PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota State @ Northern Iowa

Pages : [1] 2

unigriff
October 12th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Here was my write up (sorry for poor grammar) I put on panthernation for this week. Should be a great one!

I'll get this up early! I'll also change the rankings when they come out!

Most likely this will be the Game of the Week in the Valley. Normally two top tier Valley teams battling it out in the Dome this weekend. Both teams will be ranked in the top 20 in the polls and both are looking for a huge win to bolster their playoff resume and conference positioning.

So let's get down to it, shall we!?!?

The Enemy: Jackrabbits of Brookings, SD. They hold a 4-2 overall record with a 1-1 in the conference. They lost not just the game to Missouri to open the season but one of the best QBs in the conference and country in Austin Sumner, to a broken foot. He will most likely not be available for this weekends game. His backup, Zach Lujan (SO.) is an Alaskan-bred QB that transferred from a dinky school in California. His stats in relief this year have been quite interesting. He is 96 for 159 for 1359 yds and 10 TDs and 7 INTs. He avgs. 226 through the air a game. He is 4-1 as a starter for the Jacks.

The real show, however, is what we all know and should expect. ZACH ZENNER. A senior RB, conference leader in like 100000 categories it seems. UNI has had his number the last 3 years as he has only scored 1 TD on the ground against us in his career. In his career against UNI he has rushed 60 times for 270 yds and 1 TD. (4.5 yds per carry and 90 ypg). This season he has rushed 149 times for 938 and 7 TDs. He is a great athlete and it will truly be interesting to see how good our defense is against this great back.

In comparison DJ against the Jacks has rushed 56 times for 225 yards (4ypc, 75 ypg) and a TD but also has 11 receptions for 112 yards as well.

The Jacks top passing threat is WR Jake Wieneke. He has 27 receptions in 6 games for 521 yards (86 ypg, 19 ypc) and 6 TDs. Their second leading receiver also has 27 receptions on the season for 374 yds and 3 TDs. Name is Jason Schneider.

The Panthers will counter with their big 3 of Vereen, LeMaster and Johnson. Vereen has 5 TD catches on only 16 receptions this season, while Vereen LeMaster and Johnson are all avg. 47.5-49.5 ypg.

The Bunnies come in avg. 28 ppg and giving up just 23. The Cats avg. 31.5 a game and give up just 18. At home though, the Cats have been stout, avg. 48 points a game and giving up just 7 (garbage 7s at that).

The Bunnies are -5 in turnover margin while the Cats are +4.

The second quarter continues to be the Panthers key quarter as they have scored a whopping 90 points in the frame this season.

UNIs downfall outside of passing/coaching or what have you; 3rd down conversions. UNI is 34 for 98 on the season (34.6%) SDSU is 33 for 77 (43%). Another key for UNI will be in the Redzone or the Go kick it Zone. UNI is an astounding 26 of 27 in the redzone (96%) but of those only 12 are TDs. They have shot themselves in the foot time and time again on first and goals and with inept play calling at times...3 pointers aren't going to cut it. Definately not now in the brutal part of the schedule. SDSU has been more efficient with TDs in the RZ. The Jacks have only scored 17 times out of 23 (74%) , but of those 17 scores, 12 are TDs.

This game has the makings of a hit em, grind it out, last team with the ball is going to win kind of game. The big keys will be for UNI to keep moving the sticks. The longer Zenner is not on the field, the better chances we have. Pressure the young QB. He has thrown 7 picks in 6 games. Don't lose coverage on their big two WRs. Keep Zenner in check. He can have a 150 yd day as long as he is going 35 carries like last year. Honestly with our defense this year...I really don't see him breaking 75. Dead honest. Avoid stupid penalties, especially in the redzone and keep the crowd loud and into it! The Casual fan may see this as a oh we're 3-3, but for us die hards...we definately know how huge this game is. Don't let up!

Prediction: Really to close to call. If we can do 3/4 of the keys to the game, UNI should have the ability to take home the win. You got the best kicker in the country if needed!

Panthers squeak one out. 21-17.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2014, 04:35 PM
SDSU will have to play error free to win in CF.

UNI wins this one at home: 31-17

skinny_uncle
October 12th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Panthers 27-21.

frozennorth
October 13th, 2014, 02:41 AM
my heart says sdsu but my head says uni. 31 23 uni wins.

Houndawg
October 13th, 2014, 06:45 AM
my heart says sdsu but my head says uni. 31 23 uni wins.

Two good teams with their backs to the wall. UNI has the dome and their starting QB...

clenz
October 13th, 2014, 07:30 AM
You think UNI's offense find a way to score 31? That's a dream world even I don't live in

UNI 20
SDSU 10

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2014, 09:02 AM
An SDSU win would mean Lujan had a great game.

UNI 24
SDSU 14

KUlawJack
October 13th, 2014, 09:24 AM
I also say Panthers by 10. We are incredibly banged up on the offensive and defensive lines. That does not bode well for us, especially on the road in Cedar Falls.

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2014, 09:55 AM
If we keep it a game I'll be pretty happy. UNI by 1-2 TD's

RabidRabbit
October 13th, 2014, 11:18 AM
The key Rabbit statistic will be turnovers. Jacks not doing well this season so far. Jacks +2 TO = Jacks win. <+2 TO = Panther win. Agree with fellow Rabbit fans, tough to steal a W in Cedar Falls.

unigriff
October 13th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Be nice to go 3-1 against Zenner :)

Twentysix
October 13th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Be nice to go 3-1 against Zenner :)

UNI's goal should be to hold Zenner to a zenner.

IBleedYellow
October 13th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Lujan will throw at least 2 INT's in this Panthers steamroll.

unigriff
October 13th, 2014, 01:05 PM
If UNI can score 10 in the first Q...UNI rolls. UNI doesn't score til 2nd Q. SDSU wins.

- - - Updated - - -

UNI's goal should be to hold Zenner to a zenner.

i see what you did there! :)

clenz
October 13th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Lujan will throw at least 2 INT's in this Panthers steamroll.
UNI has absolutely lived in opponents back fields this year.

SDSU is allowing 2.8 sacks per game, UNI is averaging picking up 3 per game - along with double digit QB hits
UNI has allowed 8 sacks this year (5 in one game against Iowa). SDSU has just 7 on the season
UNI has something like 58 TFL.

That's with rushing 4 or 5, only, on average. That's allowing our DBs and LBs to be a little more aggressive defending the pass lately...4 INT, 19 PBU, 23 pass deflections...

If SDSU can't win the LOS, especially on offense, they are in for a very long day.

Rjones61
October 13th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Battle of the overrated.

KUlawJack
October 13th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Battle of the overrated.

We (both UNI and SDSU) are like 18 and 21 in TSN and Coaches' polls. Come on.

Edit: SDSU - 16/18; UNI - 20/21

3-0 against the Big Sky combined. Total score, 116-31.

