PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Power Rankings: Week 7

mmiller_34
October 13th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Some movement this week. MVFC keeps getting more and more interesting.

North Dakota State

Illinois State

Indiana State

Southern Illinois

Northern Iowa

South Dakota State

Youngstown State

Missouri State

Western Illinois

South Dakota

Still In Playoff Hunt:
North Dakota State
Illinois State
Indiana State
Southern Illinois
Youngstown State

On the Brink of Elimination:
Northern Iowa
South Dakota State
Missouri State

Almost Certainly No Playoff Hopes:
South Dakota
Western Illinois

SUPharmacist
October 13th, 2014, 08:16 PM
What do use to come up with the numerical rankings?

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Meh, I don't think UNI's and SDSU's playoff hopes are in the dire straits some are making it out to be. Sure, the loser next week is in trouble but it would still only be the 2nd conference loss for either meaning it's conceivable that either could still get to 6-2 in conference and 8 D1 wins.

mmiller_34
October 13th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Meh, I don't think UNI's and SDSU's playoff hopes are in the dire straits some are making it out to be. Sure, the loser next week is in trouble but it would still only be the 2nd conference loss for either meaning it's conceivable that either could still get to 6-2 in conference and 8 D1 wins.

Maybe not UNI's. SDSU's is with a game against a D-III.

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Maybe not UNI's. SDSU's is with a game against a D-III.
Nah, you guys can still drop a game and be ok. 8-3 (6-2) would get the Jacks in easy. The problem is the Jacks got 3 tough road games in their next 4 so it probably wouldn't be in their best interest to use up that cushion against UNI this weekend. With the strength of the conference literally every team is still alive since every team can still get to 7+ D1 wins with 6+ wins in conference which will look awfully good coming out of the MVFC this year. Some like USD are pretty unlikely but nonetheless everybody still controls their own destiny at this point.

mmiller_34
October 13th, 2014, 08:29 PM
What do use to come up with the numerical rankings?

Simple equation evaluating Wins, Points For, Yards For, Loses, Points Against, Yards Against.

Strength of games is added determined by whether you played a P5 team, G5 team, Ranked FCS team, Limited or Non-Scholly D-I, DII, or DIII/NAIA team. You either get a bonus for playing "Up" or a penalty for playing "down". Not the most complicated SOS system but it seems to work fine for this simple rating.

DISCLAIMER (Since I know I need it here): I do not claim these rankings to be the BE-ALL-END-ALL; its just something fun I do during football season. So take it for what it is worth.

Twentysix
October 14th, 2014, 01:21 AM
Simple equation evaluating Wins, Points For, Yards For, Loses, Points Against, Yards Against.

Strength of games is added determined by whether you played a P5 team, G5 team, Ranked FCS team, Limited or Non-Scholly D-I, DII, or DIII/NAIA team. You either get a bonus for playing "Up" or a penalty for playing "down". Not the most complicated SOS system but it seems to work fine for this simple rating.

DISCLAIMER (Since I know I need it here): I do not claim these rankings to be the BE-ALL-END-ALL; its just something fun I do during football season. So take it for what it is worth.

Keep doing what you are doing. xthumbsupx