PDA

View Full Version : #17 Indiana St @ #1 North Dakota St

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2014, 09:05 PM
What happened 2 years ago to the day today? That would be the Sycamore's last visit to the Fargodome and the last time a team has beaten the Bison on the football field. 30 games and over two calendar years later can the upstarts from Terre Haute, who are enjoying a fine turnaround season, return and do it again? I'd say the answer is doubtful. I think ISU blue's reliance on the passing game plays into NDSU's strength defensively. The Bison are 7th in the FCS passing defense and 3rd in pass efficiency defense so it'll be a tall order for Mike Perish and the Sycamores to try to stay with the Bison through the air. On the other side Indiana St also has a very stout pass defense but their run defense is average and that also plays into NDSU's strength.

There is the name of the site and all that and if any matchup is proof that turnovers are the great equalizer that 2012 matchup is it but I don't think the Trees will be celebrating on the Fargodome turf this time. This is a tough matchup for Indiana St that I see NDSU winning by a couple TDs, something like 27-13.

Your thoughts?

centennial
October 13th, 2014, 09:15 PM
I've seen Indiana State play almost every game. If their QB is back then this a 7-10 point game. NDSU 24 ISU 13.

Bison56
October 13th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Going to be interesting to see how they respond after last week's game.

IBleedYellow
October 13th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Key to this game:

Indiana State hasn't scored an offensive touchdown against NDSU in the past two years (maybe be more, but I know these are fact). Last year it was a field goal and a kickoff return for a touchdown. (10 Points)

When they beat NDSU two years ago, two pick sixes and a field goal in the 17-14 win.

Even with Perish coming back who knows if they will be able to score against the Bison defense with touchdowns.

Southern Bison
October 13th, 2014, 09:43 PM
IMO, the senior leadership is not going to let another game like WIU happen. ISU-b seems to be turning a corner from last year, but this is the Bison at home.

Bison 38-13 (all ISU points in the 1st half)

IndyTreeFan
October 13th, 2014, 10:43 PM
I don't see any way the Sycamores will be able to stay with the Bison. The Bison are vastly superior in every phase of the game, and it will be a tall order for the Trees just not to screw up the kickoff! The Bison offense will slice through the Sycamore defense like a hot knife through butter, just like the Bison d-line will slice through an undermanned and remarkably outclassed Sycamore offense. I hear rumors that Perish won't play simply because the coaches are afraid he'll get hurt!

This game is likely going down as one of the more lopsided games in college football history!

Bison 63
Trees 3

i just hope we don't get lost on the way back to the airport!!! xbowx

BisonFan02
October 13th, 2014, 11:51 PM
I don't see any way the Sycamores will be able to stay with the Bison. The Bison are vastly superior in every phase of the game, and it will be a tall order for the Trees just not to screw up the kickoff! The Bison offense will slice through the Sycamore defense like a hot knife through butter, just like the Bison d-line will slice through an undermanned and remarkably outclassed Sycamore offense. I hear rumors that Perish won't play simply because the coaches are afraid he'll get hurt!

This game is likely going down as one of the more lopsided games in college football history!

Bison 63
Trees 3

Yeah....SIU fans were better at this.......get better.

BisonBohl
October 14th, 2014, 12:04 AM
The sandbag trick, how original....

Twentysix
October 14th, 2014, 01:02 AM
The sycs air attack will get them some points, but probably not enough to win the game.

I'd put the combined score around ~38-42.

Something like 24-14, 27-14, 21-20.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 14th, 2014, 06:28 AM
The sycs air attack will get them some points, but probably not enough to win the game.

I'd put the combined score around ~38-42.

Something like 24-14, 27-14, 21-20.

Trees are to one dimensional and are mediocre stopping the run.

Bison win 31-9

CommishBigSmooth
October 14th, 2014, 07:13 AM
There have been one-dimensional teams that have come into the Fargodome and played well and almost won in the last few years.

Problem is, those were one-dimensional running teams (Wofford, GaSo). The Trees certainly aren't that. Most teams that come into Fargo and try to sling it all over the field don't fare well. Remember that the Bison haven't allowed a 300-yard passing game in almost four years...ironically enough, if my research is correct, the last team to do it was Indiana State in 2010 (and they lost, of course).

And with giving up 10 points a game the last three games, seems a natural trend to stay with. Heck, the Bison are a consistent team, so we'll go with a consistent score. Just like last week, Bison get the win, 38-10.

IndyTreeFan
October 14th, 2014, 08:17 AM
The sandbag trick, how original....

No sandbagging. (As if what anyone posts here has anything, even remotely, to do with the outcome of the game...) Hell, I've been reading about you guys for years on here. That's an honest assessment after reading what an immovable object your defense is, and what an irresistible force your offense is. Go back and read it yourselves. Problem for everyone else is, your team has backed up the bluster from its fans.

Someone is going to beat the Bison. It's just probably not this weekend. And after reading this thread, without having seen your team, the evidence here says big time pounding. Just trusting that you guys know your stuff...xpeacex

Sycamore62
October 14th, 2014, 08:34 AM
There have been one-dimensional teams that have come into the Fargodome and played well and almost won in the last few years.

Problem is, those were one-dimensional running teams (Wofford, GaSo). The Trees certainly aren't that. Most teams that come into Fargo and try to sling it all over the field don't fare well. Remember that the Bison haven't allowed a 300-yard passing game in almost four years...ironically enough, if my research is correct, the last team to do it was Indiana State in 2010 (and they lost, of course).

And with giving up 10 points a game the last three games, seems a natural trend to stay with. Heck, the Bison are a consistent team, so we'll go with a consistent score. Just like last week, Bison get the win, 38-10.

I wouldnt call our passing game "slinging around the field". It seems like a methodical approach to have easy pitch and catches. Yes we have a deep threat but I never look to count on that.

Having not seen you guys play, as a guess I would say NDSU O vs ISUb D push (maybe slight ISUb advantage). NDSU D vs ISUb O advantage NDSU D. Special teams I have to assume advantage NDSU until we play another game where it doesnt hurt us.

Bisonator
October 14th, 2014, 09:02 AM
I haven't had a chance to watch any of ISU's games this season but the win's and scores seem to suggest their defense is very good and their offense is good enough against some pretty dang good teams. I think this game may be closer then people think but I don't see ISU winning. I think NDSU will control the game with the running game and our defense limits their passing attack. I look for another close game for a half then trouble for the Syc's in the second. 31-13 Bison.

IndyTreeFan
October 14th, 2014, 11:45 AM
All bullcrap aside, I do think this will be a great game. I figure the Bison to win, but I think ISU will give them a heck of a fight. If we have Perish back, I think the Trees keep it close the whole game. If he's still out, it'll be worse, and our defense will get worn out in the third quarter again. I actually really like NDSU. You have great fans, great facilities, and obviously, a great team. Very little arrogance to the fans I've been able to connect with. A loss in Fargo won't exactly be the death knell of our season, but just think what a win would do!!! Win this game, and cobble together two more wins, and I think ISU has a great shot at the playoffs.

One thing that could work in our favor is the classic matchup of "The Team with Everything to Lose" vs. "The Team with Nothing to Lose." Honestly, no one expects much out of ISU this year (although that's beginning to change, I think). There really aren't 12 people outside of the ISU football team that think the Trees can win up there on the Tundra. But that's usually when really weird things happen!

Looking forward to a great game!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2014, 06:15 AM
All bullcrap aside, I do think this will be a great game. I figure the Bison to win, but I think ISU will give them a heck of a fight. If we have Perish back, I think the Trees keep it close the whole game. If he's still out, it'll be worse, and our defense will get worn out in the third quarter again. I actually really like NDSU. You have great fans, great facilities, and obviously, a great team. Very little arrogance to the fans I've been able to connect with. A loss in Fargo won't exactly be the death knell of our season, but just think what a win would do!!! Win this game, and cobble together two more wins, and I think ISU has a great shot at the playoffs.

