PDA

View Full Version : Ellis Henderson

Silenoz
October 18th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Sounds like the pre-season All-American's season (and possibly career) is over. Real shame, as he was an amazing player as only a sophomore last year.

Grizalltheway
October 18th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Sucks big time. Really hope he can get whatever this is sorted out and come back strong for his senior year.

dewey
October 18th, 2014, 02:57 PM
What happened? Injury? Off the field?

Dewey

Silenoz
October 18th, 2014, 03:22 PM

Dewey

Illness-related. Didn't practice the entire offseason, and barely played through 7 games

Uncle Buck
October 18th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Hope he's Ok. Not playing ball sucks, but not having your health is worse. Wishing him well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Grizalltheway
October 18th, 2014, 03:38 PM

Dewey

Sounds like some sort of bacterial infection in his stomach.

Rjones61
October 18th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Sounds like some sort of bacterial infection in his stomach.

It's viral, thus why it is lasting so long. But they've been vague on exactly what kind of infection it is.

Grizalltheway
October 18th, 2014, 04:01 PM
It's viral, thus why it is lasting so long. But they've been vague on exactly what kind of infection it is.

You're correct; my bad.

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Wow that sucks. Hope he gets better soon.

uofmman1122
October 18th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Feel absolutely awful for Ellis. He was primed to have a monster year, and got knocked about before he even had a chance.

According to Delaney, he's dropped out of school to head back to his hometown.

I really hope he gets better and can get back on his feet. Hopefully we can see him in maroon and silver again next year.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 18th, 2014, 08:06 PM
I think it's real unlikely we ever see him play for the Griz again. That's okay, I hope he recovers fully and leads a productive, healthful life from here on out. Feel real bad for the dude, he was a good one, we have & will continue to miss him.

dudeitsaid
October 18th, 2014, 11:00 PM
I've been following this a bit throughout the year. It is terrible to lose a great player, and for that player to miss out on the opportunity to play, maybe for the rest of his life. He was an integral part of the Griz team, and an elite player at this level with a legitimate shot at a pro career, yet, the essence of several of the posts are about wishing him recovery and health for his life. Too often modern fans magnify football to more than it is-a game, and forget that these are real people. Truly classy response to a terrible situation. I agree on your sentiments!

Catbooster
October 18th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Sorry to hear it. I hope his health recovers with no lingering effects.

MSUBobcat
October 19th, 2014, 06:31 AM
That sucks. It's one thing to have your football career cut short, but to have a health issue that requires you to withdraw from college, and an opportunity to better yourself and hopefully your future is terrible. Hope he recovers from his illness with no lasting effects.

Red & Black
October 19th, 2014, 07:21 AM
I've been following this a bit throughout the year. It is terrible to lose a great player, and for that player to miss out on the opportunity to play, maybe for the rest of his life. He was an integral part of the Griz team, and an elite player at this level with a legitimate shot at a pro career, yet, the essence of several of the posts are about wishing him recovery and health for his life. Too often modern fans magnify football to more than it is-a game, and forget that these are real people. Truly classy response to a terrible situation. I agree on your sentiments!

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 19th, 2014, 11:05 AM

No, its bacterial.

Grizalltheway
January 22nd, 2015, 04:39 PM
Henderson re-enrolled at UM and will be ready for spring drills. xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

By AJ Mazzolini

Coach Bob Stitt's offense just got another weapon, this time a proven one at the collegiate level.

Wide receiver Ellis Henderson has re-enrolled at the University of Montana after withdrawing from classes last fall and leaving the Grizzly football program because of an unknown stomach illness.

Henderson said Thursday he is almost completely healthy once again and plans to participate in full in spring practices with the team.

Henderson, a 1,000-yard receiver as a sophomore in 2013, saw limited action this past season because of a sickness that set in over the summer. He caught just 12 passes for 110 yards in five games before leaving Missoula in October to return home to Portland, Oregon, in search of further medical attention.

The illness, which drained the preseason All-American of energy and body weight, was a combination of a bacterial infection and irritable bowl syndrome (IBS), Henderson said. While minor symptoms of IBS still remain -- those can be controlled with medication and a proper diet, he added -- the wideout now feels fit for football once again.

The 22-year-old expects to regain any lost eligibility from last season with a redshirt or medical redshirt year -- he began 2014 as a true junior, eligibility-wise. That would leave Henderson with two full seasons of football.

Henderson is in Missoula and was choosing his course load Thursday ahead of the start of spring term Monday.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/griz-wr-henderson-re-enrolls-at-um/article_2389d4a0-4e22-5760-a82f-a73762993c17.html

Catbooster
January 22nd, 2015, 04:55 PM
Glad to hear he's recovered xthumbsupx

Uncle Rico's Clan
January 22nd, 2015, 05:20 PM
This is awesome news. I'm excited to see how he and Jamaal Jones play in the new offense.

Bisonator
January 22nd, 2015, 05:35 PM
Good to hear.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
January 22nd, 2015, 07:34 PM
This is awesome news. I'm excited to see how he and Jamaal Jones play in the new offense.

I'm looking forward to this as well but honestly the best part of him being back is that he has to be in very good health to be back so that carries the load of my good feeling about this one. It's great news.

BisonFan02
January 22nd, 2015, 07:40 PM
Good to hear about Henderson. Looking forward to the opener even more now. xthumbsupx

dewey
January 22nd, 2015, 10:47 PM
Good to hear he has recovered.

Dewey

veinup
January 23rd, 2015, 10:27 AM
come on back ELLIS. glad the dude is alright.

surely we're now favored against the bison in the opener

i kid

tomq04
January 23rd, 2015, 11:48 AM
come on back ELLIS. glad the dude is alright.

surely we're now favored against the bison in the opener

i kid

The who?

AmsterBison
January 26th, 2015, 06:42 AM
Is there a clip of that catch he made against NDSU last year?

Grizalltheway
January 26th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Is there a clip of that catch he made against NDSU last year?

Couldn't find it on youtube, but here's a pretty cool pic of it.

http://blogs.columbian.com/tailgate-talk/wp-content/uploads/sites/57/2014/09/ByKdEMbCIAAL64G.jpg

Grizalltheway
August 10th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Sounds like he's sorted out the eligibility issues with the NCAA. Two more years of terrorizing the Big Sky and FCS. xbowxxbowx

Also, this is a great read on a pretty courageous young man.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/griz-football-ellis-henderson-battled-depression-suicidal-thoughts-on-way/article_32e35268-fcd7-5624-8bec-6b98827632fa.html

tomq04
August 10th, 2015, 04:40 PM
That's great news!

My co-worker is a big Vandals fan and he thinks the kid they sent you should make big noise.

veinup
August 10th, 2015, 04:49 PM
Sounds like he's sorted out the eligibility issues with the NCAA. Two more years of terrorizing the Big Sky and FCS. xbowxxbowx

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/griz-football-ellis-henderson-battled-depression-suicidal-thoughts-on-way/article_32e35268-fcd7-5624-8bec-6b98827632fa.html

wow. depression is some serious ****. glad to hear he seems to be getting the best of it, now.

Grizalltheway
August 10th, 2015, 04:53 PM
That's great news!

My co-worker is a big Vandals fan and he thinks the kid they sent you should make big noise.

Indeed, sounds like he's been impressing in camp so far.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 10th, 2015, 05:16 PM

All good news and as long as he's happy with it all I think it's a real good thing for him. I know it's a good thing for the Griz.

Bisonator
August 10th, 2015, 05:36 PM

Glad he got some help and I hope he keeps at it. Puts life in perspective for sure!