penguinpower
October 16th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Penguins lose.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2014, 02:10 PM
I think SIU wins this one.

Bisonator
October 16th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I'm sure Wolford will bitch about cheap shots.......

ysubigred
October 16th, 2014, 02:16 PM
I'm sure Wolford will bitch about cheap shots.......

LOL... I think Wolfords philosophy is; got to give some to get some xsmiley_wix

dewey
October 16th, 2014, 02:20 PM
LOL... I think Wolfords philosophy is; got to give some to get some xsmiley_wix

It is weird seeing a post from you with no scantily clad women in them...I like those ones much better:D

I think SIU wins this one...or at least that is who I picked in the MVFC Clenz pick'em league. I will be watching for the score updates on Saturday.

Dewey

RabidRabbit
October 16th, 2014, 02:22 PM
From watching the WIU/YSU game, IMHO 'Guins continue to fold like a house of cards when a defensive minded team plays them. SIU plays stout D. And now that Lennon is running the D in particular, the skinny dawgs definitely are playing well. The NDSU loss just demonstrates how high a defensive level gets played in the FCS.

ysubigred
October 16th, 2014, 02:26 PM
It is weird seeing a post from you with no scantily clad women in them...I like those ones much better:D

I think SIU wins this one...or at least that is who I picked in the MVFC Clenz pick'em league. I will be watching for the score updates on Saturday.

Dewey

I'd get my pee pee wacked if I posted them here

SIUSalukiFan
October 16th, 2014, 02:29 PM
This should be a very competitive game.

Neither team can afford a second league loss at this point.

I'm thinking SIU can finish 8-4 and get a playoff bid, so a 3-2 finish is needed. One of those has to be a road win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2014, 02:30 PM
From watching the WIU/YSU game, IMHO 'Guins continue to fold like a house of cards when a defensive minded team plays them. SIU plays stout D. And now that Lennon is running the D in particular, the skinny dawgs definitely are playing well. The NDSU loss just demonstrates how high a defensive level gets played in the FCS.

.....in the VALLEY. Cue the Big Sky fans on this one....:D

Paladin1aa
October 16th, 2014, 02:34 PM
I see a competitive game that either can win. I look for a close game.

And Red, I thought your pee pee was already getting "whacked",lol

FargoBison
October 16th, 2014, 02:37 PM
I can never get a read on YSU, just seems impossible to predict what kind of effort they will give week to week. Nothing would surprise me in this game

ysubigred
October 16th, 2014, 02:40 PM
I see a competitive game that either can win. I look for a close game.

And Red, I thought your pee pee was already getting "whacked",lol

Ouch... I believe the "rose colored" glasses crowd is finally seeing the light xdrunkyx

KUlawJack
October 16th, 2014, 04:56 PM
SIU by 2 TDs.

ValleyTalk
October 16th, 2014, 05:00 PM
YSU couldn't stop SIU last year in the first half, but managed to shut them down in the second half on their way to a thrilling 28-27 win over the Salukis.

YSU FB should have a secondary agenda in my eyes, and that is to beat SIU because of the questionable way they stole our former President Randy Dunn off of us earlier this year after something like 6 measly months on the job. In the end, Youngstown lucked out and we got President Tressel!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2014, 05:05 PM
YSU couldn't stop SIU last year in the first half, but managed to shut them down in the second half on their way to a thrilling 28-27 win over the Salukis.

YSU FB should have a secondary agenda in my eyes, and that is to beat SIU because of the questionable way they stole our former President Randy Dunn off of us earlier this year after something like 6 measly months on the job. In the end, Youngstown lucked out and we got President Tressel!

Does the sweater-vest walk on water in Youngstown?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 16th, 2014, 05:13 PM
I'll take SIU. I still believe they're a Top 10, maybe even Top 5 team.....

ValleyTalk
October 16th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I'll take SIU. I still believe they're a Top 10, maybe even Top 5 team.....
That lost by 28 to #1 NDSU? They are good, not sure about top 5 good.

centennial
October 16th, 2014, 06:42 PM
That lost by 28 to #1 NDSU? They are good, not sure about top 5 good.
NDSU is a bipolar team this year. Almost like 2 different teams.
Hard to say how good SIU is with just the NDSU performance.

skinny_uncle
October 16th, 2014, 08:20 PM

Cue the "whole body of work" crowd,.

ysubigred
October 17th, 2014, 07:17 AM

Not without Mr. Tressel in it xangelx

penguinpower
October 17th, 2014, 09:38 AM

Yes

Paladin1aa
October 17th, 2014, 12:30 PM
In the Ice Castle, everyone walks on "water", lol

Thumper 76
October 17th, 2014, 03:45 PM

Irony being its not that cold there compared to CAS.

penguinpower
October 17th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Irony being its not that cold there compared to CAS.