One thing that could work in our favor is the classic matchup of "The Team with Everything to Lose" vs. "The Team with Nothing to Lose." Honestly, no one expects much out of ISU this year (although that's beginning to change, I think). There really aren't 12 people outside of the ISU football team that think the Trees can win up there on the Tundra. But that's usually when really weird things happen!

Looking forward to a great game!!!

I'm expecting a good game but if ISU throws the ball 40+ times like they are averaging per game, they will be in trouble. One dimensional teams do not fair to well against the Bison.

This Bison defense will shut down Perish and the ISU offense and the Bison offense will wear down the ISU defense.

Bison will win this by 2 TDs+

MSUBobcat
October 15th, 2014, 07:21 AM
I've seen Indiana State play almost every game. If their QB is back then this a 7-10 point game. NDSU 24 ISU 13.

xeyebrowxxdrunkyxxlolx Or are you predicting an 11 pt win if the QB doesn't play?

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Have any NDSU fans watched an ISUb game? I haven't watched NDSU but I feel my assumptions are probably accurate and their reputation more than speaks for itself.

Just wondering if people talking about our passing game have actually seen it.

Houndawg
October 15th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Have any NDSU fans watched an ISUb game? I haven't watched NDSU but I feel my assumptions are probably accurate and their reputation more than speaks for itself.

Haven't seen it this year but if you can't run enough to make them crowd the box I don't see a lot of hope. Their safeties are pretty exceptional at this level in how quickly they read. They're fast but they play faster because they get moving so quickly.

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Haven't seen it this year but if you can't run enough to make them crowd the box I don't see a lot of hope. Their safeties are pretty exceptional at this level in how quickly they read. They're fast but they play faster because they get moving so quickly.

I would normally agree with this but somehow we have been successful. I dont know if its how quick our qb hits the receivers or maybe they respect the run more than we think or maybe you dont actually have to run the ball to beat teams.

Im not making this statement saying we have played any D as good as NDSU, ive just been thinking for 3 weeks that this is the team that will make us pay for not running the ball and it doesnt turn out that way.

BisonBacker
October 15th, 2014, 10:06 AM

Bison 63
Trees 3

Sandbagging post of the week xbowx

Houndawg
October 15th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I would normally agree with this but somehow we have been successful. I dont know if its how quick our qb hits the receivers or maybe they respect the run more than we think or maybe you dont actually have to run the ball to beat teams.

Im not making this statement saying we have played any D as good as NDSU, ive just been thinking for 3 weeks that this is the team that will make us pay for not running the ball and it doesnt turn out that way.

I'm not saying its your offense, I'm saying its their defense. Your pass game will probably work well against us, unfortunately...

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2014, 10:49 AM
I'm not saying its your offense, I'm saying its their defense. Your pass game will probably work well against us, unfortunately...

I think I have to agree with you until I have some more proof otherwise. What sucks is that I thought we'd have a lot of answers after the ISU ISU game. All I know now is that we have a backup with some positives (something we didnt have in the past) and the same questions I had before the game.

I do hope we match up with you (SIU) well and I was going to make the trip with my dad but instead we are taking the kids on a train ride. Sadly that isnt the train that goes from here to Carbondale which I pointed out to my wife (and somehow I'm the asshole)

Houndawg
October 15th, 2014, 10:59 AM
change trains...

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2014, 11:21 AM
change trains...

or wives :D

long story

Bison56
October 15th, 2014, 11:56 AM
I think I have to agree with you until I have some more proof otherwise. What sucks is that I thought we'd have a lot of answers after the ISU ISU game. All I know now is that we have a backup with some positives (something we didnt have in the past) and the same questions I had before the game.

I do hope we match up with you (SIU) well and I was going to make the trip with my dad but instead we are taking the kids on a train ride. Sadly that isnt the train that goes from here to Carbondale which I pointed out to my wife (and somehow I'm the asshole)

I know exactly what that's like. xlolx

Houndawg
October 15th, 2014, 05:29 PM
I know exactly what that's like. xlolx

xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2014, 05:54 PM

Hey, you might be right and Perish comes in and throws for 300+ and moves the ball on us. But in the last 3+ years, no team has done it. The Bison offense will pound on a team and they will run out of gas by the 4th quarter, if not earlier.

The Bison defense is fast.

We'll find out on Saturday.

Bisonator
October 15th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Hey, you might be right and Perish comes in and throws for 300+ and moves the ball on us. But in the last 3+ years, no team has done it. The Bison offense will pound on a team and they will run out of gas by the 4th quarter, if not earlier.

The Bison defense is fast.

We'll find out on Saturday.

Yep. Wasn't CCU suppose to throw it all over us last year and score 4+ TD's? Didn't happen.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 15th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Yep. Wasn't CCU suppose to throw it all over us last year and score 4+ TD's? Didn't happen.

So was Iowa State. Hell, Mycole Pruitt was supposed to break one off in our asses last week.

CommishBigSmooth
October 15th, 2014, 07:21 PM
So was Iowa State. Hell, Mycole Pruitt was supposed to break one off in our asses last week.

Pruitt did do something no one else did do against the Bison- score on a passing TD. First one the Bison have given up all year. Only took half the season.

Against NDSU, Iowa State threw for 151 yards and got 48 of it on one play. 19 completions for basically 100 yards.

The Trees lean towards throwing the ball (57-43 pass-run ratio) and haven't proven they can consistently run the ball this season, nor do I think they can shut down or slow the Bison down enough running the ball. We are talking about a D that gave up 455 yards rushing to the Hoosiers (granted, they rank in the top 10 of FBS in rushing, but still...455 yards!). UNI and Illinois State had about the same rushing numbers (around 160 yards) and if you figure the Bison for their season average of roughly 230 yards rushing per game....well, it's tough sledding.

Then again, two picks for TD's later, Any Given Saturday (tm) :)

FargoBison
October 15th, 2014, 07:24 PM
It is hard to come into the dome and be a pure passing team. The noise gives the DL a jump on the OL, you need balance. When YSU beat us in 2011 they had great balance and UNI almost beat us with a balanced attack last year.

Bisonoline
October 15th, 2014, 09:12 PM
It is hard to come into the dome and be a pure passing team. The noise gives the DL a jump on the OL, you need balance. When YSU beat us in 2011 they had great balance and UNI almost beat us with a balanced attack last year.

YSU beat us because they had an outstanding O-line and we couldnt pressure the QB.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 15th, 2014, 09:18 PM
YSU beat us because they had an outstanding O-line and we couldnt pressure the QB.

Dont forget about the DJ fumble. That would have been the winning TD

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2014, 09:42 PM

This here.

Nobody around him for 15 yards....xsmhx

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Perish to play...
http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local_college_sports/isu_sports/isu-s-perish-cleared-to-play-saturday/article_28c60c22-1a02-5a14-b126-2edcf68fb07f.html?mode=jqm

im good with that but I don't want him hit in the head again. He is unbeaten at the Fargo Dome.

I was was reminising about the win 2 years ago. The third pick Jensen threw was the deal breaker. 99% you kick a fg and win in OT

im curious to see the ISUb offensive gameplan

BisonFan02
October 15th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Perish to play...
http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local_college_sports/isu_sports/isu-s-perish-cleared-to-play-saturday/article_28c60c22-1a02-5a14-b126-2edcf68fb07f.html?mode=jqm

im good with that but I don't want him hit in the head again. He is unbeaten at the Fargo Dome.

I was was reminising about the win 2 years ago. The third pick Jensen threw was the deal breaker. 99% you kick a fg and win in OT

http://www.gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Ready-543f3be3726f7.gif

TILIS-BisonFan
October 15th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Simple. Bison win 14-20. Close in first half. i trust the defense to shut down any offense that enters the fargodome until proven otherwise

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Perish to play...

So am I. Just coming in and throwing the ball around will not get it done. NDSU's corners have played very well this year and our two safties are the best combo in the entire FCS. Fast LBers will also help cover ISU's WRs. Where the Tampa-2 can get exposed is in the middle of the field.

Does ISU have a good pass catching TE?

I'm excited for this game. We'll see how Perish reacts to the noise.

IBleedYellow
October 16th, 2014, 06:23 AM
I need to add one more thing to what I said earlier.

