game is next week with EIU at JSU

PanthersBlue
November 3rd, 2014, 02:32 PM
I think the beginning of the season was a bunch of coaches that weren't ready for the job they had. they really pissed away a golden opportunity vs EKU. Nothing would surprise me now. Somehow I missed the TTU loss by EKU and now im thinking the championship game is next week with EIU at JSU

Once EIU set their mind on Whitlow as the QB and got away from the 2-QB system they were using during the non-conference portion of the schedule, it clicked. The offense is begging to hum right along and the defense is improved from last year.

I also can see the EIU and JSU game being for the OVC title. But, I'm also not going to look past the challenge this weekend at home.

Sycamore62
November 3rd, 2014, 06:28 PM
Once EIU set their mind on Whitlow as the QB and got away from the 2-QB system they were using during the non-conference portion of the schedule, it clicked. The offense is begging to hum right along and the defense is improved from last year.

I also can see the EIU and JSU game being for the OVC title. But, I'm also not going to look past the challenge this weekend at home.

Ive always felt it was ok for us to look by teams since we aren't playing, plus it's 6 long days each week

i thought they should have gone with the Manley kid but maybe they can't coach a passer.

eiu1999
November 3rd, 2014, 09:30 PM
I agree they (EIU) finally are playing better. The EKU game was heartbreaking. We'll see how JSU plays out in a few weeks.

Wish we had this defense last year.

eiu1999
November 3rd, 2014, 09:36 PM

A chance, yes, but not really.

eiu1999
November 3rd, 2014, 10:12 PM
Ive always felt it was ok for us to look by teams since we aren't playing, plus it's 6 long days each week

i thought they should have gone with the Manley kid but maybe they can't coach a passer.

Manley runs in slow motion.

PanthersBlue
November 4th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Manley just never showed that same explosiveness that Whitlow has.

Sycamore62
November 4th, 2014, 07:29 AM

I meant I wouldn't have had him running.

CockyGeek
November 4th, 2014, 11:20 AM
JSU has to be a lock even if they lose to EIU or EKU. It's possible all three teams get in like last year if EIU wins out.

PanthersBlue
November 5th, 2014, 08:44 AM
JSU has to be a lock even if they lose to EIU or EKU. It's possible all three teams get in like last year if EIU wins out.

Agree.

Sycamore62
November 5th, 2014, 09:29 AM

Id say if EIU gets the bid then someone may get left out. the way the MVFC is panning out they could get a lot of bids. They could also flop again.

TypicalTribe
November 5th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Id say if EIU gets the bid then someone may get left out. the way the MVFC is panning out they could get a lot of bids. They could also flop again.

I think the MVFC is playing out about as expected. It's the Big Sky that could take an extra bid or two.

kdinva
November 5th, 2014, 01:15 PM

that would make the folks in Lynchburg nervous.......unless Liberty wins out, then the Big South would get two slots.....and the MVC and Big Sky and CAA would sweat........

November is fun! xhighfivex

ekufbfan
November 5th, 2014, 02:21 PM
If we (EKU) win Saturday we control our destiny. We win Saturday we should be fine as long as we take care of business, JSU will be the toughest test so far this season. If we win Saturday, we have the team to finish with W's in what is left of conference play. The last game for EKU is with the Gators in Gainesville, and it's Florida, payday time for what that's worth.
GO EKU!

eiu1999
November 5th, 2014, 06:45 PM
If we (EKU) win Saturday we control our destiny. We win Saturday we should be fine as long as we take care of business, JSU will be the toughest test so far this season. If we win Saturday, we have the team to finish with W's in what is left of conference play. The last game for EKU is with the Gators in Gainesville, and it's Florida, payday time for what that's worth.
GO EKU!

I agree if EKU wins on Saturday they are in regardless.

I have hopes EIU can beat JSU as well, but that might be asking too much.

ekufbfan
November 5th, 2014, 08:49 PM
This EKU team is a mystery to me. They just seem to find a way to win, and then there's the game with TTU where they sure found a way to lose ( 31-10 start of 4th quarter and throw interceptions and fumble the game away...makes no sense!). Thought there was no way EKU beats EIU and somehow we pull it out. They will need the best they have for 4 quarters to beat JSU, or so it seems on paper. Most seem to think the game belongs to Jax St., we shall see. GO EKU!

