PDA

View Full Version : Western Carolina at 6 wins in 2014 has...

catamount man
October 25th, 2014, 06:39 PM
...clinched a winning SoCon record for the 1st time since 2005
...clinched at least a non-losing season for the 1st time since 2005
...MATCHED in 2014, at 4-0 in the SoCon, their ENTIRE conference win mark from 2006-2013.xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx
...with today's win, Mark Speir passes Dennis Wagner (08-11) in all time wins. Speir, at WCU, was 1-10, 2-10, and now 6-2.xthumbsupxxthumbsupx
xthumbsupx

I cannot wait until UTC comes to the Whee next week. Hey Mocs, win or lose, let's show em all what SoCon football is all about. GO CATS!!!

Smitty
October 25th, 2014, 07:36 PM
They have more wins this season than my entire time in college...

Twentysix
October 25th, 2014, 07:36 PM
I hope to see the Catamounts in the Fargodome! I'm very impressed with you guys this season.

catamount man
October 25th, 2014, 07:57 PM
They have more wins this season than my entire time in college... WOW! I will age myself but I can remember, albeit as a child, the great Bob Waters teams of the early 1980s. That 1983 team is STILL special but I truly hope Speir breaks all of Waters records and passes him as the all time winningest WCU coach. Got a ways to go for sure but Coach Speir is only 46 and looks to be in great shape. Pumped for next week. GO CATS!

catamount man
October 25th, 2014, 07:58 PM
I hope to see the Catamounts in the Fargodome! I'm very impressed with you guys this season. I hope to make the trip as well. Would love to see your slice of FCS Heaven. You guys have held the FCS banner high and we are all proud of you guys and thank you for your kind words. Would love to see NDSU make the trip to the Great Smoky Mountains of WNC someday to play us in Cullowhee. Congrats on another good win today. GO CATS!

chattanoogamocs
October 25th, 2014, 08:07 PM
First time that Chattanooga has ever started the SoCon at 4-0...both teams are having an eventful year.

I was very impressed with the attendance in Cullowhee today (because you could see in the stands that it was a legit 13,000+)...hopefully it will be the same, or better, next weekend.

Southern Bison
October 25th, 2014, 08:18 PM
I'm going to be up there for the game next Saturday...what time does tailgating start?

catamount man
October 25th, 2014, 08:22 PM
I'm going to be up there for the game next Saturday...what time does tailgating start? Anytime. However, official policy states no alcohol until 3 hrs before kickoff time so crack open a cold one at 11am, or just act like you've drank before and at 10am nobody "should" say anything. :D GO CATS!

catamount man
October 25th, 2014, 08:25 PM
First time that Chattanooga has ever started the SoCon at 4-0...both teams are having an eventful year.

I was very impressed with the attendance in Cullowhee today (because you could see in the stands that it was a legit 13,000+)...hopefully it will be the same, or better, next weekend.

1st 4-0 SoCon start for the CATS since 1978. Next week should be a great one. Weather forecast looking high of 58 degrees and rain. GO CATS!

smilo
October 25th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Congratulations! WCU is by far my favorite SoCon team so it's very nice to see them relevant. Beat Chatty!!

Lehigh'98
October 25th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Congrats WCU!!! Hell of a season so far. You guys are legit!!

tenNesseeCat
October 25th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Great win for the Cats! Lookin forward to next week vs UTC!

MTfan4life
October 25th, 2014, 10:58 PM
The ultimate underdog's dream would be a first round matchup between Idaho State and Western Carolina in the playoffs. Two teams who have made sensational turnarounds from cellar dweller joke of a teams to legitimate conference title contenders in just a matter of ONE season. It's incredible to see what both teams have done, especially since you'd have to go back more than 5 years to find their last 5 D1 wins before this season!

chattanoogamocs
October 25th, 2014, 11:37 PM
especially since you'd have to go back more than 5 years to find their last 5 D1 wins before this season!

You'll have to wait at least one more week for WCU (as a UTC fan, I am hoping two more weeks ;) ) before WCU gets to 5 D1 wins...they only have 4 right now...Furman, Wofford, Mercer and the Citadel.

Catbooster
October 26th, 2014, 12:16 AM
Congrats

It's always good to see a team turn it around.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 26th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Western Carolina at 6 wins in 2014 has...

me stocking up on canned goods because this is a sign of Armageddon

ETSUfan1
October 26th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Congrats to both Western and Chattanooga. These are the two schools that ETSU can most identify with in the SoCon, and it's good to see ya'll both playing well.

catamount man
October 26th, 2014, 05:48 AM
http://www.citizen-times.com/story/sports/2014/10/25/western-carolina-stays-st-place-beats-citadel/17925997/ Today's write-up from the Asheville newspaper. GO CATS!

tenNesseeCat
October 26th, 2014, 09:41 AM
That fumble forced by Morgan was the play of the game in my opinion! It took us from panic to excitement in seconds! It was an exceptional effort mixed with determination! Bend but don't break!

dungeonjoe
October 26th, 2014, 10:39 AM

Let's see, two Mississippi teams in the top 10, Ebola, Chatty and Western on top of the leaderboard of the SoCon. Armageddon is nigh.

PhillyApp1
October 26th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Congrats Western, it is really great to see you all grow over the last 3 years. The Cats are making a team that will grow and have many WINS in the future.....Go Cats