PDA

View Full Version : Week 9 - Ten Best Games

TypicalTribe
October 22nd, 2014, 12:10 PM
Honorable Mention:

Dayton at San Diego - Someone has to win the Pioneer; chance for the Toreros to stay in the discussion
Harvard at Princeton - Plaid jackets and brandy all around; let's see the Crimson earn the top 25 spot
Colgate at Albany - Interesting OOC game; winner can still dream of at-large relevance
Monmouth at Presbyterian - Big South gets going in earnest; who thought this game would matter?
Gardner-Webb at Liberty - Flames believe they will make a run; needs to start here
Delaware at William & Mary - Feels like it should be a top 10 game but neither is playoff worthy at this point
NW State at Central Arkansas - Similar situation; Pretty much an elimination game for any Southland title hopes and playoff bids as well

10. SEMO at EKU - Can Eastern bounce back from a terrible loss against a SEMO team fighting for its season?
9. Stony Brook at New Hampshire - Seawolves D should be up to the challenge; can the offense help enough to keep season alive?
8. Missouri State at Illinois State - Tough to have a must win game on the road against an undefeated rival; good luck Bears
7. Eastern Washington at N Arizona - Is it tough for Eagles to fly in a dome?Maybe, without Vernon Adams; Good road test
6. SE Louisiana at Stephen F Austin - Similar game here; Can Lumberjacks pull off the upset and keep the Southland race interesting?
5. Montana at Cal Poly - Third one of these; let's find out how good the Grizzlies are against an under the radar Mustangs team
4. Bethune-Cookman at SCSU - Lofty perch for a MEAC game but a huge tilt in South Carolina
3. Charleston Southern at Coastal Carolina - This one is even bigger; Bucs needs to rebound in a big way or playoff hopes will fade
2. Indiana State at Southern Illinois - Almost more about the loer than the winner; 4th loss this early be brutal
1. Youngstown at South Dakota State - Game of the Week; Winner gets a leg up in the race for 3rd in the MVFC; loser gets a 3rd L

thebootfitter
October 22nd, 2014, 12:13 PM
7. Eastern Washington at N Arizona - Is it tough for Eagles to fly in a dome?Maybe, without Vincent Adams; Good road test
Vernon? :-P

Edited to add: Nice summary, though. Thanks for the perspective. (Don't want you to think I'm just being a Richard.)

Grizalltheway
October 22nd, 2014, 12:38 PM
#5 should be a good one. I'd be very surprised if either team wins by more than a TD.

Ivytalk
October 24th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Honorable Mention:

Harvard at Princeton - Plaid jackets and brandy all around; let's see the Crimson earn the top 25 spot

My good man, we put away the plaid/patch Madras jackets after Labor Day. And the single malt scotches/ small batch bourbons give the brandies a run for their money...;)

TypicalTribe
October 24th, 2014, 02:04 PM
My good man, we put away the plaid/patch Madras jackets after Labor Day. And the single malt scotches/ small batch bourbons give the brandies a run for their money...;)

Corduroy jackets with elbow patches and some Pappy Van Winkle instead?

veinup
October 24th, 2014, 02:13 PM
HUGE games in the BSC this weekend. ****.

Sycamore62
October 24th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Honorable Mention:

Dayton at San Diego - Someone has to win the Pioneer; chance for the Toreros to stay in the discussion
Colgate at Albany - Interesting OOC game; winner can still dream of at-large relevance
Monmouth at Presbyterian - Big South gets going in earnest; who thought this game would matter?
Gardner-Webb at Liberty - Flames believe they will make a run; needs to start here
Delaware at William & Mary - Feels like it should be a top 10 game but neither is playoff worthy at this point
NW State at Central Arkansas - Similar situation; Pretty much an elimination game for any Southland title hopes and playoff bids as well

10. SEMO at EKU - Can Eastern bounce back from a terrible loss against a SEMO team fighting for its season?
9. Stony Brook at New Hampshire - Seawolves D should be up to the challenge; can the offense help enough to keep season alive?
8. Missouri State at Illinois State - Tough to have a must win game on the road against an undefeated rival; good luck Bears
7. Eastern Washington at N Arizona - Is it tough for Eagles to fly in a dome?Maybe, without Vernon Adams; Good road test
6. SE Louisiana at Stephen F Austin - Similar game here; Can Lumberjacks pull off the upset and keep the Southland race interesting?
5. Montana at Cal Poly - Third one of these; let's find out how good the Grizzlies are against an under the radar Mustangs team
4. Bethune-Cookman at SCSU - Lofty perch for a MEAC game but a huge tilt in South Carolina
3. Charleston Southern at Coastal Carolina - This one is even bigger; Bucs needs to rebound in a big way or playoff hopes will fade
2. Indiana State at Southern Illinois - Almost more about the loer than the winner; 4th loss this early be brutal
1. Youngstown at South Dakota State - Game of the Week; Winner gets a leg up in the race for 3rd in the MVFC; loser gets a 3rd L

This is about 4 weeks ISUb is number 2 (or that's how I've decided to remember). I Predict the winner makes the playoffs. Loser's playoffs start next Saturday

danefan
October 24th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Corduroy jackets with elbow patches and
some Pappy Van Winkle instead?

Yes please?

kalm
October 24th, 2014, 08:56 PM

The Harvard of the Palouse is much the same, exchanging our late summer wife beaters for hoodies, and Cheladas make way for Fireball.

Ivytalk
October 24th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Corduroy jackets with elbow patches and some Pappy Van Winkle instead?

Got mine, Jack!xbowxxlolx

ValleyTalk
October 24th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Go Guins!

dewey
October 24th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Great work on putting the list of the top games together.

Dewey

BEAR
October 25th, 2014, 12:02 PM
I think the NWST vs UCA game will be big because
UCA was tough against Texas Tech and lost by a last second 53 yard field goal
NWST beat la Texh and Sammy.
plus UCAs starting QB is out. Plus it's homecoming in Conway.

Great at day to watch some SLC football. Wouldn't surprise me if the demons won, they're a good team.