Monmouth Hawks

James Madison Dukes

Albany Great Danes

North Carolina A&T Aggies

Bucknell Bison

Southeast Missouri State Redhawks

Yale Bulldogs

Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks

If you are a voter please check this link.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?162051-Poll-voter-s-please-read&p=2160050#post2160050

Twentysix
October 13th, 2014, 12:21 PM
dang, NDSU spanks a top 11 team by 4 touchdowns and loses ground on the first place race.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 13th, 2014, 12:24 PM
dang, NDSU spanks a top 11 team by 4 touchdowns and loses ground on the first place race.

Because the CAA posters want to ignore Villanova's schedule and pump them up.

Twentysix
October 13th, 2014, 12:26 PM
I mean they beat 0-6 Rhode Island by less points than we beat 5-2 (losses to Purdue and #1 NDSU) #11 SIU, and they gained 9 new first place votes? I don't vote this season, it just seemed weird to me.

Twentysix
October 13th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Correction, they actually lost 3 first place votes. I just noticed I was comparing weeks 5 and 7.

JMUNJ08
October 13th, 2014, 12:31 PM
My 22-25 are all in ORV section but I cannot see why people are voting in Chattanooga... Their best win is Samford whose best win is what? VMI or new kid Mercer? Also, surprised people got Harvard in with their brutally pillow soft schedule to 4-0...

1: North Dakota State Bison
2: Villanova Wildcats
3: New Hampshire Wildcats
4: Eastern Washington Eagles
5: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
6: Illinois State Redbirds
7: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
8: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
9: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
10: Montana Grizzlies
11: Fordham Rams
12: Richmond Spiders
13: Montana State Bobcats
14: McNeese State Cowboys
15: Indiana State Sycamores
16: Southern Illinois Salukis
17: William & Mary Tribe
18: Youngstown State Penguins
19: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
20: Charleston Southern Buccaneers
21: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
22: Bryant Bulldogs
23: Sacred Heart Pioneers
24: Central Arkansas Bears
25: James Madison Dukes

Mattymc727
I dont vote either, but wasnt Nova up like 38-0 at half and Rhody scored 20 in the fourth against nobodys? Tough to question their blowout.

I also thought UNH's performance might have warranted a jump from 4 to 3 ahead of EWU, but thats just being picky.

HailSzczur
I mean they beat 0-6 Rhode Island by less points than we beat 5-2 (losses to Purdue and #1 NDSU) #11 SIU, and they gained 9 new first place votes? I don't vote this season, it just seemed weird to me.

You've not gonna pull margin of victory crap are you? We played our 2nd and 3rd stringers the entire 2nd half. I'll take SOS arguments, but that's a crappy argument.

I do agree with you, though, we shouldn't be gaining. And probably don't deserve the first place votes. Honestly I think Nova and UNH should be in a dead lock, at least for this week.

Twentysix
October 13th, 2014, 12:33 PM
You've not gonna pull margin of victory crap are you? We played our 2nd and 3rd stringers the entire 2nd half. I'll take SOS arguments, but that's a crappy argument.

I do agree with you, though, we shouldn't be gaining. And probably don't deserve the first place votes. Honestly I think Nova and UNH should be in a dead lock, at least for this week.

Kind of, I was comparing margin of victory and quality of opponent together. URI =/= SIU.

URI with 14 men on the field =/= SIU.

Either way, I was comparing week 5 and week 7 errantly. Villanova slid backwards by a few first place votes this week.

Nova09

Actually we lost 3 first place votes, but there were fewer voters this week, which makes everything get closer together. NDSU is exactly where they deserve to be, solidly in 1st place. And FWIW, we were literally playing our 3rd string QB for significant amount of time because we were up 44-0 with so much time left, even 2nd string would have just run out clock.

JMUNJ08

Check Supe's 'how they fared' thread. Up 37-0 at half and 3rd string allowed 21 points in fourth quarter. I think they held a raffle for a lucky fan to play linebacker for a series...

BEAR
October 13th, 2014, 12:34 PM
My Bears up to #28! xthumbsupx

Next week... A SELA Lions team that is on a roll!

Great voting AGS community!

paward
October 13th, 2014, 12:35 PM
I am CAA all the way but I critique them harder than others. I love my tean and conference but make it a point to look at all angles before their placement. With that said Villanova is not my number one, NDSU is. I can see how they did get some number one votes. However the reason for less number one votes is more than likely each week we get less voters.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Because the CAA posters want to ignore Villanova's schedule and pump them up.

What proof you got on this conspiracy? If this count relied on CAA voters then they would have 2 first place votes and neither of those would be Nova voters.

knucklehead
October 13th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Very nice poll! 3 Big South Teams in!

Go Green
October 13th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Would be curious to hear the rationale for the people who put Yale on their ballots, but not Dartmouth.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 13th, 2014, 12:38 PM
What proof you got on this conspiracy? If this count relied on CAA voters then they would have 2 first place votes and neither of those would be Nova voters.

Nothing, just poking the beehive.

Twentysix
Would be curious to hear the rationale for the people who put Yale on their ballots, but not Dartmouth.

One Ivy is too many. Glad I could clear that up for you, just go enjoy your yacht and don't worry about football polls :p.

JMUNJ08

Only 1 other CAA voter than me? Shows the hard times for the once mighty conference... Great to see JMU getting more respect then from other voters!

HailSzczur
October 13th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Check Supe's 'how they fared' thread. Up 37-0 at half and 3rd string allowed 21 points in fourth quarter. I think they held a raffle for a lucky fan to play linebacker for a series...

You're not too far off.....

Twentysix
October 13th, 2014, 12:40 PM
You're not too far off.....

You let a cat play on your football team? That is outrageous.

ursus arctos horribilis
Only 1 other CAA voter than me? Shows the hard times for the once mighty conference... Great to see JMU getting more respect then from other voters!

No there are more than two total CAA voters. I was talking about only 2 of the 11 votes were CAA for Villanova #1.

HailSzczur

I think that was only 2 CAA voters gave Nova the #1 vote. I was #1 NDSU #2 Nova #3 UNH

paward
October 13th, 2014, 12:44 PM
One Ivy is too many. Glad I could clear that up for you, just go enjoy your yacht and don't worry about football polls :p.

We CAA folks have to stick together.

tomq04
October 13th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Couple of us EWU fans put Villanova #1, i might reconsider next weekend.

I also know that we both dropped EWU to #4 and 5 between us.

