PDA

View Full Version : NOT IN MY BRACKET!!!

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 8th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Question: If your team is one of the 16 seeds.....What team do you NOT want to play until NC game........(Disregard home field advantage)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Question: If your team is one of the 16 seeds.....What team do you NOT want to play until NC game........(Disregard home field advantage)

There's only 4 seeds.... :rotateh:

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 8th, 2006, 10:46 PM
There's only 4 seeds.... :rotateh:
Sorry....16 TEAMS

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 8th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Playoff seeds... don't get all technical on 'em!

GreenDay17
November 8th, 2006, 10:52 PM
No disrespect to anyone, but due to weather and probably having to play on the road.........Youngstown State.

slostang
November 8th, 2006, 11:05 PM
App. State.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Basically any team Lehigh plays if they make it. Umass, YSU, JMU or App State are almost a lock to be the first round opponent for Hawks or whoever the PL rep is.

umassfan
November 8th, 2006, 11:41 PM
I wana meet JMU in the Champ game. So I dont want them on our half.

grizband
November 8th, 2006, 11:51 PM
San Diego:
If you beat them, you were supposed to. If you lose...:eek: ...I don't even want to think about that.:rotateh:

DuckDuckGriz
November 8th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Cal Poly or JMU

BDKJMU
November 8th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Umassfan: How many fans do you think you guys bring to Chattanooga if UMass made it all the way? The reason I ask is that I remember in the late 90s when UMass won the national title. I swear I remember on TV what looked like only a few hundred UMass fans in a sea of 20k or so GA Southern fans. Granted ALOT farther drive (Mapquest says from Amherst 990+ mi/over 16 hrs, so drive time could probably make it in 14-15) but in 04' Montana bought 7-8 k fans, about the same as JMU, yet Missoula is over 2100 mi. I think I remember hearing about 20 some chartered planes. UMass beat GSU, but it looked like a pathetic show of support for the NC game. But I imagine Umass would bring more now than then.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 8th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Would be sweet to have an all A-10 NC in the final year of A-10 football! :rotateh:

As to the question posed: I'd have to say Illinois State.

I don't think they would be the hardest to beat, but they are as tough as nails, and I wonder if our team would be as pumped to play them as some of the other top teams.

I can't wait to see how the brackets end up. So many unknowns with two weeks left in the season. (one for some of you lucky dogs - or penguins :D )

umassfan
November 9th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Umassfan: How many fans do you think you guys bring to Chattanooga if UMass made it all the way? The reason I ask is that I remember in the late 90s when UMass won the national title. I swear I remember what looked like only a few hundred UMass fans in a sea of 20k or so GA Southern fans. Granted ALOT farther drive (Mapquest says from Amherst 990+ mi/over 16 hrs, so drive time could probably make it in 14-15) but in 04' Montana bought 7-8 k fans, about the same as JMU, yet Missoula is over 2100 mi. I think I remember hearing about 20 some chartered planes. UMass beat GSU, but it looked like a pathetic show of support for the NC game. But I imagine Umass would bring more now than then.
Things would be different this year because in 98 we were big underdogs who never expected to be there. Many expected a blow out and didnt bother traveling. We sent a good 2000 to UNH for last weeks reg season game. They hype on this team is only growing bigger as the weeks progress.

ASU_Chad
November 9th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Um, Montana, I not so fondly remember being knocked out of the playoffs by them one year...

grizband
November 9th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Um, Montana, I not so fondly remember being knocked out of the playoffs by them one year...
Best ending of a playoff game I have ever witnessed...Farris, overtime TD catch in the corner of the endzone. I cant still hear it now: "...and the Grizzlies are going to Chattanooga!"

redbirdtim
November 9th, 2006, 12:54 AM
This is a very tough question. I would want to say YSU because of Mason, but I think out of all the teams, we would be more prepared to play them. There would be no element of surprise there. It would come down to us winning the battle of the trenches this time. My vote would be for a team like JMU or App St.

bkrownd
November 9th, 2006, 01:03 AM
UMass beat GSU, but it looked like a pathetic show of support for the NC game.