I hope the penguins play you guys this year. Their performance last year was a reflection of the coaches. They simply gave up when they were being out muscled. I have never seen a ysu team do that with such obviousness in my entire life. I don't care if ysu loses just the effort

skinny_uncle
October 17th, 2014, 09:39 PM

Some truth to that. At moments, I think the same of SIU.

ValleyTalk
October 17th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Some truth to that. At moments, I think the same of SIU.
Safe travels to those making the trip tomorrow. Weather looks sketchy so I expect a weak crowd.

Eager to see which YSU team shows up.

Go YSU!

skinny_uncle
October 17th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Safe travels to those making the trip tomorrow. Weather looks sketchy so I expect a weak crowd.

Eager to see which YSU team shows up.

Go YSU!

GO DAWGS!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2014, 07:47 AM

Reflection of the coach IMO. Wolford needs to go. Last year he was whining about the Bison playing "dirty", which was a joke. His team just got beat down and couldn't match up physically.

Youngstown needs to get rid of him and bring in someone that will instill that attitude back into the program, like Tressel did. Those championship YSU teams were hard nose, physical teams that just beat you down.

YSU is a 'storied' FCS program, one of the best ever, and they need a coach to take them back to that and IMO, Wolford is not the guy. My 2$

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Reflection of the coach IMO. Wolford needs to go. Last year he was whining about the Bison playing "dirty", which was a joke. His team just got beat down and couldn't match up physically.

Youngstown needs to get rid of him and bring in someone that will instill that attitude back into the program, like Tressel did. Those championship YSU teams were hard nose, physical teams that just beat you down.

YSU is a 'storied' FCS program, one of the best ever, and they need a coach to take them back to that and IMO, Wolford is not the guy. My 2$

Excellent assessment. I feel exactly the same way. This is the reason why I enjoy watching the Bison. It is eerily similar how they both played. The emphasis was on the defense and they could turn any game around. They held opponents just under 10 points per game and they would beat you down with the run game. All passes were set off the run. They were very disciplined too. Last week YSU had 2 players ejected from the game. That is just completely unacceptable and undisciplined. None of the YSU fans want to see that

ValleyTalk
October 18th, 2014, 08:37 AM

Easier said than done. Heacock took us to the abyss, Wolford got us on the brink of getting out of it, but he has missed the playoffs by one game the past three seasons.

I am not a Wolf lover or hater, I just want to win dammit. We are quite young this year and I think we are very close to getting over that hump, but the clock is ticking. If Wolf wants to keep his job, today is the biggest game in his five years at YSU.

DoubleE
October 18th, 2014, 08:43 AM

Does the sweater-vest walk on water in Ohio?

Fixed it for you and yes

DoubleE
October 18th, 2014, 08:45 AM

I think 90% of YSU fans agree with you 100 %

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Easier said than done. Heacock took us to the abyss, Wolford got us on the brink of getting out of it, but he has missed the playoffs by one game the past three seasons.

I am not a Wolf lover or hater, I just want to win dammit. We are quite young this year and I think we are very close to getting over that hump, but the clock is ticking. If Wolf wants to keep his job, today is the biggest game in his five years at YSU.

You may be right but Wolford is not the guy IMO. 2 years ago in the FargoDome, YSU was ranked #3 and they folded up like a folding chair when the Bison turned the tide. Reflection of the coach. He could have called timeout and gave the team a break and regroup....esp after the pick 6.

YSU has great FCS facilities and fan support when they are rolling. There is no reason why they cannot be a powerhouse at this level....they should be.

Houndawg
October 18th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Excellent assessment. I feel exactly the same way. This is the reason why I enjoy watching the Bison. It is eerily similar how they both played. The emphasis was on the defense and they could turn any game around. They held opponents just under 10 points per game and they would beat you down with the run game. All passes were set off the run. They were very disciplined too. Last week YSU had 2 players ejected from the game. That is just completely unacceptable and undisciplined. None of the YSU fans want to see that

I'll bet the farm they serve their suspensions some other game. This one is huge for both teams..

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 03:19 PM
YSU scores first.
YSU 7 SIU 0

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Wow do these two teams look similar. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before. Mirror images

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 03:26 PM
No fans at ysu nobody like the coach

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Bad start for the Dawgs.

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Ysu qb is only a freshman. He is going to be excellent

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 03:34 PM
YSU up 10-0 now

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 03:38 PM
They are re kicking because ysu is going into a stiff wind

- - - Updated - - -

That's not a mistake by siu hc. Siu must have good special teams

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Dumbass ysu coach has to call a time out. Wtf. Here we go

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Ianotti throws a pick.
:(

DoubleE
October 18th, 2014, 03:48 PM
see the SIU rb was carted off just now

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 03:49 PM
see the SIU rb was carted off just now
Agnew.

DoubleE
October 18th, 2014, 03:50 PM
also see ruiz is hurt (rb for ysu)

- - - Updated - - -

Ohio State on the TV and YSU on the laptop, life is good

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Touchdown YSU

17-0

DoubleE
October 18th, 2014, 03:54 PM
I honestly am shocked, how is this the same team that played WIU last week ?

