PDA

View Full Version : FCS records under attack?

chattownmocs
October 30th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Davis Tull, and his 35 career sacks, is challenging the FCS record of 42. If chattanooga makes the playoffs it is going to be close.

Any other FCS records in danger right now?

OL FU
October 30th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Do stats in the playoffs count? Seems like that was one of the complaints of Georgia Southern fans with Adrian Peterson stats.

Either way, Good luck to Mr Tullxthumbsupx

FUBeAR
October 30th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Davis Tull, and his 35 career sacks, is challenging the FCS record of 42. If chattanooga makes the playoffs it is going to be close.

Heckuva a player and seems like a fine young man. A great representative for Chattanooga Football and UTC. Guessing you guys don't hang out together very often.

I hope he gets the record!

marenlee
October 30th, 2014, 08:40 AM
NDSU is inching closer to the FCS unbeaten streak at 17 games. (thanks Egriz) xthumbsupx

AmsterBison
October 30th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Do stats in the playoffs count? Seems like that was one of the complaints of Georgia Southern fans with Adrian Peterson stats.

The NCAA has been counting stats from the playoffs/bowls since about 2003. When the NCAA gets around to retroactively adjusting Adrian Peterson's career rushing yardage to include the postseason, his career yardage will jump from 6500 or so to over 9000!

Right now, the NCAA says that all-time leader in career rushing yardage record belongs to a Mt. Union player who played after 2003 which means that he is getting credit for as many as 12 postseason games.

I don't know of any NCAA records being endangered in the MVFC this year unless its some career postseason records. Nobody near 42 career sacks, that's for sure.

Edit: The FCS record for consecutive wins and consecutive road wins have both been broken several times this year.

BEAR
October 30th, 2014, 09:25 AM
UCA DE Jonathan Woodard is at 23.5 sacks for a career. Had coach not switched to the 3-4 defense through most of the season, he might have added a couple more to that. He's only a junior and on his way to 35+. Might not reach the 42, but he will be close now coach switched back to the 4-3. Gotta get more games in there for him! xlolx

OL FU
October 30th, 2014, 09:36 AM
The NCAA has been counting stats from the playoffs/bowls since about 2003. When the NCAA gets around to retroactively adjusting Adrian Peterson's career rushing yardage to include the postseason, his career yardage will jump from 6500 or so to over 9000!

Right now, the NCAA says that all-time leader in career rushing yardage record belongs to a Mt. Union player who played after 2003 which means that he is getting credit for as many as 12 postseason games.

I don't know of any NCAA records being endangered in the MVFC this year unless its some career postseason records. Nobody near 42 career sacks, that's for sure.

Edit: The FCS record for consecutive wins and consecutive road wins have both been broken several times this year.

xthumbsupx

FordhamFan
October 30th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Fordham's freshman RB Chase Edmonds has 1208 yards through 8 games, I believe the record for most rushing yards as a freshman is 1900ish by Adrian Peterson. I can't seem to find the exact number AP had..but if Chase keeps it up, it will be close, but still a long ways to go.

tomq04
October 30th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Ronnie Hamlin should break the big sky career tackles record and will be #2 in fcs and have a shot of that by the end of the year. That being said, the guy with the record has 48 games played and Hamlin will be in the low 50's

Go Green
October 30th, 2014, 11:26 AM
The NCAA has been counting stats from the playoffs/bowls since about 2003..

That really screws the Ivy.

Of course, limiting ourselves to 10 games doesn't help either.

:(

AmsterBison
October 30th, 2014, 11:33 AM
That really screws the Ivy.

Of course, limiting ourselves to 10 games doesn't help either.

:(

Ha! The NCAA isn't screwing the Ivy; the Ivy is screwing itself.

PaladinFan
October 30th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Heckuva a player and seems like a fine young man. A great representative for Chattanooga Football and UTC. Guessing you guys don't hang out together very often.

I hope he gets the record!

Not going to be easy. He has 8.5 sacks through 8 games this year. Needs 7 to tie the record with four left in the regular season. One of those four games is against Wofford, who does not often through the ball and rarely gives ups sacks.

Hope he gets it, too. Good player.

Furman may set a record for starting players injured in a season. Our depth chart this week lists "TBA" for both safety positions.

FUBeAR
October 30th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Furman may set a record for starting players injured in a season. Our depth chart this week lists "TBA" for both safety positions.

