PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 8 2014

bonarae
November 1st, 2014, 09:16 PM
Harvard might have clinched the Ivy title today.

Yale at Brown
Dartmouth at Cornell
Columbia at Harvard - I'm thinking of a Lamar-esque performance by the Crimson here... the Lamar team I'm describing here has humiliated NAIA opponents and SLC cellar-dwellers by large margins.
Penn at Princeton

Go Green
November 1st, 2014, 09:44 PM
Columbia at Harvard - I'm thinking of a Lamar-esque performance by the Crimson here... the Lamar team I'm describing here has humiliated NAIA opponents and SLC cellar-dwellers by large margins.

Nah. The trend seems to be to give starters/key players a rest against Columbia and let backups get game experience. And even then, run pretty vanilla stuff. On Jake's Board, the Columbia faithful can see full and well that other teams are treating Columbia as if its a scrimmage.

As for Harvard, they most likely clinched a share of the title. Whether or not they win it outright or get a three-way share depends on Yale.

Ivytalk
November 1st, 2014, 09:58 PM
Yale (could be a trap game for the Eli)
Dartmouth
Harvard
Princeton

bulldog10jw
November 1st, 2014, 10:20 PM
Yale (could be a trap game for the Eli)
Dartmouth
Harvard
Princeton

Agree. And also agree about Brown. They are a vastly better team than they were in Sept. and Yale will need to play better than they did today to win.

TheDHC
November 1st, 2014, 11:16 PM
Just in time for the weekly Pick Anyone But Columbia or Cornell thread.

bulldog10jw
November 2nd, 2014, 03:37 AM
Just in time for the weekly Pick Anyone But Columbia or Cornell thread.

The pressure will be on 11/15 when Columbia and Cornell play each other. xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
November 2nd, 2014, 06:05 AM
The pressure will be on 11/15 when Columbia and Cornell play each other. xthumbsupx

I'll go with the home team in that epic battle!xsmiley_wix

bonarae
November 6th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Bumping this...

Ivytalk
November 6th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Bumping this...

Why? This week's Ivy games are pretty dismal. Except maybe Yale-Brown.

Go Green
November 6th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Why? This week's Ivy games are pretty dismal. Except maybe Yale-Brown.

Have to agree. Except the part about "maybe Yale-Brown." Yale will win easily.

This really hasn't been the Ivy's best year in terms of quantity of competitive games.

bonarae
November 6th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Hmm, it's already Thursday and this thread has been quiet. Maybe next week or the last week, there'll be no need for me to bump the Ivy threads on Thursdays or Fridays.

Ivytalk
November 7th, 2014, 06:11 AM
Four haves, four have-nots. Three-way tie possible if Dartmouth and Yale win out and Harvard loses to Yale.

bulldog10jw
November 7th, 2014, 07:13 AM
Four haves, four have-nots. Three-way tie possible if Dartmouth and Yale win out and Harvard loses to Yale.

Also, an undefeated season for Harvard is likely.

How many would that be for Murphy, three? Four?

Ivytalk
November 7th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Also, an undefeated season for Harvard is likely.

How many would that be for Murphy, three? Four?

Murphy has had two overall undefeated seasons ('01, '04) and three additional seasons where his teams went 7-0 in Ivy play ('97, '07, '11).

bulldog10jw
November 8th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Yale 45 Brown 42 final

No chance to beat Harvard with this defense. Princeton will be a tossup like today, I think.

Ivytalk
November 8th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Yale 45 Brown 42 final

No chance to beat Harvard with this defense. Princeton will be a tossup like today, I think.

Well, at least the Eli held on. Varga ran wild again.

Harvard had three pick-sixes today against Columbia in 45-0 win. Hempel didn't play. Lots of subs got PT today.

bonarae
November 8th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Final Scores:
Yale 45, Brown 42 - so the Elis do not have a defense after all?
Dartmouth 42, Cornell 7 - uh huh, Cornell is the Ivies' version of a SLC cellar dweller?
Harvard 45, Columbia 0 - it all goes down to next week's game...
Princeton 22, Penn 17 - Penn's season is all but flushed down.