Sycamore62
November 5th, 2014, 09:38 PM
This EKU team is a mystery to me. They just seem to find a way to win, and then there's the game with TTU where they sure found a way to lose ( 31-10 start of 4th quarter and throw interceptions and fumble the game away...makes no sense!). Thought there was no way EKU beats EIU and somehow we pull it out. They will need the best they have for 4 quarters to beat JSU, or so it seems on paper. Most seem to think the game belongs to Jax St., we shall see. GO EKU!

I quit on the EIU EKU game because I thought EIU had it won at half....then happened to listen to OT in the vehicle.

PanthersBlue
November 6th, 2014, 08:34 AM
I quit on the EIU EKU game because I thought EIU had it won at half....then happened to listen to OT in the vehicle.

EIU played the 2nd half like they had won it already, it was really disheartening to see. If that game were played again I have a feeling EIU would win by a few scores. None the less EIU has paved this path and to make the playoffs they must play their cards right and root for JSU like crazy this weekend. I know I will be sitting in the stands in Charleston on Saturday following JSU and EKU on my phone.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 6th, 2014, 10:34 AM
What type of crowd will EKU draw this weekend? Will they have a "significant" homefield advantage? I think EKU has a decent shot this week if their defense can get a couple of stops.....

ekufbfan
November 6th, 2014, 03:49 PM
EIU played the 2nd half like they had won it already, it was really disheartening to see. If that game were played again I have a feeling EIU would win by a few scores. None the less EIU has paved this path and to make the playoffs they must play their cards right and root for JSU like crazy this weekend. I know I will be sitting in the stands in Charleston on Saturday following JSU and EKU on my phone.
Cazy this: some who have lost a game (EIU to EKU) or played a close game against an opponent ( JSU vs TSU and Chatty) have a excuse/ reason "why" they never should lost or why the game was close, or if it was played again they would have won by several TD's, yet EKU had lost one game vs TTU ( which we led to the 4th quarter when we experienced a train wreck). However, we did not get on here and whine about how much "better we are than other teams" (TTU) , or how much we have improved and "if we were to play the game again, we would win by several touchdowns", blah, blah, blah. We may get the snot beat out of us Saturday vs JSU ( we may not), but you won't hear us whining about playing the game again, etc., etc. You have ONE chance, you had better make the best of it, if you lose....... coulda,woulda, shoulda means nothing.
GO EKU!

Sycamore62
November 6th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Crazy this. Everyone else who has lost a game (EIU to EKU) or played a close game against an opponent ( JSU vs TSU and Chatty) have a excuse/ reason "why" they should never should lost or why the game was close, or if it was played again they would have won by several TD's, yet EKU had lost one game vs TTU ( which we led to the 4th quarter when we experienced a train wreck). However, we did not get on here and whine about how much "better we are than other teams" , or how much we have improved and ". if we were to play the game again, we would win by several touchdowns", blah, blah, blah. We may get the snot beat out of us Saturday vs JSU ( we may not), but you won't hear us whining about playing the game again, etc., etc.

Until now

dgtw
November 6th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Is the game going to be on ESPN3 or the OVC Network? Is the announcing team EKU uses for OVC Network games any good?

Big_Fan
November 6th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Cazy this: some who have lost a game (EIU to EKU) or played a close game against an opponent ( JSU vs TSU and Chatty) have a excuse/ reason "why" they never should lost or why the game was close, or if it was played again they would have won by several TD's, yet EKU had lost one game vs TTU ( which we led to the 4th quarter when we experienced a train wreck). However, we did not get on here and whine about how much "better we are than other teams" (TTU) , or how much we have improved and "if we were to play the game again, we would win by several touchdowns", blah, blah, blah. We may get the snot beat out of us Saturday vs JSU ( we may not), but you won't hear us whining about playing the game again, etc., etc. You have ONE chance, you had better make the best of it, if you lose....... coulda,woulda, shoulda means nothing.
GO EKU!

You lost to TTU.

They dominated the stat sheet.

There is no valid excuse or reason to explain why a team only marginally better than Peay would beat you - short of your team suffering an Ebola outbreak, and even that is questionable.

