PDA

View Full Version : Most Significant Win Week 9

penguinpower
October 26th, 2014, 02:39 PM
I think I have to vote for Indiana State'so win over SIU. I try not to use past season performance in my evaluations but it is difficult to avoid. I was not expecting such a convincing win.

penguinpower
October 26th, 2014, 02:41 PM
I think YSU'so win over SDSU was significant as well, but I thought the Penguins had a good chance unlike some others just figured the coaching would cost them at some point a day they were fortunate it didn't

KPSUL
October 26th, 2014, 03:01 PM
St. Francis win over Sacred Heart may end the discussion on two NEC playoff teams. YSU over SDSU and Cal Poly over Montana sets the two winning teams up for possible playoff bids.

jub1982
October 26th, 2014, 03:04 PM
NAU over EWU. NAU is still in the playoff conversation.

GoAgs72
October 26th, 2014, 03:51 PM
I hate to say it, but Cal Poly. They came out of the dungeon and easily knocked off somewhat suspect Montana. They pulled themselves into the bottom of my poll.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 26th, 2014, 04:04 PM
I hate to say it, but Cal Poly. They came out of the dungeon and easily knocked off somewhat suspect Montana. They pulled themselves into the bottom of my poll.

Well it's nice of you to say but trust me "somewhat" is not necessary here. Our ceiling is high if everything comes together but as far as a consistent team that you could count on...not even close. We are not good this year. We have some really good players but it ends there.

TheRevSFA
October 26th, 2014, 04:08 PM
SFA over SLU. Reopened the conference race

Gil Dobie
October 26th, 2014, 04:39 PM

I'll second that.

RabidRabbit
October 26th, 2014, 05:31 PM

Yea, SLU win would have really opened a gap for the auto for SLU. Not getting it, there are a LOT of 1 loss Southland teams who could possibly win the auto-bid now.

superman7515
October 26th, 2014, 05:42 PM
SC State over Bethune-Cookman. Combined with the other shenanigans of the week, turned the MEAC from a one-bid conference into a possible three-bid conference if things go right; 10-2 BCU, 10-2 NC A&T, and the autobid to 9-3 SC State.

FormerPokeCenter
October 26th, 2014, 05:59 PM

Amen, and thank you!

The Cats
October 26th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Most Significant Win(s) Week 9

Western Carolina over The Citadel
&
Chattanooga over Mercer

......setting up next week's showdown between the two teams in Cullowhee next Saturday. Both teams are 4-0 in conference play, the winner takes sole possession of first place and a leg up on the SoCon auto bid.

JSUBison
October 27th, 2014, 01:18 AM
I voted Idaho State over UNC, it snaps Idaho States 47 game road losing streak, and it further muddies the Big Sky race. Which in turn causes all sorts of mayhem for other bubble teams.

JMUNJ08
October 27th, 2014, 09:05 AM
SC State over Bethune-Cookman. Combined with the other shenanigans of the week, turned the MEAC from a one-bid conference into a possible three-bid conference if things go right; 10-2 BCU, 10-2 NC A&T, and the autobid to 9-3 SC State.

Should that then make the most significant loss list since we are stuck with three untested MEAC mediocre teams in the field?

cpalum
October 27th, 2014, 09:32 AM
I don't think a Cal Poly win over Montana alone would be the most significant....but the way they won puts the Cal Poly win over Montana in the conversation

TheRevSFA
October 27th, 2014, 09:36 AM
SFA. Sam, UCA, SLU, mcneese are all onei loss teams.

Battle of the Piney Woods is Saturday. Big game

dewey
October 27th, 2014, 09:49 AM

This was my most significant win because Cal Poly was not in the top 25 and it looks like they put it on Montana pretty good. That win got Cal Poly into my top 25.

I can certainly understand the NAU over EWU as being significant but the way Cal Poly beat MT by 20 points was more impressive to me than NAU beating EWU by 1 on what sounded like the final play of the game.

Dewey

BEAR
October 27th, 2014, 10:08 AM
SFA. Sam, UCA, SLU, mcneese are all onei loss teams.

Battle of the Piney Woods is Saturday. Big game

5 one loss teams. Nice. Playoff and conference championship scenarios abound! xnodx

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 27th, 2014, 11:33 AM
This was my most significant win because Cal Poly was not in the top 25 and it looks like they put it on Montana pretty good. That win got Cal Poly into my top 25.

I can certainly understand the NAU over EWU as being significant but the way Cal Poly beat MT by 20 points was more impressive to me than NAU beating EWU by 1 on what sounded like the final play of the game.

Dewey

In your world do you hand out trophys for "number of points won by"? It only takes one

citdog
October 27th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Idaho State breaking the 48 game road losing streak.

clenz
October 27th, 2014, 12:11 PM
That's depressing to read

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk