PDA

View Full Version : Central Arkansas vs. Houston Baptist Preview

Ch6Sports
October 10th, 2014, 08:01 PM
http://ucaecho.net/featured/uca-vs-houston-baptist-preview/

BEAR
October 10th, 2014, 08:12 PM
That was short. xlolx

I enjoy these student created programs. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to hear next weeks prediction.

McNeese72
October 10th, 2014, 09:36 PM
I wonder why we don't get to play HBU in any of the SLC schedules in the near future?????

Doc

Catatonic
October 11th, 2014, 05:57 AM
I wonder why we don't get to play HBU in any of the SLC schedules in the near future?????

Doc

Scheduling fluke? We don't play Nicholls in the near future. I suspect most schools have one conference team that does not work into the scheduling rotation short term? Don't know for sure. Just guessing baaed on how things work in the SEC where they rotate playing cross-division schools.

McNeese72
October 11th, 2014, 07:00 AM
Scheduling fluke? We don't play Nicholls in the near future. I suspect most schools have one conference team that does not work into the scheduling rotation short term? Don't know for sure. Just guessing baaed on how things work in the SEC where they rotate playing cross-division schools.

I don't know but HBU is why we ended up only having 11 games this season and an open date the first weekend of the season. They decided at the last minute, they "weren't ready" to play McNeese.

Now, the conference doesn't have us scheduled to play them the next two seasons which is crazy since they aren't but 2+ hours from McNeese. Another thing I'm not crazy about the SLC schedule for next season is that we go to Abilene Christian (which is normal since you guys play here this season) come home for a home game and then turn around and have to go to Conway. I know we don't play UCA this season but the last year we went to Conway and now when we play them, we have to go to Conway again. It wasn't that long ago, we had to go to Conway two years in a row. It is not that I don't like Conway but that is a long trip in the SLC. So next season, we will be making the two longest trips for us in the SLC with a three week span.

Ivytalk
October 11th, 2014, 07:46 AM
I had an old girlfriend who went to HBU when it was still HBC. That's how old I am . Hope its program does well.

BEAR
October 11th, 2014, 10:46 AM
I don't know but HBU is why we ended up only having 11 games this season and an open date the first weekend of the season. They decided at the last minute, they "weren't ready" to play McNeese.

Now, the conference doesn't have us scheduled to play them the next two seasons which is crazy since they aren't but 2+ hours from McNeese. Another thing I'm not crazy about the SLC schedule for next season is that we go to Abilene Christian (which is normal since you guys play here this season) come home for a home game and then turn around and have to go to Conway. I know we don't play UCA this season but the last year we went to Conway and now when we play them, we have to go to Conway again. It wasn't that long ago, we had to go to Conway two years in a row. It is not that I don't like Conway but that is a long trip in the SLC. So next season, we will be making the two longest trips for us in the SLC with a three week span.

if you ever find out how they schedule games, whether road or home, PLEASE let me know! It's been forever since I've been to lake Chuck! I liked our move to the SLC but our schedule has been set up so it's difficult to take multiple weekends off work for road trips and when the good games happen its deer season and the stands are empty.

McNeese75
October 12th, 2014, 01:32 PM
if you ever find out how they schedule games, whether road or home, PLEASE let me know! It's been forever since I've been to lake Chuck! I liked our move to the SLC but our schedule has been set up so it's difficult to take multiple weekends off work for road trips and when the good games happen its deer season and the stands are empty.

It's simple. We travel to Conway and then we don't play the next year. Then we get to travel to Conway and we don't play the next year, Then.......

Friggin Groudhog day all over xlolx

BEAR
October 12th, 2014, 04:08 PM
It's simple. We travel to Conway and then we don't play the next year. Then we get to travel to Conway and we don't play the next year, Then.......

Friggin Groudhog day all over xlolx

xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

xlolx