PDA

View Full Version : The Battle for the Dakota Marker: #17 SDSU @ #1 NDSU

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Let's GET IT ON!!! Real question will be if SDSU's o line can play markedly better or if they keep up the status quo and allow Lujan to get pummeled all game.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 27th, 2014, 01:13 PM
What is the over under on Zenners this year?

I was guessing he is going to have a monster game and get probably 10.

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2014, 01:19 PM
I think the big concern from SDSU's side has to be their O-line play and their QB's propensity to thrown INTs. NDSU has a beastly pass rush and opportunistic safeties who are more than capable of forcing turnovers. SDSU needs their O-line to give Zenner some running room because they need him to carry them more than ever against NDSU to have a chance to win.

From NDSU's perspective everything appears to be humming except for some sloppy execution offensively (especially in the red zone) but even with that their offense is still in the top 25 in the country. The defense has been lights out lately even with a few injured starters not being able to play here and there.

NDSU is carrying a 5 game winning streak in the series coming into this game but SDSU is going to be in desperation mode so they really have everything to gain. Everything points to an NDSU win here, almost too much for my liking. This may be my Vikings fan paranoia coming out but it seems like these are the games that the football gods decide to turn everything upside down from what you thought going in.

Having said that I'll still say NDSU 34 SDSU 14. Zenner once again struggles to find holes in the Bison defense and finishes with about 50 yards rushing and a TD.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 27th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Even if NDSU loses a game this year they should still be ranked number 1.

When you win 30+ games in a row you deserve a mulligan and lets face it. Most of you will only drop them because you already want to. If you are honest and fair they stay where they are since most of you only feel the need to drop a bad team like Ewu 5 spots.

There is no way NDSU should drop period, continue on with your fashion show.

KUlawJack
October 27th, 2014, 02:12 PM
This is what I posted on the SDSU board. I am too lazy to redo it:

All right, let's blow the top off this thing. I will be in attendance in Fargo.

Line play will be crucial this weekend, especially our offensive line play. NDSU has the most formidable defensive front in FCS. If the Jacks hope to have a shot, we have to neutralize their defensive front, which will be the toughest task all year. Keep in mind, UNI also has a very formidable front seven. NDSU plays at an even higher level than that.

Hopefully Schneider can go as we will need our full compliment of offensive weapons. (He missed the YSU game)

On defense, we have to stop the run a lot better than we did against YSU. That was pitiful. DL and LBs washed away and missed tackles by safeties on the backside cutbacks all day long. We have to be much more fundamentally sound. Time to scrap the zone read bull **** and focus the DL on getting up field and causing some havoc with LBs fitting gaps properly. If I watch Bobbitt (WLB) make the wrong fit one more time I may scream. Dallas Brown (SLB) also made some critical errors filling gaps last Saturday.

Our lack of a pass rusher is killing us right now. We can't get there and may have to blitz more and take the risk of getting beat. We made a freshman look like an All-American in his first true road game.

Now, with all that re-posted, I do not like our chances one bit in Fargo this weekend. I'd like to keep it within 2 scores. That'd be good for me. Not for the team, obviously. After that, we need to roll through ISU-B, WIU, and USD. No easy task playing at Terre Haute and ending the season with a rivalry game. We will have our backs against the wall for the second year in a row with 3 weeks remaining in the season. Yuck.

Grizalltheway
October 27th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Even if NDSU loses a game this year they should still be ranked number 1.

When you win 30+ games in a row you deserve a mulligan and lets face it. Most of you will only drop them because you already want to. If you are honest and fair they stay where they are since most of you only feel the need to drop a bad team like Ewu 5 spots.

There is no way NDSU should drop period, continue on with your fashion show.

Thanks for your input. You're like the people who don't vote and then think they can bitch about the actions of elected officials.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 27th, 2014, 02:17 PM
I vote

KUlawJack
October 27th, 2014, 02:17 PM
We've got two threads going on this one. Can a moderator consolidate for us?

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Yup, didn't see the one Thumper started. He beat me to it.

Grizalltheway
October 27th, 2014, 02:23 PM
I vote

Do ya

This is why I do not do polls very often, really no point when its a popularity contest.

RabidRabbit
October 27th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Bison have been a HUGE thorn to the Jackrabbits advancement in the MVFC and FCS. But with over 100 football games between these border rivals and like land-grants, SDSU/NDSU have been good for each other.

Think that the injuries for the Jacks, and thin ranks will be exposed by Bison D, and O-lines. Jacks will need to +2 or 3 TO, and even or + in TOP to have a chance. There are 4 good teams left for the Bison. Unfortunately, the Marker game never gets overlooked between these two teams. May this game be a repeat of the 2007 GWFC championship game.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 27th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Hey guys. a Zenner is 4 yards, not 14.

Bisonator
October 27th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Bunnies are in for a world of hurt, that is all.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 27th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Bison have been a HUGE thorn to the Jackrabbits advancement in the MVFC and FCS. But with over 100 football games between these border rivals and like land-grants, SDSU/NDSU have been good for each other.

Think that the injuries for the Jacks, and thin ranks will be exposed by Bison D, and O-lines. Jacks will need to +2 or 3 TO, and even or + in TOP to have a chance. There are 4 good teams left for the Bison. Unfortunately, the Marker game never gets overlooked between these two teams. May this game be a repeat of the 2007 GWFC championship game.

Repeat of 2007???

Good one!!

I'll be surprised if the Jacks score 10

NoDak 4 Ever
October 27th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Repeat of 2007???

Good one!!

They couldn't score 1 on their home field with the same people.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 27th, 2014, 04:23 PM

Good point!!

Will Zenner get to 50 yards?

wow
October 27th, 2014, 05:06 PM

SDSU did hold the Bison to a season low 20 points last year though. I guess that's something? :(

FargoBison
October 27th, 2014, 05:10 PM
SDSU did hold the Bison to a season low 20 points last year though. I guess that's something? :(

SDSU does seem to play NDSU tough defensively, that said I'm not sure there is a team that struggles more against NDSU's defense then SDSU. Zenner's numbers against NDSU and teams not named NDSU are mind boggling.

Theee Catrabbit
October 27th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Let's see anything said here will pretty much be **** on by Bizzzzzzon Frise fans so, and by the end of the week the prediction by all will be Bison a Google and Rabbits -55. I do have to say if Schneider doesn't play, it will be a very hard game to win. you cant miss your All Conference QB and your All conference WR and say everything is going to be hunky dory.
Correct jacks will not score 10, but still win.