ISU's defense. If they play lights out this game will be a tough battle for the Bison. Teams that have the best shot of beating us are able to 1) Stop the run, forcing Carson to throw ill-advised passes. 2) Run the ball themselves while controlling the LOS on at least one side of the football (bonus two if they really want to win!) 3) Force turnovers, which plays into point 1. The last few times I've seen NDSU really struggle is when they lost the turnover battle. Like UNI game last year, or the last loss to the Sycamores a couple years ago.

Sycamore62
October 16th, 2014, 07:27 AM
So am I. Just coming in and throwing the ball around will not get it done. NDSU's corners have played very well this year and our two safties are the best combo in the entire FCS. Fast LBers will also help cover ISU's WRs. Where the Tampa-2 can get exposed is in the middle of the field.

I honestly haven't noticed a TE. We don't use one a lot. If I were coaching, when needed I'd call Robert Tonyan Jr. (last year's backup QB) my TE. He is big and athletic and sure handed. I have noticed that our incomplete catches are uncatchable rather than drops. In the ISUr game we had 2 drops in the 3rd qtr and I looked around and thought where did that come from.

edit: looked at roster and I guess they are TEs. I thought those guys were WRs. Yes they can catch the ball

semobison
October 16th, 2014, 07:42 AM

Some stats from that day, first downs YSU 24-11, total yards YSU 451-293. Yeah, the fumble was a big play but there were other reasons we lost that game 3 years ago. We got outplayed!

NoDak 4 Ever
October 16th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Some stats from that day, first downs YSU 24-11, total yards YSU 451-293. Yeah, the fumble was a big play but there were other reasons we lost that game 3 years ago. We got outplayed!

All I'm saying is if he doesn't drop that fumble, YSU for all their offensive success couldn't score enough points to beat that score.

semobison
October 16th, 2014, 08:27 AM
All I'm saying is if he doesn't drop that fumble, YSU for all their offensive success couldn't score enough points to beat that score.

All I am saying is give YSU some credit. They outplayed us and won the game that day. Reminds me of the EWU game and people blaming the ref. We lost that game the last three minutes of regulation.... On the bright side...we haven't had to argue about how we lost a game for some time now!

Houndawg
October 16th, 2014, 08:33 AM

Don't go NoDak4clenz on us now...

NoDak 4 Ever
October 16th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Don't go NoDak4clenz on us now...

I'm not, I'm stating the reality that almost everybody who saw that game also knows. DJ McNorton breaks free on the first play of the second half and absolutely inexplicably drops the ball. Nobody touched him and he had 30 yds of daylight in front of him. That happened.

If he scores the TD, the Bison have 28 pts (at least) and YSU only scored 27. That's inarguable.

semobison
October 16th, 2014, 08:56 AM
I'm not, I'm stating the reality that almost everybody who saw that game also knows. DJ McNorton breaks free on the first play of the second half and absolutely inexplicably drops the ball. Nobody touched him and he had 30 yds of daylight in front of him. That happened.

If he scores the TD, the Bison have 28 pts (at least) and YSU only scored 27. That's inarguable.

Youngstown won the game as they deserved to, they outplayed us that day. Why is it so hard for you to give another team any credit. If our defense could have stopped them another time or two we would have also won the game. But they didn't!

NoDak 4 Ever
October 16th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Youngstown won the game as they deserved to, they outplayed us that day. Why is it so hard for you to give another team any credit. If our defense could have stopped them another time or two we would have also won the game. But they didn't!

What did I post that was untrue?

344Johnson
October 16th, 2014, 09:01 AM

That play impacted the game. However, there was a lot of time left....and no one has any idea how that would have changed things. Butterfly Effect. Maybe NDSU goes on to win, maybe YSU does some things differently and still wins...as they should have. That game was difficult to watch.

Bisonator
October 16th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Who cares about a game 3 years ago let's keep it on the ISU game this weekend. I'll be surprised if Perish finishes the game. I think our front 4 on the dline are going to have a big game. I think our db's might actually get some interceptions which have been hard to come and that's odd considering their coverage has been outstanding.

Sycamore62
October 16th, 2014, 09:07 AM
How about this for IFs: Our QB starts last week, we are coming off a 14pt win and 5-1 record.

its possible that if he would have scored you would have choked on something cheering and died. Maybe the loss was worth it.

semobison
October 16th, 2014, 09:10 AM
What did I post that was untrue?

The bottom line is we lost the game to a team that deserved to win! They played better than we did that day and WON THE GAME! The fumble is YOUR excuse as to why we lost that day! Why cant you answer my question? Why is it so hard for you to give another team any credit? Think about it!

NoDak 4 Ever
October 16th, 2014, 09:41 AM
The bottom line is we lost the game to a team that deserved to win! They played better than we did that day and WON THE GAME! The fumble is YOUR excuse as to why we lost that day! Why cant you answer my question? Why is it so hard for you to give another team any credit? Think about it!

Because I refuse to participate in your constant sandbagging

BisonFan02
October 16th, 2014, 09:46 AM

The Bison lost that game on the stat sheet and the scoreboard. Anything else is just BS....if my aunt had a **** she would be my uncle. Let the "other" fan base look for moral victories and BS excuses. Teams that win don't make the mistake DJ made.

robsnotes4u
October 16th, 2014, 09:55 AM
The Bison lost that game on the stat sheet and the scoreboard. Anything else is just BS....if my aunt had a **** she would be my uncle. Let the "other" fan base look for moral victories and BS excuses. Teams that win don't make the mistake DJ made.

Champions DO NOT play the blame game

semobison
October 16th, 2014, 10:10 AM

Sandbagging? What does a game we lost 3 years ago have to do with sandbagging?? We lost to YSU 3 years ago because they played better that day but we still won the natty!

dewey
October 16th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Who cares about a game 3 years ago let's keep it on the ISU game this weekend.

No doubt.

I would think with ISU's lack of running game and a pretty solid QB that they would do a lot like what Weber State did. Use 3-5 step drops and get the ball out quickly before the D-Line and blitzes can get there. This is all predicated on a very accurate QB and solid route running by the WR's and TE's. Then sprinkle in enough running to keep NDSU honest. You would think that with Vraa banged up still, right?, and Vaadeland out that ISU would stack the box with 8-9 guys and dare NDSU to beat them thowing the ball with RJ, Carey Woods, Gebhart, Albers and others. With all of those guys in the box they could easily blitz like crazy and hope it gets there before Wentz can make a big play.

I still think NDSU wins this game with a score of 31-13 as I think Wentz will make enough big plays with the recievers. NDSU has been really good the last few years playing very well in big games and this is a big game against a top 20 ISU team. Of course ISU could win...AGS.

Dewey

UNIFanSince1983
October 16th, 2014, 10:27 AM
No doubt.

I would think with ISU's lack of running game and a pretty solid QB that they would do a lot like what Weber State did. Use 3-5 step drops and get the ball out quickly before the D-Line and blitzes can get there. This is all predicated on a very accurate QB and solid route running by the WR's and TE's. Then sprinkle in enough running to keep NDSU honest. You would think that with Vraa banged up still, right?, and Vaadeland out that ISU would stack the box with 8-9 guys and dare NDSU to beat them thowing the ball with RJ, Carey Woods, Gebhart, Albers and others. With all of those guys in the box they could easily blitz like crazy and hope it gets there before Wentz can make a big play.

I still think NDSU wins this game with a score of 31-13 as I think Wentz will make enough big plays with the recievers. NDSU has been really good the last few years playing very well in big games and this is a big game against a top 20 ISU team. Of course ISU could win...AGS.

Dewey

This is what they did against us. It really negated our pass rush which is very very good. Perish never had the ball long enough for us to get to him. I don't think it gives NDSU the troubles it gave us because I think their linebackers are better in coverage than ours are.

Sycamore62
October 16th, 2014, 10:27 AM
No doubt.

Dewey

I'm going to say neither team will score over 27. the lower score, the better chance I think ISUb has because they can score quick sometimes.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 16th, 2014, 10:49 AM
I'm going to say neither team will score over 27. the lower score, the better chance I think ISUb has because they can score quick sometimes.

