PDA

View Full Version : UNI@USD

Drblankstare
October 11th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Anyone been watching this on ESPN3. I just turned it on and it's 17-10 UNI in the 3rd. Is USD seriously decent this year?

centennial
October 11th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Anyone been watching this on ESPN3. I just turned it on and it's 17-10 UNI in the 3rd. Is USD seriously decent this year?
No UNI is jus not that good.

Drblankstare
October 11th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Yeah after watching for a couple minutes both teams look pretty rough.

UNIFanSince1983
October 11th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Our defense has been dominant aside from USD's first drive and then their drive for the FG when there was the worst targeting call ever on a 3rd down that kept them alive.

On offense I have no idea what we are doing. DJ only has 7 attempts. They are just willy nilly rotating QBs makes no sense. I have no idea what the offensive coaches are doing.

We need to improve quite a bit.

centennial
October 11th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Our defense has been dominant aside from USD's first drive and then their drive for the FG when there was the worst targeting call ever on a 3rd down that kept them alive.

On offense I have no idea what we are doing. DJ only has 7 attempts. They are just willy nilly rotating QBs makes no sense. I have no idea what the offensive coaches are doing.

We need to improve quite a bit.
You have the talent. The OC needs to be fired.

UNIFanSince1983
October 11th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Yeah we do have talent which is why you see so many frustrated UNI fans on this board.

Just after I said our defense had been dominant we give up a 99 yard drive for a TD. Blocked the XP though so the score is 20-16 UNI.

For some reason USD always gives us trouble.

IBleedYellow
October 11th, 2014, 05:59 PM
From watching this:

USD doesn't have near as much of a defense as I thought.

UNI doesn't have near as much of a defense as I thought and their playcalling is so-so.

UNIFanSince1983
October 11th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Ugly win, but it is a win. 27-16

Also Joe Glenn reminds me of Coach Red Beaulieu from Waterboy. Has that notebook always in his hands. Wearing a stopwatch around his neck.

Will be nice to get back home although it doesn't get easier with the Jacks coming to town.

Drblankstare
October 11th, 2014, 07:05 PM
It's funny how USD always seem to get up for UNI. Can't quite explain that

JayJ79
October 11th, 2014, 09:38 PM
pretty sure I heard over the radio broadcast some Yote fan blowing a horn (perhaps a vuvuzela?)
artificial noisemakers are banned in MVFC games (perhaps only in indoor stadiums, I'm not sure. but since this game was indoors).
not that it really made any difference in the game, but still lame.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2014, 09:42 PM
USD = pretender again

UNI is still a tough game for everyone they play this year. They can still win the league.

UNIFanSince1983
October 11th, 2014, 10:02 PM
USD = pretender again

UNI is still a tough game for everyone they play this year. They can still win the league.

I predict USD picks someone off they shouldn't. Possibly that Illinois State game at home if they aren't too demoralized by the time they get that far.

UNI has a lot to work on, but definitely has the talent to win the league. All tough games left though!

IBleedYellow
October 11th, 2014, 10:03 PM
USD = pretender again

Umm from how both teams have played I'd call them both pretenders.

UNIFanSince1983
October 11th, 2014, 10:06 PM

Is Illinois State a pretender too?

IBleedYellow
October 11th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Is Illinois State a pretender too?
No, they've actually beaten some teams. Your UNI team has done nothing with all the talent they have. Too bad, if the coaches would figure it out you'd be very good. Instead I constantly watch your talented players be held down by inept coaching choices.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2014, 10:09 PM

UNI has too much talent to be considered a pretender IMO. They will be in the thick of the race.

IBleedYellow
October 11th, 2014, 10:10 PM
UNI has too much talent to be considered a pretender IMO. They will be in the thick of the race.
Read my above post.

UNIFanSince1983
October 11th, 2014, 10:17 PM
No, they've actually beaten some teams. Your UNI team has done nothing with all the talent they have. Too bad, if the coaches would figure it out you'd be very good. Instead I constantly watch your talented players be held down by inept coaching choices.