Can only curb stomp the OOC that we have. Sorry.

LeeshaJo
October 13th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Battle of the overrated.

Can't be.. EWU isn't playing

xsmiley_wix

Rjones61
October 13th, 2014, 03:28 PM
We (both UNI and SDSU) are like 18 and 21 in TSN and Coaches' polls. Come on.

Edit: SDSU - 16/18; UNI - 20/21

3-0 against the Big Sky combined. Total score, 116-31.

Can only curb stomp the OOC that we have. Sorry.

Just two weeks ago, both teams were in the top ten. That is my point. I think it's hilarious that two teams that were not too long ago considered top tier turned out to kind of be duds. And now they are playing each other.

Don't get me wrong. I'm actually a little bit of a SDSU and Zenner fan. I guess I should have said "Previously overrated."

And come on.... Northern Colorado? Southern Utah? You're scraping the BOTTOM of the barrel there. Cal Poly is the only almost decent team from the Big Sky they beat. Still a pretty bad team.

clenz
October 13th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Just two weeks ago, both teams were in the top ten. That is my point. I think it's hilarious that two teams that were not too long ago considered top tier turned out to kind of be duds. And now they are playing each other.

Don't get me wrong. I'm actually a little bit of a SDSU and Zenner fan. I guess I should have said "Previously overrated."
I'm confused with what you mean by duds...

UNI is a WR pass against beating a top 15 Indiana State team and being 2-0 in conference play and 4-2 overall.

Yeah, didn't stop the WR pass and what not...but...let's be a little objective here.

Rjones61
October 13th, 2014, 03:35 PM

UNI is a WR pass against beating a top 15 Indiana State team and being 2-0 in conference play and 4-2 overall.

Yeah, didn't stop the WR pass and what not...but...let's be a little objective here.

Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. The fact is, they lost to Indiana State, and are 3-3. Their wins are Northern Colorado (Lol), Tenn Tech, and South Dakota. None of which are quality wins. South Dakota is close, but still not a quality team.

IBleedYellow
October 13th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. The fact is, they lost to Indiana State, and are 3-3. Their wins are Northern Colorado (Lol), Tenn Tech, and South Dakota. None of which are quality wins. South Dakota is close, but still not a quality team.

These facts right here are also why I still consider UNI a pretender. Until they beat ranked teams, they aren't anyone special.

KUlawJack
October 13th, 2014, 04:56 PM

And come on.... Northern Colorado? Southern Utah? You're scraping the BOTTOM of the barrel there. Cal Poly is the only almost decent team from the Big Sky they beat. Still a pretty bad team.

Again, can only beat the **** out of the teams from the Big Sky on our schedule. Can't help it SUU, who was in the playoffs last year, has not performed to expectations, or that Cal Poly has not either, after kicking all those dudes off the team. We've lost to ISU-R, badly, which sucked, and Mizzou.

I'd hardly call us duds, but hell, the Jacks might end up winning only two more ball games. I don't know. Lots of football left before we can call teams "overrated."

Except Lehigh. They're always overrated.

Did I do that right?

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Again, can only beat the **** out of the teams from the Big Sky on our schedule. Can't help it SUU, who was in the playoffs last year, has not performed to expectations, or that Cal Poly has not either, after kicking all those dudes off the team. We've lost to ISU-R, badly, which sucked, and Mizzou.

I'd hardly call us duds, but hell, the Jacks might end up winning only two more ball games. I don't know. Lots of football left before we can call teams "overrated."

Except Lehigh. They're always overrated.

Did I do that right?

Nope. The correct version reads:

SDSU is a major dud. They have no real players on the team. ZZ only puts up his numbers due to the amount of touches he gets and SDSU's patsy OOC schedule and weak MVFC teams. The only reason we win at home is we play on a cow pasture and other teams get lost in the length of the grass. SDSU is a sham and a mockery. A shamockery. We only hope to make the playoffs by riding the coat tails of our mighty overlords in cedar falls and Fargo boosting our SOS.

Seriously though we haven't proven much yet and after we lose to UNI we won't have a leg to stand on.

Bisonator
October 13th, 2014, 07:14 PM
What quality wins does EWU have again?

mmiller_34
October 13th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Nope. The correct version reads:

SDSU is a major dud. They have no real players on the team. ZZ only puts up his numbers due to the amount of touches he gets and SDSU's patsy OOC schedule and weak MVFC teams. The only reason we win at home is we play on a cow pasture and other teams get lost in the length of the grass. SDSU is a sham and a mockery. A shamockery. We only hope to make the playoffs by riding the coat tails of our mighty overlords in cedar falls and Fargo boosting our SOS.

Seriously though we haven't proven much yet and after we lose to UNI we won't have a leg to stand on.

I'd have to say that was spot on.

Rjones61
October 13th, 2014, 08:07 PM
What quality wins does EWU have again?

Montana State and, some would argue, SHSU. Not quite sure about that one. I also think Idaho State makes the playoff bubble.

Bisonator
October 13th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Montana State and, some would argue, SHSU. Not quite sure about that one. I also think Idaho State makes the playoff bubble.

Yeah that 52-51 win over Montana State is about it. Not buying the others.

clenz
October 13th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Yeah that 52-51 win over Montana State is about it. Not buying the others.

You mean you don't buy the fact that a team that lost to a D2 and has 2 of their 3 wins against Lamar and Alabama State as being legit?

Really?

There's a reason I don't buy McNeese a legit, and SHSU proved that for me over the weekend...it also didn't bring SHSU any closer to being ranked again.

JayJ79
October 13th, 2014, 08:51 PM

so SDSU and UNI are crap, but Idaho State is a playoff team?
hilarious.

semobison
October 13th, 2014, 09:03 PM

Maybe the Big Sky will get 4 teams in again so 3 can lose in the first round!

Rjones61
October 13th, 2014, 11:01 PM
The point is, Ewu has not lost to an FCS team and they will probably win the conference title. Uni and Sdsu can't say the same.

Rjones61
October 14th, 2014, 12:48 AM
so SDSU and UNI are crap, but Idaho State is a playoff team?
hilarious.

UNI or SDSU are a potential playoff team. We will decide which one on Saturday.

I also said overrated, not crap. You folks are so sensitive.

Theee Catrabbit
October 14th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Unigriff nice write up, but......Weineke might look like our top receiving threat but Jason Schneider is the #1 and an All Conference pick. He just gets the attention and Weineke, a RS freshman gets the benefits. Both receivers are huge 6' 4"ish and 220 ish. Don't get me wrong when Weineke gets the ball he makes you pay, and he will be a monster the next 3 years after Jason leaves.
That being said, Lujan has done a serviceable job for the Jacks, and I think our fans do get down on him a lot. easy to forget he was the backup. Backups are backups for a reason. If Lujan doesn't throw an INT and the line holds UNI to one sack. I'd say Jacks take this one. However, Domes are definitely kryptonite to the Jacks but they have been practicing inside the new SJAC so that will help.

clenz
October 14th, 2014, 08:49 AM
What are the chances, realistically in your opinion, that sdsu (giving up nearly 3 sacks per game) holds uni (averaging 3 sacks per game) to one sack?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
October 14th, 2014, 11:02 AM
What are the chances, realistically in your opinion, that sdsu (giving up nearly 3 sacks per game) holds uni (averaging 3 sacks per game) to one sack?