Jack 9 Bison 6:)

RabidRabbit
October 27th, 2014, 05:48 PM

Done - Advantage of a fervent Rabbit Mod. :D

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Repeat of 2007???

Good one!!

Hey! That's what you guys were saying in 2007 too I bet! ;)

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 27th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Hey! That's what you guys were saying in 2007 too I bet! ;)

Do you really think the Jacks offense can consistently move the ball and score?

The Bison have won 5 in a row vs the Jacks and #6 is coming on Saturday!

Jacks are not good enough offensively to consistently beat the Bison defense. I'm sure the Jacks defense will sell out to try and stop the run but Wentz is too good. The Bison offense is well balanced and is really moving the ball effectively.

Bison win 35-6

IBleedYellow
October 27th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Let's see anything said here will pretty much be **** on by Bizzzzzzon Frise fans so, and by the end of the week the prediction by all will be Bison a Google and Rabbits -55. I do have to say if Schneider doesn't play, it will be a very hard game to win. you cant miss your All Conference QB and your All conference WR and say everything is going to be hunky dory.
Correct jacks will not score 10, but still win.

Jack 9 Bison 6:)

Our posters wont' **** on you guys...our team has a chance to, though. :D

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Our posters wont' **** on you guys...our team has a chance to, though. :D

See post above yours

NDSUSR
October 27th, 2014, 07:20 PM
See post above yours

Thats hardly ****ting on you. Harden up.

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Thats hardly ****ting on you. Harden up.

Wasn't whining, just pointing out that every point an SDSU fan makes will be met with a douchey comment to the tune of haha you really think that. That's not a shocker considering there are many douchey ndsu fans out there. Thankfully balanced out by the not douchey ones.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 27th, 2014, 07:27 PM
See post above yours

He's right, should he lie to keep your wittle feelings from getting hurt?

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Do you really think the Jacks offense can consistently move the ball and score?

The Bison have won 5 in a row vs the Jacks and #6 is coming on Saturday!

Jacks are not good enough offensively to consistently beat the Bison defense. I'm sure the Jacks defense will sell out to try and stop the run but Wentz is too good. The Bison offense is well balanced and is really moving the ball effectively.

Bison win 35-6

No I don't, but I don't think I said that anywhere either genius. I was pointing out how the commentary was most likely similar to the commentary for this game. But hell don't let me stop you.

Side note. IF, and that's a big IF, the SDSU line plays halfway decent and schnieder plays I think they could move the ball a bit. Enough to put up 24-30 points, nope. But with how the D played last year we didn't need that. They ended up wore out eventually but if SDSU had put up ANY sort of drives to give them a rest I doubt that ndsu puts up as many points as they did late. So is it possible that the Jacks could pull the upset? Yup, half the team played well enough to lay year IMHO, but the offense did literally nothing, kudos to the bison D.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 27th, 2014, 07:37 PM
See post above yours

Nut up buddy!!

OK....so I won't hurt your feelings.....Jacks will roll the Bison 50-0. And the only reason the Bison have won 3. NCs is because they cheated in the Jacks game, keeping the juggernaut that is SDSU out of their rightful NCs.

Is that better lil buddy?

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Nut up buddy!!

OK....so I won't hurt your feelings.....Jacks will roll the Bison 50-0. And the only reason the Bison have won 3. NCs is because they cheated in the Jacks game, keeping the juggernaut that is SDSU out of their rightful NCs.

Seems to me you guys are being the sensitive ones. One post than I got a couple bison posters screaming about me whining.

IBleedYellow
October 27th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Seems to me you guys are being the sensitive ones. One post than I got a couple bison posters screaming about me whining.

Pretty much. Lol

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2014, 07:45 PM
But just to satisfy the bison fans, the Jacks will give up 37 sacks and lose 85 to -3.

Realistically the Jacks are goin to lose and really just would be a good effort for SDSU to keep it tight at the end with how both teams are playing.

It is funny how ndsu fans call other fans sensitive with their reactions to polls and anybody suggesting there is a way their team could win against them.

IBleedYellow
October 27th, 2014, 07:49 PM
But just to satisfy the bison fans, the Jacks will give up 37 sacks and lose 85 to -3.

Realistically the Jacks are goin to lose and really just would be a good effort for SDSU to keep it tight at the end with how both teams are playing.

It is funny how ndsu fans call other fans sensitive with their reactions to polls and anybody suggesting there is a way their team could win against them.

Realistically this game should be pretty close by paper. However, last year NDSU held the Jackrabbits scoreless with almost the same personnel. I'm not saying no one improves between here and now...but it's a start.

My take is that if Lujan is going to be rushed in the pocket all game, it's going to be a long game for the Rabbits. If they give him time, it'll be a long game for both teams.

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Realistically this game should be pretty close by paper. However, last year NDSU held the Jackrabbits scoreless with almost the same personnel. I'm not saying no one improves between here and now...but it's a start.

My take is that if Lujan is going to be rushed in the pocket all game, it's going to be a long game for the Rabbits. If they give him time, it'll be a long game for both teams.

Honestly I think he gets sacked 5+ times.

IBleedYellow
October 27th, 2014, 07:51 PM

That's my assumption as well, as the Rabbits have given up 26 sacks on the year already...but things change when you're playing for the Marker.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 27th, 2014, 07:53 PM

Ok...realistically. If the Bison play their game and do not give the Jacks short fields they will win. The Jacks defense is not as good as the 07, 09 and 12 versions so I do not think they can consistently stop the Bison. Plus the game is in Fargo.

I like Coach Stig and the Jacks but they are not as good as they have been.

Sure the Jacks could win but it is going to take multiple mistakes by the Bison.

Call it what you want but that is how I see it!!

Bisonator
October 27th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Ok...realistically. If the Bison play their game and do not give the Jacks short fields they will win. The Jacks defense is not as good as the 07, 09 and 12 versions so I do not think they can consistently stop the Bison. Plus the game is in Fargo.

I like Coach Stig and the Jacks but they are not as good as they have been.

Sure the Jacks could win but it is going to take multiple mistakes by the Bison.

Call it what you want but that is how I see it!!

I agree. The jacks defense has really struggled this year. That could be because their offense isn't as good either with Sumner out. I honestly didn't think Sumner was that big of a factor but maybe he was better then I thought. Maybe the oline is just bad this year? Definitely appears as though the jacks lines have taken a step back and IMO that has been the main difference in this game over the years. If the Jacks can't hold their own at the LOS it's going to be a long day for them.

