carney2
October 19th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Everyone is back in action.

FORDHAM @ LEHIGH

BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN

COLGATE @ Albany

HOLY CROSS @ LAFAYETTE

Game of the Week:
Holy Cross @ Lafayette - The battle for best of the rest gets serious.

Pard4Life
October 19th, 2014, 10:19 AM
I'd place Gtown Bucknell GOTW if the Hoyas are capable of playing like they did against us. But we have a habit of making bad teams look like Alabama, so I'm not sure.

Fordham
October 19th, 2014, 10:30 AM
So what's the consensus on lessons learned from the Lehigh win? Did something click for you guys or is Cornell just that bad? Lehigh always plays us tough, particularly at home, so I'm taking nothing for granted. After our 'Nova loss, every PL game is critical.

Fordhamanhattan
October 19th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Nice two page article on Fordham quarterback Mike Nebrich in the New York Daily News. Just a thought for our Patriot League foes, Fordham experienced some turmoil between scholarship and aid classes during the transition which may have contributed to the 1-10 record the first year of scholarships.

Bogus Megapardus
October 19th, 2014, 10:49 AM
With the un-Manly Contest behind us, I need a theme for this week, and Crusader Catholics vs. Pardsvillian Presbyterians just won't cut it. Do I go with a Bob 4acre avatar?

http://cdn87.psbin.com/img/mw=150/cr=n/d=odo5k/8fsudg04kflq0dhj.jpg

EDIT: I decided to go with Catholics vs. Presbyterians (even though I would have taken Mary, Queen of Scots and the points vs. The Faerie Queene on the road).

carney2
October 19th, 2014, 10:50 AM
I'd place Gtown Bucknell GOTW if the Hoyas are capable of playing like they did against us. But we have a habit of making bad teams look like Alabama, so I'm not sure.

I gave serious thought to the Bucknell @ Georgetown game as Game of the Week if, for no other reason, a Lafayette winning streak probably puts them in the Game of the Week in 4 of the next five weeks. Don't want to look like a homer, but the schedule says I'm right. Anyway, the scales were tipped by the fact that I'm not a Georgetown believer. They've had two Saturdays of redemption - home vs. Brown and @ Lafayette. That does not a season make. The Cross on the other hand, with also only 2 wins, has some coulda/shoulda mixed in which makes them more viable.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 19th, 2014, 10:53 AM
So what's the consensus on lessons learned from the Lehigh win? Did something click for you guys or is Cornell just that bad? Lehigh always plays us tough, particularly at home, so I'm taking nothing for granted. After our 'Nova loss, every PL game is critical.

The short answer is, a combination of both.

carney2
October 19th, 2014, 10:57 AM

Loving the avatar. Very Bogie-esque.

jimbo65
October 19th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Fordham over Lehigh, never had an opportunity to write this before about this game, but likely by a lot.

Bucknell rolls over Gtown

Gate falls short at Albany

HC loss st LaFayette, actually have no idea who will win so picked the home boys.

crusader11
October 19th, 2014, 01:11 PM
In games decided by seven points or fewer dating back to 2012, Holy Cross is 3-15. Truly incredible.

Ivytalk
October 19th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Fordham
Bucknell
Colgate
Lafayette

bonarae
October 19th, 2014, 05:30 PM
FORDHAM @ LEHIGH

BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN

COLGATE @ Albany

HOLY CROSS @ LAFAYETTE

KPSUL
October 19th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Beginner's luck for me last Saturday, Got'em all right first try. This one looks much tougher, but here goes:

FORDHAM @ LEHIGH Lehigh by 4 in the FCS upset of the week

BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN Bucknell by 10

COLGATE @ ALBANY Albany in OT

HOLY CROSS @ LAFAYETTE Lafayette by 7

RichH2
October 19th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Beginner's luck for me last Saturday, Got'em all right first try. This one looks much tougher, but here goes:

FORDHAM @ LEHIGH Lehigh by 4 in the FCS upset of the week

BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN Bucknell by 10

COLGATE @ ALBANY Albany in OT

HOLY CROSS @ LAFAYETTE Lafayette by 7
Homeric!

Fordham
October 19th, 2014, 08:51 PM
In games decided by seven points or fewer dating back to 2012, Holy Cross is 3-15. Truly incredible.
Wow. That's stunning

bison137
October 19th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Just a thought for our Patriot League foes, Fordham experienced some turmoil between scholarship and aid classes during the transition which may have contributed to the 1-10 record the first year of scholarships.

Actually the 1-10 record was in the second year of scholarships. First year was 5-6.

bison137
October 19th, 2014, 09:25 PM

And 17-12 in the previous seven seasons. Apparently Gilmore forgot how to coach somewhere between 2011 and 2012.

ngineer
October 19th, 2014, 10:10 PM

Two bad teams in search of something. As usual, LU had moments of absolute machine-like efficiency, and then we'd look like crap. 9 penalties...7 for procedure is inexcusable. The defense was much better, but then, it was Cornell. Another botched FG attempt (blocked). Run game looked good and some freshmen were populating the field as well. Several dropped passes that would have put the game way early. Lack of aggressive play calling. LU got ball with 1 min. to go before half and all three time outs near mid-field and ran three straight up the gut without using the timeouts. WTF! We were only up by 17 (and only 10 scored by offense). As seen in the second half, it got dicey with about 10 min. to go.

CHIP72
October 19th, 2014, 10:35 PM
No picks, but some comments:

*Hopefully the Rams have some mercy on the Lehigh defensive line.

*Does anyone else think Colgate/Albany will be an interesting, competitive game? I'd pick that game as the game of the week, notwithstanding the fact it isn't an intra-league game.

*I think (or least hope) Lafayette takes care of business against the Crusaders.

*I'd be surprised if Georgetown keeps it close against Bucknell.

bison137
October 20th, 2014, 12:35 AM
*I'd be surprised if Georgetown keeps it close against Bucknell.

After watching Georgetown clearly outplay Lafayette in Easton - almost doubling them in yardage - I am expecting a very close game, especially with it being a road game for the Bison.

Skyhawk71
October 20th, 2014, 06:23 AM
Fordham @ Lehigh
Bucknell @ Georgetown
Colgate @ Albany
Holy Cross @ Lafayette

CHIP72
October 20th, 2014, 06:43 AM
After watching Georgetown clearly outplay Lafayette in Easton - almost doubling them in yardage - I am expecting a very close game, especially with it being a road game for the Bison.

I don't think you're giving your own team enough credit. IMO, the Bison are the biggest threat to Fordham in the Patriot League.

bison137
October 20th, 2014, 07:08 AM
I don't think you're giving your own team enough credit. IMO, the Bison are the biggest threat to Fordham in the Patriot League.

Hope you're right. But I've seen all of their games in person thus far, so I think I know the team fairly well. A lot may depend on whether some key injured players return this week.

Fordham
October 20th, 2014, 08:07 AM
I agree. There's the added twist that in every one of our best seasons in the past decade, Bucknell has either won or taken us to the last play of the game.

Friday night on CBS at their place will only make it that much more difficult.

LUHawker
October 20th, 2014, 09:53 AM
And 17-12 in the previous seven seasons. Apparently Gilmore forgot how to coach somewhere between 2011 and 2012.

No he didn't forget how to coach. It was all about Dominic Randolph.

carney2
October 20th, 2014, 10:30 AM
FORDHAM @ LEHIGH - Mike Nebrich going against the Lehigh "defense." That will be an epic battle. Going with the Rams in a squeaker.

BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN - The "Better Than Anyone Expected" bowl. Just thinkin' that Bucky is a little better than the other guy.

COLGATE @ Albany - A toss up game between two baffling teams. With no conviction, going with the home team.

HOLY CROSS @ LAFAYETTE - If Pard QB Reed is some semblance of healthy this goes to the home team. If not, down to the wire.