1. Villanova
2. NDSU
3. UNH
4. Costal
5. EWU

Once Vernon comes back I would put EWU back to #3.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 13th, 2014, 12:48 PM
New Hampshire didn't just beat their Southern nemesis William and Mary, they destroyed them. No 1st place votes? I didn't do that this week be I seriously thought about it.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 13th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Well there is some kind of NDSU bias going on out there. a FBS win, 2 top 15 wins by double digits and 6 DI wins.

I'm not sure what else the 3 time defending champion needs to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Couple of us EWU fans put Villanova #1, i might reconsider next weekend.

I also know that we both dropped EWU to #4 and 5 between us.

1. Villanova
2. NDSU
3. UNH
4. Costal
5. EWU

Once Vernon comes back I would put EWU back to #3.

Yep, exactly what I thought.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 13th, 2014, 12:49 PM
5: Illinois State Redbirds
6: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
7: Southern Illinois Salukis
8: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
9: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
11: Richmond Spiders
12: Fordham Rams
14: William & Mary Tribe
15: McNeese State Cowboys
16: Indiana State Sycamores
17: Youngstown State Penguins
18: Bryant Bulldogs
20: Sacred Heart Pioneers
21: Monmouth Hawks
22: Northern Iowa Panthers
23: Harvard Crimson
24: Charleston Southern Buccaneers
25: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats

tomq04
October 13th, 2014, 12:52 PM
I really want to see Montana State in the top 10, but I have a hard time voting them ahead of Montana until their wheels fall off.

superman7515
October 13th, 2014, 12:54 PM

And that 76-year-old woman performed pretty well against URI. 2 tackles for a loss, including a 7-yard loss on a sack, but they did throw against her for a 6-yard gain on 4th and 27. She seemed pretty upset about it and it looked like she put a little extra "uumph" into the hit when she brought him down.

WrenFGun
October 13th, 2014, 01:01 PM
I'm fine with UNH at #4, but from a sheer resume and performance perspective, not sure why UNH isn't #3 and perhaps #2. They've got two wins over top 15 teams and a third win over a team that just beat Yale.

Nova09
October 13th, 2014, 01:06 PM
You let a cat play on your football team? That is outrageous.

Don't disparage William Delano Cat. There is a long tradition of feline inspired athletic success at Nova:

http://www.villanova.com/trads/nova-mascot.html

dewey
October 13th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Here is my poll. I moved EWU down to #4 and moved UNH up to #3. My rationale was how UNH destroyed William & Mary a top 15 team and EWU having so may close calls and not having VA.

The teams in the 20-25 range are tough and could easily understand criticism of those teams.

1:*North Dakota State Bison
2:*Villanova Wildcats
3:*New Hampshire Wildcats
4:*Eastern Washington Eagles
5:*Montana Grizzlies
6:*Illinois State Redbirds
7:*Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
8:*Eastern Kentucky Colonels
9:*Jacksonville State Gamecocks
10:*Montana State Bobcats
11:*Southeastern Louisiana Lions
12:*Richmond Spiders
13:*Indiana State Sycamores
14:*Southern Illinois Salukis
15:*South Dakota State Jackrabbits
16:*McNeese State Cowboys
17:*Northern Iowa Panthers
18:*Central Arkansas Bears
19:*Fordham Rams
20:*William & Mary Tribe
21:*Chattanooga Mocs
22:*Charleston Southern Buccaneers
23:*Liberty Flames
24:*Sacred Heart Pioneers
25:*Western Illinois Leathernecks

Dewey

Nova09
October 13th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Well there is some kind of NDSU bias going on out there. a FBS win, 2 top 15 wins by double digits and 6 DI wins.

...don't let WIU have a 4th quarter lead?

But yeah, SIU sure earned that top ranking with their thrashing of Taylor, whoever she is

bluehenbillk
October 13th, 2014, 01:11 PM
BOOM!

I think for the 1st time ever I went 25/25, different order, but all I got the same 25 teams as the poll.

I think McNeese got a little of the shaft vs SIU this week in dropping but hey, read em & behold:

3: Eastern Washington Eagles
4: Illinois State Redbirds
5: New Hampshire Wildcats
6: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
7: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
9: Richmond Spiders
10: McNeese State Cowboys
11: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
12: Montana State Bobcats
13: Montana Grizzlies
14: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
16: Fordham Rams
17: Southern Illinois Salukis
19: William & Mary Tribe
20: Harvard Crimson
21: Northern Iowa Panthers
22: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
23: Charleston Southern Buccaneers
24: Chattanooga Mocs
25: Liberty Flames

gotts
October 13th, 2014, 01:12 PM

I'll echo this. Just didn't feel right going into the SIU team, but the NDSU performance clearly changed my mind.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 13th, 2014, 01:19 PM
...don't let WIU have a 4th quarter lead?

But yeah, SIU sure earned that top ranking with their thrashing of Taylor, whoever she is

A win is a win. When you win 30 in a row, you don't always get 100% up for every one.

Then again, nobody has won 30 in a row so I guess this is all new territory.

BisonFan02
October 13th, 2014, 01:21 PM
7: Montana Grizzlies
9: Southern Illinois Salukis
10: Indiana State Sycamores
11: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
12: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
13: Richmond Spiders
14: Montana State Bobcats
15: McNeese State Cowboys
16: William & Mary Tribe
17: Fordham Rams
18: Chattanooga Mocs
19: Central Arkansas Bears
20: Northern Iowa Panthers
21: Youngstown State Penguins
22: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
24: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
25: Liberty Flames

Nova09
October 13th, 2014, 01:22 PM
A win is a win. When you win 30 in a row, you don't always get 100% up for every one.

Then again, nobody has won 30 in a row so I guess this is all new territory.

You can't argue you deserve more credit for margin of victory this week but say last week's margin of victory doesn't matter.

You have 85% of the first place votes. If I did a poll you would have 1 more first place vote. I don't know what you are complaining about, unless it is just some inside thing between you guys and EWU fans and they dragged us into the middle because it would be too obvious if they propped up their own team.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 13th, 2014, 01:25 PM
You can't argue you deserve more credit for margin of victory this week but say last week's margin of victory doesn't matter.

You have 85% of the first place votes. If I did a poll you would have 1 more first place vote. I don't know what you are complaining about, unless it is just some inside thing between you guys and EWU fans and they dragged us into the middle because it would be too obvious if they propped up their own team.

I have a very strong hunch this is true.

UNH Fanboi
October 13th, 2014, 01:28 PM
I'm fine with UNH at #4, but from a sheer resume and performance perspective, not sure why UNH isn't #3 and perhaps #2. They've got two wins over top 15 teams and a third win over a team that just beat Yale.