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2014, 08:21 PM

I think if he gets sacked 5+ times it means that the Bison win big because the Jacks are throwing the ball too much. It's somewhat shocking to me how easily the SDSU OC has gotten put off his game by the Bison defense the last few years. In his 4 career games against NDSU the most carries Zenner has had in one game has been 15 and last year he had 8. The Jacks threw the ball 30 times in last year's game and it was one score game until the 10:36 mark of the 4th quarter. I'd think they have to feed Zenner and even if he gets stuffed early they have to stick with him because they're going to get sacked or turned over (or both) constantly if they try to drop Lujan back that many times on Saturday.

penguinpower
October 27th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Nut up buddy!!ï

You weren't one of the popular kids in school were you?

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2014, 08:29 PM
I agree. The jacks defense has really struggled this year. That could be because their offense isn't as good either with Sumner out. I honestly didn't think Sumner was that big of a factor but maybe he was better then I thought. Maybe the oline is just bad this year? Definitely appears as though the jacks lines have taken a step back and IMO that has been the main difference in this game over the years. If the Jacks can't hold their own at the LOS it's going to be a long day for them.

O line is a big difference without a doubt. Hopefully this game is. Turning point for them, but God it won't be easy.

BisonFan02
October 27th, 2014, 08:55 PM
It's marker week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2753015/lattimer-alvin-mack-spitting-o.gif

:D

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2014, 08:13 AM
No posts for 11 hours?!?! Preposterous!

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 08:33 AM
No posts for 11 hours?!?! Preposterous!

We're afraid to hurt your feelings.

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2014, 08:34 AM
We're afraid to hurt your feelings.

Your mom didn't hug you enough as it is child did she?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Your mom didn't hug you enough as it is child did she?

Man, lighten up. Tell us about 2007 again. That'll cheer you up.

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Man, lighten up. Tell us about 2007 again. That'll cheer you up.

Your the dude being over the top with the reaction to me calling you out on being an arrogant prick sometimes. I'm over it, but you seem to be clinging to that like a baby to his momma's teat.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Your the dude being over the top with the reaction to me calling you out on being an arrogant prick sometimes. I'm over it, but you seem to be clinging to that like a baby to his momma's teat.

Damn, weird.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Let me say something positive about South Dakota State.

I went there for a year and lived in Berg hall, the exhibitionist girl in Bailey across the yard liked to keep her windows open and had a really nice set of yabos.

That and the ice cream. See? Positive.

BisonBacker
October 28th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Couldn't help but post this after this comment xlolx

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeeZsjaxWZwo_QB3ktOBSYVYE7IgGdE kuMQYHjvrY2wI_8x6v7

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2014, 09:21 AM
xlolx xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 09:28 AM
he got that picture from a Hobo Day party last week. She was one of the pretty ones.

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2014, 10:50 AM
The fact you qualify that as a she is very telling about the quality of women in Fargo.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 10:50 AM
The fact you qualify that as a she is very telling about the quality of women in Fargo.

Are you kidding? That's a Brookings 9.

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Are you kidding? That's a Brookings 9.

Maybe if your from Fargo ;)

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Ok now the women jokes are out of the way, what's next from the bag of originality, stadium jokes or porta-potty jokes?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Ok now the women jokes are out of the way, what's next from the bag of originality, stadium jokes or porta-potty jokes?

Well there is the proper measurement of a Zenner. There seems to be some confusion on the Blue Bunny board.

Seriously though, that girl in Bailey had a pretty nice set on her.

BisonFan02
October 28th, 2014, 11:02 AM

SDSU Cheerleaders?

344Johnson
October 28th, 2014, 11:19 AM

I have nothing bad to say.... Any bad feelings I have about the jacks is 100% basketball related. Lots of good games between the two schools since I've been here.

dewey
October 28th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Let me say something positive about South Dakota State.

I went there for a year and lived in Berg hall, the exhibitionist girl in Bailey across the yard liked to keep her windows open and had a really nice set of yabos.

That and the ice cream. See? Positive.

I will give kudos to SDSU they make dang good ice cream. I will also say that my son, 3.5 last year, and I had a great time playing football on the practice field East of the stadium last year during halftime. Then we got some nice pictures of us Sam Ojuri, Derek Lang and the Dakota Marker and the GIANT SDSU scoreboard.

Dewey

dewey
October 28th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Well there is the proper measurement of a Zenner. There seems to be some confusion on the Blue Bunny board.

Seriously though, that girl in Bailey had a pretty nice set on her.

A Zenner is 4 yards, 12 feet or 144 inches or the game rushing total from Zach Zenner against the Bison defense last year.

Dewey

344Johnson
October 28th, 2014, 12:33 PM
A Zenner is 4 yards, 12 feet or 144 inches or the game rushing total from Zach Zenner against the Bison defense last year.

Dewey

Should also be noted the most commonly accepted method to acquire a zenner is 8 separate actions, resulting in an average of .5 yards, 1.5 ft or 18 inches per action.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Should also be noted the most commonly accepted method to acquire a zenner is 8 separate actions, resulting in an average of .5 yards, 1.5 ft or 18 inches per action.

While the rest of your team combines for -9 Zenners giving you a net of -8 Zenners.

Kemo
October 28th, 2014, 02:50 PM
I feel the only proper way for a Jackrabbit fan to respond to this thread is with blind, unjustified confidence.

Jacks by 3 touchdowns! Book it!

dewey
October 28th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Gold rush for the game on Saturday!

Bisonoline
October 28th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Gold Rush? WTF is that????

Professor Chaos
October 28th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Gold Rush? WTF is that????
No idea, I usually wear yellow to Bison games.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Like I said before, it's either laziness in nomenclature or they are really afraid of "Scream Yellow" part deux.

gumby013
October 28th, 2014, 03:15 PM

Dewey

I made this calculation last year:

In SDSU's game time of possession, 19:40, a common garden snail can travel 1.08 Zenners.

Lehigh'98
October 28th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Good to see the Bizun fans are gracious and humble about having a great team (besides maybe 2 or 3 hundred posters). Bizun - 29 Bunnies - 18

RabidRabbit
October 28th, 2014, 03:32 PM
TV (SDSU beat writer) reports that 5dimes has the line to be Bison by 18. With two all league players out (QB & SR WR) looks to be a long day for Rabbit fans in Fargo. :(

The only good news will be that it'll be all rushing by the Bison so will be a fast (timewise) game.xrolleyesx

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Good to see the Bizun fans are gracious and humble about having a great team (besides maybe 2 or 3 hundred posters). Bizun - 29 Bunnies - 18

Tell us your opinion of Lafayette. Be honest.

