PDA

View Full Version : Joe Glenn'a comments on the recruiting practices of UND

penguinpower
October 31st, 2014, 10:14 AM
Did anybody see this? Really stood out in his post game interview after the NDSU game. He was very complimentary of the Bison. He basically slammed UND.

rokamortis
October 31st, 2014, 10:21 AM
Did anybody see this? Really stood out in his post game interview after the NDSU game. He was very complimentary of the Bison. He basically slammed UND.

Link?

penguinpower
October 31st, 2014, 10:24 AM
http://www.argusleader.com/videos/sports/college/university-of-south-dakota/2014/10/25/17937547/

NoDak 4 Ever
October 31st, 2014, 10:29 AM
UND has had a long tradition of **** talking the Bison. Glenn coached in the NCC, he knows what went on.

UNDColorado
October 31st, 2014, 10:31 AM
UND has had a long tradition of **** talking the Bison. Glenn coached in the NCC, he knows what went on.

I have heard the exact opposite in regard to UND'd recruiting practices. That was a bush league comment.

dewey
October 31st, 2014, 10:32 AM
Here is the link to the NDSU vs USD thread here on AGS where it was posted and the following comments.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?162877-GDT-NDSU-vs-South-Dakota/page11

I could care less if UN_ is talking crap about NDSU or other schools for that matter. The results in the trophy case or hanging from the Fargodome is what matters.

Dewey

centennial
October 31st, 2014, 10:39 AM
Inb4 Darell

dewey
October 31st, 2014, 10:42 AM
Funny how this thread wasn't started by a NDSU fan.

Dewey

penguinpower
October 31st, 2014, 10:43 AM
I missed that thread dewey. Sorry about that. That was definitely an unfiltered comment. Talk about a straight shooter. I really like Joe Glenn

clenz
October 31st, 2014, 10:43 AM
I have heard the exact opposite in regard to UND'd recruiting practices. That was a bush league comment.
Funny, I've heard from people at multiple schools (from NAIA to D1) that what Glenn said is accurate.

Now, that may have changed with a new coach/staff...but what he alludes too definitely happens/happened.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 31st, 2014, 10:45 AM
Funny, I've heard from people at multiple schools (from NAIA to D1) that what Glenn said is accurate.

Now, that may have changed with a new coach/staff...but what he alludes too definitely happens/happened.

I would give Thomas a little leeway in this because he never seemed to bite on the rivalry but he's smug enough to have said an off-handed thing or two but Lennon just ****ing HATES NDSU, when he's on top he grins about it but now that they have blown anything he did out of the water he's pissed about it.

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2014, 10:47 AM
It's not bush league if it's true. If it's false then you're absolutely right. I'd tend to think it's true because I see no reason why Glenn would bring it up in this situation if it wasn't. I like that he speaks his mind openly even if it'll piss off a few people, it's a refreshing alternative to most modern coaches who rely on coach speak clichés to answer everything.

BisonBacker
October 31st, 2014, 11:05 AM

I've heard the same thing for years also. Looking at previous administrations and coaching staffs in Grand Forks it wasn't only in Football that this happened. But you won't ever get a fan from whiouxville to acknowledge that it ever happened or even had a chance of happening. But the fact a Non NDSU fan started this thread and a Non NDSU coach made the comment says a lot.

darell1976
October 31st, 2014, 11:20 AM

He was just kissing their ass because after getting fired at the end of this season he would love to be with the Bison. Yote fans should be proud of this guy, instead of saying positive things about his club he drools over what NDSU has then slams a team he hasn't coached against since the 1990's. What a dope!

centennial
October 31st, 2014, 11:30 AM
He was just kissing their ass because after getting fired at the end of this season he would love to be with the Bison. Yote fans should be proud of this guy, instead of saying positive things about his club he drools over what NDSU has then slams a team he hasn't coached against since the 1990's. What a dope!
Gentlemen, I present to you conspiracy theory #1.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 31st, 2014, 11:34 AM

UND would be stepping on their dicks to get this 'dope' if he expressed an interest. 3 National Championships and nearly 7 times as many Big Sky wins as your entire program.