Eh, I think we will find out over the next few weeks how impressive the Richmond and W&M wins really were (though Richmond is without their QB, so that may skew things a little). You might as well have EWU, Nova and UNH all tied for 2nd. There are arguments you can make for and against all of them. I think we'll see some separation in the coming weeks.

JSUBison
October 13th, 2014, 01:32 PM
I have Villanova and EWU ahead of UNH in my poll because of the way each of those teams lost. Nova and EWU were not just competitive, they almost won. The UNH/Toledo game was not in question.

Bison56
October 13th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Harvard top 25???

Mattymc727
October 13th, 2014, 01:46 PM
I have Villanova and EWU ahead of UNH in my poll because of the way each of those teams lost. Nova and EWU were not just competitive, they almost won. The UNH/Toledo game was not in question.

While thats a fair point, you could also look at EWU barely beating Idaho State, while UNH handled all of their cupcakes.

At this stage 1-5 doesnt really matter. Once we get down to the last few weeks, it will matter for seeding.

dewey
October 13th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Harvard top 25???

Their schedule has been very soft.
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/teamschedule?teamId=108
Holy Cross W 41-18
@ Brown 22-14
@ Georgetown 34-3
Cornell 24-7

Harvard does play Lafayette, Princeton and Yale coming up and they need to remain undefeated for them to be in my top 25.

Dewey

dewey
October 13th, 2014, 01:49 PM
At this stage 1-5 doesnt really matter. Once we get down to the last few weeks, it will matter for seeding.

100% agreed.

Dewey

Kemo
October 13th, 2014, 01:55 PM
My top 25:

Good showing against a quality opponent. No reason to even consider moving them after this week's performance.

Beat a team in the first half, rested in the second. Seems legit.

Their showing against Bill and Mary validates them a lot more in my mind and, in turn, they hopped EWU.

Still a prolific offense even with Vernon Adams on the shelf.

Snuck out a road win against the most underrated team in the FCS. Resume has greatly strengthened over the last 2 weeks.

The Roosters of Chaos continue to stay in the top 10 by mounting wins against a lackluster schedule.

7: Indiana State Sycamores

Were a poor kickoff away from beating my #5 with their backup QB. No need to drop them much.

8: Montana Grizzlies

Hibernated this weekend,

9: Southeastern Louisiana Lions

I still like this team even with their hiccup on the schedule

10: Jacksonville State Gamecocks

They get a slight bump after a decent win and a couple teams ahead of them losing.

11: Southern Illinois Salukis

More competitive than the score in one of the most hostile environments in FCS football. Can't really ding them too bad.

Good team, just not sure how good yet.

13: Chattanooga Mocs

Didn't learn anything new about them in their lose to the Volunteers.

Bad lose, pure and simple. Sammy has been a disorganized mess and they still managed to Rick Roll (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ) the Cowboys.

15: Montana State Bobcats

Some might give the Kitties brownie points for desecrating the corpse of UC Davis. I am not one of these people.

16: Eastern Kentucky Colonels

Was on the ropes at home against (L)eastern Illinois. Outside Miami OH, can't say I've been overly excited about their results

17: South Dakota State Jackrabbits

Decided that turning the ball over and having zero semblance of a run defense was not a recipe for success in the 2nd half of the MSU game. UNI will be a measuring stick to see if the team was just in a 6 quarter funk or if suspect play will be a regular occurrence in Valley match ups.

18: Northern Iowa Panthers

Didn't look that great in their win against the mangy mutts, but apparently USD just brings that out in teams.

Not saying they should have beat UNH, but they should have competed better than that.

20: Fordham Rams

When asking for their quality win, I feel as though I'm repeating "Bueller" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP0mQeLWCCo) over and over in vein.

Western Illinois was underrated and Youngstown State was overrated. Not really surprised by the result of this weeks game.

22: Liberty Flames

Pulled Yosef out of his cabin and took him to the woodshed (kind of). Nice win none-the-less.

Would have been more impressed if they did this well against Vandy in a spelling contest, but I guess I'll give a tip-of-the-hat to the Buccaneers football team anyways.

A good PR firm could spin their victory against the Bison to make it look much more appealing.

25: Missouri State Bears

Couple tough loses, but still a good team.

Red & Black
October 13th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Nothing, just poking the beehive.

I also had Nova at #1, and I'm no CAA lover.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 13th, 2014, 02:15 PM

You are only further confirming my other suspicion.

Red & Black
October 13th, 2014, 02:18 PM
While thats a fair point, you could also look at EWU barely beating Idaho State, while UNH handled all of their cupcakes.

As funny as it sounds, Idaho State is not a cupcake this year, in my opinion. And at the end of the season I think their record will show that.

Red & Black
October 13th, 2014, 02:22 PM

NDSU and Nova are probably interchangeable at this point, but I could see why people might raise an eyebrow at having Nova ranked #1 over an undefeated team...but I honestly think with the way they're playing right now Nova should get some serious consideration.

And FWIW, most EWU voters that I know of that vote in the AGS poll have us in the 3-5 range, and a few have NDSU in the #1 spot, so I don't think there's any conspiracy going on there. With Adams, we are probably in the discussion of the top 3 teams, but right now it is what it is.

robsnotes4u
October 13th, 2014, 02:53 PM
As funny as it sounds, Idaho State is not a cupcake this year, in my opinion. And at the end of the season I think their record will show that.

Idaho State could end up with only two conference losses, EWU and MSU. Could be really weird with not everyone playing everyone.

Grizalltheway
October 13th, 2014, 03:13 PM

I agree. Their offense is nearly as potent as Eastern's and MSU's, and their defense isn't much worse. Certainly not the ISU of recent years.

Grizalltheway
October 13th, 2014, 03:15 PM
I have a very strong hunch this is true.

The tin foil is strong with this one.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2014, 03:17 PM
I agree. Their offense is nearly as potent as Eastern's and MSU's, and their defense isn't much worse. Certainly not the ISU of recent years.

They are good. I knew they were going to be good and have been saying it along with other BSC fans that know what Kramer does for a couple years now. If you are spouting that ISU is a doormat this year or looking at a victory over them as a lesser victory then I'm sorry to inform you but you just don't know what the hell you are talking about.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2014, 03:23 PM

I know where you are going with this and I could actually see it as plausible except for the fact that not one of the EWU fans that are voting this way have ever been anything but straight up and don't have the SE174 type of thing going when they are talking football. I mean honestly have ever seen one of these guys not be just logical and use critical thinking when discussion on the matter came up?