PAllen
October 20th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Fordham - I'll pick against Lehigh for the second time this year, in the hopes that I'm wrong yet again, but I won't be. Fordham in a rout
Bucknell - The bison still have a chance at the PL title, they won't slip up this week.
Albany - This should be a close game, but Colgate loses another one away from home
Lafayette - The Frankasaurus is going to trip up a few more times this year, but not this week. And no, Gilmore is not on the hot seat. He'll be around for a few more years.

the last indian
October 20th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Fordham - I'll pick against Lehigh for the second time this year, in the hopes that I'm wrong yet again, but I won't be. Fordham in a rout
Bucknell - The bison still have a chance at the PL title, they won't slip up this week.
Albany - This should be a close game, but Colgate loses another one away from home
Lafayette - The Frankasaurus is going to trip up a few more times this year, but not this week. And no, Gilmore is not on the hot seat. He'll be around for a few more years.

I don't know if you guys are aware that Colgate went nose to nose with a very good Yale team until the dam broke late in the 4th quarter when Vargas got loose on a long one. Our QB was out so a freshman started without no previous snaps at this level.

I realize that it is the final score that counts and moral victories count for nothing, but I think we will handle Albany in a tough game.
Otherwise, Fordham, Lafayette, and Bucknell.

FordhamFan
October 20th, 2014, 11:58 AM
I may be wrong, but I just don't see Lehigh coming close on Saturday against the Rams. I'd argue this game was the second most important to Fordham when they looked at their schedule this year (after the Lafayette game). The phrase goes, to be the man, you have to beat the man, and I think Fordham has that in the front of their mind.

Lehigh is the premiere team in the Patriot League. If Fordham wants to show that is not the case any more, this game should mean a lot to the Rams. That attitude, plus the worst pass defense vs. the third best passing attack in the nation, and I see Fordham putting up another 50 spot.

Other than that, I'll take Bucknell in a two score game, Lafayette in a tight one and Albany in a tighter one than LC/HC.

BucBisonAtLarge
October 20th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Fordham- Shafnisky/Nebrich should make this an offensive event. The suspect nature of the Lehigh defense could make it a long afternoon at Goodman for the Brown.
Bucknell- Memories of recent Bison seasons and a bye week to prepare would argue against complacency going to Georgetown.
Albany- coin toss, going with the home team
Lafayette- HC really needs to show up to shake my pessimism. The Leopards showed moments last week and hung with the Johnnies better than most.

ngineer
October 20th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Maybe this will be the classical "trap" game for the Rams, coming off a tough Bye and Colgate lurking next week.... Best M'Hawks can hope for is rain (and lots of it), and an 'off' day, assuming Nebrich is capable of one. I will be there, regardless, cheering for the gigantic upset, but the head says Lehigh will battle, and maybe even be closer than most expect, but for this exercise, I have to pick the Rams, 38-24.

Bucknell smelling a potential title show down with the same Rams next month need to keep focus. Boy named Sue will see to that. Bison, 35-21.

Colgate at Albany should be the most competitive game. I see the Raiders taking the Danes to the limit, but they get cursed (for any movie buffs out there)...Albany 27-24

Laughteryette with home field advantage and a healthy QB. Even without, backup seems 'reliable' and the run game should keep Pujols off the field enough. Spotted Pussies, 31-17.

Bill
October 20th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Went 3-1 last week....at 31-11 now. Here it is for week 9 :

FORDHAM @ LEHIGH - Is there an o/u out for this game yet? I haven't placed a bet in over a decade...and if the weather looks good, I'm considering betting the farm on Fordham and/or the over. Factoid of the day: My maternal grandfather went to Fordham...pitcher on baseball team. Rams, 65-17.

BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN - Someone already stole my Johnny Cash joke :(. Christy Mathewson's alma mater, 34-12

COLGATE @ Albany - The Raiders bounce back. Clint Blume's* alma mater prevails, 22-20.

HOLY CROSS @ LAFAYETTE - Yes, I'm unabashedly a TG supporter. I'll take Ownie Carroll's** squad, 38-32.

Rk
Name
Yrs
From
To
ASG
W
L
W-L%
ERA
G
GS
GF
CG
SHO
SV
IP
H
R
ER
HR
BB
IBB
SO
HBP
BK
WP
BF
Yrs@School

Clint Blume (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/blumecl01.shtml)

1919-1922 Pro team: NY Giants

Rk
Name
Yrs
From
To
ASG
W
L
W-L%
ERA
G
GS
GF
CG
SHO
SV
IP
H
R
ER
HR
BB
IBB
SO
HBP
BK
WP
BF
Yrs@School

Jimmy Bannon (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/bannoji01.shtml)

1892-1893

Pat Carney (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/carnepa01.shtml)

1898-1901

Ownie Carroll (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/carroow01.shtml)

1922-1925 Pro Teams: Tigers/Reds/Dodgers/Yanks

TheValleyRaider
October 20th, 2014, 06:45 PM
3-1 last week, 32-10 for the year. Not bad for me, not great for Ivy Week Part 2

Fordham at Lehigh Fordham Historical reputation is the one thing holding me back from a confident pick here. Based on the season so far, it really isn't that much

Bucknell at Georgetown Bucknell Hoyas a bit better than I though, Bucknell not quite as good as I thought, still not enough to pick the upset

Colgate at Albany Colgate Always (almost) a close game against the Danes. Will be curious if Melville is healthy for this one. At the very least, Albany isn't as explosive as Yale...right?

Holy Cross at Lafayette Lafayette I realized this was the only home team I'm picking this week. Interesting. Leopards have looked capable for whole games at a time, HC mostly for parts of games

Pard4Life
October 20th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Don't see why so many giving Lehigh a shot. It's going to be UGLY. If not, Lehigh has a chance to be Lafayette of 2013 (ie not beating Fordham, but instead win the rest of their games)

Lehigh'98
October 20th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Don't see why so many giving Lehigh a shot. It's going to be UGLY. If not, Lehigh has a chance to be Lafayette of 2013 (ie not beating Fordham, but instead win the rest of their games)

Lehigh has zero chance. I'd say they have a punchers chance but they have no punch. Anyone saying they do is either sandbagging or a giant homer.

heath
October 20th, 2014, 08:03 PM
All the visiting teams have a happy ride home celebrating their win

ngineer
October 20th, 2014, 09:13 PM

I think only one daydreamer has actually picked Lehigh. For those of us who think the score may 'respectful', it's because it's football. Strange bounces, weather impacts, stupid penalties, unexpected turnovers is why you tee it up and try for the best and see what breaks. If not, why bother?

ngineer
October 20th, 2014, 09:14 PM
O/U should be about 80.

Southsider
October 21st, 2014, 06:18 AM

P4L, you are seeing what you want to see, not what was posted. Please re-read thread.

Crimson Dad Leopard Grad
October 21st, 2014, 06:30 AM
Fordham @ Lehigh Not close
Bucknell @ Georgetown Hoyas have improved but cant see them scoring enough to win
Colgate @ Albany If Raider QB is 100% this could go the other way Holy Cross @ Lafayette Lafayette has a better D and Holy Cross only plays well 3/4 of each game

RichH2
October 21st, 2014, 08:13 AM
32-10
If history proves true there will be stretches where LU plays very well and competes. Surrounded by periods when Rams dominate. A game similar to UNH. FORDHAM
Bucknell
Albany
Lafayette
I will happily take an 0fer this week.:)

bison137
October 21st, 2014, 09:08 AM
BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN - Someone already stole my Johnny Cash joke :(. Christy Mathewson's alma mater, 34-12

Christy, btw, was an All-American in football.

Pard4Life
October 21st, 2014, 09:39 AM
P4L, you are seeing what you want to see, not what was posted. Please re-read thread.

MANY is relative to this board and I didn't say WIN... there should be no wiggling around it... this is Georgia Tech vs. Cumberland on Saturday...

Bill
October 21st, 2014, 09:42 AM
Christy, btw, was an All-American in football.

Yes! Didn't they name some field after him? xthumbsupx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2014, 09:44 AM
Fordham has never won at Goodman Stadium. With that said, it'll happen this week barring a turnover fiasco or serious injury....

While Lehigh's defense is bad, it's at least getting a little more healthy. I really like Depalma at D/NT. He "looks" much bigger than Gyles which at this point is half the battle. Stubbs and Newton are good to all league at DE. Caslow, arguably their best LB, returned against Cornell. Still, they need to find Groome 5 more games of eligibility. I wouldn't be surprised if Cavenas starts to see a few more snaps. Cornell was a bad offense and outside or 2 plays LU made them look the part.