With a Tampa 2 defense, you have as many as 6 defensive backs (our linebackers are built like safeties). With no chance of a running play, you'll have a ton of people back in coverage.

I like those odds.

Bison56
October 16th, 2014, 11:03 AM
With a Tampa 2 defense, you have as many as 6 defensive backs (our linebackers are built like safeties). With no chance of a running play, you'll have a ton of people back in coverage.

I like those odds.

Thanks for the expert analysis coach. xrolleyesx

Sycamore62
October 16th, 2014, 11:06 AM

I like those odds.

Im guessing we will win it with some crazy fumble at the end of the game. We'll discuss this in 3 years

dewey
October 16th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Im guessing we will win it with some crazy fumble at the end of the game. We'll discuss this in 3 years

I see what you did there, LOL!!! Good one.

Dewey

dewey
October 16th, 2014, 12:28 PM
This is what they did against us. It really negated our pass rush which is very very good. Perish never had the ball long enough for us to get to him. I don't think it gives NDSU the troubles it gave us because I think their linebackers are better in coverage than ours are.

When you guys played them did the UNI DB's try to jam the recievers at the LOS? It is probably easier to jam the outside WR's than the inside Wr's but with the inside guys you at least have your OLB's and DB's to cover any gaps in the passing game. This could give the D-line a little more time to get there. It makes sense and appears to be a good coaching move by ISU. They have a solid QB with what sounds like a weak O-line to get the ball out quickly and not let the better D-line control the game.

Dewey

Sycamore62
October 16th, 2014, 01:50 PM
When you guys played them did the UNI DB's try to jam the recievers at the LOS? It is probably easier to jam the outside WR's than the inside Wr's but with the inside guys you at least have your OLB's and DB's to cover any gaps in the passing game. This could give the D-line a little more time to get there. It makes sense and appears to be a good coaching move by ISU. They have a solid QB with what sounds like a weak O-line to get the ball out quickly and not let the better D-line control the game.

Dewey

I was too busy screaming at the officials to notice. I also wont pretend to know anything about WR play or defensive coverages or actual coaching (as opposed to saying words people have heard) but it seems like thinking being able to dominate our run game was the answer has not been the answer. I like the way our coach calls offense. He lulls me to sleep with the same stuff and seems to always be setting up the big play, even if it's a screen fake 1 way and screen the other. Our guys are catching the ball wide open a lot, which makes me think it isnt so much how defenses are designed but how well we gameplan. I havent seen us adjust as good as we plan, and that's not a knock, i just feel the scripted plays we run are very effective. I dont have a good feel for how actually tough your D is other than reputation and stats. I tried to watch the last game at work yesterday (hooray government jobs!) but the internet wasnt fast enough. I think our run game is just good enough to keep people a little honest. we had a lot of very short runs against ISUr but we had some nice rips too.

As long as you guys dont go with a Tampa 3 we should be fine.

gumby013
October 16th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Couldn't find any UNI film, but I did watch their Liberty game on ESPN3. Liberty was constantly playing their DBs 7-10 yards off the receivers. The Sycamores did exactly what they should do and hurt them with passes underneath the coverage.

UNIFanSince1983
October 16th, 2014, 01:59 PM

Dewey

Honestly, I cannot remember I just know we could not get to the QB before he got the ball out.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2014, 02:19 PM

Beck and Littlejohn are probably faster than most WRs in the Valley....xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the expert analysis coach. xrolleyesx

What he said is the truth!

If Ind State cannot get some type of running game established, they have no chance in this game.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 16th, 2014, 02:36 PM
What he said is the truth!

If Ind State cannot get some type of running game established, they have no chance in this game.

It's just a different defense. The ISUb 3-4 Defense is meant to get a ton of pass rusher, the Tampa 2 is meant to get pass coverage.

Connor Underwood is 6-3 and 240. Travis Beck is 6-0 209, Carlton Littlejohn is 6-1 220, and Esley Thorton is 6-3 225.

Our guys play like safeties, their guys play like D Lineman.

Hope that wasn't too complicated.

Bison56
October 16th, 2014, 03:27 PM
It's just a different defense. The ISUb 3-4 Defense is meant to get a ton of pass rusher, the Tampa 2 is meant to get pass coverage.

Connor Underwood is 6-3 and 240. Travis Beck is 6-0 209, Carlton Littlejohn is 6-1 220, and Esley Thorton is 6-3 225.

Our guys play like safeties, their guys play like D Lineman.

Hope that wasn't too complicated.

Thanks for dumbing it down.xthumbsupx

Bison56
October 16th, 2014, 03:32 PM

Huh? The MLB covers the deep middle in Tampa 2. Or by middle do you mean the 50 yard line?:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Huh? The MLB covers the deep middle in Tampa 2. Or by middle do you mean the 50 yard line?:D

There are seams in the Tampa-2 and the outside seams in the middle third are a weak spot in the Tampa-2

Bison56
October 16th, 2014, 03:58 PM
There are seams in the Tampa-2 and the outside seams in the middle third are a weak spot in the Tampa-2

I know what you were saying. Just giving you *#%@ buddy.
xdrunkyx

Sycamore62
October 16th, 2014, 03:59 PM
I dont think its critical for me to understand the Tampa 2. I'm guessing the ISUb coaching staff will have heard of it and at least have a gameplan for it. The results however will come in the execution or lack thereof

Grizalltheway
October 16th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Beck and Littlejohn are probably faster than most WRs in the Valley....xnodx

That's not saying a whole lot.

Bison56
October 16th, 2014, 04:02 PM
I dont think its critical for me to understand the Tampa 2. I'm guessing the ISUb coaching staff will have heard of it and at least have a gameplan for it. The results however will come in the execution or lack thereof

I think you should study it for a couple days.xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

xflaggedx

NoDak 4 Ever
October 16th, 2014, 04:09 PM

The only thing you have to understand is the number 8. That's how many PPG opponents have been scoring against NDSU despite 3 Top 25 teams and a BCS on the schedule.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2014, 04:13 PM

Actually it is saying a lot.....about them.

Beck does not come off the field. He can play the run and keep up with any WR. Two years ago he played every snap during the season....xnodx

Littlejohn could be drafted this spring. He is outstanding versus the run and pass. In the right system he can play in the NFL as a LBer and be a very good special teams player.

Both are 4 year starters.

Sycamore62
October 16th, 2014, 04:14 PM
The only thing you have to understand is the number 8. That's how many PPG opponents have been scoring against NDSU despite 3 Top 25 teams and a BCS on the schedule.

Really the only thing I have to understand is the number 3, which is how many points it took our offense to win at your place last time

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2014, 04:15 PM

But remember, according to Big Sky guys, our defensive numbers are misleading because the Valley has no good offensive teams....xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Really the only thing I have to understand is the number 3, which is how many points it took our offense to win at your place last time

2 pick 6s will not happen on Saturday...

NoDak 4 Ever
October 16th, 2014, 04:16 PM

Keep playing that highlight video over and over because a fresh memory will be made in about 48 hrs.

- - - Updated - - -

But remember, according to Big Sky guys, our defensive numbers are misleading because the Valley has no good offensive teams....xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

2 pick 6s will not happen on Saturday...

Hell, if they ran it every time, I wouldn't be mad.

Sycamore62
October 16th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Keep playing that highlight video over and over because a fresh memory will be made in about 48 hrs.

we can only hope

even though, I will now be talking about it until 1 year after your last YSU fumble loss post.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2014, 04:23 PM
we can only hope

Seriously, Ind State does have a good defensive team this year and they will probably give the Bison offense some trouble on Saturday. SIU stacked the box and made Wentz beat them and he did.

If the Sycs can run the ball enough to keep the Bison defense 'honest' then they will have a good chance of being there in the 4th quarter. The Bison will play the field position game and make Perish march the whole field to score.

Turnovers will also be important if they happen. Look at SDSU/Ill State. 3 TOs inside their own 30....ouch!

I'm looking forward to this game!!