Stop 'poor-mouthing' - TBA is his rap-name. He's a 5 star, non-qualifier, who transferred to FU from San Rodeo College of the Canyons & Foothills Community College and just became eligible this week. He's 6'3" 235, runs a legit 4.13 and has a 53" vertical. I've seen his video and he truly is good enough to man both Safety positions at the same time. Keydets are in big trouble!

clenz
October 30th, 2014, 04:50 PM
UNI might set the NCAA all time worst win % in 1 score games...

chattanoogamocs
October 30th, 2014, 06:28 PM
UNI might set the NCAA all time worst win % in 1 score games...

I don't know...I think Chattanooga might have that one locked up.

clenz
October 30th, 2014, 06:40 PM
UNI is something like 6-18 the past couple years and 0-4 this year
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ElCid
October 30th, 2014, 07:01 PM

I just had to go check simply because I almost felt sorry for them. And sure enough Chatty does win this battle of the slim losses (1-3 points). But UNI is right there.

Since 2011 to present:

Chatty
1 point games - 0-3
2 point games - 0-2
3 point games - 0-4

UNI
1 point games - 0-3
2 point games - 1-0
3 point games - 2-4

And 27-28 does hold special meaning for the Mocs.

kdinva
October 30th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Do stats in the playoffs count?

I also say "yes"........in 1996-'97, because of playoff games, Marshall's Chris Parker surpassed VMI's Thomas Haskins for the career SoCon rushing record (until GSU's Peterson came along). Parker finished with more total yards than Haskins, but Haskins had a better yards/game stat.

chattanoogamocs
October 30th, 2014, 07:32 PM
I just had to go check simply because I almost felt sorry for them. And sure enough Chatty does win this battle of the slim losses (1-3 points). But UNI is right there.

Since 2011 to present:

Chatty
1 point games - 0-3
2 point games - 0-2
3 point games - 0-4

UNI
1 point games - 0-3
2 point games - 1-0
3 point games - 2-4

And 27-28 does hold special meaning for the Mocs.

And it only gets worse for the Mocs if you run it out to 7 points.

But, Russ Huesman finally figured it out...just don't play any close games.

27-28 is a curse word on Mocfans...somewhere between G.D. and F.U.

chattanoogamocs
October 30th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Not going to be easy. He has 8.5 sacks through 8 games this year. Needs 7 to tie the record with four left in the regular season. One of those four games is against Wofford, who does not often through the ball and rarely gives ups sacks.

National record may be too far out for Tull...but he should get the all-time SoCon record...he is only 1.5 short of that one (36.5 Josh Jeffries, ASU 1999-02)

Lehigh'98
October 30th, 2014, 08:03 PM
There has to be a way that NDSU can break this record as well.

OL FU
October 31st, 2014, 06:26 AM
There has to be a way that NDSU can break this record as well.

xlolx

PaladinFan
October 31st, 2014, 10:14 AM
National record may be too far out for Tull...but he should get the all-time SoCon record...he is only 1.5 short of that one (36.5 Josh Jeffries, ASU 1999-02)

May Josh Jeffries' name be forever cursed.

citdog
October 31st, 2014, 01:01 PM
VMI's Thomas Haskins .

Stop Cussin'

DAMN he was GOOD

AshevilleApp2
October 31st, 2014, 02:27 PM
May Josh Jeffries' name be forever cursed.

xlolx

Sorry man, I can't resist this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAycXbA2ZhE

BisonFan02
October 31st, 2014, 10:19 PM
Consecutive FCS titles...... :D

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2014, 05:13 PM
Kyle Emanuel has 33 sacks and a probable 7 games to go. He might get a shot at the record himself.

LehighU11
November 1st, 2014, 05:25 PM
I present to you, Holy Cross, the UNI of the Patriot League. 3-15 in one score games over the past 3 seasons, and 1-4 in games decided by 3 points or less this year.

Milktruck74
November 1st, 2014, 05:44 PM
I haven't heard Thomas Haskins name in a long while....I actually Roomed with him at Fork Union...funny thing was he looked alot like Gary Coleman, but ran like a MACHINE!!! But on to Tull...Davis marked up another today, 36!!! one more and he locks up the all time SoCon!!! 6 more for the All time title...it's do-able, but Wofford has to try and throw the ball. Does a TFL on a QB even on a designed run play (ala triple option) count as a sack?

Reign of Terrier
November 1st, 2014, 06:49 PM

The former is true, the latter is not

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:07 PM
I present to you, Holy Cross, the UNI of the Patriot League. 3-15 in one score games over the past 3 seasons, and 1-4 in games decided by 3 points or less this year.
At some point I'll pull the actual results for uni