They don't give points for attendance. You couldn't fill a bar with the number of people in Amherst who were die-hard enough football fans to travel that far on a moment's notice, and nobody outside of Amherst knew UM had football. (Probably not too different now, and I wonder how many people in Amherst have ever even been within 200 miles of chattanooga?) The people who do care enjoy football day just as much as anyone else, New England style with a morning walk through the leaves and an afternoon watching the game in our cozy little concrete crater, and that's what matters. Small town, small school, small crater...that's the way Amherst is.

Appstate29
November 9th, 2006, 03:57 AM
JMU, I don't like facing teams twice in a year.

th0m
November 9th, 2006, 04:04 AM
JMU, I don't like facing teams twice in a year.

If you WIN the first meeting, then yes....

If you LOSE, however...then it usually works out in your favor ;)

2005:

ASU 31 Furman 34
playoffs: ASU 29 Furman 23

2004:

JMU 24 W&M 27
playoffs: JMU 48 W&M 34

Sam Adams
November 9th, 2006, 04:16 AM
i don't want to go to colgate for a playoff game... No Ice Bowl II :eek:

Tribe4SF
November 9th, 2006, 05:05 AM
If you WIN the first meeting, then yes....

If you LOSE, however...then it usually works out in your favor ;)

2005:

ASU 31 Furman 34
playoffs: ASU 29 Furman 23

2004:

JMU 24 W&M 27
playoffs: JMU 48 W&M 34

Does seem to work that way. Also in '04...

Delaware 31 W&M 28
playoffs: W&M 44 Delaware 38

Same thing in reverse in 1986 between the Hens and Tribe.

th0m
November 9th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Ha, forgot about that one. You're right. Crazy stuff.

JohnStOnge
November 9th, 2006, 05:55 AM
I think Montana has the strongest home field advantage in I-AA football.

Umass74
November 9th, 2006, 06:57 AM
If they win out, New Hampshire is going to be the first round opponent from Hell for someone.

The magic has been on an off for the Wildcats this year. Get 'em on a day when they're clicking and they can beat anyone in I-AA.

bandl
November 9th, 2006, 07:13 AM
I think Montana has the strongest home field advantage in I-AA football.

Good thing that NC isn't played in Montana then, huh? :rotateh:

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 9th, 2006, 07:38 AM
]Best ending of a playoff game I have ever witnessed...[/B]Farris, overtime TD catch in the corner of the endzone. I cant still hear it now: "...and the Grizzlies are going to Chattanooga!"

I'd say the drive Rascati put together at Furman to score with 20 or so seconds left on a 4th and goal from the 3 to win the game 14-13 was the best I've seen... Rivaled John Elway's drive in my opinion

bcrawf
November 9th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Montana, No desire to be pelted with batteries and video tapes again!

KiddBrewer
November 9th, 2006, 08:32 AM
UMass, Illinois State or Montana.

BillLuc1982
November 9th, 2006, 08:36 AM
YSU rarely had trouble with Montana.

I would have to go with JMU. After watching them last Saturday, YSU better bring their A+ game!

rcny46
November 9th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Youngstown State.They are a true "blue collar/lunch pail" team and their physical style,coupled with the talent they have would give UNH fits IMO.

DB_Atlantic10
November 9th, 2006, 10:15 AM
If they win out, New Hampshire is going to be the first round opponent from Hell for someone.

The magic has been on an off for the Wildcats this year. Get 'em on a day when they're clicking and they can beat anyone in I-AA.

The good things will be it won't be another conference foe....:smiley_wi Maybe they get sent to Boone.... LOL

VictorG
November 9th, 2006, 10:16 AM
With the exception of San Diego who I've never seen play before, I would rather not see any team from west of the Mississippi!

I want some NEW blood!!!:nod:

Of course this will never happen.:(

bandl
November 9th, 2006, 10:18 AM

I assume that magical day for the defense to click has yet to arrive....:read:

Umass74
November 9th, 2006, 11:57 AM
I assume that magical day for the defense to click has yet to arrive....

Ahem, I was not talking about their defense.:p

Go Apps
November 9th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Lots!
Young St
Mass
and as an App Fan - always Furman
and it certainly might be difficult to face JMU again

th0m
November 9th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Guys I can't wait for the playoffs to begin!

FlyYtown
November 9th, 2006, 02:02 PM
I am hoping Youngstown State. vs. Montana in the National Championship... So I am saying I do not want to face Montana.........

BillLuc1982
November 9th, 2006, 02:22 PM
I am hoping Youngstown State. vs. Montana in the National Championship... So I am saying I do not want to face Montana.........

I'd rather face Montana than JMU or UNH!

napkinn
November 9th, 2006, 02:33 PM
They don't give points for attendance. You couldn't fill a bar with the number of people in Amherst who were die-hard enough football fans to travel that far on a moment's notice, and nobody outside of Amherst knew UM had football. (Probably not too different now, and I wonder how many people in Amherst have ever even been within 200 miles of chattanooga?) The people who do care enjoy football day just as much as anyone else, New England style with a morning walk through the leaves and an afternoon watching the game in our cozy little concrete crater, and that's what matters. Small town, small school, small crater...that's the way Amherst is.

Um...UMass has 30K students/teachers/faculty. It's not small, it's a mid-sized state university.

And let's not forget the friggin' band marching through southwest every Saturday, waking everyone up before they wanted to be.

crunifan
November 9th, 2006, 04:23 PM
If we make the playoffs I wouldn't be too concerned with UNH.

UMass on the otherhand!

UMass922
November 9th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Umassfan: How many fans do you think you guys bring to Chattanooga if UMass made it all the way? The reason I ask is that I remember in the late 90s when UMass won the national title. I swear I remember on TV what looked like only a few hundred UMass fans in a sea of 20k or so GA Southern fans. Granted ALOT farther drive (Mapquest says from Amherst 990+ mi/over 16 hrs, so drive time could probably make it in 14-15) but in 04' Montana bought 7-8 k fans, about the same as JMU, yet Missoula is over 2100 mi. I think I remember hearing about 20 some chartered planes. UMass beat GSU, but it looked like a pathetic show of support for the NC game. But I imagine Umass would bring more now than then.

A few hundred is probably about right. I was at that game as a member of the marching band (numbering about 300), and we alone were probably close to half the UMass contingent (though I could be underestimating). And we almost didn't go--it was a last-minute decision by the university chancellor to send the band.

Now that I live just a few hours from Chattanooga, I would absolutely have to go should UMass make it again. Would have to scrape up some funds, though.

rcny46
November 9th, 2006, 04:43 PM
I assume that magical day for the defense to click has yet to arrive....:read:

Actually,the defense looked pretty good against UMass.I'm not sure,but I think they held them to under 300 yds.total Offense,and limited Baylark to 80 something yards rushing(36 came on a TD run).Hopefully that's a sign of a permanent improvement.

Pauly LB
November 9th, 2006, 04:55 PM
If they get in you don't want to play USD -- you don't even want to think about losing to them !!!

If Cal Poly does get in another trip to Missoula would be most interesing... There is a bit of history in that scenario...

PantherRob82
November 9th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I'd like to avoid UNH and App St. Would be nice to play someone different from last year.

Peems
November 9th, 2006, 06:19 PM
i concur with pantherRob, i do not want to play a team that we played last year in the playoffs. meaning i dont want to play cal poly.

th0m
November 9th, 2006, 06:24 PM
I'd like to play UNI. Not because I think we could beat them, but because the two teams have never met.

DB_Atlantic10
November 9th, 2006, 08:31 PM
I would have to say YSU.....

Longhorn
November 9th, 2006, 08:38 PM
A few hundred is probably about right. I was at that game as a member of the marching band (numbering about 300), and we alone were probably close to half the UMass contingent (though I could be underestimating). And we almost didn't go--it was a last-minute decision by the university chancellor to send the band.

UMass vs. JMU in Nooga would be first rate IMO...especially with two great bands there to compliment two great teams! :hurray:

UMass922
November 9th, 2006, 08:53 PM
UMass vs. JMU in Nooga would be first rate IMO...especially with two great bands there to compliment two great teams! :hurray:

In '97 our band made the road trip to JMU. I remember it well; it started pouring right before halftime that day. I don't think the two bands have ever been at a game together since, though. Chattanooga this year would indeed be a great time and place for it to happen again.