Bison56
October 16th, 2014, 04:25 PM

Oh that's good. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sycamore62 again.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 16th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Seriously, Ind State does have a good defensive team this year and they will probably give the Bison offense some trouble on Saturday. SIU stacked the box and made Wentz beat them and he did.

If the Sycs can run the ball enough to keep the Bison defense 'honest' then they will have a good chance of being there in the 4th quarter. The Bison will play the field position game and make Perish march the whole field to score.

Turnovers will also be important if they happen. Look at SDSU/Ill State. 3 TOs inside their own 30....ouch!

I'm looking forward to this game!!

Me too. After the Montana and SIU games, I'm convinced that this defense is every bit as good as has ever been. Like I said. About 60 running plays should get the job done xthumbsupx

Bison56
October 16th, 2014, 04:28 PM
I see this as a low scoring close game. Turnovers as usual will be the deciding factor.

Sycamore62
October 16th, 2014, 04:30 PM
special teams might matter, big failures happened prior to 13 ISUr points. 1 of 3 may have not made a difference but the other 2 were terrible

344Johnson
October 16th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Actually it is saying a lot.....about them.

Beck does not come off the field. He can play the run and keep up with any WR. Two years ago he played every snap during the season....xnodx

Littlejohn could be drafted this spring. He is outstanding versus the run and pass. In the right system he can play in the NFL as a LBer and be a very good special teams player.

Both are 4 year starters.

If Littlejohn gets drafted I'll buy you a case of beer. I doubt he is big enough.

Bison56
October 16th, 2014, 04:32 PM
If Littlejohn gets drafted I'll buy you a case of beer. I doubt he is big enough.

I second that.

thebootfitter
October 16th, 2014, 04:42 PM
3 Top 25 teams? Montana... Southern Illinois... And... ?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2014, 04:44 PM

Like I said....in the right system I think he could....or be a contributor on special teams. Ramon Humber was 220 also and he has had a pretty decent NFL career.

CLJ is not a MLBer but in a Tampa-2 style defense, I think he could be a decent OLBer.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 16th, 2014, 04:48 PM
3 Top 25 teams? Montana... Southern Illinois... And... ?

Mistyped. Only shut down 2 ranked teams.

Sycamore62
October 16th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Like I said....in the right system I think he could....or be a contributor on special teams. Ramon Humber was 220 also and he has had a pretty decent NFL career.

CLJ is not a MLBer but in a Tampa-2 style defense, I think he could be a decent OLBer.

I fell into that category but no one had a system that needed a slow 6'2" guard that could kind of pass block and kind of run block where athleticism wasn't necessary and had spent all their salary cap on 23 other positions

thebootfitter
October 16th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Mistyped. Only shut down 2 ranked teams.
I thought maybe you were just projecting to after the game this Saturday. :-)

I predict ISUb will score between 7 and 14.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I fell into that category but no one had a system that needed a slow 6'2" guard that could kind of pass block and kind of run block where athleticism wasn't necessary and had spent all their salary cap on 23 other positions

Hey, kudos to you. You got to play the game you love for 4 years in college. NFL is bull**it at times. All they are looking for is the proto-typical player at any position....

Bisonoline
October 16th, 2014, 05:19 PM

You got to play the game at a high level. Not many can say that. Congrats!!

ps Thats some damn funny stuff!!!!
!!

Sycamore62
October 16th, 2014, 05:25 PM
It was fun, on Saturdays:D but no more about me, I think to have a chance, ISUb needs at least 6pts after their 2nd possession. They really need to come out and have 2 very good possessions. It has fallen apart in the 2nd half when the O goes 3 and out

Sycamore62
October 16th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Will this be on directv? I know espn 3 but I don't want to leave it up to my internet connection

edit: crap $75 for espn gameplan

centennial
October 16th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Will this be on directv? I know espn 3 but I don't want to leave it up to my internet connection

Use a chromecast and your tablet/phone. Most of the time I can't tell the difference between that and the TV, the stream much better than ESPN 3.

X-Factor
October 16th, 2014, 09:02 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if NDSU blows the doors right off ISU. This score could be much more lopsided than anyone here thinks. You better believe the Bison are focused for this one and respective of that ISU defense. As for the ISU offense....it's going to see Emanuel up close and personal.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2014, 10:00 PM
40.5 hours until game time......frickin too long...xshakefistx

dewey
October 16th, 2014, 10:26 PM

I would highly recommend going through the NDSU athletics website and purchasing the feed from them. I did this last weekend and it cost $6.95 for the game.

Here is a link.

http://www.gobison.com/watch/?Live=266

I just hooked up the computer to the TV via a HDMI cable and it worked great. I got a ESPN3 feed for the game but if it doesn't work I will buy the feed from NDSU again.

Dewey

344Johnson
October 16th, 2014, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if NDSU blows the doors right off ISU. This score could be much more lopsided than anyone here thinks. You better believe the Bison are focused for this one and respective of that ISU defense. As for the ISU offense....it's going to see Emanuel up close and personal.

I'm not saying they aren't focused, but what leads you to believe they are focused?

NDSUSR
October 16th, 2014, 11:02 PM
Anyone who think ISU wins this game please PM me if you are willing to wager.
#delusional.

Bisonoline
October 16th, 2014, 11:02 PM

Its about 29 bucks for a single game. Call on game day you may get it cheaper. They will negotiate.

ming01
October 17th, 2014, 05:51 AM
Anyone who think ISU wins this game please PM me if you are willing to wager.
#delusional.

im actually picking ISU 21 NDSU 20.

Sycamore62
October 17th, 2014, 07:22 AM
What is the spread?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 17th, 2014, 07:27 AM
What is the spread?

I think someone said Bison -23

IBleedYellow
October 17th, 2014, 07:31 AM
I'm not saying they aren't focused, but what leads you to believe they are focused?

Well, for one in the post game conference last week against SIU they said they were already looking at this game and are hungry.

Lehigh'98
October 17th, 2014, 07:35 AM
I think someone said Bison -23

Correct -23.5, which is a pretty high spread considering what ISUb has accomplished this year. I'll say NDSU 24 ISUb 10

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 17th, 2014, 07:47 AM

21 points on this defense?

No team has scored more than 14 this season.

Sycamore62
October 17th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Correct -23.5, which is a pretty high spread considering what ISUb has accomplished this year. I'll say NDSU 24 ISUb 10

I thought this was a joke, like "someone (bill from accounting) said -23.5" the O/U is 40.5

so the people who have money on it think it will be NDSU 32 ISU 8.5

I dont care how good you think the NDSU defense is, NO WAY they cause ISUb to score half a point

rokamortis
October 17th, 2014, 08:11 AM
I thought this was a joke, like "someone (bill from accounting) said -23.5" the O/U is 40.5

so the people who have money on it think it will be NDSU 32 ISU 8.5

I dont care how good you think the NDSU defense is, NO WAY they cause ISUb to score half a point
xbowx

Sycamore62
October 17th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Id take the points and under if i had $1 that wasnt critical to my well being

edit: Also because gambling is illegal at bushwood and i never slice

344Johnson
October 17th, 2014, 08:30 AM

Wouldn't be shocked. Still think they will get tripped up at some point. Would rather it not be in the playoffs.

Well, for one in the post game conference last week against SIU they said they were already looking at this game and are hungry.

Well, there we have it then. All I needed to hear. I actually haven't caught a post-game since the ISU game..

Sycamore62
October 17th, 2014, 08:47 AM
I wont say we (ISUb) wont win but this scenario wouldnt surprise me.,

close for the first half maybe even ISU ahead, 2nd half ISU gets worn down NDSU goes up and then the scoreboard doesnt reflect how close the game was because of ISU having to do things to win rather than lose close

my hope is that ISUb strikes quick to take a lead they can hold onto till half then do just enough to win.

Thumper 76
October 17th, 2014, 08:59 AM

Dammit ming01! Don't you know that makes you #delusional? NDSUSR said so. Smh.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 17th, 2014, 09:51 AM

close for the first half maybe even ISU ahead, 2nd half ISU gets worn down NDSU goes up and then the scoreboard doesnt reflect how close the game was because of ISU having to do things to win rather than lose close

my hope is that ISUb strikes quick to take a lead they can hold onto till half then do just enough to win.