When it's all said and done, I don't think D's numbers will be as horrific as they started off. One, UNH, Monmouth, JMU, Fordham, Yale and Bucknell all have good to awesome offenses. Two, Lafayette, Georgetown, HC and Colgate do not. Ultimately, they'll be a below average unit but they won't finish among the Ten worst...xembarrassedx

Pard4Life
October 21st, 2014, 09:45 AM
Does this seem like one of the more boring Patriot League seasons in recent memory?

Everything more or less unfolding like it's supposed to... Fordham dominant but uninspiringly blown out in their only real challenge... Lehigh surprisingly awful... Lafayette muddling around with poor coaching... Holy Cross losing close games... Colgate winning but no inspiring or marquee wins... Bucknell playing up to their potential and the Sacred Heart win was nice, but lost badly to a strong Bryant team... Georgetown is Georgetown, but, looked not too shabby at Lafayette...

Bill
October 21st, 2014, 09:53 AM
Does this seem like one of the more boring Patriot League seasons in recent memory?

Only because Lehigh is awful this year :(

This has kept my fellow Lehigh faithful from crowing about how we might surprise someone (or belong in) the playoffs this year...and it has a very interesting effect on people like citdog, who no longer find it amusing to join in the PL "coffee klatch"! xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2014, 09:56 AM

This has kept my fellow Lehigh faithful from crowing about how we might surprise someone (or belong in) the playoffs this year...and it has a very interesting effect on people like citdog, who no longer find it amusing to join in the PL "coffee klatch"! xlolx

You said it not me...xlolx

Honestly though, when Lehigh is in the hunt the league is better off imo. Their ability to make some waves nationally helps the league......xsmiley_wix

Southsider
October 21st, 2014, 10:39 AM
You said it not me...xlolx

Honestly though, when Lehigh is in the hunt the league is better off imo. Their ability to make some waves nationally helps the league......xsmiley_wix

Agree. And the first Pard to comment on this will be?????????????

the last indian
October 21st, 2014, 10:51 AM
I frankly don't care what Lehigh does if they lose to Colgate. The really reason this season lacks drama is, of course, that the playing field is not level and Fordham is the prohibitive favorite. We have a hotly contested race for second, which is not the same a winning the league and getting a playoff bid. On the other hand, if one forgets about the league for the moment and just looks at each individual match up with anyone other than Fordham, I think it is exciting.

FordhamFan
October 21st, 2014, 11:04 AM
I frankly don't care what Lehigh does if they lose to Colgate. The really reason this season lacks drama is, of course, that the playing field is not level and Fordham is the prohibitive favorite. We have a hotly contested race for second, which is not the same a winning the league and getting a playoff bid. On the other hand, if one forgets about the league for the moment and just looks at each individual match up with anyone other than Fordham, I think it is exciting.

Solid point, teams two through five in this conference are all so evenly matched, it makes for great contests every week in the PL.

PAllen
October 21st, 2014, 12:35 PM

Let's not forget that Citdog's team isn't doing much better than the worst of us this year.

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2014, 12:41 PM
Week 9 Sportsbook:

Fordham (-14) at Lehigh o/u 71

Albany (-6½) vs Colgate o/u 44

Lafayette (-16) vs Holy Cross o/u 51

Bucknell (-12) at Georgetown o/u 35

Brown (-11½) vs Cornell o/u 37

Harvard (-6) at Princeton o/u 58

Dartmouth (-28) at Columbia o/u 49

Yale (-16) vs Penn o/u 71

Lehigh Football Nation
October 21st, 2014, 12:42 PM
The reason why this season might be considered "boring" is that there have been no great OOC wins of note. Fordham and Lehigh got creamed by the only Top 25 teams they faced, the league is winless against CAA teams not named Rhode Island and even the Ivy/PL games have played out in an unsatisfying way, with Yale and Harvard beating their PL counterparts, in all cases soundly. When Bucknell beating Sacred Heart or Georgetown beating Brown are your conference's "signature wins", that's not a recipe for "excitement", especially when Bucknell was only avenging Lafayette's prior loss to the Pioneers.

Partial credit given to Colgate for beating Princeton, but had they beaten Delaware or Yale (preferably both), I could see the PL excitement level cranked up more.

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2014, 12:44 PM
Agree. And the first Pard to comment on this will be?????????????

Who's Lehigh? Never heard of them.

EDIT: I went ahead and looked this up. Turns out Lehigh actually is a school started by a guy who got thrown out of Lafayette, designed especially for students who couldn't get into Lafayette, in order to teach them the practical skills they'd need to work for/under graduates of Lafayette. That's the whole truth and I now have the research and historical evidence to back it up. xnodx

Southsider
October 21st, 2014, 01:58 PM
Who's Lehigh? Never heard of them.

EDIT: I went ahead and looked this up. Turns out Lehigh actually is a school started by a guy who got thrown out of Lafayette, designed especially for students who couldn't get into Lafayette, in order to teach them the practical skills they'd need to work for/under graduates of Lafayette. That's the whole truth and I now have the research and historical evidence to back it up. xnodx

Well, it's nice you have something to hang your hat on, 'cause it sure isn't winning sports programs. Seriously, you guys didn't have a single team with a winning record in the '13-'14 school year? Mind blowing!!

Bill
October 21st, 2014, 02:30 PM

Thanks, Mlps ....oops - I mean Bogie!;)

Bill
October 21st, 2014, 02:32 PM
Week 9 Sportsbook:

Is it in violation of forum rules if I advise people to tease Bucknell down to -9, take the over, and tease Fordham up to -17??? Bonus pick: I still like the over even at 71......For entertainment purposes only.

Ivytalk
October 21st, 2014, 02:58 PM
Week 9 Sportsbook:

Princeton is a 6-point home dog against Harvard? Take the Tigers plus the points, especially with the Crimson's injury situation.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 21st, 2014, 03:21 PM
Is it in violation of forum rules if I advise people to tease Bucknell down to -9, take the over, and tease Fordham up to -17??? Bonus pick: I still like the over even at 71......For entertainment purposes only.

I would take a look at Yale -16, too, for entertainment purposes only. A caveat: My picks in this vein this season have most definitely NOT been, um, entertaining.

Fordhamanhattan
October 21st, 2014, 03:25 PM
Go to WFUV's website and search for last night's Monday Night Quarterback and you will get a nice preview of the Fordham-Lehigh fray.

PhillyApp1
October 21st, 2014, 03:25 PM
I would take a look at Yale -16, too, for entertainment purposes only. A caveat: My picks in this vein this season have most definitely NOT been, um, entertaining.

LFN, did you get my private message?
Let me know if you can do anything

Lehigh Football Nation
October 21st, 2014, 03:27 PM
I did not yet, I cleared out my inbox

Lehigh Football Nation
October 21st, 2014, 03:31 PM
Go to WFUV's website and search for last night's Monday Night Quarterback and you will get a nice preview of the Fordham-Lehigh fray.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/8e75e0ee5185b1654c86d375081d95a0/tumblr_msvleobzj11rvn2ylo1_400.gif

"Alright, we're talking here, live from Lombardi's, in the heart of da Brownx, Noo Yawk. The Big Apple, and home, of course, to a certain football team, which has carved out a special place in the pantheon of college football greats. That team, which is known the world over, as.. Da Rams!"

PhillyApp1
October 21st, 2014, 03:34 PM

I sent it about 1 hour ago.

send me a PM and I will respond

Lehigh Football Nation
October 21st, 2014, 03:42 PM
I am now tossed between switching to the George Wendt Super Ram Fan avatar and my good-luck avatar from last week. Of course, if Bogie could provide me a cool photoshopped version, that would make the decision easy.

EDIT: Something like this, with Nebrich in it:

https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7d3btgm4e1qebvfho1_500.jpg

For entertainment purposes only, of course.