BDKJMU
November 9th, 2006, 09:27 PM

Problem with that is that Finley Stadium capacity is listed at 20,688. With a JMU UMass game it would probably be only around half full, maybe a little more. I remember in 04' both JMU and Montana had about 8 k fans. Attendance was listed at 16,771. Maybe JMU this year would bring 9-10 k fans. I'd be surprised if UMass bought more than a couple k. Now with App State would probably get a sellout. Last year's game, "Attendance was 20,236, about 430 fans short of a sellout."

http://www.gomocs.com/section_front.asp?arttypeid=386

I imagine the bulk of those fans were ASU, and JMU would bring more fans that UNI. Its about a 7 hr drive from Harrisonburg, about 8 from Richmond, and 10 or so from alumni bases in tidewater and Northern VA. I'd rather go to an NC game in a packed stadium than half full. Due to attendance, if JMU made the NC game I would much rather it be against ASU.

Longhorn
November 9th, 2006, 09:30 PM
In '97 our band made the road trip to JMU. I remember it well; it started pouring right before halftime that day. I don't think the two bands have ever been at a game together since, though. Chattanooga this year would indeed be a great time and place for it to happen again.

I remember that game...the bands really made it a special night...don't even remember who won or lost...I think Umass did (won that is)...but the energy and game atmosphere were super.

BDKJMU
November 9th, 2006, 09:39 PM
I remember that game...the bands really made it a special night...don't even remember who won or lost...I think Umass did (won that is)...but the energy and game atmosphere were super.

I was there- UMass @ JMU, 1997. JMU won I believe 13-7. Both teams had losing records. JMU finished 5-6, and didn't UMass have a losing record the year before they won the NC? Was cold, rainy, the attendance sucked. "Energy and game atmosphere were super?"xidiotx

UMass922
November 9th, 2006, 09:39 PM

JMU won a close game, IIRC. We had only two wins that year, and I'm fairly certain they came against Buffalo and URI. I don't think JMU was very good that year, either. Nonetheless, that was a very memorable day.

skinny_uncle
November 9th, 2006, 09:56 PM
I would hate playing UNI in that Dome! Our history there stinks.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 9th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Problem with that is that Finley Stadium capacity is listed at 20,688. With a JMU UMass game it would probably be only around half full, maybe a little more. I remember in 04' both JMU and Montana had about 8 k fans. Attendance was listed at 16,771. Maybe JMU this year would bring 9-10 k fans. I'd be surprised if UMass bought more than a couple k. Now with App State would probably get a sellout. Last year's game, "Attendance was 20,236, about 430 fans short of a sellout."

http://www.gomocs.com/section_front.asp?arttypeid=386

I imagine the bulk of those fans were ASU, and JMU would bring more fans that UNI. Its about a 7 hr drive from Harrisonburg, about 8 from Richmond, and 10 or so from alumni bases in tidewater and Northern VA. I'd rather go to an NC game in a packed stadium than half full. Due to attendance, if JMU made the NC game I would much rather it be against ASU.

As long as they have that big long warehouse looking thingy packed for a pre-game pep rally I'd be happy! That was the greatest experiance of my life marching about 200 yards through a building swarming with football fans ready for some action, and giving high-fives to every JMU fan I saw. What an awesome sight!

Chi Panther
November 9th, 2006, 11:22 PM
UNI has alot of work to do.....

But IF we do make the playoffs.....playing YSU in the 2nd round (at either stadium) would be incredible......the HYPE in Cedar Falls and Youngstown would reach ridiculous levels......

:nod: xlolx :rotateh: :nod: xlolx :rotateh: :nod: xlolx :rotateh:

ASU Kep
November 10th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Montana, UMASS, and C-P scare me the most. IMO, your not going to beat App with offense...and these teams can play some mean D.

ASU Kep
November 10th, 2006, 12:11 AM
ASU Kep's 2006 playoff wish list (not based necessarily on who we'd defeat the easiest, but rather just match0ups I'd love to see):

1) CCU first round
2) Furman second round (we still have work to do on our overall series W/L :D).
3) Montana in Chatty (payback's a ...).

th0m
November 10th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Aren't you skipping a round there, Kep? ;)

windwalker
November 10th, 2006, 07:06 AM
I would hate to see USD in our bracket.... hmmmmm come to think of it, I don't want to see them in the other bracket either !!!!:smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi

MountaineerDrive
November 10th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Aren't you skipping a round there, Kep? ;)

Yeah he is, and his dream playoffs are almost the same as mine.

First Round-CCU-dangerous because ASU might be overconfident after the drubbing they gave them last year in Boone.
Quarters-Furman, I bet we wouldn't blow them out twice...
Semis James Madison back in Boone. Both teams are much better than the last time they played.
Finals-Montana-Perhaps the two most passionate programs in the nation meet at a neutral site.