If ISU gets an early lead then they will be in great shape. NDSU playing catch up is the way to go for a team to win. NDSU plays great with a lead.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 17th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Wouldn't be shocked. Still think they will get tripped up at some point. Would rather it not be in the playoffs.

Well, there we have it then. All I needed to hear. I actually haven't caught a post-game since the ISU game..

More likely to lose during the conference season than the playoffs. Teams from other conferences do not match up with the style of play the Bison have. If the Bison do lose, I agree, it will be during the conference season but I do not see it happening if they play like they did against SIU. Now the Bison could lay an egg and get beat, which could happen but with how this defense is playing, I doubt it.

FargoBison
October 17th, 2014, 10:08 AM
I just don't see a team that can't run the ball coming into the dome and winning. ISUB needs to do better in that area, otherwise Perish will be taking some hits.

Sycamore62
October 17th, 2014, 10:38 AM
ISUb defense has probably been more of the reason for the success this year. The Offense has been the cause of the turnaround (meaning it wouldnt have been so bad last year without losing the players we did)

Twentysix
October 17th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Trees are to one dimensional and are mediocre stopping the run.

Bison win 31-9

That is still a combined score in my wheelhouse :p

Southern Bison
October 17th, 2014, 11:16 AM
More likely to lose during the conference season than the playoffs. Teams from other conferences do not match up with the style of play the Bison have. If the Bison do lose, I agree, it will be during the conference season but I do not see it happening if they play like they did against SIU. Now the Bison could lay an egg and get beat, which could happen but with how this defense is playing, I doubt it.

Very true. Over the past 31 games, we have had nailbiters into the late moments with only 1 disappointment. I see those games as our opponents executed a good defensive game plan against the Bison O more than anything else. How often did it take some level of trickeration by Bohl & Jensen to spark the offense into the endzone? The only way that the Bison lose this year is if we beat ourselves (TOs returned for TDs).

jmufan999
October 17th, 2014, 02:55 PM
That is still a combined score in my wheelhouse :p

i don't think that word means what you think it means.

FargoBison
October 17th, 2014, 02:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cydUkBXdB8&feature=youtu.be&a

NDSUSR
October 17th, 2014, 04:05 PM

Damn right, and after tomorrow I will be here to remind you both.
Maybe if Indiana had managed more than 1 offensive TD in the last 2 years against NDSU I would expect a closer game.

Sycamore62
October 17th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Maybe if Indiana had managed more than 1 offensive TD in the last 2 years against NDSU I would expect a closer game.

If NDSU would have managed 1 more in 2012 this game wouldn't have as long of a thread

ming01
October 17th, 2014, 04:39 PM

THey wouldve beaten ISUR with their starting QB. I believe they had a botched squib kick that lead to the Birds winning FG

Thundar
October 17th, 2014, 05:21 PM

I hate the old "it was closer than the scoreboard showed" arguement, if a game turns out 34-14 and it was tied at halftime what made it close? Or even tied at the end of 3 if the losing team gives up a ton of points that tells me it wasn't that close

If a scoreboard shows 34-30 now that's close

semobison
October 17th, 2014, 05:39 PM

Wow favored by 23! Looking at their stats the Sycamores don't look like they are anything special. Then looking at their record, beating Ball St., UNI and losing a close one to the Redbirds makes me a little nervous. Against UNI their O line did a pretty good job protecting their QB. 2 sacks for UNI, a season low. If they cant run and we can get pressure on their QB they will be in trouble. Their D has been playing well but can they withstand 4 quarters of pounding! Turnovers could play a big part in this game, ISIb is +9 on the season. Bison need to take care of the ball. Should be another tough hard fought conference game.

NDSUSR
October 17th, 2014, 05:47 PM
I really dont think Perish will last the whole game. He is pretty beat up.

X-Factor
October 17th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Do you not remember what happened two years ago? I guarantee you that the players and coaches do. ISU is not on the same level, and the Bison haven't proven that in 3 years. You will see focus and determination on Saturday

344Johnson
October 17th, 2014, 06:00 PM
I hate the old "it was closer than the scoreboard showed" arguement, if a game turns out 34-14 and it was tied at halftime what made it close? Or even tied at the end of 3 if the losing team gives up a ton of points that tells me it wasn't that close

You never played in a game that was neck and neck that got blown open because one team had to press to try and tie it up?

Scoreboard is always only a part of the story

Bisonoline
October 17th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Big plays--or explosive plays as coack K calls them. Battle battle battle. One guy makes a mistake---boom big play. Battle battle all game long to a stalemate. Them boom. Big play. A game can turn on 2-3 plays. Watching how the game is being played tells a bigger story than watching the ball.

Thumper 76
October 17th, 2014, 07:02 PM

Cause this year the trees are a carbon copy of the last two years....

NDSUSR
October 17th, 2014, 07:38 PM

Yes, finally we agree.

Green1
October 17th, 2014, 07:42 PM

Oh, great! Another lecture on global warming. :D

Sycamore62
October 17th, 2014, 11:48 PM

Yes but you are on an Internet forun talking about games and how the will/did turn out. If a team goes up 28-20 withe 2 min left and the other team goes for 4th and 17 from their 13 yd line and the QB throws a pick 6 or if they have 3 timeouts left so they have to run a dive from the 13 to run out the clock and happen to break loose for a TD then the game would be "closer than the score indicated" since a normal situation would say punt the ball on 4th down.

if you are just looking for scores go to Yahoo Sports.

Twentysix
October 17th, 2014, 11:50 PM
i don't think that word means what you think it means.

It's like an RV right?

Seriously though, I don't think you know all of what that word can mean.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wheelhouse

3. in the same wheelhouse, very similar and usually in the same category:

"The two folk singers are in the same wheelhouse."

As in A is comparable to B. The same broad definition can be applied to both.

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 12:20 AM
It's like an RV right?

Seriously though, I don't think you know all of what that word can mean.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wheelhouse

"The two folk singers are in the same wheelhouse."

As in A is comparable to B. The same broad definition can be applied to both.

Are you saying it's right up my alley, as in its in the path between my house and my neighbors house?

Twentysix
October 18th, 2014, 12:46 AM
Are you saying it's right up my alley, as in its in the path between my house and my neighbors house?

That depends entirely on how many wheels your neighbor's house has.

344Johnson
October 18th, 2014, 03:21 AM
Big plays--or explosive plays as coack K calls them. Battle battle battle. One guy makes a mistake---boom big play. Battle battle all game long to a stalemate. Them boom. Big play. A game can turn on 2-3 plays. Watching how the game is being played tells a bigger story than watching the ball.

This.... See 2011 semi with ndsu/GaSo. Did NDSU win by 28? Yes. Did the scoreboard even remotely tell the story of what took place? Nope.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2014, 07:18 AM
ISU has a huge O-line but their running game is almost non-existent. They are either slower than sh** or pass all the time but ISU passes for only 268/game, so it is not like they are pass happy. They have given up some sacks also so far this season. I like the Bison defense chances in this one to get to the QB.

The Bison LBers and DBs have both played really well so far this season. IMO, if SIU had trouble moving the ball against the Bison, so will ISU.

Vraa is 100%, so it will be interesting to see if Polasek will take some shots down the field to loosen up the ISU defense which I suspect will load the box on 1st and 2nd down. And I suspect the Bison offense will not throw 2 pick-6s this game for ISU....like 2 years ago.

No way a pass heavy team with a marginal running game wins against this Bison team. The only way the Bison lose this one is if they turn the ball over numerous times.

Another thing I want to add. SIU had some very good WRs last week and the Bison defense shut them down. The Bison have been very good against the pass this year.

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 09:41 AM
What is the NDSU d line like. Size speed ect

IBleedYellow
October 18th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Big and fast. Whenever we see you are going to pass we will switch it up and we will have 4 defensive ends coming to try and get you.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2014, 10:46 AM

The interior guys: Tanguay and Schatz are really good. Tanguay is 287 and Schatz is 285. Emanuel and Hardie are very fast DEs....Emanuel #53 is AA material. Watch him today and his speed rush. If he starts getting to Perish I suspect the ISU coaches may add a TE or RB to help the OT block him.

