Indiana State

South Dakota State

Youngstown State

Southern Illinois

Northern Iowa

Missouri State

Western Illinois

South Dakota

North Dakota State & Illinois State are running away with it. Hypothetical: What if they both go undefeated? How do they determine autobid (probably doesn't matter if they both go undefeated they'll most likely be #1 & #2) ? Here is what both these teams have left:

North Dakota State

at South Dakota
South Dakota State
at Northern Iowa
at Missouri State
Youngstown State

Illinois State

Missouri State
at Northern Iowa
Youngstown State
at South Dakota
Southern Illinois

Beyond NDSU & ISU(R), I think these teams are still in the running for at-large bids:

Indiana State
South Dakota State
Youngstown State
Southern Illinois
Northern Iowa (needs to win-out)
Missouri State (needs to win-out)

JayJ79
October 19th, 2014, 12:07 AM
North Dakota State & Illinois State are running away with it. Hypothetical: What if they both go undefeated? How do they determine autobid

if they both went undefeated in conference, I believe all the other tiebreakers would still be even, and it would come down to GPI.
at least according to the 2013 MVFC procedures (they don't have a 2014 version on the website)

mmiller_34
October 19th, 2014, 11:41 AM
if they both went undefeated in conference, I believe all the other tiebreakers would still be even, and it would come down to GPI.
at least according to the 2013 MVFC procedures (they don't have a 2014 version on the website)

Thanks. Didn't realize GPI was the final tiebreaker.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Fairly certain as long as NDSU keeps winning we'd have the GPI tiebreaker.

JayJ79
October 19th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Fairly certain as long as NDSU keeps winning we'd have the GPI tiebreaker.

if both NDSU and ISU won out, they'd both be in the playoffs (obviously) and seeded (if not, we need to remove the entire selection committee).
And even if ISU had the higher GPI and got the official AQ, I'm pretty sure the committee would put NDSU as the #1 seed again just based on their history.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 12:15 PM
if both NDSU and ISU won out, they'd both be in the playoffs (obviously) and seeded (if not, we need to remove the entire selection committee).
And even if ISU had the higher GPI and got the official AQ, I'm pretty sure the committee would put NDSU as the #1 seed again just based on their history.

Correct on all counts.

MSUDuo
October 19th, 2014, 12:50 PM
The Bears don't need to win out. If we find a way to get to 8 wins we'd be in.

But, we won't so it doesn't really matter...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twentysix
October 19th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Iowa State and Montana will push our GPI higher than ISUr in the event both NDSU and ISUr are undefeated. Right now there is a huge difference between GPI #1 and GPI #2 (ISUr is GPI #3).

The difference between #2 and #3 is 0.57, the difference between #1 and #2 is 2.57.

I'm not positive, but I think NDSU could even lose a close game and stay #1 (though ISUr would win the Auto then, I'm just demonstrating the separation currently).