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2014, 03:50 PM
So I mean dont get me wrong here, I appreciate the support of my team, but why is ndsu picking the color that is the rival schools color? Call it gold all ya want but that is YELLOW. Bison Fans Jackrabbit pride noted and appreciated.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 03:55 PM
So I mean dont get me wrong here, I appreciate the support of my team, but why is ndsu picking the color that is the rival schools color? Call it gold all ya want but that is YELLOW. Bison Fans Jackrabbit pride noted and appreciated.

It's technically yellow for NDSU too but the marketing department has a fixation on the gold thing. Your team will have to wear white anyway.

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Blind homerism prediction! ZZ busts loose finally, puts up 195 yds and two TDs, Jacks D takes an int to the house and Weineke gets 100+ yds receiving and Jacks win 28-24. Ndsu throws three picks. Bisonville melts down. I throw a party. A large one. You are all invited.

Twentysix
October 28th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Blind homerism prediction! ZZ busts loose finally, puts up 195 yds and two TDs, Jacks D takes an int to the house and Weineke gets 100+ yds receiving and Jacks win 28-24. Ndsu throws three picks. Bisonville melts down. I throw a party. A large one. You are all invited.

PM me your address.

Professor Chaos
October 28th, 2014, 03:58 PM
I'll be there to pee in the punch bowl xslapfightx :D

Kemo
October 28th, 2014, 04:17 PM
It's technically yellow for NDSU too but the marketing department has a fixation on the gold thing. Your team will have to wear white anyway.

"Yellow Rush" just doesn't have the same ring to it. Plus, it would be a painful reminder for Bison fans about how much of their tailgating time was spent in line for the porta potty trying not to wet themselves because they had a few too many.

mango433
October 28th, 2014, 04:27 PM

Actually, couldn't SDSU wear blue? Since yellow is a light color, it is is possible SDSU wears blue but I think they would have to ask permission?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Actually, couldn't SDSU wear blue? Since yellow is a light color, it is is possible SDSU wears blue but I think they would have to ask permission?

Correct, and it wouldn't be given.

mango433
October 28th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Correct, and it wouldn't be given.

Why? It doesn't take away from your Gold Out

I have no idea if SDSU is even considering it, just wondering why the requested would be denied.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Why? It doesn't take away from your Gold Out

I have no idea if SDSU is even considering it, just wondering why the requested would be denied.

Oh, I don't know, I'm pretty sure nothing will be allowed to take the attention away from the home team.

mango433
October 28th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Oh, I don't know, I'm pretty sure nothing will be allowed to take the attention away from the home team.

How is SDSU wearing blue taking away from the home team?

You are still wearing your yellow unis for the gold out

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 04:50 PM
How is SDSU wearing blue taking away from the home team?

You are still wearing your yellow unis for the gold out

Do you think that NDSU would be allowed to wear yellow jerseys in Brookings?

mango433
October 28th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Do you think that NDSU would be allowed to wear yellow jerseys in Brookings?

It wouldn't surprise me if they were. Because it takes nothing away from SDSU.

You still haven't answered the question of how it takes anything away from NDSU...

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 04:56 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if they were. Because it takes nothing away from SDSU.

You still haven't answered the question of how it takes anything away from NDSU...

If the road team were allowed to deviate from the NCAA mandated white, it would draw attention.

mango433
October 28th, 2014, 05:00 PM
If the road team were allowed to deviate from the NCAA mandated white, it would draw attention.

Except, you know, that it happens. A lot.

UNIFanSince1983
October 28th, 2014, 05:01 PM
I remember a few years ago both USC and UCLA wore their home jerseys for the game against each other. This had to be okayed by each team and the NCAA.

The same thing is happening with the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail party this weekend. Again this was okayed by both teams and the NCAA.

I am not sure under what circumstances the NCAA has to okay this sort of thing though. Like if the yellow is technically considered a 'Dark' uniform then the NCAA would have to give permission for SDSU to wear blue.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Except, you know, that it happens. A lot.

a lot? I've never seen it in a MVFC or FCS playoff game.

Bison05
October 28th, 2014, 05:27 PM
a lot? I've never seen it in a MVFC or FCS playoff game.

Um, you might want to check out the first game of our 32 game winning streak. USD allowed us to wear our gold jerseys even though we were the "away" team.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Um, you might want to check out the first game of our 32 game winning streak. USD allowed us to wear our gold jerseys even though we were the "away" team.

I didn't see that game.

Sweet, well of course then the Jacks can just show up in whatever color they want, right? Happens all the time.

UNIFanSince1983
October 28th, 2014, 06:00 PM
I didn't see that game.

Sweet, well of course then the Jacks can just show up in whatever color they want, right? Happens all the time.

Yeah the Jacks should show up in their yellows too. It would be epic!

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 06:09 PM
I remember a few years ago both USC and UCLA wore their home jerseys for the game against each other. This had to be okayed by each team and the NCAA.

The same thing is happening with the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail party this weekend. Again this was okayed by both teams and the NCAA.

I am not sure under what circumstances the NCAA has to okay this sort of thing though. Like if the yellow is technically considered a 'Dark' uniform then the NCAA would have to give permission for SDSU to wear blue.

It would have to be considered such because they would need permission to wear white at home.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Yeah the Jacks should show up in their yellows too. It would be epic!

Jacks could wear pink for all I care, outcome will still be the same!

Bison win 35-10

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2014, 06:18 PM
Not sure why SDSU wearing blue is upsetting to a certain someone......

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2014, 06:26 PM
PM me your address.

It'll be on Sunday since I'm in Des Moines for work Saturday.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Not sure why SDSU wearing blue is upsetting to a certain someone......

Never said it was, just said it wouldn't happen.

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Never said it was, just said it wouldn't happen.

I misspoke, I should have said at the idea that SDSU would ever be allowed to try to wear their blues.

344Johnson
October 28th, 2014, 06:30 PM

I don't see who would possibly care...

It would have to be considered such because they would need permission to wear white at home.

LSU gets permission all the time....I don't think the NCAA cares too much.

SUPharmacist
October 28th, 2014, 06:32 PM
I misspoke, I should have said at the idea that SDSU would ever be allowed to try to wear their blues.