I'm looking forward to watching the ISU defense. They look good.

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 02:23 PM
I wish espn3 showed the pregame or somethinf

Vitojr130
October 18th, 2014, 03:15 PM
After 1 quarter of play... I'm beginning to wonder if ISU will manage to have any positive yards at all this game.... 1st quarter is definitely NDSU's worst this year, and yet ISU is at -6 yards with 20 seconds to go.

I think it's safe to say NDSU is out for blood.

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2014, 03:16 PM
http://m.tribstar.com/sports/local_college_sports/isu_sports/isu-did-it-once-to-ndsu-why-not-again/article_1ed2eb89-ba33-5233-9788-1a853dfe33e1.html?mode=jqm

Hey Connor Underwood, is it loud enough for you now?

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Definitely the worst place to fall behind this early.

dewey
October 18th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Quite the dominating 1st quarter.

Dewey

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 03:19 PM
After 1 quarter of play... I'm beginning to wonder if ISU will manage to have any positive yards at all this game.... 1st quarter is definitely NDSU's worst this year, and yet ISU is at -6 yards with 20 seconds to go.

I think it's safe to say NDSU is out for blood.

The center getting a 15yd penalty in front of the whole world giving us 2nd and 25 was super smart

dewey
October 18th, 2014, 03:22 PM
The center getting a 15yd penalty in front of the whole world giving us 2nd and 25 was super smart

Agreed. That was incredibly dumb and made life very tough for the offense. Kyle Emanuel just got a good big hit on Perish.

This ESPN3 thing of missing plays is getting annoying.

Dewey

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 03:22 PM
If they're not going to even block Emanuel it's going to be a long day and Perish is gonna get killed!

Drblankstare
October 18th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Ind St has got to get some help to their tackles, Emaneul is all over Parish

X-Factor
October 18th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Bison cover the line by halftime

Vitojr130
October 18th, 2014, 03:25 PM
If they're not going to even block Emanuel it's going to be a long day and Perish is gonna get killed!

Killed, cremated, and dumped in the sea. Kyle's a beast and he just keeps getting around the line.

If ISU doesn't change something pretty quick, they are going to get bent over... and I don't mean that lightly.

dewey
October 18th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Fumble. Recovered by NDSU. That could have been bad.

Dewey

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 03:27 PM
TD Bison! Vraa with the long TD. This one could get ugly!

Drblankstare
Good god Wentz has an arm. That was 55 yards in the air

dewey
Wentz is very good at throwing on the move off of the wrong foot but still have plenty of arm strength to get it there.

BOOM! TD to Zach Vraa.

20-0 NDSU.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
So this defense hasn't even really touched Carson other when he runs to them.

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Came back from commercial on 3rd down

gregatim
October 18th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Boom!! Game, set, match? Absolutely no pressure on Wentz.

Vitojr130
October 18th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Well that was weird. The lag on the ESPN3 feed has to be close to a minute and a half. I'm watching the gametracker on espn.com to keep track of stats and then it said we were up 19-0 with a 48 yard pass... It took nearly 2 min for me to see the pass on ESPN3.

Just so you are aware, so you don't pull what I did and spoil it for yourself.

gregatim
October 18th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Another personal foul after kick off. The leaves have come off the trees ��

dewey
October 18th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Another PF on ISU. 1st and 10 for ISU at their own 6.

Dewey

NDSUSR
October 18th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Flea flicker... Lol.

gsf23nd
Hey they got a first down.

Bisonator
Sack for Travis Beck! He busted the flea flicker!

dewey
1st 1st down with 11 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter.

Dewey

Sycamore62
Another personal foul after kick off. The leaves have come off the trees ��

Try to at least have some class while you are getting your ass kicked

X-Factor
October 18th, 2014, 03:33 PM
LMFAO

Bisonator
Wow get a first down then try a trick play and now it's 3rd & 20!

gsf23nd
Third time this year someone has tried to run the flea-flicker on the Bison. Do teams really think that will work?

IBleedYellow
October 18th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Try to at least have some class while you are getting your ass kicked
What's wrong with what he said....? The trees haven't looked good at all.

X-Factor
October 18th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Does ISU really think a flea flicker is going to work when their QB is getting drilled 2 seconds after the snap? Terrible coaching

gregatim
October 18th, 2014, 03:36 PM

I believe he was talking about Indiana State

Vitojr130
October 18th, 2014, 03:37 PM

He was talking about the player that got the foul....

gsf23nd
October 18th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Just no pass rush at all from ISU

IBleedYellow
October 18th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Makes sense.

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Great play by Illies on that to keep his knees off the turf and get the first down!

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Yes I'm talking about our guys. 2 times. I f****ng can't stand that

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Man our TE's have the dropsies today. That's like the 5th dropped pass for us.

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Now one of the ISU players just plowed into one of the linesmen! xlolx

Drblankstare
October 18th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Not your day when the best hit for your team is on one of the refs. Ouch

IBleedYellow
October 18th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Frustrating when we miss those...

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 03:50 PM
And we miss a FG. Still 20-0 with 2:35 to play in the half.

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 03:50 PM
too slow to get the first ref joke

- - - Updated - - -

Your kicker took the under

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Almost a pick by Beck!

gotts
October 18th, 2014, 03:51 PM
235 left and ISUB has 17 total yards of offense.

Reporting live from the Fargodome Section.23

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Wow Perish finally hits a deep pass. Biggest play yet for ISU.

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Wow Perish finally hits a deep pass. Biggest play yet for ISU.

**** it hasn't happened on my tv yet

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 03:53 PM
235 left and ISUB has 17 total yards of offense.

Reporting live from the Fargodome Section.23
Outside of a couple trick plays that won them the UNI game, their offense looked bad then too

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Tanguay with the sack!

- - - Updated - - -

**** it hasn't happened on my tv yet

Sorry!

Drblankstare
October 18th, 2014, 03:54 PM
This looks like the Lions Vikes game last weekend. Perish has zero time to throw.

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 03:55 PM
ISU driving here they might get some big points before half.

Vitojr130
October 18th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Jeeez Perish can throw and those receivers can catch. This drive has been full of good catches

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 03:58 PM
ISU hits a FG to make it 20-3.

Vitojr130
October 18th, 2014, 03:59 PM
lol sideline warnings make me laugh

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 04:01 PM
lol sideline warnings make me laugh

As a ref myself. It makes it real hard to work the sidelines when bench is out there

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Pierre Gee-Tucker hurt again. Man that kid just can't stay healthy. Looks like a knee.xsmhx

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Outside of a couple trick plays that won them the UNI game, their offense looked bad then too

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Not even close to this

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Looks like that'll do it for the first half. 20-3 Bison lead it.

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 04:03 PM
I had to turn my phone over because it's giving me score alerts. Lol

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 04:30 PM
You guys gotta admit, our punter can kick the **** out of it

IBleedYellow
October 18th, 2014, 04:37 PM
You guys gotta admit, our punter can kick the **** out of it
Well, yeah. But your other part of the special teams needs to stop running out of the endzone to the 15 yard line.

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Vraa has to be one of the best WR in FCS. He may not have the numbers most do but he catches everything within reach and makes some big plays for us.

NDSUSR
October 18th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Vraa has to be one of the best WR in FCS. He may not have the numbers most do but he catches everything within reach and makes some big plays for us.
Vraa doing Vraa things. Great hands.

Bisonator
Holy crap ISU caught the kickoff and went out of bounds at the 1 yard line. What a huge blunder there!

IBleedYellow
Well, yeah. But your other part of the special teams needs to stop running out of the endzone to the 15 yard line.

And the one yard line too.

Sycamore62

No arguments on that. This didn't start this week

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 04:44 PM
I apparently am watching this on ESPN2.9.9.5

i need to upgrade. Complete failure on their part

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 04:49 PM
ISU with their 3rd unsportsman like penalty. Man for undisciplined.xsmhx

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 04:53 PM
**** now Kunert's hurt. Damn!