Not ot mention with all of them and the CAA homers we are still at less than 1/2 the total #1 votes for Nova. Not saying it isn't signicant but that another, larger group with no apparent vested interests in the matter agree with that 1/2.

BisonFan02
October 13th, 2014, 03:26 PM
I know where you are going with this and I could actually see it as plausible except for the fact that not one of the EWU fans that are voting this way have ever been anything but straight up and don't have the SE174 type of thing going when they are talking football. I mean honestly have ever seen one of these guys not be just logical and use critical thinking when discussion on the matter came up?

Not ot mention with all of them and the CAA homers we are still at less than 1/2 the total #1 votes for Nova. Not saying it isn't signicant but that another, larger group with no apparent vested interests in the matter agree with that 1/2.

This. Hell...I had Nova #1 last week. NDSU showed me enough against SIU to put them back at #1, but the leash is short. I bumped up UNH too (now #3) for their performance. Both Nova and UNH could push NDSU if they keep performing against CAA competition.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 13th, 2014, 03:28 PM
After the SIU win, I'm a believer now. AS I said, NDSU has performed well against better competition. If you doubted their ability to come back after the turnover, it should be over now. For that reasoning a team that hasn't lost in 2 calendar years should probably be #1.

Remember when UNH and Towson performed well against CAA competition last year? What happened there?

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2014, 03:37 PM
After the SIU win, I'm a believer now. AS I said, NDSU has performed well against better competition. If you doubted their ability to come back after the turnover, it should be over now. For that reasoning a team that hasn't lost in 2 calendar years should probably be #1.

Remember when UNH and Towson performed well against CAA competition last year? What happened there?

You have to be pretty full of yourself brother to think that a minority thinking that maybe another team is as good or slightly better than your #1 isn't a good possibility in a poll of various opinions.

Seriously man, it's 6 to 1 and what happened last year with UNH or Towson or whatever doesn't matter a whole lot right now. Your own team has went from 3-8 to the playoffs the next year so let's trim the fat off that a little bit.xthumbsupx

MTfan4life
October 13th, 2014, 03:39 PM

Cupcakes don't have running backs who averaged over 100 yards per game on two legitimate FBS programs, especially considering they're not known for running the ball. The combination of RB's Xavier Finney/Daniel McSurdy, QB Justin Arias, and their receiving corps is as close to Eastern Washington's offensive balance and strength as anybody can get in the conference, imo. Sure Montana State's offense is just as good, if not better, but I think ISU's running backs have a slight edge on MSU's.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 13th, 2014, 03:40 PM
You have to be pretty full of yourself brother to think that a minority thinking that maybe another team is as good or slightly better than your #1 isn't a good possibility in a poll of various opinions.

Seriously man, it's 6 to 1 and what happened last year with UNH or Towson or whatever doesn't matter a whole lot right now. Your own team has went from 3-8 to the playoffs the next year so let's trim the fat off that a little bit.xthumbsupx

I'm just curious how a wire to wire #1, who has yet to lose, wouldn't be the same. I'd say the same for any team in a similar situation (although there probably never will be).

tomq04
October 13th, 2014, 03:46 PM
I'm just curious how a wire to wire #1, who has yet to lose, wouldn't be the same. I'd say the same for any team in a similar situation (although there probably never will be).

It's plausible that I'm confused, or don't know what I'm talking about and I'm ok with that. I'm however operating under the assumption that every single year is different in college ball and teams should be graded thusly.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2014, 03:47 PM

Well honestly I think it's because one of the better things about this poll is that a good deal of voters don't marry themselves to the notion that sliding teams is the correct way to do things. Without losing on the field a team can drop in this poll because of this. If I had team x at #1 and I think team y deserves it this week even though both won then I'll go with team y.

Look at BF02, he has had Nova #1 for a few weeks if not more but this week he moved them down 1 spot and the Bison up 1 spot for I would imagine much the same reason you are now a believer...he was impressed with the SIU win. So he had the same impression you did but he went against what you are saying he should have done with his poll if slotting is the way to go or am I just missing something here?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 13th, 2014, 03:53 PM
It's plausible that I'm confused, or don't know what I'm talking about and I'm ok with that. I'm however operating under the assumption that every single year is different in college ball and teams should be graded thusly.

So tell me this year, what's different?

Well honestly I think it's because one of the better things about this poll is that a good deal of voters don't marry themselves to the notion that sliding teams is the correct way to do things. Without losing on the field a team can drop in this poll because of this. If I had team x at #1 and I think team y deserves it this week even though both won then I'll go with team y.

Look at BF02, he has had Nova #1 for a few weeks if not more but this week he moved them down 1 spot and the Bison up 1 spot for I would imagine much the same reason you are now a believer...he was impressed with the SIU win. So he had the same impression you did but he went against what you are saying he should have done with his poll if slotting is the way to go or am I just missing something here?

I had EWU as my preseason #1 for the same reason I mentioned earlier. After the Iowa State game that notion went out the window quickly. That's all.

Nova09
October 13th, 2014, 04:00 PM

UNH didn't do particularly well against CAA competition. They snuck into the playoffs and knocked off the CAA team that would have been the worst matchup from your perspective of the 3 that made the playoffs. Towson got crushed by Nova, regardless of final score...

So tell me this year, what's different?

...which brings us to Nova being healthy is what's different. Or healthier. We have a bunch of starters injured again this year, but hopefully have most of them back for the meat of our schedule. Healthy Nova would have made the playoffs and style would have been very difficult for you if we played. Inexperienced Nova gave up a TD and game winning 2 pt conversion to UNH at UNH with less than a minute to go, so you got to see them in the dome instead.

JMUNJ08
October 13th, 2014, 04:05 PM

Mississippi State would like to speak to you about how they displaced undefeated and prior year national champion Florida State at the top of the major polls... after being unranked in early September...

clawman
October 13th, 2014, 04:11 PM

Why?
Have you watched Villanova games or how are you forming your opinion? Granted Nova only has one loss, to a 2-4 Syracuse. Their best win is against a 6-1 Fordham then 4-3 James Madison. Other three teams they beat have collectively 2 wins total. What am I missing here that they should be #1?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 13th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Mississippi State would like to speak to you about how they displaced undefeated and prior year national champion Florida State at the top of the major polls... after being unranked in early September...

They have 3 ranked wins vs. 1

Kind of like having 2 ranked wins vs. 0, eh?