Small

RabidRabbit
October 14th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Jacks have dug big first half holes the last two weeks. Jacks do that vs UNI, it'll look like the IL St/SDSU game. If Jacks can play even, then SDSU has axprayx

UNIFanSince1983
October 14th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Jacks have dug big first half holes the last two weeks. Jacks do that vs UNI, it'll look like the IL St/SDSU game. If Jacks can play even, then SDSU has axprayx

UNI has not done well early either. The last two weeks both USD and ISUb have taken their first drive down for a TD. In the case of ISUb they took the second one in for a TD as well. Game makes me really nervous not sure we can pull it off.

DA BEAR
October 14th, 2014, 05:17 PM
UNI 17
SDSU 14

Drblankstare
October 14th, 2014, 05:25 PM
I'll go with UNI, it's at home and it's essentially a must win. If they lose they MUST win out and then hope the playoff committee feels generous towards the valley. It will probably be tight though, 24-17.

Kemo
October 14th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Really depends on which Jackrabbit team shows up. I know all teams have their ups and downs, but for roughly a game and a half, the Jacks did a 180 away from everything they did right before and after this awful stretch. Credit tougher opponents, but put just as much, if not more, blame on SDSU's play.

I'm hoping for the best and preparing for the worst, especially considering our history at the UNI Dome.

Theee Catrabbit
October 14th, 2014, 06:02 PM

I didn't say the chances were great, I said that's what needs to happen

Sycamore62
October 14th, 2014, 07:01 PM

But they are a double reverse pass from losing by another 7.

Using what hat I have seen divided by a little transitive property I have to say UNI by at least 10

Sycamore62
October 14th, 2014, 07:03 PM

I think they have a better chance than most since SDSU has Zenner and UNI won't be able to get in sprinter stances disregarding any run threat

clenz
October 14th, 2014, 08:25 PM
I think they have a better chance than most since SDSU has Zenner and UNI won't be able to get in sprinter stances disregarding any run threat

Check Zenner's history against UNI....60 carries 254 yards (4.2 ypc) and a 1-2 record

He very well might break out for 150 yards and average 7 yards per carry this week. Though Lujan doesn't demand the same respect that Sumner does and I'd bet UNI takes advantage of that.

The funny thing is, UNI doesn't line up in sprinters stances and disregard run threats. UNI is giving up just 3 yards per carry on the season and doesn't often rush more than 5. You want to act like UNI just puts 7 guys on the LOS every time and blitzes 8 and just hopes they get there in time.

That's not the case. That's never been the case for a UNI defense.

Rjones61
October 15th, 2014, 01:17 AM
Although I think I am more of SDSU fan, I think UNI pulls the win on this one. It seems as if most teams have learned how to shut down Zenner and after that, SDSU doesn't have many offensive weapons available. Zenner is one of the best runners, but without other pieces of the offense to keep the defense honest, he won't thrive. Basically has to put the team on his back. A lot like Bauman from Northern Arizona.

frozennorth
October 15th, 2014, 02:42 AM

UNI and SDSU were previously rated correctly. Ignorant media punished them in the polls for losing to hilariously underrated teams in ISU and ISU. When you play good teams on the road every week, sometimes you lose.

frozennorth
October 15th, 2014, 02:46 AM
UNI or SDSU are a potential playoff team. We will decide which one on Saturday.

I also said overrated, not crap. You folks are so sensitive.
EWU would be a potential playoff team in the valley too.

I think you would be staying home for the playoffs though.

Trumpster
October 15th, 2014, 08:51 AM

Why of course they would stay at home if they were in the MVFC. Cause MVFC doesn't get at large bids amirite?

Theee Catrabbit
October 15th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Although I think I am more of SDSU fan, I think UNI pulls the win on this one. It seems as if most teams have learned how to shut down Zenner and after that, SDSU doesn't have many offensive weapons available. Zenner is one of the best runners, but without other pieces of the offense to keep the defense honest, he won't thrive. Basically has to put the team on his back. A lot like Bauman from Northern Arizona.

Missing Sumner has been huge for the team, there is no doubt about it. I hope people continue to think we don't have any more weapons than ZZ.......That must be some other All Conference wide out and a Jerry Rice Candidate playing as receivers for us(both are in the Top 10 for yards and receptions in the Valley, only other team with two receivers is YSU with yards and ISU R in receptions)....Lujan is 3rd in the Valley for yards. Not sure if Cam Jones the TE is playing, injuries have really hampered his career, but he would have easily been one of the best TE's SDSU ever had if he could have stayed healthy his whole career. if Lujan doesn't throw a pick, I think the game is going to be really interesting.

Rjones61
October 15th, 2014, 12:09 PM

Funny, SDSU thought the same thing last year until they got wrecked by us.

The MVFC is the strongest FCS conference. I don't think many people contest that. However, they are not a conference full of gods. Most had a very easy SOS which inflated conference rankings.

deez_na
October 15th, 2014, 01:41 PM
The point is, Ewu has not lost to an FCS team and they will probably win the conference title. Uni and Sdsu can't say the same.

Eastern Wash loses multiple games if they played in the MVFC

Rjones61
October 15th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Eastern Wash loses multiple games if they played in the MVFC

xeyebrowx We heard all of that last year too. Yet, SDSU wasn't even competitive against us during playoffs. Guess we will have to see again come playoffs, but my guess is we wreck every MVFC team outside of NDSU, again. Everyone agrees that MVFC is the strongest conference in the FCS, but you are so insecure that you want to make this about EWU.

UNIFanSince1983
October 15th, 2014, 02:27 PM
xeyebrowx We heard all of that last year too. Yet, SDSU wasn't even competitive against us during playoffs. Guess we will have to see again come playoffs, but my guess is we wreck every MVFC team outside of NDSU, again. Everyone agrees that MVFC is the strongest conference in the FCS, but you are so insecure that you want to make this about EWU.

Do you really think you guys are as good this year as you were last year?

Rjones61
October 15th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Do you really think you guys are as good this year as you were last year?

Yes. Yes I do. 2010 we had plenty of close games, but fought through playoffs. 2013 we lost OOC to SHSU who performed poorly in conference and playoffs. In 2014, we have face challenges, but will ultimately peak in playoffs again. It's just what our coaching staff does. In 2013 we were also ridiculed for having a weak defense, yet we stuffed both SDSU and Jacksonville.

