PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 7

superman7515
October 11th, 2014, 10:20 PM
First off, congratulations to Coastal Carolina, they become the first team to reach our seven D1 win milestone.

There are a ton of games that haven't gotten a recap yet, so if the link leads to a box score at the moment, I'll update them in the morning to lead to a recap (if ESPN decides not to include one for a game, I'll try to find a local paper's overview or something to link to). Why does it matter? It may help put things in a bit of perspective. For example, this week #2 Villanova defeated winless Rhode Island 44-21. "Wow, that's closer than I expected," you may find yourself thinking. "I better click the link to find out what happened..." Then you'll see that Villanova was up 37-0 at halftime and pulled their starters. Rhode Island scored 21 points in the 4th quarter facing mostly the Wildcats 3rd string, not quite as impressive of a performance by the Rams after all.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdDdTeUlibGgxSm83S2VMUy1KVFRMS EE&usp=sharing

As always, if you see any errors, please send me a note so I can get that fixed ASAP, and thank you for making "How They Fared" the number 1 tool on AGS for filling out your brackets each week.

kdinva
October 12th, 2014, 07:18 AM
bump

Southern Bison
October 12th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Thanks Supe!

superman7515
October 12th, 2014, 10:34 AM
All of the recaps have been updated. A few (SeLA at Lamar for example) had to lead to breakdowns from other sites or local papers (Liberty at Appalachian State) because ESPN did not think highly enough of those games to bother doing a recap for them.

Engineer86
October 12th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Bump

Hammerhead
October 12th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Big wins by over ranked opponents by New Hampshire and NDSU.

Pard4Life
October 12th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Filling out 24-25 was very difficult.

superman7515
October 12th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Most significant loss: McNeese State

rokamortis
October 12th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Most significant loss: McNeese State

Agreed.

Win was tougher - I went with Liberty.

MR. CHICKEN
October 12th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Big wins by over ranked opponents by New Hampshire and NDSU.

19833....AN'.....WESTERN ILLINOIS...&.......SAM HOUSTON STATE....xnodx....AWK!

PS....AT LEAST.....N. DAKOTA ST. & NEW HAMPSHIRE.....WERE HIGHER RANKED.....SO NO SHAME TA S. ILL. & WM. & MARY.........MCNEESE ST./YOUNGSTOWN ST......DONE IN BAH TEAMS IN DUH WEEDS!

knucklehead
October 12th, 2014, 07:32 PM
I agree with loss, but went with Ill St so as not to be a homer.

bobcathpdevil56
October 12th, 2014, 08:33 PM
I feel like I am sometimes too soft on teams that lose conference games. Those are always such different microcosms of a teams' year, especially if it is to another ranked/tough team. This week was very tough at the end of the poll, with teams that had a lost staying in due to tougher competition.

Anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?

BlueHenSinfonian
October 12th, 2014, 08:35 PM
I feel like I am sometimes too soft on teams that lose conference games. Those are always such different microcosms of a teams' year, especially if it is to another ranked/tough team. This week was very tough at the end of the poll, with teams that had a lost staying in due to tougher competition.

Anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?

I agree. The top is starting to get easier, but the bottom, especially the last third or so, is getting very tough.

dewey
October 12th, 2014, 09:49 PM
I agree. The top is starting to get easier, but the bottom, especially the last third or so, is getting very tough.

I agree. Those 20-25 teams were tough to pick.

Dewey

tomq04
October 12th, 2014, 10:40 PM
Agreed.

Win was tougher - I went with Liberty.

I was a wimp and picked ndsu for the statement whooping they laid down on #8. Liberty was who I was wrestling with picking.

rokamortis
October 12th, 2014, 10:54 PM
I was a wimp and picked ndsu for the statement whooping they laid down on #8. Liberty was who I was wrestling with picking.

Well, I felt like mine was a bit of a wimp pick too. The 'they beat an FBS team' reason, even though they aren't that good of an FBS team. I just didn't see anything else that just jumped out at me.

tomq04
October 13th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Well, I felt like mine was a bit of a wimp pick too. The 'they beat an FBS team' reason, even though they aren't that good of an FBS team. I just didn't see anything else that just jumped out at me.

I suspect Liberty was genuinely a better win for the week. Nothing better than a mid season pick me up like that. They are playing hot.