FargoBison
October 13th, 2014, 04:17 PM
I also don't get the logic for EWU or Nova over NDSU. People who are voting this way please enlighten me.

IBleedYellow
October 13th, 2014, 04:22 PM

Winning 3 weeks of back to back to back top 10 teams should put you in first place.

Going back to the FCS, I've yet to see EWU or Nova beat a ranked team more than NDSU has beaten ranked teams (Montana, SIU come to mind right away.)

Nova09
October 13th, 2014, 04:22 PM

Who has 0? EWU (I honestly don't know their schedule)? Nova and UNH have beaten ranked teams. And JMU is an ot loss on road away from being ranked, while Montana is the lsightest bit of SD or ND competence away from being unranked, so don't act like difference is so vast.

dewey
October 13th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Is there really an argument about NDSU not getting all of the first place votes? I could see an argument where someone has Villanova, NDSU or Eastern Washington.

Dewey

Twentysix
October 13th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Is there really an argument about NDSU not getting all of the first place votes? I could see an argument where someone has Villanova, NDSU or Eastern Washington.

Dewey

Or Charleston Southern.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7f1yu5G3n1qeablwo1_250.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2014, 04:43 PM

Dewey

That's the point to me. NDSU has again won the heats of the overwhelming majority of voters. The fact that there might be a minority not of that belief being surprising to anyone I do not get.

And in response to clawman, yes many of us have seen Villanova play as much as we've seen NDSU play this year so it's most likely that one isn't voting them #1 without seeing them play.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 13th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Here's mine. I'm surprised to see Montana continuing to have such an edge in the poll vs Montana State. Looking at their resumes they seem pretty close, with MSU perhaps being a bit better.

5: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
7: Illinois State Redbirds
8: Fordham Rams
10: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
11: Montana State Bobcats
12: Montana Grizzlies
13: Indiana State Sycamores
14: Richmond Spiders
15: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
16: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
17: Southern Illinois Salukis
18: Charleston Southern Buccaneers
19: Bryant Bulldogs
20: Sacred Heart Pioneers
22: William & Mary Tribe
23: McNeese State Cowboys
24: North Carolina A&T Aggies
25: Albany Great Danes

Gil Dobie
October 13th, 2014, 04:57 PM

I've had UNH above Nova all season. Both great teams, just haven't seen a reason to jump Nova over UNH yet. Could be 2 undefeated in conference, CAA teams at the end of the season.

JMUNJ08
October 13th, 2014, 04:57 PM

Winning 3 weeks of back to back to back top 10 teams should put you in first place.

Going back to the FCS, I've yet to see EWU or Nova beat a ranked team more than NDSU has beaten ranked teams (Montana, SIU come to mind right away.)

Its just an example that an undefeated prior year National Champion could be bumped. I didn't say that Nova beat 3 top 10 teams to trump NDSU's solid top 15ish wins just that its plausible...

BTW, as I posted earlier in the thread, I have NDSU #1 but Nova pressing them at #2. My main thing was that they dominated URI so soundly this weekend but that is to be 'business as usual' type of win while NDSU clearly beat a top FCS squad. Nova will have its chances though (same with UNH frankly but sadly not against each other)

GoAgs72
October 13th, 2014, 04:58 PM
I'm back on the bandwagon. I had NDSU at #2 and Villanova at #1 last week - reversed the order this week. I also have New Hampshire at #3 and Eastern Washington at #4. After having watched a number of them play - no Big Sky team has a well-balanced complete team, but there are some excellent offenses.

IBleedYellow
October 13th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Its just an example that an undefeated prior year National Champion could be bumped. I didn't say that Nova beat 3 top 10 teams to trump NDSU's solid top 15ish wins just that its plausible...

BTW, as I posted earlier in the thread, I have NDSU #1 but Nova pressing them at #2. My main thing was that they dominated URI so soundly this weekend but that is to be 'business as usual' type of win while NDSU clearly beat a top FCS squad. Nova will have its chances though (same with UNH frankly but sadly not against each other)
No worries, I was just posting showing how Florida State got passed.

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Guess some bison fans need something to whine about.....

Engineer86
October 13th, 2014, 05:54 PM
My top 25:

Good showing against a quality opponent. No reason to even consider moving them after this week's performance.

Beat a team in the first half, rested in the second. Seems legit.

Their showing against Bill and Mary validates them a lot more in my mind and, in turn, they hopped EWU.

Still a prolific offense even with Vernon Adams on the shelf.

Snuck out a road win against the most underrated team in the FCS. Resume has greatly strengthened over the last 2 weeks.

The Roosters of Chaos continue to stay in the top 10 by mounting wins against a lackluster schedule.

7: Indiana State Sycamores

Were a poor kickoff away from beating my #5 with their backup QB. No need to drop them much.

8: Montana Grizzlies

Hibernated this weekend,

9: Southeastern Louisiana Lions

I still like this team even with their hiccup on the schedule

10: Jacksonville State Gamecocks

They get a slight bump after a decent win and a couple teams ahead of them losing.

11: Southern Illinois Salukis

More competitive than the score in one of the most hostile environments in FCS football. Can't really ding them too bad.

Good team, just not sure how good yet.

13: Chattanooga Mocs

Didn't learn anything new about them in their lose to the Volunteers.

Bad lose, pure and simple. Sammy has been a disorganized mess and they still managed to Rick Roll (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ) the Cowboys.

15: Montana State Bobcats

Some might give the Kitties brownie points for desecrating the corpse of UC Davis. I am not one of these people.

16: Eastern Kentucky Colonels

Was on the ropes at home against (L)eastern Illinois. Outside Miami OH, can't say I've been overly excited about their results

17: South Dakota State Jackrabbits

Decided that turning the ball over and having zero semblance of a run defense was not a recipe for success in the 2nd half of the MSU game. UNI will be a measuring stick to see if the team was just in a 6 quarter funk or if suspect play will be a regular occurrence in Valley match ups.

18: Northern Iowa Panthers

Didn't look that great in their win against the mangy mutts, but apparently USD just brings that out in teams.

Not saying they should have beat UNH, but they should have competed better than that.

20: Fordham Rams

When asking for their quality win, I feel as though I'm repeating "Bueller" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP0mQeLWCCo) over and over in vein.

Western Illinois was underrated and Youngstown State was overrated. Not really surprised by the result of this weeks game.

22: Liberty Flames

Pulled Yosef out of his cabin and took him to the woodshed (kind of). Nice win none-the-less.