You are right about one thing... we have ONE CHANCE against your team in Richmond. So far, with the exception of Michigan State, once chance has been all we needed. No excuses needed. We beat a very good Chatty team in their house. We ended TSU's multi-year winning streak in the hole. Tell me about that Ebola outbreak again.

ekufbfan
November 6th, 2014, 09:23 PM
You lost to TTU.

They dominated the stat sheet.

There is no valid excuse or reason to explain why a team only marginally better than Peay would beat you - short of your team suffering an Ebola outbreak, and even that is questionable.

You are right about one thing... we have ONE CHANCE against your team in Richmond. So far, with the exception of Michigan State, once chance has been all we needed. No excuses needed. We beat a very good Chatty team in their house. We ended TSU's multi-year winning streak in the hole. Tell me about that Ebola outbreak again.

Re: EKU vs TTU. Yes we lost, I said that in my post. Stats? I don't know the stats for the TTU game, but they also put more points on the board than us. As far as a total meltdown after a big lead, JSU has been there ( remember several years ago, EKU did the same to JSU,). And yes, it sucks. But it is what it is. Games aren't won on stats, they are won on the score board. I have been following EKU since 1968. We have been the statistical winner at times but not the winner on the scoreboard, no one, NO ONE remembers the statical winner. Stats do not win a championship for you unless you also put more points on the board than the other team. I know someone on the JSU Board and maybe the EKU board also, has been all over the place talking about JSU stats vs EKU stats. As far as one chance, I might remind you, we have lost only 1 game too. One thing for sure, one or the other will have 2 hung on them after Saturday's game.
As far as an "Ebola outbreak", really not very clever and certainly not funny.

ekufbfan
November 6th, 2014, 09:33 PM
One more thing Big Fan. I can tell You ARE a big fan of JSU. I love EKU, so I understand loyalty.
If JSU beats us Saturday, it will be because you have a better team or at least a better team on that day. The sun will come up on Sunday and we will move on.

PanthersBlue
November 6th, 2014, 09:54 PM
No whining here.
Just stating my opinion, weird how it set you off.

I never said we were better, you beat us on that day, congratulations. I just stated that if we we're play again I think EIU wouldn't let it get away again.

ekufbfan
November 6th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Is the game going to be on ESPN3 or the OVC Network? Is the announcing team EKU uses for OVC Network games any good?
I think the OVC network only.
Greg Stolemyer, the Voice of the Colonels, does a great job. Not a homer, calls them fairly, but does get excited at times on great plays . One tid bit about Greg. He is a Western KY U grad, but a die hard EKU fan. Has been calling EKU games a very long time.

Big_Fan
November 7th, 2014, 12:10 AM
I don't post on FCS opponent forums.

I have the same screen name on the JSU message board as I do here, and I am admittedly a stats geek.

Hey, I expect you to expect your team to win - or at least look through maroon colored glasses at an angle where it appears possible, if not likely. I just don't see it. I don't wear maroon colored glasses.

Obviously the stats are not what wins the game, but stats also indicate trends that can serve as predictors. For example, in OVC play, EKU's defense is allowing close to 200 yards on the ground, and 428 yards overall. Offensively, EKU is averaging 411 yards against OVC opponents, and the rushing average drops from 250, to 233. Against OVC opponents, JSU is allowing 260 yards of total offense, while gaining 556. JSU's in-conference rushing totals climb from the 284 average, to 326. EKU's average score in-conference is 39 to 28.5, while JSU is 44 to 13. The opposition is similar, however EKU has played EIU.

None of that means that JSU will beat EKU in Richmond, but it does serve as an indicator for a number of things.

1. Given that EKU is allowing an average of 28 points and 411 yards to other OVC opponents, it is unlikely that they will hold the leagues most prolific offense below that line. It is far more likely that JSU will exceed that total by a significant margin. In fact, given that every OVC opponent EKU has played has exceeded their average offensive output by a significant margin, I would say that JSU putting 600 yards on EKU is entirely possible. If JSU has close to 600 yards, the Gamecocks will have 40+ points.

2. Given the comparative performance of opponent defenses to the defense of JSU, it is unlikely that EKU will reach its average in-conference point total. Given that some poorly rated defenses have held the EKU offense relatively in-check, and significant scoring has been the result of shortened fields from turnovers, it is likely that EKU will have a great deal of difficulty approaching its 39 point average. JSU gave up 28 points to Murray State, before adjusting to the pass-happy Hatch-attack, and shutting them down. Against run-first offenses, JSU has had its way.