JSUBison
October 31st, 2014, 11:43 AM

Hopefully this was Mussman and Co and has nothing to do with Bubba and current staff. From what I here, Bubba is a high road type of guy.

citdog
October 31st, 2014, 11:53 AM
UND would be stepping on their dicks to get this 'dope' if he expressed an interest. 3 National Championships and nearly 7 times as many Big Sky wins as your entire program.

Very true

ursus arctos horribilis
October 31st, 2014, 11:55 AM

I know him. He is not a liar or makes things up so you can say whatever you want about his class but the dude is pure f'n class so just because you are hurt by something he said don't mean **** about what kind of guy he is. If he said it, it is something he has experienced.

We don't always like things said about our schools. It does not mean they are not true or rooted in truth.

Your story of him wanting a job with the Bison is pure hilarity dude! xlolx

Yup, that's why he made an off the cuff remark in a press conference...devious Mr. Glenn, very devious.

Bisonator
October 31st, 2014, 12:01 PM
I don't know what UND's recruiting practices are now with Bubba in charge but what Glenn said was definitely true back in the D2 days when Glenn was at NC. I was friends with a lineman for the Bison at that time and he was recruited by UND, NDSU and NC as well as quite a few other schools.

IBleedYellow
October 31st, 2014, 12:01 PM
Hopefully this was Mussman and Co and has nothing to do with Bubba and current staff. From what I here, Bubba is a high road type of guy.

If UND wants to change their culture, it's going to take more than just the football staff. They'd probably have to cut two entire programs that they are heavily invested in.

Bubba will do good things for UND football, but he won't change the culture of their fans or the University.

clenz
October 31st, 2014, 12:33 PM
I know him. He is not a liar or makes things up so you can say whatever you want about his class but the dude is pure f'n class so just because you are hurt by something he said don't mean **** about what kind of guy he is. If he said it, it is something he has experienced.

We don't always like things said about our schools. It does not mean they are not true or rooted in truth.

Your story of him wanting a job with the Bison is pure hilarity dude! xlolx

Yup, that's why he made an off the cuff remark in a press conference...devious Mr. Glenn, very devious.What's amazing is Glenn's story (whom we have no reason not to believe anyway) has been corroborated by many, many, schools. Like I said, I know of at least 3 D2s (1 one was NAIA at the time), 2 NAIA, and 2 FCS schools that have said the same thing. Those stories came from people I know on the staffs and/or kids I know that were recruited by them.

That **** happened. UND fans might burry their heads about it, but it happened.

steelbison
October 31st, 2014, 12:51 PM

Clenz, just from my perspective. This was in the mid 90's. My brother and his friend. Both Class A all-staters were both recruited by SU and UND.

The first meeting in school the UND coach talked about why they were better than NDSU, basically just trashing SU and their coach's.

On their first home visit they did discuss UND but also had a huge amount of time dedicated to talking bad about SU.

Let's just say this was a HUGE turn-off for my parents and my brother.

On the flip side my brother said the SU coach's never mentioned another team or coach. All they talked about was what NDSU was all about both football and school.

So my question is was Glenn talking recently? if so that is piss poor..

NoDak 4 Ever
October 31st, 2014, 12:58 PM
Clenz, just from my perspective. This was in the mid 90's. My brother and his friend. Both Class A all-staters were both recruited by SU and UND.

The first meeting in school the UND coach talked about why they were better than NDSU, basically just trashing SU and their coach's.

On their first home visit they did discuss UND but also had a huge amount of time dedicated to talking bad about SU.

On the flip side my brother said the SU coach's never mentioned another team or coach. All they talked about was what NDSU was all about both football and school.

Telling that story is so bush league. :D

Walkon79
October 31st, 2014, 03:25 PM
Always enjoy listening to Joe!