I agree about inept coaching. Especially when it comes to offense.

We are the only team in the conference to have not played a home conference game yet. No excuses. Had we not gotten an illegal touching penalty last week we are in field goal range and win that game by 2 just the same way ISUr did today. We did, however, get the penalty and lose. Today was a win and a needed win. We still have a lot of season left and I think we prove we belong as long as the offensive coaches decide they want to use DJ and maybe figure out who they want to play QB.

We will see what we are made of next week when SDSU comes into the Dome.

IBleedYellow
October 11th, 2014, 10:22 PM
I agree about inept coaching. Especially when it comes to offense.

We are the only team in the conference to have not played a home conference game yet. No excuses. Had we not gotten an illegal touching penalty last week we are in field goal range and win that game by 2 just the same way ISUr did today. We did, however, get the penalty and lose. Today was a win and a needed win. We still have a lot of season left and I think we prove we belong as long as the offensive coaches decide they want to use DJ and maybe figure out who they want to play QB.

We will see what we are made of next week when SDSU comes into the Dome.
So until you have offensive coaches you're a pretender.

clenz
October 12th, 2014, 08:03 PM
So until you have offensive coaches you're a pretender.

Who the **** has ISUr beaten?

The had the worst OOC in the FCS.

The difference in their game with ISUb is they weren't kicking a 53 yard FG into a 25mph wind...Oh, and ISUb didn't pull out some double WR pass bull ****.

SDSU? They don't look real strong anymore, do they?

UNI has a national title caliber defense....giving up 289 yards per game, less than 3 yards per carry, 4 picks, forced 7 fumbles (recovered 6), 24 sacks, 58 TFL (the front 4 LIVE in the other teams backfield), blocked punts, blocked PATs, the list goes on.

The issue with UNI, which I've pointed out for ****ing years, is our offensive coordiantor is a complete ****ing moron with calling plays.

Dive, dive, dive, dive, 20 yard post, 35 yard seam, dive, dive, 19 yard out to the wide side, etc...

This UNI team has more talent, individually top to bottom, on offense than damn near any other team in the conference and it's NEVER used properly. Apparenlty it's illegal for UNI to throw a pass between the numbers that isn't 25 yards down field. Shockingly the first short inside route that UNI ran on yesterday was a 10 yard curl and guess what? It turned into a ****ing touchdown.

I hate 2 QB systems, but looking back at last season UNI's offense was at it's best with a healthy Sawyer and Brion running it. I sure as **** hope that the fact we've seen Brion more the last 2 games means we are getting back to that.

Actually, looking at the freaking stats, UNI's offensive production isn't too bad. Over 400 yards per game of offense, 230 through the air (15.3 per completion), 172 on the ground (4.5 ypc), scoring 31 ppg while not playing starters in the second half of 2 games, 51 points off turnovers.

Here's the ****ing issue with UNI's offense and where the play calling issues really stick out.

UNI has scored on 26 of27 red-zone trips this season - LESS THAN HALF OF THOSE WERE FREAKING TOUCHDOWNS!

UNI had 4 redzone trips against Indiana State, not just 4 trips - 4 first and goal to goal situations....ZERO ****ING TOUCHDOWNS. Turn ONE...just ONE...of those into a TD and UNI wins. Turn one of those against Hawaii into a TD and UNI wins. Iowa? We at least get to see overtime.

Also, here is a novel idea, GIVE THE BALL TO DAVID FREAKING JOHNSON MORE. If SDSU can use a bunch of fat white farm boys from the upper midwest to get ZZ 200 yards per game UNI should be able to give David the ball more than 12 times against god damn USD. I mean what the ****.

If UNI can ever get it's offensive **** together people are going to be in a world of hurt...but that's a big ****ing if.

I was happier when I wasn't posting here.

