PDA

View Full Version : $14 Million Washington-Grizzly Champions Center Announced

GetEmGriz
October 31st, 2014, 03:27 PM
It's been long overdue, and it's about time this was built! This is going to be a huge game-changer for the Griz program! xnodxxbowx

Story - http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/mont/sports/genrel/auto_player/10485260.jpeg
Image Gallery - http://www.gogriz.com/view.gal?id=168767

ursus arctos horribilis
October 31st, 2014, 03:30 PM
Gonna be nice.

Thumper 76
October 31st, 2014, 03:31 PM
Damn that looks nice!

tomq04
October 31st, 2014, 03:32 PM
And Eagle fans collectively cry in their beers.

AshevilleApp2
October 31st, 2014, 03:37 PM
Looks great! I'm curious as to how that compares to what you saw in the SC/Boone trip a couple of years back?

dudeitsaid
October 31st, 2014, 03:39 PM
And Eagle fans collectively cry in their beers.

Fan support is probably the biggest differentiator between EWU and UM. They can get funding like this, but Spokane would rather go watch WSU lose time after time then come, support, and invest in EWU football, even though it's closer and more successful. It's frustrating! We keep talking about the Gateway project. And I know it's a much bigger ask then 14 mill. But were trying to get from lower level facilities to upper tier, and we've got a longer way to go than UM.

I want to say congrats to the Griz. But this does provide an advantage for them, and it pisses me off! Maybe tomorrow, I can muster the thumbs up. :(

Grizalltheway
October 31st, 2014, 03:42 PM
Major props to the Washington brothers and all the other private donors. Our school and program owe them a huge debt of gratitude. xbowx

IBleedYellow
October 31st, 2014, 05:33 PM
Hot damn that looks glorious.

Knowing how long it takes to secure funding for these types of things makes it that much more impressive!

Grizo406
October 31st, 2014, 08:14 PM
Looks great! I'm curious as to how that compares to what you saw in the SC/Boone trip a couple of years back?

The renderings of the new Griz complex reminded me a lot of what App State has going on with their locker room.

ASU has the nicest facilities that I've seen, and it's beautiful. When completed, the new Griz Championship Center will eclipse what the Mountaineers have now, but not by much...IMO.

Theee Catrabbit
October 31st, 2014, 08:27 PM
That's a cute little thing you guys are going to be building there.......

centennial
October 31st, 2014, 08:30 PM
Looks nice, good job griz. Wish you guys get some new coaches as well.

Bisonoline
October 31st, 2014, 09:47 PM
Wow that looks impressive. Congrats!!!!!! Should be a great recruiting tool.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 31st, 2014, 09:50 PM

It looks to be of a similar quality as far as the parts that match up and so forth. The App locker room and weight training areas were very impressive and it looks like this will be right in there.

IBleedYellow
November 1st, 2014, 06:06 AM
So...when is ETA? I'm doubtful we'd get to see it next year when we arrive, eh?

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 1st, 2014, 06:18 AM
Wow....looks great!!

Montana is one of the premier FCS programs and this will help them stay there.

veinup
November 1st, 2014, 10:24 AM
Looks nice, good job griz. Wish you guys get some new coaches as well.

+1

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 1st, 2014, 11:33 AM
Gonna be nice.

Is it?

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 1st, 2014, 11:34 AM
Fan support is probably the biggest differentiator between EWU and UM. They can get funding like this, but Spokane would rather go watch WSU lose time after time then come, support, and invest in EWU football, even though it's closer and more successful. It's frustrating! We keep talking about the Gateway project. And I know it's a much bigger ask then 14 mill. But were trying to get from lower level facilities to upper tier, and we've got a longer way to go than UM.

I want to say congrats to the Griz. But this does provide an advantage for them, and it pisses me off! Maybe tomorrow, I can muster the thumbs up. :(

Come on man, you cant compare real football at Washington State to what you guys have in the wheat field. You just tied for 5th on the list of all time dumbest things said on the interweb

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 1st, 2014, 11:36 AM
Major props to the Washington brothers and all the other private donors. Our school and program owe them a huge debt of gratitude. xbowx

You are welcome

dudeitsaid
November 2nd, 2014, 05:26 PM
Come on man, you cant compare real football at Washington State to what you guys have in the wheat field. You just tied for 5th on the list of all time dumbest things said on the interweb

With you. But that's OK. You still own 1 through 4! xsmiley_wix

kalm
November 2nd, 2014, 06:53 PM

Cant we?

kalm
November 2nd, 2014, 06:56 PM
Oh...and congrats to the Griz program. Awesome looking facility!

uofmman1122
November 2nd, 2014, 09:42 PM
We've landed an absolutely stupid number of recruits this year that we'd be lucky to land even one or two of in years past.

This is gonna be huge.

Agreed on the new coaches point, though. Short of a semifinal appearance or better, I think it's time to move on.