Thumper 76
October 31st, 2014, 03:30 PM
Glenn doesn't seem to be the type of guys to just chuck something out there without substance.

clenz
October 31st, 2014, 03:42 PM

Wasn't much different than the guys I talked too about it (sans the NDSU connection - though they did ask all targets if NDSU was interested). The coaches/players I heard from was a time frame of 01/02ish through 06/07 ish

344Johnson
October 31st, 2014, 04:51 PM
Wasn't much different than the guys I talked too about it (sans the NDSU connection - though they did ask all targets if NDSU was interested). The coaches/players I heard from was a time frame of 01/02ish through 06/07 ish
Hmm back when they could actually play ball!!

kab
October 31st, 2014, 05:51 PM
Hmm back when they could actually play ball!!
As much b.s that has happened with the bison and their players
you can start with petitions, best buy,drunk football players in cop cars and you lecture UND
then go to the a.d. That just left who thinks he walks on water
i will take UND any day

AmsterBison
October 31st, 2014, 06:03 PM
i will take UND any day

You are welcome to it.

And I hope UND keeps up with their recruiting tactics because they're working well from my point of view.

FargoBison
October 31st, 2014, 06:03 PM
you can start with petitions, best buy,drunk football players in cop cars and you lecture UND
i will take UND any day

That UND hockey program though...neither side can really cast stones...

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 31st, 2014, 07:33 PM

Bull****!!

I heard it first hand at UND's elite camp this summer.

Theee Catrabbit
October 31st, 2014, 08:24 PM
Bull****!!

I heard it first hand at UND's elite camp this summer.

I wish I had the little smiley face eating popcorn.
(Also, there is no way Joe Glenn is going to coach again,his alma mater begged him to come coach, the guy is 70 with nothing to prove, I highly doubt he is pining to coach for NDSU. Furthermore how can you trash talk NDSU? That is ludicrous or perhaps....Dewhiouxsional)

FargoBison
October 31st, 2014, 08:39 PM
I am loving this thread btw.

UND fans have been dumping on Joe all week. Now this thread pops up and the discussion does nothing but back him up.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 31st, 2014, 08:42 PM
I wish I had the little smiley face eating popcorn.
(Also, there is no way Joe Glenn is going to coach again,his alma mater begged him to come coach, the guy is 70 with nothing to prove, I highly doubt he is pining to coach for NDSU. Furthermore how can you trash talk NDSU? That is ludicrous or perhaps....Dewhiouxsional)

What I heard was coming from 2 assistant coaches at UND. Myself and other parents were taken back at the comments made by the coaches. So when I heard what Coach Glenn said in his interview, I knew it was a pattern up there. He, Coach Glenn, was not saying BS because I heard the same crap out of their assistants this summer.

Now their head coach (Bubba Schweigert) was all class. Very nice guy and I enjoyed talking with him.

dewey
October 31st, 2014, 09:27 PM
i will take UND any day

So you are saying that no UN_ athlete has ever gotten in trouble? Everyone knows that college kids make mistakes and sometimes get into trouble. I would be that it happens every where.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Bisonoline
October 31st, 2014, 09:53 PM
i will take UND any day

The conversation is about recruiting tactics. Not able to keep up?

darell1976
October 31st, 2014, 10:21 PM
I am loving this thread btw.

UND fans have been dumping on Joe all week. Now this thread pops up and the discussion does nothing but back him up.

When the posters are Bison fans of course they will back him up. This was brought up on siouxsports and just the opposite where people had known of Bison coaches ripping on UND in front of recruits. So it goes both ways, don't tell me your **** don't stink, because it does.

marenlee
October 31st, 2014, 10:25 PM
When the posters are Bison fans of course they will back him up. This was brought up on siouxsports and just the opposite where people had known of Bison coaches ripping on UND in front of recruits. So it goes both ways, don't tell me your **** don't stink, because it does.