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Wow so ya needed to take a shot at SDSU again huh? I'm pretty happy with our fat white farm boys and I bet a ton of other teams would be too.

clenz
October 12th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Wow so ya needed to take a shot at SDSU again huh? I'm pretty happy with our fat white farm boys and I bet a ton of other teams would be too.

Dude...UNI has the same fat white farm boys...NDSU has the same fat white farm boys.

The point is why the **** is UNI unable to use them?

Don't be such a ****ing sally about it

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Dude...UNI has the same fat white farm boys...NDSU has the same fat white farm boys.

The point is why the **** is UNI unable to use them?

Don't be such a ****ing sally about it

Just pointing out that you tend to go out of you way to take a swipe at the jacks or ZZ, hell you half did it on the wedge even if I did agree with your point. Btw I'm guessing UNI wins next week by more than a TD

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Actually let me rephrase. You tend to try to validate UNI or DJ by picking at SDSU.

KUlawJack
October 13th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Actually let me rephrase. You tend to try to validate UNI or DJ by picking at SDSU.

Yep, constantly. Almost always involves ZZ, unsurprisingly.

UNI by 10. We are way too banged up to win this game on the road.

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2014, 08:57 AM

Totally agree.

Twentysix
October 13th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Fire Farley win NC?

IBleedYellow
October 13th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Who the **** has ISUr beaten?

The had the worst OOC in the FCS.

The difference in their game with ISUb is they weren't kicking a 53 yard FG into a 25mph wind...Oh, and ISUb didn't pull out some double WR pass bull ****.

SDSU? They don't look real strong anymore, do they?

UNI has a national title caliber defense....giving up 289 yards per game, less than 3 yards per carry, 4 picks, forced 7 fumbles (recovered 6), 24 sacks, 58 TFL (the front 4 LIVE in the other teams backfield), blocked punts, blocked PATs, the list goes on.

The issue with UNI, which I've pointed out for ****ing years, is our offensive coordiantor is a complete ****ing moron with calling plays.

Dive, dive, dive, dive, 20 yard post, 35 yard seam, dive, dive, 19 yard out to the wide side, etc...

This UNI team has more talent, individually top to bottom, on offense than damn near any other team in the conference and it's NEVER used properly. Apparenlty it's illegal for UNI to throw a pass between the numbers that isn't 25 yards down field. Shockingly the first short inside route that UNI ran on yesterday was a 10 yard curl and guess what? It turned into a ****ing touchdown.

I hate 2 QB systems, but looking back at last season UNI's offense was at it's best with a healthy Sawyer and Brion running it. I sure as **** hope that the fact we've seen Brion more the last 2 games means we are getting back to that.

Actually, looking at the freaking stats, UNI's offensive production isn't too bad. Over 400 yards per game of offense, 230 through the air (15.3 per completion), 172 on the ground (4.5 ypc), scoring 31 ppg while not playing starters in the second half of 2 games, 51 points off turnovers.

Here's the ****ing issue with UNI's offense and where the play calling issues really stick out.

UNI has scored on 26 of27 red-zone trips this season - LESS THAN HALF OF THOSE WERE FREAKING TOUCHDOWNS!

UNI had 4 redzone trips against Indiana State, not just 4 trips - 4 first and goal to goal situations....ZERO ****ING TOUCHDOWNS. Turn ONE...just ONE...of those into a TD and UNI wins. Turn one of those against Hawaii into a TD and UNI wins. Iowa? We at least get to see overtime.

Also, here is a novel idea, GIVE THE BALL TO DAVID FREAKING JOHNSON MORE. If SDSU can use a bunch of fat white farm boys from the upper midwest to get ZZ 200 yards per game UNI should be able to give David the ball more than 12 times against god damn USD. I mean what the ****.

If UNI can ever get it's offensive **** together people are going to be in a world of hurt...but that's a big ****ing if.

I was happier when I wasn't posting here.

You got way too heated over this. I've watched your very talented players be hampered by horrid play calling this and last year.

You can have all the talent you want, but Farley and Co. hold them back, sorry Clenz, but I'm calling it as I see it.