Sader87
October 21st, 2014, 03:56 PM
http://33.media.tumblr.com/8e75e0ee5185b1654c86d375081d95a0/tumblr_msvleobzj11rvn2ylo1_400.gif

"Alright, we're talking here, live from Lombardi's, in the heart of da Brownx, Noo Yawk. The Big Apple, and home, of course, to a certain football team, which has carved out a special place in the pantheon of college football greats. That team, which is known the world over, as.. Da Rams!"

It won't be close, I'll go: mini-Rams 87 Lehigh 6. Engineers score late, miss the extra-point.

KPSUL
October 21st, 2014, 04:06 PM
Fordham has never won at Goodman Stadium. With that said, it'll happen this week barring a turnover fiasco or serious injury....

While Lehigh's defense is bad, it's at least getting a little more healthy. I really like Depalma at D/NT. He "looks" much bigger than Gyles which at this point is half the battle. Stubbs and Newton are good to all league at DE. Caslow, arguably their best LB, returned against Cornell. Still, they need to find Groome 5 more games of eligibility. I wouldn't be surprised if Cavenas starts to see a few more snaps. Cornell was a bad offense and outside or 2 plays LU made them look the part.

When it's all said and done, I don't think D's numbers will be as horrific as they started off. One, UNH, Monmouth, JMU, Fordham, Yale and Bucknell all have good to awesome offenses. Two, Lafayette, Georgetown, HC and Colgate do not. Ultimately, they'll be a below average unit but they won't finish among the Ten worst...xembarrassedx

Lehigh may be the best 1 and 5 team in FCS this year. UNH did score at will in the 1st half, but Lehigh won the 2nd half and prevented Coach McDonnell from resting starters. JMU has a lot of talent and it took a blocked field goal to beat Lehigh. I think there is a still some potential there, add in perhaps the strongest football tradition in the Patriot Conference and I don't think Lehigh Alumni and fans should write off this game or the season just yet.

PhillyApp1
October 21st, 2014, 04:15 PM

I got your PM but It says your inbox is full
clear it out and resend me a message please

Lehigh Football Nation
October 21st, 2014, 04:19 PM
Lehigh may be the best 1 and 5 team in FCS this year. UNH did score at will in the 1st half, but Lehigh won the 2nd half and prevented Coach McDonnell from resting starters. JMU has a lot of talent and it took a blocked field goal to beat Lehigh. I think there is a still some potential there, add in perhaps the strongest football tradition in the Patriot Conference and I don't think Lehigh Alumni and fans should write off this game or the season just yet.

No, I didn't write this. Just wanted to head this off at the pass.

Sader87
October 21st, 2014, 04:32 PM
Holy Cross could have been in the Patriot Conference....

van
October 21st, 2014, 04:50 PM

possibly, but 1-5 is 1-5, nothing to be proud of

KPSUL
October 21st, 2014, 04:57 PM
No, I didn't write this. Just wanted to head this off at the pass.

You want to make this comment a little clearer, I'm sorry but I graduated from a state university.

The Boogie Down
October 21st, 2014, 05:32 PM

Replace the blue with maroon and this becomes a +1,000,000! Too bad Holy Cross never accepted that invite into the NFC Norris. Lombardi's Packers vs. Eddie Anderson's Crusaders woulda made for some good football.

heath
October 21st, 2014, 07:00 PM
I got your PM but It says your inbox is full
clear it out and resend me a message please
geesh philly, stop begging for 150 tickets. You are looking in the wrong placexlolxxlolxxlolx

Fordham
October 21st, 2014, 08:07 PM
Holy Cross could have been in the Patriot Conference....
xlolx

van
October 21st, 2014, 09:11 PM
after 4 and O week, 30-12 on the season

FORDHAM @ LEHIGH, Rams are very good and know how to win

BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN, Buffs should win, but Hoyas not the push over some think they are

COLGATE @ Albany, not sold on Gators although Danes not that impressive either

HOLY CROSS @ LAFAYETTE, Pards at home enough to seal the win

Go...gate
October 21st, 2014, 09:27 PM

xconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedx

- - - Updated - - -

xlolx

GREAT avatar, Fordham!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2014, 09:52 PM
xconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedx

- - - Updated - - -

GREAT avatar, Fordham!

I would say in the 1AA era Lehigh has been the most consistently good program. They've reached a few heights that others have not (undefeated seasons, Top 25 rankings, 10 win seasons, PL Champs, winning %). Colgate is #2 imo. The Raiders had some real ugly years and they've struggled against scholarship teams outside of 2003. Their playoff performances have not been pretty. Honestly, 1AA alone and it's Lehigh-Colgate and everyone else. Holy Cross had the highest of highs imo, but that was just a blip on the radar.

Every Lehigh coach in the 1AA era (Whitehead, Small, Higgins, Lembo and Coen) posted winning marks at Lehigh and left on their own terms. Lehigh has been about more than one coach, one player for the last 35 years. That's why the ship will be headed back on course in due time.

NY Crusader 2010
October 21st, 2014, 10:15 PM
I'm sure the ship will be on course when they play HC in a couple weeks...

Sader87
October 21st, 2014, 10:18 PM
I would say in the 1AA era Lehigh has been the most consistently good program. They've reached a few heights that others have not (undefeated seasons, Top 25 rankings, 10 win seasons, PL Champs, winning %). Colgate is #2 imo. The Raiders had some real ugly years and they've struggled against scholarship teams outside of 2003. Their playoff performances have not been pretty. Honestly, 1AA alone and it's Lehigh-Colgate and everyone else. Holy Cross had the highest of highs imo, but that was just a blip on the radar.

Every Lehigh coach in the 1AA era (Whitehead, Small, Higgins, Lembo and Coen) posted winning marks at Lehigh and left on their own terms. Lehigh has been about more than one coach, one player for the last 35 years. That's why the ship will be headed back on course in due time.

Shaddup....HC was not a "blip on the radah".....it had the best teams the PL evah had from 1986-1991....when and if we get some decent coaching, HC could once again be the best team in a scholarship PL.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2014, 10:29 PM
Shaddup....HC was not a "blip on the radah".....it had the best teams the PL evah had from 1986-1991....when and if we get some decent coaching, HC could once again be the best team in a scholarship PL.

The '87 team was the best ever no doubt. But we're literally talking about 25% of the PL era and even less of 1AA football....

I'd put '98, '00, '01, '11 Lehigh and '03 Colgate against the rest of those HC teams. It's a shame you checked out in the late 90's and early 00's. Lehigh and Colgate had some truly special teams. Lehigh had 3 undefeated regular seasons in a 4 year span. Their only loss came at Colgate in '99. The Raiders finished 10-1 that year. You might never see a run like Lehigh had again....

You even acknowledge that HC needs more than just good coaching to get back on top. The administration needs to get on board. Perhaps with the new AD.....

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2014, 08:10 AM
How quickly we forget Colgate's NCG run

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2014, 10:24 AM
The weather in Bethlehem is supposed to be great this weekend for the Fordham game. This may or may not be good news for Lehigh fans.

Lehigh'98
October 22nd, 2014, 11:06 AM
Lehigh has owned Fordham and Bucknell up until last year. Both teams will take any and all opportunities to embarass us. Bucknell has done it 2 yrs in a row and Fordham will as well Saturday. What is the Goodman record for points scored by one team? Fordham may break it 66-35..

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2014, 11:31 AM
Lehigh has owned Fordham and Bucknell up until last year. Both teams will take any and all opportunities to embarass us. Bucknell has done it 2 yrs in a row and Fordham will as well Saturday. What is the Goodman record for points scored by one team? Fordham may break it 66-35..

Lehigh 69 Georgetown 0 2002

RichH2
October 22nd, 2014, 12:44 PM
Yosha back for LU this weekend. Probably not enuf but sure cant hurt. Glad he's healthy again.

PAllen
October 22nd, 2014, 12:53 PM
Lehigh 69 Georgetown 0 2002

The records will be falling. What's the over-under on yds allowed? Can Fordham hit the thousand yard mark in a single game?

RichH2
October 22nd, 2014, 01:21 PM
O/U on yards should be 1400. :)

carney2
October 22nd, 2014, 01:58 PM
Week 9 Sportsbook:

Bogie, I'm asking for a recount. Lafayette a more prohibitive favorite than Fordham? No way. Either a Bogie typo or too much booze in Vegas.

Update: Reed is looking more and more like Saturday's starter for Lafayette at QB with each passing day.

Sader87
October 22nd, 2014, 02:02 PM
It should be Laffy -6 (a rare Bogey miscue)....I checked on that yesterday....

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2014, 02:39 PM
It should be Laffy -6 (a rare Bogey miscue)....I checked on that yesterday....

Thanks for the fix and sorry for the error. I'm a bit out of commission this week.

ColgateTD
October 22nd, 2014, 04:47 PM
An underwhelming 30-12 so far.

Fordham - no problem
Bucknell - shouldn't be a problem
HC - might be a problem or might not
Colgate - last week's beatdown by Yale should have awakened the Red Raiders. If they did their homework I see a win in Albany.

ngineer
October 22nd, 2014, 09:49 PM
Yes, a nice hurricane would be welcome in Bethlehem this Saturday. Something on the order of 2004, I think, when Holy Cross slipped by us in the infamous deluge. "The Great Equalizer" does not appear to be on our horizon this weekend.

Pard4Life
October 23rd, 2014, 11:25 AM
Yes, a nice hurricane would be welcome in Bethlehem this Saturday. Something on the order of 2004, I think, when Holy Cross slipped by us in the infamous deluge. "The Great Equalizer" does not appear to be on our horizon this weekend.

That was 2005. In all fairness, there were a few hurricanes in those seasons. That's the weekend when Columbia played Lafayette in the Mud Bowl. Proudly, I was there but watched the second half in Kirby. It was just too much.

FordhamFan
October 23rd, 2014, 11:41 AM
God I hope it doesn't rain at Goodman on Saturday..

Lehigh Football Nation
October 23rd, 2014, 11:45 AM
God I hope it doesn't rain at Goodman on Saturday..

Current forecast calls for 0% chance of rain on Saturday.

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/18018

FordhamFan
October 23rd, 2014, 11:46 AM
Current forecast calls for 0% chance of rain on Saturday.

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/18018

Still too high for my liking..xlolx

Southsider
October 23rd, 2014, 12:17 PM
Still too high for my liking..xlolx

Getting a little nervous? All the pressure is on the Ramsxsmiley_wix

ccd494
October 23rd, 2014, 12:45 PM
Off topic, but what was a Lehigh athletics bus doing in Portland, Maine yesterday? I checked the Lehigh site, didn't seem to be anything going on that made sense. Bus was downtown, kind of in the area it may have come off an international ferry from Canada.

RichH2
October 23rd, 2014, 01:03 PM
Guessing lax fall ball, or it was hijacked for a joyride :)

LehighU11
October 23rd, 2014, 01:12 PM
Off topic, but what was a Lehigh athletics bus doing in Portland, Maine yesterday? I checked the Lehigh site, didn't seem to be anything going on that made sense. Bus was downtown, kind of in the area it may have come off an international ferry from Canada.

I can't say for sure, but it appears that Lehigh may rent out their athletics buses for third-party travel events. Back in early August, I saw a Lehigh Athletics bus at Whirlpool State Park in NY, just up the road from Niagara Falls. A bunch of tourists later boarded the bus who didn't appear to have any obvious connection to the University.

Perhaps with a home football game this weekend, the bus was rented out for a trip to Nova Scotia. Free advertising, eh?

jimbo65
October 23rd, 2014, 01:17 PM

What I heard was that a bunch of Lehigh fans want to be out of town this Saturday.

ccd494
October 23rd, 2014, 01:26 PM
I can't say for sure, but it appears that Lehigh may rent out their athletics buses for third-party travel events. Back in early August, I saw a Lehigh Athletics bus at Whirlpool State Park in NY, just up the road from Niagara Falls. A bunch of tourists later boarded the bus who didn't appear to have any obvious connection to the University.

Perhaps with a home football game this weekend, the bus was rented out for a trip to Nova Scotia. Free advertising, eh?

That makes sense. Leaf peeping season up here too.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 23rd, 2014, 01:28 PM
What I heard was that a bunch of Lehigh fans want to be out of town this Saturday.

xlolx Folks will have me to kick around at Murray Goodman, however.

Pard4Life
October 23rd, 2014, 01:30 PM

You got me... I stole the bus so I could use it in an international jewel heist and frame the Lehigh football team.

carney2
October 23rd, 2014, 02:50 PM

Just one of those great Lehigh minds following the shortest route from Bethlehem to Philadelphia.

blackbeard
October 23rd, 2014, 02:53 PM

Lehigh would certainly know about hijacking......be it a bus or a thread

Lehigh Football Nation
October 23rd, 2014, 02:53 PM

A common problem: you have us confused with Lafayette.

blackbeard
October 23rd, 2014, 02:54 PM
FORDHAM
BUCKNELL
Albany
LAFAYETTE

RichH2
October 23rd, 2014, 03:06 PM
Shocked,just shocked. We may redirect a thread,once in a while,but hijack. Nay not us.;) xangelxxangelx

Southsider
October 23rd, 2014, 03:24 PM
Just one of those great Lehigh minds following the shortest route from Bethlehem to Philadelphia.

LOL......one of your better ones.....xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 23rd, 2014, 05:09 PM
Game preview of Lehigh and Fordham

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/10/game-preview-fordham-at-lehigh-10252013.html

Excited to see this one at Murray Goodman.

Bill
October 23rd, 2014, 06:39 PM
Can anyone go back and formally edit the title of this thread? I can't stand the fact that "League" is spelled
"Leasgue"Can I blame Carney and his Lafayette edumacation? ;)

carney2
October 23rd, 2014, 07:16 PM
Can anyone go back and formally edit the title of this thread? I can't stand the fact that "League" is spelled
"Leasgue"

Can I blame Carney and his Lafayette edumacation? ;)

Even the folks on this board needa little s once in a while. You should be grateful.

To the best of my knowledge thread titles cannot be edited.

ngineer
October 23rd, 2014, 07:28 PM

+1

ngineer
October 23rd, 2014, 07:30 PM

Hey, the passengers said they wanted to go to the "Maine Line" and that is where they were taken.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, the passengers said they wanted to go to the "Maine Line" and that is where they were taken.

CHIP72
October 24th, 2014, 12:01 AM

The reason is quite obvious - the Lehigh football team went missing prior to the New Hampshire game and still hasn't been found (the "team's" performance since then does support that hypothesis), so the university figured they'd try searching in Maine.

I'm optimistic the university will have more success finding the team than O.J. Simpson did in finding the real killer.

Fordhamanhattan
October 24th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Lehigh has been the gold standard for this league and very poor hosts for their Bronx based guests on 12 separate occasions, mind you. Fordham coach was on the guest list on two early occasions. But on tomorrow's visit to Lehigh Valley, it will be the Rams of Fordham who ruin the erstwhile Engineers' homecoming. The Brown clad quarterback seems erratic while Mike Nebrich has been improving every game as he appears to be approaching full strength. The Brown have some quality ball carriers but the Maroon colored have the best in the league and plus a defense that has been able to stop the run. One player who gets overlooked in the Ram offensive arsenal is our All-League tight end who is a big kid and exceptional athlete who was a very good St. John's Prep/Mass quarterback but now does the little things that don't get noticed like block for our running game and passing game. Every now and then he drops the dirty duties and grabs a key pass. Fordham 56 Lehigh 20
Bucknell always scares Fordham so I pick them to upend the Hoya 24-14
I pick an upset for Holy Cross 32-28
In the upstate New York, I favor the private school over the school with the ugliest campus in New York State sprawling system (and that's saying a lot if you've seen Stony Brooks concrete plazas) 23-0

PAllen
October 24th, 2014, 09:06 AM

B, double E, double R, U, N - BEER RUN

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2014, 09:28 AM
B, double E, double R, U, N - BEER RUN

That makes no sense. The best liquor stores are in New Hampshire.

PAllen
October 24th, 2014, 09:32 AM
That makes no sense. The best liquor stores are in New Hampshire.

