PDA

View Full Version : inexplicable play calling CSU loses

New Bucs Fan
October 18th, 2014, 05:11 PM
2nd and goal from 1 ft line.. . Let's not take two plays and punch it in, let's take it 4 yds off the line and lose 4 yds and then miss a FG THAT WOULD HAVE STILL LEFT US DOWN BY ONE. Top that with penalties and poor execution = no touchdowns all day. Great job by defense.

rokamortis
October 18th, 2014, 05:16 PM
2nd and goal from 1 ft line.. . Let's not take two plays and punch it in, let's take it 4 yds off the line and lose 4 yds and then miss a FG THAT WOULD HAVE STILL LEFT US DOWN BY ONE. Top that with penalties and poor execution = no touchdowns all day. Great job by defense.

Give credit to PC - they were very well prepared for you. Seemed like CSU may not have been fully focused on PC.

kdinva
October 18th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Give credit to PC -. Seemed like CSU may not have been fully focused on PC.

that's my take on this outcome........and this will make CitDog even madder.......Big South a 2 team race now......

New Bucs Fan
October 18th, 2014, 05:24 PM
It was by no means my intention to take anything away from PC. They had a great plan but our defense did pretty well after initial shot. My point was that with everything else bad that happened, we were 1 yd away from winning 10_7. PC is vastly improved but that call most likely ultimately cost us the game.

rokamortis
October 18th, 2014, 05:38 PM
It was by no means my intention to take anything away from PC. They had a great plan but our defense did pretty well after initial shot. My point was that with everything else bad that happened, we were 1 yd away from winning 10_7. PC is vastly improved but that call most likely ultimately cost us the game.

It was a tough call but you had plenty of other chances though. I can't imagine your coach felt like your kicker would miss - but I expected him to go for it on 4th. But if you don't get it then people would bitch for not getting the points.

bjtheflamesfan
October 18th, 2014, 05:50 PM
that's my take on this outcome........and this will make CitDog even madder.......Big South a 2 team race now......

I wondered this on the Liberty board but could this start a downward spiral again for CSU?

rokamortis
October 18th, 2014, 05:55 PM
I wondered this on the Liberty board but could this start a downward spiral again for CSU?

I don't think so. I think they are going to use this as motivation. Any of the BSC schools they beat they'd hold the head to head tie-breaker if there are a number at one loss.

CSU18
October 18th, 2014, 06:07 PM

Not sure this makes it a 2 team race unless we lose next weekend. At this point if we run the table in conference play we'd still get the auto bid.