PDA

View Full Version : Seeding Scenario Question

TypicalTribe
October 27th, 2014, 11:30 AM
I know there's four weeks to go, but Eastern Washington's loss seems to have opened up a pretty clear top 4 in terms of playoff seeds. The question is, what will the committee do if NDSU, Ill St, Nova and UNH win out? The first choice is simple:

#1 NDSU vs #4 ISU
UNH/Nova

I'm not sure who would get the edge between the CAA teams, but this sets up two potential semifinal games between teams that don't play in the regular season. It's easy, it's clean, it's sets up two de facto conference championship games resulting in an intersectional FCS title game. Or, does the committee look at the MVFC and see the best conference in the country and give them two of the top 3 seeds, if not the top 2, and set up two MVFC/CAA semifinal games with the possibility of the FCS title game also being a conference matchup. I can see plusses and minuses to both scenarios, but I prefer the first one.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 27th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I know there's four weeks to go, but Eastern Washington's loss seems to have opened up a pretty clear top 4 in terms of playoff seeds. The question is, what will the committee do if NDSU, Ill St, Nova and UNH win out? The first choice is simple:

#1 NDSU vs #4 ISU
UNH/Nova

I'm not sure who would get the edge between the CAA teams, but this sets up two potential semifinal games between teams that don't play in the regular season. It's easy, it's clean, it's sets up two de facto conference championship games resulting in an intersectional FCS title game. Or, does the committee look at the MVFC and see the best conference in the country and give them two of the top 3 seeds, if not the top 2, and set up two MVFC/CAA semifinal games with the possibility of the FCS title game also being a conference matchup. I can see plusses and minuses to both scenarios, but I prefer the first one.

I'm giving them way too much credit for creativity but a chance for both teams to play the other in their conference would shut a lot of people up.

Either way, if NDSU gets a 1 or 2 seed, I'm making all my non-refundable reservations.

UNH Fanboi
October 27th, 2014, 11:40 AM
I know it's fun to discuss these sccenarios, but it's incredibly unlikely that all 4 of these teams win out. If that were to happen, I think NDSU and ISU would deserve the #1 and #2 seeds and get them.

Sycamore62
October 27th, 2014, 11:45 AM
ask yourself how the NCAA thinks they will make the most money and that will be your answer.

HailSzczur
October 27th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Don't talk about Nova winning out until we get on the bus back from Richmond please. Huge hurdle still left. And Albany isn't exactly a push over either

KPSUL
October 27th, 2014, 01:26 PM
One MVFC Semifinal and one CAA Semifinal. Only because neither match-up occurred during the regular season.

CHIP72
October 27th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Don't talk about Nova winning out until we get on the bus back from Richmond please. Huge hurdle still left. And Albany isn't exactly a push over either

Hell, the Battle of the Blue is a rivalry game and is in Newark this year. Anything can happen in that game too.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 27th, 2014, 01:30 PM
I would pick the prettiest uniforms which would once again have NDSU seeded #1

Its a fashion show, nothing more.

melloware13
October 27th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Hell, the Battle of the Blue is a rivalry game and is in Newark this year. Anything can happen in that game too.

Like 5 minutes of what seemed to be only Hurley throwing Pick-6's to Nova xbangx

rokamortis
October 27th, 2014, 02:08 PM
I know there's four weeks to go, but Eastern Washington's loss seems to have opened up a pretty clear top 4 in terms of playoff seeds. The question is, what will the committee do if NDSU, Ill St, Nova and UNH win out?

You think it is straight forward but I don't think the committee will have 2 conferences representing the top 4 seeds. Plus, it is the committee, they never completely do what is expected.

BucBisonAtLarge
October 27th, 2014, 04:45 PM
I know it's fun to discuss these sccenarios, but it's incredibly unlikely that all 4 of these teams win out. If that were to happen, I think NDSU and ISU would deserve the #1 and #2 seeds and get them.

+1

jmufan999
October 27th, 2014, 06:23 PM
One MVFC Semifinal and one CAA Semifinal. Only because neither match-up occurred during the regular season.

yep. i WANT this to be the way the committee sets the bracket, but i doubt they'd do it this way. would be great, though.

IBleedYellow
October 27th, 2014, 07:46 PM
ask yourself how the NCAA thinks they will make the most money and that will be your answer.

This right here. NC$$