Yes, but there are some very nice beers that are available in Canada that are illegal to import into the US. It's been a few decades, but I did chip in for a piece of the contraband from an international beer run in my time on south mountain.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Yes, but there are some very nice beers that are available in Canada that are illegal to import into the US. It's been a few decades, but I did chip in for a piece of the contraband from an international beer run in my time on south mountain.

Cheap Molson for all!

Gangtackle11
October 24th, 2014, 09:36 AM
FORDHAM @ LEHIGH

BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN

COLGATE @ Albany

HOLY CROSS @ LAFAYETTE

Bill
October 24th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Yes, but there are some very nice beers that are available in Canada that are illegal to import into the US.

It's Friday....and 5:00 somewhere...anyhow, what makes these beers "illegal"? Just curious!

PAllen
October 24th, 2014, 10:50 AM
It's Friday....and 5:00 somewhere...anyhow, what makes these beers "illegal"? Just curious!

I have no idea, all I know is that there are a few that (at least in the past) were banned from import. No clue why, but I did have one friend busted with a group coming back across the border. Luckily, they were busted by the canadian agent still on the northern side of the line. Someone in the group was a quick thinker and upon being informed that they would be breaking the law if they transported the cases into the US, asked to pull over into the inspection area. Still technically in Canada, they pulled the beer out onto the parking lot and began to drink. No one remembered exactly how much was left over, but eventually, the Canadian authorities told them to leave the beer and be on their way.

Sader87
October 24th, 2014, 11:00 AM
34-8 on the year, C&P'd from CROSSPORTS:

The HAL9000 is in a bit bettah mood as he is once again on top of the food chain here. This is a tough week....strong arguments could be made for both sides in 3 of the 4 tilts this weekend. HAL is going with:

Fordham 37 Lehigh 24 This may actually be a tougher game than some realize. FU has nevah won at Lehigh but HAL believes the Rams have too many weapons to fall in this one.

Albany 24 Colgate 20 The Great Danes seem to be improving every week...eke out this intra-state battle.

Bucknell 17 GTown 14 HAL went back and forth on this one but ultimately went with the Bison who return some of their weapons this week.

Lafayette 27 Holy Cross 24 HAL sees the Crusaders taking a 17-7 halftime lead, squandering that lead in the 3rd Quarter and then not quite pulling the game out at the finish.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction of Lehigh/Fordham this weekend:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/10/game-breakdown-fordham-at-lehigh.html

Kramden
October 24th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Does anyone know if Colgate's QB will start (Devlin) or are they going with the Freshman who played against Yale?

Gater
October 24th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Rumor on the Colgate board is that Melville (the sophomore starter) is out for the season and Mooney (freshman) will get his second start. Melville is the faster of the two and the coaches always talk about his decision making as a real strength. He's had very few turnovers this season and some long runs. He got hurt on the last play against Princeton (where he passed for over 300 yards and made his best throws of the season). Tough break for him. Mooney is bigger and has the stronger arm. He started against Yale and played better than his numbers show--some drops hurt. It will be interesting to see how Mooney plays with a game under his belt against a very good Albany defense.

Leopard Loyalist
October 24th, 2014, 01:25 PM
FORDHAM @ LEHIGH

BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN

COLGATE @ Albany

HOLY CROSS @ LAFAYETTE

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2014, 02:32 PM
4-0 Last week, 33-9 Overall....

Bucknell 27 Georgetown 17 - The Hoya's are not a pushover. Even so, the Bison roll on...

Colgate 24 Albany 21 - Both of these teams are battle tested. I'll take the Raiders to bounce back. The winner will keep their playoff hopes alive...

Lafayette 30 Holy Cross 21 - Lafayette is pretty good at home while the Crusaders are on the roadie from hell....

Fordham 47 Lehigh 31 - It won't be too ugly....

bison137
October 24th, 2014, 02:47 PM
34-8 on the year, C&P'd from CROSSPORTS:

The HAL9000 is in a bit bettah mood as he is once again on top of the food chain here. This is a tough week....strong arguments could be made for both sides in 3 of the 4 tilts this weekend. HAL is going with:

Fordham 37 Lehigh 24 This may actually be a tougher game than some realize. FU has nevah won at Lehigh but HAL believes the Rams have too many weapons to fall in this one.

Albany 24 Colgate 20 The Great Danes seem to be improving every week...eke out this intra-state battle.

Bucknell 17 GTown 14 HAL went back and forth on this one but ultimately went with the Bison who return some of their weapons this week.

Lafayette 27 Holy Cross 24 HAL sees the Crusaders taking a 17-7 halftime lead, squandering that lead in the 3rd Quarter and then not quite pulling the game out at the finish.

Apparently it's tougher to get to the top of the food chain on this board.

35-7 overall record.

This week:

Fordham by 13

Albany by 6

Lafayette by a FG

Bucknell by 6

Fordham
October 24th, 2014, 03:04 PM
most on the Fordham board very worried about this one. I think it'll be close in the first half but I do think we'll pull away in the second.

Sader87
October 24th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Apparently it's tougher to get to the top of the food chain on this board.

35-7 overall record.

This week:

Fordham by 13

Albany by 6

Lafayette by a FG

Bucknell by 6

Well aren't you special????

We have a fair amount of non-HC prognosticators in our board's "pick 'em" contest....feel free to join.

Lehigh'98
October 24th, 2014, 04:59 PM
most on the Fordham board very worried about this one. I think it'll be close in the first half but I do think we'll pull away in the second.

No need to worry! Just hope Nebrich is out by half to stay healthy.

Sandlapper Spike
October 24th, 2014, 07:37 PM
FORDHAM @ LEHIGH

BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN

COLGATE @ Albany

HOLY CROSS @ LAFAYETTE

Pard4Life
October 24th, 2014, 08:58 PM
4-0 last week; I can't count so I forget my overall.

Fordham 49, Lehigh 21... curses are only for Lafayette

Bucknell 35, Georgeton 14... Lafayette makes bad teams look good

Albany 27, Colgate 24... Gate may be for real if they win

Lafayette 28, Holy Cross 26... every game except last year since 2006 has been weird. Expect something weird to happen at Fisher that leads to a Pard win

Go...gate
October 24th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Bucknell 22, Georgetown 14

Albany 30, Colgate 21

Lafayette 23, Holy Cross 17

Fordham 38, Lehigh 28

Bonus Picks: Harvard 38, Princeton 34; Hun 26, Lawrenceville 23

toddcudd
October 24th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Gate and 'pards by more than expected. Lehigh loses late, closer than expected, on a late missed short FG.

Pard4Life
October 24th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Bucknell 22, Georgetown 14

Albany 30, Colgate 21

Lafayette 23, Holy Cross 17

Fordham 38, Lehigh 28

Bonus Picks: Harvard 38, Princeton 34; Hun 26, Lawrenceville 23

Keep doubting Lawrenceville...

The Boogie Down
October 24th, 2014, 11:33 PM
4-0 last week; I can't count so I forget my overall.

Fordham 49, Lehigh 21... curses are only for Lafayette

Bucknell 35, Georgeton 14... Lafayette makes bad teams look good

Albany 27, Colgate 24... Gate may be for real if they win

Lafayette 28, Holy Cross 26... every game except last year since 2006 has been weird. Expect something weird to happen at Fisher that leads to a Pard win

I think this is the post which gets me out of AGS probation! Not a bad time too, because I always look forward to LFN's pre-game Fordham writeup. There's always something there which brings out a ha-ha or two. Then the game rolls around and the chuckles come to a crashing halt. Not this year. FORDHAM by a whole lot!

As for Pard's quote well, I was also 4-0 last week but CAN count so I forget my overall too.
FORDHAM… curses, schmurses, ain't no stopping Deez RAMS!
Bucknell… Georgetown is better than most thought but still N/G.
Albany… One of these teams is faking da funk. I guess I'll give the home club one more week to pretend they're for real.
Lafayette… If we're expecting weird we'll get a straight forward and straight up beat down. Cougars due to explode, Cross due to implode.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2014, 11:42 PM
I think this is the post which gets me out of AGS probation! Not a bad time too, because I always look forward to LFN's pre-game Fordham writeup. There's always something there which brings out a ha-ha or two. Then the game rolls around and the chuckles come to a crashing halt.

