PDA

View Full Version : [PLAYOFFS] Teams that seem to be in, even if they lose out

Twentysix
October 25th, 2014, 08:46 PM
It looks like with tonight's win NDSU is in the playoffs even if we go 0-fer to end the season.

Have any other teams locked up at least an at large yet?

I assume if not this week, next week more teams will be able to add their name to this list.

Next week ISUr will probably be tacked onto this list as #2 from the MVFC.

melloware13
October 25th, 2014, 08:52 PM
I think Nova would next week, by getting to 8 wins. Despite only having 11 games, UNH needs two more wins (to get to 8-1) due to who they have left on the schedule.

taper
October 25th, 2014, 09:46 PM
The committee has repeatedly stated that losses towards the end of the season matter more than ones at the beginning. It's what kept Youngstown out last year. Even NDSU might not get in by ending with 4 losses, especially since our conference resume would be pretty weak.

NY Crusader 2010
October 25th, 2014, 09:50 PM
The committee has repeatedly stated that losses towards the end of the season matter more than ones at the beginning. It's what kept Youngstown out last year. Even NDSU might not get in by ending with 4 losses, especially since our conference resume would be pretty weak.

I think the Iowa St and Montana wins would get you guys in...

thebootfitter
October 25th, 2014, 09:53 PM
I can't imagine any scenario in which NDSU is left on the outside looking in this year. MAYBE if they get blown out these next four games.

MTfan4life
October 25th, 2014, 09:54 PM
You have to have won at least 9 games but probably 10+ in 12 game seasons to get in the playoffs with straight losses to end your season. Last season a 10 win Charleston Southern who had beaten Coastal Carolina (SCSU lost to Coastal) missed the playoffs because they got rolled in just their last two games.