And if we don't? All well. I'm not the type of fan that goes off the deep end if we lose games. That's just the way the game is played. Every team has down years and every team has up years. FCS teams have trouble bouncing back from injuries, so every team will have their injury riddled years.

deez_na
October 15th, 2014, 02:34 PM

SO playing 1 team at home in the playoffs is the same as an entire season of home and away? lol, come on man.

Rjones61
October 15th, 2014, 02:37 PM
SO playing 1 team at home in the playoffs is the same as an entire season of home and away? lol, come on man.

Every year in the past four years that we have been a playoff team, we have beaten a top MVFC team.

2010: NDSU
2012: Illinois State
2013: SDSU

I don't know what other evidence we need. You can sit here and think up hyptheticals, but since 2010 (and probably even further) we are undefeated in playoffs against MVFC. The only time I can trace MVFC beating EWU is during our down year at 2011.

UNIFanSince1983
October 15th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Yes. Yes I do. 2010 we had plenty of close games, but fought through playoffs. 2013 we lost OOC to SHSU who performed poorly in conference and playoffs. In 2014, we have face challenges, but will ultimately peak in playoffs again. It's just what our coaching staff does. In 2013 we were also ridiculed for having a weak defense, yet we stuffed both SDSU and Jacksonville.

And if we don't? All well. I'm not the type of fan that goes off the deep end if we lose games. That's just the way the game is played. Every team has down years and every team has up years. FCS teams have trouble bouncing back from injuries, so every team will have their injury riddled years.

Last year your defense was miles better than it is this year.

deez_na
October 15th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Every year in the past four years that we have been a playoff team, we have beaten a top MVFC team.

I don't know what other evidence we need. You can sit here and think up hyptheticals, but since 2010 (and probably even further) we are undefeated in playoffs against MVFC. The only time I can trace MVFC beating EWU is during our down year at 2011.
NDSU was a 7-4 team that year and they beat themselves that game. You are comparing 1 single game a year to an entire season. Let me guess, that NDSU game was home? SDSU, home also? How about the Illinois State game?

Rjones61
October 15th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Last year your defense was miles better than it is this year.

I don't believe that is true. Better? Maybe. Miles better? Last year we gave up 566 yards to a less offensively talented Idaho State. This year, we have some ugly averages due to starting our season against the conferences top offensive talents and our OOC against very offensively talented schools. I don't think the 2013 defense would have fared any better.

Rjones61
October 15th, 2014, 02:44 PM
NDSU was a 7-4 team that year and they beat themselves that game. You are comparing 1 single game a year to an entire season. Let me guess, that NDSU game was home? SDSU, home also? How about the Illinois State game?

How in the hell can I compare an entire season? There isn't an entire season to compare. The stupidity of insinuating fact from your hypothetical situation is baffling. Which you have NO evidence to support. I am bringing to the table the only evidence which exists.

deez_na
October 15th, 2014, 02:44 PM
How in the hell can I compare an entire season? There isn't an entire season to compare? You are insinuating fact from your hypothetical situation, which you have NO evidence to support. I am bringing to the table the only evidence which exists.

You are being an idiot acting like 1 fricken game a year equates to an entire season in the MVFC.

Rjones61
October 15th, 2014, 02:48 PM
You are being an idiot acting like 1 fricken game a year equates to an entire season in the MVFC.

You are being an idiot defending a hypothetical situation that the number 2 team in the nation is somehow middle of the pack in the MVFC.

deez_na
October 15th, 2014, 02:51 PM
You are being an idiot defending a hypothetical situation that the number 2 team in the nation is somehow middle of the pack in the MVFC.

I didn't say they were middle of the pack. I'm stating they would lose multiple games, that could be anything from 2 on up. UNI, SDSU, NDSU, Ill St., YSU, Ind St. I'm pretty sure they lose 2 of those for sure.

UNIFanSince1983
October 15th, 2014, 02:54 PM

The answer is yes all of those games were playoff games at home on the red monster.

Rjones61
October 15th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Like I said. Insecure. Can't talk about out of conference teams without britches shrinking two sizes.

FargoBison
October 15th, 2014, 02:59 PM

I bring this point up to NDSU fans when they babble about UNH or CCU looking especially bad against us. EWU beat all of those teams after tough road playoff games, that plus the travel takes things out of a team. Home field is just massive in the FCS playoffs, you have to have a salty squad to go on the road and win a bunch of games. It is a grind.

Rjones61
October 15th, 2014, 03:04 PM
I bring this point up to NDSU fans when they babble about UNH or CCU looking especially bad against us. EWU beat all of those teams after tough road playoff games, that plus the travel takes things out of a team. Home field is just massive in the FCS playoffs, you have to have a salty squad to go on the road and win a bunch of games. It is a grind.

Well, we have a home and home against UNI and NDSU. That should help clear any fuzziness.

UNIFanSince1983
October 15th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Like I said. Insecure. Can't talk about out of conference teams without britches shrinking two sizes.

The problem is you came in here and called both these teams overrated. Who is the insecure one?

BTW how about 2005 playoffs when EWU had to go on the road to an MVFC team? Did they win?

clenz
October 15th, 2014, 03:10 PM

2010 - NDSU was 4-4 in conference play and 7-4 overall and finished in a 6 way tie for 3rd...calling them a top MVFC team that season is a stretch. They got hot late but weren't as good as their playoff run. Any rational NDSU fan can admit that.

2012 - ISUr was 5-3 in conference and finishes. 3 way tie for third. Had SIU had 1 more regular season when ISUr wouldn't have been taken for the playoffs.

2013 - SDSU 4 way tie for second...likely wasn't the second best team in the conference.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is you came in here and called both these teams overrated. Who is the insecure one?

BTW how about 2005 playoffs when EWU had to go on the road to an MVFC team? Did they win?
Have they ever beaten UNI?

deez_na
October 15th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Well, we have a home and home against UNI and NDSU. That should help clear any fuzziness.

xbangx

Rjones61
October 15th, 2014, 03:12 PM

Yes, I made those statements as an FCS fan. Anyone who is anybody can recognize the sudden drop that both teams made in the polls.

Hahaha, wow. So I guess the undefeated MVFC playoff streak goes back to 2005. I wonder how long we can keep it going. 8 years now.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 15th, 2014, 03:13 PM
xbangx

Actually he's right. It just means the bubble will pop earlier than the playoffs for them, I like that.

Rjones61
October 15th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Have they ever beaten UNI?

Nope, we are 0-5 against Northern* Iowa.

semobison
October 15th, 2014, 03:20 PM

Middle of the pack in the Valley is much more of a compliment as you think. Probably top 15! About those playoff wins against the Valley. In 2010 you squeaked by NDSU in OT who was 4-4 in conference play, at home. In 2012 you beat ISUr who was 5-3 in conference play, led by 3 mid 4th quarter, at home. In 2012 you beat SDSU who was 5-3 in conference play, game was tied at the half! I give you guys credit, you beat good Valley teams in the playoffs. What you don't understand is that some very good teams finish 4-4 in Valley play, year in, year out!

deez_na
October 15th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Actually he's right. It just means the bubble will pop earlier than the playoffs for them, I like that.

Sounds good to me

bojeta
October 15th, 2014, 04:01 PM
There's no denying the MVFC is very strong/deep this year. Certainly 4, maybe 5 teams in the playoffs?

Kemo
October 15th, 2014, 08:27 PM
http://vimeo.com/108976690

Grizalltheway
October 15th, 2014, 08:37 PM
This thread is about a game, right?

UNIFanSince1983
October 15th, 2014, 08:55 PM
This thread is about a game, right?

No this is another debate thread about how great the MVFC is versus all the other conferences.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2014, 09:50 PM
No this is another debate thread about how great the MVFC is versus all the other conferences.

Will the UNI coaches use DJ to its full advantage?

Give him the ball for runs, pass it to him, kick returner and punt returner. He can do it all.

UNIFanSince1983
October 15th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Will the UNI coaches use DJ to its full advantage?

Give him the ball for runs, pass it to him, kick returner and punt returner. He can do it all.

Well I certainly hope so. They didn't last week even though they did use him as a kick returner for the first time last week.

It is really a head scratcher as to why they don't give him the ball as much as possible. I don't know if they think they are saving him for later in the year or the playoffs or something. Maybe they thought they didn't need him against USD. I have no idea. I wouldn't think if you were concerned about someone getting injured that you would put them back for kick returns. If we don't get wins now games later won't matter so get him the ball as much as possible!

It will be interesting to see what happens. Sounds like we are going with both QBs again this game too. I don't get what our offensive plan ever is. Sometimes it looks okay, but most times it just looks like a cluster. We will see what happens on Saturday.

JayJ79
October 15th, 2014, 11:28 PM
maybe rotating QBs can help cut back on their habit of having to burn a TO early in halves b/c they can't get the play in. they just send it in with the new QB. of course that doesn't help if the delay is on deciding which play to call (even though half the people in the stadium can guess what is being called next)

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2014, 06:13 AM
Well I certainly hope so. They didn't last week even though they did use him as a kick returner for the first time last week.

It is really a head scratcher as to why they don't give him the ball as much as possible. I don't know if they think they are saving him for later in the year or the playoffs or something. Maybe they thought they didn't need him against USD. I have no idea. I wouldn't think if you were concerned about someone getting injured that you would put them back for kick returns. If we don't get wins now games later won't matter so get him the ball as much as possible!

It will be interesting to see what happens. Sounds like we are going with both QBs again this game too. I don't get what our offensive plan ever is. Sometimes it looks okay, but most times it just looks like a cluster. We will see what happens on Saturday.

Seems to me, and I am no expert, that UNI would use DJ as much as possible but also use him in deception also. It seems that play-action passes would be a killer for any defense when they are 'keying' on DJ....fake the run and go with the pass.

How as Vereen (sp?) the talented WR done this year? He burned Marcus Williams a couple of times last year. Talented WR.

Houndawg
October 16th, 2014, 06:39 AM

This would be the time to start feeding him....

UNIFanSince1983
October 16th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Seems to me, and I am no expert, that UNI would use DJ as much as possible but also use him in deception also. It seems that play-action passes would be a killer for any defense when they are 'keying' on DJ....fake the run and go with the pass.

How as Vereen (sp?) the talented WR done this year? He burned Marcus Williams a couple of times last year. Talented WR.

Play action passing would be wonderful, but if DJ is only getting the ball like 10 times on the ground for the game I have a hard time believing a team is going to buy it.

UNIFanSince1983
October 16th, 2014, 09:30 AM
I noticed UNI Athletics posted this picture on their twitter so I thought it should be posted here since the game is this week.

On the far left of this picture is Coach Stig from SDSU who got his start as a grad assistant under Stan Sheriff here at UNI. Of note is Mo State coach Terry Allen is also pictured. The amount of coaches in the conference with UNI ties is wonderful!

Edit: And I cannot figure out how to post the big picture...

semobison
October 16th, 2014, 10:22 AM
I noticed UNI Athletics posted this picture on their twitter so I thought it should be posted here since the game is this week.

On the far left of this picture is Coach Stig from SDSU who got his start as a grad assistant under Stan Sheriff here at UNI. Of note is Mo State coach Terry Allen is also pictured. The amount of coaches in the conference with UNI ties is wonderful!

Great pic! Gotta love the style, the suits, the hair and Stig's tie!

Thumper 76
October 16th, 2014, 10:46 AM

That is awesome.

Sycamore62
October 16th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Play action passing would be wonderful, but if DJ is only getting the ball like 10 times on the ground for the game I have a hard time believing a team is going to buy it.

We were getting a lot of first contact in the backfield and I thought he did a great job of turning those into a gain or less of a loss

RabidRabbit
October 16th, 2014, 11:09 AM
SDSU's AD was also at UNI before he accepted the SDSU AD position. There is A LOT of UNI/SDSU connections over the years. This is the 49th time that UNI/SDSU have played football. UNI leads 28-18-2, and has dominated in Cedar Falls. Hope Jacks can get that first Cedar Falls win since moving to D-I 10 years ago.

clenz
October 16th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Here's what the UNI offense will look like

Option 1
DJ will only touch the ball like he did last week and the they OC will try to force about 25 passes 20+ yards down field.

Option 2
UNI will give DJ 25 carries but all between the tackles and it will be up to him to make nothing into something. When that doesn't work UNI will force 25 passes 20+ yards down field

RabidRabbit
October 16th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Hope Jacks open Offense with the wide out screens to either Weineke or Schneider while UNI is looking for Zenner to plunge to the middle of the line. Man, the 59 yd "run" backwards pass wo screen, with a big block from Schneider vs Poly was a thing of beauty. Having two 6-4 + WR and a qb that put it up high for them to beat shorter defenders has been a recipe for opening up running by Zenner. Didn't have that duel threat at receiver last year.

Thumper 76
October 16th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Hope Jacks open Offense with the wide out screens to either Weineke or Schneider while UNI is looking for Zenner to plunge to the middle of the line. Man, the 59 yd "run" backwards pass wo screen, with a big block from Schneider vs Poly was a thing of beauty. Having two 6-4 + WR and a qb that put it up high for them to beat shorter defenders has been a recipe for opening up running by Zenner. Didn't have that duel threat at receiver last year.

This^^^ that's the big difference for the offense from this year to last. We seen to roll pretty good IF we don't give up 21 points right away to start by giving the opponents the ball at our own 15 two to three times in a row.

Bisonator
October 16th, 2014, 03:05 PM

Thanks for posting that....xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
October 18th, 2014, 08:27 AM
GO PANTHERS!

Did any of the Jack fans make the trip?

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 08:35 AM
it's GAMEDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Huge game for both teams!

Would love to be at this one.

I think UNI wins a close one.

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 11:07 AM
GO PANTHERS!

Did any of the Jack fans make the trip?

Not me I'm working today might not even be able to catch it in the radio.

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2014, 11:29 AM
I saw some Jacks in town last night. I'm sure they will have a decent contingent.

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Jacks go 5-5 on 3rd downs and score on their first possession 7-0 Jacks

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 04:27 PM
UNI goes 3 & out

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 04:33 PM
After a sack and consecutive false starts SDSU goes 3&out

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Never mind. Roughing the snapper penalty on UNI. Auto first down.

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 04:37 PM
What is the score?

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 04:39 PM
7-0 SDSU. UNI ball.

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Looks to be a good one

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 04:46 PM
End of 1st Q jacks had the ball for 11+ min

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Outside of SDSU's first drive the offenses haven't done much. Jacks will be punting from own 4yd line.

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Jacks force a 3&out and get ball back

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 04:56 PM
UNI has, by far, the worst offensive play calling in the league..

Not even close

IBleedYellow
October 18th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Updates?

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Okay I love my panthers. Our offense has played like **** til the Dj TD run but we are getting hosed by the refs. Had an interception called back for encroachment (I'll give em that one). Had terrific field position after a punt called back for a PF roughing the snapper! And then not overturning an obvious, even with review fumble returned for a TD (incomp. Pass)

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 05:07 PM
7-7.UNI called for another PF called on a player not even in on the play

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 05:10 PM
SDSU started out 5-5 on 3rd downs. Last 5 0-5

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Roughing the snapper... Real or not real?

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Only on XP/FG. Never seen it on punts and on replay you can even see he was going up field to make the tackle

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 05:19 PM
So... DJ breaks a td run the doesn't see the field again... 3 ****ing first half carries

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Every single ****ing offensive coach needs to be fired.

Every single one

IBleedYellow
October 18th, 2014, 05:21 PM
DJ had 3 carries. My point of UNI being held back by their coaches is on full display today

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Only on XP/FG. Never seen it on punts and on replay you can even see he was going up field to make the tackle

Any long snapper situation.

caribbeanhen
October 18th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Every single ****ing offensive coach needs to be fired.

Every single one

I thought the Delaware game was already over

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 05:27 PM
After UNI snags an INT panthers go into end zone 3 plays later. UNI up 14-7 57 sec. Left til half

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Any long snapper situation.
Even when he isn't touched and is 40 yard down field?

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Mind our are top DE went out with an apparent knee/ankle injury after celebrating a big loss and our leading tackler is out til 2nd half from targeting penalty last week.

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 05:32 PM
So what's Farley's excuse for the offensive play calling? Seriously has the media been questioning him on it??

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 05:33 PM
It's cool as **** to see the two Farley brothers starting at lb today and both have a pick

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 05:34 PM
3rd pick (2nd official) for UNI to end the half. ZZ 15 rushes for 37 in the first half.

- - - Updated - - -

Our defense is championship material. Wish our offense could figure it out

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Uni- 144 yards on 24 plays. Dj- 4 rushes 47 yards and a TD, long of 50. Passing a stack 8-13 total kollmorgen 7-10 for 75 yards and a TD.

SDSU - Lujan 8 rushes for 11 yards. ZZ longest run of 12 near end of half.

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Here is what I've seen so far. SDSU has played like ****. UNI's offensive play calling is as bad as Clenz makes it seems. The only way SDSU can stop UNI is if UNI stops themselves.

Our line has gotten worse and UNI's D line is really really good. I don't see SDSU winning this game.

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Here is what I've seen so far. SDSU has played like ****. UNI's offensive play calling is as bad as Clenz makes it seems. The only way SDSU can stop UNI is if UNI stops themselves.

Our line has gotten worse and UNI's D line is really really good. I don't see SDSU winning this game.
You haven't seen it at its worst.

I literally can't make our play calling sound adequately bad enough in this forum

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Took 7.5 games but Sawyers shifty overthrowing finally cost him a pick. He needs to be benched full time

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Took 7.5 games but Sawyers shifty overthrowing finally cost him a pick. He needs to be benched full time

Don't worry Lujan will give it back.

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Because Brion is a great passer

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Don't worry Lujan will give it back.

I apologize for that false hope on that drive.

clenz
O/U touches for dj in the second half is 7.5

unigriff
Zz finally finds pay dirt. 14-14

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 06:10 PM
No clenz. We alll know carnes can't throw period but s.k. has been god awful on throws this year. I've seen him under throw only once (at Hi) and has overthrown on over 80% of incomp. Passes. Just a matter of time before another pick came

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 06:11 PM
No clenz. We sell know carnes can't throw period but s.k. has been god awful on throws this year. I've seen him under throw only once (at Hi) and has overthrown on over 80% of incomp. Passes
Have you watches Carnes at all? Seriously, at all?

Look at his stats since stepping in campus throwing the ball

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 06:13 PM
I know he sucks throwing the ball. Never said he was even close to "eh". But this season SK has been horrible on the overthrows.

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 06:15 PM
O/U touches for dj in the second half is 7.5

For my sake I hope under

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Blocked FG by SDSU.

- - - Updated - - -

Our offensive line is atrocious

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 06:19 PM
SDSU drive stalls. Ball back to UNI

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 06:19 PM
I know he sucks throwing the ball. Never said he was even close to "eh". But this season SK has been horrible on the overthrows.
The reason Carnes didn't over their guys is because he makes Rennie look like he has a laser rocket for an arm

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Panther defense holds. ZZ still 1.5 yards shy of 1000 on the year

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 06:21 PM
True. Agreed. At this point wish we had rennie or **** maybe even PG under center

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Grace was a head case but could play.

I'm all for Reggie Schulte at this point

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Jacks pick 6!

Lots of mistakes by UNI so far in the 2nd half.

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Seriously? Wtf was that. Wasn't even a panther 5 yards n sight. Pick 6 by sdsu

- - - Updated - - -

Offense was moving better albeit not much with carnes in. Please put him back in

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Put Justin black in or the smu transfer

- - - Updated - - -

We don't score this drive...we lose

- - - Updated - - -

So you keep SK in and take DJ out. I think the coaches have given up

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 06:28 PM
3rd n long 2 with a qb keeper who can't run horribly well. Really. Go to he'll salmon and farley. My unborn child can call a better game.

clenz
Who the **** runs a qb draw on 3rd and 3 inside your own 25?

What the ****.

Does salmon even try anymore

unigriff
SDSU in huge control 21-14 end of 3

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 06:30 PM
We can't run the ball. We definitely can't pass the ball. Just like 05 title game (fumble return for TD) ..that pick 6 is gonna win the game.