Glad I can be entertaining. Hope you enjoy your Bronx Martini before the game.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/10/game-preview-fordham-at-lehigh-10252013.html

Last week, I went 4-0. This week, I hope to get one game wrong.

Fordham 38, Lehigh 35 (game breakdown here (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/10/game-breakdown-fordham-at-lehigh.html))

Bucknell 31, Georgetown 10 - Improved or not, hard to see Hoyas scoring enough points to keep this close.

Albany 30, Colgate 23 - Freshman QB probably not enough to take on the CAA.

Lafayette 38, Holy Cross 23 - Leopards finally get someone their own size to pick on.

Pards Rule
October 25th, 2014, 04:08 AM
No need to worry! Just hope Nebrich is out by half to stay healthy.

They had him in every play of the Lafayette game I saw. Sure it was payback for last year's upset. Duly noted for when the programs are at par.

ColgateTD
October 25th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Albany 30, Colgate 21

C'mon brother.....you don't pick against old Alma Mater in a toss-up game.

The Boogie Down
October 25th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Glad I can be entertaining. Hope you enjoy your Bronx Martini before the game.

Last week, I went 4-0. This week, I hope to get one game wrong.

Fordham 38, Lehigh 35 (game breakdown here (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/10/game-breakdown-fordham-at-lehigh.html))

Bucknell 31, Georgetown 10 - Improved or not, hard to see Hoyas scoring enough points to keep this close.

Albany 30, Colgate 23 - Freshman QB probably not enough to take on the CAA.

Lafayette 38, Holy Cross 23 - Leopards finally get someone their own size to pick on.

Yeah, you often entertain me but not in a Ray Liotta/Joe Pesci "Goodfellas" way... Anyway, so here's my Breakfast of Champions! Bronx Martini, inspired by LFN but prepared w/some red vermouth by yours truly. Fordham Frittata (paying homage to our French Jesuit founding fathers, the somewhat forgotten Latin American student body which made up many of our early classes, our more numerous and celebrated Irish population, but at heart, still remaining mostly Italian in honor of our greatest alumnus) created by the wifey. She can't stand college football, particularly I-AA college football, but man, can she cook! Inquire within for all yummy recipe details! Seriously, you'll be doing yourself a favor... 19908

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Fordham 14-0 2:46 1Q

Lehigh's defense is making Fordham work but can't make a play when needed. The Rams converted a 3rd and 8 on their first scoring drive and 4th and 6 on their second....

Fordham
October 25th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Maybe Lehigh will pick it up but they have come outside the worst team we have faced so far this year. Hope I'm not hexing us but that's my observation thus far

Sader87
October 25th, 2014, 12:15 PM
This game could get very ugly.....total domination overall so fah.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Maybe Lehigh will pick it up but they have come outside the worst team we have faced so far this year. Hope I'm not hexing us but that's my observation thus far

Their defense is a mess. A terrible PI penalty on 3rd down to keep another drive going. The DB just ran into the WR when he could have had a pick if he turned around....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 12:23 PM
21-0 Fordham 12:28 2Q...

The Rams might have 400+ yards in the first half. Lehigh had 3 great opportunities to get off the field on each of the Rams scoring drives but choked terribly each time. That PI on the flea-flicker was horrific....

Lehigh'98
October 25th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Not sure how anyone picked this to be close. 1 win vs Cornell doesn't equate to turning a season around.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 12:37 PM
TD Lehigh after they convert a 4th down..

Fordham 21-7 5:55 2Q

If Lehigh wants to make this interesting they MUST get a stop. LU gets the ball after half....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Fordham no respect for LU defense. They go for 4th and 1 at their own 45 and get it....make a freakin play defense

Then Fordham scores on the next play. I've never seen a game where the defense is given ample opportunities to do SOMETHING and comes up small EVERYTIME!!

28-7 Fordham 5:07 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Parrish with a sick TD catch between 3 FU defenders. Lehigh basically went right down the field....

If Lehigh had any semblance of a defense. Their offense is legitimately good...

28-14 2:32 2q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 12:54 PM
LOL...

Fordham returns the ensuing KO for a TD....but it was called back

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Doesn't matter....Fordham scores a few plays later. I can't imagine what it must feel like to play offense for Lehigh. You literally get ZERO help from your defense. Edmonds has 4 rushing TD's....

35-14 :44 2Q

Sader87
October 25th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Fordham O vs Lehigh D is about as big a mismatch I've seen all year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Fordham O vs Lehigh D is about as big a mismatch I've seen all year.

The UNH game might have been worse. This is terrible because the defense has had chances to get off the field....

Franks Tanks
October 25th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Parrish with a sick TD catch between 3 FU defenders. Lehigh basically went right down the field....

If Lehigh had any semblance of a defense. Their offense is legitimately good...

28-14 2:32 2q

Lehigh has a good running game, but I think Lehigh completed 6 passes for 63 yards in the half, and about 50 of them came on one play.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Lehigh has a good running game, but I think Lehigh completed 6 passes for 63 yards in the half, and about 50 of them came on one play.

Shaf has done what is needed passing. Running the ball and trying to control the clock is the right idea.....

Franks Tanks
October 25th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Shaf has done what is needed passing. Running the ball and trying to control the clock is the right idea.....

But none of that is occurring. Need more than 62 yards passing in a half.

Lehigh'98
October 25th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Lehigh's offense is average at best. They get no D support, but they don't make clutch plays when needed most.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 01:26 PM
But none of that is occurring. Need more than 62 yards passing in a half.

They need to run more than 25 plays in a half. Forcing a punt would certainly help....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 01:30 PM
3rd and 11 Fordham converts, next play Edmonds up the gut for a 40 yard TD....good grief....

42-14 10:24 3Q

Sader87
October 25th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Be curious how long Nebrich stays in this game....

Lehigh'98
October 25th, 2014, 01:38 PM
They may go for 70 this game. O/U was 71. Easiest play of week

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Shaf with his second TD pass...

45-21 3:19 3Q

CHIP72
October 25th, 2014, 01:50 PM
I only started watching at halftime, but it would be nice if the Bethlehem police would respond to that APB missing persons report for the Lehigh defense.

Good to see the Lehigh offense still competing. Now 45-21 Fordham.

Sader87
October 25th, 2014, 01:50 PM
This game is going to get very chippy I predict.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Fordham will punt!! xhypedx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Shaf is a tough SOB. I love the way the kid plays. Lehigh is driving again.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 02:07 PM
TD Lehigh! Shaf with TD pass 3! He was awesome on that drive...

45-27 after failed 2 pt attempt...11:52 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 02:46 PM
48-27 final

Lehigh kept fighting the whole time on offense. The D is truly terrible but showed pride in second half.

Shaf and OL very good...

Lehigh'98
October 25th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Did Fordham call off the dogs in the 2nd half?

CHIP72
October 25th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Did Fordham call off the dogs in the 2nd half?

I don't think Fordham's dogs have been trained to do that, based on their games earlier this season.

Southsider
October 25th, 2014, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;2166069]48-27 final

Lehigh kept fighting the whole time on offense. The D is truly terrible but showed pride in second half.

Shaf and OL very good..

Really? I like the kids guts, but this team will not succeed w/o a pure passer, and Shaf is not it. The TD that #5 caught was short, and into double coverage. #5 just made a great play. Andy said after the game that he was very dissapointed by the fact that, given 3 shots to get 4 yards, the passing game couldn't get it done. Also, what was the bonehead call by Coen to take the holding penalty after a 7 yard loss in Q-1? Not a game changer by any stretch, but mind boggling?? This team has not improved much throughout the season. Very dissapointing!

Sader87
October 25th, 2014, 03:41 PM
HC 14 Laffy 0 late 2nd Typical HC, dominating the 1st H....plenty of time to blow this xdrunkyx

van
October 25th, 2014, 04:17 PM

Shaf and OL very good..

