PDA

View Full Version : GaSou: Whats the mood?

Purple Knight
November 6th, 2006, 07:05 PM
No trash talk or disrespect intended. I can almost feel your pain. Do you see some improvement? Would a good QB who could pass do the trick? Yeah I am concerned about this weekend. You have too many ticked-off fans, players and students. Not good for us. Can Van G deliver or is he leaving with the Pres? :confused:

ButlerGSU
November 6th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Can Van G deliver or is he leaving with the Pres? :confused:

I hope you aren't talking about President Grube, the current President of GSU. From my perspective Dr. Grube has a lot of support among Alumni and the University community.

Other than that I'm not going to air dirty laundry on here, I just don't think it's the place. PM some Eagle fans on here and I'm sure you'll get answers.

bobbythekidd
November 6th, 2006, 08:02 PM
If you check the smack bord you will find some answers. If you go to tscsports.com, you will find more than you care to know.

AppGuy04
November 6th, 2006, 08:29 PM
I hope you aren't talking about President Grube, the current President of GSU. From my perspective Dr. Grube has a lot of support among Alumni and the University community.

Other than that I'm not going to air dirty laundry on here, I just don't think it's the place. PM some Eagle fans on here and I'm sure you'll get answers.

How is discussing the mood dirty laundry? What is it with GSU fans and their "secrets" of their football program.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 6th, 2006, 08:35 PM
The mood sucks.. everytime I get on here I get depressed :(

I'm guessing next year that we will have a new:
QB/OC/new offensive style because this year OBVIOUSLY did NOT work! to much talent wasted this year.

Like mentioned above, go to Tscsports and you'll get an opinion from very many pissed off fans.

ButlerGSU
November 6th, 2006, 09:25 PM
The mood sucks.. everytime I get on here I get depressed :(

I'm guessing next year that we will have a new:
QB/OC/new offensive style because this year OBVIOUSLY did NOT work! to much talent wasted this year.

Like mentioned above, go to Tscsports and you'll get an opinion from very many pissed off fans.

We will not have a new offensive style next season. Only an improved version of this one.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 6th, 2006, 09:43 PM
We will not have a new offensive style next season. Only an improved version of this one.

hopefully with alot more QB running and a player (::cough:: #4 ::cough::) that can fill those shoes.

Baldy
November 6th, 2006, 11:14 PM
No trash talk or disrespect intended. I can almost feel your pain. Do you see some improvement? Would a good QB who could pass do the trick? Yeah I am concerned about this weekend. You have too many ticked-off fans, players and students. Not good for us. Can Van G deliver or is he leaving with the Pres? :confused:
The Pres ain't leaving. The QB can pass the only problem is that he has no idea where the ball is going to go. It's really frustrating because Clark has everything else that a high quality QB should have....he doesn't take sacks, he doesn't turn the ball over, he seems to be cool under pressure, and has superior arm strength.

Unlike 99.99% of our fans, I'm patient. I believe CVG can and will deliver. It's just going to take time....something he won't be allowed to have.

Truly sad. :(

OL FU
November 7th, 2006, 06:58 AM
I think the mood can be summed up easily.

I look around AGS and cannot find a 20 page Furman/GSU Game thread:eek:

Hell, I can't find a Furman GSU thread at all. :eyebrow:

Eaglegus2
November 7th, 2006, 07:16 AM
There is a rumor floating around that Travis Clark has been benched for questioning the play calling of our OC.

The OC needs to be benched and suspended for the season for ineffective play calling.

My friend Baldy has the patience to weather any storm.:D

I don't think BVG will deliver unless he makes changes to his staff after the season. If there are no changes, expect some of the same next year.

It may be a long time before Georgia Southern rises from these ashes.

Ol FU............just for you. I don't want you to feel like this weekend is wrote off.

FURMAN STINKS!!!!!!!! Hope the horse loses his rider again!!:smiley_wi

gsugt1
November 7th, 2006, 07:20 AM
The Pres ain't leaving. The QB can pass the only problem is that he has no idea where the ball is going to go. It's really frustrating because Clark has everything else that a high quality QB should have....he doesn't take sacks, he doesn't turn the ball over, he seems to be cool under pressure, and has superior arm strength.

Unlike 99.99% of our fans, I'm patient. I believe CVG can and will deliver. It's just going to take time....something he won't be allowed to have.

This is why we call him Baldy VanGorder :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi

OL FU
November 7th, 2006, 07:30 AM
There is a rumor floating around that Travis Clark has been benched for questioning the play calling of our OC.

The OC needs to be benched and suspended for the season for ineffective play calling.

My friend Baldy has the patience to weather any storm.:D

I don't think BVG will deliver unless he makes changes to his staff after the season. If there are no changes, expect some of the same next year.

It may be a long time before Georgia Southern rises from these ashes.

Ol FU............just for you. I don't want you to feel like this weekend is wrote off.

FURMAN STINKS!!!!!!!! Hope the horse loses his rider again!!:smiley_wi

Man, I almost feel normal again:nod: :)

JDC325
November 7th, 2006, 04:19 PM

99.98% I am going to be patient as well.

blueballs
November 7th, 2006, 04:59 PM
The only reason Baldy is patient is because he hangs out with the likes of EagleGus2, GSUGT1, and myself. He is typically sufficiently medicated to wait out anything.

On the other hand I have zero patience. When you shell out $400k to a coach it is to PRODUCE NOW!!!

The talent level in the program is no different than last year and a year older. This fiasco was uncalled for and is a disservice to everybody associated with the program, especially the seniors and Jayson Foster, who absolutely earned the starting QB role with his performance last year- accounting for over 2500 yards and close to 30 TD's.

IF he fires the OC and uses some common sense in tailoring the offense to the talent at hand ("When life hands you lemons you make lemonade."- Erk Russell) he will ultimately be successful because I think he can and will be a great recruiter, especially with his very deep roots and connections in FL and GA.

He will ultimately bring back a winner to GSU, but alot of us think that we should have never stopped winning. Therein lies the foul mood...

KJ Eagle
November 7th, 2006, 08:28 PM
99.98% I am going to be patient as well.

99.97% here... I don't like the results of this year, but I'm optimistic that he can turn it around. I have concerns about the OC though.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 7th, 2006, 09:00 PM
99.97% here... I don't like the results of this year, but I'm optimistic that he can turn it around. I have concerns about the OC though.

99.96%...? haha... I agree with you completely... we have to have a more athletic QB to fit more of the traditional GSU style offense but at the same time still fit BVG's offense style... and run more than just screen passes....

ButlerGSU
November 7th, 2006, 09:21 PM
IF he fires the OC and uses some common sense in tailoring the offense to the talent at hand ("When life hands you lemons you make lemonade."- Erk Russell) he will ultimately be successful because I think he can and will be a great recruiter, especially with his very deep roots and connections in FL and GA.

He will ultimately bring back a winner to GSU, but alot of us think that we should have never stopped winning. Therein lies the foul mood...

Well said.