I am just concerned about what color socks SDSU is allowed to wear. If it is anything other than white our entire society might come apart.

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2014, 06:44 PM
I am just concerned about what color socks SDSU is allowed to wear. If it is anything other than white our entire society might come apart.

What if they wore blue and yellow striped socks, and one blue shoe and one yellow one, randomly alternating between players which color left was and which color the right shoe was!?!?!?!?

Oh the humanity!!!!!!!

IBleedYellow
October 28th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Dear Lord you guys already have NoDak mad about jersey colors and it's only Tuesday... Sigh. I'll check back here on Friday.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

X-Factor
October 28th, 2014, 07:44 PM
49-10 final

Theee Catrabbit
October 28th, 2014, 08:09 PM
This team has some bucking up to do. Good news our entire secondary is playing....so that is something. Schneider out, Sumner out. Ugh. THis oline needs to step up, too many injuries. Dline....injuries. Now people are saying ZZ looks dinged up.

Jacks 7 Bison 6.

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2014, 08:15 PM
This team has some bucking up to do. Good news our entire secondary is playing....so that is something. Schneider out, Sumner out. Ugh. THis oline needs to step up, too many injuries. Dline....injuries. Now people are saying ZZ looks dinged up.

Jacks 7 Bison 6.

Well we are SDSU, we tend to play bad when we shouldn't and play well when we shouldn't.

Thundar
October 28th, 2014, 08:46 PM
34-14

Bison

Bisonwinagn
October 28th, 2014, 09:14 PM
If SDSU's lines are really banged up it should be a comfortable win for the Bison 34-10.

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2014, 09:44 PM
If SDSU's lines are really banged up it should be a comfortable win for the Bison 34-10.

They have been most of the year.

NDSUSR
October 28th, 2014, 09:48 PM
By the 4th quarter most of the SDSU unis will be stained brown and red. You guess the bodily fluids.

Theee Catrabbit
October 29th, 2014, 07:21 AM
By the 4th quarter most of the SDSU unis will be stained brown and red. You guess the bodily fluids.

Wentz's **** and Crockett's's blood.....

deez_na
October 29th, 2014, 08:37 AM
31-13 Bison

deez_na
October 29th, 2014, 08:38 AM

Jacks 7 Bison 6.
Just curious but are you trying to troll someone with that prediction?

Bisonator
October 29th, 2014, 09:04 AM
31-10 Bison all over the wabbits.

Theee Catrabbit
October 29th, 2014, 09:21 AM

Geez Can't we have some fun in here, anymore? Good natured rivalry? I do figure if the Jacks win, it will be really low. It's just as good a guess as anyone else has. So, I'm going to pick my team. How about 14-10 Jacks.....is that more palatable? I'm a fan not an analyst. Just like I assume every Bison fan will predict a blowout.

BisonBacker
October 29th, 2014, 09:21 AM

Jacks 7 Bison 6.

Or just sandbagging. Either way that prediction is ludicrous.

BisonBacker
October 29th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Geez Can't we have some fun in here, anymore? Good natured rivalry? I do figure if the Jacks win, it will be really low. It's just as good a guess as anyone else has. So, I'm going to pick my team. How about 14-10 Jacks.....is that more palatable? I'm a fan not an analyst. Just like I assume every Bison fan will predict a blowout.

I just don't see the Jacks holding the Bison to 6 points. Yeah our offense has shown a propensity to struggle in the red zone but still our Kicker is good. To only score 6 points the Bison would have to be held to a season low in offensive output (yardage not score) to where we couldn't even get Keller the chance to kick field goals. Yeah that 6 points for the Bison isn't happening.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2014, 09:28 AM
SDSU wins 1-0.

That's the default score for a forfeit, the only way they will come out with a win on Saturday. The training table is tainted with salmonella and everybody has food poisoning.

Book it.

mango433
October 29th, 2014, 09:47 AM
SDSU wins 1-0.

That's the default score for a forfeit, the only way they will come out with a win on Saturday. The training table is tainted with salmonella and everybody has food poisoning.

Book it.

SDSU might as well not even get on the bus then since they have no shot...

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2014, 09:49 AM

Nah, they probably need the reps.

amitrite?

BisonBacker
October 29th, 2014, 09:50 AM

They like anyone else that NDSU plays has a shot.

Wildcat Pride
October 29th, 2014, 09:57 AM
At some point in time NDSU will lose a game, will the entire state be put on suicide watch?

Professor Chaos
October 29th, 2014, 10:06 AM
At some point in time NDSU will lose a game, will the entire state be put on suicide watch?
No, but I am prepared for the celebratory ****storm that'll happen here when it happens. If I was on the other side I would be the same way, we've been dishing it out for well over 2 years now so there's a lot a **** that's ready to be slung back at us once the opportunity arises.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2014, 10:10 AM
No, but I am prepared for the celebratory ****storm that'll happen here when it happens. If I was on the other side I would be the same way, we've been dishing it out for well over 2 years now so there's a lot a **** that's ready to be slung back at us once the opportunity arises.

We've already won. A record that will be very hard to break, 3 straight championships and a solid footing in the division. If they lost this weekend or any weekend, I wouldn't even care.

I've been growing a kind of playoff beard for this season, my wife cannot WAIT until the Bison lose, it's getting ridiculous.

Theee Catrabbit
October 29th, 2014, 10:12 AM
I just don't see the Jacks holding the Bison to 6 points. Yeah our offense has shown a propensity to struggle in the red zone but still our Kicker is good. To only score 6 points the Bison would have to be held to a season low in offensive output (yardage not score) to where we couldn't even get Keller the chance to kick field goals. Yeah that 6 points for the Bison isn't happening.

It's a missed 2 pt attempt for the win.

semobison
October 29th, 2014, 10:23 AM
I expect a good hard nose game. Last year NDSU only led 7-0 after 3 quarters and the Jacks held us to a season low 20 points. Unfortunately for SDSU, they were shut out!

Professor Chaos
October 29th, 2014, 10:41 AM
We've already won. A record that will be very hard to break, 3 straight championships and a solid footing in the division. If they lost this weekend or any weekend, I wouldn't even care.

I've been growing a kind of playoff beard for this season, my wife cannot WAIT until the Bison lose, it's getting ridiculous.
Oh, I'm glad to be on the NDSU side of it instead of the other but I'm pretty sure it won't matter and there's going to be plenty of crowing about the fall of the evil empire when NDSU finally does drop a game, especially in the playoffs. It's alright, it comes with the territory and I'll be more than happy to take some bashing after this sustained run of excellence whenever it ends.

deez_na
October 29th, 2014, 11:10 AM

It is fun in here, I figured you were joking around cause NDSU isn't being held to 6 points lol

NDSUSR
October 29th, 2014, 11:33 AM

Do you really think that? People in ND are realists and know the streak will end. Everyone has been expecting to drop a game this year.
I predict no dumpster fire, no suicides, no hard feelings, and we will give the team who beats us credit instead of the usual "we played the worst game ever".

You understand nothing about the NDSU football program and its fans. You are judging an entire fan base due to 3 or 4 NDSU trolls.

dewey
October 29th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Do you really think that? People in ND are realists and know the streak will end. Everyone has been expecting to drop a game this year.
I predict no dumpster fire, no suicides, no hard feelings, and we will give the team who beats us credit instead of the usual "we played the worst game ever".

You understand nothing about the NDSU football program and its fans. You are judging an entire fan base due to 3 or 4 NDSU trolls.

100% agreed! NDSU might not lose a game this year but if they do I will come on here, like many other NDSU fans, and give credit to the team that got the job done. Most NDSU fans realize this amazing ride will not go on forever but dang is it awesome right now.

Yes some NDSU fans are very loud and obnoxious but most of us are not. We enjoy talking football with other teams fans and talking about our team.

Dewey

UNIFanSince1983
October 29th, 2014, 01:35 PM

Jacks 7 Bison 6.

When someone finally beats NDSU it will take them at least 28 points to do it.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2014, 01:46 PM

Fun fact? The last time a team scored 28+ against the Bison was Eastern Washington in 2010.

UNIFanSince1983
October 29th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Fun fact? The last time a team scored 28+ against the Bison was Eastern Washington in 2010.

Oh I am aware :)

These are the exact reasons why I say this. The 17-14 loss to ISUb was an anomaly. The loss the year before to YSU the Guins got 27 (close enough to 28). I don't know why people think the way to beat NDSU is a low scoring game. The way to do it is to figure out how to score on them. The last loss before that EWU got 38.

gumby013
October 29th, 2014, 01:57 PM
“Usually the team that scores the most points wins the game.” - John Madden

Bisonator
October 29th, 2014, 01:59 PM

Not necessarily. Our last 2 losses were by less then that.

Nobody will be on suicide watch when NDSU loses. Pretty sure most fans expected a loss to happen by now and some probably still expect a loss yet this year. It's been an unbelievable run but it'll end at some point. Life goes on.

Bisonator
October 29th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Oh I am aware :)

These are the exact reasons why I say this. The 17-14 loss to ISUb was an anomaly. The loss the year before to YSU the Guins got 27 (close enough to 28). I don't know why people think the way to beat NDSU is a low scoring game. The way to do it is to figure out how to score on them. The last loss before that EWU got 38.

Because it's way easier to shut our offense down then it is to score on our defense.

UNIFanSince1983
October 29th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Because it's way easier to shut our offense down then it is to score on our defense.

Of course it is, but holding the Bison offense to say 17 doesn't matter if you can only score 10 against their defense. I use that for example as 17 is the least amount of points you have scored in the last two years. You have to score to beat the Bison plain and simple (or hope they gift you two pick sixes).

Bisonator
October 29th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Of course it is, but holding the Bison offense to say 17 doesn't matter if you can only score 10 against their defense. I use that for example as 17 is the least amount of points you have scored in the last two years. You have to score to beat the Bison plain and simple (or hope they gift you two pick sixes).
Well which is easier scoring 17 on us or holding us to 10? I'm of the opinion it would be way easier to win a 13-10 game then a 27-24 game.

UNIFanSince1983
October 29th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Well which is easier scoring 17 on us or holding us to 10? I'm of the opinion it would be way easier to win a 13-10 game then a 27-24 game.

Considering since 2011 (the start of the run) you have been held to 10 or fewer points once. You have given up 17 or more 15 times. So it is easier to get to 17.

BEAR
October 29th, 2014, 03:02 PM
“Usually the team that scores the most points wins the game.” - John Madden

Madden 08?

Thumper 76
October 29th, 2014, 08:17 PM
we will give the team who beats us credit instead of the usual "we played the worst game ever".

xlolx dude there are several of you guys in other threads saying it will take the bison beating themselves. I won't hold my breath on the humble loser thing.

NDSUSR
October 29th, 2014, 08:31 PM
xlolx dude there are several of you guys in other threads saying it will take the bison beating themselves. I won't hold my breath on the humble loser thing.

I guess you will have the opportunity to display your humility on Saturday.

X-Factor
October 30th, 2014, 06:15 AM
Yes. There are lurkers waiting to pounce at their first opportunity, even if it only amounts to one week. Gotta take it and move on.

Theee Catrabbit
October 30th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Yes. There are lurkers waiting to pounce at their first opportunity, even if it only amounts to one week. Gotta take it and move on.

I dont think too much can be said when the Bison eventually lose a game. Even when the Jacks beat you, I really look at it and say "Great! but can we sustain it again next year?" It's hard to get pompous over a team that has owned the FCS for 3 years. "Let he who is without a loss cast the first stone" -Touchdown Jebus.

wow
October 30th, 2014, 08:45 AM

I find this extremely hard to believe. You guys are on a 30+ game win streak, and "we played the worst game ever" stuff comes out if anybody is within 2 touchdowns.

Bisonator
October 30th, 2014, 10:41 AM
I find this extremely hard to believe. You guys are on a 30+ game win streak, and "we played the worst game ever" stuff comes out if anybody is within 2 touchdowns.

I mean if it's the truth why not say it? WTF are you supposed to do if you fumble the ball away 3 times in the red zone or throw 2 pick 6's and lose by a FG? You telling me you wouldn't be tempted to say "we played horrible and gave the game away"?

If we get out played and beaten that's one thing but I'm not about to sugar coat **** so it tastes better!

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2014, 10:59 AM
I mean if it's the truth why not say it? WTF are you supposed to do if you fumble the ball away 3 times in the red zone or throw 2 pick 6's and lose by a FG? You telling me you wouldn't be tempted to say "we played horrible and gave the game away"?

If we get out played and beaten that's one thing but I'm not about to sugar coat **** so it tastes better!