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 04:56 PM
I'm just hoping to get out with no injuries.

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Yeah this one's all but over. TD by Crockett makes it 34-3.

Drblankstare
October 18th, 2014, 04:57 PM
This has been Wentz's best game by far IMO. Of course it's a little easier when you have all day to throw.

gsf23nd
October 18th, 2014, 05:03 PM
ISU = 96 yds offense through 3 qtrs.

Vitojr130
October 18th, 2014, 05:15 PM

Oh easily one of the best. His numbers aren't flashy, but that's strictly because our team has the ability to run well as on top of our passing game. He doesn't have to be flashy. He just has to be reliable, and that he has been since his last collarbone injury.

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Really playing solid against the 2s

Twentysix
October 18th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Really playing solid against the 2s

Those mostly aren't 2s. Our 2s have been playing the whole game, we do alot of cycling players in and out, which has alot to do with why we are so competive vs FBS teams. Some are 2s, but alot are 3s.

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Those mostly aren't 2s. Our 2s have been playing the whole game, we do alot of cycling players in and out, which has alot to do with why we are so competive vs FBS teams. Some are 2s, but alot are 3s.

same with our defense at the end

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2014, 06:06 PM
I believe in the last 26 games the Bison had given up 16 4th quarter points. Today Indiana St got 14. So there's still that to work on. 😊

Great dominating win today though.

semobison
October 18th, 2014, 06:12 PM
The Bison were dominant up front on both sides of the ball today, just too physical for the trees. The game wasn't as close as the score indicated....

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 06:52 PM
The Bison were dominant up front on both sides of the ball today, just too physical for the trees. The game wasn't as close as the score indicated....

Thundar said we would not be using this so, I'm going with us losing by 17. It was that close

FargoBison
October 18th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Hard to win in the dome if you can't run the football, the game went about as expected. I think if Indiana State had a better ground game they would be a salty team.

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 07:15 PM
I'd like to know how many 15 yd penalties we've had this year. For UC or late hits It is getting real old. And I believe we are doing it so I'm not blaming the refs.

Is would be nice to know how our drives would have gone without those. Not saying it would have changed the game but you don't purposly put yourself in bad field position vs a great defense

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Just got home from the game. What a beat down for the Bison. After the 3rd quarter, the trees only had 96 total yards of offense against the first team defense.

Either the Valley is way over rated or the Bison are that good but SIU and Ind State are not in the same league as the Bison. The only time Perish could anything was against the 2nd and 3rd string defense.

Underwood was a non-factor in the game. The best DE on the field was Emanuel and it wasn't even close.

Oh ya, the Bison had the ball for over 41`minutes against a defense that was suppose to be good....

FargoBison
October 18th, 2014, 07:45 PM
I'd like to know how many 15 yd penalties we've had this year. For UC or late hits It is getting real old. And I believe we are doing it so I'm not blaming the refs.

Is would be nice to know how our drives would have gone without those. Not saying it would have changed the game but you don't purposly put yourself in bad field position vs a great defense

Yeah, your coach needs to work on discipline to say the least.

NDSUSR
October 18th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Stay classy Indiana....

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/508773452883296256/ti3W_W3C_bigger.jpeg Christian L. Dudzik ‏@CeeDud (https://twitter.com/CeeDud)

Great Bison win. Dirtiest team we've played, gouging our QB's eyes under the pile. Enjoy your ride home. Go Bison!
https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/261d.png

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Stay classy Indiana....

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/508773452883296256/ti3W_W3C_bigger.jpeg Christian L. Dudzik ‏@CeeDud (https://twitter.com/CeeDud)

Great Bison win. Dirtiest team we've played, gouging our QB's eyes under the pile. Enjoy your ride home. Go Bison!

Not a surprise.

Sitting behind the visitors bench, I could hear all kinds of trash talking from their players. Bison proved they are a much better team today.

If the Bison play like this, which they done the last 2 weeks, nobody in the Valley will come close to them.

CommishBigSmooth
October 18th, 2014, 08:10 PM
That was ugly for ISUb right from the get-go. A very undisciplined and borderline dirty effort. No surprise, that led to shooting themselves in the foot with multiple personal fouls and false starts, and the Bison pass rush set the tone right away to take care of business. Perish never had a chance back there during any meaningful part of the game, and got no help from his running game. 20-zip before the Trees even get a first down, and they didn't get many.

If you look at ISUb on third down, every time they faced that situation for the most part was 5+ yards to go (including that lovely 3rd and 33 from their own 2 towards the end of the first quarter) and even when they got to 3rd-and-1, Logan got stuffed and they gave up the ball again.

And the Trees defense showed little resistance- NDSU didn't even punt until the game was well in hand.

The kick returner stepping out at the 1-yard line topped it all, though. You have to have a thorough and complete lack of awareness to pull that off. Of course, the offense goes 3-and-out, Bison get the ball back and salt the game away with Crockett's TD to make it 34-3.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 18th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Thundar said we would not be using this so, I'm going with us losing by 17. It was that close

Sounds like a moral victory.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2014, 08:26 PM
That was ugly for ISUb right from the get-go. A very undisciplined and borderline dirty effort. No surprise, that led to shooting themselves in the foot with multiple personal fouls and false starts, and the Bison pass rush set the tone right away to take care of business. Perish never had a chance back there during any meaningful part of the game, and got no help from his running game. 20-zip before the Trees even get a first down, and they didn't get many.

If you look at ISUb on third down, every time they faced that situation for the most part was 5+ yards to go (including that lovely 3rd and 33 from their own 2 towards the end of the first quarter) and even when they got to 3rd-and-1, Logan got stuffed and they gave up the ball again.

And the Trees defense showed little resistance- NDSU didn't even punt until the game was well in hand.

The kick returner stepping out at the 1-yard line topped it all, though. You have to have a thorough and complete lack of awareness to pull that off. Of course, the offense goes 3-and-out, Bison get the ball back and salt the game away with Crockett's TD to make it 34-3.

The Trees managed 96 total yards and 3 points on the first string Bison defense. This Bison defense is the best in the FCS and it is not even close.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2014, 08:27 PM

LOL.....sounds like the no name school up north also....xbeerchugx

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 08:31 PM

Just making sure you knew my post was bursting with sarcasm

NoDak 4 Ever
October 18th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Just making sure you knew my post was bursting with sarcasm

Ah, hard to tell. Good sport..not sarcasm

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Stay classy Indiana....

I gotta call a little bull**** here. When did this pile with your QB happen

NDSUSR
October 18th, 2014, 08:36 PM
If you knew him, you would not be questioning him.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2014, 08:37 PM

I'll take his word on it. He's playing in the game.

ISU had personal fouls and unsportsman like conduct calls against them......pretty safe to say this probably did happen.

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Ah, hard to tell. Good sport..not sarcasm

Thundar said he didn't like the "game was closer than the score indicated argument". I was just bringing that back up. This game might as well been 55-3

X-Factor
October 18th, 2014, 08:41 PM
If you knew him, you would not be questioning him.
After seeing how ISU reacted to being humiliated on the field with PFs, I'm not the least surprised.

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 08:41 PM
I'll take his word on it. He's playing in the game.

ISU had personal fouls and unsportsman like conduct calls against them......pretty safe to say this probably did happen.

Im saying we were close to your QB about 2 times

FargoBison
October 18th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Im saying we were close to your QB about 2 times

Guessing it happened on his QB run where he fumbled. Seemed like things got a bit nasty in that pile.

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Guessing it happened on his QB run where he fumbled. Seemed like things got a bit nasty in that pile.

Ill give my guys a little leeway. A lot of stuff happens in a pile. I saw stuff from NDSU too. ESPN3 skipped those 3 plays for me so I didn't see that fumble

FargoBison
October 18th, 2014, 09:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2zDC_PXZxU&feature=youtu.be&a

Bison56
October 18th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Well finally got to watch the game and my biggest concern for the season was the O line and the last 2 games they are really looking dominate.

ming01
October 18th, 2014, 11:57 PM
this team is for real and this offense is the most explosive yet...