The X factor is turnovers. JSU has not been particularly turnover prone, however the Gamecocks cannot afford to give the ball to EKU with a short field. The game is also at Richmond, so there is the home field advantage to consider. In special teams, the two teams are fairly evenly matched. JSU holds a statistical advantage in returns defense, but it is really marginal in the grand scheme of things.

If we give EKU the ball in a short field, or their passing game suddenly turns into the Broncos, all bets are off, but based on what has happened so far this season, I can't see any way to pick EKU to do more than keep it close enough to be uncomfortable until the final buzzer. EKU's best defense in this game is its offense. I can see EKU hurting us with screens, and plays where the QB rolls. Your big receivers could hurt us on slants, and Mobely scares me as a receiver, and if we cheat up to cover him, you get single coverage on the tall guys. That is what it will take to beat us. If you hand off 30 times and go play action, or if your OL can't sustain blocks (a big question mark against our DL) I really think you will lose by 40.

...and I really thought the Ebola comment would get a laugh or two, even from EKU fans. What other explanation is there for losing to TTU? At least when you had the big comeback against us, you were a playoff team. TTU has just 2 wins against NCAA opponents, has given up 40+ points 4 times, and has what is statistically the 5th worst offense in the FCS - with no games against FBS opponents (3 below them have, and the other is non-scholly).

dgtw
November 7th, 2014, 05:42 AM
I think the OVC network only.
Greg Stolemyer, the Voice of the Colonels, does a great job. Not a homer, calls them fairly, but does get excited at times on great plays . One tid bit about Greg. He is a Western KY U grad, but a die hard EKU fan. Has been calling EKU games a very long time.

The OVC Network coverage has always been better than ESPNU to me. The ones used for JSU games aren't the actual JSU announcers, but area guys (one hosts a talk show in Birmingham) they use but are pretty good as well.

Looking forward to the game. I may make the trip up there in 2016.

ekufbfan
November 7th, 2014, 07:22 AM
I don't post on FCS opponent forums.

I have the same screen name on the JSU message board as I do here, and I am admittedly a stats geek.

Hey, I expect you to expect your team to win - or at least look through maroon colored glasses at an angle where it appears possible, if not likely. I just don't see it. I don't wear maroon colored glasses.

Obviously the stats are not what wins the game, but stats also indicate trends that can serve as predictors. For example, in OVC play, EKU's defense is allowing close to 200 yards on the ground, and 428 yards overall. Offensively, EKU is averaging 411 yards against OVC opponents, and the rushing average drops from 250, to 233. Against OVC opponents, JSU is allowing 260 yards of total offense, while gaining 556. JSU's in-conference rushing totals climb from the 284 average, to 326. EKU's average score in-conference is 39 to 28.5, while JSU is 44 to 13. The opposition is similar, however EKU has played EIU.

None of that means that JSU will beat EKU in Richmond, but it does serve as an indicator for a number of things.

1. Given that EKU is allowing an average of 28 points and 411 yards to other OVC opponents, it is unlikely that they will hold the leagues most prolific offense below that line. It is far more likely that JSU will exceed that total by a significant margin. In fact, given that every OVC opponent EKU has played has exceeded their average offensive output by a significant margin, I would say that JSU putting 600 yards on EKU is entirely possible. If JSU has close to 600 yards, the Gamecocks will have 40+ points.

2. Given the comparative performance of opponent defenses to the defense of JSU, it is unlikely that EKU will reach its average in-conference point total. Given that some poorly rated defenses have held the EKU offense relatively in-check, and significant scoring has been the result of shortened fields from turnovers, it is likely that EKU will have a great deal of difficulty approaching its 39 point average. JSU gave up 28 points to Murray State, before adjusting to the pass-happy Hatch-attack, and shutting them down. Against run-first offenses, JSU has had its way.

The X factor is turnovers. JSU has not been particularly turnover prone, however the Gamecocks cannot afford to give the ball to EKU with a short field. The game is also at Richmond, so there is the home field advantage to consider. In special teams, the two teams are fairly evenly matched. JSU holds a statistical advantage in returns defense, but it is really marginal in the grand scheme of things.

