PDA

View Full Version : Missouri State vs Indiana State

Sycamore62
October 31st, 2014, 10:57 PM
Lots of buzz around this game I guess. I'll start the thread.

5dimes has ISUb -3.5

this is either the 2nd or 1st time they've been favored(never saw the spread on the Tenn Tech game). I didn't see the line on the IU game but I think we are 8-0 vs the spread and at least 4 wins were as dogs.

Anyone else have any info? Anyone seen both teams?

FargoBison
October 31st, 2014, 11:09 PM
This game is definitely the definition of a must win game.

MSU has to win out and if you are ISUB you cannot lose any games at home if you want to make the playoffs.

I gotta give the edge to the trees since they have proven to be much more consistent then MSU. That said MSU is capable of beating any team in the MVFC, they can score some points when they are on and they have some playmakers. Should be a fun game to watch.

Sycamore62
October 31st, 2014, 11:13 PM
I'm a bit afraid of what will be a 20mph diagonal cross wind from the non stadium side. Is MSU balanced offensively?

FargoBison
October 31st, 2014, 11:35 PM
I'm a bit afraid of what will be a 20mph diagonal cross wind from the non stadium side. Is MSU balanced offensively?

Last year they moved the ball well through the air against us. Harris can make some things happen at QB, he can also run well. Looking at their stats it does appear they are a bit more balanced this year.

IBleedYellow
November 1st, 2014, 06:03 AM
Get em trees. I've been impressed with the improvement and you guys worry me for next year.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

cpacmel
November 1st, 2014, 09:01 AM

Mo State doesn't really the throw the ball downfield. All their throws are short passes within 10-15 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Against us (Illinois State), we knocked Crowder out of the game. Not sure his status for today. Their back-up (Phoenix Johnson) had a nice game against us (15 carries 76 yards). He doesn't have the speed or break away ability that Crowder has though. We kept Harris in check, running wise. And forced him to pass.

I am very impressed with Indiana State's defense. They come to play and your offense gets some points, and you guys should be fine.

I'll say Trees 20 Bears 10

Sycamore62
November 1st, 2014, 09:13 AM
It sucks I have to ref a HS game and will miss this game. I can listen to about an hour of it which will only torture me during my game

Sycamore62
November 1st, 2014, 09:57 AM
Id like to see a game where we continue to play well to start but quit taking dumps inside the redzone. I don't know if thats from not having to worry about the deep ball or what.

We ran the ball great last week but with our previous lack of success it makes me think it was more SIU however, our previous conference games were against UNI and 2 undefeateds

DoubleE
November 1st, 2014, 02:42 PM
Missouri State 15 ISUb 14 in 4th. ISUb has to come back and win or they are out of the playoffs

DoubleE
November 1st, 2014, 03:08 PM
MSU 18 ISUb 17 with :42 seconds left in game

DoubleE
November 1st, 2014, 03:14 PM
ISUb 20 MSU 18 :06 left

Bisonator
November 1st, 2014, 03:18 PM
Wow another tough Valley game.

SIUSalukiFan
November 1st, 2014, 04:24 PM
Wow another tough Valley game.

Hell, Youngstown had to score 21 straight in the fourth quarter to beat South Dakota today. There are no easy games.

Jason Svoboda
November 1st, 2014, 11:09 PM
Wind killed our passing game. MSU defense played their tail off, too.

Hood
November 2nd, 2014, 08:55 AM
Yahoo Sports featured the hidden ball play this morning.

IndyTreeFan
November 2nd, 2014, 10:22 AM
Yahoo Sports featured the hidden ball play this morning.

It was #3 on ESPN Top Ten Plays last night.