Would have been more impressed if they did this well against Vandy in a spelling contest, but I guess I'll give a tip-of-the-hat to the Buccaneers football team anyways.

A good PR firm could spin their victory against the Bison to make it look much more appealing.

25: Missouri State Bears

Couple tough loses, but still a good team.

I understand your Fordham comment, but then you have Chatty at 13 with huge wins over ....

and several others hers still leave that same question hanging out there.

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2014, 06:00 PM
I understand your Fordham comment, but then you have Chatty at 13 with huge wins over ....

How many got boat raced like Fordham did against Nova though?

ngineer
October 13th, 2014, 06:23 PM
I dont vote either, but wasnt Nova up like 38-0 at half and Rhody scored 20 in the fourth against nobodys? Tough to question their blowout.

I also thought UNH's performance might have warranted a jump from 4 to 3 ahead of EWU, but thats just being picky.

Agreed. You cannot got by point spreads. Good coaches will pull their starters when the game is out of hand in order to give the 'youngsters' game experience. Scoring a bunch of points against the 2/3 deep should not be used against a team. That thinking was used against Penn State for many years when Paterno refused t run it up on an opponent.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 13th, 2014, 06:30 PM
At some point you simply have to believe in certain teams regardless of schedule. The schedule, imo, doesn't determine the actual quality of the team, the players and coaches do. If a team plays a "lesser" schedule but shows a reasonable level of dominance I'm not going to penalize them. Now if you're scheduling multiple D2/D2/NAIA teams I draw the line....

Engineer86
October 13th, 2014, 06:32 PM
How many got boat raced like Fordham did against Nova though?

I see ya, and raise you how many squeaked by weak teams rather than obliterate them as Fordham did.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2014, 06:34 PM
At some point you simply have to believe in certain teams regardless of schedule. The schedule, imo, doesn't determine the actual quality of the team, the players and coaches do. If a team plays a "lesser" schedule but shows a reasonable level of dominance I'm not going to penalize them. Now if you're scheduling multiple D2/D2/NAIA teams I draw the line....

I can see that but one of the most dominant teams in playoff history was the 1995 Montana squad and we played three, that's right three D2's that year. So this kind of goes along with what you are saying in the beginning but goes against what you end with.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 13th, 2014, 06:36 PM
I can see that but one of the most dominant teams in playoff history was the 1995 Montana squad and we played three, that's right three D2's that year. So this kind of goes along with what you are saying in the beginning but goes against what you end with.

That has to be an anomaly. Plus, Montana was a established brand in an established conference. Things were obviously different back then. Youngstown State had some odd schedules in the mid 90's too. IIRC, there were a couple seasons where they played 2 FBS and 2 D2 games....

kalm
October 13th, 2014, 06:46 PM
That has to be an anomaly. Plus, Montana was a established brand in an established conference. Things were obviously different back then. Youngstown State had some odd schedules in the mid 90's too. IIRC, there were a couple seasons where they played 2 FBS and 2 D2 games....

You're inflating lower FCS conferences vs. d2

Kemo
October 13th, 2014, 06:51 PM

I appreciate the critique (yes, I'm serious), as I have no doubt there are variables and inconsistencies in my poll which I have not considered. I'm not above making adjustments in future polls based on new/unconsidered information.

My thought process in the Chatty vs. Fordham argument is that Chatty has competed better against a tougher schedule, even if they are prone to tripping over their own feet at times. Chatty outplayed a MAC school but couldn't seal the deal; Played even with a strong Jacksonville State squad (of course, they managed to lose in OT); and they beat a Samford squad that I find superior to any win on Fordham's schedule to this point. Maybe I don't value victories over Ivy League schools as I high as I should, but I doubt it.

So essentially, my argument for Chatty is that they have only 1 FCS loss in a tossup game against a team I currently have ranked #10, and my argument against Fordham is that all their wins are against teams I find to be weak opponents, while in their one game against a quality opponent (granted, a very good opponent), they were Danza Slapped into submission.

When I create my weekly poll, I try to balance what I know and what I believe. The good thing is, as the season goes on, I can rely more on what I know and less on what I believe.

FargoBison
October 13th, 2014, 06:55 PM

Not whining, I just want to know the logic behind it.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 13th, 2014, 06:56 PM
You're inflating lower FCS conferences vs. d2

I don't follow?

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2014, 06:56 PM

Yeah we played Washington State that year as well.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Yeah we played Washington State that year as well.

Ah, now that I think about it we played WA State in 92 or 93 and 96. Never mind on that last one.

Engineer86
October 13th, 2014, 07:12 PM
I appreciate the critique (yes, I'm serious), as I have no doubt there are variables and inconsistencies in my poll which I have not considered. I'm not above making adjustments in future polls based on new/unconsidered information.

My thought process in the Chatty vs. Fordham argument is that Chatty has competed better against a tougher schedule, even if they are prone to tripping over their own feet at times. Chatty outplayed a MAC school but couldn't seal the deal; Played even with a strong Jacksonville State squad (of course, they managed to lose in OT); and they beat a Samford squad that I find superior to any win on Fordham's schedule to this point. Maybe I don't value victories over Ivy League schools as I high as I should, but I doubt it.

So essentially, my argument for Chatty is that they have only 1 FCS loss in a tossup game against a team I currently have ranked #10, and my argument against Fordham is that all their wins are against teams I find to be weak opponents, while in their one game against a quality opponent (granted, a very good opponent), they were Danza Slapped into submission.

When I create my weekly poll, I try to balance what I know and what I believe. The good thing is, as the season goes on, I can rely more on what I know and less on what I believe.

I appreciate the response but I think you are living in the past. What is there to support any view of Samford as a good team. There three wins are against horrible teams. The Southern conference is a shell of itself. Fordham has not just beaten the teams they beat, they smoked them. I guess we will see when they play Army to end the year.

I have Fordham not much higher than you do, but chatty, is in the 20s

Samford xrotatehx:D

- - - Updated - - -

I appreciate the response but I think you are living in the past. What is there to support any view of Samford as a good team. There three wins are against horrible teams. The Southern conference is a shell of itself. Fordham has not just beaten the teams they beat, they smoked them. I guess we will see when they play Army to end the year.

I have Fordham not much higher than you do, but chatty, is in the 20s

Samford xrotatehx:D

veinup
October 13th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Montana is wayyy too high in every poll, including this one. I don't get it.

kalm
October 13th, 2014, 07:41 PM
I don't follow?

You're suggesting we ignore SOS when it comes to weaker conferences yet say it's different when teams schedule multiple D2.

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Who has 0? EWU (I honestly don't know their schedule)? Nova and UNH have beaten ranked teams. And JMU is an ot loss on road away from being ranked, while Montana is the lsightest bit of SD or ND competence away from being unranked, so don't act like difference is so vast.

19836............DUH DUKIES....LOST TA DELAWARE...IN OT...IN BRIDGEFORTH STADIUM.........BRAWK!

Fear the Bird
October 13th, 2014, 09:25 PM
My 22-25 are all in ORV section but I cannot see why people are voting in Chattanooga... Their best win is Samford whose best win is what? VMI or new kid Mercer? Also, surprised people got Harvard in with their brutally pillow soft schedule to 4-0...

7: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
8: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
11: Fordham Rams
16: Southern Illinois Salukis
17: William & Mary Tribe
20: Charleston Southern Buccaneers
21: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
22: Bryant Bulldogs
23: Sacred Heart Pioneers
24: Central Arkansas Bears
25: James Madison Dukes

You can't be serious

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 13th, 2014, 09:30 PM
You're suggesting we ignore SOS when it comes to weaker conferences yet say it's different when teams schedule multiple D2.

If you play an all D1 schedule most years then I don't have a problem with it. If you're conference is weak and you're scheduling poorly (sub D1) out of conference then you're really doing yourself no favors....

kalm
October 13th, 2014, 09:35 PM
If you play an all D1 schedule most years then I don't have a problem with it. If you're conference is weak and you're scheduling poorly (sub D1) out of conference then you're really doing yourself no favors....

Idaho State scheduled two DII's the last two years and I'd still rate their schedule well ahead of anyone in the Patriot, MEAC, NEC, Pioneer, and Ivy at least if not the Big South and OVC.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 13th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Idaho State scheduled two DII's the last two years and I'd still rate their schedule well ahead of anyone in the Patriot, MEAC, NEC, Pioneer, and Ivy at least if not the Big South and OVC.

Look at EIU's schedule this year. Or Liberty's.... You'd be surprised at some of the PL's schedules. Go check out Colgate's last year or Lehigh's in 2010/2011. Those are no jokes. The Big Sky conference schedule is not balanced year to year. Just like most conferences there's good teams and bad teams are bad. Depending on how your schedule breaks it might not be that strong. Scheduling two D2, or 2 FBS, teams in today's FCS is a bad idea. Idaho State is a bad program so I get it to and extent.

Say what you want but Lehigh has not played a D2 game since the 1980's, just like most PL or IL teams....

Cocky
October 13th, 2014, 10:24 PM

ISU schedule is a tough one. The two FBS schools and EWU and Mont St and the rest is also rans. I'm sure lots of schools in the fore mentioned conferences would be happy to exchange schedules.

kalm
October 13th, 2014, 10:38 PM

No, no they wouldn't.

kalm
October 13th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Look at EIU's schedule this year. Or Liberty's.... You'd be surprised at some of the PL's schedules. Go check out Colgate's last year or Lehigh's in 2010/2011. Those are no jokes. The Big Sky conference schedule is not balanced year to year. Just like most conferences there's good teams and bad teams are bad. Depending on how your schedule breaks it might not be that strong. Scheduling two D2, or 2 FBS, teams in today's FCS is a bad idea. Idaho State is a bad program so I get it to and extent.

Say what you want but Lehigh has not played a D2 game since the 1980's, just like most PL or IL teams....

And I'm willing to bet Lehigh hasn't played anything close to a typical BSC schedule since then either.

Twentysix
October 14th, 2014, 01:17 AM

Yes please. Heh, I just like to pick at everything until it unravels.

Mattymc727
October 14th, 2014, 06:56 AM
I think its pretty clear:

1. NDSU
2. Nova
3. UNH
4. EWU

You cant put a 1 loss team with an FBS loss ahead of an undefeated team with an FBS win....that makes no sense.

EWU, Nova, and UNH are interchangeable at the moment (although I think Nova deserves to be ahead of UNH).

Cocky
October 14th, 2014, 08:10 AM

1. NDSU
2. Nova
3. UNH
4. EWU

You cant put a 1 loss team with an FBS loss ahead of an undefeated team with an FBS win....that makes no sense.

EWU, Nova, and UNH are interchangeable at the moment (although I think Nova deserves to be ahead of UNH).
Why isn't EKU #2 or #1. They are undefeated with a FBS win. Also ISUr, JSU, Montana and ISUb could be a top 4 team.

JMUNJ08
October 14th, 2014, 08:28 AM
You can't be serious

The rest of AGS agrees since I don't even see Delaware in the top 40 while JMU has 21 other points besides my 1...

We do lose the H2H but we have an FBS and 2 CAA losses (1 to Nova) while most voters would see an NEC loss as worse than those even with Sacred Heart being pretty good/ ranked. Doesn't hurt we have a top 25 win on the road at Albany...

Fear the Bird
October 14th, 2014, 08:33 AM
What does Delaware have to do with this?

There are uninformed voters out there who get excited about a rout of the defending national runner up. JMU in the top 25 is a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattymc727
October 14th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Why isn't EKU #2 or #1. They are undefeated with a FBS win. Also ISUr, JSU, Montana and ISUb could be a top 4 team.

Fair point, but I was just trying to compare those 4

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 14th, 2014, 09:26 AM
And I'm willing to bet Lehigh hasn't played anything close to a typical BSC schedule since then either.

This year Lehigh could end up playing 4/5 teams that finish the season ranked. That could give EWU a run for their money....

JMUNJ08
October 14th, 2014, 09:48 AM
What does Delaware have to do with this?

There are uninformed voters out there who get excited about a rout of the defending national runner up. JMU in the top 25 is a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, its #25 and there was a group of about 10 teams that were equally undeserving of the spot... My homer vote is conditional on those other teams taking a step during out bye week

clawman
October 14th, 2014, 01:07 PM

1. NDSU
2. Nova
3. UNH
4. EWU

Would you differentiate between a loss to 2-4 Syracuse and a loss to the Pac-12 Huskies who are 5-1? Is one a "better" loss than the other?

Mattymc727
October 14th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Would you differentiate between a loss to 2-4 Syracuse and a loss to the Pac-12 Huskies who are 5-1? Is one a "better" loss than the other?

The Washington loss is better, but Im more impressed with what Nova has done with the rest of their schedule over EWU.

To put a function on it:

Loss to Washington > Loss to Syracuse > Loss to Toledo

but

Novas Schedule > UNH Schedule > EWU Schedule

Where that puts everyone 2-4 is a matter of opinion. What isnt is NDSU being the clear number one until someone ruins their party.

Nova09
October 14th, 2014, 02:01 PM

I can't believe you're actually sucking me down this path, but which of Cuse's losses does Wash win? Maybe Maryland. Which of Wash's wins does Cuse lose?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 14th, 2014, 03:24 PM
I can't believe you're actually sucking me down this path, but which of Cuse's losses does Wash win? Maybe Maryland. Which of Wash's wins does Cuse lose?

I've seen 'Cuse play twice, against Villanova and Notre Dame (I'm an ND Fan). They're not a terrible team. Villanova, like NDSU, stood up to them at the line of scrimmage. Notre Dame simply had more playmakers. The Irish were the better overall team that was able to survive 5 TO's. Even so, the 'Cuse competed well....

Pic I took just after the failed 2 pt conversion....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1965006_854525904579842_22477652089691790_n.jpg?oh =38a0f28dc720de8a1a0565af5485d272&oe=54C1FEDF&__gda__=1421888690_917e160c1ce3bccf3653aee5d7a8b9d 7

Bison56
October 14th, 2014, 03:30 PM
I've seen 'Cuse play twice, against Villanova and Notre Dame (I'm an ND Fan). They're not a terrible team. Villanova, like NDSU, stood up to them at the line of scrimmage. Notre Dame simply had more playmakers. The Irish were simply the better team that was able to survive 5 TO's. Even so, the 'Cuse competed well....

Pic I took just after the failed 2 pt conversion....

Makes sense.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 14th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Makes sense.

When you grew up in PA in the 1980's you had two options when it came to college football, either you're a Penn State fan or you root for Notre Dame. My family were Irish fans so that's the direction I headed.

Ironically, I also pull for Syracuse hoops. I grew up going to the Carrier Dome for basketball games (Lawrence Moten/John Wallace days) and always loved it. I played against Gerry McNamara a couple times in HS.....

Then there's the whole Lehigh thing....

Make sense? xlolx

Bison56
October 14th, 2014, 04:30 PM
When you grew up in PA in the 1980's you had two options when it came to college football, either you're a Penn State fan or you root for Notre Dame. My family were Irish fans so that's the direction I headed.

Ironically, I also pull for Syracuse hoops. I grew up going to the Carrier Dome for basketball games (Lawrence Moten/John Wallace days) and always loved it. I played against Gerry McNamara a couple times in HS.....

Then there's the whole Lehigh thing....

Make sense? xlolx

Does now xthumbsupx

Thought maybe you were one of those other ND fans.xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
October 14th, 2014, 04:43 PM

Why are you just looking at the losses? Why not look at the wins. All of them have losses to FBS teams, and doesn't matter what you say it is hard to say an FCS team "should" win any of those games.

Looking at the schedules objectively, and the wins each team has I think it is really really close. I would go:
2. UNH
3. EWU
4. Nova

Might get ripped for that, but that is my opinion on the teams schedules and wins to this point.

tomq04
October 14th, 2014, 05:48 PM
2. Lehigh
3. Lehigh
4. Lehigh

Engineer86
October 14th, 2014, 06:12 PM
The rest of AGS agrees since I don't even see Delaware in the top 40 while JMU has 21 other points besides my 1...

We do lose the H2H but we have an FBS and 2 CAA losses (1 to Nova) while most voters would see an NEC loss as worse than those even with Sacred Heart being pretty good/ ranked. Doesn't hurt we have a top 25 win on the road at Albany...

You absolutely escaped from a bad Lehigh team that miss two FGs and kicked another into the centers butt. I was not impressed.

Fear the Bird
October 14th, 2014, 06:25 PM
You absolutely escaped from a bad Lehigh team that miss two FGs and kicked another into the centers butt. I was not impressed.

Yes but he has established that when you only think 24 teams are worthy of being ranked, you go homer at 25

kalm
October 14th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Why are you just looking at the losses? Why not look at the wins. All of them have losses to FBS teams, and doesn't matter what you say it is hard to say an FCS team "should" win any of those games.

Looking at the schedules objectively, and the wins each team has I think it is really really close. I would go:
2. UNH
3. EWU
4. Nova

Might get ripped for that, but that is my opinion on the teams schedules and wins to this point.

Agreed.

It's Richmond, W&M, and Elon or Lehigh

Vs

Fordham, JMU, and Maine

Vs

Montana State, SHSU, and Idaho State.

Pretty close, and all have been doing it with injuries although I think EWU's might be deeper and more troubling.

From the BSC perspective and before you poo poo ISU, I think the Bengals finish 8-4, the Griz 8-4 , and the Cats 10-2.

ISU is a far better win than it used to be and they may finish the season ranked.

UNIFanSince1983
October 15th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Agreed.

It's Richmond, W&M, and Elon or Lehigh

Vs

Fordham, JMU, and Maine

Vs

Montana State, SHSU, and Idaho State.

Pretty close, and all have been doing it with injuries although I think EWU's might be deeper and more troubling.

From the BSC perspective and before you poo poo ISU, I think the Bengals finish 8-4, the Griz 8-4 , and the Cats 10-2.

ISU is a far better win than it used to be and they may finish the season ranked.

Looking at who Idaho State has left I guess I can see that. They have such a weak schedule remaining. The only game that looks like an obvious loss is Montana State. I mean realistically if they finish 8-4 it wouldn't surprise me, but it also wouldn't mean they were a quality team especially with how weak their schedule is.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 15th, 2014, 11:12 AM
You guys should go give ISU a look on Bigskytv this season. Honestly, they are worth giving a watch. I would give them about a 50/50 shot at splitting with the top 25.

What is most impressive about what Kramer has done there is the perfect APR (1000) that they posted up this year. They are not what you've pictured them as for the last 20 yrs.

Grizalltheway
October 15th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Looking at who Idaho State has left I guess I can see that. They have such a weak schedule remaining. The only game that looks like an obvious loss is Montana State. I mean realistically if they finish 8-4 it wouldn't surprise me, but it also wouldn't mean they were a quality team especially with how weak their schedule is.

I wouldn't even call MSU an obvious loss. The scoreline will probably look similar to the EWU-ISU game, but the Bengals have a pretty good shot in that one IMO.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 15th, 2014, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't even call MSU an obvious loss. The scoreline will probably look similar to the EWU-ISU game, but the Bengals have a pretty good shot in that one IMO.

Yup, I think that will be a good one too.

tomq04
October 15th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Is it in Bozeman?