SirApp
November 10th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Three letters.....J M U

I personally don't want to see them again, they're playing very well right now. And that whole history of teams meeting twice in the year thing bugs me. :cool:

Would like to see Montana in the finals, that would be an amazing atmosphere.

james_lawfirm
November 10th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Three letters.....J M U

I personally don't want to see them again, they're playing very well right now. And that whole history of teams meeting twice in the year thing bugs me. :cool:

Would like to see Montana in the finals, that would be an amazing atmosphere.

I agree that JMU is the team for ASU to avoid in the playoffs. The second time around seems to work in favor of the loser of the first game.

But, SirApp & ASUKep, you all seem to want to see Montana in the finals. That's OK, but wouldn't it be better to see them in the third round in BOONE? After all, payback is a B...! The last time we saw them, it was at Montana in the third round. OUR TURN!!! :thumbsup:

SirApp
November 10th, 2006, 09:12 AM
But, SirApp & ASUKep, you all seem to want to see Montana in the finals. That's OK, but wouldn't it be better to see them in the third round in BOONE? After all, payback is a B...! The last time we saw them, it was at Montana in the third round. OUR TURN!!! :thumbsup:

That would be awesome as well. KBS would be absolutely packed because the Grizz travel well. And yea, I want to revenge that loss as well, but would rather do it in the title game. It hurts more.:D

But seriously, I think at a neutral site, Montana vs. Appalachian would be extraordinary, pre-game, during the game, and post-game. Also, I'm looking at all the possible scenarios and I just don't see us and them in the same half of the bracket.

MountaineerDrive
November 10th, 2006, 09:12 AM
I agree that JMU is the team for ASU to avoid in the playoffs. The second time around seems to work in favor of the loser of the first game.

Just to clarify, my picks were for who I'd like to see us play AND beat in the playoffs. If we were to lose any game of course my picks would be void, ha. And trust me, I don't assume we would beat any of those teams. JMU is playing as well us as us right now, and Montana is Montana. But, if we had to win four games in a row to win a 2nd championship, I'd like to see those teams laying in our wake.:hurray: Mainly, because I respect them all (yes, even CCU):smiley_wi and they would all make for great atmospheres at Kidd Brewer and Chatty Choo Choo.

BillLuc1982
November 10th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Definitely don't want to face the USD TOREROS!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just kidding!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

MountaineerDrive
November 10th, 2006, 09:16 AM
And since I've been completely off subject...I'm not scared of any team in I-AA coming to KBS. We are #1 in the nation and have IMHO the best homefield advantage in I-AA. No win is automatic, but if and when someone comes to The Rock and wins, ending our streak and making me depressed for weeks, they will definitely deserve it.

MountaineerDrive
November 10th, 2006, 09:17 AM
...Unless it's Furman:p :p

yosef1969
November 10th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Don't want to see JMU again this year but if we do cross paths again I'd rather it be in KBS.

I would love the opportunity to host the Griz in Boone. Went out to the 2000 semifinal game and have been envious of their facility and fan support ever since. Great albeit, heartbreaking game and the fans were very hospitable. Best game/tailgate atmosphere I have ever been privy to for a I-AA game, that's including the NC last year.

The atmosphere has improved dramatically at KBS and in my experience to date, we have the 2nd best atmosphere and home field advantage in I-AA (no offense intended to UD, YSU, UNI etc just haven't been there yet!). :twocents:

In 2000 ASU was a 13 seed, that's how we ended up in Missoula. I just don't see Montana winding up in our half of the bracket this year so I guess it would have to be in Chattanooga, that has the potential to be a classic!

All that said I'm happy with ASU playing anyone in Chattanooga!

BeauFoster
November 10th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Don't want to see JMU again this year but if we do cross paths again I'd rather it be in KBS.

I would love the opportunity to host the Griz in Boone. Went out to the 2000 semifinal game and have been envious of their facility and fan support ever since. Great albeit, heartbreaking game and the fans were very hospitable. Best game/tailgate atmosphere I have ever been privy to for a I-AA game, that's including the NC last year.