The thing is anybody with a good team can spin their losses that way, saying well you won because we turned it over, our line didn't play well like usual, our coaching staff called a bad game, ect. Like it or not what happens on the field is the result of one team outplaying the other in some facet of the game. Obviously those fumbles were caused by something and somebody caught those pick sixes and ran them back. It's why football is the ultimate TEAM game. If one side of the ball gets outplayed so badly you lose, the whole team beat you. And when that happens you can either say well we just played like crap or you can tip your hat to the other team. It's not sugar coating **** to say the other team beat you on the field. It's sugar coating it so the loss is easier to swallow as a fan when you say well we had a bad game.

Do teams have bad games? Yep, some more than others, but unless one team is beating the day lights out of the other in a blowout, in a close game every fan base can say they beat themselves, IE how UNI fans and ndsu fans react if SDSU beats them. They are always close games and both fan bases feel they are much better than SDSU is so they spin it into we beat ourselves no way they should have beat us, ect.

wow
October 30th, 2014, 11:04 AM

All the things you talk about are a part of the game that happen all the time, not some kind of anomaly that only happens when the Bison lose.

You say you don't want to sugar coat *** so it tastes better, but that is exactly what you are doing when you say "we played horrible and gave the game away." Not sugar coating it would be to say "we were beaten by a better team today." Or at least "they played better than us today."

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2014, 11:07 AM
That was much better way to put that wow xlolx

Bisonator
October 30th, 2014, 11:44 AM
What I'm saying is there is a difference between playing well and getting beat or playing like crap and losing more of your own accord.

wow
October 30th, 2014, 11:51 AM
What I'm saying is there is a difference between playing well and getting beat or playing like crap and losing more of your own accord.

Now I'm confused. What you are describing is a moral victory, no?

Bisonator
October 30th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Now I'm confused. What you are describing is a moral victory, no?

No. I think you're confused because you want to be.

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2014, 01:22 PM

What I'm saying is any fan can claim that for any loss they suffer.

Bisonator
October 30th, 2014, 02:23 PM

Yes but you can see thru the BS if it's BS.

I was fully prepared to give UNI all of the credit had we lost to them last year. Yes we had some stupid turnovers but they clearly had out played us thru 3 quarters of that game. I didn't feel slighted when UNI fans said they gave us that game. I would have felt the same.

The ISUb game in 2012 was completely different IMO as we basically gift wrapped them 14 points and another pick in FG range to at least tie the game. Their offense put a total of 3 points on the board. We were clearly the better team. I still congratulated them on the win.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 30th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Why don't we talk about this game? You know, the one we AREN'T going to lose?

UNIFanSince1983
October 30th, 2014, 02:29 PM

I'd rather we go back to discussing what uniforms SDSU will wear since NDSU is wearing yellow. xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2014, 02:32 PM
I'd rather we go back to discussing what uniforms SDSU will wear since NDSU is wearing yellow. xthumbsupx

That is the obvious way for SDSU to win since a different color of jersey other than the normal road whites would distract them into mistakes.

dewey
October 30th, 2014, 02:35 PM
For those of you interested here is an anrticle about the big matchup of ZZ and the SDSU offensive line against the NDSU defense.

http://www.inforum.com/content/zenner-looks-reverse-bison-blues

Dewey

Bisonator
October 30th, 2014, 02:38 PM

We win, bunnies lose. Next question?

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Looking forward to another really physical game this year.

No_Skill
October 30th, 2014, 03:16 PM

Had we lost to GSU in the semis two years ago, I think very few Bison posters would have made excuses. In fact, you still find many that say we were outplayed that day. If we are truly outplayed, that team will get props.

344Johnson
October 30th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Had we lost to GSU in the semis two years ago, I think very few Bison posters would have made excuses. In fact, you still find many that say we were outplayed that day. If we are truly outplayed, that team will get props.

Very fun game to be at BTW.

NDSUSR
October 30th, 2014, 04:31 PM
For the first time since his freshman year, Zenner will see a young interior defensive line at NDSU. Junior Brian Schaetz is in his first year as a starter

ZZ here is the freshman. Skip to 15:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go2LKqGloNA

stevdock
October 30th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Looking forward to another really physical game this year.

Here's an unpopular Bison post, but a healthy SDSU team I feel has the exact formula to beat the Bison. Problem is I don't think they are healthy enough, especially without Sumner. Last year if they wouldn't have completely gone away from Zenner they would have had a much better chance, but when you stop trying to run and just pass the ball you will not beat us. If SDSU plays physical on the lines and tries to stay around 50/50 run/pass they will be able to hang around and give themselves a chance. I feel we are not out coaching anyone this year and definitely not wearing teams out this year like we have in the past. Instead we are simply out-talenting the other team.

X-Factor
October 30th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Here's an unpopular Bison post, but a healthy SDSU team I feel has the exact formula to beat the Bison. Problem is I don't think they are healthy enough, especially without Sumner. Last year if they wouldn't have completely gone away from Zenner they would have had a much better chance, but when you stop trying to run and just pass the ball you will not beat us. If SDSU plays physical on the lines and tries to stay around 50/50 run/pass they will be able to hang around and give themselves a chance. I feel we are not out coaching anyone this year and definitely not wearing teams out this year like we have in the past. Instead we are simply out-talenting the other team.
I find your comment rather silly that the Bison aren't wearing teams down. What team have you been watching? How many 2nd half points has the Bison 1st team defense given up?

Green1
October 30th, 2014, 07:08 PM
That is the obvious way for SDSU to win since a different color of jersey other than the normal road whites would distract them into mistakes.

THAT'S SO DEVIOUS, IT MIGHT JUST WORK!!!

Curse you pastel colored Rabbits!!!! xshakefistxxnonoxxsplatxxpissedx

Professor Chaos
October 30th, 2014, 07:36 PM
I feel we are not out coaching anyone this year and definitely not wearing teams out this year like we have in the past. Instead we are simply out-talenting the other team.
So you think the fact that NDSU is outscoring opponents 140-24 in the second half this season is due purely to talent? I think the "talent" on the NDSU football team would disagree with you.

I find your comment rather silly that the Bison aren't wearing teams down. What team have you been watching? How many 2nd half points has the Bison 1st team defense given up?
The answer is 10. 7 to Western Illinois and 3 to Southern Illinois. The other 14, and only 4th quarter points, were given up during garbage time against Indiana St (with 6 being on a defensive TD). Not bad after 8 games...

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Guess he was right on the unpopular part xlolx

X-Factor
October 30th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Guess he was right on the unpopular part xlolx
Making ridiculous comments tends to do that. So, what color did you say the Jacks will be sporting? I hope it is bright so our defense can see where Z goes to hide after the snap ;) Possibly firetruck red? Hunter orange? Construction worker neon?