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 06:30 PM
So it looks like I missed some stuff while I was working

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Put carnes in or game will end up 35-14.

Twentysix
October 18th, 2014, 06:31 PM
IF UNI falls today, are they eliminated?

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 06:32 PM
I'm done with this offensive staff.

They have zero creativity, zero ability to get the ball in the play makers hands in space, zero consistency in calls, zero anything.

It's amazing watching sdsu run 7 yard outs, curls, drags etc... Apparently unis offensive staff had never seen those before.

I will continue to support the players and cheer every week... For the players.

The staff can **** off for all i care

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Oof another offsides negates an int for UNI

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Another pick by UNI called back by encroachment. Unbelievable

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 06:38 PM
So it looks like I missed some stuff while I was working

either SDSU made some adjustments or UNI made some anti-adjustments.

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 06:39 PM
either SDSU made some adjustments or UNI made some anti-adjustments.

I'm ok with either :D

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 06:41 PM
ZZ with another TD!

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Game over.

- - - Updated - - -

UNI prob has the best talent in the conference and will possibly finish 1-7

IBleedYellow
October 18th, 2014, 06:43 PM
How can't you give the football to David Johnson less than 8 times a half? Man the coaches are inept down there.

IBleedYellow
Game over.

- - - Updated - - -

A 7-0 football team that's just as good as last year would like to talk to you.

unigriff
Good game jacks. All you had to do is show up to get the W. good luck the rest of the way. Time to go get drunk in anger of our suckiness. Good night all

X-Factor
October 18th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Game over.

- - - Updated - - -

Get real

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 06:50 PM
As of now i see no reason to waste my money on gas, food, etc... on trips to Cedar Falls to watch this **** show. I've likely attended my last home game of the season and am very unsure air tickets for next year.

I will continue to cheer for the players but can't justify wasting a full Saturday to drive to watch this.

Consider this my "protest" against this staff. Something I've never done but the only way something changes is if the staff and athletic department start to see that this isn't acceptable as fans.

Go a head jay, pull your "fan" bull****.

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 06:53 PM
How much u wanna bet they do a qb draw on 4th n 2 with the game "on the line"

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 06:54 PM
I left... Seriously... I left. The likelihood is about 60000000 percent

Big Rack
October 18th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Get real

Second that.

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Run the f - in ball

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Still a game... 5 min left SDSU only up 7.

- - - Updated - - -

UNI gets on side kick.

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 07:00 PM
TD UNI and they recover the onsides

Drblankstare
UNI not dead yet. What a brilliant onside kick

clenz
UNI could come back to win by 40 and i wouldn't change my opinion

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 07:02 PM
SACK ON 4th DOWN!!!!

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 07:02 PM
UNI could come back to win by 40 and i wouldn't change my opinion

I heart you clenz. I heart you.

Drblankstare
October 18th, 2014, 07:03 PM
UNI had all the momentum and they go 4 and out immediately. Not good

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Unbelievable

Drblankstare
Clenz turn around and come back

Thumper 76
Int for a TD UNI

dwtime
Crazy game!

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Why the F were we throwing????

Big Rack
Neither team will be in the playoffs.

unigriff
Pick 6 by UNI

Thumper 76
Jesus. Christ.

IBleedYellow
Damnit SDSU.

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Why the F were we throwing????

Cause we don't have a very good rb

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Damnit SDSU.

You know we would find a way to blow it. You know.

IBleedYellow
October 18th, 2014, 07:08 PM
But seriously... Damnit SDSU.

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 07:08 PM
What a catch!!!!!

IBleedYellow
October 18th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Okay guys...I need to know what's going on more please.

clenz
Clenz turn around and come back
No.

I threatened to be done the entire Hawaii game... I'm following through tonight

Thumper 76
You know we would find a way to blow it. You know.

Yes. Yes I did.

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 07:10 PM
A qb draw?!?! Wth?

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Fg good from 44 yds. Jacks up by 3

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Come on DEFENSE!!!!!! Make a play!

IBleedYellow
October 18th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Time left?

IBleedYellow
October 18th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Seriously... Time left

Drblankstare
October 18th, 2014, 07:14 PM
1:40

dwtime
1:40 left

Drblankstare
UNI ball at their own 30

Drblankstare
October 18th, 2014, 07:16 PM
1:23 left UNI at their own 45

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 07:17 PM
PICKED OFF BY SDSU!!!!!

Big Rack
October 18th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Game.

Drblankstare
October 18th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Too bad it will end on that pass. Jacks with the pick

mmiller_34
No fumbles now...

IBleedYellow
Yes!

centennial
Hello clenz. UNI once again **** the bed.

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Game over now.. Wow. That was crazy

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 07:20 PM
The **** you bringing my name up for, ****er?

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Game over now.. Wow. That was crazy

Holy god. We did it.

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Holy god. We did it.

I'm in shock, I think.

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 07:22 PM
I'm in shock, I think.

I figured we would fumble a snap or something. Is this real life. We won at the UNIDome?

centennial
October 18th, 2014, 07:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hXSZtPP.gif

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 07:27 PM
I figured we would fumble a snap or something. Is this real life. We won at the UNIDome?

Yah it's about time. This win feels good.

centennial
October 18th, 2014, 07:29 PM
For the record. I picked UNI and was pulling for them. Farley and the OC needs to be fired.

IBleedYellow
October 18th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Dude wtf..
Clenz is a good guy who loves his team.

X-Factor
October 18th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Wow, sorry but these are two sorry looking teams right now

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 07:37 PM
For the record. I picked UNI and was pulling for them. Farley and the OC needs to be fired.
Farley is the architect of the defense. He isn't the issue. The issue is the offensive coaches, though it could easily be said it's on Farley for being too loyal.

I would love to keep Farley but if he isn't willing to move on from Salmon them they all need to go and the key to the Cedar Valley and compete power needs to be offered to Coach K.

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Wow, sorry but these are two sorry looking teams right now

Do remember that SDSU is doing this with their back up qb

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 07:43 PM
I like Farley great coach

centennial
October 18th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Farley is the architect of the defense. He isn't the issue. The issue is the offensive coaches, though it could easily be said it's on Farley for being too loyal.

I would love to keep Farley but if he isn't willing to move on from Salmon them they all need to go and the key to the Cedar Valley and compete power needs to be offered to Coach K.

If the OC isn't fired then Farley needs to go. There are some excellent OCs out there. Watching UNI play I call tell the talent is good but the play calling isn't.

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 08:01 PM

I held my breath every single time he dropped back tonight... Just a few more weeks until Austin is back..