If we give EKU the ball in a short field, or their passing game suddenly turns into the Broncos, all bets are off, but based on what has happened so far this season, I can't see any way to pick EKU to do more than keep it close enough to be uncomfortable until the final buzzer. EKU's best defense in this game is its offense. I can see EKU hurting us with screens, and plays where the QB rolls. Your big receivers could hurt us on slants, and Mobely scares me as a receiver, and if we cheat up to cover him, you get single coverage on the tall guys. That is what it will take to beat us. If you hand off 30 times and go play action, or if your OL can't sustain blocks (a big question mark against our DL) I really think you will lose by 40.

...and I really thought the Ebola comment would get a laugh or two, even from EKU fans. What other explanation is there for losing to TTU? At least when you had the big comeback against us, you were a playoff team. TTU has just 2 wins against NCAA opponents, has given up 40+ points 4 times, and has what is statistically the 5th worst offense in the FCS - with no games against FBS opponents (3 below them have, and the other is non-scholly).

Shewwww. You have worn me out.��
GO EKU!

dgtw
November 8th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Jax State wins 20-6 and play for OVC title at home next week against EIU.

A good game with good defensive play on both sides. I think EKU is still in line for an at large.

EKU Toss Sweep
November 8th, 2014, 04:20 PM
The best team won today. Jax is real, but if they are a legitimate #4, this EKU should get in at 9-3. Good win Jax. You're better than I thought, but I think the Colonels are better than Jax fans thought. No moral victories. We got 1 shot and the better team won.

dgtw
November 8th, 2014, 04:33 PM
I am sorry your player got hurt because our coach wasn't taking a knee at the end. That was idiotic.

EKU Toss Sweep
November 8th, 2014, 04:45 PM
I'll admit I missed it. Who?

dgtw
November 8th, 2014, 05:40 PM
We had the ball with a little under two minutes left and you were out of timeouts. But we ran the ball and even got knocked out of bounds on first down.

On second down one of your guys got hurt and the announcer said it was his collarbone.

Because he went out of bounds on first, we had to punt on fourth with about 15 seconds left.

Big_Fan
November 8th, 2014, 05:56 PM
The best team won today. Jax is real, but if they are a legitimate #4, this EKU should get in at 9-3. Good win Jax. You're better than I thought, but I think the Colonels are better than Jax fans thought. No moral victories. We got 1 shot and the better team won.

I disagree.

EKU is who we thought they were.

They are a good team, but pretty much one dimensional - and defensively weak against the run.

Nobody said you were bad. I just hope we can get our injured players back quickly. We were already a MASH unit on the offensive line, and lost 2 today. We lost our best cover corner before halftime today as well.

Our QB went back into "gotta be superman" mode for a bit today, and that hurt us. Coach Grass commented on that a while back...sometimes he will try to do it all and hurt more than help. He should have sat out a couple of series in the second quarter so he could see what the defense was doing. Once he started handing it off, we were able to salt the game away.

I really think our DL is the best in the FCS.

EKU Toss Sweep
November 8th, 2014, 07:24 PM
We were already a MASH unit on the offensive line, and lost 2 today. We lost our best cover corner before halftime today as well.

It's November. Everybody is a MASH unit. If you're not banged up at this point you are either incredibly lucky or playing flag football. I hope you get 'em back for the playoffs too. I'd like to have a few back for the playoffs as well. Who wouldn't?

Good win today for Jax. Good luck in the playoffs!

Golden Eagle
November 8th, 2014, 07:27 PM

A few years ago, three-way ties were broken by a literal drawing of straws by representatives of each school. Don't know if they changed that or not, but it stuck in my memory.