Hold the phone! Ursus and Clenz are Bison fans??? xdrunkyx

FargoBison
October 31st, 2014, 10:26 PM

Didn't know penguinpower, Clenz, Ursus, Walkon79, Thumper 76 and Theecatrabbit suddenly have all become Bison fans. I would welcome them to the club but I don't think they'll be joining.

Only people ripping on Joe and calling him wrong are UND fans. I will admit when NDSU is wrong, a quality most UND fans struggle with. Which is why we see one siouxage fan breaking out the best buy, petition, etc stuff and you in siouxagevolley fashion spouting off idiotic theories. It is also why there is a thread on SS.com ripping Joe to shreds. Nobody can accept the reality or even want to even think about Joe being right that supports the kelly green and pink.

darell1976
October 31st, 2014, 10:29 PM
Didn't know penguinpower, Clenz, Ursus, Walkon79, Thumper 76 and Theecatrabbit suddenly have all become Bison fans. I would welcome them to the club but I don't think they'll be joining.

Only people ripping on Joe and calling him wrong are UND fans. I will admit when NDSU is wrong, a quality most UND fans struggle with. Which is why we see one siouxage fan breaking out the best buy, petition, etc stuff and you in siouxagevolley fashion spouting off idiotic theories.

And the majority that are ripping UND are Bison fans....surprise, surprise (Gomer Pyle voice).

FargoBison
October 31st, 2014, 10:34 PM
And the majority that are ripping UND are Bison fans....surprise, surprise (Gomer Pyle voice).

Ripping on UND or talking about what a three time national champion coach said about UND...Sorry that you may not like the content of this thread. You are free to go back to the reality free zone that is SS.com anytime you wish....

centennial
October 31st, 2014, 10:43 PM
Shouldn't you start making preparations for your first playoff game? If you think your coaches never trash NDSU then you need to reconsider being a UND fan.

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2014, 11:11 PM
The only "ripping on" being done here is you and UNDColorado ripping on Joe Glenn (kab's semi-coherent babbling aside). The comments here from Bison fans and others have been to defend or validate the guy some of you are trying to drag through the mud just because he said something you didn't like.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 31st, 2014, 11:38 PM
The only "ripping on" being done here is you and UNDColorado ripping on Joe Glenn (kab's semi-coherent babbling aside). The comments here from Bison fans and others have been to defend or validate the guy some of you are trying to drag through the mud just because he said something you didn't like.

Nailed it.

darell1976
November 1st, 2014, 12:03 AM
Whatever. I'm done.

thebootfitter
November 1st, 2014, 01:17 AM
Whatever. I'm done.
Being a UND fan? Good on ya, mate!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 1st, 2014, 05:29 AM

Hit nail on the head!!

Check rep!

Thundar
November 1st, 2014, 07:33 AM
Whatever. I'm done.

We can only hope

I wish I still had my recruiting letters from the late 90's, I know for a fact one had comments about another school and the other talked tradition

Both coaches names started with an R but you figure out which didn't smack another school, needless to sat I ended up not playing any football due to other circumstances but that initial impression from the coaching staff at that time made me not even think about attending a certain school.

First impressions are key...

centennial
November 1st, 2014, 12:22 PM
Whatever. I'm done.
Not coming back?

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 12:31 PM

Only people ripping on Joe and calling him wrong are UND fans. I will admit when NDSU is wrong, a quality most UND fans struggle with. Which is why we see one siouxage fan breaking out the best buy, petition, etc stuff and you in siouxagevolley fashion spouting off idiotic theories. It is also why there is a thread on SS.com ripping Joe to shreds. Nobody can accept the reality or even want to even think about Joe being right that supports the kelly green and pink.
I did go to a ndsu game over UNI's homecoming game this year....

But yeah, not an ndsu fan

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2014, 01:28 PM

I had to search for that thread over there. SS.com should stand for ****show the way things are going over there. What a bunch of dumbasses.