PDA

View Full Version : UIW HC Larry Keenan stepping down - Heisman Trophy winner replacing him?

clenz
October 31st, 2014, 10:46 AM
According to FootballScoop.com

University of Incarnate Word (FCS – TX): Per source, this will be head coach Larry Kennan’s final season as head coach at UIW. Kennan’s career has seen him serve as everything from a high school assistant, to several college programs (including as head coach at Lamar), to multiple different stops in the NFL, in London as the head coach of the Monarchs and everywhere possible in between. For more than ten years, Kennan served as head of the NFL Coaches Association. UIW, which went 6-5 last season, is currently 1-7 playing a full FCS schedule. Sources tell us that Ricky Williams is a strong candidate to become the new head coach following the season. Williams, the former Heisman Trophy winner, has worked with the UIW program for the past two seasons.

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2014, 10:51 AM
Ricky Williams as a D1 head coach? Unless he's changed a ton from his laid back demeanor during his playing days that has disaster written all over it.

citdog
October 31st, 2014, 11:19 AM
Is Ricky still smokin'?

Bill
October 31st, 2014, 11:29 AM
Is Ricky still smokin'?

I think the people considering hiring him may be...

EKU Toss Sweep
October 31st, 2014, 09:40 PM
I think the people considering hiring him may be...

This..

centennial
October 31st, 2014, 09:42 PM
Lol. That's all I have to say.