PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Blue Hens vs Rhode Island Rams

superman7515
November 1st, 2014, 03:12 PM
Total tickets distributed: 12,798. I will bet you any amount of money you can physically come up with that there were fewer than 2,500 fans in the stands for today's game. You'll note that I didn't take the pictures pregame or during the very opening, all of the game clocks note that this was with just over 5 minutes remaining in the 2nd quarter; the first pic at 5:10 in the 2nd, the last pic at 5:06 in the 2nd, and the middle pic was somewhere in between 5:10-5:06 (no game clock on the sidelines). Point being, there was no attempt by me to make this seem worse than it was.

Student section - Official student attendance was 16, looks like that was about right.

http://s26.postimg.org/efy8eoo3s/IMG_2828.jpg

West Stands (home side) - If someone is interested in counting, it actually shouldn't be hard, but I need to get started on the How They Fared spreadsheet. No more than a few hundred in the home stands.

http://s26.postimg.org/s72pgwd1k/IMG_2827.jpg

North end zone - 7 people (2 bottom left, 5 in the middle, 0 on the right)

http://s26.postimg.org/ftpv9znd4/IMG_2829.jpg

I sit in the East stands, so my pic doesn't show it very well. There were fewer than 20 people in the stands on my side of the field for pregame, but more did finally make their way in. A few hundred from what I could gather, but it did not appear to me to be more than 500 at the fullest point of the game.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 1st, 2014, 03:15 PM
It's hard for me to understand why Delaware fans seem to take pleasure in watching the program erode.

superman7515
November 1st, 2014, 03:19 PM
It's hard for me to understand why Delaware fans seem to take pleasure in watching the program erode.

I take no pleasure in it. It's shameful and embarrassing, in my humble opinion, but the only way to facilitate change is to admit there's a problem. Here's photographic evidence that we have a problem. I would love the administration to do something to reverse this, but to be honest, I'm all out of suggestions. If I told you a few seasons ago that this is what the stands would look like, no one would have believed it. Something has to change, but I'm at a loss.

Engineer86
November 1st, 2014, 03:38 PM
Sad such a football tradition that goes back to Dave Nelson. UD will always be my #2

MR. CHICKEN
November 1st, 2014, 03:59 PM
19961....AH WAS IN MAH SEAT....SECTION J.......COLD & WET.....HOT SHOWER WHEN AH GOT HOME.........NO QUIT......IN MR. CHICKEN.......xnodx..AWK!

Ivytalk
November 1st, 2014, 06:05 PM
That is downright pathetic.

bryantbd
November 1st, 2014, 06:47 PM
That is downright pathetic.
well they where playing URIxeyebrowx

Tim James
November 2nd, 2014, 05:13 AM
At least this puts an end to all moving up to FBS rumors.

caribbeanhen
November 2nd, 2014, 05:31 AM
I guess global warming has spoiled Hen Fans, as I remember it used to get pretty cold in Delaware and it was Nov the First, the weather has been beautiful this football season but by November any chance of an Indian summer Saturday has long passed. The true definition of fair weather fans! acting like a wet 40 degree day is like the Polar vortex.....

superman7515
November 2nd, 2014, 07:06 AM
I guess global warming has spoiled Hen Fans, as I remember it used to get pretty cold in Delaware and it was Nov the First, the weather has been beautiful this football season but by November any chance of an Indian summer Saturday has long passed. The true definition of fair weather fans! acting like a wet 40 degree day is like the Polar vortex.....

Says the guy who moved to the Caribbean. xlolx

superman7515
November 2nd, 2014, 07:22 AM
Finally got my pan picture of the east stands, where I was sitting, to upload properly. So this is all four sides of the stadium now shown.

https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7484/15666610776_8658c82a7b_k.jpg

KPSUL
November 2nd, 2014, 08:43 AM
While the change at Delaware may be more extreme, CAA fans just don't seem to come out for games on bad weather days. If you watched any of the Richmond - Nova game, or UNH - Albany, the stands looked a lot like your photos at Delaware. The JMU - W&M game was somewhat of an exception. I was at the game and the stadium seats were about 50% occupied by the middle of the 1st Qtr. It was homecoming and it never really rained, but the crowd thinned out considerably in the 2nd half even though it was a very close game.

tomq04
November 2nd, 2014, 09:15 AM
I don't see a chicken in those stands.

Engineer86
November 2nd, 2014, 09:17 AM
Apply fans in the snow, as shown on Philly NBC news, put on an impressive showing and they are having the same down year as UD and also play a bad team. Along with May issues, this seems to be the trend in The Northeast more than other areas of the country.

Fear the Bird
November 3rd, 2014, 10:33 AM
Hey at least it will feel like a home game for Nova in a few weeks with only a few thousand people in the stands

MR. CHICKEN
November 3rd, 2014, 10:04 PM
19974.......IT HAS RAINED B/4...DURIN'....... JES' 'BOUT EVERAH DELAWARE HOME GAME DIS SEASON......SOMEBODAH BETTERAH START...SHOWIN' UP......OR RECRUITIN' WILL BE DUH NEXT HIT........DEN YA'S CAN REALLY HAVE SOMETHIN'........TA CRY FO'......PECKERHEADS.....AWK!