Theee Catrabbit
Cause we don't have a very good rb

I'm sorry but, unless someone can justify that playcalling to a point where I can agree that it makes sense, Stig and Eidsness should no longer allowed to coach the game of football.

clenz
And uni with an oc worth an iq of 3

Bison Fan in NW MN
I held my breath every single time he dropped back tonight... Just a few more weeks until Austin is back..

Good, I hope he is back for the Bison game!!

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Watching him walk and try to jog tonight he looked a ways from being healthy

Theee Catrabbit
October 18th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Good, I hope he is back for the Bison game!!

He will not be ready for the Bison game. My thoughts is he will be the back up Lujan throws a pick they'll yank and put Austin in. Zenner may run for a Zenner if Lujan is in.

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Wow. I stopped expecting anything out of UNI years ago, but that was embarrassing. We shouldn't have even had a chance at the end.

I don't think they have any rhyme or reason for playing musical QBs. I'm not sure how they've managed, but I think Kollmorgen is getting progressively worse the longer he is here.

The play calling on offense has been questionable for years. We had a 3rd and 2 late in the game and we were debating what terrible call we would make, but none of us guessed a QB draw with Kollmorgen.

We continue to have players who have no discipline. How a senior DT can jump offsides in one season is beyond me. Tonight it cost us 2 interceptions that lead to 14 points. Dude, you're a freaking senior, and at defensive tackle the ball is right there in front of you. Come on.

Congrats to the Jacks. You deserved the win and I thought it might get much worse for us.

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2014, 09:49 PM
David Johnson gets 9 rushes and 5 recs for 14 touches. WTF

- - - Updated - - -

Zenner rushes 29 times for 80 yards and we lose. Blows my mind.

UNIFanSince1983
October 18th, 2014, 10:03 PM

- - - Updated - - -

9 Carries for 78 yards. What are the two offensive coordinators doing? You would think you would give that guy the ball more. SDSU did all they could to get Zenner going. We had Johnson going but did all we could to not keep him going.

We shouldn't have been in the game. The coaching on both sides was bad, but it was worse on our side. BTW we completed what may have been the best onside kick ever. If we could have Schmadke kick the ball to the receivers I think we would be better than having either Carnes or Kollmorgen passing the ball.

Congrats to SDSU they were less bad tonight. I think their fans would agree they were bad today too. Why do you pass the ball twice with 3 mins to go and Zenner in the backfield? It almost screwed them.

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 10:08 PM
9 Carries for 78 yards. What are the two offensive coordinators doing? You would think you would give that guy the ball more. SDSU did all they could to get Zenner going. We had Johnson going but did all we could to not keep him going.

We shouldn't have been in the game. The coaching on both sides was bad, but it was worse on our side. BTW we completed what may have been the best onside kick ever. If we could have Schmadke kick the ball to the receivers I think we would be better than having either Carnes or Kollmorgen passing the ball.

Congrats to SDSU they were less bad tonight. I think their fans would agree they were bad today too. Why do you pass the ball twice with 3 mins to go and Zenner in the backfield? It almost screwed them.

don't even get me started...

I think the two coaches were playing anti-chess with each other.

UNIFanSince1983
October 18th, 2014, 10:11 PM
don't even get me started...

I think the two coaches were playing anti-chess with each other.

Both coaching staffs did all they could to lose ours just did a better job.

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Anti-chess. I love it.

UNIFanSince1983
October 19th, 2014, 04:55 AM
The Schneider catch that essentially won the game for SDSU was the #5 play on Sports Center tonight.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2014, 05:21 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Man, with his kind of talent, he should be getting utilized way more than that. 14 touches? It should be 25-30 at least.

clenz
October 19th, 2014, 09:10 AM
And before jay comes in and plays his douchey "fan" card i walked out of the house the morning in a uni hoodie, t-shirt, hat, with my grey and purple Nike shoes on.

I will never not support my school

unigriff
October 19th, 2014, 10:35 AM
End result:

1. UNI is not getting into the playoffs.
2. We all agree the OCs need to go.
3. DJ just lost his shot at the NFL draft because of his coaches and offensive line. (He may get picked up as a FA, but good lord).
4. I still stand by we should start and keep Carnes in. We are better offensively with him in. His passing will come around with more reps.

UNI Pike
October 19th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Carnes' passing is fully developed. We just need to accept that either qb is challenged past 15 yards in the air.

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

clenz
October 19th, 2014, 10:57 AM
End result:

3. DJ just lost his shot at the NFL draft because of his coaches and offensive line. (He may get picked up as a FA, but good lord).
4. I still stand by we should start and keep Carnes in. We are better offensively with him in. His passing will come around with more reps.
He's a 5th year senior that's over half way though the season. His passing isn't going to get better... Ever

semobison
October 19th, 2014, 11:05 AM
This was a tough game to watch and not because of the talent these two teams have. 6 Int's, 2 pick six's!! The Jacks had it won, tried to give it away but UNI decided they didn't want it!

Theee Catrabbit
October 19th, 2014, 11:12 AM
This was a tough game to watch and not because of the talent these two teams have. 6 Int's, 2 pick six's!! The Jacks had it won, tried to give it away but UNI decided they didn't want it!

semo, I dont dispute we tried to give it away. I can only say that Lujan is our second stringer, and this is his first year with Jacks as a Juco transfer. So, we can be happy with that, in no way should we have been passing the ball in those situations towards the end. If Sumner was playing, I'd say we would that game by 3 or 4 TD's.

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2014, 11:16 AM
UNI is still alive for the playoffs. They easily get in at 8-4 eith wins over the Redbirds and Bison. I don't expect that, but they are still in the chase.

I don't think Carnes is a better option. I think the OCs do a terrible job of calling plays for each QBs strength, just like when we had Rennie/Davis.

clenz
October 19th, 2014, 11:31 AM
If you have 2 qbs you have none.

The 4 years that uni had 2 qb options (this and last and Rennie/Davis) have been terrible.

When SK didn't have to worry about another qb coming in he was great.

Any time uni needs to score more than 21, as an offense, they will be screwed

centennial
October 19th, 2014, 11:34 AM
End result:

I don't say this often but UNI needs a transfer QB if they don't have a really good rfr.

semobison
October 19th, 2014, 11:42 AM
If you have 2 qbs you have none.

The 4 years that uni had 2 qb options (this and last and Rennie/Davis) have been terrible.

When SK didn't have to worry about another qb coming in he was great.

Any time uni needs to score more than 21, as an offense, they will be screwed

Watching UNI defensively can be scary. They are very physical and can really bring pressure. Offensively, maybe you guys need to go conservative for a while, sometimes pound, pound, pound, punt, play D can be successful at wearing teams down. How many carries does DJ average per game?

clenz
October 19th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Watching UNI defensively can be scary. They are very physical and can really bring pressure. Offensively, maybe you guys need to go conservative for a while, sometimes pound, pound, pound, punt, play D can be successful at wearing teams down. How many carries does DJ average per game?
Without looking probably 12