Sycamore62
November 8th, 2014, 07:29 PM
A few years ago, three-way ties were broken by a literal drawing of straws by representatives of each school. Don't know if they changed that or not, but it stuck in my memory.
I think a 3 way tie is unlikely now. If EIU wins they would have to lose to UTM and then JSU would also have to lose in 2 weeks

EKU Toss Sweep
November 8th, 2014, 07:32 PM

You've got to exhaust a bunch of possibilities before drawing straws. Today's JSU win eliminates the confusion. Below is the process:

MULTIPLE TIES
1.) A multiple tie (three or more teams)
shall exist only if the tied teams have the same
number of losses.
2.) If all of the teams involved in the multiple
tie played each other during the regular season,
then the composite records among the tied
teams shall be compared to break the tie.
3.) If the process outlined in Step 2 reduces
the tie to a tie among two teams, the two-team
tiebreaker formula shall then be utilized.
4.) If not all of the tied teams played each
other during the regular season, or if step 2
does not break or reduce the tie, the following
procedure shall be utilized:
a.) A comparison of each of the tied
teams’ head-to-head record against the team
occupying the highest position in the regularseason standings that each team has played. If
one team won its game against that team, the
winning team shall be declared the representative.
b.) Should the procedure outlined in
Item a. fail to break the tie, the process will
continue to the next-place team and beyond
until the tie is broken.
c.) When arriving at another group of
tied teams, composite records between the tying teams shall be utilized to determine if one
of the tied teams has won more games against
the group of tied teams.
5.) If the procedures described previously
fail to break the tie, the representative shall be
determined by a blind drawing.

ekufbfan
November 8th, 2014, 09:38 PM
JSU is a good team, I hope they win out and represent the OVC well in the playoffs.
yes, Big Fan, we had a lot ofkids out today also, but I will not belittle the JSU win by whining about it. You mention you had this one and that one out, etc., etc. as already mentioned most teams do at this point in the season.
JSU was a better team than EKU today, that was obvious. But as legendary EKU Coach Kidd used to say. " When you win, act like you've been there before". Your team did.........

Big_Fan
November 8th, 2014, 09:48 PM
JSU is a good team, I hope they win out and represent the OVC well in the playoffs.
yes, Big Fan, we had a lot ofkids out today also, but I will not belittle the JSU win by whining about it. You mention you had this one and that one out, etc., etc. as already mentioned most teams do at this point in the season.
JSU was a better team than EKU today, that was obvious. But as legendary EKU Coach Kidd used to say. " When you win, act like you've beed n there before". Your team did.........

WTH?

Our injuries had nothing to do with the outcome of this game, but we can't beat MVFC teams if we are playing defensive linemen on the OL (like we did today). We need them back... and our pass defense has been a weakness at times - with the exception of Hough, who was injured today. Our backup had a couple of picks against EKU, but EWU will pick us apart if we are playing freshmen.

The biggest problem we had to day was the QB trying to do too much. It didn't matter against EKU, all we needed was one TD to win. I don't think we will hold EWU or NDSU to one TD.

...and by the way, "Act like you've been there before" is a Vince Lombardi quote. Kidd was a good coach, but he was no Lombardi.

ekufbfan
November 8th, 2014, 10:18 PM
L
WTH?

Our injuries had nothing to do with the outcome of this game, but we can't beat MVFC teams if we are playing defensive linemen on the OL (like we did today). We need them back... and our pass defense has been a weakness at times - with the exception of Hough, who was injured today. Our backup had a couple of picks against EKU, but EWU will pick us apart if we are playing freshmen.

The biggest problem we had to day was the QB trying to do too much. It didn't matter against EKU, all we needed was one TD to win. I don't think we will hold EWU or NDSU to one TD.

...and by the way, "Act like you've been there before" is a Vince Lombardi quote. Kidd was a good coach, but he was no Lombardi.

I wish JSU the best despite the fact that you have your shorts stuck up your azz.
And yes, I know that's a Lombardi quote. . Coach Kidd was a class act and taught his team the same and often spoke to his team about winning with class and used The Lombardi quote to emphasize it. Your remark regarding Coach Kidd was unnecessary and shows you are a egotistical little know it all. You have to have the last word, have at it Napoleon.

Big_Fan
November 8th, 2014, 10:39 PM
L

I wish JSU the best despite the fact that you have your shorts stuck up your azz.
And yes, I know that's a Lombardi quote. . Coach Kidd was a class act and taught his team the same and often spoke to his team about winning with class and used The Lombardi quote to emphasize it. Your remark regarding Coach Kidd was unnecessary and shows you are a egotistical little know it all. You have to have the last word, have at it Napoleon.

Since you want me to have the last word, I will oblige...

Two words, actually...

Sore loser.