Kemo
October 31st, 2014, 12:14 AM
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned on this thread yet:

@TerryVandrovec (https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/status/527860024874237952) SDSU senior QB Austin Sumner practiced Wed.

KUlawJack
October 31st, 2014, 06:17 AM

We are worlds away from healthy or even remotely close to it. Not in good shape right now, unfortunately, but that's football.

Thumper 76
October 31st, 2014, 11:51 AM
We are worlds away from healthy or even remotely close to it. Not in good shape right now, unfortunately, but that's football.

Didn't terry v say before the UNI game 25% of the starters had missed time due to injury?

IBleedYellow
October 31st, 2014, 12:06 PM
Did the SDSU guys not do enough lifting in flannel this year? xcoffeex

Truthfully though, it's a bummer that SDSU has so many injuries this year, they have really stepped up their game since we both came to FCS and it's awesome watching what they can do at this level. This years team is no different and if they wouldn't have been do down I would have expected a decently deep playoff run.

Bisonator
October 31st, 2014, 12:27 PM
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned on this thread yet:

@TerryVandrovec (https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/status/527860024874237952) SDSU senior QB Austin Sumner practiced Wed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM

dewey
October 31st, 2014, 03:04 PM
Here is a good Fargo Forum article about SDSU's head coachJohn Stiegelmeier.

http://www.inforum.com/content/kolpack-sdsu-longtime-coach-leans-his-values

Dewey

Thumper 76
October 31st, 2014, 03:10 PM
Here is a good Fargo Forum article about SDSU's head coachJohn Stiegelmeier.

http://www.inforum.com/content/kolpack-sdsu-longtime-coach-leans-his-values

Dewey

Pretty well sums him up. Good coach and a great man. Good article.

FargoBison
October 31st, 2014, 06:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbpUdMxD8Rw&feature=youtu.be&a

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 31st, 2014, 07:24 PM
Did the SDSU guys not do enough lifting in flannel this year? xcoffeex

Truthfully though, it's a bummer that SDSU has so many injuries this year, they have really stepped up their game since we both came to FCS and it's awesome watching what they can do at this level. This years team is no different and if they wouldn't have been do down I would have expected a decently deep playoff run.

Tough luck. Injuries happen to all teams and the Bison have had plenty this year also. There is a word out there for teams and it is called depth.

The Bison have been developing very good depth this year that has really been beneficial.

I'm looking forward to the Bison curb stomping the Jacks tomorrow. Put the foot on the gas pedal and keep it on the floor...xlolx

darell1976
October 31st, 2014, 10:25 PM
Its spreading throughout the college football world.
http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/27180085/whats-with-empty-seats-in-fargodome-student-section

An NDSU football player is calling out students for not coming to watch them play. Star defensive player Christian Dudzik sent a Tweet today. With a message to students saying, "are you not entertained?" He's referring to low student attendance at bison games.

So, what's with all the empty seats in the student section of the FargoDome?" "I think we take it a little bit for granted that we have a very successful team," says Sarah Russell, NDSU Student Body President.

NDSU announced that 400 student tickets are unclaimed for the upcoming South Dakota State game. So they're being sold to the general public.

NDSUSR
November 1st, 2014, 12:28 AM
It was tongue in cheek on Dudzik's part I am sure, but its going to have repercussions.
He should never have out that out on twitter. It was a stupid thing to do.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 1st, 2014, 05:47 AM
http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/27180085/whats-with-empty-seats-in-fargodome-student-section

Happens at all schools as the semester drags on. My daughter is at NDSU now and the student tickets went in 3 minutes for the first game and took 5 minutes for the second.

IBleedYellow
November 1st, 2014, 05:59 AM
Literally the only posts I've seen you make have been negative in the past three weeks. You bring nothing useful to conversation other than trying to tear down others and build up your team.

Go away, Useless.

IBleedYellow
November 1st, 2014, 06:01 AM
Tough luck. Injuries happen to all teams and the Bison have had plenty this year also. There is a word out there for teams and it is called depth.

The Bison have been developing very good depth this year that has really been beneficial.

I'm looking forward to the Bison curb stomping the Jacks tomorrow. Put the foot on the gas pedal and keep it on the floor...xlolx
This is true, I suppose I shouldn't give SDSU or UNI breaks due to injured players. We have and get them too.

I really am starting to see how much Kramer is worth to this program though.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 1st, 2014, 06:15 AM
This is true, I suppose I shouldn't give SDSU or UNI breaks due to injured players. We have and get them too.

I really am starting to see how much Kramer is worth to this program though.

Hey no worries....not given you a hard time. All teams have them. I think the Bison have had plenty this year but it seems like the next guy up just does his job and we as fans, do not see the drop off because there isn't one.

Just on the O-line Kuhnert, Schueller and now Kelly have been fighting the injury bug. All this and we lost Zac Johnson for the year and Colville had to quit football. I would like to see any other FCS team lose 4 starters on the O-line and the lone starter playing another position and keep the consistent offensive production....

You're spot on about Kramer. He deserves to be paid double or triple what he is getting now...xnodx

dewey
November 1st, 2014, 07:23 AM
Here is a pretty good article about Zach Zenner and his siblings going to SDSU.

http://m.startribune.com/sports/gophers/281151812.html?section=/sports

Go Bison!

27-7 Bison win.

Zach Zenner runs for 8 Zenner ' s (32 yards) in the loss.

Dewey

Bisonator
November 1st, 2014, 10:29 AM
I'm sure a lot of schools would like to have 3600 out of 4000 student seats filled. It is what it is, at least NDSU is now able to sell those additional tickets to people who want to go. Does UND even have 400 students at their games?xlolx

BisonBohl
November 1st, 2014, 11:59 AM
Literally the only posts I've seen you make have been negative in the past three weeks. You bring nothing useful to conversation other than trying to tear down others and build up your team.

Go away, Useless.

Darrell doesn't have a favorite team. He cares more about NDSU doing poorly then supporting and cheering for his team...

Pretty sad.

Kemo
November 1st, 2014, 12:45 PM
@TerryVandrovec SDSU's Stieglemeier says that the starting QB remains a game-time decision. LB Dallas Brown is out; WR Jason Schneider is warming up.

NDSUSR
November 1st, 2014, 01:02 PM
Playing Sumner will probably happen, although it will not end well for him.