The atmosphere has improved dramatically at KBS and in my experience to date, we have the 2nd best atmosphere and home field advantage in I-AA (no offense intended to UD, YSU, UNI etc just haven't been there yet!). :twocents:

In 2000 ASU was a 13 seed, that's how we ended up in Missoula. I just don't see Montana winding up in our half of the bracket this year so I guess it would have to be in Chattanooga, that has the potential to be a classic!

All that said I'm happy with ASU playing anyone in Chattanooga!

I didn't even read what you said, I just wanted to complement your wonderful choice in avatars! xsmileyclapx

bkrownd
November 10th, 2006, 10:20 AM
I was there- UMass @ JMU, 1997. JMU won I believe 13-7. Both teams had losing records. JMU finished 5-6, and didn't UMass have a losing record the year before they won the NC?

1995-1997 were bad years for UM. I can't remember which year was worst.

bkrownd
November 10th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Um...UMass has 30K students/teachers/faculty. It's not small, it's a mid-sized state university.

30,000 is on the small side for a state university. We had 50,000 students on the main campus alone where I was an undergrad. The difference in the number of football fans was far greater than that, even though my undergrad had one of the worst programs in I-A. Might have something to do with one being in a city of 2.5 million and the other in a small town of 35,000.

My first impression of UM football was, damn these guys are slow. :) (I think it was against JMU, or maybe URI)

Maroon&White
November 10th, 2006, 10:50 AM
1995-1997 were bad years for UM. I can't remember which year was worst.

1995: 6-5
1996: 6-5
1997: 2-9

BDKJMU
November 10th, 2006, 11:53 AM
30,000 is on the small side for a state university. We had 50,000 students on the main campus alone where I was an undergrad. The difference in the number of football fans was far greater than that, even though my undergrad had one of the worst programs in I-A. Might have something to do with one being in a city of 2.5 million and the other in a small town of 35,000.

My first impression of UM football was, damn these guys are slow. :) (I think it was against JMU, or maybe URI)

He said 30k students and staff, so I'm assuming closer to 25k+ students. 30k students is on the big side for a state univ. NCAA has over 1,000 colleges and universities.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/!ut/p/kcxml/04_Sj9SPykssy0xPLMnMz0vM0Y_QjzKLN4j3CQHJgFjGpvqRqC KOcAFvfV-P_NxU_QD9gtzQiHJHRUUAbGvNAw!!/delta/base64xml/L3dJdyEvUUd3QndNQSEvNElVRS82XzBfTFU!?CONTENT_URL=h ttp://www2.ncaa.org/portal/about_ncaa/membership/

(look under membership)

Throw in 282 for NAIA, and you have over 1300
http://naia.cstv.com/member-services/about/members.htm

Majority is public, probably 800-1000. Private are mostly smaller only a few k. Over 300 DI. 30k my guess would put in the top 5% of public, the top 50 of 1300 in terms of size. Even if 30k students was only top 100 in terms of size, that would still be in the top 7-8% overall.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2006, 11:59 AM
He said 30k students and staff, so I'm assuming closer to 25k+ students. 30k students is on the big side for a state univ. NCAA has over 1,000 colleges and universities.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/!ut/p/kcxml/04_Sj9SPykssy0xPLMnMz0vM0Y_QjzKLN4j3CQHJgFjGpvqRqC KOcAFvfV-P_NxU_QD9gtzQiHJHRUUAbGvNAw!!/delta/base64xml/L3dJdyEvUUd3QndNQSEvNElVRS82XzBfTFU!?CONTENT_URL=h ttp://www2.ncaa.org/portal/about_ncaa/membership/

(look under membership)

Throw in 282 for NAIA, and you have over 1300
http://naia.cstv.com/member-services/about/members.htm

Majority is public, probably 800-1000. Private are mostly smaller only a few k. Over 300 DI. 30k my guess would put in the top 5% of public, the top 50 of 1300 in terms of size. Even if 30k students was only top 100 in terms of size, that would still be in the top 7-8% overall.

Temple has 33,000 undergrads and is the 26th largest University in the country. Umass is deffinately up there.

SoCon48
November 10th, 2006, 02:13 PM

Knocked out is true, but we were ranked #14 vs Montana's #1, playing at their hostile place in our 3rd straight play-off game on the road and still only lost by 3 in OT.

If we played over our heads in Boone that time instead, App would have won by a couple TD's. IMOP.
I'd love to see Montana in KBS for the semis. I mean really love it.