Really? I like the kids guts, but this team will not succeed w/o a pure passer, and Shaf is not it. The TD that #5 caught was short, and into double coverage. #5 just made a great play. Andy said after the game that he was very dissapointed by the fact that, given 3 shots to get 4 yards, the passing game couldn't get it done. Also, what was the bonehead call by Coen to take the holding penalty after a 7 yard loss in Q-1? Not a game changer by any stretch, but mind boggling?? This team has not improved much throughout the season. Very dissapointing!

+1

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2014, 05:17 PM

Shaf and OL very good..

I don't know that Shaf can't be that guy at this point. For one, Lehigh does not have a legit #1 WR. Parrish is pretty good, Yansane'esque, but not the guy you can count on time after time imo. Given the defense right now, you simply can't be chucking the ball all over the lot. The WR's aren't good enough and the defense is beyond terrible. Quick 3 and out's and things would be even uglier. I feel like the offense that is being used is the best one given the circumstances. Lehigh's strength is running the ball behind a good OL. If they had Spadola, Drawl or Kurfis out there perhaps tossing around a few more times would have better results...

The OC has a brutally tough job. How do you call a game where you have to score EVERY possession in the first half to keep up? There isn't an easy answer imo....

CHIP72
October 25th, 2014, 05:18 PM
It looks like Holy Cross will hold on. They lead Lafayette 24-14 with less than 3 minutes to go in regulation. (They led at one point 21-0.)

BucBisonAtLarge
October 25th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Bucknell held off a very persistent Georgetown today, 22-17 on the road. The Bison have only one road game remaining (@HC).

Southsider
October 25th, 2014, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE=Southsider;2166125]

I don't know that Shaf can't be that guy at this point. For one, Lehigh does not have a legit #1 WR. Parrish is pretty good, Yansane'esque, but not the guy you can count on time after time imo. Given the defense right now, you simply can't be chucking the ball all over the lot. The WR's aren't good enough and the defense is beyond terrible. Quick 3 and out's and things would be even uglier. I feel like the offense that is being used is the best one given the circumstances. Lehigh's strength is running the ball behind a good OL. If they had Spadola, Drawl or Kurfis out there perhaps tossing around a few more times would have better results...

The OC has a brutally tough job. How do you call a game where you have to score EVERY possession in the first half to keep up? There isn't an easy answer imo....

True enough Owl.....Just don't know what to think anymore. Anyway, watching your Owls now!

FordhamFan
October 25th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Great day at Goodman, heard from the grapevine people weren't showing up as much due to the lack of success, good turnout.

Few things:

- That might have been the weirdest pregame I've ever seen. Lehigh had literally zero excitement, the stadium was dead (Goodman needs a new sound system desperately), and the only excitement came from Fordham players trying to inject some juice into the pregame or the Lehigh band playing. It was very off to see.

- I am a big fan of the Lehigh band. Mostly because I just wish Fordham had that kind of band, but bands can really add a lot to the game's atmosphere.

- Lehigh's offense is, like stated earlier, getting there. Quarterback is a talented kid. Shifty as hell. Single-handedly kept the game interesting because had he not been able to make some moves, there would have been a lot more stops by the Fordham D. Don't think the QB is much of a thrower yet. They tried to roll him out on almost any throw longer than 5 yards. I'm sure he's progressing but that didn't help things.

- Fordham's offense was doing anything it wanted against Lehigh's D. I honestly don't think it's personnel that holds Lehigh's D back, more so they just make mistakes and kind of make it easy for the offense. CB #1 is a mess. Kid had I think 3 bad PI calls against him and on one TD run for Edmonds he literally had just stopped playing and was playing patty-cake with Ajala in the endzone as Edmonds ran his way. It was hilarious.

- I do think Lehigh's D buckled down in the second half. Fordham missed some opportunities with penalties and Nebrich under throwing Tebucky Jones on an easy score, but they definitely showed pride...something expected from a good program

- Glad to be 1-13 at Goodman.

Sader87
October 25th, 2014, 08:49 PM
I defy you to "power-rank" teams #2-7 in the PL this year. You could make a case that there is almost zero difference between those teams.

Gun to my head, I'd go:

1. FU Probably the most dominant team (within the league) since the '87 Saders...maybe some of those of LU teams.

2. Colgate But only slightly....still contend HC could and should have beat them.

3. HC A team very much "less than the sum of its pahts"....should probably be 6-3 or 5-4 right now.

4 Bucknell Have really played no one of any significance yet. Still a mystery imo....

5 Lafayette Similar to HC.....find ways to disappoint.

6 Lehigh Better than their fans think but still not good.

7 GTown Again the difference between #7 and #2 is minute....someone has to be #7.

The league, outside of Fordham, is pretty bad this year.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 25th, 2014, 11:57 PM
1. I got the wrong game wrong - Lafayette/HC. Otherwise a solid 3-1.

2. I'm starting to think Nick Shafnisky, Drew Reed, and Petey Pujals are all the same QB in different uniforms.

3. I wish our OC would have tried the same gameplan vs. Fordham that Gilmore executed successfully vs. the Pards.

Crimson Dad Leopard Grad
October 26th, 2014, 04:19 AM
I defy you to "power-rank" teams #2-7 in the PL this year. You could make a case that there is almost zero difference between those teams.

Gun to my head, I'd go:

1. FU Probably the most dominant team (within the league) since the '87 Saders...maybe some of those of LU teams.

2. Colgate But only slightly....still contend HC could and should have beat them.

3. HC A team very much "less than the sum of its pahts"....should probably be 6-3 or 5-4 right now.

4 Bucknell Have really played no one of any significance yet. Still a mystery imo....

5 Lafayette Similar to HC.....find ways to disappoint.

6 Lehigh Better than their fans think but still not good.

7 GTown Again the difference between #7 and #2 is minute....someone has to be #7.

The league, outside of Fordham, is pretty bad this year.

Good observation, very unique situation with the lack of separation between 2-7. I think you're rankings are accurate, might make a case to switch Bucknell and HC just because HC is so consistently inconsistent. We'll know for sure on Nov 15.

BucBisonAtLarge
October 26th, 2014, 05:12 PM

Gun to my head, I'd go:

4. Bucknell Have really played no one of any significance yet. Still a mystery imo....

Really? Will a win over Lafayette lend any clarity to the mystery? Not likely. If the Bison lose to Fordham will it enlighten things? Not according to the "Fordham and the losers" PL narrative.-nor would wins over HC and/or Colgate. The Bison are destined to remain an enigma, apparently, maybe even at 9-2.

ngineer
October 26th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Fordham showed how much difference there is with two years of scholarship players ahead of the pack. I think they had 18 seniors our there on both sides of the ball. Experience and talent go a long way and I think a lot of the rest of the PL is starting to intersperse their Sophs and Frosh. I also wonder if the influx of scholarship players is creating any 'issues" is the locker rooms as the newbies start getting game time from the Seniors and Juniors.

I liked Fordham Fan's comment about Lehigh's band. The Marching '97 have certainly shown more improvement over the past two years than the team and do put on a good show--especially when you consider Lehigh does not have a music major degree, although there may be a few members who are in performance arts at the Zoellner Center. The entire band will be travelling to Georgetown next week to entertain the many Lehigh alums in the DC area.

As for the game, it turned out pretty much what the advance script said. LU had to maintain long drives to keep the Ram's O off the field, and failed miserably in the first half. The hole was insurmountable, but I liked the way the kids continued to scrap and fight to get back within two scores. The talent gap between Rams and rest of league is reminiscent of the Holy Cross teams in the late 80's when they came in with their scholarship kids.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Lafayette went Frankosaurus in the first half. Drew Reed has really regressed, it seems. I have no illusions about Lehigh's 1-6. It is going to be one tough game in NY.

Pards Rule
October 27th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Lafayette went Frankosaurus in the first half. Drew Reed has really regressed, it seems. I have no illusions about Lehigh's 1-6. It is going to be one tough game in NY.

I agree P4L...Never underestimate the Hawks in that game! Pards really need to get their act together for the final three games!!! On the road vs Bucknell Nov. 1, also away vs Colgate Nov. 8th and the non-home game at Yankee Stadium on Nov. 22nd. Got my tickets last week!