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 03:56 PM
As I stated before. The roulette wheel landed on the right number thus far

DoubleE
October 18th, 2014, 03:59 PM
siu to punt

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Punting into the wind

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 04:06 PM
SIU running game struggling with Agnew out.

DoubleE
October 18th, 2014, 04:08 PM
they are saying Agnew might be coming back shortly

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 04:12 PM
My goodness these refs suck.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw nothing siu did to get that penalty

DoubleE
October 18th, 2014, 04:14 PM
wow, none of the conference games are close so far this week. kinda suprising

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Kinney FG.
48 yarder missed

DoubleE
October 18th, 2014, 04:16 PM
yeah the espn3 feed he is just kicking now

- - - Updated - - -

looks like it hit the left goal post. plenty of leg

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Halftime.
YSU leads 17-0

DoubleE
October 18th, 2014, 04:24 PM
punt downed at the 1 with 26 seconds left

- - - Updated - - -

Halftime.
YSU leads 17-0

lol. espn3 tape delay gets me again

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Halftime

ValleyTalk
October 18th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Great half by YSU!

SoupCity85
October 18th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Here's hoping Wolford shoves it down their throat now. Instead of playing "prevent" offense and defense!!! Let's go YSU.

DoubleE
October 18th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Here's hoping Wolford shoves it down their throat now. Instead of playing "prevent" offense and defense!!! Let's go YSU.

lol, you honestly think he would change his style ? he knows better then us and always will

SoupCity85
October 18th, 2014, 04:39 PM
lol, you honestly think he would change his style ? he knows better then us and always will

Double....one can hope, right? I'm really not feeling good about the 2nd half. I would like to see YSU score a few TDs.

Houndawg
October 18th, 2014, 04:49 PM

We have the 'guins right where we want them... ;)

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 04:51 PM
62 yarder to Willis.
TD!

YSU 17 SIU 7

Houndawg
October 18th, 2014, 04:52 PM
We have the 'guins right where we want them... ;)

Ianotti to Willis, 62 yd TD opening drive 2nd half.

SoupCity85
October 18th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Oh boy, here we go!!!

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Suggs with the INT.
Here we go.

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 04:59 PM
And Iannotti throws another pick.

http://www.salukination.net/images/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 05:04 PM
YSU gets a FG

20-7 Flightless Birds

SoupCity85
October 18th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Any word on Agnew??

DoubleE
October 18th, 2014, 05:08 PM
tv before half said they thought he would be back

Houndawg
October 18th, 2014, 05:17 PM
TD Pruitt

DoubleE
October 18th, 2014, 05:18 PM
sigh

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Any word on Agnew??

Done for the day.

- - - Updated - - -

YSU 20 SIU 14

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Second half meltdown begins. Coaching issues

SoupCity85
October 18th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Thank you....they showed a picture of him on crutches on ESPN3.

- - - Updated - - -

PP.....this looks awfully familiar, huh?

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Thank you....they showed a picture of him on crutches on ESPN3.

- - - Updated - - -

PP.....this looks awfully familiar, huh?

Sickening

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 05:33 PM
YSU fumbles.

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 05:37 PM
And the Dawgs have to punt.

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Ruiz scores.

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 05:44 PM
2 point conversion fails

YSU 26 SIU 14

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Coaching problems continue. Why do u have to call a time out on an extra point? You should know what you are going to do before the score. Coaching is questionable as usual

SoupCity85
That TD was huge. 2pt conversion was just a mess though....argh!!!

penguinpower
Ruiz scores.
That was Webb I thought

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 05:57 PM
That was Webb I thought

You are right. Mistake from the announcer I was listening to.

SoupCity85
October 18th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Big, BIG WIN for YSU.

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 06:05 PM
26-14 final

underdawg
October 18th, 2014, 06:37 PM
4 carries for 31 yards before Agnew was injured--game over then--hope he's reAdy for the trees or we might as well get ready for 2015

ValleyTalk
October 18th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Big win! This team quieted the doubters this week and Mr. Wells maybe opened Paladins eyes. Doubtful.

Great win Wolford and YSU!!!

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Looking forward to next week

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Great win. SIU is tough

Daved
October 18th, 2014, 09:33 PM
I can never get a read on YSU, just seems impossible to predict what kind of effort they will give week to week. Nothing would surprise me in this gameYou are not alone--impossible to know beforehand which YSU team will show up.

Daved
October 18th, 2014, 09:37 PM

Does the sweater-vest walk on water in Youngstown?He would but doesn't because the water tends to dull the shine on his shoes.

UNIFanSince1983
October 18th, 2014, 10:12 PM
4 carries for 31 yards before Agnew was injured--game over then--hope he's reAdy for the trees or we might as well get ready for 2015

How's Barry got the basketball team looking?